PFS Gameday #4 - Zoomba's 6-19 Test of Tar Kuata (Inactive)

Game Master Zoomba


301 to 334 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Botting Wyrgan

Unable to get within reach of his enemies without braving the water, Wyrgan advances and casts Divine Favor on himself, waitng for the chance to get in a good hit.

In response, the...thing moves closer to the shore, then vomits a swarm of spiders. They crawl forward, swarming over Jager and Wyrgan.

Swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Jager and Wyrgan need to make a DC 11 Fort save vs distraction and a DC 11 Fort save against poison or take Strength damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Initiative
Jager [ooc]4 damage
Tasutek 35 damage
Wyrgan 4 damage
Kristen sickened
Monster
Kiti & Mimi Mimi sickened
Ka Kaw
Jory

Sovereign Court

Female Gnome Druid / 7 | AC 26/13/25 | CMD 20 | HP 65/65 | F+8,R+4,W+7 | Init +1 | Perc+13 | SM+1

Kiti meows something at Mimi, and they both dash forward, circling the priest. Both cats bite the priest, helping each other.

Handle flank priest

Kiti bite: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 161d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Mimi bite: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 - 2 = 131d6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 = 4

Kiti fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Mimi fort: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 = 9

Kiti coughs a bit, but soon gets herself together despite the foul water. Mimi looks a bit green, clearly still suffering.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 20(24MA); ff 18; T:20] HP=59/59 F +9/R+8/W+14 CMD 28 (29 grapple) Ki 12/12 Monk (Zen Archer)/7 Perc +17/stone +19 Darkvision 60' per strike 7/7

Jory fires at the mad cultist until he drops. Only then does he target the monster. His training allowed him to ignore all but the most extreme cover. His allies fighting the priest had no effect on his concentration.

Ki for extra shot, perfect shot on last arrow this time.
arrow1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 121d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
arrow2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 241d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
arrow3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 221d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
arrow4 and reroll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 20(24MA); ff 18; T:20] HP=59/59 F +9/R+8/W+14 CMD 28 (29 grapple) Ki 12/12 Monk (Zen Archer)/7 Perc +17/stone +19 Darkvision 60' per strike 7/7

Jory fires at the mad cultist until he drops. Only then does he target the monster. His training allowed him to ignore all but the most extreme cover. His allies fighting the priest had no effect on his concentration.

Ki for extra shot, perfect shot on last arrow this time.
arrow1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 131d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
arrow2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 151d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
arrow3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 281d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
arrow4 and reroll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 This shot uses other attack roll as confirmation, so no crit

Jory puts two more arrows in the cultist and he continues to bleed from the thistle arrow.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Using the first Jory post. Results are exactly the same either way.

As two of Jory's arrows hit the cultist, causing him to bleed heavily, cat Kiti and Mimi lunge at Tasutek.

As they splash through the water however, their haste causes them to not notice the webbing right above the surface until they get tangled in it. Thoguh they still manage to make their way to the Rovagite, they are Entangled and take 2 acid damage from the webbing and the water.

Initiative
Jager 4 damage
Tasutek 61 damage
Wyrgan 4 damage
Kristen sickened
Monster

Kiti 2 damage & Mimi 2 damage (Kiti entangled, Mimi sickened & entangled)
Ka Kaw
Jory

Silver Crusade

Male
Skills:
Religion +5/Planes +4/Diplomacy +9/SM+10
Tracked:
Fervor: 3/3; Blessings: 5/5; LoH: 6/6
Aasimar (Angelkin)CL:7 Paladin 4/Warpriest 4 (HP:72/72)(AC:27 FF:27 T:13)(F:+13/R:+5/W:+15)(CMD:22)(Init:+6)(Perception:+14)

FORT vs Distraction: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
FORT vs Poison: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Grand Lodge

Male Tiefling Gunslinger (pistelero) 5, AC 19, HP 28[43], CMB [+5]; CMD [21], Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +4, Init +9, Perception +11 [darkvision]

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Jager steps out of the spider swarm shooting the cultist twice.
Spend Grit for upclose and deadly
Attack 1: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 - 2 = 20 Vs touch
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + (2, 1) = 15

Attack 1: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 - 2 = 13 Vs touch
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10

I've been forgetting about point blank shot this whole game... Geez...

The Exchange

Male Tengu Ninja 7 | HP 40 | AC 20; Touch 16; FF 15 | F +5; R +10; W +3 | CMB+5; CMD 21 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +11 | Stealth: +15 Ninja 7

move within 30' and vanish with my last ki point he might need a Fort save

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

damage: 1d6 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + (3, 1, 6) = 16


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Jager's first bullet rips through the enemy's armor. Reeling, he turns to ready himself for an attack when the strike from the invisible Tengu manages to catch him off guard and he crumples face-down into the water.

The creature remaining hisses at you.

Initiative
Jager 4 damage
Tasutek 91 damage, dead

Wyrgan 4 damage
Kristen
sickened
Monster
Kiti 2 damage & Mimi 2 damage (Kiti entangled, Mimi sickened & entangled)
Ka Kaw
Jory

Scarab Sages

Aasimar (Peri) Female aasimar Arcanist 3 | hp 16/17 | AC 11 14, T 10, FF 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3 | SR 8 vs. evil spells or outsiders | Arcane reservoir 4/5 | Diplomacy +11, Spellcraft +12, Perception +0 | Init +0

Kristen will cast an ear-piercing scream spell at the monster (not the swarm).
sonic: 1d8 ⇒ 7 Fort save DC 15 or dazed for 1 round.

Her celestial eagle will also attack the creature.
talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

SR roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Kristen's yell is extremely loud, but doesn't seem to affect the creature. Maybe it has too many ears... Or maybe didn't get through the Spell Resistance :(

Initiative
Jager 4 damage
Tasutek 91 damage, dead

Wyrgan 4 damage
Kristen
Monster
Kiti 2 damage & Mimi 2 damage (Kiti entangled, Mimi sickened & entangled)
Ka Kaw
Jory

Silver Crusade

Male
Skills:
Religion +5/Planes +4/Diplomacy +9/SM+10
Tracked:
Fervor: 3/3; Blessings: 5/5; LoH: 6/6
Aasimar (Angelkin)CL:7 Paladin 4/Warpriest 4 (HP:72/72)(AC:27 FF:27 T:13)(F:+13/R:+5/W:+15)(CMD:22)(Init:+6)(Perception:+14)

Wyrgan moves out of the swarm and attacks the creature spending a fervor and a swift action to enchant his weapon as holy...
Falcata+PA+DF: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 16 ...DMG: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 11 if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Wyrgan's blade slices through the beasts, which hisses as holy fire burns it further though not all of the damage appears to get through. In response, it skitters around him, then bites at the aasimar with multiple mouths.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 for Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 for Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Wyrgan, please make a DC 14 Fort save or take Strength Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1 as the bite injects poison into your flesh.

Meanwhile, the spiders move mindlessly forward in the same direction until they reach Kristen.

Swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Kristen needs a DC 11 Fort save to avoid being nauseated for a round, and another DC 11 Fort save or takes Dex damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Initiative
Jager 4 damage
Tasutek 91 damage, dead
Wyrgan 11 damage
Kristen 6 damage

Monster 18 damage
Kiti 2 damage & Mimi 2 damage (Kiti entangled, Mimi sickened & entangled)
Ka Kaw
Jory

Have at it!

Silver Crusade

Male
Skills:
Religion +5/Planes +4/Diplomacy +9/SM+10
Tracked:
Fervor: 3/3; Blessings: 5/5; LoH: 6/6
Aasimar (Angelkin)CL:7 Paladin 4/Warpriest 4 (HP:72/72)(AC:27 FF:27 T:13)(F:+13/R:+5/W:+15)(CMD:22)(Init:+6)(Perception:+14)

FORT: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 20(24MA); ff 18; T:20] HP=59/59 F +9/R+8/W+14 CMD 28 (29 grapple) Ki 12/12 Monk (Zen Archer)/7 Perc +17/stone +19 Darkvision 60' per strike 7/7

Jory steps five feet closer to and fires at the monster. He tries a volley of four cold iron arrows. He concentrates extra hard on the last shot.

arrow 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 241d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
arrow 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 121d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
arrow 3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 171d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
arrow 4/reroll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
+1 to hit and damage if he is within 30'

Sovereign Court

Female Gnome Druid / 7 | AC 26/13/25 | CMD 20 | HP 65/65 | F+8,R+4,W+7 | Init +1 | Perc+13 | SM+1

Kiti meows again, nodding at the monster, and Mimi obeys, moving in to attack. Kiti struggles forward, entangled in the water, and joins the combat.

If the last square is land Kiti can make it (it's drawn half&half)

Kiti attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 = 71d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Mimi bite: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 2 - 2 = 191d6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 = 5
Mimi bite: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 2 - 2 = 121d4 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 = 5
Mimi bite: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 - 2 = 81d4 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 = 4

Kiti fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Mimi fort: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10

Mimi finally gets used to the foul water. Kiti, however, swallowed a bit too much while struggling in the water with the webbing sticking to her fur, and vomits at the monster instead of biting.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

While Mimi's flurry of blows lands a hit on the creature, her bite doesn't seem to pierce its fleshy, shifting hide. After three more arrows from Jory however, the thing (a qlippoth) gives out a final series of shrieks and dies.

COMBAT OVER

With the fighting done, the cavern is much quieter, though the occasional bubbling of water and the ever present hiss of gas and fumes remains. Adrenaline wearing off, you start to realize just how sweltering this part of the mines is: it is not a place one should linger.

The Exchange

Male Tengu Ninja 7 | HP 40 | AC 20; Touch 16; FF 15 | F +5; R +10; W +3 | CMB+5; CMD 21 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +11 | Stealth: +15 Ninja 7

"Let us hurry."

Ka Kaw quickly looks around for treasure.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Scarab Sages

Aasimar (Peri) Female aasimar Arcanist 3 | hp 16/17 | AC 11 14, T 10, FF 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3 | SR 8 vs. evil spells or outsiders | Arcane reservoir 4/5 | Diplomacy +11, Spellcraft +12, Perception +0 | Init +0

Fort vs. Dex damage: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"Well done, friends. We should move forward as soon as possible."

Kristen follows Ka Kaw, ready for more fighting if need be.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 20(24MA); ff 18; T:20] HP=59/59 F +9/R+8/W+14 CMD 28 (29 grapple) Ki 12/12 Monk (Zen Archer)/7 Perc +17/stone +19 Darkvision 60' per strike 7/7

Jory looks for any innocents to rescue.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Digging Tasutek out of the water, you find a couple of spent scrolls on him, as well as a wand searing light, 5 charges and some nice looking armor, jewelry, and an axe (a +1 Breastplate, +1 Greataxe, and an amulet of natural armor +2).

Making your way back to the surface, you stop for a moment to try and retrieve Bertrag's instant fortress. Between careful preparation, a well secured rope, and Jager's engineering of a temporary ceiling brace, you six manage to pull it free as it shrinks just before the room's ceiling collapses downwards where the magical sanctuary once stood.

Once outside in the open air again, you see Bertrag and the other prisoners waiting a short distance away with the freed horses. He greats you warmly, and praises you for eliminating the Doomsday Knights at their source. Still worn down but relieved, they slowly make their way back to Tar Kuata with you.

Kristen:
As you camp for the night on your way back to Tar Kuata, you sleep and you dream. In your dream, you stand at the base of the monastery's spire. It seems even taller than before, and when you attempt to climb it, your handholds suddenly morph into smooth glass and you drop back down to the ground. As you shake yourself off, a scarab beetle with a bright blue carapace crawls along the dirt towards you. Seemingly without transition, it's face is that of Amenopheus, and his eyes look up at you as he speaks.

"Agent, welcome. I have sense that you and your colleagues have completed your work at Tar Kuata. I am sure your Venture Captain will be pleased. But Tahonikepsu and I are more interested in your findings regarding our own order. Have you found any connections between the monastery and the Jeweled Sages of the past? And could there be any amongst them worthy of becoming a Sage candidate in the future? As important as this 'sky key' may be, I'm sure you would agree that the further restoration of our order is just as important of a goal."

The beetle-Amenopheus scratches its legs in the dirt. "We will eventually need a full report of course, but I must begin my preparations quickly. I will contact you tomorrow for a summation. Be brief: 25 words should suffice. We work to a new Golden Age." And with that the beetle scurries off, and the aasimar awakes.

Reaching Tar Kuata at noon the following day, your arrival sparks celebration amongst the monastery and village. Even the stoic Tar Kuata breaks out into minor revelry at the news of the Knights' defeat. Bertrag's return also brings unexpected delight, and he tells the monks and all who will listen his account of your party's deeds. Aeotsep approaches you and warmly congratulates you. "I had seen the seeds of great potential in your earlier trials. But in overcoming this ordeal your strength has truly bloomed. I will pray that it continues to grow ever higher in your journeys to come."

"Yes," Itephta butts in. "You Pathfinders have certainly upheld your end of our deal. And so shall we." He gestures to Menkha behind him, who strides forward cradling an oddly shaped metallic item, glowing with a strange mix of magic and technology. "This 'Sky Key' component is now hereby bequeathed to your Pathfinder Society, as well as our monastery's enduring compliments.May you bear the burden of history well." He pauses slightly, then continues. "I understand that the life of an adventurer is to roam. Yet should you wish to continue your studies here someday, we would welcome you as honorary acolytes whenever you should decide."

Sovereign Court

Female Gnome Druid / 7 | AC 26/13/25 | CMD 20 | HP 65/65 | F+8,R+4,W+7 | Init +1 | Perc+13 | SM+1

"Oh that is the part? It's really, really, something? What does it do? And how? The mine was exiting, there was this cart ride and then a tower and a lake where was a monster and webs and it burned our fur. What does it open? I promised the horses carrots and a field to run in, do you have or shall I take them to coast? Does it open the sky? I and Mimi will come to be monky later, but we must do society stuff still," Kiti chatters while examining the component, jumping between topics as usual.

Scarab Sages

Aasimar (Peri) Female aasimar Arcanist 3 | hp 16/17 | AC 11 14, T 10, FF 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3 | SR 8 vs. evil spells or outsiders | Arcane reservoir 4/5 | Diplomacy +11, Spellcraft +12, Perception +0 | Init +0

Placeholder post to remine myself to reply to Amenophus... need to go back through the thread and make sure I craft the reply correctly and accurately.

Silver Crusade

Male
Skills:
Religion +5/Planes +4/Diplomacy +9/SM+10
Tracked:
Fervor: 3/3; Blessings: 5/5; LoH: 6/6
Aasimar (Angelkin)CL:7 Paladin 4/Warpriest 4 (HP:72/72)(AC:27 FF:27 T:13)(F:+13/R:+5/W:+15)(CMD:22)(Init:+6)(Perception:+14)

Wyrgan bows to the elder monk and accepts the gift. "We are pleased we could assist your order in any way possible. Many thanks for your offer of acceptance into your order should our paths change in our futures. You have been noble and honorable guests."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 20(24MA); ff 18; T:20] HP=59/59 F +9/R+8/W+14 CMD 28 (29 grapple) Ki 12/12 Monk (Zen Archer)/7 Perc +17/stone +19 Darkvision 60' per strike 7/7

Jory says,
"I'll definitely be back with more sandwiches."

Grand Lodge

Male Tiefling Gunslinger (pistelero) 5, AC 19, HP 28[43], CMB [+5]; CMD [21], Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +4, Init +9, Perception +11 [darkvision]

Jager smiles and nods to there hosts.

Scarab Sages

Aasimar (Peri) Female aasimar Arcanist 3 | hp 16/17 | AC 11 14, T 10, FF 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3 | SR 8 vs. evil spells or outsiders | Arcane reservoir 4/5 | Diplomacy +11, Spellcraft +12, Perception +0 | Init +0

Kristen crafts the following message to reply to Amenophus:
"A monk named Itephta has shown kindness and impressive ability. Could be a Sage in future. We have Sky Key. Prepare me a cool bath." Kristen smirks to herself for poking fun at the Sapphire Sage. Exactly 25 words!

The Exchange

Male Tengu Ninja 7 | HP 40 | AC 20; Touch 16; FF 15 | F +5; R +10; W +3 | CMB+5; CMD 21 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +11 | Stealth: +15 Ninja 7

"Thank you for the future opportunity to train at the monastery again. We appreciate it."


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Iteptha nods. "The honor shared is mutual. Now come, and celebrate with us before you depart our company once more."

And the celebrations continue throughout the night...

Grand Lodge

Male Tiefling Gunslinger (pistelero) 5, AC 19, HP 28[43], CMB [+5]; CMD [21], Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +4, Init +9, Perception +11 [darkvision]

And Jager will shamelessly hit on Kristen the entire time.

Scarab Sages

Aasimar (Peri) Female aasimar Arcanist 3 | hp 16/17 | AC 11 14, T 10, FF 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3 | SR 8 vs. evil spells or outsiders | Arcane reservoir 4/5 | Diplomacy +11, Spellcraft +12, Perception +0 | Init +0

After being accosted by Jager at least four times, Kristen rolls her eyes, and relents to a dance with him. She finds his dancing to be surprisingly elegant, and though she is chaste, she gives him an uncharacteristic lingering kiss at the end of the night. :-P

Grand Lodge

Male Tiefling Gunslinger (pistelero) 5, AC 19, HP 28[43], CMB [+5]; CMD [21], Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +4, Init +9, Perception +11 [darkvision]

Jager blushes causing his red skin to go even brighter at the kiss.

Thanks for the dance lessons mom! He thinks to himself. Walking back to his pallet drunk on that kiss.

Silver Crusade

Male
Skills:
Religion +5/Planes +4/Diplomacy +9/SM+10
Tracked:
Fervor: 3/3; Blessings: 5/5; LoH: 6/6
Aasimar (Angelkin)CL:7 Paladin 4/Warpriest 4 (HP:72/72)(AC:27 FF:27 T:13)(F:+13/R:+5/W:+15)(CMD:22)(Init:+6)(Perception:+14)

Wyrgan monitors the dance to ensure his angel-kin is safe....he is a Tiefling after all...

Sovereign Court

Female Gnome Druid / 7 | AC 26/13/25 | CMD 20 | HP 65/65 | F+8,R+4,W+7 | Init +1 | Perc+13 | SM+1

Kiti dances and chats with as many people as she can. Not wanting to disturb Kristen and Jager, she just smiles at them, approvingly.

Mimi spends the whole celebration lying in a corner and munching happily on a rabbit she caught.

301 to 334 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS Gameday #4 - 6-19 Test of Tar Kuata All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.