[OutPost] GM Dennis - PFS #6-19 Test of Tar Kuata - CORE (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Maps & Handouts


251 to 300 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

"You'll be safe on the journey back?" asks Akhenethys.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Each enemy has:

2 potions
magic breastplate
masterwork heavy steel shield
magic dwarven waraxe
masterwork throwing axe
antitoxin

"Yes, we should be fine. These Doomsday Knights were the biggest threat on the road to Tar Kuata. With them neutralized, it should be safe enough." You get the sense that Bertrag is a fairly high level monk who could easily have escaped this place if he wanted to, but remained only to protect the other prisoners.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Monk 7 | AC 20 | T 20 | FF 16 | HP: 80/80 | CMD 30* | Fort +11 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18 | Ki 7/7 | SF 7/7

Rogar tastes the potions. Take 10 on perception for a 28

And if they are cure potions he drinks a few of them. 6 to be precise.

Rogar lets others use his wand while he drinks.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

4 of them are potions of cure moderate wounds. The other 4 are potions of endure elements (which anyone who wasn't able to deal with the heat earlier might be interested in).

Scarab Sages

Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HP 32/32 | AC23 (11FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive -1 | +4 Init | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4 | Spell 1 : 7/7 Spell 2 : 5/5

Safe travel Bertrag! Says D'lack who need nothing from the knigths except for the antitoxin.

I will take one of these.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

When Akhenethys hears that some of the potions are of Endure Elements, he takes one of them in a sweaty hand and gulps it down like a refreshing drink.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

Chip takes a potion of Endure Elements and feeds it to Zipper, then he takes a potion of cure moderate and downs it himself.

Cure Moderate (Chip): 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5
"Crappy potion."

He then starts using wand charges...
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (Chip) (x3): 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 8) + 3 = 16
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (Zipper) (x5): 5d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 4, 7, 3, 2) + 5 = 28

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Monk 7 | AC 20 | T 20 | FF 16 | HP: 80/80 | CMD 30* | Fort +11 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18 | Ki 7/7 | SF 7/7

Rogar will drink 2 of the cure potions healing 24 and I think Electra Who never actually rolled a fort save. needs the last Endure potion most.

"One cure potion left. I will take healing from my wand if someone will use it on me."

2 charges from hs CLW wand tops Rogar off.

The Exchange

N Male Human Druid 7 Init +8 | HP 52/52 | AC28 T12 FF27 | Fort +9, Reflex +6, Will +13, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 17 | Perception +18 | Sense Motive +19
Buffs:
Longstrider, Barkskin
Resources:
Reroll: Unused
Conditions: CL 7|7

I can help you out with your wand, I just need to finish healing myself and Mirage.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Before they head down Anwar takes out a short rod of dark grey wood and mutters another spell. The air crackles with electricity which quietly subsides.

Anwar casts extended call lightning before they head down. It will last for 12 minutes

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Speaking of that, Electra likely has some healing to do from the last negative channel. She can make a DC 16 Will save for half.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Electra Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 --> Electra took 7 damage from that channel. It looks like she has a wand of CLW, so could easily be healed by someone who has that on their spell list.

-----

Looking around after your battle, you can see an area at the southern end of the cavern that appears to be the camp site of the Doomsday Knights. The southern walls of this messy campsite are covered in shaggy brown filaments, and the air feels cooler the closer you get to them.

Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC 17:
This is Brown Mold. It can be dangerous if touched, as it feeds on heat, but should be safe enough as long as you don't touch it.

In this campsite you find a locked iron case.

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 65/65 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 7 R 7 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (9)

Sorry pretty bad case of flu at the moment.
Electra gladly drinks down the potion of endure elements and hands Anwar her cure wand.clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The Exchange

N Male Human Druid 7 Init +8 | HP 52/52 | AC28 T12 FF27 | Fort +9, Reflex +6, Will +13, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 17 | Perception +18 | Sense Motive +19
Buffs:
Longstrider, Barkskin
Resources:
Reroll: Unused
Conditions: CL 7|7

Anwar hangs around in the cooler cavern for a little bit. This is much more pleasant, really takes the edge of being down here. I guess this is what those knights used to survive here...

He takes a quick look over the box.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

Anyone handy with a lock pick?

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Anwar examines the box, finding no traps (or anything else unusual).

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

"No good with locks here."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Monk 7 | AC 20 | T 20 | FF 16 | HP: 80/80 | CMD 30* | Fort +11 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18 | Ki 7/7 | SF 7/7

"Sort of."

Rogar pulls out an odd device and manipulates it until it resembles a crowbar. He then jams it under the lid and tries to pop the chest open by force.

str check: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

I'll take 10 on the Knowledge check if that's alright.

"Watch out for the fungus, illustrious friends. That is Brown mold and can absorb your body heat if touched."

Scarab Sages

f Picture of Electra Elf
Stats:
HP 65/65 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 7 R 7 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
Wizard Conjurer (9)

Electra smiles at the young human conjurer. "Good catch. And do you remember how to destroy it?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

Akhenthys scratches his beard. "I don't recall reading that, but logically, if it constantly is seeking heat, cold ought to kill it."

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

To be clear, the mold poses no threat to you if you don't intentionally touch it. You think the fact that it makes the room colder is likely why they camped here. Those of you that made the check know that a little bit of cold damage will destroy it.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Rogar manages to wedge the case open, but hears the tinkle of broken glass within as he does so. When the case opens, he finds six shattered vials that once held potions of endure elements, along with a cache of 924 gp.

GM Screen:

Perception:
Anwar: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Mirage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Scent
Chip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Zipper: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
D’lack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Rogar: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31 +2 for stonework
Akhenethys: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Electra: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Rogar and Electra notice a false bottom inside the case, within which is another broken vial and two scrolls which, sad to say, have been soaked through and ruined by the liquid seeping down from the broken vials above. Sorry folks, it's written into the scenario that the toys are ruined if you force open the case.

I'll get the next scene up tomorrow morning.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

"Well darn. Good mechanical protections on this case."

Chip shrugs and looks ready to move on.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Monk 7 | AC 20 | T 20 | FF 16 | HP: 80/80 | CMD 30* | Fort +11 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18 | Ki 7/7 | SF 7/7

Kind of silly that wedging open the lid causes that much destruction. But none of us have DD so we were not getting them anyway.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

The tunnel leading forward gradually descends over the course of another 500 feet, occasionally branching out into short side passages and broader chambers. Squeezing through the occasional tight spot, peeking down dead ends, and reaching this area takes 5 minutes.

The pathway ends in a chamber so hot that even endure elements will not protect you (above 140 F). Everyone takes 1d6 ⇒ 4 lethal damage (no save) when you come in, and must make a DC 15 Fort save (-4 penalty if wearing armor) or take 1d4 ⇒ 1 nonlethal as well.

Greenish filaments crisscross the flooded chamber, whose pools of murky water release strange, foul-smelling fumes (any round you end your turn adjacent to the water, please make a Fort save or be sickened for 1 round). Large boulders protrude from the water, many covered in profane markings and bloodstains (the boulders look slick with water and slime, requiring a DC 12 climb check). The rock looks pitted and etched near the water line, suggesting that the water is caustic. A portion of the water is covered with a strange webbing (marked with outline on map), though it looks like you could easily swim under it if you wished.

GM Screen:

Perception:
Anwar: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Mirage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Scent
Chip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Zipper: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
D’lack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Rogar: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28 +2 for stonework
Akhenethys: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Electra: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Initiative:
Anwar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Mirage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Chip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Zipper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
D’Lack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Rogar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Akhenethys: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Electra: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Beast: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Man: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Most of you spot a creature hiding in the water beneath the webbing.

What is that thing in the water? Knowledge (Planes) DC 16:
This is an advanced Thognorok Qlippoth, CE Medium outsider (aquatic, chaotic, evil, extraplanar, qlippoth), whose appearance is so horrible that the very sight of it can be sickening. For every 5 by which you beat the DC to identify you may ask another question.

Standing on a rock in the middle of the water is a man with a horribly scarred face. ”Fools! Now you shall meet your end as offerings to the rough beast!”

Initiative:

  • Rogar
  • Anwar
  • Akhenethys
  • D'Lack
  • Electra
  • Beast
  • Man
  • Mirage
  • Chip
  • Zipper

    Rogar, Anwar, Akhenethys, D'lack, and Electra may act.

  • Scarab Sages

    f Picture of Electra Elf
    Stats:
    HP 65/65 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 7 R 7 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
    Wizard Conjurer (9)

    Electra quickly casts Haste.
    "Feel the need... for speed! And kick that filthprayers head off for me please."

    Grand Lodge

    Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

    Fort (Endurance, Armor): 1d20 + 7 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 - 4 = 11


    Badger (RAGE(!)) | HD 4 | HP 38/42 (1 NL) | AC 20*#! | T 12*! (16 incorporeal)# | FF 15*! | CMD 20* (24 vs. trip) | Fort +7^! | Ref +5#^ (Evasion) | Will +3^! | Init +0^ (+2^ urban) | Perception +4^ (+6^ urban) (low-light vision, scent) | Rage 4/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Haste(*), Longstrider, Mage Armor(#), Sickened(^)

    Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

    The Exchange

    N Male Human Druid 7 Init +8 | HP 52/52 | AC28 T12 FF27 | Fort +9, Reflex +6, Will +13, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 17 | Perception +18 | Sense Motive +19
    Buffs:
    Longstrider, Barkskin
    Resources:
    Reroll: Unused
    Conditions: CL 7|7

    I assume Anwar takes no damage due to fire resistance. Mirage is not so protected.

    Fortitude, Mirage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

    Anwar flies forward as high up as possible. Your reign of terror is at an end he shouts and hits him with a bolt of lightning.

    Anwar makes use of his first maximised call lightning bolt, 18 electrical damage with a DC18 reflex save for half

    He raises a hand and gives a long, low whistle, directing Mirage to attack the creature in the water.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Monk 7 | AC 20 | T 20 | FF 16 | HP: 80/80 | CMD 30* | Fort +11 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18 | Ki 7/7 | SF 7/7

    fort save DC 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

    Being more brawn then brains Rogar decides to take a couple of jumps

    As a swift action he spends a ki point to add +20 to his jump checks. +41 to the checks so can't fail the rolls.

    He leaps to one rock. DC 12 climb?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 then next to the loudmouth. DC 12 climb?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

    Scarab Sages

    f Picture of Electra Elf
    Stats:
    HP 65/65 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 7 R 7 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
    Wizard Conjurer (9)

    Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
    KnowPlanes: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
    "Beware, they gained somehow the aid of a Thognorok Qlippoth!"
    Questions: Damage Reduction
    Special Abilities

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    DR/Cold Iron or lawful

    -----

    Special abilities:

  • Acid Web (Su) This ability functions like the web universal monster ability, except a creature entangled by a thognorok’s web also takes 1 point of acid damage each round.
  • Horrific Appearance (Su) Any creature that witnesses a thognorok’s horrific appearance could find itself overwhelmed with revulsion at the qlippoth’s constantly sprouting and waving insectile legs, becoming sickened for 1d6 rounds (Will negates).
  • Poison (Ex) Bite—injury; save Fort; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1d2 Str; cure 2 consecutive saves.

  • Scarab Sages

    Sorcerer 6
    Spoiler:
    HP 32/32 | AC23 (11FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive -1 | +4 Init | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4 | Spell 1 : 7/7 Spell 2 : 5/5

    Before going down, D'lack drinks the antitoxin he founds earlier.

    If the lethal damage taken is fire, D'lack has fire resistance (5)
    Fortitude DC15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    He waits for Electra to casts haste and moves quicker towards the edge of the pool.

    Too far to help Rogar with his best spell he calls for his classic neverfailing spell.

    magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) + 3 = 9

    Scarab Sages

    Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

    Akhenethys would have used a pearl of power to get Grease back before continuing, if that's alright.

    Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Akhenethys's robes grow wet and dark under the armpits, and he groans slightly from the increased heat.

    Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

    Resistances, immunities, and defenses, please.

    Akhenthys begins casting a spell to summon aid. Summon Monster II.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    The lethal damage is fire damage, so your resistance applies.

    @D'lack, who were you targeting with that magic missile?

    @Akhenethys using the pearl of power is fine. The qlippoth has the following defenses:

  • Immune to cold and mind-effecting effects
  • Resistant to acid, electricity, and fire
  • Moderate spell-resistance
  • Amorphous (immune to precision damage and critical hits)
  • All-around vision (cannot be flanked)

  • The Exchange

    N Male Human Druid 7 Init +8 | HP 52/52 | AC28 T12 FF27 | Fort +9, Reflex +6, Will +13, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 17 | Perception +18 | Sense Motive +19
    Buffs:
    Longstrider, Barkskin
    Resources:
    Reroll: Unused
    Conditions: CL 7|7

    Did he make his save against my call lightning?

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    I hadn't forgotten, I just hadn't resolved anything yet.

    Reflex vs. call lightning, DC 18: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

    -----

    Anwar's lightning strikes the cult leader, though he manages to dodge part of the blast. Similarly, D'lack strikes the man with beads of force (if you meant those to go to the creature, let me know). Rogar follows shortly behind, leaping from rock to rock until he is right in the man's face.

    The cult leader steps to the side (5ft. step) with a grin, waiting. Behind Rogar, as splash indicates that the horror beneath the web has emerged into a flanking position. Both lash out at the monk in tandem.

    +1 greataxe, flank: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
    damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
    sneak attack: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4) = 15

    +1 greataxe, iterative, flank: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
    damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
    sneak attack: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 6) = 16

    bite, flank: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
    Fort save vs. poison if this hits.

    Now that you can see the horrid beast, I need everyone to make a DC 16 Will save to suppress the overwhelming revulsion you feel at seeing its constantly sprouting and waving insectile legs.

    ------

    Initiative:

  • Rogar
  • Anwar
  • Akhenethys
  • D'Lack
  • Electra
  • Beast
  • Man
  • Mirage
  • Chip
  • Zipper

    Whole party may act.

  • The Exchange

    N Male Human Druid 7 Init +8 | HP 52/52 | AC28 T12 FF27 | Fort +9, Reflex +6, Will +13, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 17 | Perception +18 | Sense Motive +19
    Buffs:
    Longstrider, Barkskin
    Resources:
    Reroll: Unused
    Conditions: CL 7|7

    Anwar will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
    Using folio reroll
    Anwar will: 1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 5 = 25

    Keeping himself together Anwar unleashes another bolt of lightning at the cult leader.

    18 electrical damage, DC18 reflex save for half


    N, Large Tiger Init: +3 | HP 51/51 | AC 23, touch 13, ff 19 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +6 +4 vs enchantments, Evasion | Perception +6, scent
    Buffs:
    GMF

    Mirage slithers down the corridor and towards the enemies. However, as she enters the cave she comes within sight of the strange creature.

    Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

    and...

    I am not sure of the effect of the save, I have moved Mirage up to the point where she could see the thing. She has used 25' of her hasted 40' single move.

    Scarab Sages

    f Picture of Electra Elf
    Stats:
    HP 65/65 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 7 R 7 W 7 (+2/+3vs Elemental Spells)/ Ini +8 Perc +15
    Wizard Conjurer (9)

    Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
    Electra quickly cast protection from evil on herself.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Monk 7 | AC 20 | T 20 | FF 16 | HP: 80/80 | CMD 30* | Fort +11 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18 | Ki 7/7 | SF 7/7

    becoming sickened for 1d6 rounds (Will negates)

    will save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

    After being hit by a greataxe in a very sensitive spot Rogar begins his flurry of blows. Focusing on the injured guy with the axe non-lethal for now.

    Including: Haste
    First attack will be a stunning fist attempt. DC 17 Fort if it hits.

    att #1: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 = 16
    blugoning/silver/magic/cold iron/non-lethal dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

    att #2: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 26
    blugoning/silver/magic/cold iron/non-lethal dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

    att #3: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
    blugoning/silver/magic/cold iron/non-lethal dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

    Haste att: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 1 = 29
    blugoning/silver/magic/cold iron/non-lethal dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    If Axe guy still stands ki point for another attack. If not then ki point for +4 to AC.

    ki att: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 = 17
    blugoning/silver/magic/cold iron/non-lethal dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


    N, Large Tiger Init: +3 | HP 51/51 | AC 23, touch 13, ff 19 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +6 +4 vs enchantments, Evasion | Perception +6, scent
    Buffs:
    GMF

    Aah, I see the sickened now yes. In which case Mirage will complete her movement, sliding into the water and swimming over to the battle underneath the webs. With haste she has a 40' swim speed.

    Sicken: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    Grand Lodge

    Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

    Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

    Chip shrugs at the weird monster. "Zipper, attack." He points at the human.

    Double Move
    Time for a bunch of rolls...
    Chip tries to make it across. He tries to hop onto the first rock.
    Acrobatic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 - vs. DC 10

    He then climbs on the first rock
    Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 - vs. DC 12

    ...and on the second...
    Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 - vs. DC 12

    Then tries to jump to the other side.
    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 - vs. DC 20
    Using my reroll...
    Acrobatics (Reroll @ +5): 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 5 = 25

    He hops across, just barely making it over.

    Free Action
    He draws out his longsword and two-hands it.

    He then tries to resist the effects of the water.
    Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
    It makes him feel a little sick.

    Phew. Think I got it all. Tell me if I missed something.


    Badger (RAGE(!)) | HD 4 | HP 38/42 (1 NL) | AC 20*#! | T 12*! (16 incorporeal)# | FF 15*! | CMD 20* (24 vs. trip) | Fort +7^! | Ref +5#^ (Evasion) | Will +3^! | Init +0^ (+2^ urban) | Perception +4^ (+6^ urban) (low-light vision, scent) | Rage 4/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Haste(*), Longstrider, Mage Armor(#), Sickened(^)

    Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
    Sickened Rounds: 1d6 ⇒ 6 - Eww

    Zipper if horrified by the appearance of whatever it is, but tries his best to follow Chip's commands.

    Double Move
    Zipper tries the same things as his master.

    With haste and sickened, he is +13 to jump, and he has a climb speed with +15 to climb so has no problem with the boulders.
    Zipper hops across to the first few boulders, then tries to make a long leap.
    Acrobatics (Haste, Sickened): 1d20 + 3 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 12 - 2 = 33

    He makes it across enough to face the human and growl.

    Not rolling the fort save since Zipper is already sickened.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Reflex vs lightning, DC 18: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 -->18 damage

    ------

    Rogar's stunning blow fails to connect, but three of his followup blows land true. He taps into his inner wisdom to strike once more, but is unable to connect.

    When Mirage slips into the water, the caustic liquid begins to eat away at the serpent. acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

    In addition to the DC 16 Will save to avoid being sickened by the sight of the creature (anyone that can see it), everyone that ends their turn adjacent to or in the water needs to make a DC 10 Fort save or be sickened for 1 round. Looks like you got everything, Chip/Zipper.

    Akhenethys and D'lack may act.

    Grand Lodge

    Gnome Ranger 6 (CORE) | HP 54/58 (1 NL) | AC 22* | T 15* | FF 19 | CMD 23* | Fort +7 | Ref +8* | Will +6 | +2 vs. illusion, +1 vs. mind-affecting spells/SLA (+2 if psychic), +1 vs. disease, +1 vs. distraction of swarms | Init +2 (+4 urban) | Perception +10 (+12 urban) (low-light vision) | Sense Motive +5 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Conditions: Haste(*), Longstrider

    Ah the fort save is only DC 10. OK, Chip is not sickened then. :)

    Scarab Sages

    Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

    Akhenethys doesn't see the creature at first, but after casting, he'll come around the corner and see it.

    Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

    1d3 ⇒ 2

    Akhenethys completes his spell and two celestial eagles appear, and swoop in to attack.

    Will eagle 1; Will eagle 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Both are sickened.

    eagle 1 vs. cult leader: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 - 2 = 12

    eagle 2 vs. qlippoth: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 - 2 = 12

    Akhenethys comes around the corner, "Fellows, what's going on in... good gods!" He gags and averts his eyes from the disgusting qlippoth.

    He moves as fast as he can, boosted by the Haste spell, but can't quite get close enough to use his more effective spells. He thinks for a moment, and comes up with something. He concentrates, and the image of three angelic beings appears in the perfect position to aid the attacks of his teammates.

    Using Silent Image to create the image of two Dapsara angel attacking the cult leader in flanking positions with Rogar and Zipper, and another one attacking the qlippoth in flanking position with Rogar. If they fail a DC 17 will save I think that it would cause them to think they're being attacked, and those opposite should get a flanking bonus.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Will save vs. illusion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

    D'lack may act.

    Scarab Sages

    Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

    Of course, the qlippoth can't be flanked, although it might choose to spend an attack on the angel, so it should still need to make a will save. Silent Image is a figment, not a pattern, and is not a mind-affecting spell, so the qlippoth shouldn't be immune to it.


    *Bzzzzzt* Botting for Weeeesslleeeeey D'lack:

    D'lack focuses fire on the cult leader, launching three beads of force.

    magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    ---

    Will save vs. sickened: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    The man laughs maniacally as he and the beast continue their assault on Rogar.

    +1 greataxe, flank: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
    damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
    sneak attack: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 2) = 13

    +1 greataxe, iterative, flank: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
    damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
    sneak attack: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3) = 13

    He swings twice, but the blood dripping down his forehead caused by D'lack's recent strikes disrupt his vision and he comes up empty.

    ---

    bite 1, flank: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
    Fort save vs. poison if this hits.

    bite 2, flank: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
    Fort save vs. poison if this hits.

    bite 3, flank: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
    Fort save vs. poison if this hits.

    bite 3 confirm?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
    Fort save vs. poison if this hits.

    The beast's many mouths snap at Rogar, missing once. The monk can't dodge them all, though, as two disgusting, malformed faces latch on and give Rogar's leg a good shake!

    ------------------------

    Initiative:

  • Rogar
  • Anwar
  • Akhenethys
  • D'Lack
  • Electra
  • Beast
  • Man
  • Mirage
  • Chip
  • Zipper

    Whole party may act.

  • 251 to 300 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OutPost] GM Dennis - PFS #6-19 Test of Tar Kuata - CORE All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.