Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


5,351 to 5,400 of 12,432 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
RPGGGM wrote:

Posh and Alia are about 30 ft off of the current map. You can both hear most of what is being said and probably gather the problem--now that the party is engaged how do they disengage, or perhaps push on further.

Dovan has not indicated that he has noticed you, nor has anyone else that you know of, but that's mostly due to a lack of line of sight.

Just wanted to make certain so I don't remain silent when he's looking right at Posh nor speak up when he's nowhere nearby for people to hear.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Zokon Santyev wrote:

Zokon attempts to subtly signal Alia to advance, passing it off as swatting at a bug a few times.

dice:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Alia seeing Zokon's not so subtle signals guesses that he wants her to shoot him--she thinks.


Dovan seems to be looking at Celyne when Zokon tries to pass his message to Alia.

"Well it's light enough. Jeb, take Planchet, and this lot to the fort."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Celyne, Numalar, Scarlet, and Zokon - sense motive DC 18:
You don't think Dovan trusts you any further than he could kick Fat Norry.


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

sense motive, dc 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Celyne tsks, and says "Dovan, Dovan, Dovan... I get the impression you don't like us very much... which is fine, you don't have to like everyone you meet, but you don't trust us either, and that hurts me to the quick ...
I'm devastated."

bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

"I agree Celyne our host should be more trusting, at least he could attempt to appear more trusting."

Zokon gives a sec for Alia to respond, if she does not he acts


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"I think Zokon wants me to shoot him?", Alia whispers to Posh. She then shrugs and retrieves her bow, taking aim at Zokon:"Posh, get ready to flee, I guess"
Maybe they want to stage an assault from outside forces, to bond themselves together.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon is keeping a lookout at what Dovan is doing at all times

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Seeing as Alia is aiming for him he tries to change her action

He gestures with both hands come to me

Bluff to pass message to Alia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

GM:

I'm trying to get Alia to come to me with weapons drawn .. leaving my success or failure interpretations to you

"Alia my friend come to me and meet our new friends."

With those rolls Zokon may need some acting lessons, if he doesn't get shot to death


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

"Huh? Really? That's a shame." Large Scarlet shrugs. "So, what now boss? Get out of here, keep convincing 'em, or burn 'em all?"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Zokon Santyev wrote:

Zokon is keeping a lookout at what Dovan is doing at all times

Seeing as Alia is aiming for him he tries to change her action

He gestures with both hands come to me

"Alia my friend come to me and meet our new friends."

With those rolls Zokon may need some acting lessons, if he doesn't get shot to death

He just keeps gesturing to his chest.

This actually happened at a table I was GMing once where the player just kept pointing to himself, and the other player inferred that he wanted to be shot--to the hysterical, tear-jerking laughter of everyone present. Okay, it's three words, first word sounds like....


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Oh Zokon, I hope you know what you are doing!
Alia takes aim at Zokon a moment longer, then lets fly, shouting:"Die, you bandits, for what you did to my friends!"
Longbow, Called shot to the heart chest: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 = 6
Pierce: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Following that, she moves 30 more feet away, pressing against a thick tree to break line of sight towards the camp.


Zokon Santyev wrote:

"I agree Celyne our host should be more trusting, at least he could attempt to appear more trusting."

Zokon gives a sec for Alia to respond, if she does not he acts

That's a challenge to authority if I've ever heard one.

Suddenly, in half the time any of you would have thought Dovan is staring eye to eye, nose to nose with Zokon. His knife is out and he looks like he's a hair away from using it.

dice:
climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"And why in the Nine Hells would anyone trust any Wilscums like you? We only just met the four of you Dirty Jennies sneaking in before first light, and none of you have even given us so much as a handle--probably all mangy rat cultists. Doesn't matter. More jobbers the better. Hells, you could be straw men.... Jeb, get these, mangy, flee-bitten, water rats outta here before I make one of them a straw man. You got anything more to say bowman? Cause I'm right here listening."

Zokon feels a bit shaken. He recognizes that this river eel of a man is a dangerous, possibly cunning, killer. You feel sure he heard Scarlet's words, but for now is ignoring them. The other men seem too taken aback to register anything but Dovan and Zokon.

But... (@#%$, ninja elves!)

Alia wrote:
"Die, you bandits, for what you did to my friends!"

*TWANG*


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet shrugs and exhales. "FINALLY!"

Scarlet reaches for her blades, 'cause she knows it's gonna get violent.

Alia's arrow only confirms it. "You guys gonna get involved? Or are ya standing down?"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

dice:

Alia's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Celyne's Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Luna's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Numalar's Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Poshment's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Scarlet's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Sir Didymus' Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Zokon's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Conditions The sun is up now so normal light conditions are in effect. Only Dovan and Valkeri are currently in their armor.

Still looking Zokon in the eye Dovan smiles and stabs in the abdomen with his dirk.

dagger (sneak attack, v flat-footed): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15 damage: 1d4 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + (6, 3) = 14 +2 bleed damage/rd on your turn (so right now, because you are up).

Then he pulls his silvery rapier and capers away across ledge.

Round 1
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Dovan
__ Zokon 16/32, 2 bleed
__ Poshment
__ Numalar (Sir Didymus)
__ Celyne

__ Fat Norry
__ Dirty Jeb
__ Valkeri
__ Luna
__ Planchet
__ Scarlet
__ Alia


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Celyne walks over to Zokon and heals him with the wand. "That's a nasty wound... let's at least stop that bleeding... "

cure light on Zokon: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"What the..? Uhhh.. Owwwwwww."

Zokon brings the bow up to his eye level and fires two shots at Dovan

If it's that scary.. lets kill it.

He fires two shots to give him more chance of hitting due to scary mans reflexes

Longbow+stshaken+rf+pbs: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Longbow+stshaken+rf+pbs: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

GGGM: If I take a 5' step south, Do I have Dovan in line of sight with no cover? Or maybe 5' east? Is there a spot within a single move that I will have a clear shot?


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Posh smirks and shakes his head.
"Run? Not as long as you are safe." he states keeping the crosbow aimed until she fires upon the bandits, and joins in.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Celyne wrote:
Celyne walks over to Zokon and heals him with the wand. "That's a nasty wound... let's at least stop that bleeding... "

It's actually more of a 20 foot climb (DC 15 at 1/4 normal movement, or DC 20 for half speed; Scarlet because of her size and reach can pull herself up with a DC 15) than a walk... unless he falls off. Maybe someone needs to invent the extendable wand. Anyhow you can restate. I updated the map with clearer elevation edge demarcation, but note there are further elevations to either side.

Numalar Auritonius wrote:

GGGM: If I take a 5' step south, Do I have Dovan in line of sight with no cover? Or maybe 5' east? Is there a spot within a single move that I will have a clear shot?

Given the angle there's not a good place within 5, or even 10, feet that gives you a chance of seeing more than the upper portion of his body. Numalar has line of sight, but Dovan has cover from the gnome.

Poshment Underhill wrote:

Posh smirks and shakes his head.

"Run? Not as long as you are safe." he states keeping the crosbow aimed until she fires upon the bandits, and joins in.

Anyone in particular? And you're still about thirty feet away from the narrow (hard to get line of sight) gorge.


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Celyne DOESN'T heal Zokon this round, unless he comes down out of the tree... Instead, she uses her crossbow and aims at Dovon... "That wasn't nice!"

to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
dmg if hits: 1d8 ⇒ 4


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Zokon fires twice but only tags his assailant once, catching a shoulder piece on the man's leathers.

Celyne loads and fires her crossbow but it ricochets off the side of the gorge.

Conditions The sun is up now so normal light conditions are in effect. Of the bandits only Dovan and Valkeri are currently in their armor.

Round 1
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Dovan -13 hp
__ Zokon 16/32, 2 bleed
__ Poshment
__ Numalar (Sir Didymus)

__ Celyne
__ Fat Norry
__ Dirty Jeb
__ Valkeri

__ Luna
__ Planchet
__ Scarlet
__ Alia


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
RPGGGM wrote:
Celyne wrote:
Celyne walks over to Zokon and heals him with the wand. "That's a nasty wound... let's at least stop that bleeding... "

It's actually more of a 20 foot climb (DC 15 at 1/4 normal movement, or DC 20 for half speed; Scarlet because of her size and reach can pull herself up with a DC 15) than a walk... unless he falls off. Maybe someone needs to invent the extendable wand. Anyhow you can restate. I updated the map with clearer elevation edge demarcation, but note there are further elevations to either side.

Numalar Auritonius wrote:

GGGM: If I take a 5' step south, Do I have Dovan in line of sight with no cover? Or maybe 5' east? Is there a spot within a single move that I will have a clear shot?

Given the angle there's not a good place within 5, or even 10, feet that gives you a chance of seeing more than the upper portion of his body. Numalar has line of sight, but Dovan has cover from the gnome.

Poshment Underhill wrote:

Posh smirks and shakes his head.

"Run? Not as long as you are safe." he states keeping the crosbow aimed until she fires upon the bandits, and joins in.

Anyone in particular? And you're still about thirty feet away from the narrow (hard to get line of sight) gorge.

Same target as Alia, only not a called shot...or did I miss something?


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Poshment Underhill wrote:
Same target as Alia, only not a called shot...or did I miss something?

Yeah, she was shooting at Zokon.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
RPGGGM wrote:
Given the angle there's not a good place within 5, or even 10, feet that gives you a chance of seeing more than the upper portion of his body. Numalar has line of sight, but Dovan has cover from the gnome.

"Ha! If that's how you want it that's just fine!"

Numalar flings a bolt of fire from his hand at Dovan.

produce flame touch -4 cover: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 31d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

If it doesn't really matter where I am then I might as well move up.

"Macrathane's Codpiece!" Numalar curses as the shot goes wide. "Come on, Sir Didymus! Forward!" Numalar and Sir Didymus push past Luna and stand beside her.

BTW, as usual I will use draconic defense if I am hit by a weapon.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

@Posh: Aye, Zokon failed 2 bluffs to transmit secret message(he wanted me to climb up and approach him). Alia picked up that he wanted her to shoot him in the chest. Her thought process was: If their criminal intents are doubted, an outside force attacking them would allow them to "bond" together in the heat of battle. - seems Dovan rather used the chaos of combat to take a stab at Zokon, after seeing someone else 'wants him dead', too.

Kind of totally did not work out as expected. Honestly, I figured everybody would draw weapons and look in the direction of Posh and me, and then things go crazy...not right at the start :)


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Posh cannot seem to hit Zokon either. Maybe human-bane bolts?

Numalar's flame momentarily flashes against the side of the gorge drawing a great hissing noise from the damp stone.

The bandits with some initiative run away southward. ('Up' on this map. Sorry about that.)

Maps updated. The first slide has our running bandits on it. Slide two is their camp (where most of you are). As they are running there is a 60 foot gap between the two maps along the noted edge. The narrow confines give people cover between the two maps.

Conditions The sun is up now so normal light conditions are in effect. Of the bandits only Dovan and Valkeri are currently in their armor.

Round 1
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Dovan -13 hp
__ Zokon 16/32, 2 bleed
__ Poshment
__ Numalar (Sir Didymus)
__ Celyne
__ Fat Norry
__ Dirty Jeb
__ Valkeri
__ Luna

__ Planchet
__ Scarlet
__ Alia


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Celyne gives Luna the hand signal to attack Dovan...

handle animal: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 4 = 29


hp 21/21 AC 19, 16, 14 saves F 4, R 7, W 3, bab 2, init +3, spd 40, cmb 4, cmd 17 tiger
skills:
acro 8, climb 1, perc 6, stealth 7/11, swim 1

Luna stalks forward and pounces at the last moment, teeth gnashing at the bandit's leg, trying to disable him.

to hit, bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
dmg if hits: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

At work, so it will be a few before I can update the map. Planchet runs to join his friends and Luna there is a 20' wall of stone that requires some climbing DC 15 or flying to overcome before you can reach your prey. Scarlet and Alia are up in the meantime.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

I moved further away, so am 60 feet from the party.

Alia, peeking around her tree, realizes that things have changed...instead of being pursued herself, the bandits seem to have fled, with the others preparing to give pursuit.

She closes up with them as fast as she can.

Either double-move to the others, OR casting expeditious retreat and moving to the others, if daily spells are refreshed yet - not sure if the arcane bond 1/day is dependent on having gone through spell prep.


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

delete Luna's action then... Celyne wouldn't have asked her to attack in that case


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet scoots up the hill and tries to hoist herself up. The rage of efreets flow through her.

Str Check, Bloodrage, DC 15: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 16

She climbs up the hill, and draws her blades. "Well, if you want to play it that way, Dovan..."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Thanks for moving Planchet!

Dovan snarls at his men's cowardice, and Scarlet blocking his escape. Then he shrugs and smiles. Dovan makes to jump off the ledge and then dives straight for Scarlet's weak side. He rolls in close....

acrobatics (avoid AoO): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

His free hand produces his rapier and....

rapier v Scarlet: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

... Instead of taking off her ear as he might have were she normal sized, he draws a line of blood across her thigh.

Zokon continues to bleed.

Maps updated. The first slide has our running bandits on it. Slide two is their camp (where most of you are). As they are running there is a 60 foot gap between the two maps along the noted edge. The narrow confines give people cover between the two maps.

Conditions The sun is up now so normal light conditions are in effect. Of the bandits only Dovan and Valkeri are currently in their armor.

Round 2
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Dovan -13 hp
__ Zokon -18 hp, 2 bleed
__ Poshment
__ Numalar (Sir Didymus)
__ Celyne (Luna)

__ Fat Norry
__ Dirty Jeb
__ Valkeri
__ Planchet
__ Scarlet -5 hp
__ Alia


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon notices that he is significantly injured and gtting weaker, but Scarlet is under attack and thus he steps 5ft closer and fires a pair of arrows at Dovan

Longbow +pbs+st-rs: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Longbow +pbs+st-rs: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 281d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Celyne moves until she is right under Zokon so when he realizes he needs healing and comes down, she'll be right there...

She sends Luna after the other bandits... hoping to scare them off completely ... or bring them down, whichever she can do. But mostly to make sure they don't come back.

handle animal: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 4 = 17 (not sure if that's enough or not)

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
Celyne wrote:
handle animal: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 4 = 17 (not sure if that's enough or not)

If you are just telling her to attack, that would be fine. You can always give her the 'down' or 'heel' command later to get her to stop.

Numalar looks at Scarlet atop the cliff. Those two can probably handle that Dovan.

"Sir Didymus!" Numalar points at the fleeing men. "They're getting away!"

Sir Didymus bounds towards the fleeing figures, running past the firepit. Numalar then hurls another blast of flame at the fleeing figures.

Single 40' move then another shot with produce flame. Aimed at Valkeri.

Produce Flame vs Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Woot!


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Posh tries to move up, but everyone is too far away for him to be of any use

only 20ft movement and double-moving


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Valkeri falls to the earth smoldering. The rest of the bandits redouble their pace splitting up so as not to provide too big a target.

Nice shot! Just remember though that there is cover, and (now) lack of sight lines to targets the next slide over.

One more of Zokon's arrows finds it's mark in Dovan's calf.

At this point if Numalar, Didymus, and Luna (the attack command, a trick she knows, usually only takes a DC 10 handle check to use) continue the chase, you can probably catch up to one or two more before the rest go to ground in the tangle of rocks and hills. If Luna runs to catch up she ends up on the first slide behind the bandits at the end of her turn.

Maps updated. The first slide has our running bandits on it. Slide two is their camp (where most of you are). As they are running there is now a 100 foot gap between the two maps along the noted edge to simulate the distance without the need for a third slide. The narrow confines give people cover between the two maps.

Conditions The sun is up now so normal light conditions are in effect. Of the bandits only Dovan and Valkeri are currently in their armor.

Round 2
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Dovan -25 hp
__ Zokon -18 hp, 2 bleed
__ Poshment
__ Numalar (Sir Didymus)
__ Celyne (Luna)
__ Fat Norry
__ Dirty Jeb
__ Planchet
__ Scarlet -5 hp
__ Alia


"Grrr."

Dovan looks desperate--like a hunted animal.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Gonna make this quick."

Cold Iron Masterwork Longsword, Bloodrage, TWF: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 - 2 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 + 2 = 12
Fire Strike: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Masterwork Shortsword, Bloodrage, TWF: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 - 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
Fire Strike: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Scarlet's swords burst into flame as she swings for Dovan. This guy is gonna make a mess if he escapes!


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Poshment Underhill wrote:

Posh tries to move up, but everyone is too far away for him to be of any use

only 20ft movement and double-moving

There's running, inspiring, searching, talking, climbing, and a fair number of other things to do. To misquote John Clease from Fierce Creatures: Being a [hero] is more than just running about hitting people in the head with big dicks--sticks! I mean 'sticks'!


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

No ruling on wether arcane bond refreshes automatic or only after spell prep? If I am expeditious retreating advancing, I will follow them. If not, there's little use without horses and I would rather let our Ranger track them, later.


hp 21/21 AC 19, 16, 14 saves F 4, R 7, W 3, bab 2, init +3, spd 40, cmb 4, cmd 17 tiger
skills:
acro 8, climb 1, perc 6, stealth 7/11, swim 1

A double move puts Luna squarely in the middle of all the fleeing bandits, but unable to attack quite yet... she growls low in her throat, her eyes half lidded and her ears back...she snarls as if about to attack...


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Alia of the Blade wrote:
No ruling on wether arcane bond refreshes automatic or only after spell prep? If I am expeditious retreating advancing, I will follow them. If not, there's little use without horses and I would rather let our Ranger track them, later.

I'm ruling it this way. The two sources I'm using are the wording for arcane bond, and spell preparation.

PSRD wrote:

Arcane Bond

A bonded object can be used once per day to cast any one spell that the wizard has in his spellbook and is capable of casting, even if the spell is not prepared. This spell is treated like any other spell cast by the wizard, including casting time, duration, and other effects dependent on the wizard's level.

Recent Casting Limit
If a wizard has cast spells recently, the drain on his resources reduces his capacity to prepare new spells. When he prepares spells for the coming day, all the spells he has cast within the last 8 hours count against his daily limit.

With that "once per day" phrase in there, it makes sense to treat the ability like spell slot. So if you have used your arcane bond within the last 8 hours you would not have it available now. Otherwise, it automatically re-ups "once per day" after a minimum of 8 hours of rest.

Luna Tiger wrote:
A double move puts Luna squarely in the middle of all the fleeing bandits, but unable to attack quite yet... she growls low in her throat, her eyes half lidded and her ears back...she snarls as if about to attack...

Technically she's just going to attack as she doesn't know any sort of 'perform' (i.e. pretend to attack, look fierce) tricks. You would have to call her down to get her to stop.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Scarlet catches Dovan (barely) on the backswing, knocking him senseless, and bleeding to the ground.

Maps updated. The first slide has our running bandits on it. Slide two is their camp (where most of you are). As they are running there is now a 100 foot gap between the two maps along the noted edge to simulate the distance without the need for a third slide. The narrow confines give people cover between the two maps.

Conditions The sun is up now so normal light conditions are in effect. Of the bandits only Dovan and Valkeri are currently in their armor.

dice:
1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 1 = 2
1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 4 = 10
1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 2 = 2

Round 2
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Zokon -20 hp, 2 bleed
__ Poshment
__ Numalar (Sir Didymus)
__ Celyne (Luna)

__ Fat Norry
__ Dirty Jeb
__ Planchet
__ Scarlet -5 hp
__ Alia

Dovan -33 hp, down; Valkeri -11 hp, down


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Previous round action/clarification...because I needed the ruling before I could post the proper action.

With inhuman speed, Alia rushes towards where the bandits are fleeing:"You cannot run. You cannot hide. You have been judged, and were found lacking. Whoever surrenders first, willing to tell us all he knows, may survive. The others life is forfeit."


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon will move to next to Celyne

"I could do with that offered help please."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Zokon Santyev wrote:

Zokon will move to next to Celyne

"I could do with that offered help please."

Climb checks (DC 15). You're 20 feet up.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Bah. I need to work on my swings." Scarlet spits. "Zokon, you're in good hands. I gotta cut them off so they don't escape."


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Zokon makes his way down the rocks and scree and lands like a gazelĺe next to Celyne.

5,351 to 5,400 of 12,432 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.