Legacy of Fire: Under Blazing Sun (Inactive)

Game Master inxpitter

Roll20 Map


551 to 592 of 592 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

"Ahem. You forrrget that I also blasted it with my firrre magic. Left a huge gaping hole in his thrrroat," Josria added.

"My magic missiles seem to be immune to theirrrr misforrrrtune aurrrras, so that's helpful."

Upon hearing of Arian's description of the event, she raised an eyebrow.

"You humans, I feel sorrrry forrrr you, since you don't have furrr to give you some modesty, especially at times like that. A shame, naturrre forrrget about you."

The catfolk sorceress snickered a bit at her own humor.

BOO! I did a bad joke!


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Wellll... she still had her undergarments. So it wasn't totally embarrassing. But I think she had more on display than she ever intended in an adventuring context. The melons were mostly unadorned at the market," says Arian with a chuckle, wrapping one arm under her chest for emphasis. "Upon reflection, I'm not sure which of us got the worse end of the bad luck."

"Glad to hear about your sorcery being effective, though. I hear fire bolts are equally effective against gnolls and undead things and whatnot so that's a good all-around solution to have."

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Which room are we now exactly. Can one discern its use?


Faffnyr wrote:
Which room are we now exactly. Can one discern its use?

I have put Mahk in room A13, at the door to A15. As far as I can tell that is where we are. I have also asked the DM to remove the old tokens, and add you and Arian. I don't remember exactly what was here, but it should be described earlier in the thread.


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

The Magi listens as the others make small talk, as they continue to explore...

Perhaps, we will not encounter anything, because of how quiet we are!, the swordsman quietly mutters.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian raises an eyebrow and replies, "I was under the impression that you'd already secured this area?"


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan arches a black, well manicured eyebrow.

Perhaps, we are the only ones with modes of movement?


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"So you're not sure? Good to know. Are we ready to head deeper in?"


December 26th Update

Faffnyr notices all the murals and statues that the party had noticed before. Please make a knowledge religion check. I'll post what you figure out.

Mahk checks the door closely for traps, but all he finds ar ethe signs of years gone by and the weathering of time. Finding none, he slowly opens the door.

Five austere beds line the north wall of this gumble office and living quarters. A dented metal chest rest at the foot of each bed, and a simple mosaic pattern of red and orange gass chips brings some color to the wall. A layer of grim and filth coats many of the surfaces in the small room, and the redolent stnech of dirty fur hangs heavy in the air.

The smell's source is immediately noticed.

Four baboons, fur matted in all sorts of nastiness stop their activity and swing their heads over to your direction. They don't move.

All right, that should be everything needed for an update. Hopefully the next one won't take so long.

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Focusing for a moment and using an orison as help with the concentration takes in the painted scenes. Is take 10 or 20 allowed here? If not...
KnowReligion: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10


Wild empathy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

As he sees the baboons, Mahk lowers his weapon. Speaking quickly to his mates, "back up slowly, out of sight" and then he speaks towards the monkeys in a low soothing voice, trying to keep the animals calm. He hopes to just close the door and leave them to their own devices without having to resort to combat.


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan will shut the door, as soon as, Mahk gives the word...


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria hisses at the baboons.

"Filthy crrreaturrres. Can you get them to leave Mahk? We have to get rrrrid of them in orrrderrr for the rrrrest of the carrrravan to move into herrrre?"

She glances around, wondering why the baboons would be here what with the pugwampis living here as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Also, this knowledge (religion) roll is to help Faffnyr out.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian retreats quietly, keeping her polearm handy and giving Josria cover.


December 26th Update

Faffnyr doesn't have enough time to take in the murals and all there significance. Perhaps when the area is secure and she can spend a few hours looking over them.

Mahk gives the warning and, without entering, everyone slowly backs off. It seems with every larger than minimal movement, the baboons seem likely to attack, but Mahk closes the door without incident.

They don't seem to follow you.


Closing the doors, and making sure that the baboons do not follow, Mahk says to the group, "we can come back later and try and convince them to just leave, but for now, I think we should just move on."

Assuming no resistance to the "plan".

Mahk moves towards the next door(A14), "Arian would you like to do the honors on this one?"

iff she says no: Perception (traps): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian nods and quietly moves up to inspect the door. She kneels down, peering at the lintel, looking at how light passes through the seams, and following the grain of the wood to check for areas that may have been cut and replaced.

Perception (search for traps): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Thinking for a moment Faffnyr speaks up."Well they are apes. All we need is .. bananas!"


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan continues to place his Dancing Lights ahead of the group.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria nodded at Mahk's suggestion.

"That would be the best solution," Josria replied.

She used a light spell on the head of her staff.


December 26th Update

Mahk and Arian carefully search the door, but it seems that the peaceful monks of this dilapidated temple did not set traps in the doors. But there could always be an annoying pugwumpi who figured out how to tie a spike to a string.

With that out of the way, the front runners open the door.

A sagging wooden balcony overlooks this large room, which must once have been the monastery's library. An overpowering odor of musty, rotting paper and old leather fills the air here, and hundreds of books - most too damaged even to open without destroying them - litter the floors. Empty bookshelves line the walls of both levels.

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Looking around Faffnyr lets his hand touch the bookshelves in sorrow.What kind of wisdom was lost here.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Josria looked around studying the scrolls and books, seeing if any are salvageable as well if any contain spells in them.

She uses a detect magic spell as well. Josria has a deep love of books so if there are any still readable books and scrolls she'll snatch them up and start reading them. Also I goofed and put in a spellcraft check by mistake. My bad.


December 26th Update

Faffnyr and Josria look over the shelves, but to them it seems that nothing salvageable can be found.

Moving on? If so, you can explore the very unstable balcony or the door you couldn't move earlier.

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Pointing to the door Faffnyr seems peaceful at this place."We have to clean it! This was a holy place and the gods smile to their faithful!"


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

"I don't see any harrrrm in cleaning the librrrrarrry up. Besides, we might be able to find something we overlook. Which means Mahk and Arian, if you both will help us out here, please?"

Forgot to mention that Josria does not like messy libraries! It was something that was beat into her by her former master, so it kind of stuck to her.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Yeah not sure what else to roll. She's mainly looking for trinkets or if she missed anything during her first search. Which brings up the question: are players allowed multiple perception rolls?


"Josira, perhaps we can do this later after we clear out this place. I know that love libraries and books, but we can not spend time till the temple is cleared."

Is there a door at A18a that we could not open? or is there some other door?

"Lets go back to the chapel area, and figure out what is above it, where the pugwampi were" Assuming no negative responses, Mahk heads off to the chapel(A2).


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian says quietly, "Mahk is right, we can't risk having enemies nearby while getting lost in the books. This library won't go anywhere, we can come back once we're done making sure this whole area is completely secured."

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Nodding to Mahks words. "I would really like to clean the stain of those from those holy grounds!"


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

"Okay...."

Josria sighed as she looked at some of the books, only to growl in frustration as one of them was reduced to pieces at the slightest touch.

"Just let me look around here one more time. To make sure we didn't miss anything. Some books and scrolls can withstand the passage of time, so you would think that the monks would have tried to preserve some of these books. I know I would."

GM please use the second perception roll. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr means the Temple


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

While I can appreciate Josria's affinity for ancient texts, I agree that clearing out any potential threats would be prudent.

The Magi waves his hands in the air, producing a set of dancing lights.

Lead on Mahk.


December 26th Update

Yes Mahk, there is still the stuck door in 18a

The team leaves the library, but Josria does spot one tome that seems to be in decent enough condition. She snatches it up, albeit delicately, and blows the dust off. The title is called Courts of Stone and Flame.

The group makes its way back to the Chapel area, the pugwumpi corpses where you left them. There is an old ladder attached to the wall leading up to the upper works area.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

"Verrrry well then. I'm quite cerrrrtain that we'll find some nice things in herrrre."

As they're leaving the library, a worn, but still decently preserved, tome catches the catfolk's eyes.

"Hm...What is this?"

Blowing the dust off causes her to cough a bit, but she reads the title out loud, "Courrrrts of Stone and Flame..."

She follows along with the others, while putting the book away in her backpack for later.

"I'm not sure if the upper area will hold our weights. Best we cautious. Unless, one has a grappling hook and some rope handy..."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian purses her lips and says, "I have a rope, but no grapple. Anyone a good climber?"


Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Mahk checks out the ladder for signs of weakness or wear, and finding none he shoulders his bow and starts climbing. "Lets take a look."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian rummages through her pack and finds the rope, then says to Mahk, "Hang on, you want me to tie this to your belt or what? I can just toss one end up to you when you get up above, if you prefer."


"No thanks. No need to tie the rope to me. I would rather have free movement. But you could follow me up as soon as I reach the top."


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan looks at the climb. He sighs....

As Mahk begins to climb, the Magi directs his Dancing Lights where the ranger instructs.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian nods and stows her rope, then lashes her pole arm across her back and prepares to climb up after Makh.


Seeing nothing of interest, Mahk climbs back down the ladder and turns to the group, "I am heading back to the camp, and will be returning to my village on the morrow." With that said, Mahk gathers up his gear and heads back to the campsite, informing the princess of his decision.


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan nods, following the ranger.

Alas i am not cut from yhis cloth. Garewell.

551 to 592 of 592 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy of Fire: Under Blazing Sun Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.