Kyten's 8-06 Reaping What We Sow (Classic) Harvest Fun Mystery (Inactive)

Game Master Incendiaeternus

8-06 Reaping What We Sow (Classic) for PFS

GM Notes:

Initiative
[dice=Koani]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Blarg]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Donna Pude]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Ashwell]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Hrarsk Hghaftig]1d20+7[/dice
[dice=Jeydahvu]1d20+0[/dice
[dice=Merrill Alfasier]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Oops Singebottom]1d20+2[/dice

Perception
[dice=Koani]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Blarg]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Donna Pude]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Ashwell]1d20+7[/dice
[dice=Hrarsk Hghaftig]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Jeydahvu]1d20+9[/dice
[dice=Merrill Alfasier]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Oops Singebottom]1d20+3[/dice


201 to 241 of 241 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

PFS #222040-2 Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 HP 27/27 | AC 17/11/16 | Fort 3 Ref 2 Will 3 | Init +7 | Perc +4 | CMB +4 CMD 15 | falchion +5 2d4+3 PA +4 2d4+6 | Javelin +3 1d6+2 | Channel 2d6 5/5 DC 16 | Spells L1 5/6

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 = 7

Hrarsk walks closer, takes out his falchion, and uses it to attack the last remaining skeleton.

The Concordance

Active Buffs:
Long Arm, Mirror Image (3), Shield, Protection from Evil, Antitoxin
Male N Oread Bloodrager 6 - Init +0, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +12, AC 23/ touch 10/ ff 23; hp 70/70, F+12, R+4, W+8 Speed 30 ft.

Hopefully Hrarsk did it; if not Jeydahvu will draw greatsword while charging to finish it!

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

Multiple hits have finished off the last skeleton.

Among the Ruins:

bottled scream (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 227), a wand of burning hands (CL 5th) with 6 charges remaining, and a potion of fly.

Know Religion DC 10:

The Haunt is not 'killed' it's only temporary banished.

Know Religion DC 15:

Not normally a knowledge check, but you figure that since the haunt was centered on the bones themselves and the nature of Gyonnan's followers this may have something to do with not being buried on sacred ground of any sort.

The Concordance

Elf Druid 4 (dinosaur druid)| HP 24/24 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | F+5 R+6 W+8(+10 ench,+12 fey and plants) | Perc +11 | Init +4

Koani looks around for any sort of altar or other holy objects to Gyronna to destroy or deface.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

The area just a bit away is there (red star on map), and most of it has aged over the years and easily crumbles with minimum amount of force applied.

The Concordance

Elf Druid 4 (dinosaur druid)| HP 24/24 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | F+5 R+6 W+8(+10 ench,+12 fey and plants) | Perc +11 | Init +4

Koani whispers a prayer to Erastil and then begins taking apart and breaking the altar.


HP 36/36 | AC 19, T 15, FF 15 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +2 | Perc +6 | Init +4

When she is done, at Koani's encouragement, Blarg defaces the crumbled ruins by using them like a latrine.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Figher 2h (1) | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

"Fun" Donna grunts, as she starts to clean her weapon. "Whats next?

Silver Crusade

PFS #222040-2 Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 HP 27/27 | AC 17/11/16 | Fort 3 Ref 2 Will 3 | Init +7 | Perc +4 | CMB +4 CMD 15 | falchion +5 2d4+3 PA +4 2d4+6 | Javelin +3 1d6+2 | Channel 2d6 5/5 DC 16 | Spells L1 5/6

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Hrarsk limps over to examine the dead skeletons. "We didn't kill that haunt. We only banished it temporarily. Maybe it acted up because it wasn't buried on holy ground."

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ash identifies the magical items discussed in DM’s Among The Ruins spoiler. ”Everyone take what you can use. These things should help our mission.”

The Exchange

Male HP:13/13, AC:14, T:13, FF:12 CMD: 10, CMB: -2, Fort:+1, Ref:+2, Will:+3, Init: +2, Perception: +3, NG Gnome Tattooed Sorcerer lvl 2 Burning Hands(DC:16) (4d4+4, x2) 15ft.
Jinx:
Famiiar: Raven HP:3 AC:14/14/12, F: +1, R:+4, W:+2 Speed: 10ft/,40ft avg Per:+6, Melee: +4(1d3-4,x2)

Well we've been attacked by plants and now undead...this is really getting weird. You mean this will happen again? If we cant stop it from happening, we better move on before it comes back.

The Concordance

Elf Druid 4 (dinosaur druid)| HP 24/24 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | F+5 R+6 W+8(+10 ench,+12 fey and plants) | Perc +11 | Init +4

After Koani is done with the altar, she thinks about what she knows about Gyrona and haunts and nature to see if there is anything else that should be done to keep the problems from recurring.

kn. nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Silver Crusade

PFS #222040-2 Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 HP 27/27 | AC 17/11/16 | Fort 3 Ref 2 Will 3 | Init +7 | Perc +4 | CMB +4 CMD 15 | falchion +5 2d4+3 PA +4 2d4+6 | Javelin +3 1d6+2 | Channel 2d6 5/5 DC 16 | Spells L1 5/6

"Maybe they need a proper burial," Hrarsk suggests.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard | Init +8; Perc +5 | AC 15; touch 12; FF 13 | HP 9/9; F +1; R +4; W +3 | Bardic Performance 5/13 | Rapier +0 (1d6 P, 18-20/x2); Shortbow +2 (1d6 P, 20/x3) | Spells L1 1/2
Skills:
Acro +5; Bluff +7; Diplo +7; Know (History) +7; Know (Local) +7; Perf (Comedy) +7; Sleight +5; Spellcraft +6; Use Magic Device +7

"Or perhaps our little friend's gift could be of use. Who has possession of the glowing gourd."

Grand Lodge

Female Human Figher 2h (1) | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.
Ashwell wrote:
Ash identifies the magical items discussed in DM’s Among The Ruins spoiler. ”Everyone take what you can use. These things should help our mission.”

"I don't need, nor do I want to use, anything there." Donna finishing cleaning her blade and sheathes it, ready for action.

"What's next?"

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

Waves still here, just waiting on what people are doing. Using the Gourd? Something else?

Grand Lodge

Female Human Figher 2h (1) | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.
GM Phoenix Kyten wrote:
Waves still here, just waiting on what people are doing. Using the Gourd? Something else?

Donna doesn't know what to do next, and is waiting for someone else to take the lead.

Silver Crusade

PFS #222040-2 Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 HP 27/27 | AC 17/11/16 | Fort 3 Ref 2 Will 3 | Init +7 | Perc +4 | CMB +4 CMD 15 | falchion +5 2d4+3 PA +4 2d4+6 | Javelin +3 1d6+2 | Channel 2d6 5/5 DC 16 | Spells L1 5/6

Is there any way to quickly dig a grave in sacred ground?

The Concordance

Elf Druid 4 (dinosaur druid)| HP 24/24 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | F+5 R+6 W+8(+10 ench,+12 fey and plants) | Perc +11 | Init +4

Koani is waiting for any knowledge checks to be passed as to what we need to do to keep things from recurring.

Silver Crusade

PFS #222040-2 Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 HP 27/27 | AC 17/11/16 | Fort 3 Ref 2 Will 3 | Init +7 | Perc +4 | CMB +4 CMD 15 | falchion +5 2d4+3 PA +4 2d4+6 | Javelin +3 1d6+2 | Channel 2d6 5/5 DC 16 | Spells L1 5/6

Hrarsk passed the checks and revealed what he knows.

The Concordance

Active Buffs:
Long Arm, Mirror Image (3), Shield, Protection from Evil, Antitoxin
Male N Oread Bloodrager 6 - Init +0, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +12, AC 23/ touch 10/ ff 23; hp 70/70, F+12, R+4, W+8 Speed 30 ft.

Jeydahvu nods and starts shoveling with his bare rocky hands. "Here is good yes?" he asks Hrask.

The Concordance

Elf Druid 4 (dinosaur druid)| HP 24/24 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | F+5 R+6 W+8(+10 ench,+12 fey and plants) | Perc +11 | Init +4

Koani takes out the gourd that the little leshy handed her. "This will consecrate the ground if we smash it. Does anyone see a good spot right around here to smash the gourd and then bury the skeletons?"

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

You can easily make a spot out of the area around the house, consecrate it and bury the skeletons. It takes you some time, but nothing interrupts you.

Eventually you all make it back to town, the next morning, as you show up and let people know what happened -- the festival continues on in a cheerful mood. Bertinard has survived the attack on him last night and eventually leads the town in prayer. This notably thanks Shelyn greatly for leading you fine folk to Rosehaven in their hour of need.

He also presents the group with a gift, it is the latern he once used to uncover the Gyronnan's plot. (It's a Lantern of Auras ACG pg 232). As he does this he retails the story of what happened so long ago.

About three decades ago, a small coven dedicated to the vengeful goddess Gyronna slipped into Rosehaven, spreading paranoia and mistrust. Through careful whispers, planted evidence, and even strategically timed murders, the coven dissolved the village’s sense of community. Accusations of murder and treason ran rampant among the villagers, and suspicions flared into violent confrontations. The villagers were on a path to tear themselves and their settlement apart when the local priest and folk hero Bertinard Dupin interceded (though he won't call himself a hero, the people do). He bore a lantern that cast the light of revelation upon all before him, dispelling the coven’s disguises and rallying the villagers to subdue and execute the villainous trio. The accursed blood soaked into the village square, the bodies of the coven’s members were burned, and the aggrieved turned to one another and forgave each other for their crimes, burying the hatchet on the recent, terrible events.

To commemorate the anniversary of the village’s triumph over evil, Rosehaven celebrates a 3-day festival each autumn in which villagers hollow gourds, carve them with fanciful and even frightful designs, and then place lit candles within to ward off evil. On the last day, everyone gathers and ritually forgives each other for the past year’s affronts. These acts all honor their patron goddess Shelyn, who delights in the artistic expression and acts of forgiveness.

The villagers make accessories out of feathers, both colorful feathers that they have collected and chicken feathers that they dye in bright colors. Once the accessories are complete, they spend several hours performing music and dancing.

In the evening, several villagers come and apologize for suspecting them at all duing these troubled times.

If there is anyone you'd like to talk to here, or do at the festival you might want to.

The Concordance

Elf Druid 4 (dinosaur druid)| HP 24/24 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | F+5 R+6 W+8(+10 ench,+12 fey and plants) | Perc +11 | Init +4

Koani asks one or two villagers who are already talking to her if they can help her find Armeline.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

They can easily direct you to Armeline, and she actually calmly approaches.

"I'm sorry for being one of the ones that thought you were behind the issue with Elm, after last time...and being around here. After all the letters went unanswered, having to escape from the prison. I'm not sure how it worked, I managed to disguise myself with just enough time to make it past before the guards started following. This... it wasn't the first time, you know with me that the Society left people behind. They just don't normally send people out with what you need to handle situations, the literature is full of those cases."

Feel free to talk with Armeline...diplomacy rolls would be useful.

The Concordance

Elf Druid 4 (dinosaur druid)| HP 24/24 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | F+5 R+6 W+8(+10 ench,+12 fey and plants) | Perc +11 | Init +4

"We were told the story of how the society was unable to help you when you needed us. We bear the apologies of the society and of Venture-Captain Eliza Petulengro in particular. We come to this festival of forgiveness, hoping for your forgiveness."

diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Silver Crusade

PFS #222040-2 Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 HP 27/27 | AC 17/11/16 | Fort 3 Ref 2 Will 3 | Init +7 | Perc +4 | CMB +4 CMD 15 | falchion +5 2d4+3 PA +4 2d4+6 | Javelin +3 1d6+2 | Channel 2d6 5/5 DC 16 | Spells L1 5/6

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

"The Venture-Captain is very sorry for having been unable to respond to your call for help, but we hope that you would be willing to give your pardon and work with the Pathfinder Society in the future," Hrarsk adds.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard | Init +8; Perc +5 | AC 15; touch 12; FF 13 | HP 9/9; F +1; R +4; W +3 | Bardic Performance 5/13 | Rapier +0 (1d6 P, 18-20/x2); Shortbow +2 (1d6 P, 20/x3) | Spells L1 1/2
Skills:
Acro +5; Bluff +7; Diplo +7; Know (History) +7; Know (Local) +7; Perf (Comedy) +7; Sleight +5; Spellcraft +6; Use Magic Device +7

"Greetings, my dear Armeline! I echo the words of my heroic comrades. The society seeks forgiveness from previous misunderstanding and hope that you would join us once again on our future endeavors."

Diplomacy, Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The Exchange

Male HP:13/13, AC:14, T:13, FF:12 CMD: 10, CMB: -2, Fort:+1, Ref:+2, Will:+3, Init: +2, Perception: +3, NG Gnome Tattooed Sorcerer lvl 2 Burning Hands(DC:16) (4d4+4, x2) 15ft.
Jinx:
Famiiar: Raven HP:3 AC:14/14/12, F: +1, R:+4, W:+2 Speed: 10ft/,40ft avg Per:+6, Melee: +4(1d3-4,x2)

I am Ogdin P Singebottom, based off the things i've seen since being here, I can only imagine what you might've seen and or encountered. I can assure you that the pathfinder society is deeply saddened and more importantly sorry for seemingly abandoning you and I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive us. You need not answer right away if you'll consider working with us again, when you think you are ready you can send us a letter stating your feelings and decision. Thank you for your hospitality and I do hope you know how sincere we all are.
Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Grand Lodge

Female Human Figher 2h (1) | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Donna stays out of the celebration, or much of it as she can. She keeps an eye on things as they happen, to make sure nothing more happens against the group here. Imbibing, but not to excess, she wishes to keep her faculties about her should trouble arise.

All that being said, however, when it comes to the group meeting with Armeline, all Donna cares to do is grunt her acknowledgement at her, but otherwise stays out of the conversation.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ashwell also remained quiet. His surly nature was not a gift to be used here, so he waited for a response. If it seems as more pandering would help, he would give it a try then.

16 posts while I was at work today! Very impressive...

The Concordance

Elf Druid 4 (dinosaur druid)| HP 24/24 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | F+5 R+6 W+8(+10 ench,+12 fey and plants) | Perc +11 | Init +4

After the conversation with Armeline is done, Koani will introduce their little leshy friend to the priest, making sure he knows the important role the little leshy played. She will also make sure the leshy has whatever he needs. "Thank you, little friend, for your assistance. Please be happy and well wherever you go, blessed by Erastil, Shellyn, and Gozreh."

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

Armeline looks thoughtful and then nods. "I'll at least write her, and see about going down to talk, I should be able to have something together by the time you leave."

Feather Seed and Betrand seem to be starting a good but interesting friendship though with the issue of not having a shared language. Koani is able to set up at least some rudimentary understanding between them till they can learn a bit better.

~~

Fast-forward one boat ride back that takes less time (down-river). Back at Woodsedge Lodge, Venture-Captain Petulengro bows to the former contact, offers a sincere apology, and asks her to stay at the lodge for a few days, as they have much to discuss.

She also asks for your reports as well on what all happened.

The Concordance

Elf Druid 4 (dinosaur druid)| HP 24/24 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | F+5 R+6 W+8(+10 ench,+12 fey and plants) | Perc +11 | Init +4

Koani gives a detailed report of the festival, Elm's murder and house, the attack at Bertrand's house, the cute little leshy, the fight with the skeletons, and laying the haunt to rest. If her narrative is perhaps a little heavy on how cute the leshy was and how brave and heroic Blarg was, that's only to be expected.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ash’s notes were more mechanical, divvied by subject, the better to be filed into the vast Society archives. It was important for him to list his achievements to curry favors with Zarta. He was only too quick to rush to file them in his comfortable library once he was dismissed by the superiors.

The Exchange

Male HP:13/13, AC:14, T:13, FF:12 CMD: 10, CMB: -2, Fort:+1, Ref:+2, Will:+3, Init: +2, Perception: +3, NG Gnome Tattooed Sorcerer lvl 2 Burning Hands(DC:16) (4d4+4, x2) 15ft.
Jinx:
Famiiar: Raven HP:3 AC:14/14/12, F: +1, R:+4, W:+2 Speed: 10ft/,40ft avg Per:+6, Melee: +4(1d3-4,x2)

Before leaving Oops will say goodbye to the Leshy and how awesome he thought it was to travel and have him ride on his shoulder, and tells him to be careful out there., and gives it a big hug. Being Oops first report and first mission, his notes are unorganized but hit the main points. Oops focuses on the martial prowess of Jehdavu and Donna against the pumpkins and the skeletons, the outgoingness of ashwell and merill, when they met the townsfolk, the leadership and fearlessness of Hrask and the dedication and playfulness of Koani and blarg involving the altar they discovered. Oops mentions the leshy extensively and how he wishes he could've kept him. All in all Oops states he loved the companionship he experienced in his first mission and how he hopes to take bits from all his companions and apply them to his future missions.

The Concordance

Active Buffs:
Long Arm, Mirror Image (3), Shield, Protection from Evil, Antitoxin
Male N Oread Bloodrager 6 - Init +0, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +12, AC 23/ touch 10/ ff 23; hp 70/70, F+12, R+4, W+8 Speed 30 ft.

Jeydahvu's report reads like bullet points. Very summarized and mechanical in nature. He lists every event in chronological order and in the most concise form possible. Interestingly he also translates every line of his report in Terran...

Silver Crusade

PFS #222040-2 Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 HP 27/27 | AC 17/11/16 | Fort 3 Ref 2 Will 3 | Init +7 | Perc +4 | CMB +4 CMD 15 | falchion +5 2d4+3 PA +4 2d4+6 | Javelin +3 1d6+2 | Channel 2d6 5/5 DC 16 | Spells L1 5/6

Hrarsk tells the Venture-Captain about what happened. He focuses mostly on the festival, detailing the carving of each pumpkin, and glosses over the combats with a few words until describing the burial of the bones in Gyonnan's temple.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Figher 2h (1) | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Reports? Donna's is probably the shortest out of the bunch. It basically goes as follows ---->Took a boat ride, smashed some stuff. Blood was spilled, guts were eviscerated. Had fun at a party.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard | Init +8; Perc +5 | AC 15; touch 12; FF 13 | HP 9/9; F +1; R +4; W +3 | Bardic Performance 5/13 | Rapier +0 (1d6 P, 18-20/x2); Shortbow +2 (1d6 P, 20/x3) | Spells L1 1/2
Skills:
Acro +5; Bluff +7; Diplo +7; Know (History) +7; Know (Local) +7; Perf (Comedy) +7; Sleight +5; Spellcraft +6; Use Magic Device +7

Merrill also reports on the gourd carving activity, Elm's murder, the attack on the priest's home, the meeting with the leshy, the shrine of Gyronna and the animated skeletons and their proper burial.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Fangwood Keep Maps

Venture-Captain Petulengro, "I'm quite surprised at how dangerous such a simple mission became. It is very rare that I see agents stand up to such odds and make the best of the situation, I'm proud of you all and my report back to the Grand Lodge will reflect that."

~~

Congrats! You all survived Reaping What We Sow!

201 to 241 of 241 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kyten's 8-06 Reap What We Sow (Classic) Table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.