GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Initiative Rolls:

[dice=Eliastra]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Thorny]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Valena]1d20+5[/dice]

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Eliastra]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Thorny]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Valena]1d20+5[/dice]

MAP OF BELHAIM
LAIR OF THE BLOOD VOW KOBOLDS


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,430 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 2 LG [ HP: 16 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +0 | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 2, Climb 2, Survival 2, Swim 2

"'It is prohibited to make the object of attack or neglect an opponent who has capitulated in good faith,'" Thorny utters by rote. "Unless they give us a reason to believe their surrender was disingenuous, this skirmish has reached its end." Thorny looks at each of the kobolds "I... do not like it but we have little choice." Thorny strides over to the bound prisoners. "I will lock them in the cells we passed." He takes them back to the cells, checks the rope knots one last time, then locks them in before returning to his group to descend another level.

Did we have a key to the cell? If not, Thorny searches all the kobolds, alive and dead.


Eliastra Greenbow wrote:
"We have accepted their surrender. I will not go back on my word, as that would make me little better than they are. We will, of course, remove their weapons, and they will, of course, not try to escape and attack us or surely they will die, as they have seen our abilities so far. I think they will not attack us again... right?" She directs that last word at the kobolds.

They vigorously shake their heads no. "Unh-uh!"

Wilham "Thorny" Thornbriar wrote:

"'It is prohibited to make the object of attack or neglect an opponent who has capitulated in good faith,'" Thorny utters by rote. "Unless they give us a reason to believe their surrender was disingenuous, this skirmish has reached its end." Thorny looks at each of the kobolds "I... do not like it but we have little choice." Thorny strides over to the bound prisoners. "I will lock them in the cells we passed." He takes them back to the cells, checks the rope knots one last time, then locks them in before returning to his group to descend another level.

Did we have a key to the cell? If not, Thorny searches all the kobolds, alive and dead.

The kobolds just tied shut the wooden doors of their cells. You recall that when you found Nighttail, she was bound to a rock.


Female Human Oracle 2 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 14/15 Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +5

"This way." she points to cells and ushers the koblods into them. "Let's tie the doors closed."

"Is anyone injured? We don't want to fight the chief and a shaman while hurt."


STATUS
Eliastra (16/17 hp)
Valena (14/15 hp)(-2 nonlethal)
Thorny
Liam (-1 nonlethal)
Nightscale (-1 nonlethal)

You, Valena, are probably the worst hurt.


Female Human Oracle 2 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 14/15 Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +5

I think everyone is all right for the next area. I'd like to conserve healing.

She gives everyone a good look over, and decides that everyone looks well enough to continue on.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 2 LG [ HP: 16 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +0 | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 2, Climb 2, Survival 2, Swim 2

Thorny hoists his shield and grips his sword. "Onward." He leads the party back to the room and prepares the rope for a descent. He looks for a reason not to immediately climb down first.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18


The team follows Thorny down, except Hak, who can't descend the rope. You find yourself in an empty cave, dark except for the lights you have brought. The smell is earthy and wet, the ceiling low and claustrophobic.

Two tunnels lead north from the chamber.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 | HP 6/17 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +9/+11 | Active Conditions: None

Eli covers with her bow as best she can with the lighting conditions, and then once the others have all descended, she does the same.

"To the left or right? I say left."


"Kobolds not like being trapped," says Nighttail. "Both lead to shrine. Was god shrine, now dragon shrine. Fight there, probably."


. Halfling Sorcerer 1 | AC:14| T:14 |FF:11 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz) HP14 | Percep +2 | Fort+1 Ref+5 Will+3 |Init+3 .

Liam moves the dancing lights closer together, "So each side just joins up in a larger cave, then. Any escapes from there? Any large stones or things that they could hide behind? Sorry for all the questions -- but one more... Think... you know all the tribe, Nighttail, have we seen all them so far? Are more waiting in there with them?"


"Traps easy to set up, change all the time," says Nighttail. "There is more tribe. Always more with chief and shaman."


Ahem.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 | HP 6/17 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +9/+11 | Active Conditions: None

Eli starts to head to the left.


Female Human Oracle 2 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 14/15 Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +5

Val nods and heads to the left with Eli. "Let me go first. I can see in the dark. At least for a little bit." She tries to sneak, but is terrible at it.

Stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 2 LG [ HP: 16 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +0 | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 2, Climb 2, Survival 2, Swim 2

"I am torn between flanking them on two sides and not splitting the group."

Thorny follows immediately behind Val, failing just as equally as she in silence.

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 4


As the team goes left, Nighttail goes right, but all arrive at the northern cave at the same time.

The ceiling at the center of this cave is twelve feet high. A crude idol stands in the middle of the cave, decorated with grisly strips of dried viscera.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 13:
The 'god' is some sort of demon or devil.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 16:
The 'god' is a devil.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 19:
The 'god' is the Infernal Duke Vapula, who oversees the treasure house of Dis.

Standing in the midst of the chamber is a single kobold wrapped in a dirty cloak and bearing a strange staff. Standing before him are two human skeletons bearing battered swords and shields.

"Intruders! Look upon the face of your future master and destroyer! You have entered the profane halls and now you shall never leave!"

INITIATIVE ROLLS
Eliastra: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Little Liam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Thorny: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Valena: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Nighttail: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Churgri: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Skeletons: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

STATUS
Thorny
Little Liam
Eliastra
Valena
Churgri
Skeletons
Nighttail

Everyone, go!


Female Human Oracle 2 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 14/15 Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +5

Know Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"That's not a god. That's a devil." Val casts bless on the party.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 2 LG [ HP: 16 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +0 | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 2, Climb 2, Survival 2, Swim 2

Thorny surges forward past his comrades, shield up and longsword cocked. "For Belhaim!"

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 | HP 6/17 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +9/+11 | Active Conditions: None

"Can we even kill a devil?"

Eli moves in and to the side, and fires an arrow at the devil.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Eli, the "devil" is a statue. Would you like to shoot at the shaman or the skeletons?

Thorny charges forward, a huge sweep of his sword battering aside the skeleton's shield and smashing its skull. The ancient warrior collapses onto the ground, just old bones once again!


. Halfling Sorcerer 1 | AC:14| T:14 |FF:11 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz) HP14 | Percep +2 | Fort+1 Ref+5 Will+3 |Init+3 .

Liam rushes into the room after hearing the kobold, sees Thorny quickly dispatch the skeleton, and targets the kobold with acid splash
Splash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 vs Touch AC
Dam: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Maybe he can force a concentration check if it attempts to cast...
Yea... nope.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 | HP 6/17 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +9/+11 | Active Conditions: None

Doh! Totally misread that - it was the Kobold I was targetting. That will give a +2 to hit/damage for hatred of kobolds as well.


Eliastra strikes the kobold shaman with a well placed arrow in the shoulder. The little priest snarls in pain. Liam's summoned acid sizzles on the floor at his feet.

STATUS
Thorny
Little Liam
Eliastra
Valena
Churgri (5 damage)
Skeleton
Nighttail

Valena, go!


Hello? Operator!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 2 LG [ HP: 16 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +0 | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 2, Climb 2, Survival 2, Swim 2

Thorny runs an arc just outside the reach of the shaman and commands his attention by engaging him in melee.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 | HP 6/17 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +9/+11 | Active Conditions: None

Perhaps we can bot Valena to cast Bless?


Speaking of "Mexican" food, Thorny, it's nacho turn. I've put your token back.

Valena moves to the center of the group and invokes the blessing of her strange patron.

BLESS - Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

The skeleton advances on Thorny, swinging its ancient sword at him with creaky movements that Thorny easily evades.

Skeleton: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The little shaman curses in an unknown tongue and spits at Thorny, whose muscles start to seize up painfully!

Nighttail rushes forward to attack the skeleton with her spear, but the ancient dead blocks her thrust with its shield.

Nighttail and bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Thorny, give me a DC 14 Will save or be paralyzed!

Then, everyone, go!

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 | HP 6/17 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +9/+11 | Active Conditions: None

Eli fires another arrow at the kobold.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 2 LG [ HP: 16 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +0 | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 2, Climb 2, Survival 2, Swim 2

Will Save: 1d20 ⇒ 7

:(


Ooh! Thorny's muscles go rigid - he can see and hear but can't move!

Eli's arrow strikes the little shaman a solid blow, rocking him back on his heels and causing blood to cascade down his dirty robe.

STATUS
Thorny (paralyzed!)
Little Liam
Eliastra
Valena
Churgri (15 damage)
Skeleton
Nighttail

Liam, Valena, go!


. Halfling Sorcerer 1 | AC:14| T:14 |FF:11 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz) HP14 | Percep +2 | Fort+1 Ref+5 Will+3 |Init+3 .

Seeing the spell affect Thorny, Liam moves forward adjacent to Nighttail and conjures up his last lightly-bluish glowing ectroplasmic ball of the day, sending at the shaman.

Goo: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16 (vs Touch AC)
if successful, acts as Tanglefoot bag for 1d3 rounds, target is entangled, but DC15 Reflex prevents also being glued in place.
Duration: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Female Human Oracle 2 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 14/15 Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +5

Val moves up and swings at the skeleton with her mace.

Mace, Bless: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Liam's spell settles over the shaman's body, wrapping it in ropy strands of goo and inhibiting its movement. Meanwhile, Valena engages the skeleton in melee.

Reddish light emerges from the shaman's claws and a glowing dagger flies forth to stab at Valena! The oracle sees the attack at the last moment and rolls left, deflecting the dagger! The skeleton slashes at her, but the last-moment roll throws off its aim as well!

Nighttail rams her spear into the skeleton, but only scratches it.

Spiritual Weapon v. Valena: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

1d3 ⇒ 1

Skeleton v. Valena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Nighttail and bless and flank v. Skeleton: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 271d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

STATUS
Thorny (paralyzed!)
Little Liam
Eliastra
Valena
Churgri (15 damage) (engtangled)
Skeleton
Nighttail

Liam, Eliastra, Valena, go!


. Halfling Sorcerer 1 | AC:14| T:14 |FF:11 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz) HP14 | Percep +2 | Fort+1 Ref+5 Will+3 |Init+3 .

Liam steps forward another five feet for a clearer shot and casts acid splash on the shaman...

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

-4 to dex for this round only while it's entangled, affects his Touch AC. Hoping to force more concentration checks...

nope.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 | HP 6/17 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +9/+11 | Active Conditions: None

Eli continues to shoot at her kobold target.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8


Eliastra puts her arrow straight into Churgri's heart. The kobold looks down in astonishment, then crumples to the floor.

Valena, go!


Anyone, give me orders for Valena.


. Halfling Sorcerer 1 | AC:14| T:14 |FF:11 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz) HP14 | Percep +2 | Fort+1 Ref+5 Will+3 |Init+3 .

She already has Bless up, she's flanking the skeleton, kobold down...ATTACK!

Mace: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 10
Bash: 1d6 ⇒ 5


The skeleton nimbly turns aside Valena's spear thrust with its ancient and rusty shield.

The kobold shaman holds aloft the disgusting idol of his forgotten god and says "By darkling dell and rotted hame, be still and silent by command, lay down your lives at his unholy name."

Channel Negative Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Everyone, give me a DC 15 Will save or take 9 damage!


. Halfling Sorcerer 1 | AC:14| T:14 |FF:11 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz) HP14 | Percep +2 | Fort+1 Ref+5 Will+3 |Init+3 .

So Chugri the kobold is not dead with an arrow in his heart, just prone?

W Save: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20


Female Human Oracle 2 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 14/15 Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +5

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Val takes all the damage. She cries out in pain.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 2 LG [ HP: 16 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +0 | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 2, Climb 2, Survival 2, Swim 2

With a fierce cocktail of stubbornness and rage, Thorny grits his teeth through the spell as he lays helplessly, unable to move. "UUnnghh!"

Will: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 | HP 6/17 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +9/+11 | Active Conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"What profane magic is this?!?"


The profane magic of a GM's short attention span. Sorry! Yeah, he's dead, dead, dead. The channeling energy was a mistake. Just the skeleton is left.

Target: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Skeleton v. Valena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Critical hit confirmation: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Uh-oh.

Nighttail and bless and flank v. Skeleton: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

As its master falls, the skeleton lashes out with its rusted scimitar and deftly slashes Valena across the the neck. Blood wells forth as the oracle winces in terrible pain!

Nighttail attacks, but her spear merely glances off the skeleton's ribcage!

STATUS
Thorny (paralyzed!)
Little Liam
Eliastra (4/15 hp)
Valena
Skeleton
Nighttail

Everyone, go!


. Halfling Sorcerer 1 | AC:14| T:14 |FF:11 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz) HP14 | Percep +2 | Fort+1 Ref+5 Will+3 |Init+3 .

After moving to an unobstructed view, Liam reaches inside himself and casts acid splash yet again, targeting the skeleton.

Acid: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21
Bones Burn: 1d3 ⇒ 1

"Val... NO!"


The acid eats away at the skeletons' bones!

Sigh. It's Valena that's hurt, not Eliastra.

STATUS
Thorny (paralyzed!)
Little Liam
Eliastra
Valena (4/15 hp)
Skeleton (1 damage)
Nighttail

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 | HP 6/17 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +9/+11 | Active Conditions: None

"Kepp hitting it, eventually we will knock it down."

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20
Piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Eliastra's shot is well-aimed, but passes through the creature's ribcage!

Valena, Thorny, go!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 2 LG [ HP: 16 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +0 | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 2, Climb 2, Survival 2, Swim 2

I hate magic, Thorny thinks to himself. What good are hours of training, drill, and conditioning when all it takes is a squat stump of a beast to wave his hands to turn you into a helpless slab of meat.


Female Human Oracle 2 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 14/15 Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +5

Val takes a step back and casts Cure Light Wounds on herself. "I'll be all right. You all be careful."

Roll: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,430 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.