GM Lithrac's Shattered Star (Inactive)

Game Master Cyril Corbaz


751 to 800 of 1,371 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 2/Oracle (Metal Mystery) 3 [ HP 48/48 | AC 18/T12/FF16 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. transmutation spells) | Move 40' | Init +2 | Perception +8 (Darkvision)

Hralyk's AC is 16 during his rage, so the scarf actually connected.

Hralyk swings again at the wererat; as he does, however, he feels his rage beginning to flag.

Free action: Maintain rage (+4 Str/Con, AC 16, 10/26 HP, 2 rounds remaining)
Standard action: Attack Ayala
Attack (Dagger, Rage, Guidance): 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage (Dagger, Alchemical Silver, Rage): 1d4 + 4 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 1 + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

Hralyk's thrust with his silvery dagger opens a large wound in the wererat's flesh - the tide of the battle turns!

Initiative - round 6 - bold may act!
1. Ayala
2. Ramenhotep, Jordan, Telka, Hralyk, Zeltyieli


Elf [hp = 27/27; AC14/T12/ff12; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 5 (Sin Mage/sloth)

The dog is trying to aid you for +2 ac--

Grand Lodge

Zeltyieli is too far to have a meaningful impact on the fight, and chooses to bid his time, waiting not far from there.

Ayala strikes again at the hulking half-orc, but she misses!
Bladed Scarf: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Initiative - round 7 - bold may act!
1. Ayala
2. Ramenhotep, Jordan, Telka, Hralyk, Zeltyieli


Elf [hp = 27/27; AC14/T12/ff12; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 5 (Sin Mage/sloth)

aid on defense dog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) Priest of Nethys 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | SM +1 | arcane pool: 7/7

Ramenhotep squeezes back into the corner and swings his quarterstaff along the way.

quarterstaff two-handed: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7


Animal-Speaker Bard 5 | HP 49/49 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD: 16 | F+6 R+7 W+6 (+1 vs disease or poison) | Init +1 | Per +9 | Sense Motive +14 | Stealth +6
resources:
song 18/18, spells -/5/3

Telka once again tries to drag thee rate from the were from the rafters - this time the whip wraps around the creatures throat and she pulls it down!

vs. CMD: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 - Still not sure if to call this a trip or a drag. Trip is preferable, if it will result in her falling out of the rafters.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 2/Oracle (Metal Mystery) 3 [ HP 48/48 | AC 18/T12/FF16 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. transmutation spells) | Move 40' | Init +2 | Perception +8 (Darkvision)

Ah, my mistake - forgot about the dog. I always liked that dog.

Hralyk's rage continues to ebb, but he still makes an effort and slices again with his borrowed dagger.

Free action: Maintain rage (+4 Str/Con, AC 16, 16/26 HP, 1 round remaining)
Standard action: Attack Ayala
Attack (Dagger, Rage): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20
Damage (Dagger, Alchemical Silver, Rage): 1d4 + 4 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 1 + 2 = 6 (Actually 7, because alchemical silver always does 1 point, at least)

Grand Lodge

Ramenhotep swings and misses the fatigued wererat, but Hralyk doesn't miss that opportunity! He inflicts a serious wound, but the leader of the Tower Girls isn't down yet!

"Sssilver... be cursssed!"

Bladed Scarf vs Hralyk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

However, she misses again.

Initiative - round 8 - bold may act!
1. Ayala
2. Ramenhotep, Jordan, Telka, Hralyk, Zeltyieli

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) Priest of Nethys 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | SM +1 | arcane pool: 7/7

Ramenhotep grunts in frustration and swings again.

quarterstaff two-handed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grand Lodge

Ramenhotep strikes true again and knocks Ayala out with a deft swing of his arcane-enhanced quarterstaff. She lands on the stone ground with a thud, unconscious but alive.

End combat!

Searching the wererat yields many items of interest:

Spoils of War:

3 Tanglefoot bags
masterwork studded leather armor
+1 bladed scarf
masterwork composite shortbow (STR rating 1) with 17 arrows
climber's kit
grappling hook with 50-foot rope
masterwork thieves' tools
second-story harness

Heaped on a table are sections of wall mural, ancient coins, pieces of jewelry, gems, bits and pieces of pottery, and more for eventual sale in the markets of Magnimar—all treasures the Tower Girls have scavenged from the Crow. These treasures are worth 900 gp in all. In addition, several journals on the table, written in Varisian, provide details on Ayala’s history with and plans for the Tower Girls, including her increasing frustration at Natalya’s betrayal. A small chest under her bed holds 87 gp and 175 sp.

While searching the room, everyone can attempt a Perception check.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) Priest of Nethys 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | SM +1 | arcane pool: 7/7

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"Here, Zelty, this seems like something you might use." He hands over the bladed scarf.

Ramen is not interested in much else although now that we have some coin we might think about buying a wand of cure light wounds and a few other necessary consumables before we go too much further. We can talk about that in the Discussion thread though.


Animal-Speaker Bard 5 | HP 49/49 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD: 16 | F+6 R+7 W+6 (+1 vs disease or poison) | Init +1 | Per +9 | Sense Motive +14 | Stealth +6
resources:
song 18/18, spells -/5/3

Telka grunts in exhaustion.

Will the indignities of this city never end? Filth, poison, these weres

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 2/Oracle (Metal Mystery) 3 [ HP 48/48 | AC 18/T12/FF16 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. transmutation spells) | Move 40' | Init +2 | Perception +8 (Darkvision)

Hralyk's rage ends, his exhaustion plainly showing in his face and posture. "Thank the gods. I was getting worried she'd outlast me..." he says as he binds the wererat.

He pokes through the wererat's belongings, but doesn't find anything particularly interesting.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"We should check behind those doors before we leave here, and possibly question this one, though we may have to wait for a while."


Elf [hp = 27/27; AC14/T12/ff12; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 5 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan and his dog look around.
Jordan Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
dog w/o scent bonus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
"If we haven't found anything, we can always come back later. Right now I need some rest and to curl up with me good magic book."


Animal-Speaker Bard 5 | HP 49/49 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD: 16 | F+6 R+7 W+6 (+1 vs disease or poison) | Init +1 | Per +9 | Sense Motive +14 | Stealth +6
resources:
song 18/18, spells -/5/3

Telka smiles for a brief moment. "I don't think these Tower Girls come close to being able to deal with the... stamina of someone with your particular qualities.

Telka sits down against the wall of the other room. She stares at the words on the door, mulling over them for some time.

"I have no head for word games, but those words - can they not be remade to "SILENT" and "THEY SEE"" she says to nobody in particular.

She spits a mix of blood and saliva onto the stone of the room. "It sounds like something a damnable wizard would write"

That's my best guest on the anagram. It also preserves letter count in the words (not sure if that's important)


Elf [hp = 27/27; AC14/T12/ff12; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 5 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan nods and moves the letters. He had figured out the word puzzle too.


Animal-Speaker Bard 5 | HP 49/49 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD: 16 | F+6 R+7 W+6 (+1 vs disease or poison) | Init +1 | Per +9 | Sense Motive +14 | Stealth +6
resources:
song 18/18, spells -/5/3

You totally did. I missed that earlier. Convergent solutions!

Grand Lodge

As Jordan touches the runes, he feels a surge of pain from the metal, recognizing the searing properties of siccatite. Eventually, he manages to find a system to avoid touching the runes himself and avoid being burnt further. Jordan took 1 damage though.

Once SILENT and THEY SEE appear clearly in Thassionian runes on the siccatite doors, they open into stairs that go back down to the first level of the Crow.

How do you deal with Ayala? And what about the bound Tower Girls you captured earlier?


Animal-Speaker Bard 5 | HP 49/49 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD: 16 | F+6 R+7 W+6 (+1 vs disease or poison) | Init +1 | Per +9 | Sense Motive +14 | Stealth +6
resources:
song 18/18, spells -/5/3

At least three of us agreed to let the lesser Tower Girls go. Ayala I don't think we can let free. Is she a natural were, can we maybe cure her? I don't have heal, but maybe Local (humanoid info) will tell me something. We still need to ask her about the origin of the shard.

K(local), can she be cured: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Grand Lodge

Telka doesn't have the slightest idea about that! However, she can guess that since Ayala sees lycanthropy as a gift, she probably won't want to be cured.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 2/Oracle (Metal Mystery) 3 [ HP 48/48 | AC 18/T12/FF16 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. transmutation spells) | Move 40' | Init +2 | Perception +8 (Darkvision)

Seeing the stairs, Hralyk grunts. "If this is going to lead us out of here, we should go and take care of that rat, release the captives from earlier, and make sure we have all of the artifacts, rubbings, drawings, and whatever else we're trying to get here. Until then, let's lock this back up; I don't want anyone to see this that shouldn't."

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) Priest of Nethys 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | SM +1 | arcane pool: 7/7

"That sounds like a good idea," Ramenhotep says to Hralyk. "Let's hand Ayala over to the Watch. They'll know what to do with her."


Animal-Speaker Bard 5 | HP 49/49 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD: 16 | F+6 R+7 W+6 (+1 vs disease or poison) | Init +1 | Per +9 | Sense Motive +14 | Stealth +6
resources:
song 18/18, spells -/5/3

"Fine. We still need to find the next shard; she may know something."

Telka pulls out the Shard of Pride. She attempts to ignore her pain and concentrate on an image of a piece that looks like the one she wields. Will the shard help find its sister once again?

Some sort of check for that?

Grand Lodge

None needed.

Telka concentrates, and images surge again in her mind, showing the Crow in a similar manner as the first time. However, she can feel in her guts that the next shard lies below.


Animal-Speaker Bard 5 | HP 49/49 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD: 16 | F+6 R+7 W+6 (+1 vs disease or poison) | Init +1 | Per +9 | Sense Motive +14 | Stealth +6
resources:
song 18/18, spells -/5/3

"Down. We still need to go down; maybe not right now, but our goal is underneath us. Perhaps the skinwalker knows of an entrance we missed."


Elf [hp = 27/27; AC14/T12/ff12; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 5 (Sin Mage/sloth)

"We leave now."
Jordan scrambles the letters as they go.

Grand Lodge

You easily make your way back to the docks, where you let the three Tower Girls take a boat while you take your own with Ayala. Once you're back in Magnimar, you hand the wererat to the guard, which gives you a reward for her - 500 gold coins. The capture of the leader of once of the gangs plaguing Magnimar is well-appreciated, and thus well-rewarded too. However, you can't seem to get any more information from her except that Natalya found the shard in the room where Ayala had made her lair, and claimed it for herself, escaping the Tower Girls' grasp and founding her own clan out of hubris.

The various drawings and notes you've made about the bas-relief you found earlier immediately catch Venture-Captain Canayven Heidmarch's attention. You are also handsomely rewarded for your findings. He gives you another 500 gold pieces for it, and says that more gold will be there should you find more information about Thassilon. Sheila's husband is also interested in hearing about the Siccatite door and its puzzle, giving you another 500 gold coins for that discovery.

And with that, you can level up to 3rd! If you wish to sell some loot and buy some items before your next foray, please do so. There's no time limit currently (and there are few in the campaign), so investing in a crafting feat could be a worthwhile choice.


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3
Vitals:
(HP: 24/24; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +10; Init: +3; Fort +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 [+7 charm; +6 illusions]; CMD: 16; CMB +3; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli smiles, "Aye, I would. Not quite as pretty as mine, but I'll adapt."


Animal-Speaker Bard 5 | HP 49/49 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD: 16 | F+6 R+7 W+6 (+1 vs disease or poison) | Init +1 | Per +9 | Sense Motive +14 | Stealth +6
resources:
song 18/18, spells -/5/3

After several days of laying about, Telka is on the verge of fury from her boredom. The city and their obsession with sitting and reading!

She stalks around the lodge until she can find someone.

1d3 ⇒ 3

She eventually finds Zeltyieli. "Do we intend to find this shard or not? I tire of sitting about like old men and children.".


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3
Vitals:
(HP: 24/24; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +10; Init: +3; Fort +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 [+7 charm; +6 illusions]; CMD: 16; CMB +3; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli smiles, "You should come with me for the morning run. Truly glorious, and does much to give a person a sense of movement and excitement that can carry you through the slower parts of the day. "

He adds, " But if the others are done copying the wisdom to and from books, making scrolls and shopping we should definitely get back to exploring. "


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 2/Oracle (Metal Mystery) 3 [ HP 48/48 | AC 18/T12/FF16 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. transmutation spells) | Move 40' | Init +2 | Perception +8 (Darkvision)

When the others find Hralyk, he is wearing a rut in the floor of his chambers from all of his pacing. "Are we finally ready to make our way back to the Crow and finish this?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) Priest of Nethys 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | SM +1 | arcane pool: 7/7

"Old men! Pah! Was that a shot at me? I've been exploring since before you were an orc-whelp, Beast-Talker! Let's get moving before my joints seize in place! Heh!"

Grand Lodge

Once everyone is rested and refreshed, the party heads back into the Crow, passing the Siccatite doors while wondering what lies ahead. Descending the stairs, you stumble upon a green, scum-covered pool that extends across the far end of this room. Passages exit to the sides, and curving stairs rise to a balcony over the south end of the room. The floor and walls are streaked with dark smears of guano in thick layers.

Three passages allow you to exit this room: one to the west, one to the east, and one narrow passage to the southeast.


Elf [hp = 27/27; AC14/T12/ff12; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 5 (Sin Mage/sloth)

After helping the group with crafting, Jordan has secured his scrolls, keeping the protection from evil on top.

When the age discussion begins, Jordan scoffs: "They years of men pass quickly to the elder races."

As they see the guano and scum covered pool, Jordan looks around suspiciously. He sadly realizes the guano is useful for many mages, but the art of evocation is lost to him and passes up a chance for free spell components.
Knowledge most skills +8/arcana+10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Grand Lodge

Jordan:
Guano is a component for the fireball spell.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 2/Oracle (Metal Mystery) 3 [ HP 48/48 | AC 18/T12/FF16 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. transmutation spells) | Move 40' | Init +2 | Perception +8 (Darkvision)

Hralyk begins heading down the passage to the southeast, falchion held in front of him.


Animal-Speaker Bard 5 | HP 49/49 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD: 16 | F+6 R+7 W+6 (+1 vs disease or poison) | Init +1 | Per +9 | Sense Motive +14 | Stealth +6
resources:
song 18/18, spells -/5/3

"Fine. You don't wish to be counted among the walking dead? Lets finish finding this shard, Ramenhotep."

Once in the caverns, Telka unlimbers her axe and follows Hralyk, warrior. A feral smile on her lips as she is finally free of her boredom.

keen eyes see dangers! Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Grand Lodge

The narrow passageway leads into a room littered with desiccated fish carcasses and a few larger bodies, the ground being a thick, sticky sheet of webbing. A narrow tunnel exits the chamber to the north, while to the southwest, the room opens into a forty-footdiameter silo-like chamber from which the sound of sloshing water can be heard.

As you enter, you stumble upon a pair of giant water spiders feeding on a freshly killed dolphin in this room. These particular spiders are black with crimson markings on their backs. They quickly turn their mandibles at Hralyk, pleased to find another fresher meal!

Initiative rolls:
Initiative (Hralyk): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Initiative (Ramenhotep): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Initiative (Telka): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Initiative (Jordan): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Initiative (Zeltyieli): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative (giant water spiders): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Initiative - round 1 - bold may act!
1. Hralyk, Jordan, Telka, Zeltyieli, Ramenhotep
2. Giant water spiders


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3
Vitals:
(HP: 24/24; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +10; Init: +3; Fort +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 [+7 charm; +6 illusions]; CMD: 16; CMB +3; Speed: 40)

On the way over, 'tyieli would have performed the caravan bond ritual...

Zeltyieli slides the shortbow off his shoulder and steps forward, snapping off a shot before the spiders can cross the water and reach him or his companions.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 for 1d6 ⇒ 5


Animal-Speaker Bard 5 | HP 49/49 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD: 16 | F+6 R+7 W+6 (+1 vs disease or poison) | Init +1 | Per +9 | Sense Motive +14 | Stealth +6
resources:
song 18/18, spells -/5/3

Telka quickly pulls and throws a dagger at the same target as Zeltyieli before seeking cover around the corner.

vs. FF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

She then steps around the corner, not wishing to be entangled by a web (if this particular variety does web...)

K(nature )? to identify: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Elf [hp = 27/27; AC14/T12/ff12; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 5 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan moves to stay away from danger and casts a spell to make the spiders fall asleep.
He is disgusted that he has to use spell components, and the spell takes a while to take effect.

He centers the spell on the left spider and calls out.
"Start with the right spider."

Full round spell affects 4HD

Sleep Will DC 16:
School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level bard 1, sorcerer/wizard 1

Casting Time 1 round

Components V, S, M (fine sand, rose petals, or a live cricket)

Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)

Area one or more living creatures within a 10-ft.-radius burst

Duration 1 min./level

Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

A sleep spell causes a magical slumber to come upon 4 HD of creatures. Creatures with the fewest HD are affected first. Among creatures with equal HD, those who are closest to the spell's point of origin are affected first. HD that are not sufficient to affect a creature are wasted. Sleeping creatures are helpless. Slapping or wounding awakens an affected creature, but normal noise does not. Awakening a creature is a standard action (an application of the aid another action). Sleep does not target unconscious creatures, constructs, or undead creatures.

Grand Lodge

Telka:
They are giant water spiders. You recall them to be poisonous, and able to cast a web onto their prey. They obviously seem to be able to walk on water, and breathe inside it.

Both Zeltyieli and Telka's missiles find their way into the westernmost giant spider. It is badly injured, but still stands.

Jordan starts casting a complex spell, and takes his time while doing so.

Initiative - round 1 - bold may act!
1. Hralyk, Jordan, Telka, Zeltyieli, Ramenhotep
2. Giant water spiders

By the way, if anyone wants to make the attack roll for Ramenhotep, we'd be grateful.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Animal-Speaker Bard 5 | HP 49/49 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD: 16 | F+6 R+7 W+6 (+1 vs disease or poison) | Init +1 | Per +9 | Sense Motive +14 | Stealth +6
resources:
song 18/18, spells -/5/3

A subtle twang can be heard as Ramenhotep looses a crossbow bolt at the western spider (although he waits until Hralyk has stepped clear, so not to spoil the shot).

light crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

"Spiders? Spiders? In Osirion we have giant scorpions - now those are something to be scared of!"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

A worthy Ramenhotep you are, Tangaroa! Though the attack roll is almost too good to be him. ;)

The elderly man waits until his half-orc companion clears the way, then shoots and bleeds the watery spider further, leaving it on the point of collapsing!


Elf [hp = 27/27; AC14/T12/ff12; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 5 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan begins to center his spell on the hearty spider.


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3
Vitals:
(HP: 24/24; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +10; Init: +3; Fort +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 [+7 charm; +6 illusions]; CMD: 16; CMB +3; Speed: 40)

Would Jordan get a knowledge check to realize vermin are immune to mind-affecting effects before wasting his spell and action? (Unless he's got a feat or similar...)


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 2/Oracle (Metal Mystery) 3 [ HP 48/48 | AC 18/T12/FF16 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. transmutation spells) | Move 40' | Init +2 | Perception +8 (Darkvision)

Hralyk steps forward and swings his falchion at the nearest of the two spiders. Unfortunately, his foot slips on the wet stone, throwing off his balance.

Not an action: 5' step, as indicated on map
Standard action: Attack water spider
Attack (Falchion (2H), Power Attack): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 = 9
Damage (Falchion (2H), Power Attack): 2d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 + 2 = 11


Elf [hp = 27/27; AC14/T12/ff12; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 5 (Sin Mage/sloth)

In D&D spiders were always affected. Seems in pathfinder no. I was using using the most obvious level 1 as we seem to have this encounter in hand--but vermin are immune :-)

Kn:is character smarter than player: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Seems like the haughty elf will learn a valuable lesson today!
Thinking a spider is an animal-like creature, Jordan is surprised to find out differently. Jordan tries to play it off and comments on magic-resistant spiders after finding no intellect to affect.
"It is rare magic will let you down."

Grand Lodge

Sure Zel, please do. The Knowledge (nature) DC is 11.

Hralyk fumbles his attack as the spiders, slow to react at first, wade on the water to reach the hulking brute and try to gnaw at him with their mandibles. However, both of them appear to be in a lull as they are digesting their meal, and miss.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Initiative - round 2 - bold may act!
1. Hralyk, Jordan, Telka, Zeltyieli, Ramenhotep
2. Giant water spiders

751 to 800 of 1,371 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lithrac's Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.