GM.Kashka's 5-04 The Stolen Heir (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Torgerud


151 to 200 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

Lyonel stands above the trapdoor with his longbow in hand and an arrow notched, but not drawn, ready for whatever awaits them below.

"Good guys don't kidnap girls and hold them hostage," he sneers, then suggests the others "Keep sharp, and move quick once the door is opened."

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

"You men may leave after you have donated all of your valuables to the Church of the Dawnflower."

Noor expects any loot we would normally get for killing these foolz be "donated"

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Rateliff reluctantly loosens his grip on the man.

As he enters the house, he catches the end of what 'the man' was saying and Rateliff gives his friends a quizzical eye.

"I don't trust him fully, let's send him down first."


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

One potion is administered to the dying man, saving his life. The party collects 3 CLW potions, 8 tabglefoot bags, 8 thunderstones, 4 longswords, and 4 longbows with arrows.

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

"Thank you for your generous donations, gentlemen. You may leave now."

Unless otherwise stated. the melee types should each take one potion. I will grab a few thunderstones and tanglefoot bags. Since Noor can not use either weapon, she is not interested in carrying them around. To the cellar?

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

"I find this a curious situation. As you may, or may not recall, our lady appeared to be willingly studying, not forced to, per our divination report." Ale' states, then looks to the brigand who spoke, "You wouldn't happen to know what the books were about?"

Ale' picks up one of the clw potions, a thunderstone, and a tanglefoot bag and puts them in a pouch.

Looking to the speaking brigand again, "Is there a code/passphrase that was established to let those inside know it's you coming down?"

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

Zuumas kicks a bedroll out of the way and looked down at the trap door. That could not be comfortable sleeping on. As offered, he takes a potion and a tanglefoot bag before resuming his place next to his bowman friend and reached for the round handle for the door. Lyonel always seemed angry. He wondered if it was because he chewed that mold smelling stuff. It made him none too happy when he had to eat mold in the past so there was sympathy for the taller man.

Regardless, he prepares to throw open the door open. His pale white eyes made contact with Lyonel's, giving a wide grin, displaying all his small, misplaced teeth. "You are damn good with that bow. You sure this if your first mission?"


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

"like i said man - Endarios bought her a couple books. Treated her with respect. Ain't no passphrase... we ain't military."

As the party opens the door, Lyonel and Zuumas look down to see a woman in her thirties in a blue-Andoran dress sitting on the bottom step. She is holding a book and her hands are bound to a rope. The rope leads to a man standing a couple feet away, face obscured but the floors. You see the glint of steel pointed at the ground."Who goes there?! What right do you have attacking us like this?"

perception dc15:
Thalia looks to be healthy and in good spirits. You believe she has been well treated.

kn:local dc 10:
he is speaking in a thick Galtan accent

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

'What right? They expected to be protected, by her father perhaps?'

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Unable to get a clear view down into the cellar, Rateliff turns to the man they still have in custody. He speaks in a soft voice so those below the floor won't be able to hear.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
"Tell him to come up with her, and don't make it sound like you're scared."

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

He tilts his head lightly to the well dressed woman. The blue of her dress was appealing. He let his eyes look about the basement.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Unable to make out what's there as his eyes are still too dazed from the sunlight, he calls down as advised by his orc party member.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
"We have subdued your sacerity and wish for no fight, but are willing if needed. Come up here so we may talk less we send what ill has already fallen on your comrades."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

Well, at least he's not immediately threatening her, as far as I can tell...
Ale' sighs slightly, then answers the man's questions. "Attacking you? I'll have you know your people shot first, sir. We, are Pathfinders. We came seeking the Lady Andares. Your men decided to shoot, rather than agree to talk first. But talk they did after." Ale' pauses, then continues, "Now that we have your attention, and with your hired help now defeated, we'd like to know what is going on here. As her father was quite opposed to helping us, perhaps you'd be willing to shed some light on the situation?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

perception take 10 (+5)=15 when I can get a peek down the stairs, and knowledge(L) take 10

Edit:add
wish I had checked sooner, or need to setup an email notification when GM posts


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

teamwork 101: intimidate or diplomacize. Doesn't work to do both at the same time

Ale and Zuumas start talking at the same time... drowning each other out.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

"Let's not antagonize the man any more than we have to, we may garner more useful information, or a peaceful resolution, if we can reach an accord" Ale' asks of his companions.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

Bosco circles the trap door, peering down.

"Just say it, Bosco drop down and shield girl," he whispers to Ale. Bosco waits at the ready.

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

He twists his face and moves out of the way, offering Ale the window to the underground. Zuumas steps back and walks away from the group, taking point behind Lyonel and waits.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]
Zuumas Vezendi wrote:
His pale white eyes made contact with Lyonel's, giving a wide grin, displaying all his small, misplaced teeth. "You are damn good with that bow. You sure this if your first mission?"

Lyonel feels a twinge of pride and friendship towards this strange new acquaintance. "For the Pathfinders, yes. But you can bet you're ass it ain't my first fight," he responds with a grim smile.

When the trapdoor opens he becomes silent and focused, doing his best to keep the talkers in his group from breaking his concentration. After the others contradict themselves, he calls down: "Surrender now and they won't hurt you. They let your friends go, and they'll do the same for you. That's your only warning."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

"Or, take him into custody, depending upon how this plays out. I'm hoping for a reasonably good explanation from him for getting shot at, and..." Ale' says frustrated, just loud enough for the occupants in the cellar to hear.

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

Realizing being the first person down a ladder into a basement is not something she should do, Noor is patient to let the more armored among the group go first.

"After you gentlemen."


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

"I am lawfully detaining an escaped fugitive from the Red Revolution. Wi..."

Endarios is interrupted by Thalia "stop please. everyone. If you know who i am then tell him! This is all a misunderstanding!"

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

Running out of patience, Bosco speaks up; "She Thalia Andares, daughter of Consul Andares. She come up or Bosco come down. Choose now." Bosco pounds an enormous fist on his shield for emphasis.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Bosco activates Martial Flexibility and learns "Saving Shield."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

"Our information, including your own guards here, confirm the young lady as Thalia Andares. We were sent to 'rescue her'." Ale' calls down. "While I would prefer to negotiate in good faith, not everyone in company here necessarily agree with me. It is fortunate you spoke when you did, as you might not be in that position for long. By what, or who's authority do you refer in detaining the lady?"

intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

"you dont scare me you ugly brute. As for authority, our employer wishes anonymity. And the Gray Gardners always are seeking turncoats.

But maybe you are right -maybe she isn't who we were told. However - much expense has gone into this operation. I would need at least some compensation for my expenses. "

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

I am trying to visualize what the exact situation is. Would Bosco be able to get in-between the girl and the captor in a move or double move? Willing to take an attack of opportunity to do so.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

For the purpose of a battlemat, he is adjacent to her. You have no idea what he'd do if you tried to rush past your allies and down the stairs at him.

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

Noor casts Guidance on herself.

"Gentlemen! there is no need for such rude behavior! Thalia? May I come down, please?"

With out waiting for an affirmative answer, Noor climbs down the ladder.

"Hello, you must be Endarios. I am pleased to meet you. My name is Noor Mayline. I am a priestess of the Dawnflower so you know what I say is right and true.

Thalia, we are members of the Pathfinder Society sent here to return you to your father. What do you mean there is a misunderstanding?"

Noor also makes a quick perception check around the room. DC 20 Perception (10 + 9 +1)


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

As Noor starts to climb down, Endarios hesitates. "hold on there - thats far enough. You can see from there she is unharmed. Let's not be doing anything foolish."

Noor has a clear view of the rundown cellar and Endarios. He appears calm but grips his bastard sword well. One of the walls below the entrance of the house looks recently caved in on broken shelves and bottles.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

"You want money? You're in luck. Our new friend is so filthy f&~!in' rich his s&&~ is worth more than your life. I'm sure he'd be happy to hand over a small fortune for the girl." Lyonel spits a stream of red tobacco juice on the frayed carpet at his feet.

"Besides, it's the best option you've got. You harm her, you die. You turn this into a stand-off, we starve you out. You let her go, you live, and make more money than you've ever f$%@in' seen before."

Lyonel looks to his accomplices and shrugs.

GM, not sure if you want me to roll a skill check for that, like Bluff, or if it can be taken at face value.

Is this hatch the only way into the room, or is there another entrance that Noor can see?


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Noor sees him seemingly interested, but they both hear Thalia whisper "don't bet on it...." she blushes when she realizes how she just affected things.

no other way in

Endarios calls out. i'll take 100 gold in return for the girl. That should cover me and my ... friends..."

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Rateliff is not happy with this swerve towards negotiation. Seeing no way to get down there swiftly though he isn't sure what other options they have for this girls life.

"I still think his life is generous enough as a trade."

I'm guessing my attempt to goad one of this man's cronies (guy who said there wasn't a passphrase) into helping us convince Endarios to come out failed because of the bad roll and not because he left.

Rateliff grabs the man's friend by the collar and pulls him forward so Endarios can see him. "How about a trade, one for one."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

Appreciative that at least one other isn't just out for blood, Ale' calms down, some. "So, why the sudden change of heart regarding who she is? You must have had your doubts upon securing, and spending time with the lady. We appreciate that you have treated her well, and that can be reflected in our report.". Ale' calls back, after the others have spoken. "I still believe this can be resolved without more blood being spilled. Being that you have treated her decently, mostly, I believe you have a sense of honor about yourself. Detect evil, when I have sufficient visibility
Hopefully some of this is still salvageable...
Adjusting his voice some, "My lady Thalia, I have a different suspicion about your why you're here, and I'd like to hear your version about what happened to you."


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

He does not detect as evil.

Thalia keeps quiet at Endarios tugs lightly on the rope. "do we have a deal or not? I don't care what you write in a report. As for bloodshed, pay my expenses and i'll forgo my contract and take my men home to Galt.'

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

Ale' retrieves a small coin pouch, counts out 100gp from his pack, places them in the smaller pouch, ties it shut, and jingles it noisily above stairs. "Is it a written contract by chance? I would like to have it if so, as well."

Edit: add
Ale' looks to his comrades nearby, and attempts to convey silently, out of sight from the basement people, his wish to have the man grappled and tied up.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

Feeling outnumbered by his more diplomatic companions, Lyonel places his arrow back into the quiver on his back, stands his longbow up against the wall and leans against it himself. He quickly prepares a pipe and lights it, holding the smoke in deep as if to keep the fires of his frustration at bay.

With smoke trickling from his nostrils, Lyonel makes eye contact with Ale and shakes his head 'no' as if to say 'don't do it, don't play his game.'

"We're gonna reward this s*@* heel for kidnapping the broad? What's next, tipping thieves? 'Here, Mr. Murderer, Sir, take this payment and knighthood, just promise you'll be good from now on'...Some f$!&in' justice."

Just to be clear, I as a player can agree with a peaceful resolution and expect we could get your coin back if she is released safely. I also don't see any other resolution that avoids a risk of her being injured. Lyonel disagrees.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

I just added something extra to my post, apparently as you were typing yours.
(2) yes, I agree, we do have magical healing available, if it comes to that, will be used. Hence the add since Ale' would really like to either have him interrogated more, or at least turn him in for kidnapping, until/unless evidence suggests otherwise.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

if you are planning to betray him while implying a deal, roll a bluff Ale

"i have some paperwork i'm willing to... misplace down here. If we have a deal of course. Do we?"

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Gm 1 star re roll please, want me to do it, or you?

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

There's little chance this man escapes without a beating. There's a thin line between captor and slaver. Too thin for Bosco to discern, anyway.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

you can reroll if you want to. If your allies are going to refuse to parlay in the end - you probably shouldn't waste it

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

I'm fine with letting the parlay play out for now.

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

"Maybe," Zuumas said in regarded to Lyonel's discontented comment. If he saw Ale, he acted as if he had not. He is far too small to help with a grapple even if he wanted to. "Is this normal plan for Pathfinders?" he says as honestly as he did in disappointment.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

the offered paperwork can also be evidence, whomever hired these people to kidnap her, we could find out whom that is, and that at least, should hope to be useful. It's not ideal, but it's appearing to be our least injurious option

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

Ale' turns to Zuumas, "As Pathfinders, we must be prepared for many different outcomes. Plans, they don't often play out as laid out, or hoped. Improvisation is often necessary.". He places a hand on his smaller companions shoulder. "I do not like the idea of letting him go, but if it provides us some information that can lead us to the person that requested her capture, while keeping the lady from immediate harm, I'm willing to accept that."

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

He looked up to Ale and listened respectfully. He than shrugged. "Forgive me. Everything is still very new to me."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

As a player, I won't be offended if someone jumps him before/during/after the exchange of coin. I know some characters here are much more about action than talking. As the character, Ale' was attempting to allude that, for everyone, at any time, any person can change the course of events. The emphasis he tried to lay out was his feelings, where as a liberty's edge faction member would probably have already jumped the guy. Justice, and the safety of Thalia, it's a delicate balance, and I apologize if it seems like I'm trying to hog the spotlight. I'm not. Ale' does feel like being a teacher/parent/guardian with the character levels present and wants to keep them from getting into too much trouble. Since he happens to have decent social skills, and this scenario has had the ability to use them, yes, he'll try to use them. Ale' is/will attempt to phrase the deal to be strictly between himself, and Enderios so as not to bind the rest of the party to his action. If someone else disagrees as he's leaving and takes him down/knocks him out, well, he won't be happy someone broke his deal, but he's not going to oppose having more potential evidence about her abduction since that's something we are investigating. I hope this helps. To me, it feels like maybe people aren't posting because they don't want to cause friction, hopefully I'm wrong.

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

you are good. ^.^! Zuumas can't do much on his own and as a Lv one squishy, he is following lead even if he doesn't like it.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

You don't have anything to apologize for, you're doing what it seems like is appropriate. I also appreciate your efforts to keep things moving forward. I am just waiting for the right moment to strike. Bosco won't risk the captive's life just to get the captor. I am just waiting for the right time, so please carry on and hopefully we can keep things progressing. :)


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

He calls up "you must take me for a fool lying to me like that. Leave the gold on the steps and back out of the building 30 feet. I will bring her out and release her and we'll go our seperate ways.

Oh and release the man you said you 'spared'"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

I actually appreciate you are taking a lead in situations like this and acting as a face for the party. I play a Paladin in my other campaign, so taking a back seat during diplomacy is refreshing.

@GM Kashka - Is there anywhere in the room where Zuumas could reasonably stealth, or is it wide open?

"We take you for somethin, alright," Lyonel mutters under his breath. He shrugs, takes up his longbow and heads for the door.

On his way out, he whispers to Zuumas "If you can find somewhere to hide and ambush this trouser snake when he comes out of his hole, I'll cover you."

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

Noor climbs back up the ladder. She walks to the far side of the room and waits for whatshisnuts to climb up.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

"When girl safe, yell. Bosco cover rear."

Bosco gives a nod to the team and moves outside of the structure to the rear, where he'll attempt to hide. If the brigand makes his escape this way, Bosco plans to intercept.

151 to 200 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM.Kashka's 5-04 The Stolen Heir All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.