GM.Kashka's 5-04 The Stolen Heir (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Torgerud


51 to 100 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Spell like abilities do not have verbal components - but there is a visual clue that it is happening - but she probably doesn't have spellcraft so it is safe.

Ale detects no evil.

"The consul is a very rich man who enjoys a tidy house fit for guests of their status."

When asked, she will go into an obviously fabricated chain of "evidence".... primarily made up of racial prejudice. She is eventually cut off by captain Demrick "I am afraid your theory Dorabeth does not fit the evidence. The elves would have a hard time making it this far unnoticed and there is no motive."

Tercio Andares—a tall Taldan man who has aged gracefully with curly, graying black hair—opens the drawing room door for Sander Bryton, saying, “I thank you again for your concern, cousin Sander, but the services of the Eagle Knights are not called for here. Surely you would not risk Thalia’s safety in such a bold manner.” He pauses upon noticing the PCs, greets the captain of the guard.

After receiving the letter of introduction, he takes a moment to read it. He welcomes you to town and inquires to your intentions.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

With a sigh of relief, Bosco stands at attention outside of the manse, emptying his mind of all thought, and focusing all of his senses on detecting attacks. Not thinking always came naturally to him.

Briefly entering a near-fugue state of heightened awareness, it is jarringly halted as he reminisces on his years of service in his tribe's militia. Bosco forces the pesky feeling of nostalgia out of his mind.

Thoughts like that are what put Bosco in prison, he thinks. Frustrated with himself, Bosco eloquently vocalizes his displeasure. Grrr. No good comes from thinking. Let smart people do thinking, Bosco use shield, keep friends safe. Keep girl safe. Stop thinking. Stop thinking...now. Now, stop thinking. Danger everywhere. Enemies everywhere. Be aware of danger, stop thinking and think about threats. But don't think about threats because thinking bad.

Bosco struggles mightily to pay attention to his surroundings, but doesn't move an inch. If anyone were to come in or out, it is doubtful that he'd notice.

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

Perparing the tea was easy enough. Milk and sugar for tea is not a normal thing from where he comes from so he did not offer any when he handed out the cups with saucers. Once he finished he prepared himself some and put two tasty treats on his saucer and sat down. When he partook in the pastries he took his time, savoring the sweet taste as if the moment in time mattered. This flavor is new. The different tastes of the surface, much less freedom, had a taste unlike anything he had ever had. The verity also was amazing to him. Of his life, he has missed out on all these simple pleasures.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

"As the letter indicates, we have been selected by Venture Captain Brackett to assist in locating, and retrieving, your missing daughter," Ale' responds politely to Tercio Andares, "For which we are also saddened by the news of." Ale' pauses to consider his next words. "Having heard the conclusion of your discussion with your cousin, I presume you are looking to have this handled with a measure of discretion? Something that is not easily traced back to you?"

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

"Ah, Mr. Sander, if I may have a word with you before you leave? Or if there is a time and place where I could call on you? I have some things I wish to discuss with you before our group leaves Sauerton."


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

gm only:

4d20 ⇒ (6, 12, 14, 14) = 46

Consul Andares looks to Ale "i am afraid i cannot even take the risk of discretion. I will not be the cause of her death. As i told my good friend here - your involvement may worsen the situation. I cannot help you."

Captain Bryton nods to Noor - "yes, i will wait for you outside after this conversation."

Zuumas kn:local:

You know Captain Bryton is also a consul in addition to an eagle knight.

The Bryton family goes back to the people's revolt - there has never not been a Bryton in office.

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

Zuumas looked up from his delight to look over at Bryton with his near all white eyes. A prominent figure and important family. He liked trouble makers. More over the ones that helped free slaves. His own tactics are a bit more... Underhanded. But still.

After finishing his last sweet and taking a long sip of his tea, he sat it down and listened. Some how he wished to be a fly on the wall when Noor spoke to such a powerful figure. No... His folly was not making friends with his other party members. importaint lesson learned.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Is he appearing/sounding to be pressured to say some, or all of that?

A perplexed look crosses Ale''s face. Is someone making him say that? Is there a ransom demand we haven't heard about yet? Why would a father not wish to save the life of his daughter? Is he being blackmailed? What is going on here? Ale' looks to his fellow comrades for clues to their thoughts on such a statement.

conditional:
Waiting, but not long, to see if anyone else offers a "go ahead" or "back off" look to me(unless my sense motive is on target to "go ahead." If so: "If I may Consul, what, precisely, is the situation?" Then, quickly, in a whisper, "Do we require a more private place to talk?" Ale' points towards a room deeper in the building. "Your choice." Ale' mouths silently. If not or "back off": "The Silver Crusade will be available for a short time should you require it. It would have been a pleasure to be of assistance, I only hope that your daughter is returned unharmed. May the ideals of Alysande Benedict be with you."

I am leaning heavily on the "if so" as my initial, preferred response, to gather more information. Let me know if I need a diplomacy roll. If I get rebuffed again, I'll craft an answer depending upon what he says.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

Lyonel is growing increasingly skeptical and suspicious of this Consul Andares. 'What sort of a man is afraid to help his own kidnapped daughter? Either this man has information he is not telling us or he's spineless as an earthworm.'

He catches Ale's eyes, notices the same hesitation, and nods his head ever-so-slightly to show acknowledgment. 'I'd best leave this to someone more carefully-spoken, lest I remind him to grow a pair.'

He notices a pair of scabs on the knuckles of his right hand and begins to pick and peel them. They are similar in size and shape to a Half-Elf's front teeth, but he had been too drunk the past few nights to remember any such incident.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Ale and Lyonel get the impression the consul does know more and won't be helping you.

He prepares to leave. "I cannot stop you from pursuing this. But i cannot in good conscience risk aiding you. Good day."

As he departs, Captain Bryton nods at Noor, and chats with the consul on the way out the door. After they depart, Dorabeth's cheer disappears.

"i am terribly worried for Thalia, that sweet girl. If i can do anything to help, please let me know." the party is certain of her sincerity.

noor:
you are certain the captain will be waiting outside as promised, and appears to be a patient man.

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Rateliff is surprised by the Consul having no interest in forcibly saving his daughter. 'Has he been in contact with kid nappers? Perhaps this is actually parts of a blackmail plot..' Rateliff studies the man as he finishes his conversations and then leaves.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Though it seems the stresses of the day have already hidden from the consul's face what feelings really lie beneath.

"Of course Madam." Rateliff responds to Dorabeth, trying to reassure her. "We should move on now, time is precious. Thank you very much for your hospitality."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

I would like to, again if possible, when the Consul this time is walking out, as long as, or when both he and the Captain have their backs to me, use my Detect Evil on him(the Consul).

A look of dismay is plainly visible to the party as Ale' watches Consul Andares depart the premesis. Once certain the consul is out of earshot, Ale' speaks quietly to Lady Dorabeth. "My dear lady, we are as concerned as you about what happened to young Thalia. What can you tell us about her? Will you provide a description of her so we know when we've found her?" Ale' places a gentile hand upon the lady's shoulder, and continues. "What can you tell us about her disappearance, or whom else could we talk to that may know something?" Ale' hesitates a bit after her responses, "I rather dislike asking this, but, the Consul's reaction to our presence is quite puzzling. If by chance you may know, is there something going on he's trying to keep secret? It seems quite odd that he wouldn't even enlist his own people to the task."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

Something more is afoot than they might guess. Now might be the best time to talk with his other comrades while Ale talks with the lady.
"So," he began with a lowered voice and an smile of interest. Since he had his mind returned to him puzzles where a love, as long as it did not require water. "The man is either nervous or cold hearted. Since we where requested here before we might assume the former, if not to only assume the best of the old man. I do believe he was underhandedly inviting us to resume our investigation without involving him. Might we form a rouse of our new mission in town while keeping with our investigation? Possibly prospectors for new land to start our own crops. After all, we are looking for a burned down and presumably abandoned house, yes? Truthfully, I would one day like to own land. This might be good practice."


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Ale detects no evil. Dorabeth's tells you a brief description of Thalia - which matches the scrying. She sobs a bit in fear. Captain Demrick speaks to the look of confusion on everyone's faces. "my understanding is the consul received a threatening letter if he were to aid the authorities... it is his daughter afterall - would you not be scared for her in his shoes?"

zuumas was intentionally speaking out of ear shot of Dorabeth and Demrick correct?

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Rateliff nods in understanding, "A look at this letter may help our direction as well, if it is possible."

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

"Might we see this letter, please, good madam?"


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

the consul kept the letter of introduction.

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

I'm sorry, the threatening letter the consul received warning him off going to PFS SWAT.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

ah!

She says "I haven't seen it. I'm sorry that I don't have it. "

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

"Captain Demrick, politics being what they are, whom might you consider as possibly benefiting from a tragedy befalling Consul Andares?" Ale' inquires. "Perhaps something economically related? Have there been any political incidents involving the Consul, or his rivals lately"


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

"Well... actually the Consul has had a surge in popularity.... the election was looking close but now he will win in a land slide.

It's funny... anytime things seem to go badly for an Andares, there always seems to be a silver lining or convenient turn of events."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

"Convenient? I suppose that's one word for it. I could think of a few others for those who capitalize on tragedy." Lyonel is struggling to contain the vinegar that boils within him. He realizes at once that he should leave.

'She finds humor in the Consul's convenience, but a man does not gain such wealth and stature by coincidence alone...The man seemed quite inconvenienced by our arrival, and showed none of the signs I would have expected the father of a kidnapped child to show. They're liars, the lot of them.'

Lyonel realizes that he's unsure if he said the last part aloud, or just thought it, but then decides he doesn't care either way.

"I need a smoke. I'll take my leave." The fighter nods his head in the slightest show of hospitality, an unfathomable gesture from an unapologetic ruffian, then leaves to join the Half-Orc in the rain. He is packing his pipe as he walks and lights it as he passes through the door.

"F!@&," he says to the Half-Orc, or aloud to himself, "some s+&~ this is floating down the river, and here we are clinging to it like drowning rats."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

"As my colleague theorizes, would you be willing to elaborate upon those statements more please Captain?" Ale' says, clearing his throat. "Would you mind continuing this conversation en-route to his current opponents place? It may help us to discuss some things with this person."

Upon leaving the Andares residence, Ale' turns to the group and speaks, "Perhaps now may be a good time to split up and have some of you search the town for this older, good sized, fire damaged building. Any suggestions?"

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

Before making the previous posting...

Ale' turns to Dorabeth, "Might we be allowed to look around the house for clues as to why Thalia disappeared? What else can you tell us about her, did she get along with her father/other towns people? Is there anything particularly unusual about her home/town life here?"

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Rateliff steps forward after Ale' speaks, "I agree, being able to see where Thalia was last seen as well as her room would help us greatly."

Rateliff will willingly follow Dorabeth through the house.

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

Noor will describe the fire damaged building to Dorabeth.

"Do you maybe know of such a building near by?"


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Dorabeth is hesitantly willing to allow you into her room. "be quick, it is highly inappropriate. Only you two." she points at Ale and Maxwell. both can roll perceptions as Dorabeth nervously stands at the door.

To Noor, Captain Demrick says "why yes i know that place. It's [this way]." he gives you explicit directions. "how do know of it yet don't know where it is? "

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Noting her uncomfortable nature Rateliff keeps his hands clasped behind his back and tries to make the search efficient.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

As he steps into the room his keen eye is able to make some sense of the surroundings.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.
Lyonel Redthorne wrote:
"F**@," he says to the Half-Orc, or aloud to himself, "some s%~@ this is floating down the river, and here we are clinging to it like drowning rats."

Redthorne is halfway through his sentence before Bosco even realizes someone is standing next to him. Not wanting the fighter to think that he was asleep at his post, Bosco attempts to bluff in response. "Hrm."

Bluff: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

Bosco will follow the group and split in whichever direction he is told. He will do his very best at all times to be helpful, but the uncharismatic Half-Orc usually puts people on edge.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Ale' scans the room looking for clues.

Specifically looking for stuff related to Alysande Benedict, or personal diaries, familial discepencies, or something to provide an insight to her personality

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

He may be a dim wit, but at least he's vigilant...Gods be damned, he smells like a dead carp. I wonder if there are any smart Half-Orcs. I've sure as s$+@ never met one.

Searching for the burned home is much more appealing to Lyonel than waiting in a mansion.

Entirely bored by the Half-Orc's company, he begins to look around for anything of interest. Perception roll as needed.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Maxwell and Ale while investigating Thalia’s bedroom uncover hidden notes indicating that her family—including her father Tercio—may have conspired with other powerful political families to form new dynasties within the ostensibly democratically elected seats of government around north and central Andoran.

Bosco and Lyonel can find nothing outside the mansion, save Captain Bryton waits outside the gate for Noor.

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Rateliff reads the letters with Ale' and then folds them up again. Giving his partner a knowing look he stows the notes within his robe while turning to Dorabeth, "We will need to keep these for a short while, they hold some very helpful information. If you would like it, we can be sure to return them to you at the conclusion of this."

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

"Captain, the Society used divination magic in a means of trying to track down the Consul's daughter. Thank you for the information. As soon as my fellow agents are finished upstairs, we will head to this place. Thank you."

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

Noor exits the Andares Mansiont to see Captain Bryton waiting for her.

"Captain Bryton, many thanks for agreeing to speak with me. If you are unaware, the Pathfinder Society is preparing a major expedition to the Worldwound. We believe there is a site of major significance to history and may help solve a mystery that had plagued the area for some time.

"Now, this sort of undertaking requires many nations and groups to work together. We can not do this alone. Mendev has suffered a terrible blow losing Kenabres and nearly the Diamond City itself. The events of that day taught me the value of team work and supporting those who stand, and those who may stand, with us.

"It would be a powerful statement to the rest of Avistan if the nation of Andoran, a beacon of freedom and democratic values, were to lend military support to our cause. We need your help if we are to ever defeat the blight upon old Sarkoris. We need your help to achieve the Society's goal of exploring an ancient mystery. I am positive the Society will look favorably upon Andoran and lend their weight to matters of national Andoran interest.

"Captain Bryton, can the Pathifinder Society count on the nation of Andoran for support?"


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Maxwell Dorabeth wants nothing to do with the papers. "keep them - now hurry before the consul finds out i let you in here.

The party has a few moments outside the Manor's door to discuss the papers and location before everyone goes to speak with captain Bryton. queue Noor's post - anyone who wants to aid in some fashion does need to talk/act

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

Being unheard, he moves out out to join the remainder of the group, resuming a silence maybe more suited for his current rank among the Pathfinders. He watches and listens attentively. That man, though... Bryton. He wished he could have more time to pick at his brain.

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Rateliff sees himself out.

Once outside, he starts to hand the letters to Lyonel and Bosco but then stops, figuring neither can read. "Things have gotten a little more interesting," he tells the two out there. "There are hints that this family may have conspired to form a new regime of power within the government around north and central Andoran. The daughter wrote these notes about her suspicions."

Rateliff then glances around the street. "Have you two spotted a burnt down building while out here?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

"Are you sure you know what those big words mean?" He takes a long draw on his pipe, then exhales the tobacco smoke through his nose as he continues "I never trusted that rich son-of-a-b%*@%. Seems to me like he's in on the kidnapping. I mean, he ain't exactly ethical, and he don't seem too f!$~in' sad that his dear ol' daughter is missing."

"No, we ain't found s$~%. Been too deep in conversation with this one," he motions to Bosco. "May be the local barkeep knows somethin' about the house?"

I could go for a whiskey. Might need to buy a bottle if we're leavin' town, too.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

Bosco looks back and forth between Rateliff and Redthorne, trying to absorb the information. The gears turn slowly, but they do turn. After some time, Bosco speculates "If daughter suspects father, maybe he found out and made her disappear? Get her out of the way until plan completed?"

After speaking, Bosco immediately winces in anticipation. He's been punished for speaking out of turn enough times to know what's coming.

If his teammates like his idea, Bosco is left a little stunned, and swells with pride.

If his teammates reject his idea, Bosco hangs his head in shame and will accept the verbal or physical lashing that he is already anticipating.

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Focused on the street, Rateliff still hears Bosco and replies, "Precisely."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Looking for evidence of fire on any of the buildings


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

The directions to the building Noor received leads a couple miles out of town.

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Gah! Totally, see that post now. Bone headed but Rateliff has reeaally good perception on us already knowing the location.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

"I had the same thought, Boss." Lyonel's new nickname for Bosco.

'Gods be damned, I had the same thought as a Half-Orc...I need to get back out in the wilderness, my mind is dulling.'

"The father is suspect number one in my eyes. If he caused any harm to that girl..." 'I'll kill 'em with a golden f&&*in' arrow.'

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

"Or scared," he replies with very little force in his voice. He adjusts his mask on his head feeling the want to use it start to rise. "But debates on this could be made all day. If we know our destination we should get going. The girl can tell us more."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

"Thank you for your help Dorabeth, we will do what we can to keep your help from causing you repercussions from Consul Andares." Ale' responds to Dorabeth sincerely. "Yes, there is undoubtedly more going on here than we initially expected, perhaps it will unfold as we continue our mission." Ale' states to Maxwell. "Go on ahead, I'll meet you outside shortly, I have one more question for our kind lady here." Ale' turns to Dorabeth once more, "How many children does Consul Andares have?"

After her response, "Thank you again for your time, my lady." Ale' bows to her as he heads to the main entrance to meet the rest of his party.

"Perhaps Thalia is refusing to play by her father's rules or plans?" Ale' says as he exits the manor, coming upon the discussion outside. "That could explain his unwillingness to take an active role in finding her."

Ale' sees Noor and the Eagle Knight Captain conversing off separately from the others and calmly walks over, catching the last few sentences of their conversation. "Captain, if I may, my companion is quite correct in her assessment, and her request is authorized by our leadership. We understand that decisions like this are not made lightly, or necessarily locally, but we would appreciate any considerations that would see beneficial cooperation between our organization and Andoran become a reality."


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Dorabeth sadly informs Ale that Thalia is an only child.

does anyone else wish to contribute with Captain Bryton? Otherwise Noor can roll diplomacy with a +2 auto-assist from Ale.

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Leaving the two at the door, Rateliff walks down to where Noor is speaking with Captain Bryton. Though he is silent, he attempts to convey the groups legitimacy with the presense of his hulking frame.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Amazing, my first negative ever

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

Noor takes 10 on her Diplomacy check.

10 +7 +2 (aid another) + 1 (guidance) = 20!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

Lyonel is overcome by a feeling that is alien to him: teamwork.

Aid Another (Diplomacy): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

"Make my words, we'll bring her back," he says, sounding quite unsure of himself.

51 to 100 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM.Kashka's 5-04 The Stolen Heir All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.