GM.Kashka's 5-04 The Stolen Heir (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Torgerud


201 to 250 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

"Your friend here will come outside with us, we'll make the trade in the field." Rateliff then nods to the party as they spread out.

He drags their hostage with him and stands between the building and the pit.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

"release him now or no deal. I won't be falling into your murderous trap. You have already proven you have no honor."

Even Thalia calls up exasperated "just do what he wants...please"

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

"Any shadow is my hiding place," Zuumas said with a dullness to his voice. Delayed in his reaction only a half a second, he realizes his friend's meaning. Zuumas straightens out a little and looks around swiftly to find a shadowed corner. Once found he nods to his tobacco loving friend with a wide grin and pulling his mask over his face again, quickly making his way to that shadow, letting himself sink into it.

@Gm Kashka: as soon as my comrades yell to the man below that they have met his demands, Zuumas will use his once per day vanish as per Dissolution's Child and prepare to strike this mark.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

I'm not quite sure what to make of the map, is Ale' at the top of the stairs able to see down, relatively unobstructed then or did he back up to allow Noor clearance? And if so, what does he see right now?


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

The map wasn't being used until now. If you guys are trying to ambush the guy, we need to know where you are when he comes up. The party was in a bit of a free motion during negotiation - you would have been able to see what i described initially.

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Kashka, does it look possible to toss our hostage down the hole without physically harming Thalia? e.g. him landing on her


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Down the stairs? It would lands on Thalia. Not to mention it is abuse of a prisoner.

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

moved with my readied action in tact

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

Lyonel grumbles as he leaves the shanty, positioning himself away from the house but with an angled view into the window should he need to support Zuumas. Once in position he takes the longbow off his back and notches another arrow.

'Release him head first down the stairs, Rat.'

"I ain't got all f!*@in' day, let's make it happen" he calls out impatiently.

'I wish I had somethin' harder than chew and smoke. I'ma need it after this s%+@.'

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

wish I had world of Warcraft paladin bubble others ability right now ;)

Add:
so, would it be more accurate to describe the stairs as a ladder with wider rungs going basically straight down(maybe 10 degree angle)(able to jump down), and Thalia is sitting on one of the bottom ones, or are we talking something with more slope to it(able to run down)? And how far down from this floor to the bottom?

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

Bosco is in place and waiting for something to happen.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

we can move forward assuming you have released the other captives.
Its a steep stair case - not far from a ladder angle

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

does it look like Ale' could deliberately jump/drop through the opening and avoid Thalia, getting between her and Enderios? His take 10 acrobatics for jumping would be 16, to ignore the first 10 feet of falling.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

that was already asked. He is adjacent to her

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

would not be able to land on him directly instead?


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

you could attempt a flying bull rush. You would likely end up prone and he would have aoo's on you. Not to mention what might happen to Thalia

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

From the main room, what are all the usable exits that Ale' can see?

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Rateliff releases the hostage.

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

"There. We're out of the house, your friend is released, and money is on the floor. Let's do this already."

Rateliff yells out impatiently.

sorry for the short post earlier, work blues. Let me know if I need to roll diplo or bluff for that.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

The last of the 4 ruffians take off running.

Zuumas hears a what he thinks is a spell followed by a voice. "After you m'lady. I will remember our conversations fondly. I am sorry for the ordeal you have gone through." Zuumas senses the sincerity in his voice, as Thalia appears out the top of the stairs unbound and smiling, and Endarios follows her, weapon sheathed as he picks up the pouches of gold.

@Zuumas - will you attack as they appear? or will they be allowed to exit the building?

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

Kindness. Once he was old enough to know the word's meaning even his own mother lost her ability to show it. His hand gripped his sickle, a farming tool he has turned into a weapon, as his mind turned over this concept.

Still, his body melted into the shadows as the sound of foot steps fell up into the opening of the trapped door. He saw the smiling face of the girl and remained baffled, but pulled himself from that thought. He has a job to do, still. So, he let his shadow fall in place of his quarry's. He will follow him and see what his comrades will do and act in turn. He will be in place where he needs to be; in good view of the man's back.

Zuumas will not make the first blow, but, as stated, his four foot shadow is now following Endarios as close to his own shadow as possible. If any aggression starts, Zuumas will come out of hiding and slash at the man.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Thalia and Endarios exit the building and step towards Noor. "See - that wasn't so hard." Endarios hands Thalia the a couple papers.

Suddenly, Endarios takes a handful of Ale's gold coins, and tosses them in the air. He takes off running at a ridiculous, magically enhanced speed - easily out pacing the group on foot.
He is running at move speed 60. Lyonel could get off two shots at him if so desired.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

Odd and Lyonel shoots, even he stands down.

Act(?): 1d2 ⇒ 1

"Outrun this, you sneaky f+@&in' bastard!" Lyonel aims low, not meaning to kill the man, just slow him down or give them a blood trail to follow. Two arrows are loosed.

Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Crit. Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

His second arrow grazes Endarios' lower leg and Lyonel feels a sting of embarrassment as his foe runs out of range. He yells "Don't think this is over!"

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

Hearing commotion, Bosco moves south along the wall and sees the man fleeing. Knowing he has no hope of catching up, he moves towards the front of the building to regroup. He stops short as two arrows whiz by him.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

Ale' commits the man's appearance to memory, in case his companions arrows do not find their mark, When this is done, or perhaps sooner, we'll need to locate this man again...
Ale' moves up to Thalia, and looks her over to confirm she's physically unharmed.
heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
"My lady, what an unfortunate ordeal you've been dealing with, and I apologize for the less than cordial method used to resolve it." Ale' says to Thalia, with a concerned and apologetic tone. "Can we now talk about the events that brought you here? Your father was quite opposed to offering us any assistance in finding you, and that seems quite, well, strange. Our superiors in the Pathfinder Society, were hoping to create a mutually beneficial agreement with your safe return to him." A gentler, more compassionate voice comes through. "Something you commented earlier, plus some other information, however, I get the feeling the two of you aren't on very good terms right now..."

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

Endarios' shadow splits unnaturally when he runs and a short time later Zuumas emerges from it, pushing his mask from his face. He is confused and not all together sure how to put the peices of what he heard together. So he fell quite, while turning his pale gaze to the woman they suposivelly just saved.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

As Lyonel starts firing, Thalia chastizes him "stop it now you violent brute! Your need for blood isn't going to get you far in making friends. Just let him go." She grimaces as both arrows strike the target who keeps running.

To Ale's question, she hands him the papers. "he said a brown haired Taldan man hired him. But i recognize this handwriting.... it looks like Koriana's..."

The papers describe how to slip into the Andares house unnoticed.

Ale's coins on the ground amount to half of the gold given to Enderios. He kept only 50 gold.

anyone looking at the papers can roll craft:alchemy or perception to recognize some smudges.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

I have craft tattoo (+7), which uses ink, would that be acceptable in place of alchemy? Otherwise:
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Who is this Koriana? You appear to know this person. Does that description fit? Let's have a thorough look over the documents Enderios left behind as well. Would you mind if we checked you for residue of any magic Enderios may have used upon you?"

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

Bosco stows both shields on his back. Overly aware of his tendency to put people on edge, Bosco approaches Thalia slowly and once near her, stoops down to address her respectfully.

"You safe now. Bosco protects you. Do you need food? Water? Healing?" Bosco hands his wand of cure light wounds to Ale for the latter purpose.

Bosco steps back, but will not move further than 5 feet from Thalia.

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

He settles back to his tobacco loving friend, settling quietly as well as thoughtfully. His mind is fully occupied with question. Zuumas is no longer sure how educational this exertion was. It isn't had to bend his mind as far as what life is like out of the darkness, but a glimmer of kindness in an unexpected place forces him to think things through.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Ale recognizes the smudges as alchemical reagents.

"magic? Sure fine.
She's a woman who corresponds with my father.... i can take you to her shop."

no magic auras on her

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

"Thank you, Ms. Antares. Leading us to her shop would be most helpful. Also, did you say she corresponds with your father?"

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Rateliff nods in agreement with Noor, "Indeed Ms. My name is Maxwell Rateliff, we can escort you home if you would like or anywhere else. It sounded as though your relationship with your father is not in the best place."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

what kind of reagents? Or was my roll not quite good enough?


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Unknown the specific reagents.

Thalia's eyes narrow at Maxwell's statement. "That would be a very personal and improper question sir. But i am not prepared to go home until i know the villain who did this."

The Exchange

Female Keleshite merciful healer cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Bless - +1 to hit, +1 saves vs fear

"Well then, Ms. Antares, it appears you are joining us on the way to this alchemist's shop. Do you need anything before we get going?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]
GM.Kashka wrote:
As Lyonel starts firing, Thalia chastizes him "stop it now you violent brute! Your need for blood isn't going to get you far in making friends. Just let him go." She grimaces as both arrows strike the target who keeps running.

"Apologies, madam," Lyonel says with a mischievous but apologetic grin, "I have the reflexes and instinct of a cat, but not quite so much smarts. It's just that, well, I didn't expect you to have befriended your captor."

He's lucky I left my poisons behind or those wounds would fester and he'd be dead come sunrise.

In a fruitless attempt to improve his appearance for the damsel, Lyonel licks his fingers and swipes back the hair that has fallen over his forehead and into his eyes. The chewed tobacco juice in his mouth leaves sticky blood-red streaks on his scalp and hair. The smell is far from pleasant. Lyonel takes no notice.

"To the alchemist's, then!" Lyonel's does little to hide the sarcasm of his excitement.

Let's hope she has something for sale to help break this dreadful sobriety...Perhaps they would like to see a game of "Redthorne roulette," he thinks with a grim smirk. An arrow fired straight into the air might hasten our leaving.

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Rateliff smirks at the lady's attitude. "As you wish."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

Let's go!

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

Ale' collects the leftover coinage and returns it to his bag. He also gives Thalia one more look over for injuries:
heal: take 10+6 and uses Boscos wand if needed, returning with thanks when done "When you are ready, my lady, we shall accompany you to see this investigation completed. We can continue talking about what happened to you on the way."
Getting this sorted out may take some time, hopefully she will be a bit more open on the walk.

The Exchange

Male Human Martial Artist 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft | AC 15 : T 15 : FF 12 | F +3 : R +4 : W +3 | I +2 : P +6 : SM +6 : S +7 | CMB +4 CMD 18 | Stunning Fist DC 13 Fort | Active conditions: None.
Shortcuts:
[dice=Unarmed]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Blows]1d20+4[/dice][dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] [dice=Flurry of Shuriken]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d2+4[/dice]

Rateliff takes up next to Bosco as they walk, "You seem to be a respectable warrior. Men like those brigands back there shame the art of war. Starting trouble and then forfeiting when their mortality is in danger, that is not the way, no honor in it. If combat must be engaged it should be efficient and final."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Archer 1 | HP 12/12 | Speed 20ft | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W -1 | I +6, P -1 | CMB +4, CMD +18 | Active Conditions: None | Arrows: 55/60
Shortcuts:
[dice=Longbow]1d20+5/20/*3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8[/dice] [dice=Greatsword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=Dagger/Unarmed]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d3+3[/dice]

Lyonel strides along besides Rateliff and Bosco, feeling a stronger bond of companionship with them now that they have fought together. He is in rare form as the adrenaline flows through him while the curses pour out his mouth.

"Don't start s@$& if you can't finish it," Lyonel paraphrases Rateliff, nodding his head in agreement.

"I f&&$in' tell you what, I ain't never seen nobody fight with a shield like this ol' boy," he says, motioning to Bosco. "Nearly took that son-of-a-b!@$*'s head clean off! I'll be damned. Any m*%@!&!!*@!# who can fight like that ain't got to say a damned thing."

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

After setting off and conversation settles with the girl, Zuumas lets his thoughts come to the surface as he approaches the young woman.
"Madam," he begins loud enough for her to notice his small stature. " may I be so bold to know your conversation with your captor?" Zuumas paused only a moment only to think of a way to assure the woman of his genuine ceriousity and not for some ill got gain. "I am still terribly unfamiliar with life under the sun. I have never known someone in bonds to be thankful nor a captor to be kind." he looked down with a grin, but one of irony instead of joy. "I have allot of experience with such things."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

Bosco is genuinely floored by the attitudes of these two men. First, they walk next to him almost as if they consider him equal? And instead of berating him for not taking the man's head clean off, they seem to praise him for almost doing so? Bosco can't even.

Bosco is pretty sure he is expected to say something, but unsure of how to reply, he stammers "Th..thank you, sirs? Deciding not to push it by making eye contact, he continues "Bosco just doing job. Protect girl." Bosco hurriedly looks around, and relaxes when he locates Thalia nearby.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

Before heading out, Ale' takes a thorough look around the basement room where Thalia was being held.

take 20 +5 perception


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Ale searches the cellar and finds a lockbox buried in the wall. The lockbox contains several silver and gold bars stamped with the insignia of a Chelish noble house. In addition, there are three carefully folded pieces of parchment: a scroll of blood biography, a scroll of seek thoughts, and a brittle contract promising aid from House Morilla of Taldor to the Sauer family in return for future favors.

The party makes its way towards the alchemist's shop. Broad country roads lead in four directions away from a crossroad. To the north, the road to the Sauer Vineyard cuts among golden fields and lush vineyards. To the south, the road into Sauerton is flanked by sparse and apparently abandoned houses. To the west, the road to the Andares manor winds through a grove of apple trees whose leaves have begun to yellow. To the east, fields stretch among rolling hills as far as the eye can see, with long autumn wheat lolling in the wind. On the southeast corner, an empty shop sits boarded up with broken windows. On the southwest corner, a sign advertises Koriana’s Exotic Tonics and Remedies and boasts of “long-forgotten delights from all across the Inner Sea.”

The party happens upon the scene just in time to see an elderly farmer and his cow being attacked by wild dogs. The party's quick intervention saves their lives, dispatching the mongrels efficiently.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Paladin 3, Id Rager 1 | HP: 36/36 | AC:22 (13 T 20 FF) | +7CMB,19CMD | F+10,R+6,W+6 (+2 vs death) | Ini +2, Per +5, Dip +10 | spd 40(30) | Act Con: none
stuff:
LoH 1d6 3/4; Mercy(fatigue); Smite Evil 1/1 | B-rage(dutiful strike) 6/6 | +2/die all healing received |

Ale' takes some time to tend to the man and his cow. heal check take 10 +6 "Good day sir, it was fortunate we arrived when we did to assist you. How are you feeling? Do you require any additional help by chance?" Ale' says kindly to the farmer. "Might you be able, or willing, to answer a couple of questions before we part ways?"

Edit:
K(nobility: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 for the stamped insignia on the bars.
Ale', after offering the magic scrolls to his companions, carefully stores the lockbox, and it's contents, in his backpack after careful examination of the bars and documents.

The Exchange

Tracked Resources:
Wayang Rogue (unchained) 1 |Male| hp 12/12 | AC 18 (15 t, 14 ff) | Fort:+0 Ref:+6 Will: -1 | CMB:-3 CMD: 11 | Perception: +3 | Init: +4 | -

@GM.Kashka does Zuumas get nothing from the girl in his conversation?


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 4 Crypt of the Everflame Tactical Map,

Zuumas and Thalia"Common Rule makes his actions wrong, and he is not my friend. But he was proper. We had excellent conversations of Lady Liberty, Alysande Benedict's passionate writings of peace and justice. He was more in favor of the writings of Hosetter - that common folk have the responsibility to take up arms for their common ideals. The Red Revolution in its infancy." She goes on for awhile over the philosophical writings.

Farmer and party"Yeah sure fine there. Greatly appreciate your help lads. Damn mayor keeping his guards focused on the parades and parties. Wild mongrels running loose everywhere... Tis a disgrace"

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc (Mwangi) Shield Champion 3 | HP: 27/31 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Active conditions: None.

Bosco is happy to enter the shop first, and make sure that it's clear before ushering in the rest of the team.

201 to 250 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM.Kashka's 5-04 The Stolen Heir All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.