Emerald Kingdoms

Game Master Kevin O'Rourke 440

Emerald Spire Second Floor-The Cellar
Accursed Halls
Loot Sheet
Side Jobs
Stolen Lands Encounters

***The Greenbelt***
Capital
Kingdom Stats/Log


2,401 to 2,450 of 3,473 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Male Human HP 52/52 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | F +8 R +4 W +7; | CMB +8 CMD 20 (18 FF) | Init +2 Perc 6

Yup. Definitely didn't see myself in the bold letters, and was waiting for a resolution. *headdesk*

Jethro's lance rises in the air as he notices the viciousness of his companions getting the better of his ponderous gait once more. "It's kind of like a hive, isn't it.", he notes to nobody in particular, seeing the dead fey on the ground. Pondering for one more moment at the death on the fields, he calmly raises his head, clearly ignoring the slaughter. "I reckon we go and grab that statue now. No point leaving it up there, right?"


Searching the rest of the ruins leads you to suspect a third creature was keeping a lair here but has fled to avoid conflict with the skilled adventurers.

A thorough search turns up a long-forgotten elven artifact, a remarkably well-preserved mithral statuette of a beautiful elf woman wearing archaic robes, framed by an archway of mithral branches. Johund recognizes the statuette as a representation of Findeladlara, the elven goddess of art and architecture. The statuette is worth 1,200 gp and is exactly the type of prize that Lily Teskerten (see Side Jobs link above) is looking for.

The statue taken from the main tower is quite heavy, if you remove it now it would make sense to return to your capital rather than try to go exploring while lugging it around.


Magus (8) CD (+17) W (0) HP (64) AC (29/21/19) S (10/9/10) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Lvl 3 (2/2) WF (1/1) AP (2/7) BAP (2/2) Initiative (+20)

”This.” Elthaeron stated definitively Is a thing of beauty. We must have it. We should return it to the capital.” Such a prize is not lightly abandoned.”


HP 67/67 | AC (29) 25 T 16 FF (26) 22 | F +10 R+7 W+11 | CMB +12 CMD 27 | Init +3 Perc +2 | Blessings 5/7 | Fervor 7/7 (3d6) | Sacred Armor 8/8 (+1) | Sacred Weapon 7/8 (+2) | [Crest] | [Loot]

Johund taps the tip of his nose with the broad side of his hunting knife. "Findeladlara, ter elven goddess o' fancy buildin's. Lily Taskertin'd offer up somethin' real sweet fer't, as well..."


Female CN Elf Witch 8 | HP: 50/50 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F +5, R +8, W +9 | Init: +10 | Per +12, SM +9, Stl +15, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/3 | Active conditions: mage armour if combat obviously near

"She'd better! It's a lovely little piece. I might ask Lily if I can have it after she pops her clogs."


Male Human HP 52/52 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | F +8 R +4 W +7; | CMB +8 CMD 20 (18 FF) | Init +2 Perc 6

Jethro's head perks up as he hears Johund's explanation on the goddess. "Well, I never thought gods cared 'bout buildings that weren't their temples." He nods at the statue, then at the grand, if abandoned fort behind him. "Could be why the place is still standing. Or it could just be the fine masonry." Findeladlara, hm..., he rubs his stubble. Never thought about devoting to a single god before.


Halfling Barbarian HP 67/67 | AC 17/ FF 17/ T 11 | Per +10 | F: 11/ R: 6/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Rage: 2/14 | Active Conditions: None

"It's pretty enough, I suppose," says Belladonna, frowning at the statue before losing interest. "What about this empty nest over here? Looks like something skeedaddled just before we arrived. Wonder what it was? Should we hunt it?"

What should I roll to identify the beastie? Can Sugar Loaf track it with Scent?


Sorry I forgot to respond to this

Though Sugarloaf tries to follow the trail after a while it becomes apparent it can move far quicker than any hours.


A charismatic orator arrived a day after the you last left town and has been giving speeches criticizing and denigrating the leadership and their actions. More and more of the townsfolk are gathering to hear him talk, and he’s building a wellspring of support among the disaffected settlers in the town.

You are informed that the speaker is a human called Grigori. Grigori is not just an itinerant.

When you arrive, Grigori is giving a talk in the town common “This so called queen and her cronies have shown gross negligence in their activities. See how they go gallivanting through the Narlmarches on fool’s errands where their interference is not wanted. It is not covered by their charter from Restov. Unchecked this Amadeen will become another bandit ruler like the Stag Lord.”

"Leaving the town has put all of you at risk, you are exposed to banditry, monster attacks, and worse. I have heard tell of the recent werewolf attacks. This Bandit Queen has stirred up the wilds around you without the foresight that nature might strike back! She does not care, you suffer but enough of you survive to be taxed that is all well and good. She seeks to line her pockets with the stolen treasures of these lands."


Magus (8) CD (+17) W (0) HP (64) AC (29/21/19) S (10/9/10) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Lvl 3 (2/2) WF (1/1) AP (2/7) BAP (2/2) Initiative (+20)

Eluvias, heading this, pulled out his sword. Electricity began to dance along it. ”He is as good as dead.” He began to stalk forward.


Halfling Barbarian HP 67/67 | AC 17/ FF 17/ T 11 | Per +10 | F: 11/ R: 6/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Rage: 2/14 | Active Conditions: None

"Agreed!" chirps Bella, leveling her lance and grinning at the others. "Oooh, what a little idiot! Can we display his head as a warning to all others?"


Magus (8) CD (+17) W (0) HP (64) AC (29/21/19) S (10/9/10) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Lvl 3 (2/2) WF (1/1) AP (2/7) BAP (2/2) Initiative (+20)

"Ms. Lindenbrook. Nobody here knows you yet, nor you Ser Tuggs. If the two of you would please circle around this instigator so that he cannot flee, I would appreciate it. If he stands his ground, I shall have his head. If he flees, he will do so straight into you're spears."


Male Human HP 52/52 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | F +8 R +4 W +7; | CMB +8 CMD 20 (18 FF) | Init +2 Perc 6

Jethro's brow shoots up, as he raises a hand at Belladonna and Eluvias. "I'm no set, Sir Eluvias, just a common man, but I reckon we need t'fight swords with swords and words with words." He glances at Amadeen, "'Course, there can be laws against insulting the head honcho, but criticism isn't always an insult."

That said, he turns towards the man. "Cò thu, a ’bruidhinn airson tiomnadh nàdair?", the druid shouts crossing his arms and lowering his brow. His tone, while honest, clearly betrays some cynicism and doubt.

Rolls/OoC:

Druidic - And who are you, speaking of nature's will?


HP 67/67 | AC (29) 25 T 16 FF (26) 22 | F +10 R+7 W+11 | CMB +12 CMD 27 | Init +3 Perc +2 | Blessings 5/7 | Fervor 7/7 (3d6) | Sacred Armor 8/8 (+1) | Sacred Weapon 7/8 (+2) | [Crest] | [Loot]

"Attackin' ter man in ter open seems t'be what e'd want," Johund whispers to Amadeen. "Proves 'is point 'bout ya bein' a bandit. Not that anyone cares what ter Rat thinks, but I'd invite ter sod ta ter Fort, then poison his ale cup. Or just slit his throat when no one's lookin'."

He smiles, producing his daggers. "But I 'spose public execution's got its advantages."


Female CN Elf Witch 8 | HP: 50/50 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F +5, R +8, W +9 | Init: +10 | Per +12, SM +9, Stl +15, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/3 | Active conditions: mage armour if combat obviously near

"Words first. If an oik like him can best us on those, we'd be a laughing stock. I'm walking up there and getting in his face. "

Amadeen strolls forward, directly for the troublemaker, and stops ten feet from him. When she

"Grigori, right? You've a lot of words but a shortage of action. I didn't see you challenge the Stag Lord. Or hunt down the werewolf a while back. I know that because I and the damn government here did it! You're full of it, Grigori, and everyone with sense knows it."

Amadeen makes sure the crowd hear her, while staring down Grigori.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Magus (8) CD (+17) W (0) HP (64) AC (29/21/19) S (10/9/10) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Lvl 3 (2/2) WF (1/1) AP (2/7) BAP (2/2) Initiative (+20)

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Makes it a 25

Eluvias walked next to his queen, his sword held out at his side. Sparks of lightning danced along it.

"And everyone here knows that you never dared to say any of this to our face, instead waiting until we left to deal with yet another threat that the likes of you are too cowardly to face."


Grigori does not respond to Jethro. "I only recently came here. I have made no claim to be a great warrior and I never claimed you didn't have a talent for murder." Grigori sneers. "I was not here but I've heard enough of you."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Though the majority of those around are hearing you out, Grigori still manages to bend a few ears.


Magus (8) CD (+17) W (0) HP (64) AC (29/21/19) S (10/9/10) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Lvl 3 (2/2) WF (1/1) AP (2/7) BAP (2/2) Initiative (+20)

”This idiot is probably in the pay of another power, sent to stir up unrest. I advise we torture him until we get to the truth. Shall I take him into custody, you’re highness?”


Female CN Elf Witch 8 | HP: 50/50 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F +5, R +8, W +9 | Init: +10 | Per +12, SM +9, Stl +15, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/3 | Active conditions: mage armour if combat obviously near

Amadeen silently acknowledges Eluvias' words, but keeps up her speech.

"So you're new to town, and you think you know better than me, or the people living here? Perhaps you haven't had time to peruse the place properly? Then you might have seen where all of those tributes and taxes went - the building works! Anything on me, I *earned* securing the land for people to live in safely! Because someone has to get their hands dirty, and it certainly isn't the likes of *you*!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


"I do not seek to detain you from running around the countryside beating every bush to see what pops out. While some might be honoured by your presence I am deeply concerned. The crown fits so poorly on your head that you must personally come to silence much warranted and needed criticism."

"I do not criticize the work that has been done by the people of this land whether it is under your direction or not. The buildings are fine. If I ask around I can only wonder how many bricks have been laid by you... I've no doubt you'll extol your own points of accomplishment by pointing out curious you've pillaged from the countryside."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24


Magus (8) CD (+17) W (0) HP (64) AC (29/21/19) S (10/9/10) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Lvl 3 (2/2) WF (1/1) AP (2/7) BAP (2/2) Initiative (+20)

Eluvias hissed ”He dares insult you again. He should be publicly tortured for this, my queen. If we allow anyone to think that they can talk to you as an equal, rebellion will soon follow.”


Halfling Barbarian HP 67/67 | AC 17/ FF 17/ T 11 | Per +10 | F: 11/ R: 6/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Rage: 2/14 | Active Conditions: None

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Belladonna sits calmly on Sugar Loaf, staring at the speaker, her lance inching slowly, every so slowly, down from its erect posture. Promising much, through nothing overt.

And a slight smile at the corner of her lips indicates Belladonna can't wait for him to continue digging his grave.


HP 67/67 | AC (29) 25 T 16 FF (26) 22 | F +10 R+7 W+11 | CMB +12 CMD 27 | Init +3 Perc +2 | Blessings 5/7 | Fervor 7/7 (3d6) | Sacred Armor 8/8 (+1) | Sacred Weapon 7/8 (+2) | [Crest] | [Loot]

"Aye, this's gone far enough. 'e can't speak t' ter Queen that way. Shall I place 'em under arrest, yer Majesty?"


Female CN Elf Witch 8 | HP: 50/50 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F +5, R +8, W +9 | Init: +10 | Per +12, SM +9, Stl +15, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/3 | Active conditions: mage armour if combat obviously near

"I have to say Grigori, you're good at what you do. I hope whomever paid you to cause trouble were worth it, because you're going away for a while."

Amadeen nods at Johund.


HP 67/67 | AC (29) 25 T 16 FF (26) 22 | F +10 R+7 W+11 | CMB +12 CMD 27 | Init +3 Perc +2 | Blessings 5/7 | Fervor 7/7 (3d6) | Sacred Armor 8/8 (+1) | Sacred Weapon 7/8 (+2) | [Crest] | [Loot]

Johund moves toward the malcontent, intending to place him under arrest.


"Outrageous! I'll not surrender to your Tyranny for merely telling the truth."

Every square not on the raised area about the platform is difficult terrain as there is quite a crowd.

Initiative Amadeen: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Initiative Eluvias: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Initiative Jethro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative Johund: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Initiative Belladonna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Initiative Grigori: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Amadeen
Belladonna
Jethro
Johund
Eluvias

Grigori


Magus (8) CD (+17) W (0) HP (64) AC (29/21/19) S (10/9/10) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Lvl 3 (2/2) WF (1/1) AP (2/7) BAP (2/2) Initiative (+20)

Eluvias moved to the crowd and yelled ”Move now! His life is forfeit and I need a clear shot.” Fire erupted around his outstretched hand.

Intimidate to get the crowd out of his way?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

He then waited for an opportune time, moved up as close as he could, and...

Scorching Ray hits Touch AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Fire Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 6, 5) = 14


HP 67/67 | AC (29) 25 T 16 FF (26) 22 | F +10 R+7 W+11 | CMB +12 CMD 27 | Init +3 Perc +2 | Blessings 5/7 | Fervor 7/7 (3d6) | Sacred Armor 8/8 (+1) | Sacred Weapon 7/8 (+2) | [Crest] | [Loot]

Agile Feet (Travel Blessing): swift action to ignore difficult terrain for 1 round.

Johund sprints forward, maneuvering his rather large body through the crowd with surprising ease.

"Easy does't." Johund clobbers the man on the head with the hilt of his dagger.

dagger, nonlethal v flat-footed: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 4 = 23
dmg: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Halfling Barbarian HP 67/67 | AC 17/ FF 17/ T 11 | Per +10 | F: 11/ R: 6/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Rage: 2/14 | Active Conditions: None

Belladonna lets out a high pitched yip of excitement, and her eyes bulge in her face as her lips turn pale and writhe back from her teeth. Screeching with abandon, she urges Sugar Loaf to close with the preacher, leveling her lance at the last moment.

Sugar Loaf has Feather Step slippers.

Charge Reckless Abandon/Surprise Accuracy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
Damage: 3d6 + 27 + 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) + 27 + (3, 4) = 47

Ride by Attack carries her past Grigori.


Amadeen casts a misfortune hex on Grigori... and then points and laughs.
DC19 Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Belladonna lets out a high pitched yip of excitement, and her eyes bulge in her face as her lips turn pale and writhe back from her teeth. Screeching with abandon, she urges Sugar Loaf to close with the preacher, leveling her lance at the last moment.

Seeing Belladonna has Grigori on the ropes Jethro focuses on getting through the crowd and up to the man.

Johund sprints forward, maneuvering his rather large body through the crowd with surprising ease.

"Easy does't." Johund clobbers the man on the head with the hilt of his dagger sending him to the floor.

The crowd is taken aback by the sudden burst of violence unease fills the air but unconscious and beaten you have Grigori, what you do with him is up to you.

Grigori's Belongings... possibly Loot
Potion of cure light wounds
Potion of cure moderate wounds
Potion of undetectable alignment (3)
Scroll of scare
Scroll of sound burst
Caltrops
+1 chain shirt
Masterwork buckler
+1 rapier
Shortbow
20 arrows
132 gp


Female CN Elf Witch 8 | HP: 50/50 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F +5, R +8, W +9 | Init: +10 | Per +12, SM +9, Stl +15, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/3 | Active conditions: mage armour if combat obviously near

Amadeen does not feel like making a speech.

"Take him away. He can answer for his treachery in peaceful contemplation.", she utters.


Halfling Barbarian HP 67/67 | AC 17/ FF 17/ T 11 | Per +10 | F: 11/ R: 6/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Rage: 2/14 | Active Conditions: None

Bella rises up in her stirrups and looks around the uneasy crowd.

"What? You lot think it's all right to talk dirty about your queen? Eh? Anybody else feel like disrespecting her majesty now that we're back? 'Cause ain't nobody gonna tame these wild lands like we are, and if we don't have the court graces of some fancy poncy princelings, well, you ain't exactly in the heart of Taldor, are ya?"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Loyalty: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (20) + 34 = 54

In the coming days people accept that their leaders did the right thing, with many coming up with all kinds of theories about what else they knew about this mysterious stranger.


Male Human HP 52/52 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | F +8 R +4 W +7; | CMB +8 CMD 20 (18 FF) | Init +2 Perc 6

Jethro remains on his spot as the man's taken in. Different country, different laws. Reckon they did the right thing, listening to the folks., he ponders, as he dismounts Antlers.


Female CN Elf Witch 8 | HP: 50/50 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F +5, R +8, W +9 | Init: +10 | Per +12, SM +9, Stl +15, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/3 | Active conditions: mage armour if combat obviously near

Later, Amadeen invites her travelling companions to a meal, to discuss a few things.

She makes sure to get fodder and a plate of insects ready too.


Male Human HP 52/52 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | F +8 R +4 W +7; | CMB +8 CMD 20 (18 FF) | Init +2 Perc 6

Jethro arrives early, having washed himself and given his clothes a certain rinse. Still, he's wearing his thick hide coat and his workman's cap, and he doesn't appear to have shaved. Never been invited to dining with a Queen., he thinks as he ponderously steps from foot in the meeting. "I'm here, Miss Queen.", he helpfully adds a minute later, grabbing his hat in his hand. The plate of insects seems to draw his attention, as he glances over them for an extended period of time. Is this some of those courtly intrigues? Oh, boy.


Magus (8) CD (+17) W (0) HP (64) AC (29/21/19) S (10/9/10) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Lvl 3 (2/2) WF (1/1) AP (2/7) BAP (2/2) Initiative (+20)

Eluvias came soon after. He looked at the plate of insects with a raised eyebrow "A local...delicacy?" He asked, with evident doubt in his voice.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Halfling Barbarian HP 67/67 | AC 17/ FF 17/ T 11 | Per +10 | F: 11/ R: 6/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Rage: 2/14 | Active Conditions: None

Belladonna spends her time exploring the old fort and surrounding buildings, riding around on Sugar Loaf and grinning impudently at the children, engaging in staring contests with any adults who don't quickly look away, and seeing how much she can get away with by 'appropriating' snacks, a new blanket, and bucket of steak for her dire corgi.

When she shows up, it's clear she's made no attempt to clean up for the occasion; still, it's the first time they've seen her without Sugar Loaf, so that's something.

"What's going on, royal people? We talking important things here? Like which country we're going to invade first?" She grabs an apple and takes a loud bite from it as she sits and kicks her heels up onto the table. "Not nearly enough invading goin' on around these parts if you ask me."

When Eluvias looks her way, she gives him a saucy wink.


Female CN Elf Witch 8 | HP: 50/50 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F +5, R +8, W +9 | Init: +10 | Per +12, SM +9, Stl +15, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/3 | Active conditions: mage armour if combat obviously near

Amadeen cracks a smile at the comments about the insects.

Then draws the plate to her, takes a pinch...and brings it to her hip.

A well-crafted but nondescript leather pouch pops open, and the green claws of a scorpion emerge.

Amadeen drops the insects towards said claws and they are lazily seized.

She looks back to the others, while pinching more insects.

"Kailu here doesn't eat often, but he's got an appetite today. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if any of you fancied a few, but I don't recommend them.", she says cheerfully.

"And it's Amadeen in here, for you lot. Queen is a great title but I like to hear my own name here and there. Speaking of titles, have you newcomers had a chance to think about those? Or the old comers for that matter?"

She is keen to hear replies, as she continues to feed the scorpion at her side.


Female CN Elf Witch 8 | HP: 50/50 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F +5, R +8, W +9 | Init: +10 | Per +12, SM +9, Stl +15, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/3 | Active conditions: mage armour if combat obviously near

Considerable hearty cuisine and ale later

"...and so everyone agreed? *hic* Belladonna as the new Royal Enforcer, and Jethro as the new Counciler?"


Magus (8) CD (+17) W (0) HP (64) AC (29/21/19) S (10/9/10) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Lvl 3 (2/2) WF (1/1) AP (2/7) BAP (2/2) Initiative (+20)

Eluvias picked at his food. He could barely taste it. Even getting drunk had long ago lost any appeal. What he needed now was the corpse of a dragon, that and much gold. It was the only way to halt the curse. And these two warriors were stronger than he. Even with his magic he couldn’t keep up with the raw damage that they could do. Which meant that they were useful for his goals. He didn’t care what titles that received so long as they would fight.

”I have no complaints.” He said, forcing himself to smile. ”Welcome.”


0407
As you travel west along the coast of the Skunk River on your second day the sound of unintelligible cursing echoes through the woods. Just visible through the trees, a small wagon sits mired in the middle of a swiftly flowing river as the waters threaten to overwhelm its sides. Two ponies hitched to the wagon flounder in the swirling waters, close to panicking. Two more wagons sit safely on the far bank.


Male Human HP 52/52 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | F +8 R +4 W +7; | CMB +8 CMD 20 (18 FF) | Init +2 Perc 6

"So this position, is just talking to people to see what they want, right? And then telling them what's needed.", asks Jethro a couple of drinks in, the druid's already ponderous tone even further slowed down by the alcohol. "I think it makes sense, Miss Queen."

------------------

"Antlers, go!", shouts Jethro, struggling to disconnect his own wagon from the elk's harness. "Stay calm, we'll getcha out!", he shouts out, as he rushes towards the river bank. Standing on his mount at the edge of the water, the druid quickly glances at the murky tides.

Is the bottom of the lake muddy, or rocky? If muddy, Jethro will try and attach Antlers to the wagon so that the elk can try and pull it out. If it's rocky, there'll be some druidneck engineering attempted.


Halfling Barbarian HP 67/67 | AC 17/ FF 17/ T 11 | Per +10 | F: 11/ R: 6/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Rage: 2/14 | Active Conditions: None

Belladonna rides Sugar Loaf up to the bank of the river, but makes no move to help. In fact, she gazes at Jethro in some amazement as he leaps into action, and promptly pulls out a wrapped sausage in a bun to munch on as she watches what ensues.


The bottom is rocky but the water is moving fairly quickly. Nine injured gnomes try to calm down the ponies.

Handle animal or wild empathy check to get the ponies to work with Antlers. A DC10 swim check to stay composed in the water. A strength check by antlers with a +4 with the ponies help if they are calmed... Feel free to add in some engineering from Jethro to try and help... but this will be over in rounds one way or the other..


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human HP 52/52 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | F +8 R +4 W +7; | CMB +8 CMD 20 (18 FF) | Init +2 Perc 6

Druidic engineering excels at solving problems in little time!

Jethro slaps his legs onto Antlers' side as the elk makes his way into the water. "Tie the big elk to the cart!", he shouts at the gnomes, as he gently pats the pony's head before leaping into the waters himself. Plunging into the waters, the druid submerges his head inside, and a moment later, a slope of stone rises from the bottom of the lakebed. The wall of stone shields the carriage from the worst of the brunt, as the water is deflected to the side, away from the carriage.

"Aight! Antlers, ponies, go, go!", he shouts, smacking the ponies' bottom as he grabs onto the carriage. "Gnomes, hold tight!", he adds as the elk's massive muscles start pulling the entire carriage through the now calmer waters.

Rolls/OoC:

Swim, Antlers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Swim, Jethro: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Handle Animal, Jethro: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Str Check, Antlers: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 I added the Muleback Cords' bonus, but not the ponies' assistance. 31 if they help.

So I see that as two rounds in total? First to raise the wall, second to start pulling through the somewhat calmed and deflected river? I'm casting Stone Shape to essentially create a massive rock slope in the middle that deflects the river's brunt behind the carriage. It might slightly change the river's course, but the fluid mechanics checks out.


Female CN Elf Witch 8 | HP: 50/50 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F +5, R +8, W +9 | Init: +10 | Per +12, SM +9, Stl +15, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/3 | Active conditions: mage armour if combat obviously near

Amadeen almost acts, and then sees just how damn efficient Jethro is.

"I see he's the right man for the job, talking and all!", she quips, keeping an eye out for predators watching the stricken gnomes.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Magus (8) CD (+17) W (0) HP (64) AC (29/21/19) S (10/9/10) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Lvl 3 (2/2) WF (1/1) AP (2/7) BAP (2/2) Initiative (+20)

With few tools for this task, Eluvias stood back and watched the Druid take control of the situation.


The group watches as Jethro is in his element, nature and engineering overlapping, within seconds the matter is settled and everyone, as well as everything is safe.

Helmet askew and injured the leader of the gnomes introduces himself. "I am Jubilost Narthropple and this is my expedition. Thank you for you assistance. Might I ask who you are?"


Male Human HP 52/52 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | F +8 R +4 W +7; | CMB +8 CMD 20 (18 FF) | Init +2 Perc 6

Squeezing the water from his cap, Jethro slaps it back on his shaved head with a resounding noise. "Well.", he says, glancing back at Amadeen. "Reckon we're the High Court of Thorneholm.", he says, before rubbing a hand through his stubbly chin. "I'm Jethro, the Councilor." Patting the elk's side, the beast exhales a puff of warm air towards the gnome's face. "And this here strong boy's Antlers."

Pondering for a moment as the others cross the river bank, he clearly struggles to make conversation as he tucks his hands in his pockets, then squeezes them out. "So what's your expedition about, Mr. Narthropple?", he asks, turning towards the rest. "Miss Queen, I reckon if I had a couple of days and someone to grab some loose wood and logs from nearby, I can toss up a bridge through there.", he says, his attention clearly more focused towards the idea of making a bridge. "Ain't gonna be pretty, though, 'less I got more time."

He shrugs. "But I don't much think there's that much need for it f'r now, if there's only expeditions coming along this way.", he reports, before taking off his hide armour, trying his best to squeeze out the riverwater from it. Would, OoC, definitely not mind a Prestidigitation here!

2,401 to 2,450 of 3,473 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Emerald Kingdom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.