Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


12,101 to 12,150 of 12,164 << first < prev | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | next > last >>

"You will not be without assistance. First, the Eighth Knot will remain behind in Farholde while you investigate the site. They will backstop and support your efforts, and also ensure that anyone who tries to follow you and interfere with your work meets an unhappy end. With the Eighth watching your back, you'll be able to step forward with confidence.


"Second, there is another who may be able to aid you. Once a thriving cult of Asmodeus existed in Farholde. It was led by a half-elvish noble – the Baron Arkov Vandermir. He is treacherous and decadent, but wealthy and well-connected. Tiadora will accompany you to Farholde, and introduce you before she departs.

"I know not what aid the Baron can provide, but his family is old and long has dwelt in Farholde. Never trust him but know this – he’s afraid of me. And with good reason. If he does try anything remind him that you are in Farholde on my behalf. That should keep him in line.


"With this assistance, you should have little difficulty succeeding. Your mission is straightforward enough! Find the lair of the Sons. Find the seal and shatter it. Call Vetra-Kali back to our world. Bargain, trick, or bind him to your will and force service from the monster. And then bring his gift to me.

"Can you do this, my Ninth? Have I found servants with might and will enough to see this task done?"


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
"the Eighth Knot will remain behind in Farholde while you investigate the site. They will backstop and support your efforts, and also ensure that anyone who tries to follow you and interfere with your work meets an unhappy end. With the Eighth watching your back, you'll be able to step forward with confidence.

I would be more confident if they were well in front of me, we all were Invisible and had a surprise round ...


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

The smell of pine is very strong.

Cуровую dreams her dreams.

Tears of cold blood streak from her shut eyes. Her once frigid skin is painfully hot to touch.

She suddenly sits upright, pupil less eyes wide, she lets out an unearthly scream, but there is no sound that escapes.

The smell of pine is very strong.


Irin kneels beside the witch. "What the... Surovoyu Zimu, what have you done?"


She turns to Jax and Grumblejack. "Hold her and don't let her injure herself." She puts one hand on Zimu's forehead and closes her eyes. Then she opens them and looks at you. "Oh, and anything she might say? Is babbling and nonsense, the ravings of a mind disturbed. Pay it no attention, and in a little while forget about it." She closes her eyes and turns back to Zimu.

And that was actually a fairly powerful Mass Suggestion. So Jax_- and anyone else who is there -- please make a Will save.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

DM

Spoiler:

Will Save (please roll high) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

edit

Spoiler:

sexy


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

As she begins to utter arcane words...
spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Drens hackles suddenly go up, What are you doing and why are you casting that!

initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Willpower Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Dren bristles... and then loses interest. Babbling and nonsense, the ravings of a mind disturbed. He knows all about that. It's not important. Irin, that strange annoying person, can deal with it.

DC higher than 24.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Of course I will remember she cast a suggestion on me, just not why...she will pay for that or I will :]


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

-- Can the Judge see through Morsum's senses?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

If its higher than 24 then Jax can't possibly make it unless 20's count as auto-success. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

"You have my Lord. We will succeed or die. It is that simple."


Jax Naismith wrote:
If its higher than 24 then Jax can't possibly make it unless 20's count as auto-success. 1d20+4

Cha-based caster with a really really high Cha. What can you do.


Morsum wrote:

Will: 1d20+4

-- Can the Judge see through Morsum's senses?

That's an interesting question! I mean, you can, right? So then, how would his failed Will save affect you. Hm.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

DMDM:

Yup, we are in constant contact. I can only see through his senses for a few rounds a day, however, if he suddenly stopped talking or did not respond, I would think the Judge would realize something strange was happening and check in.


Judge:

Well... but in this case, the suggestion is "that's not important, pay it no mind". So it doesn't fall under not talking / not responding / other strange behavior.

Upon consideration, unless there's some clear reason for you to be piggybacking on Morsum, you probably aren't. And after all, there's plenty of interesting action going on up on the roof.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

DMDM:

Fair enough.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Baron Arkov Vandermir
Knowledge, Nobility: Take 10+8 skill = 18


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

"Sir, please pardon me but I have a question. What happened to Squire Timon, I belive that was his name, the lad from our test?"


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

We ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.....


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

That wasn't chianti.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

A nice bloodsauce reduction?


Edmin Al'Roth wrote:
"You have my Lord. We will succeed or die. It is that simple."

The Cardinal gives you a warm, paternal smile. He places one gloved hand on your shoulder. "Well spoken, my son. Your devotion does our Dark Father proud. And you shall be richly rewarded for it, come the day."


Edmin Al'Roth wrote:
"Sir, please pardon me but I have a question. What happened to Squire Timon, I belive that was his name, the lad from our test?"

The Cardinal chuckles -- a low, mellow sound. "Sir Edmin, your memory does you credit! Squire Timeon, after a brief period of spiritual confusion, has come to understand that a new order is coming, and that there is a place for him in it. He is currently assisting Mr. Pilkington with the administration of the household staff. However, he does have skills of a more martial nature that cry out for further development." He rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Come to think of it, I can pair him with Seeker Damon... once the Seeker has gone through his own spiritual readjustment." He glances over to where Tiadora is standing. She has one hand on the blue-robed Seeker's shoulder. His eyes are unfocused, and his mouth hangs slightly slack. "Mmm. Must make sure he lives through that... It's a long-term project of mine, Sir Edmin. Many adherents of this insipid Mitran faith will have to be converted to our wiser, sterner creed. Various techniques will be required.."

"But in any event, Squire Timeon is well. And may have a bright future ahead of him as a knight or junior gauleiter in New Talingarde."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Assuming we finally get up there, In order to succeed where the others failed perhaps we should be better prepared to take on this task.
We are a much more talented group but wouldn't it be better to try to ensure our success?
We have picked up some trinkets from the fools here but we could possibly use some help in ridding ourselves of the unwanted items and potentially procurring new items. Do you have any agents we might be able to take advantage of in order broker any of these items?


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

like the letters from the Banks that the CPR had!!!


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

No doubt, now that we have all patted ourselves on the back, time to get down to business...lol


Edmin Al'Roth wrote:

Baron Arkov Vandermir

Knowledge, Nobility: Take 10+8 skill = 18

+2 circumstance bonus for the time you spent in Farholde means you just make a DC 20 check.

You were vaguely aware of this guy when you were stationed near Farholde. (Farholde. Great, you're going back to Farholde. Will killing that bastard Dunnigan make the nightmares go away?) He has a slightly louche reputation, but you can't think of anything in particular. He kept kind of a low profile? Lives in a mansion on a big estate a mile or two outside of town.

The Vandermirs were firm allies of the Barcans. Got to keep their lands in the Victor's Amnesty. The Barcans are mostly a bunch of arrogant, inbred, obnoxious incompetents, but you don't know if that applies to the Vandermirs as well.

Edmin's attitude towards Talingarde's nobility ranges from "dislike" through "intense dislike" to "murderous hatred". Since you only vaguely know of Baron Vandermir, probably you default to "dislike". Knowledge (nobility) for you contains a certain element of 'understanding who I really want to kill most'.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin nods his head. "Yes sir. If it pleases the Cardinal, I would be willing to take on squire Timon and continue his training. He could be of use later as a Champion of the Dark Prince."


Irin, eyes closed and hand on Zimu's forehead, frowns. She mutters something under her breath. Then, "Stop."

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

You beat me to it.

Whoever is holding onto Cуровую is not having an easy time of it, her neck, arms and body are contorted in very ... disturbing positions.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

"Nalfeshnee"


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

This is what DM is mentally doing to Cуровую right now.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Bref I think I am about to get to play Jade Regent :(


Zimu only:

Well, then. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

holy socknozzles! just made it!


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

"Irin..what..what's going on with her?"

Know: Planes on Nalfeshnee 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


You got nothin'.

Irin leans back. Her face is pale, and she's sweating a little. "She... she ate something that disagreed with her."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

knowledge planes 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 oooh, so close....


Okay, gang -- getting ready to wrap up this arc. Balentyne has fallen. You have your next assignment. You'll be travelling with Sakkarot's army for a few days as you're going in the same direction.

The Cardinal is not going to hang around for long -- whatever he's using to spoof scrying has a limited time duration. So he and his posse will be heading out. If you have questions, requests or anything else to say to him, Irin or Tiadora, talk fast.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dren of the Dark Tapestry wrote:
knowledge planes 1d20+9 oooh, so close....

It wouldn't help. Irin enchanted you to ignore anything Zimu says, remember? So, your most likely response to "Nalfeshnee!" would be "Gesundheit!"


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'
Dren of the Dark Tapestry wrote:

Assuming we finally get up there, In order to succeed where the others failed perhaps we should be better prepared to take on this task.

We are a much more talented group but wouldn't it be better to try to ensure our success?
We have picked up some trinkets from the fools here but we could possibly use some help in ridding ourselves of the unwanted items and potentially procurring new items. Do you have any agents we might be able to take advantage of in order broker any of these items?

Just my original comment/question from above...


Dren of the Dark Tapestry wrote:

In order to succeed where the others failed perhaps we should be better prepared to take on this task.

We are a much more talented group but wouldn't it be better to try to ensure our success?

The Cardinal blinks as if this idea had simply not occurred to him before. "Do you really think my intervention is needed to ensure your success?" He shakes his head. "Look around at what you've accomplished. I can't imagine that you need me to hold your hand at this point."

Quote:


we could possibly use some help in ridding ourselves of the unwanted items and potentially procurring new items. Do you have any agents we might be able to take advantage of in order broker any of these items?

"Farholde is a respectable middle-size city. Also, the Eighth has a fine up-and-coming young priest who has proven quite acute in financial matters. While others were training in the martial arts or magic, he took the opportunity to study for a few weeks under our Mr. Pilkington. Unusually thoughtful for such a young man! One can practice sword-strokes anywhere, but truly great accountants are hard to find."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

All right, gang... since nobody else seems to have any questions at the moment:

DING

Everybody level up!


Looking ahead a little: assuming we continue to the next module, one or more of you should consider taking Leadership at 7th level. You can either use it to take Grumblejack as a cohort, or to gain control of an organization of evil minions -- small and weak at first, but growing in power as you level up.

Grumblejack is still an asset to the party, but by the time you're 7th level he'll be falling behind. If he becomes a cohort, he'll be able to add PC levels (most likely as a fighter), and he'll become your devoted follower (meaning you can play him). Otherwise he'll have to head off into the wild at some point, to take his chances as a wandering monster.

Minions... there's actually a whole game system for that. But putting it aside for the moment, let's just note that it's particularly thematic for an evil character.

Mentioning this ahead of time so you can think about it as you contemplate your builds.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

muahahahahaha my concept is complete as a level 6!!!


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

I would love to take Leadership, but I am sort of stuck on the vampire chain unless we get a bonus feat at some point. I definitely have the charisma, but could not take it until 13th level the way it is working at this point.

Of course, at 11th level, I could just dominate Grumblejack and have a puppet instead of a cohort.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

HP: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Morsum HP: 1d10 ⇒ 10

12,101 to 12,150 of 12,164 << first < prev | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.