Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


12,051 to 12,100 of 12,164 << first < prev | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | next > last >>

Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge looks up at the Cardinal glaring from above him, a confused look on the Judge's usually impassive face:
I am sorry your Honor. What is this? Why am I holding the Captain's ugly statuette?


You know, that was a good save to make. The Cardinal keeps Quickened Hold Person around for one sort of situation, and Empowered Flame Strike around for another.

(Would he do that? Yes, totally. The Lawful leader of a clandestine organization can't afford to have minions who are under demonic influence. "Burn out the rot before it spreads" is baseline.)


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

HUGE TOOTYH FROWN


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Hopefully he always values Dren's assistance to the cause...


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:


I am sorry your Honor. What is this? Why am I holding the Captain's ugly statuette?

The Cardinal looks at you intently. One eyebrow rises quizzically. "You tell me, Judge Quasangi."

He reaches out and gently takes the statuette from your unresisting grasp. "The Two Queens. Well, well. Captain Odenkirk... you silly fool. What a waste." He turns it over in his hands for several moments. "One's first instinct is to destroy it. A demon's hook on the mortal plane should be dislodged whenever possible. That said... placed in the proper location in the capital, this could make the Inquisitors even more righteously excited than they are already." The Cardinal frowns thoughtfully. "Of course, in a little while it will wake up again, and start trying to make mischief. Well, that's why we have..."


"...Tiadora. Be a dear and keep this for me, will you? Don't let anyone else near it." The Cardinal hands the statuette back over his shoulder without looking around. "In particular, don't let Doctor Zargo even see it. I'll give instructions for its disposal shortly."

"Sir." Tiadora, face expressionless, takes the statuette.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
The Eighth is Elise and her friends.

I know. But half of me read 'large portion of treasury gone missing' and I thought Pilkington's specialty, and half of me just did not want to give my dear wanton cousin credit.

Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Oh yes, dancing, eating fantastic food, going to great parties, sleeping between silk sheets and looking amazing in awesome outfits.

See, this is cruel. You kill Bref and Xen quickly and yet every time you do this I think a small piece of Cуровую shivers and then slowly dies. Its like an extended episode of fingernails on a chalkboard.

Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

Elise had one last order of Tourte aux Pommes et aux Poires with extra cream. She spends ten minutes eating it slowly and luxuriously with a little silver fork and spoon, occasionally pausing to close her eyes and sigh softly.

Meanwhile Elise, looking absolutely gorgeous in a red outfit that really brings out her color as she stands over the dead bodies, will peer into a mirror, adjust her traveling hat ever so slightly, and then frown as she notices a last bit of cream from one corner of her mouth. She will remove a silk handkerchief from the dead man's pocket, dab the offending speck of dairy matter away, and then, turning herself invisible,

If she ate that much Tourte aux Pommes et aux Poires with extra cream the past few months how could she possibly look 'gorgeous' in a red outfit.

Do yo know how many calories are in those things?

Also DM has been doing home work. Red is the new color in Hollywood.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

The Cardinal turns away from you and looks out over the flames that are devouring Balentyne.

The Cardinal turns back from the flames. Half his face is lit by their dancing glow, half is in darkness.

I think in DM's mind this minute description passes for a clue.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
It couldn't last, of course; with such aggressive recruitment, so many new members so fast, the new cult would inevitably be exposed. And so it was!

I forgot the Yutak had a history with the mother of monsters but I remembered the Seventh Knot was in the capital but again I did not know they were using the cult of the mother.

That's helpful information.

I do remember that message from the capital, but I thought that was something that connected to what we found in the captain's cabin.

There was also a special message delivered by raven from the capital right?

Correspondence we found in the captain's cabin, if Cуровую manages to wake she will definitely bring this up to the cardinal.

Spoiler:
Correspondence: the Captain was surprisingly meticulous. (In general, while the cabin is dark and foul-smelling, it's also neat and orderly.) Most of it is stuff of a commercial nature. There are three letters, though, that are different.

The Captain was getting mail from someone about his relationship with the Cardinal. The sender -- let's call her "Lady" -- clearly knew who the Cardinal was! She names him as Cardinal Thorn, not Mister Horn the merchant, and at one point refers to him as "the master of Devils".

Lady seems to view the Cardinal with amused contempt; she writes that "we know already his goals and his servants, and the Mother's eye is already upon him. He will serve without knowing it, and so roll down his narrow rut to his destruction. The blade that will bring him down has already been forged."

And speaking of blades: the Captain's last letter to Lady must have been sent after he knew of his mission for the Cardinal, but before he met you. Lady's last letter instructs him to carefully describe the movement of people or goods on his ship "as you have done before", and to particularly watch for "a man with a black sword made of no known metal. The sword will be magical; it may speak or sing, or more likely shriek. Do not harm the man, but watch him most closely; if possible, gain his confidence and learn what you can about him."

Lady congratulates the Captain on his good service to their mutual mistress and on additionally pledging himself to the Two Queens -- "trust me, dear friend, they are ever vigilant and know well your value". Lady also claims that the Kraken is a daughter of the Mother (this apparently in response to a question from the Captain on this point). She also congratulates him on the capture of a party of good-aligned adventurers who had been troublesome; apparently, some evil power sent a storm against them, and the Captain arrived to finish them off. Apparently he wasn't supposed to keep Nimpy alive, though; her last letter advises the Captain to "hold nothing back, but give all to the Mother who has given so much to you".

Lady's letters are unsigned except for an odd little glyph that looks vaguely like a narrow face with three eyes.

The reason to call her Lady: the Captain was writing her a letter (left tragically and forever unfinished, alas), and he calls her by that name. The letter, you'll be interested to know, includes meticulous and detailed descriptions of every one of you. (It's clear that the Captain was suspicious of you, but in the wrong way; he thought you were bringing some sort of bad luck or curse along.) As to the mysterious Black Sword Man, the Captain writes (this must have been just a few days ago): "One of the Passengers does have a Black Sord. I do not know if it is the right Sord thogh, it does not speake or Sing. The man is very Ordinery althogh he likes to Talk, which does not Please me, you know I do not like Talkers. I am not Trying to gane his Confidense, this is not my Way. First Mate Yngvi was good in this Way but I kild him last Week, he deservd it for being a Coward." Later in the letter he returns to this point, as if a bit sorry to disappoint Lady: "If you want something Kild I am your man, I do not like making friendes with People, especialy Talkers which I hate."

Or perhaps she and Jax should speak to Irin privately first, especially about the mentioned blade.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Jax Naismith wrote:


I hadn't expected to meet you here, Irin.

Irin gives you a sidelong glance. Is that the faintest hint of a smile at one corner of her mouth?

That's enough small talk you two, you have the commanders room, one of you should be singing 'let's get it on'.


Cуровую зиму wrote:


If she ate that much Tourte aux Pommes et aux Poires with extra cream the past few months how could she possibly look 'gorgeous' in a red outfit.

Do yo know how many calories are in those things?

She has put on exactly four pounds. Fortunately, on her they look great! And riding, shopping, long walks along the parapet with handsome suitors, and lots and lots of dancing have kept things from getting out of hand.

Red with matching gold accessories. Apparently the North had a surprising lot of wealthy men willing to just buy jewelry for a beautiful woman! Who knew.


Cуровую зиму wrote:

every time you do this I think a small piece of Cуровую shivers and then slowly dies. Its like an extended episode of fingernails on a chalkboard.

Well, it's not easy for her either, you know. Just think what she's walking away from! Wealth, elegance, luxury, ease. And she'll never find another hairdresser like that one! Never, never. When they sack the city, the bugbears will roast him alive and put his head on a stake... such a waste. Such a tragic, tragic waste.

A single tear of self-pity rolls down Elise's cheek as she rides away into the night. She dabs it away with the murdered man's silk handkerchief. She must be strong. For the others, she must be strong.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Does she need to make a ride check to see if she falls off?

Where did that arrow of Slaying the Wolf-that-misses fired land again?

Really this is a situation where my dear tart of a cousin literally murdered the baker, got her cake and got to eat it too.

And she probably got her choice of magic as well.

I hate her.


The Cardinal turns back to you. "Sir Edmin, for this next part of the mission, you are --"

And just then the last surviving Seeker, who has been lurking behind the parapet courtesy of a Spider Climb potion, lunges over the parapet and stabs the Cardinal.

1d20 ⇒ 17 flatfooted... ooh hit!


The blue-robed Seeker has stabbed the Cardinal with... an arrow. A white arrow with odd runic-looking markings on the sides.

Yep, the garrison had one more of those left. Those hundreds of hours Magister Tacitus spent poking around Triple Empire sites? This sort of thing is why. -- Also, this is a surprise round, so nobody act yet, please.

Behind the Seeker, Brother Gregory -- the last survivor of Father Dunnigan's five acolytes -- clambers over the parapet. He has spent most of his spells already (buffing the Seeker for his desperate attempt), but he will help him, or die trying.


Initiative for the Cardinal: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Tiadora: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Team Good:1d20 ⇒ 7

Hm... it's possible that one of you could beat the Cardinal's initiative, but let's say for the moment that he acts first.

The Cardinal looks down at the white arrow protruding from his shoulder. Then he looks at the Seeker and the acolyte.

Then he raises one black-gloved hand and carefully peels off the black kid leather glove. (The hand beneath is elegant and neatly manicured -- the hand of an aristocrat or a gentleman.) He reaches up to remove the arrow.

The blue-robed Seeker lunges at him to attack. "Chut!" says the Cardinal, and reaches out and taps him gently with his bare hand. 1d20 ⇒ 19


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Time to pull out destruction or Harm? :]


The Seeker stands unmoving, arm raised in mid-strike. His face is twisted in an expression of desperate defiance.

"That was brave," says the Cardinal, "brave, and intelligent. No point in trying to escape, so better to take out the enemy leader. Well done." He leans down a little, to look the Seeker in the eye. "What's your name, my son?"

There's silence for a few moments. The Seeker doesn't move, and his face remains twisted in the same expression. But then the Cardinal nods, just as if he had replied. "Damon. Very good, Damon. Now, as you can see, Mitra has failed and abandoned you. A new age is coming to Talingarde. We stand at its terrible, wonderful dawn. A red dawn. Would you like to be a part of this new age, Damon? Hm?" The Cardinal puts his gloved hand on the Seeker's shoulder. "Come, my son. You are brave, but you want to live. I know! And you have much to live for.

"It's going to be very easy, Damon. Just repeat after me. 'I abjure bright Mitra, and all his works, and cleave with all my heart to dark Asmodeus. His is the one word of truth.' Come, now."

There's a long silence. The Cardinal stares the Speaker in the eyes. He does not move, but even from yards away you can feel the force of his dark and terrible will. Seeker Damon twitches. His face slowly contorts as if under some immense pressure. Tears leak from his eyes. "I... nnnaaahhh... I... abjure..."


With a cry of utter horror, Brother Gregory leaps forward. He is armed only with a dagger, but he drives it into the back of Seeker Damon's neck with all his might.

Coup de Grace against a helpless foe: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7 So, that's a DC 17 Fort save. Does the Seeker survive? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


The knife cuts through Seeker Damon's throat and he topples over, dead.

"Oh, really," says the Cardinal, showing (for the first time since you've known him) just a bit of irritation. He lashes out with his bare hand and seizes Brother Gregory by the throat. 1d20 ⇒ 15 That provokes an AoO...1d20 ⇒ 5 yeah, Brother Gregory doesn't even know what hit him. He's just waving the knife sort of randomly in the air. "You people," says the Cardinal, lifting the priest off the ground, "you people with your ridiculous pieties. When will you learn? Why must you make everything so hard?"

Brother Gregory gasps and squirms and tries to claw at the Cardinal's hand. Something bad is happening to him. It's not asphyxiation -- the Cardinal has only been holding him for a few second. But his face is turning black and he seems to be... shriveling, somehow.


"Watch this," says the Cardinal softly. "No, don't die. Not yet! I want you to see this."

The Cardinal takes a deep breath, and then turns to face the corpse of Seeker Damon. He breathes slowly out, exhaling a pale blue flame. The flame floats softly, silently across the dark air to where the blue-robed Seeker is lying in a pool of blood. As you watch, it seems to sink into his body. The knife wound in his neck closes. The Seeker stirs, then moans.

"Tiadora, take him in charge," says the Cardinal without looking at her. Then he turns back to Brother Gregory. "You see? You have accomplished nothing. He will serve. And so, silly little Gregory... so will you." The Cardinal seems to flex his arm.

Brother Gregory makes a horrible, horrible sound. He tries desperately to slash at the Cardinal with his dagger. 1d20 ⇒ 3 The knife drops from his nerveless fingers and clatters on the stones of the roof. He convulses once, massively, limbs flailing. And then he dies.

The Cardinal releases him. The body flops to the stones -- thud. It is grotesquely blackened and withered: Brother Gregory looks like he has been dead for weeks and half mummified.


The Cardinal shakes his head and begins putting his glove back on. "Raisa, my dear? If you have a moment?"

Raisa rushes forward, staff in hand. "Yes, sir! Yes Lord Cardinal! Yessir!" She raises the staff and then pauses. "Uh... Lord Cardinal, sir? Any, uh, suggestions?"

The Cardinal blinks, momentarily bemused. Then he smiles. (It's not a very pleasant smile.) "Well, my dear, he was hungry for glory, wasn't he? So, hungry let him be."

"Oooh, good one! I mean, sir, yes sir, Lord Cardinal!" Raisa turns and makes a complex gesture with the staff over the late Brother Gregory's dead body. Then she hauls off with it and, two handed, brings it down with a crack on the corpse. "Hey, you! You, you... stupid person! Get UP!"


And for the second time this evening, a dead body rises from the stones of Balentyne to walk again. But Brother Gregory is something different... he is hunched and slouched, and the bones of his skull seem to have partly melted and flowed into a long muzzle. His mouth falls open, revealing a mouthful of grotesque fangs. "Wha... I..." His voice is a harsh, grating rasp. "I... hungry. So... hungry."

The Cardinal flaps a hand dismissively. "Yes, yes. You'll find plenty to eat down below. Raisa, you have new responsibilities. I trust you will live up to them admirably."

"Oh, yes sir! Anything for you... sir! Yes, Lord Cardinal!" You have the feeling that if Raisa could wriggle all over like a puppy, she'd be doing it.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

While the local wildlife has been succumbing to the will of the Cardinal, the Judge stands back up and watches. He takes particular interest in Raisa's undead creations.

Quietly to himself: Hungry, yes, so hungry.

Once more the Judge licks his lips and looks down at the blood slowly and wastefully draining from the various corpses on the top of the tower.


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:


Quietly to himself: Hungry, yes, so hungry.

Once more the Judge licks his lips and looks down at the blood slowly and wastefully draining from the various corpses on the top of the tower.

Heh. -- Undead are Knowledge (Religion), so if you're curious you could roll a check or two.


"Where was I." The Cardinal massages his temples for a moment with one gloved hand. "Ah, yes. Sir Edmin, you are in command for this next mission."

Sir Edmin only:

The Cardinal's voice speaks inside your head. And if Judge Quasangi shows any signs of lingering demonic influence, kill him immediately. He's useful, but we cannot tolerate security risks.


Cуровую зиму wrote:


And she probably got her choice of magic as well.

Just because she had great outfits, delicious things to eat, and rich men lining up to admire her and give her stuff, does not mean she had "her choice of magic". She often had NO choice, but had to take whatever magic item was offered her. Don't be unreasonable.


"I sent the Seventh directly from their successful mission in the capital to their next assignment, in the West, just outside the town of Farholde. Their mission was... archeological, you might say."

"Farholde should be a backwater of no real significance, a small trading city around a defensive military post, Talingarde's watchtower on the edge of the Caer Bryr. A border town, looking west towards nothing but trees and savage woodsrunners. And yet, it has an odd reputation. Evil things, of one sort or another, have been finding their way to Farholde for a long time now. Blood-drinking witches, cultists of the Dark Tapestry, night-stalking murderers... over the years, Farholde has seen far more of these unpleasant things than one might expect for a city of its size. It's almost as if something draws them there.

"Something does."


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin salutes salutes The Cardinal. "As you will, my master."


"Hidden within the Caer Bryr is a site of deep and ancient evil. In that place, for many centuries, there stood a temple once occupied by a particularly loathsome death cult. They called themselves ‘The Sons of the Pale Horseman’, and they were a blight upon this island for many long generations.

"Almost a century ago the first Darian king -- Markadian I, called the Victorious -- overthrew the Horn and destroyed the Sons. No great loss, honestly. But what the Victor found within the temple... ah, that is why we are here. For it was the lair of an powerful and malevolent fiend, a daemon prince called Vetra-Kali Eats-the-Eyes. Long they battled, and many of Markadian's followers fell. But in the end, the Victor was victorious once more. Still... so terrified of this monstrosity was the king, that he had the priests of Mitra craft a great silver seal to forever forbid the daemon from returning to our plane of existence. The seal remains to this day.

"I have learned the truth about this daemon prince. I have learned what the Victor feared. Vetra-Kali is an arch-deacon in service to the Horseman of Pestilence. This immortal monster could create a plague so virulent that it will bring Talingarde to its knees. This nearly happened! When the Victor attacked, the Daemon Prince was close to unleashing his masterpiece upon the world -- a pestilence known as the Tears of Achlys.

"I already have agents in the great cities of this kingdom. With this pestilence, they will deliver blight and death to the very center of the realm. Caught between the twin storms of the Fire-Axe and Vetra-Kali’s gift, we shall bring ruin to Talingarde.

"This gift is what I sent the Seventh to search for. This gift, you shall bring to me."


"It will not be easy. I have already lost one band of followers on this errand. I sent the Seventh Knot to find the lost lair of the Sons of the Pale Horseman. At that, they succeeded. Their last message stated that they had found it, and gave a rough location. It is concealed within a great spire of stone less than a day’s ride from Farholde.

"But then they vanished. I have heard no more from them since. Scrying shows nothing. Divination magic suggests disaster, with most or all of them dead or worse. They had an experienced ranger with them, one who knew the Caer Bryr well, so no normal hazard would defeat them. Perhaps the site is guarded -- either by some lingering remnant of the Sons, or by wards left by the Victor, or by some evil that has been drawn to that place of ancient evil, or some other force entirely. I cannot say.

"But it matters not!" The Cardinal clenches one gloved fist, and his eyes blaze with intensity. "Nothing will stop us! The Tears of Achlys must be mine!"


"I am undeterred by this setback. Where one knot failed, two will succeed. I will also send my Eighth Knot –- the Knot Hibernal, led by Elise Zadaria. Both of you have proven your competence. Together now, you shall carry out my will.

"Ninth Knot, I task you now, jointly and severally with the Eighth, with travelling to Farholde and into the Caer Bryr beyond, finding the ancient lair and citadel of the Sons of the Pale Horseman, and calling forth the daemon prince Vetra-Kali."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Has Irin healed Cy at this point? I don't think I received a response to my questions regarding her state.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge smiles at the mention of Farholde. So many years spent there, so many condemned to the most brutal punishment allowed under the weak laws of Talingarde. To unleash the evil that was always lying beneath the veneer of good. Yes, this would be a most enjoyable result of returning to the town from which the Judge was sent to Branderscar.

Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 <-- about the undead (nope, I gots nothing)


Dren of the Dark Tapestry wrote:
Has Irin healed Cy at this point? I don't think I received a response to my questions regarding her state.

Waiting on some PM correspondence with her. We may have to fast forward a bit, then rewind to catch up. Let's see.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Me either.


Okay, so -- sounds like everybody is cool with the Cardinal's plan of going to a nexus of ancient evil that's already eaten one Knot in order to summon a daemon prince so that he can unleash some sort of nightmare mass-death plague thing upon the kingdom, all in friendly cooperation with your totally trustworthy chums of the Eighth. Well all right!


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Of course the Judge is okay with this. He isn't really the nicest of people in case you had not figured this our yet.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

To be fair, knowing that an empowered flamestrike or worse is waiting for us if we speak up with something like, To be honest I think I am done with the whole team evil thing. Think I am going to go it on my own. makes us a little more motivated to stick with it. So yes Dren is up for it :].


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Dren and Jax are occupied with Irin :).


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Just because she had great outfits, delicious things to eat, and rich men lining up to admire her and give her stuff, does not mean she had "her choice of magic". She often had NO choice, but had to take whatever magic item was offered her. Don't be unreasonable.

I ... I ... how is that even funny!


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Jax Naismith wrote:
Jax presumably has finished perusing the commander's room at some point and heads to meet up with the others; likely getting stopped on the stairs by Dren, Cymu and Irin.

Jax!

What did you find?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Dm, did Jax find a green-bound book in the Commander's room?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
"I am undeterred by this setback. Where one knot failed, two will succeed. I will also send my Eighth Knot –- the Knot Hibernal, led by Elise Zadaria.

That will prove very painfully problematic.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Okay, so -- sounds like everybody is cool with the Cardinal's plan of going to a nexus of ancient evil that's already eaten one Knot in order to summon a daemon prince so that he can unleash some sort of nightmare mass-death plague thing upon the kingdom, all in friendly cooperation with your totally trustworthy chums of the Eighth.

I have a TON of questions, can I ask by proxy?

Edmin or someone conscious could ask

How do we coerce/trick a daemon prince to work for hell?

If this plague is that powerful, what protects us?

If there are forces/guardians/wards left behind powerful enough to defeat the Eighth Knot, if we defeat them, what if even one escapes to tell the tale and all of Talingarde swoops down on us as we try to break the seal?

What do we do to bring the daemon prince back into this world break the seal? What stops it from just killing all of us?

Once we somehow get this masterwork disease, what happens to the daemon prince, isn't he free to go about his own designs, which could be very well in conflict with the plans of hell?

Cуровую and Elise have some family issues, perhaps you could order Elise to make no move against us?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

The commander had leads from the halfling and Commune and found out all about us.

The uber cardinal backed by hell and very capable ladies can't get even a small reading off this nexus place even with specific information that he knows of the Eight Knot and none of you are curious/worried/concerned?

Can't we be assigned to kidnap the princess and go shopping? Where is that mission?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

The mission is occurring at the Dark Tower where Irin prophecies a lot of S~%& will go down between the 7th, 8th and 9th. Caer Bryr rears its ugly head. Doug, Can Cimu and Jax make Knowledge checks on this information now, assuming the rest of the party tells them this information in the future? Know: Planes +7 for: "Sons of the Pale Horseman," "Tears of Alchys" "Arch-deacon daemons," "Vetra-Kaeli," and the Horseman of Pestilence.

Cimu, can you see what cimu knows about Caer Bryr and Farnholde?


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

I just randomly picked the town as an out of the place town where a really old judge could have held sway and manipulated the system for his own benefit for years. From DMDM's description, it sounds as though I was pretty dead on with the town I chose.


Jax Naismith wrote:
Dm, did Jax find a green-bound book in the Commander's room?

The Commander's room:

Quote:

Opposite the door on the wall is a large oil painting of a beautiful woman. She is holding a book and looking up from it; behind her, two trees bloom with pale golden blossoms, their branches intertwined. There is a small wooden stand in front of the painting; it has a large, massive book and a small lamp.

However, Zimu pitched her fit right about then, so you didn't have a chance to look at the book.


How do we coerce/trick a daemon prince to work for hell?

"I have faith in you, my Ninth."

If this plague is that powerful, what protects us?

"You have proven yourselves most cunning! I do not doubt you will find a way."

If there are forces/guardians/wards left behind powerful enough to defeat the Eighth Knot, if we defeat them, what if even one escapes to tell the tale and all of Talingarde swoops down on us as we try to break the seal?

"Every plan must adapt to the unexpected."

What do we do to bring the daemon prince back into this world break the seal? What stops it from just killing all of us?

"That's certainly a potential concern, I agree. You'll need to work out a solution."

12,051 to 12,100 of 12,164 << first < prev | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.