Call Forth Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Aku Warashi

You hear in his dying breath whisper “The shining sun has seen the wickedness you hide in hearts. And thus it will be the son who brings your doom.” then he dies.

Loot; Dramatis Personae; Battle Map

Evil Lair. Modifications


2,451 to 2,465 of 2,465 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

I have rope, that is it.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound sighs and tries rigging some kind of litter to roll the tiger onto.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Mysty keeps an eye on the tiger while hound continues his preparations. If it stirs, she'll tap it with her sap. (non lethal damage)


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

"Alright. Shall we get moving?" she asks the others. "So what is the plan for this thing when we get to the horn? We will need a way to restrain or contain it. If not, the creature will have to be put down. "

-Posted with Wayfinder


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

The boggards will no doubt be very impressed at it's defeat. I doubt we could get it up the stairs though, we would need to move or release the Slurks and Tazelwyrm if we want it in the caves,

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Well mighty lord of the boggards, how about we build a new cave for that one? Let´s look through this cave again though. Don´t want to miss something. Perhaps we also can find some more clues on how to tame that beast.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Dragging such monster thru a dense and inhospitably forest was indeed a feat worth of the bards of old. Didn't help that, said tiger would wake up, start to howl and try to break free of its bondages more often than not.

What was a bit more than one's day worth of travel, turned to be almost a week of dragging and fighting the huge predator down to the horn. Once there, the only thing left was how to keep the tiger in the horn, and where to keep it.
It's easy enough to get some chains and keep it to a particular room, just tell me where you want it to be. I'll move the game shortly afterwards.

The time they stayed away, nothing much happened, no new notes or warning from farhold, but one thing was certain, the boggards did get happy with the problem of the predator solved.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

So, anyone here know charming magic? We'll need to keep it fed and perhaps even communicate with it making it understand that it will be beholden to us until we finish the ritual.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

The big cage under the pit trap is the best spot. mysty suggests.

Maybe we can negotiate with it so it gets a better deal. Or release it to kill attackers if the level is falling


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

"Releasing him to attack might be harder than it sounds...we'd need a way to release him from a distance. Chains, a pit or a room he is too big to escape may be the best bets."

-Posted with Wayfinder


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

How much time do we have left for the ritual? Hmm..Having an undead do the unchaining might work. So either the cage or the caves, have the boggards toss in meat.

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

The occasional adventurer might do the trick. In times of need, we could also let him loose on the countryside. A tiger stalking their silly fields and eating peasants is a nice terror.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

That guarantees it running off unless controlled, you saw how it fought us while being dragged back.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound weighs his options and chooses the main entrance to the caverns. Ejecting the Slurks and Tazelwyrm into the wildRun wild and free! He gets sturdy chain and chains the tiger, making sure it has enough slack to reach the whole cavern. He then notifies the Boggards to use the water exits from the horn and to toss meat to the tiger.

Can anyone magically conjure food?

He does ask Hears-the-Father if he can magically communicate with it.

Does my Helm of Comprehend Languages help?

He also makes sure that the harassing of the tiger is kept to a bare minimum .

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

The tiger seems better than the slurks and the Tatzelwyrm. I would love it when adventurer groups would end up there somehow and feed the tiger. Fresh meat if you know what i mean.

There´s a magical item for that. Some collar. Might make a good animal companion for someone^^

2,451 to 2,465 of 2,465 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Call Forth Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.