Call Forth Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Aku Warashi

You hear in his dying breath whisper “The shining sun has seen the wickedness you hide in hearts. And thus it will be the son who brings your doom.” then he dies.

Loot; Dramatis Personae; Battle Map

Evil Lair. Modifications


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,465 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

That sounds like a good idea, we can secure the horn and place the lure for the trap.

Hound will get some minions working on spreading misinformation.


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

"Very well. We shall get to work then." Cecelia says with a nod.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

With due haste, thugs and cultists are dispatched to Farhold, to spread lies in an attempt to influence the band of adventures keen on attacking the horn. They sing a tale of a successful boggard raid on the upper levels, having them-frog-people gathered all the shinnies and tanking it to the caves where the boggard tribe lives.

They know it not if their efforts paid off, and because of that, they wait, guarding the third floor entrance, while keeping a close eye for the caves as well.

1d20 ⇒ 7


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

We'll stay near the third floor and keep scanning the area, the only spot they can enter is the garden with the undead treant. If they strike the caverns, we will go through the secret door in the ritual runes to take the stairs down. Mysty, would you be willing to stay in the caverns and keep an eye out? If they enter there, you can come up the stairs and yell for us to come down. If they strike at the third floor, we'll yell down the strairs for you. Hmm.. Or tug a rope that we have tied together.


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

"All this yelling? Isn't this why we bought signal horns. One for the first floor. Two for the second floor, ect, ect... " Cecelia remarks with a slight smirk. "But other than that, not a bad plan."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Yes, I forgot about the horns, we can have ourselves and the guards blow the horns. The stairwell and thrones can help us move around quickly.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Deciding the best option was to divide the group to cover more fronts Hound and Mysty head down towards the caves, while Cecelia, Grumblejack and Bizan? stick to the third floor, armed with signal horn to allow some measure of communication.

Enemy Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Horn Thugs perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

==//==

Unnoticed by any of the sentries in the second floor, Tasker Twelve-Knives moves up the stairs reaching the metal door that currently blocks the passage.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
He fails to notice the trapped floor near the door, It's a manual activation trap that can be triggered by one of the thugs inside, as he moves back to report his findings.

==//==

Traya’s band.

”Place is been tampered with, ya know?” the half-orc says ”there’s a big ass metal door on the way, and I reckon some standing right behind it. It’s just because of my skills that Imma eble to sneak around.” he says boasting about his own feats, maybe trying to get any response from the seductive woman in the party.

Traya DeMarco roll her eyes at the half-orc attempt and says ”Cut the crap. The diary says there’s a hollow column inside the temple on the second floor, that should lead us to the innermost part of this place and I bet the emeralds will be there.”
”And dinnae ye forget ‘bout any richies ta be found.” the greedy dwarf completes

”The emeralds is worth more than you can possible imagine!” Traya continues with her eyes sparkling and the red-skinned man only observes the things.

”I reckon the entrance is guarded, ye know, but doesn’t seem to have any trap, but that door will be a pain to open.” the half orc says.

”Fear not, Tasker, if you fail, my magic will not.” Traya teases the man.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

@All

The hours pass and thru the long wait, no sign of any enemy, until the horn sounds warning you of an enemy attack! Two loud notes, indicating the second floor is under attack!

Intentions?


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Cecelia sarcastically mutters, "Of course..."

Closing her eyes and muttering a red light shimmers over her before disappearing. Opening her eyes, she grip her mace and shield tightly and begins heading determinedly towards the second floor. "Time to give our visitors a proper welcome." she comments back to the others.

Casting Shield of Faith. Did you guys modify the spiral so that you can exit on the second and third floor or do we have to go down to the caverns and then up to the second floor?


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Huh. Looks like you still have to go to the caverns and then up.

Hound nods to Mysty. Wait for them or head out to find them right away?


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2
Cecelia Wentworth wrote:
Did you guys modify the spiral so that you can exit on the second and third floor or do we have to go down to the caverns and then up to the second floor?

There’s a teleport system that connects the first, second and third floors. You only need to go to the caves if you want to go to the sanctum and don’t want to fly out of the third floor’s entrance. You go down to the caves, and climb all the spiral which gives you access only to the sanctum, but no to the first, second and third floor.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Which once again confirms that the map designer screwed this whole thing up

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Mysty grins
another plan comes together. It would be nice if one would work

She thinks a second.
let's head to the throne room on two, and gather information from our followers. We'll lay an ambush.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Since we're in the caves, this means either going outside and up the stairs or heading up to 3 and exiting the secret door that was added in

Hound will give Mysty a lift when they head out.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hounds runs up with Mysty on her shoulders with a battlecry of WOORUNZBARTATAUN!


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Moving Seren and Nahia out of this combat;

Fearing that this might be a just a distraction, Nahia and Seren moves to the Sanctum to prevent anyone from attempting to disrupt the ritual.

Any word on Bizan? @Cecelia, you’ll be paired with Grumblejack.
Cecelia finds herself surrounded by uncertainties, having everyone else moved away, to their own devices, leaving her with a Grinning half demon ogre to defend the second floor. She moves with haste, jumping into the throne room, shouting the secret word.

On the second floor, she hears sound of minions running about, shouts and yells of pain and death, not so far away, a battle is happening, and by the looks of it, the thugs protecting the place are not the enemies match.

Check the file: Evil Lair, You are currently on the temple on the second floor, and the enemy is pushing their way thru the death trapped corridor (not without damage to themselves). Also, don't forget any short term spell you might want to cast.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Hound, the big silent guy picks up the tiny Mysty and starts to run towards the exit, and then to the second floor, trying to flank any would be enemy.

It’s a short but frantic run as he climbs the stair, several steps at the same time, to find the second door entrance breached, and trail of blood leading inside, from there, he needs to decide what will be done.
Let’s just assume, that if you guys want, Cecelia and Grumble, Hound and Mysty can ‘get’ to the enemy at the same time, flanking them as you wanted. Also, don’t forget any short term preparation.


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

"Er...right..." Cecelia says, somewhat nervously, as Nahia and Seren fly away and leave her with only the ogre for back up. Looking him up and down, she sighs. Well...If he's all I have, I better keep him alive..... Quickly, she casts the same spell on him that she had previously cast, causing a protective shimmer to surround the ogre. "Well, lets go then, Grumblejack," she declares, trying to sound more confidant then she feels.

Upon arriving at the second floor and hearing the sounds of combat, she pauses for a moment. Placing one hand on her chest, she closes her eyes and mutter the incantation of a prayer to Asmodeus or any other dark entity that might see fit to aid her. Feeling a swell of power in her chest, her confidence grows and she marches towards the fight with her mace and shield in hand.

Casting Shield of Faith on Grumblejack (+3 Deflection AC) and Divine Favor on myself (+2 attack and damage). I had previously cast Shield of Faith on myself too. Feel free to delay my arrival if that was too many rounds.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Ogre

”Hah! Finally Grumblejack can have some fun!” the ogre says grinning taking point after Cecelia used her spell.

I’ll wait a bit for Hound and Mysty


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

I will email Mysty and Bizan.

Hound huffs as his legs propel him up the stairs, fuming about the shoddy intel they had gotten. Must make it easier for us to get around. As he nears the scene of battle, he draws his greatsword and let's the fury of his blood bubble up inside of hom. HERE WE GO! WAGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Start rage

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Yippee! mysty yelled out, as hound picked up the pace. As they moved she cast enlarge person on hound, and he swelled to large size. Then she cast magic weapon on her dagger. When they both neared the scene, she flipped off the hulking warrior, landing gracefully. Her weapons at the ready.

spell enlarge person:
This spell causes instant growth of a humanoid creature, doubling its height and multiplying its weight by 8. This increase changes the creature's size category to the next larger one. The target gains a +2 size bonus to Strength, a –2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum of 1), and a –1 penalty on attack rolls and AC due to its increased size.

A humanoid creature whose size increases to Large has a space of 10 feet and a natural reach of 10 feet. This spell does not change the target's speed.

All equipment worn or carried by a creature is similarly enlarged by the spell. Melee weapons affected by this spell deal more damage.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

The group moves to intercept the invaders option to engage then on the death trap corridor. With the help of the minions shooting arrows from behind the walls and the traps blocking their way.

The invaders

Round 1-

Ordered Initiative-

Cecelia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Hound: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Mysty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Grumblejack: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Enemies: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Active Effects-

Map-

Link

Notes-

-

Narrative-

Traya, Init 20, Round one
”This can’t go on!” the woman in red yells as she prepares to deal with the enemies, now blocking their way. She would have pressed on, but now she decides to clear the retreat path, targeting the largebarian behind them.
Fireball Reflex DC 19: 7d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 6, 3, 5, 2) = 27 Targets: Hound and Mysty

==//==

Tasker, Init 20, Round one
”Aye, too damn annoying.” Trasker says running back, towards the exit.

==//==

Hassan, Init 20, Round one
”I got you coreved.” the man says retreating while covering against Cecelia and Grumblejack.

==//==

Posca, Init 20, Round one
”There ain’t no riches dat way.” the greedy dwarf says but then complements ”but ain’t worth dying on an ambush.”
He casts a spell, moving backwards. Magic Circle against evil.
You turn, intentions?


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Cecelia frowns as she looks from the narrow hallway to the very large ogre in front of her. Time to see if this beast has any grasp on the concept of strategy. "Grumblejack? You can fly, correct? Try to keep above them. I am going to need a clear path to approach, if I am to aid you in combat."

Hoping the ogre heeds her advice, she cautiously approaches with her shield and weapon at the ready. She frown for a moment as the woman in red hurls a fire ball towards Hound and Mysty. However, that frown fades as she gets an idea. Muttering an incantation, a sonic force seems to swirl out from Cecelia towards the enemy. A clear force slams into the ground near the woman and the dwarf and spreads outwards. With a wicked smirk on her face, Cecelia declares, "Silence woman!" as all sound disappears from the surrounding area.

Casting Silence on the ground (20ft area). I can't draw the area on my phone, but the goal is to get the two casters in it, so that once Hound moves forward they will have to either move into his range or move further from the exit to cast spells.

-Posted with Wayfinder


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

HP 70/97 (82/109 when raging)
AC 18/12/18 (17/11/17 when raging) +2 AC vs Good
Saves F10/R5(7traps)/Will 5 (F12/R5(7traps)/W7 When raging add +3 against spells, spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities. Cannot be a willing receiver of spells even from allies) +2 AC vs. Good
Base BaB +7/+2
Weapons in hand:Greatsword
Rage 1/19
Current effects:DR 1/-,Rage(+1 Dam -2 AC 3d6 base damage with sword)

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Hpund moves up and stabs with his sword at the first foe in reach
Power attack, rage,enlarge: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 282d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 2) + 15 = 19


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

The thugs, continue to attack the party using the arrow holes created on the death corridor, using their bow to help the evil lords deal with the invaders.

”I wanta a piace of the hot one!” thug# says looking at the half dressed woman in red.
Atk Thug #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 5

”I knew! Yer a f#&, you want to big red guy!” the other one says
Atk Thug #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Atk Thug #2 Critical?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Dmg: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

”Shut yer mouth and shoot!” the third one yells.
Atk Thug #3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 4

And the last one, quietly attack focusing on his task.
Atk Thug #4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 2


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

We just need the knucklehead minions from earlier here.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 Mysty adroitly avoids the fireball.

oh, hot stuff!

She then advances forward.

4 squares move forward. I'll adjust map in an hour or so when I get to a computer

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

I received Hounds mail, thanks for that. Can i join in to the fight? Sorry for absence, newborn babies shake the world quite a bit^^Heads up for that map name, it´s a good laugh!


Ogre

Due to her own nefarious motives, Bizan arrived late to support her newfound allies, but what matters is that she arrived, one way or another. Panting and gasping for breath, the woman stops her sprint just closer to Grumblejack, which as soon she gets near, takes flight laughing and diving into the corridor.

”Grumblejack never ate red skinned un’s. How do they taste like?” he says whooping in the air and bringing down his gigantic hammer on the head of the red skinned barbarian, covering the retreat of the enemies.

Atk (higher ground): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Dmg: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 5, 1) + 10 = 19

And even tho the man tries to sidestep, the attack, he gets hit by it.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

The invaders

Round 2-

Ordered Initiative-

Enemies: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Cecelia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Hound: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Mysty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Grumblejack: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Active Effects-

Map-

Link

Notes-

-

Narrative-

Knowing now they can’t flee without first defeating the defenders, Traya group prepares for battle.

Traya, Init 20, Round two
The woman tries to warn her allies of the dangers, but no sound escapes her mouth and for a split of second, she has no idea what’s happening until she sees the other woman, behind them holding her holy symbol.

Then she walks towards the red skinned man trying to leave the silence area, but stops once she can’t without exposing herself to yet another big danger in form of a flying half demon ogre.

==//==

Tasker, Init 20, Round two
”Aye, supper damn annoying.” Trasker mutters but hearing no sounds, as he gets up close and personal with the big person in front of him.

Atk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Atk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

==//==

Hassan, Init 20, Round two
”You picked the wrong fight beast.” the man says as his eyes glows red in fury and he steps in to attack Grumblejack.
Atk: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Dmg: 2d4 + 18 ⇒ (1, 1) + 18 = 20

Atk: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Dmg: 2d4 + 18 ⇒ (1, 4) + 18 = 23

==//==

Posca, Init 20, Round two
”We cannae let them get away with ta riches boys” the greedy dwarf says moving towards hound which provokes an AoO chanting and casting a spell.

Concentration: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

But the spell fails offering no harm to Hound.

You turn, intentions? Bizan, you may act as well.


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Current AC: 23 (Base 22, +3 From Shield of Faith, -2 From Charging)

Seeing that Grumblejack needs aid, Cecelia charges forward toward the frontlines. She quickly chants a few words and grabs Grumblejack by the ankle, as healing energy shoots up his body and starts to seal his wounds.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (8, 6, 7) + 7 = 28 Using 1/day quicken ability

Without taking a moment to catch her breath, she keeps hurtling towards the red-skinned man, swinging her mace towards his chest with all her might.

Mace Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 22 +2 Divine Favor, +2 Charge, -2 Power Attack
Mace Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 4 = 14 +2 Divine Favor, +4 Power Attack

Feeling her body rush with adrenaline and her mind filled with purpose, the worry and sorrow that usually plagues her mind seems to be temporarily put aside. Who knew violence could be such a...comfort...

-Posted with Wayfinder


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

HP 60/97 (72/109 when raging)
AC 18/12/18 (17/11/17 when raging) +2 AC vs Good
Saves F10/R5(7traps)/Will 5 (F12/R5(7traps)/W7 When raging add +3 against spells, spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities. Cannot be a willing receiver of spells even from allies) +2 AC vs. Good
Base BaB +7/+2
Weapons in hand:Greatsword
Rage 2/19
Current effects:DR 1/-,Rage(+1 Dam -2 AC 3d6 base damage with sword)
Don't you only get one action, Cecelia? you cast then attacked

Hound's blade lashes out at the dwarf a he tries to cast
Greatsword: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 243d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) + 10 = 19

He then attacks the dwarf once again, recognizing him as a spellcaster
Rage,Greatsword,Power attack,enlarge: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 242d6 + 16 ⇒ (1, 6) + 16 = 23

Rage,Greatsword,Power attack,enlarge: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 112d6 + 16 ⇒ (1, 3) + 16 = 20

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Mysty throws flame at the dwarf, casting past the mighty grumbejack

firebolt: 1d20 + 10 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 4 - 4 = 10 cover and in combat, touch attack

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

GRRR!! WOOOF! WOOF!

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Bizan comes up behind Cecelia directing a stream of blue flames towards the woman called Traya...

Empowered blue flame blast touch attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 3012d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 6, 5, 4, 4, 6, 3, 1, 1, 1, 5, 3) + 10 = 52
Accepting 3 burn for 21 NL damage

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

wow! Colour me impressed


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

I smell BACONNN!!!!!!

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Don´t be too impressed, it´s only doable ~3 times a day and takes a huge toll, that nonlethal damage is not to be laughed at. Personaly i also would prefer a bit more utility over damage spikes, it´s better for roleplaying.


Ogre

Blood and burnt flesh, that’s the smell permeating the death trap hallway created by the ingenuous mind of one of the earlier protectors of the place, the dark Knight Lady Rose.

”Another magik un’!” Grumblejack laughs when he receives the healing magic as he continues his attack on the red-skinned barbarian.

Atk: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Dmg: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 10 = 14


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Hound’s greatsword proved too much to the greedy dwarf, when the dwarf tried, against his best interest, join the melee and disable the biggest enemy. Little did he know that Hound was just waiting for such thing, being extra resistant to magic than most out there. The now gigantic greatsword cut a path, the air hissing the sword descent into the dwarf, not once or twice, but three times in rapid succession, but by the second blow, the dwarf was already disabled, the last hit being just the nail into the coffin.

The invaders have no time to understand what really happened, when a blast of fire shoots out from behind the half devil ogre, burning and scorching the unfortunate target of all that flaming hate.

Traya, that always prided herself for being resistant to mundane fire, died in a pyre of fire.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Grrrrr!


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

The invaders

Round 3-

Ordered Initiative-

Enemies: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Cecelia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Hound: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Mysty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Grumblejack: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Active Effects-

Map-

Link

Notes-

-

Narrative-

Tasker, Init 20, Round two
”I’m outta’ere” Trasker mutters moving away from the enemies, trying to flee for his life.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

But so scared as he was, the messed up pretty bad, allowing Mysty and Hound to take advantage of it; You guys have an AoO against him.

==//==

Hassan, Init 20, Round two
”I’ll kill you!!” the man howls in rage, ignoring Cecelia and Grumblejack, charging blindly into Bizan, that had just killed his friend.

Move, which provokes AoO from Grumble and Cecelia, and attack on Bizan
Atk: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Dmg: 2d4 + 18 ⇒ (3, 4) + 18 = 25

But he doesn’t stop there, as the sword continues its momentum targeting the flying ogre above him.

Atk | Great Cleave (on Grumblejack): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Dmg: 2d4 + 18 ⇒ (3, 3) + 18 = 24

But Cecelia’s protection spell, was enough to stop the sword momentum, as it strike the ogre.

You turn, intentions?


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

HP 60/97 (72/109 when raging)
AC 18/12/18 (17/11/17 when raging) +2 AC vs Good
Saves F10/R5(7traps)/Will 5 (F12/R5(7traps)/W7 When raging add +3 against spells, spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities. Cannot be a willing receiver of spells even from allies) +2 AC vs. Good
Base BaB +7/+2
Weapons in hand:Greatsword
Rage 3/19
Current effects:DR 1/-,Rage(+1 Dam -2 AC 3d6 base damage with sword)

Hound lashes out at the thief

Greatsword,rage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 313d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) + 9 = 21


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound strikes out again
Greatsword,rage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 193d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 9 = 18
Greatsword,rage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 233d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) + 9 = 21

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Aahhhhhhhhhhhh! Bizan cries out in pain as the malicious adventurer strikes her with his sword. A cut opens on her body and blood runs out, steaming hot blood and smoke.
Fire in her eyes, she steps back as a crackling swirl of flames forms around her, gathering between her hands as she hurls a stream of fire against the man.

5 foot step, gather power move action

Empowered flame strike: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 236d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 2, 2, 1) + 10 = 31

You want to kill me? You will burn in hell!

Status:
Damage 25, 21 nonlethal = 44/90hp

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Mysty moves slightly to one side as the adventurer blunders past, and stabs with her rapier.

rapier: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Current AC: 25 (Base 22, +3 From Shield of Faith)

Cecelia swings her mace towards the man's back with all her might as he tries to pass her.

Attack of Opportunity
Mace Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 17 +2 Divine Favor, -2 Power Attack
Mace Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 4 = 15 +2 Divine Favor, +4 Power Attack

Turn
Seeing the man fleeing down the hall she shouts to the others, "Run after him. Don't let him escape!"

Seeing that Bizan has been injured, she quickly lets out a wave of positive energy, despite the obvious physical discomfort it causes, before turning ot deal with the remaining combatants.

Channel: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 1, 2) = 12Using Quick Channel feat to burn 2 uses to channel as a swift action.

If the man is still standing after Bizan's blast, she'll strike him. If not, she'll take the run action towards Hound and Mysty.
Mace Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 18 +2 Divine Favor, -2 Power Attack
Mace Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 + 4 = 19 +2 Divine Favor, +4 Power Attack

-Posted with Wayfinder


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

The rage in the barbarian’s eyes burned high, and then faded, as the burnt and beaten body of the man falls to the ground, the promises of revenge all but meaningless. Trasker fate wasn’t any better, as Hound chases him down and cut with this sword, while Mysty stabs and ends the man’s life.

Gz, out of combat.

Searching the deceased, and the following loot can be found.

Loot:


  • 5 potions of cure moderate wounds
  • 2 vials of holy water
  • 12 daggers (of various styles)
  • 1 fullplate
  • 1 heavy mace
  • 1 light crossbow with 20 bolts
  • Fine jewelry woth 250gp
  • Golden bejewelled holy symbol worth 500 gp
  • 1 +2 dagger
  • 1 masterwork dagger
  • 1 masterwork studded leather
  • masterwork thieves tools
  • 1 +1 furious falchion
  • 1 masterwork breastplate

Intentions?


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound puts his hands on his knees and sucks in several breaths as he comes down from his rage. I guess I was wrong, we did invest well in this place. He rolls over the dwarf. The intel was wrong though, we need to keep better tabs on the town.

Hound adresses the troops that helped repel the attack. Good job! Stay alert while we dispose of these, we don't know if there are more of them. As the bodies are hauled away he scratches his chin. We need to get back to town and find out where they were staying if anywhere, erase any evidance of their presence.


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

"Any survivors?" Cecelia asks, as she checks the bodies of their fallen enemies and checks her allies to see if they require medical attention.

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,465 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Call Forth Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.