Call Forth Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Aku Warashi

You hear in his dying breath whisper “The shining sun has seen the wickedness you hide in hearts. And thus it will be the son who brings your doom.” then he dies.

Loot; Dramatis Personae; Battle Map

Evil Lair. Modifications


2,151 to 2,200 of 2,465 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

When they arrive at town, Hound will send word to The Baron that they will need some more minions and mercenaries hired. Along with dogs and a trainer who can teach them to bark when they smell Moondog.

Our..allies as they are stay at an Inn nearby. He pauses and looks at Nahia. Perhaps we should keep our new members secret for now? Best to have an advantage.

He looks over the Lucerne hammer and notes it would be a fine replacement but is lacking the funds.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

That wand of invisibility would be a great addition to our party loot... Hopefully we can nip it before it is gone.

Cecelia:

Nahia nods at girls suggestion of whisky, stepping into the room and placing the bottles upon the floor. Putting the others away in her satchel, she instead pulls out two crystal glasses and pours each of them a drink.

Taking a sip of her whisky herself, she nearly goes into a coughing fit as Ceclia speaks of being unprofessional. "No, see, that is what I am talking about. We are amongst each other, fellows of the knot and servants of the Cardinal. Now, when we are not talking about, are acting on, a mission, is not the time to be professional."

Taking another sip, Nahia adds "Not being trusting... I can understand that. I've been betrayed... and honestly, I've betrayed too... hell, ultimately, it's what landed me in Brandescar..." She kind of stares down for a moment. "But as for shutting everyone out? Locking yourself down as some cold b@&#%? Well, the way I see it...." she grins as she swirls and sniffs the drink in her glass. "... the way I see it, if you decide to shut yourself out of life like that, then they've already killed you... Or might as well have, at least."

Leaning back against the wall, she doesn't give Cecelia a chance to respond before continuing. "The killer isn't living, it's that naive part you mentioned. I know people are manipulative, deceitful, and out for their own gain. But those people are useful too... You can trust very, very few, and usually only about specific things. But when you find them... that trust is worth it. And as for the others... well, if you can't stay one step ahead, then make yourself useful to someone who can."


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Nahia:

Cecelia stares deeply into her glass, now filled a second time, as if it might hold some kind of answer for her. "Killed me already? Maybe they have...." she murmurs to herself as Nahia continues talking.

Continuing to drink, she quietly listens to Nahia, observing her with hazy eyes. As Nahia finishes, Cecelia's mind slowly catches up and begins to process her words. Getting a confused expression on her face, she asks, "Branderscar? That doesn't make sense. You're not dead..." She contemplate for a moment and then lets out a chuckle. "Or maybe you are. Maybe we both are...and this..." Cecelia gestures to the dungeon around them "...this is what hell looks like." Cecelia leans back against the wall and drinks the rest of her whiskey, thoroughly buzzed. Turning to Nahia, she gives her a shrug and a sideways smile, "Not so bad..."

"So, figure out the people you can trust? Manipulate the rest?" Cecelia considers for a moment. "Seems fair. Have to try it out."


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Cecelia:

Nahia laughs at the comment about them being dead. She exposes her slender right wrist. At first, nothing seems out of place, but then a scar, the runic F of the Forsaken. "Go ahead, feel it if you don't believe me. Myself and several others, with the help of the Cardinal, not only escaped, but slaughtered everyone inside, and burned that place to the ground. The impossible is usually not, given the right effort and willpower."

Taking another sip of her drink, she continues "And really, all of that is just a survival strategy. My real point, is that your life is too precious to spend closing off any of your wants. And I know you want friendship, closeness, intimacy..." She trails off for a moment before continuing "I know this not because of any slip up in your coldness, but because I know that you still have a soul. And all of these things are good for the soul as good food is for the body."

She finished her glass and pours herself another. With a grin she adds "So no, we're not dead... but if we keep drinking like this, in the morning we're going to wish we were."


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Ran out of time this morning and forgot to address Hound's comment.

Cecelia gives Hound an inquisitive look when he suggests keeping her and Bizan a secret from their allies. "They are not to be trusted?" Or perhaps it is us that they don't trust? Hmm. Regardless, probably better not to press the matter...right now...

Nahia:

Cecelia runs a thumb along Nahia's scar. "Forsaken...Proof of those who have betrayed Mitra..." she mutters, as if reciting. Sighing, she adds, "Mitra does love marking those who refuse to bow before him, doesn't he? My mark is perhaps more subtle...but painful nonetheless..." Rubbing her cloudy gray eyes, she continues, "From me he took the sun itself...So that I should live each moment of my life as a dark and overcast day..." After a long pensive moment, Cecelia finally speaks again. "So you burnt their prison to the ground and killed them all?...Good. They deserve nothing less."

Nahia's remark about the morning is a sobering reminder. She looks down at her empty glass, as if finally realizing how much they have been drinking. "Damnit...I told myself I wasn't going to do this anymore..." Placing the glass down on a nearby table, she mutters, "Yes. It might be best if we stopped...Hopefully the others didn't take that whole 'First thing' comment too literally..."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Trusted.hm...I have never really spoke with them so I do not know how trusted. Nahia knows them better. I feel that they will do what is required as pet the agreement with our patron.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Cecelia:

Nahia nods as the girl describes her punishment at the hands of the Mitrans. "I'm not going to lie, you got the worse deal out of the two of us. But hey, so your vision is dark. You can still feel the warmth of the sun on your face, the grass on your bare feet, and wind blowing in your hair."

She takes another sip of her drink and continues "Not that I'm saying you shouldn't stab out the eyes of every member of the Mitran clergy with something both dull AND red hot. I'm just saying that there are still plenty of great things to enjoy in the dark."

Nahia pours more drink into Cecelia's glass and then reaches into her satchel, pulling out a vial and tossing it at the girl. "You really think someone with my skills and eccentricities would let herself be stopped by a simple hangover? Drink this in the morning and you'll be fine. And don't worry about it, I make this stuff by the jug."


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Cecelia's eyes flicker back and forth between Hound and Nahia, trying to read the situation. "Well, if you feel it better to keep my presence a secret, I will trust your judgement." Deciding to test the waters, she continues, "However, perhaps it would be best if I knew their names and where they are staying...in case of an emergency?

Nahia:

Cecelia lets out a long, melancholy sigh. "I suppose you are right...But for me, the dark has mostly just meant me and...uh...this" Cecelia raised a hand and pokes at her temple a few times."....Not the most enjoyable company. Like you said, I can be a real b~$~%...."

When Nahia, begins pouring another drink, Cecelia looks at her uncertainly, "Are you sure that's a good idea..." However, her period of protest is short, "Eh, whatever..." Catching the vial, she asks, "What is this stuff anyway? It looks...sort of familiar." Sliding so far down the wall that she is practically lying down, she holds the vial above her head. "Looks kind of like the stuff this old woman used to sell out front of this kind of shady looking apothecary in Matharyn. Mother always said we weren't allowed to go there or I'd end up a hussy like Morgana Cottingwood. Morgana was a girl in my class, by the way. We were both thirteen. Guess b+%&! runs in the family..." Cecelia begins laughing. "Ended up going there a few weeks later...not my choice....I was actually pretty miserable the whole time, so terrified we were going to get in trouble...but Cedric just HAD to know what was there...." Cecelia's voice cracks and trails off and her laughter stops completely. After a long, uncomfortable moment of silence, Cecelia shifts so that she is sitting upright again and attempts to change the subject.

"So...uh...how'd you end up in Branderscar anyway?"

Go home Cecelia. Your drunk ;)


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

I don't think Nahia went with the party, just to clarify things.

Calliver Green, this gently sloping hill is amongst the highest points south of the Scardynn delta and has become home to the wealthiest residents of Farholde. Access to the Green is blocked by a small private guard post. Without a pass granted by a residents, access is not allowed.

For obvious reasons, the party of villains decides to use the secret access to the baron’s manor, to avoid attracting attention. As usual, when entering the place, the first thing one notes is how opulent the place is. The place is richly adorned and has almost everything one could ask for pleasure.

Once inside, you are greeted by the manservant how did he knew you were coming? which promptly greets you. ”Welcome back esteemed guests. I’ll prepare room for the newcomers. Lunch is being prepared. However, I regret to inform the master isn’t at home currently.”


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound nods to the servant. Very well. Hound gestures to the newcomers to follow.

Once n their room he speaks some more. The Baron can purchase supplies for us if we give him advance notice about what we want. If you have the money and need for anything, make a list.

Hound writes down his request for men and dogs in a general way so any knowledge of the Horn is not present.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Cecelia:

Nahia takes a sip as she shakes her head slightly. She then takes a moment to stare intensely at the girl. "Huh, it's been a while since I've seen someone who felt so guilty. I never implied you were a b~!&@. What I implied, was that you were being too formal. And you've been very enjoyable company so far, even if you're not a hussy."

The way she talks badly about herself... and that uncomfortable shift in the conversation... is this Cedric who she feels guilty about? I'll have to remember that...

Nahia reaches into her satchel and pulls out a thin basket that is actually taller than the satchel itself. Immediately a faint smell of fruit and earth can be detected. She reaches inside the basket and pulls forth several wrinkly, purple-brown masses. "There are several names for these: Brain mushrooms or turban fungus most commonly. They're usually found underneath evergreens, especially late winter or during the spring."

She takes one of the mushrooms and sniffs it before giving it a small lick. "If not properly treated, they can cause stomach and brain problems, even death. But dried under the right conditions and boiled with the proper herbs, and they can be quite the little mental restorative."

She grins as she holds the mushroom out as an offering. "Want to try a bite?"

Feel free to sample it or not. : )

Nahia's normally snow white face is reddening more and more as the drink starts to take hold. But she grins especially wide at the question about Brandescar. "You know, you're the first person to ask me about that since I broke out? Well, to answer the question you asked, which was 'how I ended up there', I was set up by a business partner of mine. Instead of him meeting me at a drop off, the knights and guard showed up and there was no way I was getting out of that."

Reaching into her satchel, she takes out a wedge of cheese and a knife. As she continues she begins carving slices from it, offering some to Cecelia. "As for what you probably meant, which is 'what I was convicted of', well, I was ratted out for kidnapping and slave trading. And when they took me in they also realized I was a murder suspect."

"Now, those things don't normally warrant a trip to Brandescar... but most of my kidnapping and slave trading were nobles, squires, or young clergy. And the murder was of a Baron and his prized hunter. That, apparently, makes it enough to become one of the forsaken."


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Cecelia thanks the servant, but eyes him somewhat suspiciously. Did the other send a message ahead? I didn't think they did... Cecelia shakes her head, Surely I am just being paranoid...perhaps tomorrow I should do less drinking and more sleeping...

Turning to Hound, she asks, "So we just write down what we need? Do you think he would be able to get us signal horns or whistles? I wasn't able to find them at the market." Beginning to write down on the sheet, she turns to Hound again, "How many do you think we would need to cover all the essential areas of the horn...and ourselves, of course.

Nahia:

Cecelia just waves a hand towards Nahia, as if to try and indicate that it's no big deal and she's not offended. However, she laughs at the second half of her statement. "Well you have been surprisingly good company yourself. I think I was expecting more mockery and less 'enjoy the grass on your feet and the wind on your face'" Chuckling, she continues, "Sorry to disappoint you, though. I may be a lot of things. A drunk. A traitor. Kind of a b$!$!...my words, not yours...." Pausing, she looks Nahia directly in the eyes with a stone cold, serious expression. "But never a hussy." After a brief moment of silence, her face spreads into a grin, revealing that she was only joking. Then, as if reflecting on her own childhood memories, she shakes her head and mutters flippantly, "Hussy...what the hell did that even mean? Like being attractive is somehow my fault...so better hide away or be unworthy of love..."

Nahia's offer breaks Cecelia out of her drunken ramblings. She stares hazily at the mushrooms for a second. Death or mental healing...sounds peaceful either way... Shrugging, she take one from Nahia and mumbles, "Sure, why not?" What good is a negative wisdom modifier, if you aren't going to get drunk and take random drugs from people you just met...Dare I ask what it actually does?

Cecelia listens intently to Nahia's story. When it finally comes to and end, she lets out another chuckle, amused by Nahia's cavalier attitude towards her crimes. "Kidnapping, slave-trading and murder. Is that all? I can't at all imagine why they wanted you in prison. How entirely unreasonable of them." Oh boy. I really am in deep now. Is it bad that I would take the company of a kidnapping, slave-trading, murderer over any pious Mitran in Talingarde? Her attitude is strangely....refreshing...and I haven't laughed like this in a while... Realizing that she has zoned out of the conversation and gotten lost in her head, she speaks up again. "So, did you kill him when you got out? The guy who sold you out?"


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

This is just if we are unable to meet with him. Keep your message basic with as little information that might towards the horn or our mission. Horns and whistles should be easy enough


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Cecelia:

I know, it's like being a teenager all over again! And actually, it doesn't do anything. It's been properly treated. If it hadn't been, you probably would have died of dysentery and kidney/liver failure while having bouts of vertigo, tremors, fever, delirium, and seizures. Check it out for yourself.

Nahia giggles as she puts away the rest of the mushrooms. "What I was doing was teasing. And why would I be a b%!+#? You've given me no reason to and there are so few in this world like us, it seems a same to push some one away in such a silly way. Even if I was frustrated at the happenings of the day."

With a heavy sigh, Nahia adds "And no, I haven't had time. Ever since Brandescar it has been from one mission to the next, or some kind of training. But I'll have my day, even if I have to pull his spirit from the afterlife myself. And when I do I am going to savor every last drop of his just desserts."

Suddenly smiling demurely, Nahia licks her crimson lips before slowly licking some errant whisky from the rim of the glass. "Hussy is a word used by women who realize that either either their looks, their personality, or both are not good enough compared to said 'hussy'. It is a word that originates from the fear of either 'debasing' themselves or being alone for the rest of their lives. So they come up with these makeshift morals to make themselves seem better than the hussies, so their husbands will somehow find it more attractive that they won't do all the fun things the hussies will."

Leaning back and against the wall, enjoying the cool stone on her skin, she closes her eyes and asks "And what of you? Any grand plans of righteous vengeance?"

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

It is important to remember our oath is towards each other, and to the the Cardinal. And to our god of course. Not to the other knots. But they can be trusted to some extent. Mysty holds up her thumb and index finger showing a small gap, indicating the extent of her trust.

hound is right. need to know is important, and he dosen't need to. But the market here is pretty good, so we do not need much help.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Quite, so keep your abilities secret if not yourselves.


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Cecelia nods, "Of course. I will keep the request as brief as possible." Do these people have any allies that they can trust? Once she has written down her request, she turns back to Hound. "So, should we be returning? I'd hate for the...er...visitors to get back before us..."

Nahia:

Cecelia sighs, "I knew you were teasing me...I just...I don't know...I reacted poorly. It really wasn't anything you did...or probably anything to do with you at all. I think I am just...working through some things...and some of the things you said...well..." She shakes her head, "It doesn't matter. It's time to move on from that...and I hope I remember that in the morning."

Cecelia frowns when Nahia explains that her betrayer still lives. "That's unfortunate. To know that such a coward is off living his life freely, while you live as a fugitive...it must be infuriating..." Feeling her fists clenching, she tries to ease the mood. "We could deal with that, you know. Right now. Just march over to his house...and..." she drunkenly flails the bottle towards the traitor's imaginary head. "Knock him out...tie him up...then he's all your to do...well, whatever you think is fair..."

However, Cecelia's good humor drops once more at Nahia's last question. "No...no plans..." she says with a sigh. Where to start? The one's who lit the fire? The ones who held her back from helping him? The friends and family that disowned him? "Don't think we have enough bottles...this plague we are summoning, though...that's a good start..."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

They seem to stay at an inn here most of the time. We might as well have lunch and see if The Baron comes back.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Cecelia:

Nahia shakes her head. "No, the disease, whatever it may be, isn't personal enough. It doesn't count. Our vengeance will come by your hand directly, in a form that we decide!"

Nahia finishes the rest of her glass, her words just starting to slur. "And no, I can wait. There are more important things to do. First, we take down the Mitrans and gain the authority that we rightly deserve. Then, we dole out vengeance."

Grinning, she continues "I'm not normally one to preach delayed gratification... but revenge is a dish best served cold."


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

"Your friends at the inn aren't the visitors I'm worried about...It's that damned dog. I worry what will happen if it should see our absence as an opportunity." Looking around the room, she sighs, "But I suppose it would be rude to leave if they are going to the trouble of preparing lunch for us."

Nahia:

"Alright then..." Cecelia slurs, "By my own hands it is...I just need to figure out who to has really earned the...er...honor...." Gesturing over to a pile of worn journals peaking out of her backpack, she explains, "I'll start making a list...but maybe tomorrow."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Well all of us can't just hole up in the horn non-stop. We need to resupply at the very least. I agree that it is a major concern and we need magic to reveal it's position and keep it from fleeing.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Cecelia:

Nahia glances over at the collection of journals and nods. "You'll have time. the Baron you're going to meet seems to never be home, so you'll be able to get all primped and proper just to see each other. Still, the food is good."

Nahia takes a deep breath and says "Speaking of tomorrow, we should probably get some sleep. The others should have my list of materials for scrolls... and hopefully some more honey..."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

one is dead. The other doggy can be made the same way. I don't think it will attack us in the market, to many others would be harmed.
Mysty purses her lips. Then smiles, a happy smile that lights her face.
I have just had a good idea. The moon dog is a formidable foe, with magic and such, but maybe we should attack the morality of it instead.
She waves her hands as she talks. it is "good". Which means weak, stupid. It will hesitate, even yield if its morals tell it too. We take some locals, preferably religious types, just a few. And use them as hostages versus it. And they would also be useful for she looks around to see none are near for our future goals alluding to he ritual.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

I could ask our 'basement workers' to find some. Hound replies to Mysty.We would need to keep them easily accessible.


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Cecelia still looks somewhat concerned as they wait around, "I don't think it would attack in the market, no. I am more worried that it will strike in our absence. It was Hound here who took the other one down and I worry how the others would fare in an attack without him there." Massaging her temple, she lets out a sigh, "But you are right. I am being overly anxious. We do need the supplies and I'm sure the little coward will need more time to regroup anyway."

Cecelia considers Mysty's suggestion, "The creature hasn't exactly proven honorable...but it must have some kind of self righteous hero complex to target you all so determinedly. Hostages could certainly make it hesitate...or even lure it to a very specific point, if it turns invisible and tries to rescue them...Yes...I think it could be a good idea..."

Nahia:
Cecelia just nods and drunkenly repeats, "Dress up...eat the food...got it", quite clearly beyond the point where she is responding coherently. When Nahia remarks that it might be time to go to sleep, the only response she gets is, "Mmmhmm", as Cecelia slides further down the wall and passes out, as if on command.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

My striking the killing blow does bring up a good point, if I am incapacitated, how well can you all deal with threats? A strong arm and willingness to take blows for those who do not fare as well in melee is important. Looking for ways to step up to the front line is important.


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

"I assure you, I have no fear of standing amongst those in the front lines. Unfortunately, my capacity as a strong arm is somewhat diminished when I cannot locate my enemy...Hopefully the scrolls Nahia mentioned can rectify that problem."


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Cecelia:

Nahia lets of a soft sigh as the girl nods off. "Lightweight..." she mumbles under her breath as she rises, a little unsteady, and walks over to the girl. She looks the girl over, seeing the little flakes of 'Mitran' about her person, even in the way she rests.

For a moment, the witch debates about entering the girls dream and seeing what resides deep inside her. But, given her own amount of drink, decides not to, especially given the possibility of attack soon. Instead, she lifts the girl, a little shaky on her own feet, and brings her to the bed, laying her down and pulling the sheet over her.

Before leaving, she places a glass of water and the Alchemical Kindness nearby on the nightstand.

With one final glance, the witch examines Cecelia, and then leaves for her own room.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

So I have left a note for The Baron on what we need. I have no particular need to go shopping or reveal our new members to the Ninth since as far as I know, they haven't been forthcoming on their secrets beyond making sure we know about any intruders. I have no objection if anyone wants to meet them though.

We have managed to acquire a significant amount of extra weaponry from the intruders that can be sold. Who usually handles disposing of such things?


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

After settling within the guest quarters, the knot decides how to proceed and opt not to visit Elise and tell her of the new allies, and since no one is willing to buy anything they decide to wait for their host to return.

It’s close to dusk, when the half-elf returns. From there, supper is prepared, bath and noble clothes prepared for any of the party who wants, and dinner is served.

Baron Arkov Vandermir is a handsome half-elf dressed in burgundy and white. He looks quite young, even boyish, but he is more than a century old. His eyes betray a calculating, wicked soul. Before the dinner start, you are attended by a formal butler and a small squadron of servants who offer you brandy and hors d’oeuvres. The brandy is sublime and the hors d’oeuvres are a selection of tasty little beef skewers and crunchy spicy crayfish puffs.

The man smiles happily when you arrive as he greets you. ”Welcome my friends, what a pleasant surprise!” Bluff: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (16) + 29 = 45


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Cecelia is beginning to grow impatient as they wait for the baron. However, once he arrives, and the clothes and food begin to be provided, she has to admit she is a little impressed. Remembering her time at Thorn's manor, she thinks, If nothing else, this type certainly know how to throw a dinner party...

Upon meeting the baron, Cecelia remain quiet at first. Realizing she forgot to ask the others if they are using aliases, she waits, trying to avoid calling anyone by name and hoping they introduce her first. However, once the introductions are complete, she quickly tries to shift her dour demeanor to that of a charming party guest. Giving the baron a curtsy and a smile full of feigned warmth, she comments, "So wonderful to meet you, my lord. You have a beautiful home."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Lol, like I could make that.

Hound introduces The Baron to their new members. We have some new members of our group, Cecelia and Bizan, our patron decided additional talents were needed.[b] Hound waits for introductions and skips the alcohol and eats a few of the skewers. [b]We have some requests for purchases and additional 'staff' needed. I believe you will want to wait until dinner is finished before we ask, correct?

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

45. Omg
he seems pleased to see us


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

”I’m quite pleased you liked my humble home.” he answer Cecelia and after introductions are make, dinner severed and enjoyed, the half-elf turns to business.

”It’s a pleasure to meet your new colleges on your endeavor out there.” he says lightly waving his hand towards the briar. ”I’ll make arrangements to prepare more acceptable quarters for them as well, instead of simple guest quarters.”

”But enough of pleasantries, let’s talk business. What’s it that you need me help with?”

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Mysty raises her fork with a morsel on the end and waves it around.more personnel, the makings of traps and the like, general supplies. Also information. We ran across some mitran warriors, disposed of, of course, but are there more of them?
she then pops the food in her mouth.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Recently we were assaulted by two creatures called Moon Dogs. One was slain and the other retreated which is very alarming since it has the ability to change it's appearance and can magically transport itself. A number of our 'staff' were slain so we need your assistance hiring more. Plus we managed to skin a Moon Dog and I believe having hounds trained to respond to their scent would be very valuable if you can locate a dog trainer.

We will also be selling some captured equipment from some soldiers who were tracking down Bizan along with a few other things.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

”That can be easily arranged.” the baron mentions after a small sip of his drink. ”I’ll inform Mr. Bergill to prepare reinforcements, but try not to expend them so fast. It is a limited recourse, as you may well be aware.”

Then he looks around and continue ”I can arrange the contact of skilled works if that’s what you need, but it falls to you to pay their fee’s, and as per our earlier agreement, anything of value that don’t have a conventional market, I would gladly help you with means of disposing it.”

The man gives some more trivial information about the status of things when he finally answer’s Mysty question. ”If is there more of them? I don’t know. Whatever you are doing there is attracting a lot of attention, and you aren’t being subtle about it. It’s only a matter of time before a inquisitor shows up, you’d better cover your tracks well.”


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Cecelia's whole body tightens at the mention of inquisitors. "Yes. I am sure they will come." Her expression hardening, she continues, "But we will be ready for them..."

I wonder if we have any spies in town... Eying the baron cautiously, she thinks, But now might not be the time to ask such things...


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Indeed, I suggest we lay low. No sending our forces to steal or destroy outside the Horn. As for the trainers, excellent.

Hound finishes his meal and sips a little whiskey.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Pushed forward a little because it didn’t see any other relevant topic would be raised.
Since no more requests seems to be forthcoming, the baron finally says ”It has been a pleasure to have you for dinner tonight, but I’ll retire to my quarters. The day was long and tiring. Please enjoy the meal and your accommodations.” and after that brief farewell, he leaves you to your business.
so, what now? Staying the night? Returning to the horn? Doing something else?


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound finishes his meal.If there is nothing else, we should return tot he Horn in the morning after making contact with those we wish as well as selling any excess captured gear.

Will get more typed up later, Hound will want to meet with the dog trainers and then head back to start doing evil organization checks


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

When the group returns to the Horn, Hound gathers the remaining and new forces and gives new orders.

Until further notice, efforts will be bent towards repairing and securing the horn, the boggards will not go out raiding but can still hunt. Secrecy and security is paramount so two man patrols at all times.

The hounds will be trained to bark at the scent of the moondog hides and positioned on the 1st-3rd floors at major thoroughfares.


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Cecelia thanks the Baron for his assistance and hospitality, but seems more than eager to get back to the horn and make preparations. Gathering up the signal horns the Ninth Knot already has, she hovers nearby as Hound gives his orders to the new troops. Still unsure of who is resposible for what in the Ninth and not wanting to step on toes, she quietly asks Hound, "May I address them directly?"

Assuming Hound has no issue with Cecelia talking to the new recruits:

Cecelia puts aside five signal horns for the members of the Ninth Knot and begins distributing the remaining horns amongst the recruits, trying to identify those who seem like lieutenants or who at least seem somewhat more responsible. Clearing her throat, she begins to address them.

"Ahem...These are signal horns. They are to be used on in the case of invaders or emergencies. False alarms will not be tolerated. If the emergency is on the first floor, you are to blow one short note. If you are on the second floor, you are to blow two short notes. On the third floor, you are to blow three short notes. That is one blow for first floor, two for the second and three for the third. Is everyone clear?" Pausing only long enough for the recruits to confirm they understand, she continues. "Now if the crisis is in the Sanctum, you are to blow one long note. If it is in the caverns, you are to blow two long notes. If invaders have been spotted outside the horn, you are to blow three long notes. That is one long note for the sanctum. Two long notes for the caverns. Three long notes for outside. Is that clear? Excellent."

Turning and thanking Hound, Cecelia returns to the background and allow training to continue.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

We'll give the horns to the boggards if there is trouble in the caverns, there is pretty much no interaction between them and the other guards.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia approaches the returning party, excited to sift through the materials they brought back for her. "Yes, these fireflies are fresh... and pure quicksilver, good, good..."

She begins stuffing the stuff into her satchel as she asks "So... how was the Baron?" Despite her (admittedly minimal) efforts, the disdain still comes through as she asks the question.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Stiff as always, he did agree to help us reinforce. We do need to lay low since we have made quite a bit of noise.


Female Human Oracle 7| HP 37/58 | AC 22 | T11 | FF 21| CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs emotion) | Init +1 | Per +6 | SM +6 | Bluff +13 | Dipl +15 | Intim +5 | Channel (4d6) 4/6; Quicken Cure 0/1 | Spells: 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 3/5
Active Effects:

Cecelia shrugs, "I don't know He seemed fairly civil and welcoming...all things considered." Deciding to test the waters a little she continues, "At least, you certainly seem to trust him more than your friends at the inn..." Continuing to try and fish for information, she turns to Nahia and half-asks, half-explains. "The decision was made that myself and Bizan are to be a secret to them."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

I do not fully trust them, they have upheld their duties but there has really been nothing to prove how trustworthy they are. Just the terms and punishments of the contract to keep them working with us.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia frowns at the report. "The Baron is a snake and an opportunist with no sense of dedication or loyalty. He is in this only because he sees profit in it. He would sell any or ALL of us out if given what he considers only a slightly better deal. Remember that..."

She takes a deep breath and calms herself as she retrieves her pipe from her satchel. "As for the Seventh, I believe their leader means well, but her crew can not be trusted, at least not by us. But the Cardinal saw fit to make them a Knot, so there must be something worthwhile to them."

Nahia looks away from the others to methodically pack her pipe.

Hmm... once again it comes to the question of 'Can we trust Elise?'... She's had plenty of opportunity to harm me if she wanted... Then again, she seems to have little regard for her companions at times... and there was that incident with Rose... But she's never asked anything from me. In fact, I've always been the one to start conversations about nature and winter and the tricks of our trade... But I also trusted Barnabus...

She finishes packing her pipe and lets out a deep breath before mumbling a few words in Aklo and summing a tiny fire sprite to rest on the end of her pipe. Letting out a thick cloud of smoke, she asks "So, I've got some spirits lined up to try and counter any invisibility we run into, and given these materials, I can have some scrolls ready tomorrow."

She sits on one of the chests of materials brought back, leaning on it lazily. "I was thinking, we should use songbook and have them cover over the cave mouth. We can close it over with some earth, rock, and plants and put a pool of water in front of it. Then the boggards can use a tunnel in the pool to come and go."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Songbook?

2,151 to 2,200 of 2,465 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Call Forth Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.