Broken Towers - the Tomb of Zhen Halfblood (Inactive)

Game Master JonGarrett


1 to 50 of 52 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Katapesh was a dusty nation on it's best days, and today was not the best. A harsh wind blew off the Obari Ocean, bringing along with it the desert sands in a constant, irritating stream. Even the high walls the surround the Temple Graveyard can't prevent it.

The Entrance to Zhen's Tomb is in a small orchard, young trees blowing in the wind but cutting down the dust once more. A pond serving as a source of water for the plants sits at the entrance. The Tomb itself is a heavy granite building, it's stone polished and shined but otherwise plain. The great slabs of stone are cut to such perfection that the building requires no mortar, and not so much as sheet of a paper can be pushed between them.

Standing guard at the entrance are two novices of Sarenrae, young initiates of the Temple still in the early days of their training to Paladinhood, and a familiar figure. Wrapped in robes and with only one arm, you recognize the metallic glint of his skin - Redemption.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

For a moment, Ayreth forgets herself and growls at the metal figure that was once their enemy, eyes and claws flashing. She takes a moment to recover her composure before greeting him. "Hello, Redemption, uh, sorry 'bout that. Would we be right in thinking that your presence here is not a coincidence?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"It is not a problem," the Ironborn replied. "Our last meeting was less than pleasant for anyone." The Oracle nodded his head after a moment. "Yes. My skillset means I am useful for such searches. I am a dedicated of Sarenrae. And I am familiar with the creature that infested me. Since this is suspected to be something he may have, in some way, been involved in I was asked to come."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

Ayreth claps her fist to her chest in salute. "Then I am glad for your presence. Have you found anything yet?" Ayreth, without consciously thinking, reaches for Selena's hand because of the emotion brought on by standing at the entrance to Zhen's tomb. I know he's gone, but still... I just can't believe.... He was so... Her thoughts trail off.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena squeezes Ayreth's hand in return, looking at the great granite tomb.
"Happy to have you helping us, Redemption." Selena smiles "You think that body-hopping bastard has to do with this, too?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Redemption shook his head. "Once we knew you were coming, it was decided to wait so no more contamination of the scene occurs. As for the Devil...perhaps. He has had his finger in a lot of pies, as it is said. This smells like the kind of thing he might have done."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

"Let us see what we find then." Ayreth heads into the tomb. "Were there guards before? And how was the theft discovered?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Heading inside, there is a stairwell heading down, lit by everburning torches. The walls are covered in pictures and scenes in the style of Osirion, depicting scenes from his life as an adventurer, leading down through his life.

"There were no guards, since it is built within the temple grounds, but the Tomb itself comes with certain defenses. They had been destroyed or disabled. It was Master Guthook who found the Tomb had been violated when he arrived to pay his respects before a trip." Redemption paused to look at the scenes on the walls before continuing down.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

Ayreth also looks at the scenes, mostly in a wistful, nostalgic way. "It's a beautiful tribute, in its own way." Some of the scenes she points out to Selena followed by a "Remember when Grampa Zhen told this one?" or a "Did you ever wonder if this one was all true?" She keeps her eye out for two particular scenes. The first is the day that she met him, wondering if that is chronicled here. The second is the last scene, curious as to how the story ends, at least as depicted here. Will it be Zhen on his last adventure, him on his deathbed, or something else?


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Certain defenses?" Selena asks, following Redemption and Ayreth into the tomb.

"Oh, as a kid I never even thought he would lie to me!" Selena laughs with Ayreth as they walk trough Zhen's tomb. "Grampa really did a lot of stuff in his life, eh?" the succubus smiles melancholic, looking at the tales of his grandfather's life.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Traps of various kinds," Redemption replied. "One of his friends is both a spellcaster and trapsmith of some skill. I believe he created a number of devices that existed in different times and places but were decidedly lethal here and now."

At the bottom of the stairs the scenes reach a more modern time. Pictures of Zhen and his family as he aged were present, along with the tales of his romantic partners. Zhen had several lovers through his long life, and outlived them. There resting place was also down here.

A total of four sarcophagi sit in the centre of the chamber. Three remain sealed, runes placed along the edge still present. On top of three of them equipment sits, undisturbed by the dust.

The fourth tomb is cracked, the granite shattered, the items atop gone. The four are surrounded by a glass like material on three side, with the fourth destroyed.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

"He sure did," Ayreth agrees with Selena before what Redemption said sinks in. "Wait, different times and places?" She whistles in wonderment.

The lover pictographs grab her attention. "One of them is your grandmother, and one is mine," she says in a hushed tone. Ayreth, pauses, looking up into the air, her eyes unfocused. She seems to be listening for someone to say something, but Thark is noticeably silent.

Ayeth shrugs, knowing that waiting will accomplish nothing and continues to follow Redemption down. At the bottom, upon seeing the tombs, she whistles again. "Someone really wanted in there, and in a hurry, I'm guessing. Let's make sure they didn't leave any nasty surprises for us."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Per: Traps: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The only traps you can find are the ones Redemption mentioned. They flicker oddly, making them difficult to notice, and your eye refuses to focus on them. You do notice two interesting details - that the glass like material is very certainly not glass, and that it may have been broken from the inside.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

"Most of the gl... wait, no, not glass. What is this stuff?" Ayreth picks up a small piece, holding it up to the light. "But most of it is on the outside. As if someone broke out, not in! You don't think... there are wards against necromancy, aren't there?!" She directs the question at Redemption. "Especially after the incident at the temple?," she tries to phrase it gently despite her stress.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast Detect Magic.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"I hope that wasn't the case..." Selena bites her lip at Ayreth's question "Maybe they teleported in there and then broke out?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"The Tomb is blessed against Necromantic effects," Redemption replied, "And I believe the substance is know as Glassteel."

Ayreth picks up the faint remnants of Conjuration magic.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

"But a temple isn't likely to be protected against conjuration magic. There is still a faint trace of it in the air. Most magic of that type that I'm aware of is either healing or summoning magic. Perhaps something was summoned inside in order to break out. Any ideas on why that might be their tactic?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kn: Engineering?: Glassteel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Glassteel is effectively a clear material as hard as steel. It's rare, but is used to make weapons or armour. The sheets made here were thin, but was probably several thousand gold pieces worth of material.

Redemption adds, "Conjuration is also used for Teleportation effects. And to bind certain otherworld creatures to a caster's will."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

"Interesting. I don't have any experience with magic like that. Well, there was the time the whole city... uh, never mind, not important. If whoever did this teleported here or away, is there any way to track them?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Possibly? Divintion is one of my skills, but I am not very familiar with tracking someone using such magic." Redemption tilted his head to one side. "I can try, however."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

"I think that might be helpful. Is there anything we can do to assist?"


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Hhhmmm..." Selena crouches to the ground to examine the shards of glass and the area around the sarcophagus.
I'm not really good with this magic stuff, but maybe I can find something else.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"I am not sure," Redemption pulled out a deck of Harrow cards and then looked at his other arm. Or rather, the missing stump. "Ah. Yes. Perhaps a hand with my cards? I really must get that healed."

Selena spotted after a thorough search a small splatter of blood. Above it is a small trap of some kind, a dart launcher by the look of it. The blood is long dried, but too fresh to have come from one of the Tombs inhabitants.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

"Oh, yes, of course!" Ayreth takes the deck, looking it over briefly. "I'm not really familiar with these. What should I do?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Shuffle the cards, while focusing on any powers of Divination or Prophecy you may have. Then blindly draw three." Redemption chuckled. "I should be able to read them beyond that."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

"Umm, sure. I can do that, I think.... never really used these before... is this right?," Ayreth asks. Finally, she starts to get the hang of it. As she shuffles, she closes her eyes, thinking about Zhen and when she met him. She thinks about how he helped her afterwards, teaching her and doing what he could for her after she opened herself up to the other side. Tears flow from her closed eyes, not just out of grief for the grandfather she lost, but also from joy in the times spent together. In her mind, she entwines her emotion with the power inside of her and eventually stops shuffling. Ayreth puts the deck down and deals three cards from the top. When she opens her eyes, they look glazed over.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Feel free to use Vision if you like. It's the most divination-y ability Ayreth has.

Vision (Sp)(2/day): Once a day, a haunted one can use Vision as a spell-like ability (Caster Level equals the haunted one’s HD). Every 5 HD possessed by the haunted one grants an additional daily use of this ability.This spell functions like legend lore, except that it works more quickly and produces some strain on you. You pose a question about some person, place, or object, then cast the spell. If the person or object is at hand or if you are in the place in question, you receive a vision about it by succeeding on a caster level check (1d20 + 1 per caster level; maximum +25) against DC 20. If only detailed information on the person, place, or object is known, the DC is 25, and the information gained is incomplete. If only rumors are known, the DC is 30, and the information gained is vague. After this spell is complete, you are fatigued.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Redemption kneels, watching as each card is drawn. "The Tyrant. An obedience and twisting of the law to one's own benefit, a ruler that has harmed those they rule." The next card is drawn. "The Rakasha. One under the influence of another, forced to bend to their dark will." The last card is dealt, drawing an odd noise from Redemption. The Vision? I am not sure what that woul...Ayreth? Ayreth?"

Ayreth's eyes went blank as her consciousness flew on dreamlike wings, soaring through the time around them. She saw...

Zhen's tomb, undisturbed, his armour arranged like a sleeping knight with sword and shield lying atop it. Frost, fire, ice and acid flowed along the blade in a gentle pattern.

She saw...

A figure, cloaked and shadowed. A raised symbol. A five pointed star painted blood red, cold black flames burning across its surface. A chant in Infernal, compelling aid. The tomb cracks and the figure recoils, crying out. This was not what was expected. This was not what they had planned. The tomb explodes, dust and stone flying into the air. The greatsword launches out, shattering the glass in a flash of magical power.

She saw...

The figure, hacking in the cloud of his own creation. He waves the symbol again, a spell to teleport away. Out of the dust a hand reached, and took the blade.

She saw...

The city, Khalharum. Magic pulsing through the city, like blood through veins, but so much of it was dark, lifeless, cold. And above...something else.

She saw...

A room. Two figures. Arman, the man who had helped against the Shadow Collector. And...another, familiar...

"Well," Arman said with a smile, "It appears my abode has another guest."

Ayreth, over here for now.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena quietly waits for Ayreth to start the divination, but grows increasingly nervous as her sister cries and then her eyes go blank.

"Sis? Sis!" Selena asks, a bit panicked, before turning to Redemption "Is this normal?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"No, not for me, but my abilities are different." Redemption examined her eyes, felt her pulse and muttered a spell before stepping back for a moment. "Well, I am not sure...but I think she is experiencing a vision of some kind. I believe the magic imbued in my cards, combined with some innate power she possesses, triggered such. See, her eyes flickering and moving, seeing things we cannot? Her heart beats at a normal, is slightly high, rate and her breathing is not problematic, so I believe she should be allowed to finish."

Redemption looked over at Selena. "Does she have these visions often?"


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Well, yes, but not for this long, usually. " Selena tilts her head, biting her lip "But if you say there's no danger and we should wait out, let's do that."
I only managed to find out whoever got in here can bleed, big deal. Damn it, if there's no one to beat up I'm completely useless!


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Redemption eased Ayreth's form to the floor, in case she was disorientated on her return. "If it goes on too long, I would try to wake her, but for now I don't think she is any danger. But perhaps there is more to be found in this place. Shall we look?"


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Yes, let's." Selena nods. "I really don't know where to start, tough. The only thing I've noticed is this drop of blood here." the half-succubus points to the blood on the trap near the sarcophagus.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Too fresh to be from a corpse," Redemption noted. "I believe there are spells which allow you to find out more about a person from their blood, if we can safely transfer a sample. I suppose we could chip up the stone..."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

Ayreth sits up from the floor and looks around, trying to reorient herself."Selena?"


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Yeah, let's take a sample and find someone to-Sis?" Selena springs up, running to Ayreth and crouching next to her. "Is everything okay? Are you hurt?"

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

For just a moment as Ayreth comes to consciousness, the entire room takes on a hazy appearance, but it dissipates quickly. "No, I'm not hurt. Apparently, the forces of fate thought I should go visit Aibek for a bit. So I did that," she says with a smile. "How are things here? How long was I gone?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Moments only, perhaps a couple of minutes." Redemption knelt beside the young woman. "Visited Aibek? Did you see them in a vision?"

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

"Nooo...." Ayreth gently shakes her head. "I mean I had a vision, but then I was pulled into the Dream world where I met with Aibek and... and we talked for a lot longer than a few minutes. Oh, but the vision...," Ayreth quickly changes the subject. "It came in three parts." Ayreth describes the vision. "I don't think the caster was able to take Zhen's body. I'm not sure what happened, but I think he left on his own."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Interesting. There were likely traps on the sarcophagus likely had its own defenses, and perhaps the coffin inside. Perhaps the thieves didn't take all of them into account." Redemption nodded slowly.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

Ayreth nods. "Yeah something definitely went wrong. If Zhen did leave on his own, he grabbed his armor and weapons, so he isn't some mindless zombie. What in the Nine Hells did they do, and where could he have gone?"


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"So Grampa may have just...got out by himself and left?" Selena asks puzzled. "But if he's...still himself, and picked up his weapons and armor, why didn't he search for Grimrod, or us, or anyone else if he had something to do?"

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

Ayreth shakes her head sadly. "I'm not sure that he is himself. It was Hellish energy that brought him back as far as I could tell."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Still, if his form was risen without being bound to the will of whoever tried to take it, then it has very likely caused them problems. Potentially, that is something we can find and use. It is much harder to ward something against scrying if it isn't cooperating or staying in the same place." Redemption nodded. "It will be worth suggesting scrying random once a day."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

"I, um, don't really know how to do that," Ayreth says, clearly a bit embarrassed.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Oh, no, I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant to mention it to Grimrod's people. He has people hunting leads on who to, well, hit with an axe."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

Ayreth smiles fondly at the mention of Grimrod. "He does really like to do that. But that I can do. I wish we could have done more to find Grampa Zhen."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Redemption considered. "Your gifts of sight mean we have a clearer idea of what happened. Selena discovering the blood rules out any number of creatures, and could possibly be used to find out more about the person attempting to steal the corpse. All told, it has been fruitful."


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Yeah, let's hope that this will be enough to find out what happened and who did this." Selena nods.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Standing up right with a creaking noise, Redemption looked around. "Do you wish to look around any more, or are you done here?"

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(6) | HP: 67 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:19 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4| Perc:+13 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 40' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 6 |

"I think we are done. Selena?"

1 to 50 of 52 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers - the Tomb of Zhen Halfblood All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.