Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


17,651 to 17,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | next > last >>

Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn follows Gerald down the hallway


Evil GM
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
Faelyn follows Gerald down the hallway

Faelyn to your eye Gerard looks pretty crafty dodging in the shadows.

Make a perception check, he went stealthy. Unless he does something to let you know.

Edit: Nevermind the roll, I see Gerard returned to the room to drag the fighter to the hallway.


Evil GM

RD 4:

The group doesn't know what, if anything, devious that Henk is up to.


Evil GM

DMPC Orsin:

He will tap either Lucrezia if she needs additional healing, or follow Faelyn, and tap him with the CMW wand.

CWM: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 5) + 3 = 16


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

RD4
Daniel full attacks the prone bard. Hoping to finally end him.

2 handed PA, Inspire Courage, Divine Favor, Aid 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 32
Damage 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 22

2 handed PA, Inspire Courage, Divine Favor, Aid 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 15 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 31
Damage 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 24

2 handed PA, Inspire Courage, Divine Favor, Aid 1d20 + 10 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 2 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 24

The bard bats and swats desperately to stave off the Assault.
But Daniels blessings from Iomedae and Calistria, along with the Racial fury burning in his blood prove to much.
He powerfully, brutally knocks aside the feeble defences with his sword, driving home 3 times with his sword and Roaring, HEEENNK!

He turns to look at the portcullis. It was time.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

70 damage on a prone target. The bard explodes!


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

Need body... gear.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Round 4
perception 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

Lucrezia does a quick look around to see if there is a release for the portculus anywhere on this side of it.

She looked from the other side last time so she was wondering if she missed something.


Evil GM

RD 4:

Gerard - moved back to room, dragged figther to hallway
Body Guard - Dead
Faelyn - following Gerard

Henk - does action

Daniel - kills bard

Lucrezia - investigates the portcullis

Melk - dead
Coric - does action

Orsin - CMW on Lucrezia or faelyn 16 HP

Andrea


Evil GM

Lucrezia Only:
You don't see a release of the Porcullis on this side of it but you begin to suspect there may be a release in the room where the hostages where being kept. If you spend a minute of time you will locate an extremely well hidden release. It is pretty devious the killing zone they put in this place.


Evil GM

Gerard with the guard you find the following items:

nice longsword
nice dagger
nice breastplate
2 potions
Gold ring
coin purse coining 23 PP, 56 GP, 31 SP, 12 CP

He is wearing your runners shirt.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Detect magic on the gear.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

With nothing else to currently attack, Lucrezia moves off to try to find a lever for the portcullis.

"There's gotta be a switch on this side somewhere. If no one is going to show themselves for us to attack, I may as well be searching for the damn thing."


Evil GM

Faelyn each of the items glow with a magical aura. Abjuration auras on the armor and ring, evocation on the weapons, transmutation on the shirt.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37

Faelyn takes time on the gear while Lucrezia looks for a lever.


Evil GM

I assume you will search the bard:

He has headband - glows transmutation aura
Falchion - evocation
chain shirt - abjuration
Silver ring - abjuration
4 potions - (2 transmutations) 1 abjuration
disguise kit
cesti -evocation
coin purse 295 gold, 1 ruby (321 GP)


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

Shirt is mine, it's dwoemered... Some call it a runner's shirt. I could hold on to the dagger, ring and potions for now, up to you.

Who else have you met in here?


Evil GM
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Gerard with the guard you find the following items:

nice longsword
nice dagger
nice breastplate
2 potions
Gold ring
coin purse coining 23 PP, 56 GP, 31 SP, 12 CP

He is wearing your runners shirt.

With Faelyn's checks:

+2 Longsword
+1 dagger
+2 breastplate
2 CSW
+1 ROP
The shirt was Gerard's gear - it's shirt of Quick runner.

Edit:
Feel free to make spellcraft checks on the next batch of goods from the bard.


Evil GM

The fire that was raging in the doorway is now burning itself out and is the size of large campfire now. The smell of death fills the thieves den.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel drag the bards body away to Faelyn.
Your men are dead, yet you remain. It would have been smarter to attack us en masse. We will wait out your magics and come for you. Do you hear me, Henk. Iomedae's Vengeance will take you this day!

Daniel's Aid spell has 4 1/2 minutes left.

He comes upon Faelyn and Gerard.
Take whatever helps. Healing potions are good. We will wait a minute for his spells to expire and find the lever. Then we attack.


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
You will find the lever as mentioned in the previous post to you.


Evil GM

Here is the big unsolved gaming mystery...how come bad guys usually have cure potions on them but they rarely use them?


Evil GM

Lucrezia one of you favorite movies is on - Snow White and the Huntsman


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants
Baldwin wrote:


Lucrezia one of you favorite movies is on - Snow White and the Huntsman

Awesome, sadly I can't watch it right now because I am cooking dinner and am way too busy to masturbate.

"Ah ha! All right guys, I think I found the lever to lift open that gate. Let me know if you are all ready and I will this thing up."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Back from dinner. OMG! Lucrezia! ;)

Andrea whisper messages to everyone. Hold on, they are all set to unload on us once we get in there. Let us pee on their parade. Lucrezia can get ready to fling open the portcullis while we back up oh about eighty feet or so and send a Sunburst in on them. Once that happens, we run in and end this, what do you think?


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel will tap himself with his CLW wand 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
and anyone else who asks.
{Good plan, Gerard and I will stand either side of the hall out of line of Sight, ready to charge.}
He'll quickly retrieve his Wand of Divine Favor.
With it he will allow for Andrea or Faelyn to do any other casting. Standing next to Gerard and casting BLUR on him
You will need this more than I do. Be careful and lastly before giving Lucrezia the nod to open the platform will tap himself and Gerard +2 to hit and damage for 10rounds Stand with Gerard either side of the Portecullis corridor and let Andrea message Lucrezia 'Ready'


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

OMG, what? She found a lever...


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

Gerard takes the ring, dagger and potions from the fighter... Faelyn, you need one or both of these?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 7) + 3 = 12


Evil GM

Faelyn make Spellcraft Check on the Bard's gear. If you all don't want to wait, then make the check and I'll disclose later, so we don't forget the rolls.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Assuming everyone is set and agrees how to go in.

Andrea finishes her potion of healing. I am ready. However for safety sake, let us space ourselves slighty(about 5 feet) so if they unleash an area spell not all of us will be harmed. Or perhaps Orsin can silence the door way to hide our approach.


Evil GM

Let me give Faelyn a few minutes to check and make those spellcraft checks.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31


Evil GM
baldwin the merciful wrote:

I assume you will search the bard:

He has headband - glows transmutation aura
Falchion - evocation
chain shirt - abjuration
Silver ring - abjuration
4 potions - (2 transmutations) 1 abjuration
disguise kit
cesti -evocation
coin purse 295 gold, 1 ruby (321 GP)

Headband of mental prowess, +2 Wis, +2 Chr.

+1 Falchion
+2 Chain Shirt
+1 ROP
+2 Cesti

Potions need to be checked.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

When everyone appears ready, Lucrezia pulls the lever.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

With the help of Andrea and with more of his own gear on, Gerard feels bolstered.

Just so we're clear... I've basically been in a cell for the better part of a fortnight. Please call out individuals you've encountered and any skills or training you know they have.

Half-Orc, bard. Flak, warrior. Henk, what the frack is Henk?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Henk is the large man with the war picks that was flicking fire balls at us.


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

Gerard smiles... Yes Priestess, I know. But, what do we know of him? If I am to break a man down, I need to know how he's built.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Leader of the Red Knives. Seems to be a trained fighter. Works for the Drovange family whoa re the richest noble family in Westcrown. Umm.. That is about all we know besides that they like kidnapping people and nod oubt mangle their corpses.


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

The rogue nods to Andrea. That is him? The leader of the Red Knives... I'd heard. Didn't expect such an oaf.

Gerard then seeks out the devil-kin. Ziz, we're friends, right? Can you carry that long hammer of Daniel's? I lost my pikeman... pikewoman.


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

Ziz appears and shakes his head no then disappears.


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

Only weighs about 10-15 pounds. You don't have to be proficient, just threaten. You got a small whip?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

If possible, Faelyn might be able to teleport you and one other into the room when we charge. If say, Lucrezia recieves a greater invisibility and you a bluf before we enter we can pincer attack them and inflict massive damage. Does that sound good?


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10
Gerard Nisroc wrote:
Only weighs about 10-15 pounds. You don't have to be proficient, just threaten. You got a small whip?

Just let Faelyn make you invisible and leave me be. I am not some stupid fighter. I stay invisible and heal!


Male Human Rogue 13 | 97/97 | AC 26/19/19 | F 8/R 16/W 7 | Init +7 | Perc +18/+22

If you were a stupid fighter, I wouldn't ask. Have it your way... and for the record, you can't flank alone. Even if invisible.

Before you sling spells... shouldn't we confirm they are in there? Could be wasting our best chance for success... I'll go check.

Wanna make me disappear? I whisper because they might be listening, or even viewing. The last part he whispers to Andrea via her magical communication link.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Not even if I show you my boobs, Ziz?


Evil GM

In the time it has taken for you to figure out your game plan the roaring firm at the doorway has tamed down to smaller campfire, taking up a five foot area.


Andrea1 wrote:
Not even if I show you my boobs, Ziz?

"Can I rub on them? No...no..no..bad Ziz....no, I stay invisible for my master and heal. That's what Ziz does."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel is beginning to look stressed, they were taking too long.

He WHISPERS to Andrea via her MESSAGE.
{Have Lucrezia open the gate as though we charge, instead have Faelyn shift me and Gerard in there magically. We need to act now!}

17,651 to 17,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.