All's Well that Ends in a Well

Game Master Choon


2,601 to 2,650 of 3,173 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

I thought I already posted but apparently not
Marco has little he's able to do against the spiders so he moves back away from the spidernado and swats at his body to squish the ones he can


RA T1 | WotR

2d20 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
The wind elemental can be seen joyously dancing about as hundreds and thousands of tiny spiders discover the joys of flight... and are promptly squished by the buffeting winds.

The party itself is responsible for five more spider deaths, and even still they keep coming with more swarms close behind!
6d20 ⇒ (20, 9, 16, 13, 18, 5) = 81
The spiders get lucky and two hits land, one on Cain and one on Grelthe!
cain damage: 1d6d6d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 3, 4, 4) = 20
Also, both of you need to make a DC 17 fort save vs poison or take con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Party up Map updated


RA T1 | WotR

Simon's air elemental sweeps over everyone clearing the spiders. You're free to act!


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 ooh, barely. Any regular damage?

Now that Grelthe is in a spider killing groove with her new sword, she continues the graceful motion with more sweeps of her sword... not letting the spider bites deter her. Full attack, 5 foot step between.
Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8


RA T1 | WotR

Wow, that damage formatting was not good. Here, let's do that again.
cain damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
grelthe damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi sends another set of Magic Missiles flying at the spiders. "I don't like de spiders. It's almost as bad as de rats."

MM: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6


Female TN Dread Gnome Ninja 8 / Slayer 4 (modified butterfly blade) (gestalt 1.5) | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19 (T: 15, F: 15) | CMB: +6, CMD: 20| F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, Stealth +22 | Speed 20ft | Climb 20ft Active conditions: none. | Ki points used 0/7

With the effect worn off, Kayla regains her senses. she does a quick survey of the battle and tries to move into flank position.

acrobatic if needed: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 4) = 12


RA T1 | WotR

Vuzi and Kayla both kill a spider each, but in very different ways. Vuzi punches a clean hole through one's head and Kayla slays hers with a single fast, precise strike!


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Zadira shoots at some spiders.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 27 (rapid shot)
Attack 2: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 26

Damage 1: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 3 = 7 (focused shot)
Damage 2: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 3 = 6


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Over the sound of sucked-in-then-flung-away spiders and the whoosh of the flying-by elemental, Simon calls towards Emily:
"They are off you, my dear, now lets clear windy a path for her next sweep, yesyes?"
With that, Simon attempts to remove as many big spiders as possible in the way of the air elemental that can be seen turning round for another sweep through the tiny spiders that just keep coming.

TWF +1 Keen Kukri, Pack-Flanking: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 4 = 33
Damage+Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 8 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + (1, 4, 4) = 18

TWF +1 Keen Dagger, Pack-Flanking: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 4 = 19
Damage+Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (2, 2, 4) = 11

Crit: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 + 3 = 18


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:72/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

As Grelthe is bitten by a spider, Emily ROARs at an ear paining level and snaps at the offending eight-legged beast.
Revenge-Bite, Pack-Flanking: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 4 = 33
Bite Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + (6) = 16
The massive jaws of the black pantheress lock around the snapping mandibles and with a jolt, rips all of the spiders head off the jerking body.
To emphasis that an apex has come to their nest, Emily continues to bite and claw at anything with more than four legs within her reach in a fury of teeth and claw!

Bite, Pack-Flanking, Grab: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 4 = 25
Bite Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + (1) = 12

Claw, Pack Flanking: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 4 = 26
Claw Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + (5) = 18

Claw, Pack Flanking: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 4 = 16
Claw Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + (1) = 14


Defenses:
AC 17|14|14, HP:13, Saves: 4|6|0, CMD: 15
Currently: Air Elemental (small)

SWOOOOOOOSH
The Ogre-sized tornado is coming round for another criss-cross pass around the group, enjoying the play with the spider swarms with a high, somewhat cruel cackle that can only barely be heard over the sound of the whirling wind.


RA T1 | WotR

The battle is grueling and the spiders seem to never end, but, eventually, you kill the last one and find yourselves standing hip-deep in spider bits...


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Zadira uses Prestidigitation to clean spider bits off herself, and casts it again several times to push the piles back against the walls so that they don't have to wade through them.

She moves farther into the cave, scouting for other adventurers that might be stored for food and rescue-able, or barring that, any remains that might have associated loot.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon high-fives the air elemental before it finally returns to its own dimension, thanking it for its help.
Then he hugs Emily with a sight.
"Too much death for my liking, but I guess it is to be expected of a breed nesting that deep down in such an evil place-meowour.
Normal animals would have retreated eventually.
Can we ... Can we please find a way back up soon?
I am beginning to get tired of this foul place again and my feet and soul long for a walk through fresh, living grass and a bath in the sea for a change-meew."

His voice wearily, the last sentence even melancholic.
With a little jump, he is on Emilys back and holds up the still brightly shining dagger for the conjured light to reach into every corner of the cave.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Grelthe shakes spider bits off her legs and looks around for exits. She agrees with Simon "It makes me nervous that we may still have enemies at our back as well as in front of us. I am in favor of going back to finish clearing out the previous levels. If you are in need of rest though we can retreat and head back to town. I believe there is shopping that needs to be done anyway."

Either way, she will offer Kayla the use of one of her Alchemist's Fire. Then she will pick spider bits off her new sword while patiently waiting for others to finish looting and come to a decision whether we are going back or forward.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"I agree ve should go back if ve can. I vould like to get some more vands and scrolls if ve can find a place to buy dem." She casts Detect Magic around the room just to see if the spiders had any victims with interesting things left behind.


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Assuming there is not looting to be had in the spider nest, Grelthe will lead the charge back from whence they came, suggesting they keep a melee combatant at the rear... just in case.


RA T1 | WotR

There isn't much loot on the spiders, though Kayla can harvest 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 doses of large spider venom from the myriad of fangs laying about.

Life has been crazy lately. I'll try to update tonight. apologies.


Female TN Dread Gnome Ninja 8 / Slayer 4 (modified butterfly blade) (gestalt 1.5) | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19 (T: 15, F: 15) | CMB: +6, CMD: 20| F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, Stealth +22 | Speed 20ft | Climb 20ft Active conditions: none. | Ki points used 0/7

life has been crazy for me as well, sorry... I have been doing a lot getting ready for my cruise next month

Kayla had been busy with the spider venom she barely noticed the group's conversation.

maybe I should consider changing my nick name to the spider queen she mutters to no one in particular referencing the amount of spider venom she is now carrying.

gathering her stuff together, we heading back to the surface? she ask rather innocently almost as though nothing happened.


RA T1 | WotR

The party goes back up a level and starts exploring. They have an option: East or South? South seems to be the more likely candidate for staying on this level, but East is an option still.


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Do we know a way back up to the surface from here? If not, I vote South.

Kayla, what are you going to do with all of those fangs? Make a necklace... or a crown? She laughs (in a totally nice way).


RA T1 | WotR

There is no clear way up besides moving through the arcane locked door you failed to dispel before.


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Going back to page 49 of the adventure, it looks like Simon actually already unlocked that door! Zadira tried to dispel the arcane lock on the treasure box.

Simon Blue-Eye wrote:

@all: Am I rushing too much? Somehow feels like it atm....

+++ In front of the locked door +++
Simon stares at the door as if it had wronged him considerably - he even hissed at it.
"Chhhrrr, what is the matter with you?
Who told you to close shut, meeewch!"

With that, he produces his set of (now well-used) tools and starts to work on the door.
[dice=Cats don't like closed doors!]d20+18+2+1
With a hiss, he jumps back.
Did that keyhole just swallowed one of his lockpicks?!
I am willing to go take-20 after this mishap for a result of 40 if Kayla is willing to help me, 38 otherwise.

GM Choon wrote:
Oh, i didn't take taking 20 yet. Taking 20 wil succeed


RA T1 | WotR

Forgot that! Thanks! You now have a clear path back!
Are you going to stop in and check on Vance, or just go back to town?


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Huh, yeah, right, ....
No idea how I forgot about that too. I had the firm expression that our way back was firmly locked.
Nice catch Grelthe. Thanks for looking that up!

Simon, now firmly sitting upon Emilys back with a rather happy expression similar to a child knowing that years-eve presents are about to be hadned out, leads the group back up until the stench of the second level make everyone gag again.
"Ahhh, I'd never thought I'd miss that-mewurgh.
A quick visit to Vance?
He is on our way anyway and I am sure he would be quite interested in some of the stuff we found.
And It would ease our burden on the travel back to town-yesyes?"

Unless anyone objects, Simily will turn towards the tripple-undead shop for a quick visit before continuing their ascend towards daylight.


RA T1 | WotR

The shop is slightly improved from when you left it. Things are slightly better organized and the Twins are so hard at work building the store front. Vance sees you and lites up. Welcone friends! Headed back so soon?


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Ve have been quite busy. Ve found a Raksasha who has asked us to take care ov his enemy for him. Ve fought some spiders, and ve are ready for some rest. How hav things been for you?" Vuzi looks relieved that Vance is doing well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female TN Dread Gnome Ninja 8 / Slayer 4 (modified butterfly blade) (gestalt 1.5) | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19 (T: 15, F: 15) | CMB: +6, CMD: 20| F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, Stealth +22 | Speed 20ft | Climb 20ft Active conditions: none. | Ki points used 0/7

Kayla simply shrugs at Zadira's question unsure herself what to do. she does hold up on or two like a necklace to see how it might work.

With my luck I would end up stabbing myself with them. maybe just a single on on a nice chain. perhaps I could get it enchanted some time in the future.

Once back at the shop, Kayla immediately starts to browse the new stock. looking for things that are good against spiders, like fire.


RA T1 | WotR

I have been surviving, he reports, but it helps that we don't have to eat. Honestly, Rappan Athuk has a reputation and it isn't welcoming. I do have a plan, however, if you'll endulge me.
He hands you a pair of letters.
One of those is an order for supplies from the merchant upstairs. That one is wholly mundane. The second is important. I am attempting to foster a rumor that the Legendary Rappan Athuk had been cracked and that riches are now available for the taking, if one is bold and resourceful. You yourselves are proof of this. Hopefully I can attract some customers and get a reliable pest control service in one stroke. The rats down here are nothing in not fecund. Not to mention the skeletons, zombies, and the occasional goblin or three.


RA T1 | WotR

Kayla, he's not lying. His wares are pretty low and you only find 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 flasks of alchemists fire.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon laughs heartedly at Vance' plan.
"Mehmehmeh, you may be an undead now, but you will forever remain a well-witted merchant at heart!
I think this is a good idea.
You should advice them to stick to the upper two or three level unless they are ready to die a terrible death though.
We have seen and heard what lies further down and it is nothing for fresh adventurers, treasure seekers and pest hunters-meowr."


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Zadira nods at Kayla

Okay, I can help you pick something out to hang it on when we get back to town if you want. It will have to be really well made if you want it enchanted later.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Ve vill take the letters. I von't be responsible for dem like the last group. Dat was terrible." She'll take the letters for the merchant and agrees to help him get some "adventurers" to come calling.


RA T1 | WotR

Vance chuckles. Ya. You are merely the pathfinders. The trailblazers. That is all.


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

"Aye, we ran into some things we weren't quite all ready for, so back to civilization for a bit of shopping... ah..." she looks mildly embarrassed to be talking about spending their coin somewhere other than the vendor in front of her.

When Vance suggests the letters, Grelthe will agree with Simon, and refer to Zadira's maps to see which levels they have already cleared out.

After seeing if Kayla wants to buy some Alchemist's Fire, the big half-orc will suggest they get a move on so they don't lose the light.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female TN Dread Gnome Ninja 8 / Slayer 4 (modified butterfly blade) (gestalt 1.5) | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19 (T: 15, F: 15) | CMB: +6, CMD: 20| F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, Stealth +22 | Speed 20ft | Climb 20ft Active conditions: none. | Ki points used 0/7

Kayla grabs all the alchemist fire she can carry (in this case both of them) struggling to get them on the counter she drags a bucket over to climb on it.

I would like to purchase these, please

placing a small pouch of coin on the counter.


RA T1 | WotR

Vance takes the coin. Good Luck! Have fun shopping! he says as you depart. As you leave you think you see a shadowy form enter the store, but you can't be sure...

2d20 ⇒ (16, 16) = 32
You trip to town is uneventful now that you have experience dodging/outrunning the green gargoyles.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Once back up, Simon will have a long swim in the sea and visit the towns smith, fetching the chain (shirt) barding for Emily!


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8
GM Choon wrote:
The second [letter] is important. I am attempting to foster a rumor that the Legendary Rappan Athuk had been cracked and that riches are now available for the taking, if one is bold and resourceful. You yourselves are proof of this. Hopefully I can attract some customers and get a reliable pest control service in one stroke. The rats down here are nothing in not fecund. Not to mention the skeletons, zombies, and the occasional goblin or three.

Um, did Vance tell us who to give the second letter to? Or are we just to spread along gossip that it is somewhat safer now to explore the top levels of Rappan Athuk?

Grelthe will head straight to the jeweler, so she can divvy up the gems/jewelry/coinage among us for spending money in town. (Total worth 322g, 7s per person)


RA T1 | WotR

Sorry, with the general store owner, Mr. Pye

Word of your arrival spreads almost instantly around Zelkor's Ferry. You notice the town staring discreetly as you move about. Some look at you like a you're a Hero, some like they're waiting for you to sprout bat wings and horns. All accept your goods, however, most don't have the kind of coin on hand that your goods require and you're forced to resort to bargaining.
Each vender only has a couple hundred gold on hand, but you can barter for things pretty effectively and they'll deal fair with you, even rounding up if you're just a couple gold shy.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi makes sure the letter gets to Mr. Pye.

"Mr. Pye. Vud you please read dis letter. Vance has a proposal for vu." She looks at the general goods in the store.

"I need a few things. Ve may have to order out for dem. I need a Vand of Burning Hands at the second level of spell, a ring of protection, und a Magical longspear. Vat ve have faced is quite scary." She drops her bag of coins on the counter.

Wand of Burning hands 1,500, Ring of Protection +1 2,000 and +1 Longspear 2,305


RA T1 | WotR

Pye's eyes go wide at the pile of money. He stammers for a second, recovers, and bows. I think I can get those done if I speak with Mr. Dark. It will take a few days.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Thank Vu. I appreciate it. Vu might want to wait and see if my associates haf orders as vell."


RA T1 | WotR

Pye nods, Of course, of course. Just tell them to stop in anytime!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Grelthe has nothing in particular to buy in town, so she will go to the Bristleback Inn and (following Vance's suggestion) flaunt her newfound wealth by buying everyone in the inn a round of ale. How much would that cost?


RA T1 | WotR

The inn isn't full, but it's not empty either. The total tab comes to 2g, which she easily pays. The towns people are elated!


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Zadira doesn't have the money to buy anything big, so she just goes to the pastry shop with Kayla, and then gets gets some rest while she waits for the rest of the party to be ready to go back in.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon can be seen taking a long bath in the sea, playing childish water games with Emily - who is clearly winning the drowning games nowadays, thanks to her training with Grelthe. Only after donning Emilys new armour on, things start to even out a bit.
Simon still looses, mind you, but not as badly as before...
(assuming the smith has finished the rework of the once-Ogre-chainshirt into a Catshirt)

For their meeting with Pye, Simon orders three set of swarm suits, the latter two in over-over-size to fit Emily after a quick stitch-together.
Ugly and encumbering as they are, the most recent spider-fighting was ... troublesome.

And ... can anyone remember me to learn Protection from Energy on next level up please?^^
That should give a neat protection for encounters with ugly blobbs - and Improved Spell Sharing makes that spell spectacular as only the spell duration is halved but not the shielding effect.
@Choon: Would Protection from Natural Attacks work on swarms?
That would make for a very neat 3rd level spell (I'd go straight for the communal version, because if we need swarm protection, we ALL need swarm protection...)


RA T1 | WotR

Swarm is specifically mentioned in the description, so yup!

2,601 to 2,650 of 3,173 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choon presents All's Well that Ends in a Well: A Rappan Athuk Deathtrap All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.