All's Well that Ends in a Well

Game Master Choon


2,651 to 2,700 of 3,181 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Is there a set of Pipes of the Sewers available in town? I think we might need to add more swarms to the mix.


RA T1 | WotR

1d100 ⇒ 63
Nope. Sorry.


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Okay. Back to the chocolate shop to drown my sorrows. :)


Female TN Dread Gnome Ninja 8 / Slayer 4 (modified butterfly blade) (gestalt 1.5) | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19 (T: 15, F: 15) | CMB: +6, CMD: 20| F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, Stealth +22 | Speed 20ft | Climb 20ft Active conditions: none. | Ki points used 0/7

Back at town Kayla wanders the streets taking in any new or different sights. as well as keep an eye out for any contacts that may want to speak to her.

she pauses at the bakery, peering in the window like a little child mesmerized by all the sugary treats.

eventually making her way inside to see if there are any new creations that need to be tasted.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi makes her way through town. She notices Kayla looking into the bakery. "Are de things ind dere gud? I'f not been inside. Sometimes de shopkeepers don't like de half-orcs." She looks with interest. "Do dey haf dis chocolate dat vu like so much?"


RA T1 | WotR

Over the next couple of days you see Pye gather several large, heavy backpacks full of supplies for you all to return to Vance. Looks like each of you gets one, and Emily gets Two!

Kayla:
You don't get approached, but you do find a note in your pack that reads,
"Movement underground. Saracek's destruction has weakened the priests on lower levels. Minotaurs moving to expand. Agent in danger. Clearance approved for your party only. Mission advanced to critical. Agent must be preserved. Passcode is Power Is Its Own Reward.
Good hunting."
- Talon"

The passcode sends a shiver down your spine. There is something there. Something the Mantis might trade for your freedom. But you can't know what it is exactly from the message.

Pye and Mr Black are seen together quite a bit getting your magical items made. It takes a few days, but you're soon ready.

On the morning you're setting up to depart, a group of fresh faces marches into camp led by a tall knight in shining armor. He's followed by a woman with a severe, clearly Chelaxian face in half plate, a gnome dressed like a court jester, and astrong elf in heavy chainmail carrying a huge ax.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

”I fonder who dat iz. I hope de do’t van’t us to guide dem. De ca find deer own vay to Vance.” Vuzi is happy to leave town.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon approaches the newcomers with a joyful, curious expression, arms held wide in a universal welcoming gesture.
"A hearty welcome to all of you all-meowi!
You look ready for some nose-hurting, sticky adventures down the well, yesyes?
Or is it the stories of bloody coin and cursed swords who brought you here?
The chance to lay the restless dead to piece and battle evil even further underground-miii?"

No way is Simon leaving without 'sniffing' those newcomers out first :-)
Still, after the *whatever it was that fancy man was up to*, he is also not that keen to guide them over.


RA T1 | WotR

Eaten post, dagnabbit
The one in shiny armor smiles and bows slightly. We have heard tales of evil to suppress here and have come to lay the restless dead back into their peace! Well met!


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

"Wonderful-meeew!
There are a lot of those down there.
But also soon many nasty, stinking things I don't even know the name of-grch!
Make sure you can fight off swarms of spiders and rats and have someone able to deal with ...
Squarish-wobble-acid-things, the size of a house-meour."

Later, Grelthe,Vuzi:

"Heyda, Grelthe-purrrr, Vuzi-purrurr!
I spoke to a couple of the newcomers.
They got a tall man in shiny-blingy armour, interested in hunting the restless-frch.
Maybe, you two should talk to him and prepare him for Vance and the twinnies..."


RA T1 | WotR

The man in armor seems even more excited now. The others subconsciously flinch toward their weapons.
Sounds like a challenge worthy of us then! Well met! We'll see you down there, friend...?


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

"I bet we do at some point-meow!
The name is Simon, Sir Knight.
Ah, and one more thing: you really want someone able to sniff out traps down there: they are everywhere-frch.
Lil'Scorpy and I did disable most of them in the first two levels but I don't am not betting my tail on it, nono!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RA T1 | WotR

The Chelaxian woman holds up a hand. That's my job.
The knight, still smiling brilliantly, Simon. I look forward to sharing our tales around the table! Come, let us refresh our supplies and then set off for the great below!
The party departs, each nodding their greetings with faces that seem to apologize for their leader's behavior.


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Grelthe observed the knight warily - she did not trust shiny armor, for it likely meant the one wearing it had not much actual fighting experience.

She will tell the newcomers which levels they have cleared out, describe to them the area maintained by the illusion-creature that they should avoid, and then warns them about Vance. "There is a merchant on one of the upper floors. Despite the appearance of him and his companions, they are our... friends and we would take any injury against them most personally." She flexes her muscles and raises a hand to her sword hilt nonchalantly.

"The dungeon of Rappan Athuk is a dangerous place, I hope you are prepared, and I wish you luck."


RA T1 | WotR

Oh, I am. That's why I brought these, my companions! There is nothing we cannot overcome together!
His other companions seem to doubt this claim, but they don't speak up.
Thankyou for your knowledge. We will see you down there! he continues. The group sets out not long afterwards.


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Zadira shows up too late to meet the new party except in passing. She wonders whether she should have given them some of her maps, or whether they are just more fodder for the meat grinder. They would probably find out soon enough.


RA T1 | WotR

The party does what they do in town and then heads back toward the dungeons.
4d20 ⇒ (3, 18, 7, 12) = 40
You see no sign of the other party.
You stop off at Vance's and notice something is amiss. He is not his usual chipper self. He is dark and... angry?


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

I think it also has been enough time to complete the retraining of Emily with Grelthe's help.
Simon feels that something is off and approaches the undead merchant with some care. His voice remains energetic and joyful as always though.
"Hi there Vance!
We brought you a motley collection of goods from the surface to fill your stock-meow!
Come here and have a good look at all this stuff!
You may want to call the twins to carry all of it-mehmehmeh."


RA T1 | WotR

Vance makes a signal to the Twins so come limping forward. One of them is wounded! You can't tell which one it is though. They are looking more alike every day!


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon looks troubled.
"Meour, what happened here, Vance?
Did rats attack you?
Or where it some of those Ogres-frch?"


RA T1 | WotR

The wound is not life-threatening, especially for an undead troll, but it should have regenerated a long time ago. Vance reports, Some knight stopped by with a group of quiet folks. I answered the door, we talked. He looked jumpy. Then he caught sight of this one coming back from lower in the dungeon, shouted something about glory and charged. His sword was coated in acid. We just barely managed to prevent a death. For them.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Oh, well, seems like we have to have one of 'those' talks with an upstart paladin.
Killing him would be so much easier but would probably make Grelthe fall and Simon become quite broody.
*There are so many adventurers eaten by worms each day, why not him?*

Simon looks terrified and throws a side-glance to Grelthe and Vuzi, seeing how they react to this news.


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Grelthe is torn... her facial features alternate between confusion, incandescent rage, and compassion. Compassion wins out as she goes to check on the twins' injury. You can hear her grumbling angrily not quite under her breath "I warned them, I told them if they hurt them...." Her healing abilities are useless, but she will rinse the wound out with a bit of water from her canteen at least. Maybe Vuzi can do better. She turns around to check the other lady half-orc's response to the whole situation.


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

We killing them then? Zadira asks Grelthe.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Vat!! That shiny man he hurt de twins> I vill have a talk vith him, and give him some dead to play vith probably his companions. He vas warned." She pats the twin on the arm. "I can't heal him I vish I could. I can raise some help for you if you need it." she tells Vance.

"Simon told dem about Vance AND de twins. Dey should have known, and stopped him. Let us go and take care of dis."


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon looks severely uncomfortable.
As he speaks his mind, his voice trembles with uncertainty and indecision.
"Uhm ... meew...
I hope we don't need to be that ... final.
Mew should have been more direct in telling them about them, maybe-miii?
Let us find them and see what ... words can do, yesyes?"


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

The green drains from Grelthe's face as Zadira suggests killing. "I am with Simon, I think we should at least try words first..." she grumbles angrily under her breath "even though it didn't seem to make much difference the first time..." then returns to a normal tone of voice. "Although I do think Mr. Knight's actions may have forfeited him... oh let's say... one of his fingers. He should be able to get along quite fine only missing one finger, but it would be a permanent reminder not to cross us again." She ends this grinning a bit too cheerfully for her macabre suggestion.

Her grin turns to a look of confusion. "...though I don't know how we'd get him to sit still for it. Maybe I could appear to his sense of honor and challenge him to a feat of strength?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.

As you discuss, you feel your souls seek a sense of who you are as people and as a group. This leaves you feeling oddly out of balance, but also confident that you can and will do great things together once your find your footing.
I realized that I hadn't counted XP in a while. DING! Welcome to level 8/4! The spiders pushed you over the edge!


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Okay, Zadira says cheerfully.


RA T1 | WotR

The troll flinches when you approach, but tentatively lets you clean the wound. Acid and puss ooze out onto the ground and the troll groans in relief. Before your eyes the wound closes in a matter of seconds, eliciting bad memories of that happening when you were fighting them.
Vance, still visibly angry and trying to suppress it like a good businessman, says, I appreciate you all, more than you can know, for freeing me from the chains of my hunger. That goes so much more for you, Mistress Vuzi. I will never assume to contradict your decisions. However, if I may, as offended and hurt as I am, I do not want to gain an unfortunate reputation. I would humbly suggest that, instead of vengeance, you create an opportunity for that group to see that not all undead are their foes. You could create or herd some trouble their way, and allow the twins and I to handle it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Grelthe has calmed much since the Troll's wound healed properly. She is amenable to Vance's suggestion.


RA T1 | WotR

Have youall run into anything yet that we could use? Vance asks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon throws a sidelong gaze at Kayla, then adds:
"There are reports about roaming Zentaurs some levels down-miii.
And ... there is a giant purple worm near the third level entrance."


RA T1 | WotR

Which do you think we could overcome in bringing salvation to this... man... and his companions?


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

"I don't know about their strength-miour.
But, worms of such size are no fun.
So, unless those centaurs are really bad, I think it would be better to lure them in, would it not Lil'Scorpy-miii?
Ms if things are really go bad, we are there too, yesyes?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"I can always raise some dead, and den allow de twins to save them if we can't find the um centaurs? Is dat vats down de level? I'd rather see dem humiliated den dead I guess." Vuzi is very happy to see that the twin is feeling better.


Female TN Dread Gnome Ninja 8 / Slayer 4 (modified butterfly blade) (gestalt 1.5) | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19 (T: 15, F: 15) | CMB: +6, CMD: 20| F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, Stealth +22 | Speed 20ft | Climb 20ft Active conditions: none. | Ki points used 0/7

Kayla seemed more on alert than usual as the group moved back to the dungeons.

When (or if) asked, she either does not answer or just shrugs it off like nothing is wrong.

after a bit Kayla has vanished from the group.

GM Choon:

she has slipped away to track this other party earlier she decided to "mark" the proclaimed rouge of the group.

grants kayla a +1 on perception, stealth, disguise, sense motive, intimidate checks attack rolls and damage rolls against the target

stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39
perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
survival to track: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

if needed she can use her vanish ability to go invisible for 8 rounds also light steps so she isn't touching the ground as she moves so essentially she is super quiet


RA T1 | WotR

As the group notices that Kayla's gone...

Kayla:
You track the group to the other side of the level. They are searching around rooms you have already looted and most of them look rather unhappy.
Nothing again. Seriously? I told you we need to go down further. the chelaxian says. The knight, the only one seeming to have a good time, laughs it off.
Maybe you're right. That other group has clearly been here! Nothing but skeletons left. Ok then. lets find a way down. They move off to find some stairs.


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Hey... where is Kayla?

Zadira wanders off to find her, but happens upon a large, poisonous snake instead, which she befriends using her speak with vermin ability. She talks with it for a while and then, since it misses the guard duty it used to do in some underground temple, she brings it back with her to be her personal bodyguard. She promises that she will get a nice summon swarm spell as soon as possible, to keep it fed.

It is 16 feet long and weighs 200 pounds. She likes it because it reminds her of the snake they fought at the beginning of this adventure, except, you know, nicer.

Did Kayla come back yet?


Female TN Dread Gnome Ninja 8 / Slayer 4 (modified butterfly blade) (gestalt 1.5) | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19 (T: 15, F: 15) | CMB: +6, CMD: 20| F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, Stealth +22 | Speed 20ft | Climb 20ft Active conditions: none. | Ki points used 0/7

GM Choon:

Kayla continues to follow them, concentrating on the Chelaxian. at least while they are on this level.

hoping to remain undetected she readies a Prying star to implant on the Chelaxian.

stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31


RA T1 | WotR

Kayla:
You remain thoroughly undetected. They proceed to the stairs without major incident. They kill a couple wandering monsters, but nothing major. And they're kinda disappointed about it too. The chelaxian is the loudest dissenter. She has a wicked sharp tongue and dark sense of humor that befits her ethnicity.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Upon Zadira bringing up that Kayla is missing, Simon looks around in surprise. Then, remembering what they were discussing, he tries an explanation.
"Huh, I don't know-miour.
Maybe she went looking for some minions we can drive at the bullies-miii?"

*** Upon Zadiras Return ***
Simon is surprised to find the woman to be accompanied by a snake and was at the verge of shouting a warning at her but the way the snake is looking at her does not indicate any danger.
He slowly approaches the snake with curious eyes, trying to sooth-talk to it.
"Hello snakey, how are you doing in this evil place, all lost and hungry I bet, yesyes?
Is the tall one your friend now-purrurr?"

Wild Empathy (aka Diplomacy-on-animals): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16


Female TN Dread Gnome Ninja 8 / Slayer 4 (modified butterfly blade) (gestalt 1.5) | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19 (T: 15, F: 15) | CMB: +6, CMD: 20| F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, Stealth +22 | Speed 20ft | Climb 20ft Active conditions: none. | Ki points used 0/7

choon:

Kayla contemplates marking her target with a prying star. after a moment of thought she puts it away.

deciding to follow a little further, but she os more interested in their conversations. and observing their combat strategies. gauging their abilities.

more stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29


RA T1 | WotR

kayla:
The knight and the half orc are clearly the front line of the group, but the knight doesn't seem as religious as Grelthe.
The elf is lithe in combat and decisive in his strokes. He rarely speaks. He seems to not even care about treasure. His ax is clearly magical.
The chelaxian is definately the trap finder, but she doesn't go for flanking as much as you would expect. In fact, she seems to rely a lot on just... getting lucky, which she does with surprising regularity.
The colorful gnome is the mage, but he does magic that you've never seen before. It's flashy and sometimes makes you feel things like your skin tingling without him even being aware of your presence. He writes everything down and sends to be making some kind of book out of the group's adventures. The lack of challenge is frustrating him.


RA T1 | WotR

Kayla is still gone.


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

At Zadira's comment, Grelthe will finally look around and notice. "I just thought she was being her sneaky self as usual. I mean, she probably IS being her sneaky self as usual, but, um, not here. She didn't by any chance mention to anyone where she was going? No? Well then... where was the last place anyone noticed her?"


Female TN Dread Gnome Ninja 8 / Slayer 4 (modified butterfly blade) (gestalt 1.5) | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19 (T: 15, F: 15) | CMB: +6, CMD: 20| F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, Stealth +22 | Speed 20ft | Climb 20ft Active conditions: none. | Ki points used 0/7

choon:

Kayla will not follow them to any deeper levels. instead as the group proceeds down, she will throw a prying star to embed itself on the chelaxian.

star vs. flat-footed: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

the star (if a hit) inflicts no damage, it just allows Kayla to scry on the prying star (description in my profile)

(if it misses then she will let the group continue on then retrieve it and go back to the party)

(if it hits, she just proceeds back to the party)


RA T1 | WotR

kayla:
It hits. She doesn't notice.

Kayla returns before you get a chance to wander off after her.


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

"Well I guess we should head for the top level we didn't finish clearing out to see if we can push some monsters toward the new folks? Anyone have any spells or abilities that frighten?"

Did Vance & the twins come with us this time so they can chase down the monsters?


Female TN Dread Gnome Ninja 8 / Slayer 4 (modified butterfly blade) (gestalt 1.5) | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19 (T: 15, F: 15) | CMB: +6, CMD: 20| F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, Stealth +22 | Speed 20ft | Climb 20ft Active conditions: none. | Ki points used 0/7

Kayla acts as though she was never gone, I am pretty sure that the other group is heading for the lower levels. she adds.

I doubt that getting any creatures from the upper levels to follow them won't work.

2,651 to 2,700 of 3,181 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choon presents All's Well that Ends in a Well: A Rappan Athuk Deathtrap All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.