All's Well that Ends in a Well

Game Master Choon


2,751 to 2,800 of 3,208 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Sounds interesting. Shall ve leave dem to it, and vait outside? Vait ve vere supposed to save dem or at least the twins vere. I'd rather let them kill each other."


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

At Kayla's information Grelthe's jaw drops open. These people are horrible at following instructions... "I specifically showed them where the illusion monster's lair was, so they could avoid it! These people are idiots!" She throws her hands up in the air and starts to walk away. Suddenly turning back to Kayla, she asks (/asks GM): "Do we have time to reach them before they enter?"

In response to Vuzi's offer of letting them finish each other off, she says nothing, but looks contemplative. She is torn... normally she is not in favor or letting innocents go blindly to their death, but... they aren't exactly innocent, she DID warn them, and with this level of idiocy they are going to get themselves killed sooner or later anyway. Also she is really not looking forward to going against that illusion monster again. Pretty sure it could have killed us at any time it wanted. She waits to see what other people think, while she sorts out her own feelings on the subject.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RA T1 | WotR

When Kayla gets a reading on them again they have bypassed the danger and are exploring the many rooms that lead to the floating skull.


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Grelthe looks around and tries to judge her group's interest. "Shall we try heading to the floor below them then and flushing whatever we find up? Or shall we give up on trying to teach them a lesson and just explore before they get to it?"

We probably already had this discussion, I just don't remember and am trying to move the action forward.


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Good idea. Let's go to the floor below and try to flush something towards them.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Lets head down, and see vat ve can push toward dem." Vuzi looks like she thinks that could be fun.


RA T1 | WotR

From what you've seen of the caverns you ventured into where the spiders attacked, there is probably plenty there you could lure up. Or, alternatively, if you could somehow block or obscure the path so that they party wanders into the spider's nest like you did that may provide just the situation you're looking for. That level probably has lots of nasty surprises, in fact.
Alternately, you could try to locate the entrance into the evil temple somewhere in the level above the spider caves and herd them in there somehow.
After some scouting, Kayla does find something you can... deal with? In another part of the caves far from the spiders, she spots a trio of trolls having a relatively intelligent conversation over a crude, oversized tea set.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon nudges Grelthe.
"You think the Trolls are evil?
We not want to harm innocents in our plan to teach the idiots a lesson, yesyes?"


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

We can always ask.

I like the idea of the spider nest. The evil temple seems more like we are trying to get them killed. ... And maybe the twins should talk to the trolls?


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

At Simon's nudge, Grelthe frowns and asks Kayla some clarifying questions about what the trolls looked like (are they mountain Trolls)?
Kn. Local (because Trolls are humanoid?): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simons seems uncomfortable about something.
At last, he speaks up.
"Miour-Meew ...
Do you not think it would be ... betrayal to send those adventurers against the spider-miii?
Mere hours after we talked to the spirit?
He even gave us his blessing.
Staging a fight with his children ...
I feel troubled by that prospect-miour.
Better find something truly evil.
Should make it even more obvious for the woodheads that the twins are not evil if they see them fighting true evil, yesyes?"

One vote for herding them into an evil temple ...
Or the trolls if they ping as evil.


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Wait, I thought just natural beasts were on his side, are you saying that includes spiders? I was thinking, you know, snakes, maybe rats and goblins... but insects? Hmm. Well, if they are included, then you are probably right, we shouldn't interfere with them (although they shouldn't be munching on people either, mind you). ... This whole working for the dungeon itself is a cool idea, but it's complicated. What exactly are we allowed to kill? Anything evil?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
RA T1 | WotR

The party has changed their relationship status: It's complicated. XD


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon nods eagerly.
"I would think so, yesyes.
As far as I know, all animals are some kind of neutral with only very few being good-hearted-meow.
Anything that is evil by its own choice ...
My heart would say ... is not necessarily under the protected of the spirit. Demons and devils certainly are not.
And for the spiders...
They hunt for survival, not for the sake of the hunt or even worse:
For power or plain amusement-grchh.
And as for goblins ... I don't think they fall under his protection either.
At least those I met before, all enjoyed the suffering of others way too much-ftch."

@Choon: rofl ;-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female TN Dread Gnome Ninja 8 / Slayer 4 (modified butterfly blade) (gestalt 1.5) | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19 (T: 15, F: 15) | CMB: +6, CMD: 20| F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, Stealth +22 | Speed 20ft | Climb 20ft Active conditions: none. | Ki points used 0/7

Kayla tries her best to describe the trolls and the situation. but as the other discuss, Kayla decides that since they are discussing things rather intelligently...

Kayla wander toward the Trolls. holding her hands up just enough to show she had=s no intentions of fighting, Hello big fellas. You have some time to help a small one out? I could really use your help. I seem to have lost my way. I was with some others...<insert a description of some of the other party> not that I really like them much anyway.

She stops her approach once they see her and keeps her hands visible and tries really hard to look peaceful.


RA T1 | WotR

Kayla, diplomacy!
Kayla: to reach the trolls you need to cross a small underground lake. Thanks to your skills this is no impediment. The trolls are understandably startled as most things would make at least SOME noise crossing the water.


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Kayla, did you tell anyone what you were doing in case you need backup?


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"I agree ve need to find out if things are evil before ve attack dem first. If dey attack us, ve vill defend ourselves, yes?" Vuzi puts her two coppers in the discussion.


RA T1 | WotR

Kayla?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Yo, Kayla? You still alive over there?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

So I guess Kayla got eaten by the Trolls

"I think Simon is right, the siders are likely protected by the... spirit we met. We still haven't found the Temple, but that might be too strong for the other party anyway. I say we check out these Trolls. I think they may be our best bet. And yes Vuzi, of course we won't attack them unless they attack us first." She looks around at everyone in turn... "Right, guys?" She looks confused for a second. "Dang it, where's Kayla? Anyone see her slink off this time?"


RA T1 | WotR

I'll mmove us on at my first opportunity tomorrow.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon was nodding at Grelthes words enigmatic, until Kayla was mentioned.
Surprised, he looks around.
Finding no trace of her, he silently whistles through his teeth.
"I swear, she must be using magicks to do this-meeew.
She even tricked my sense of smell by binding a piece of her cloth to my backpack, so I would not notice her abscence!
Well played, little one. Well played..."


RA T1 | WotR

Kayla eventually comes back unharmed and leads you to a trio of trolls standing on the bank of an underground lake. There is a series of stones just under the water forming a wet bridge out to a small island. The trolls are standing protectively in front of the bridge.
Wha'd'ya'll want! A burly one in the front demands as you approach. The little morsel said som'thin' about a group that needs a bit of roughing up?


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Yeah, we were wondering if you could stage an attack and we could have our friends here come and "save" the other group. In return, you get a 10% discount at the new shop. You've heard of it, right?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37


RA T1 | WotR

Shop. he scratches some moss that passes for a beard... kinda. Ya mean that Ghast that's turn' da big bad skelly's place around, ya? Hummmm.. Wha'd'ya mean by "stage" and "save".


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Basically start attacking them, but when our friends come to run you off, pretend to be scared, and run off. Does that make sense?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"You can smack them around a little before you "get scared" by our friends. It' a joke."


RA T1 | WotR

The trolls turn in on themselves into a little huddle and can be heard muttering to each other, though you can't make out what they say. After a minute or two they turn back.
And what do these friends of yours look like? the leader asks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Keen ears might overhear Simon muttering to Emily:
"Sister, can you believe we really are conversing with a bunch of trolls to send them roughing up someone else-miii?"
As the trolls ask their question, he speaks up loud, talking slowly for the benefit of the trolls.
"There is one of their number you will notice easily.
He is glad in shiny-shiny metal and likes to shout knightly stuff-mehmehmeh.
He is ..."
, at this point he looks at Vuzi,
"... our closest 'friend', deserving the majority of the joke, yesyes?"

This surely is pretty high up in my personal list of ridiculous-thing-I-have-done-or-witnessed-in-games :-) :-)


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

"Umm... Simon that's who we want them to attack, not run away from... I thought." To the trolls "Our friends we want you to run away from are... well, some of them are Trolls like you, but only... well a bit stinkier." Grelthe looks uncomfortable. She doesn't know how Trolls view undead.


RA T1 | WotR

The leader looks slightly confused. So we attack the shiny one. Run from stinky trolls. This is one weird joke. Where are they?


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi points to where she thinks the shiny one is. "Dat vay.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

If we can find Kayla, I ask her to use her tracky magic to see where the other group is now.


RA T1 | WotR

They're inspecting the area where you battled the black pudding.


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:13/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

Was that on the same level as we currently are at?
Or do we have to guide the trolls there?


RA T1 | WotR

That's on a different level, but they will know the way if you direct them.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon kneels down and starts to scratch a crude but simple map into the mud in front of the trolls, depicting the path to where the other party should be at the moment.
"... and then you should see them, yesyes?"

Turning to the group, he says:
"Maybe we should split up.
Us sneaky ones should follow the trolls, making sure they find the way and nothing overly ... dangerous happens to anyone and the rest should go and fetch Vance and the twins-miii?"


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Okay, but ... how sneaky? Can I come?

+15 stealth? Definitely not as sneaky as Kayla, but am I sneaky enough to be on the sneak team?


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Thats actually three above Emily, and I certainly will take her with me, so yeah, join in I'd say.
Maybe Kayla-bot and Simon can scout ahead and you and Emily bring up the rear or soemthing.
What about your snakey-snake though?
Can it snake (counldn't resist that one) around too?


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Snakey (Emperor Cobra) has +11 stealth.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi would just sound like a stomping beast at a +5, and she doesn't have invisibility so she should probably stay back. Even though she really wants to see this happen.


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Grelthe looks down at her armor (and measly +2 stealth) and volunteers to fetch the undead boys. I actually thought we had brought them with us, following us. My bad.


RA T1 | WotR

The trolls nod and move off. As the others leave, the leader turns and says, Don't you be sniffin'round in our camp. If we come back'n things be gone... He lets the threat hang as they leave.


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

Yeah, I thought the same thing actually.

Hearing the Troll's parting remark, Zadira is suddenly interested in the the camp, although she thought it was just a pile of junk before.

She casts detect magic and takes a look around, before sneaking off with the others to make sure things go well.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34 (more if there are traps or unusual stonework or dungeon hazards)

If she finds anything interesting, let me know and I'll tell you whether I take it or not
____

When she is finished looking around, she and her snake scoot off into the shadows to make sure the plan goes well.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Stealth (snake): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

I'll go vith you do get de boys Grelthe." Vuzi wants to grab them fast it seems the trolls aren't waiting around.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

"You stay back with Snakey, Sister-purrurr.
No messing around you two, alright?"

After these short instructions, Simon takes lead, relying on his keen nose and ear to find his way and notice any incoming danger.
Stealth: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Within a few heartbeats, he vanishes out of sight in the dim corridors and his steps are all but silent as usual.


Female Half-Orc Paladin (Holy Tactician) 8 // Skald (Battle Scion) 4 -- Current Teamwork Feat: Outflank | HP*:21/51 | DR 5/evil | AC*:27/13/- CMD*:23/- | Saves: F12*/R8/W10*+2 against 1st fear save (War Prayers) | Init:7 | Senses: Darkvision, Perception:6 | Sense Motive:13 | Raging Songs:14/19 | Lay on Hands: 8/8

Perception to notice Zadira stealing s*$#: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
If she does... Grelthe will look very disappointed in her and give her a short speech about the value of honor and integrity.

Grelthe will gesture Vuzi on, and then start running (60 ft per ?).


RA T1 | WotR

Zadira: You don't see anything magical, but there is a pile of shiny rocks. The trolls are definitely giving off several auras though.

kn nature 15, appraise 13:
That's a lot of gold ore there!

Vance team: You have significantly further to go than the others. You have to book it to make it there in time to get back before the trolls pulp your "friends". As you round the corner you see the Twins pulling a small group of skeletons to pieces. One of them notices you and waves before absent mindedly knocking a skelly's skull off with it's own femur.

Stealth team: the trolls pace is leisurely but they make very good time due to their huge strides. The dungeon seems to clear out before them.
They arrive at the black pudding area and the "friends" are gone. They don't look confused. They be movin'. Get da scent. the leader says. They all start sniffing around. you need to hide your scent, fast!


Female Aasimar Deep Earth Sorcerer 8 / Dungeon Rover Ranger 4 | HP 52/52 | AC 19 T 15 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +8 | CMB +5 / CMD +19 | Initiative +4 | Perception +19/+21/+23: to auto-notice underground hazards and unusual stonework within 10 feet | Darkvision 60 feet | Active Effects: None

=== Stealing from Troll Nest (after Trolls leave and before going with stealth team) ===

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Appraise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Err, made part of the check really well, and tanked the other part... do I know anything about the shiny rocks, or not?

If not... still taking one for a souvenir. If I know more, then I will decide about anything else.

Stealth to Avoid Grelthe catching me: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

________________

Zadira, on the stealth team, realizes she needs to do something as they are talking about getting a scent, and she quietly casts

darn. I don't have summon minor monster. I was going to conjure up some nice skunks. That's what I have on all my bards. Hmmm.... oh, this might work...

Expeditious Excavation on a spot between them, taking a chunk of the side of the tunnel and churning up dust and grit to obscure the whole area between them (and likely to ruin scent as well?).

2,751 to 2,800 of 3,208 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choon presents All's Well that Ends in a Well: A Rappan Athuk Deathtrap All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.