|2 people marked this as a favorite.|
Cards Against Gnomanity begins on July 9, and will be played right here on the Paizo forums in Play-by-Post format. Sign-ups are open, so if you are interested, please grab one of the numerous tables available spanning all organized play seasons. SIGN UP LINK
Players of all experience levels are welcome. If you've never played the ACG before but are interested in how it works, give it a go! This blog explains the Play-by-Post format for the ACG in a bit more detail.
Interested? Follow these steps to ensure you have everything together to sign up!
0. Grab the Adventure Card Guild Guide and peruse through it, so you can better understand the tier system and how organized play ACG differs from home games.
1. Open the sign-up sheet and determine which season you want to play which still has open slots.
2. Figure out what character you want to play. This character must come from a Class Deck, Character Deck (NOT a Character Add-On Deck), an Ultimate Add-On Deck, or a character from a box set whose class matches one of the Class Decks. You must physically own the product that the character comes from (you will be asked to confirm ownership with a photo as the convention draws nearer). If playing a box character, you must also own the associated Class Deck (for example, if you want to play Rise of the Runelords Lini, you must own both Rise of the Runelords as well as the Druid Class Deck).
Pre-gens are available if you wish to play a higher-tier adventure but do not have any official organized play characters at that tier.
3. Build your starting deck. If you are playing a pre-gen, the starting deck is given to you. Otherwise, follow the back of the character card, using only cards with adventure deck B and the Basic trait to fill out the character. All cards must come from the Class Deck, Character Deck, or Ultimate Add-On Deck. You can mix together one Class/Character Deck with one Ultimate Add-On Deck to increase your card pool, if you so wish.
4. Register your character. Go to http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/acg. Click the "Create a character" menu item. If you have never signed up for organized play (RPG or PACG), you will see prompts to either register a number given to you already (say at a convention) or to generate one. In the latter case you click "Join Organized Play". You will then see a page with a "Register a new card game character" button on it. Clicking that gives you the page on which you can select your specific character. When you submit that page, you will see a page with "My characters", with your character listed. Your character will have a number next to it -- this number is your pathfinder society number, followed by 1001 to indicate it is your first card game character. Copy this number.
5. Go back to the sign-in sheet and fill out your paizo forum name, the name and class of your character, and your character's number that you generated in step 4. All new characters start at tier 1. If you are playing a pre-gen or an existing character, fill it in with the appropriate tier.
If you have any questions, please ask! We're here to help. If you're unsure if Play-by-Post is right for you, take a look through feedback from our first ACG play-by-post convention.
|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
The end date is August 12, or thereabouts? Just curious: Based on the pace of previous play-by-forum games, approximately how many scenarios do you expect parties to successfully complete in one month?
It depends on how active the players are. In general we ask everyone to be able to post within 24 hours of it being their turn or needing to take action. During the last online convention which was from early March to the end of April. We had some tables complete as many as 8 scenarios. Other tables completed only 4-6 during that time.
So if I were to guess during the Cards Against Gnomanity convention most tables will complete 2-4 scenarios during the official dates of July 9 - August 12.
As an FYI, There is no longer a hard deadline end date of August 12th. Originally a hard end date was given because it would conflict with the Assault on Absaolom special which is now being planned during the second slot of PbP gameday which starts early October. The Cards against Gnomanity online convention will still officially end August 12, but if there are ongoing games they can continue at the GM/BR discretion and/or willingness.
If anyone has questions about online play, please feel free to PM any of the GMs, and especially the Venture Captain cartmanbeck. They're all very helpful sorts.
I encourage everyone who enjoys PACG to join in on this. Online play is a great way to get your PACG fix in when you haven't the time or the means to get a IRL game together (or even if you do).
|2 people marked this as a favorite.|
I signed up for one table, to allow as many other people as possible to participate.
If there are still slots open as we approach the deadline, is it OK to sign up for a second table?
Yep! There's no technical limit to how many tables you can sign up for, but you should try to make sure you don't overextend yourself.
Also, you're entirely right; it's asked that players don't sign up to more than 2-3 tables for the time being to make sure there are spaces for more entrants; there's another 3 weeks of recruitment yet!