Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Well Nourished Orcs


Homebrew


Due to their brutal circumstances, many orcs are inflicted with stunted physical growth and cognitive development. Some orcs, however, through luck or skill or hard work earn themselves a place in human civilization. These orcs are often surprised to find that their children, with their better diets, grow to be much taller and often much smarter than the orcish stereotype. Well nourished orcs gain +6 STR, +2 CON, and +2 WIS.

You are not allowed to play a well nourished orc.


I would do a higher point buy Orc instead.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Or just apply a template, like Advanced or Ogrekin. That keeps it firmly out of PC hands.


Does this "well nourished orc" have no negative stat mods?

Why haven't members of this race taken over pretty much any area where they are present?


Diets in civilised areas aren't necessarily better than those in herding/raiding societies; in Britain after the Industrial Revolution heights (of humans) dropped substantially. Fat and protein will likely be higher for the herders, and that's what will drive height increases - along with regular amounts of food which admittedly is better for the civilised society.

If you're going to apply this sort of template the leaders of the herders/raiders or any in successful tribes and perhaps the well-off in the civilised society are the most appropriate to get it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Sahuagin have Mutants in their species that become leaders in their society every time they pop up. Sometimes they even look like Sea Elves, and given that they have far supieror stats to them too, they become leaders in that society also.

Something similar might happen in this setting.


Doomed Hero wrote:

Sahuagin have Mutants in their species that become leaders in their society every time they pop up. Sometimes they even look like Sea Elves, and given that they have far supieror stats to them too, they become leaders in that society also.

Something similar might happen in this setting.

It would be hilarious if these mutant orcs looked like dwarves.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
roguerouge wrote:
Doomed Hero wrote:

Sahuagin have Mutants in their species that become leaders in their society every time they pop up. Sometimes they even look like Sea Elves, and given that they have far supieror stats to them too, they become leaders in that society also.

Something similar might happen in this setting.

It would be hilarious if these mutant orcs looked like dwarves.

That would explain Battleragers.


Doomed Hero wrote:
roguerouge wrote:
Doomed Hero wrote:

Sahuagin have Mutants in their species that become leaders in their society every time they pop up. Sometimes they even look like Sea Elves, and given that they have far supieror stats to them too, they become leaders in that society also.

Something similar might happen in this setting.

It would be hilarious if these mutant orcs looked like dwarves.
That would explain Battleragers.

Ye buddy! Can I get a witness!

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Homebrew / Well Nourished Orcs All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.