Pathfinder Battles—Lost Coast

****½ (based on 6 ratings)
Image Not Yet Available

Case

Image Not Yet Available

Brick

WZK71576-8

Booster

Add Case $511.68 $399.99

Add Brick $127.92 $114.99

Add Booster $15.99

Facebook Twitter Email

The Lost Coast is the name given to the coastal land of southwestern Varisia stretching from the city of Magnimar to the Fogscar Mountains. It is a wild and desolate country full of lingering fogs, small woodlands of pine and nettles along a rocky coastline of ragged bluffs and crashing waves. Many an adventuring party has travelled to the Lost Coast seeking fame and riches, never to be heard from again...

Lost Coast is the latest 45-figure set release in the award-winning Pathfinder Battles line of miniatures from Paizo and WizKids Games! The Lost Coast features friends and foes from the region of the same name, and is sure to please Pathfinder fans new and veteran alike!

Pathfinder Battles figures come in a variety of randomly assorted packaging options.

  • Lost Coast Standard Boosters contain 1 Large figure and 3 Medium or Small figures
  • Lost Coast Standard Bricks contain 8 Standard Boosters (32 figures total)
  • Lost Coast Standard Cases contain 4 Standard Bricks (32 Standard Boosters, 128 figures total)
Purchasers should get no to very few duplicate figures in a brick. Buyers who purchase factory-sealed cases should get a nearly complete set of figures. (As with any randomized product, collation is not guaranteed.)

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Battles Case Subscription.

Product Availability

Case, Booster: Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 7 business days.

Brick: Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 7 business days. This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer or is no longer being carried by our distributor.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

WZK71576


See Also:

1 to 5 of 6 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

****½ (based on 6 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Almost perfect!

****( )

Out of 44 minis i rated:
1 star: 3 minis,
2 stars: 5 minis,
3 stars: 11 minis,
4 stars: 9 minis,
5 stars: 16 minis!

THE GOOD:
A few animals, 4 small elementals, a lot of useful standard monsters, a few (great) dragons, 2 demon lords and some cultists.

THE BAD: The elves and half-elves and the noble.

THE UGLY: A Hill giant with an overall - 4 times per case!


Good product!

*****

The set as a whole was very satisfactory - the Battles line has been getting better in one way or another with every set. I do miss the AP-specific sets, though.

Specific thoughts:

I'm glad that AP-specific models such as Justice Ironbriar and the Goblin Druid are still sneaking in. More of those, please.

The paint quality is quite decent on most; I was especially impressed with the iconic oracle, Alahazra. The line has recovered well from the Legends of Golarion and Reign of Winter issues, it appears.

Breakages and flaws were minimal. One Thug came unattached from the base, but since they're now bagged, I know I won't lose anything. A Cultist came without his potion hand, but I thought it actually improved the look of the mini a little. That said, the way the minis are packaged does seem to be resulting in some posture issues. My Haughty Avengers and Elf Archers are all bent halfway back, as is my Forest Shadow. A little disappointing...

I like the decision to put the Forest Drake in a standing position, as opposed to the "flight bars" of the previous Drakes. It's also just a very good-looking mini. Same for the Large Green Dragon.

Regarding rarity, things are good for the most part. I am a little bothered by the Fire Giant King, though. I have four - that's more than I have of Fire Giants!

I could have handled way less of the Lamashtu Cult. Three rank-and-file minis, plus two unique characters, is an awful lot for one faction. Meanwhile, I'm still scraping together enough Gray Maidens for Crimson Throne. Hopefully, future sets will expand on certain factions - if you're going to do this, at least keep doing it for the factions I like. ^_^

Finally, speaking of Lamashtu, I'm a little puzzled by her appearance as a mini. Gods are supposed to be too powerful to fight, so I'm not sure what she's doing here. Hopefully it's leading up to something...

Anyway, various quibbles aside, great work! I'm looking forward to Dungeons Deep! (When I can find the money.)


Return to form

****( )

Looks like the battles line has overcome the QC issues. This set was very impressive. The sculpts are mostly very well done, but as you would expect some I like some I don't. However the paint jobs on these are a big A+. Every mini I pulled was consistently good, well painted faces with easy to make out details. I received a full set and had no incidence of breakages in the cases. In fact out of two cases I received one lone mini that was sitting a little bent on its base (the skinny elf archer)

My biggest gripe is the insistence on using long polearm like weapons that inevitable develop a floppy look. It's messy and ruins the overall aesthetic of the mini wielding them.

The highlight for me is the leaping Boggard. Love it. Great detail, interesting sculpt.

Overall a great set that had me buying two cases, something I haven't done since the shattered star set.


As expected

****( )

Hi Everyone this is my 5th Case by now and nothing has changed much.
The Sculpts in this one here are wonderful, except for the Piggy. I have so many NPC and Animal Figures, i had to put them in a seperate Place.

Anyway, the figures are overall well done. In my case there seemed to be a problem with the Elf Archer. 1 was Ok, 1 leaning of his Base and 1 completely broken of.
As always i got a full Set and the Hill Giants will come in Handy during the next King Maker AP.

See you soon :)


great

*****

I ordered a brick of these. I really love the sculpts on this set, and the varied monsters included. Really great. The elementals are useful. I'm a big fan of these minis, the paint job on all of mine are really good even the humans which im surprised about. Could have just been lucky, but ive seen some of the terrible paint jobs and i didnt get any on this one.

Love the larges too, hill giant and troll look great and just the right amount of intimidating when you break them out. The Pazuzu is my favoruite monster i got though, looks fantastic.


1 to 5 of 6 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
1 to 50 of 105 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Maps Subscriber

Very excited to hear (and see) that The Lost Coast is the next PF Battles set release. The cultists look great and hearing that there will be some additional Lamashtu cult inspired minis is also very cool. (Could one hope to see a Medium (or Large) Lamashtu herself? A Rare mini of course).

And, since Lamashtu and Pazuzu's rivalry has long been established (and both have designs on The Lost Coast and Varisia in particular) could we also possibly see a Pazuzu miniature (also of the Rare rarity).

Well, no matter what minis we get to see, I am looking forward to The Lost Coast set.


There appears to be a little error in the blurb:

Blurb wrote:
Lost Coast is the latest 45-figure set release in the award-winning Lost Coast line of miniatures from Paizo and WizKids Games!

The bolded part should be "Pathfinder Battles", I think.

Otherwise, as a "frontier" region, the Lost Coast and Varisia offer lots of variety for a non-AP-themed set to draw on. That it will happen to also be useful for people running 4 different APs in the surrounding area is good, as well.

Webstore Gninja Minion

Urath DM wrote:

There appears to be a little error in the blurb:

Blurb wrote:
Lost Coast is the latest 45-figure set release in the award-winning Lost Coast line of miniatures from Paizo and WizKids Games!
The bolded part should be "Pathfinder Battles", I think.

Indeed!


1)So far so good. The small elementals as commons are awesome for summon monster spells and encounters A+ strategy there.
2) Lamashtu cultist and thugs- Awesome encounter squad. Great for any Lamashtu based adventure A+
3) Forest Drake- Solid encounter piece more likely to be encountered than a dragon, and can appear in multiples. So overall B+
4) Giant Frilled lizard- I love animal sculpts but pardon the pun this seems like a likely fringe encounter as in not likely to be seen a lot so a B
5)Medium Brass Dragon- This a 50/50 for me. I play good dragons as wary and paranoid and likely still will attack an adventuring party if their home or territory is threatened. I know some people like to play good dragons as super benevolent and friendly, so this could go either way depending on the person. But dragons are always a solid choice.
6)Shemhazian demon- I will wait for the final sculpt to pass personal judgement. But the idea of a non dragon garagantuan is appealing and I hope it looks awesome.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, I was interested in this line when I saw the Brass Dragon and the Lamashtu cultists, but I've been sold on it with the inclusion of Brodert Quink. I can't resist his sexy glasses and sagey ways. Pre-order, here I come.

Silver Crusade

bleeyargh wrote:
Yeah, I was interested in this line when I saw the Brass Dragon and the Lamashtu cultists, but I've been sold on it with the inclusion of Brodert Quink. I can't resist his sexy glasses and sagey ways. Pre-order, here I come.

This.

I have a TON of monster and maniac minis, but I need more "regular joes".


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Hm. Four different APs. RotRL, The Shattered Star. Which are the other two? I know I could look at the APs and probably figure it out, but I'm lazy. :-)


Curse of the Crimson Throne and Second Darkness

CotCT:
Starts and ends in Korvosa with a trip to the Storval Plateau in between

SD:
Starts in Riddleport, and then moves to the Mierani Forest before "going underground"


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Ah, I see, thanks!

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

The ability to order multiple cases as part of a subscription looks to have disappeared from the subscription page. Is it no longer possible? Does it not matter now? I always thought it was a cheaper option.

Development Manager

Hrm, OK, I'll add it to our incident list to be looked at. Thanks for letting us know!


So does this mean that we have stopped getting sets themed for AP's?

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

So Cort any news on whether the subs are now limited to one per individual or is this an error. I would really like to sub for two since this almost reduced the price by 2/3 here in Australia.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
DM Wellard wrote:
So does this mean that we have stopped getting sets themed for AP's?

They've decided to take a break from them for at least a few sets at yet unclear when/if they'll move back to ap sets

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Cat-thulhu wrote:
So Cort any news on whether the subs are now limited to one per individual or is this an error. I would really like to sub for two since this almost reduced the price by 2/3 here in Australia.

Customer service can adjust your quantities—just drop them a note.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Enlight_Bystand wrote:
DM Wellard wrote:
So does this mean that we have stopped getting sets themed for AP's?
They've decided to take a break from them for at least a few sets at yet unclear when/if they'll move back to ap sets

While not as many people play PFS, I would love some sets that are based on upcoming season. For example, I have absolutely zero robots or other creatures common to this season in my mini collection.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber
Duncan7291 wrote:
Enlight_Bystand wrote:
DM Wellard wrote:
So does this mean that we have stopped getting sets themed for AP's?
They've decided to take a break from them for at least a few sets at yet unclear when/if they'll move back to ap sets
While not as many people play PFS, I would love some sets that are based on upcoming season. For example, I have absolutely zero robots or other creatures common to this season in my mini collection.

These can easily be found in the star wars mini lines, and are very polarizing to the "don't get sci-fi in my fantasy" people.


So, this is my first case subscription order where the case wasn't already in stock (I started my mini's subscription after RoW released) a bit curious that I see these in stock in my FLGS today but I don't have them yet??? I thought subscriptions shipped before the release dates, is that not correct?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

It takes them a couple of weeks to get all of the subscriptions out, so you may be before the street date or after the street date.

If you look at the current month subscription thread in the customer service it tells you the shipping dates and the street dates of the minis and everything else there are subscriptions for.

Scarab Sages

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

I looked the street date is tomorrow and Paizo plans to have the shipping done on the 21st.

Speaking of street dates, I saw these at my local game store a week ago. Looks like they jumped the gun.


I've actually already received one of my orders of singles, but the other hasn't even shipped yet. Apparently one online retailer doesn't respect the street date but another does.


I have noticed that the street date seems to be more of a suggestion than a rule for FLGS in many areas, not just Pathfinder figures.

Scarab Sages

So I'd say these minis look pretty good. I feel like they look better than the last couple sets. There is one troublesome character. The City Watch which is a lady with a crossbow. We got 3 of her and 2 of them were bad. That's not a good ratio. I'm waiting to hear back on a replacement.

I wish some of the minis like the fire giant king and the hill giant in suspenders had been unique as I don't see my self needing the 3 of each that I got. I feel that overall there are quite a few more day-to-day usable minis here than from Reign of Winter which had all those weird 6-legged weasels or whatever.


I have received three trolls, a hill giant, the ogre character, and the promo demon. All of which are excellent though I think giants might benefit in the future from the semi-huge treatment the troll champion got to distinguish them from ogres.

Scarab Sages

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

I thought the stone giant was a bit under sized. Really liked several of them a lot. The Fire Giant is good, and the ogre, and premium mini. They were others that were really great. Not many I thought were bad. Had a Boggard broken off its clear post. I couple of them were bent over. I like how many Cult of Lamashtu members I got. I think I will use them as priests of Orcus in my Rappan Ahtuk.

Speaking of Lamashtu, that figure is great. Are we going to start getting Dieties. If so how about Asmodeous next.

I would also like to see a couple of Collassal (sp) creatures. Not a dragon I have one, but maybe a demon of some kind or a worm like creature, spider (like the one in Serpent Skull). I would not want many but two or three of different types would be great.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Redacted for my own reading comprehension issues... Carry on


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

@ Galnorag: Read "And Now, the Bad News" at the bottom of this preview blog.

Erik Mona wrote:

Last time we met with WizKids, they brought in samples of the repainted Feiya and King Irovetti, two figures from previous sets that did not get the paint application they deserved and hence resulted in a lot of justified complaints. I’m happy to say that King Irovetti looked fantastic. Amazing, even.

I’m unhappy to say that Feiya still looked pretty bad, especially in the face department. WizKids was very up front about this before we ever saw the figure, but the end result is that after testing several different repainting options, WizKids has come to the conclusion that the problem with the Feiya miniature is in fact the sculpt, in particular the lack of deep detail on the face that leads to the paint obscuring most of what detail is actually there.

That means that the existing Feiya sculpt is not going to work for the proposed replacement figures that were set to be inserted into The Lost Coast. WizKids is going back to sculpt on the figure. They’ll now create a new Feiya sculpt with their current digital sculpting tools, with a pose that attempts to match as closely as possible the original figure, but with a better face sculpt.

That means that the Feiya and King Irovetti replacement figures will not appear in The Lost Coast, and will instead be inserted into the next set we do after that. We apologize for the delay, but I for one am impressed with WizKids taking the initiative to fix the problem. None of us needs more bad Feiya figures.

So, yeah, mild disappointment there, but they are still committed to creating replacement figures, and I’m confident that the new sculpt will be amazing.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

My foolish post aside, I'm really loving the quality in this set. From a packing perspective, I have 0 broken or mutilated figs (i.e. Missing arms.). That is a first for me, and I've bought a case of each from the beginning.

From a painting and detail perspective the rates are top notch, especially the iconics, the alchemist especially.

I love the pose on the leaping frog, and the mutant goblin.

The only weird one is the frilled lizard, whose raised claw seems to have a different bone and musculature as compared to the three on the ground. Does he have 1 hand with opposable claws? (My biologist wife gets credit for this one, but now I can't unsee it.)

All and all this set is great, and I feel prepared for Giantslayer.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Greg Hurst wrote:


I wish some of the minis like the fire giant king and the hill giant in suspenders had been unique as I don't see my self needing the 3 of each that I got. I feel that overall there are quite a few more day-to-day usable minis here than from Reign of Winter which had all those weird 6-legged weasels or whatever.

Expect the distribution (and general utility) of figures in future sets to align a bit more with your expectations. This set had to absorb a few figures cut from previous ones, which is why those two giants are uncommons, for example. This type of thing becomes less common going forward from here.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I for one liked the animals in Reign of Winter. Im hoping that the next small set is animals and familars (similar to what yall did with undead and goblins).

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Overall, I'm extremely happy with this set.

I bought a case, and the distribution is pretty good - I got the set, and I'm pretty happy with which minis were duplicated.

My only serious problem was that 2 of my 3 leaping boggards had snapped "stems", and one Haughty Avenger was off its base.

On the positive side, most of the paint jobs were more than acceptable. Damiel, in particular, is incredible! And the sculpts are far better in hand than any of the photos show.

Definitely one of the better sets.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I just grabbed a booster at the FLGS:

10 Firepelt Cougar
13 Lamashtu Thug #2
14 Shifty Noble
27 Forest Drake

An overall solid entry in the line. If you regularly buy these minis, then you won't be disappointed by this set. Definitely much better rarity and general figure choices than the last set, but there remains some room for improvement (why two boggards? The world really needs a 2nd wolf much more than it needed that second boggard). Good sculpts, generally good paint jobs (the exception being my shifty noble, who is completely faceless). The cost per figure remains relatively high, but in fairness I think that's just the price point needed to sustain the line. To warrant five stars at this price, however, I believe a set needs to be packed full of figures with a very high utility. This one is close, but not there yet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Bravo for a really nice set of mini's.

My wish for a mini someday is for a tiny fearie type mini. This sort of mini does not exist in any form of plastic mini that I can find; no pathfinder battles, no D&D plastic mini's, nothing at all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Still waiting for my subscription order to ship. I got my notification email on the case incentive figure's shipping label being printed today, but nothing about the actual case, kind of disappointed. What good is a subscription/pre-order if you don't get the items until two weeks after they are released?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps Subscriber
roysier wrote:

Bravo for a really nice set of mini's.

My wish for a mini someday is for a tiny fearie type mini. This sort of mini does not exist in any form of plastic mini that I can find; no pathfinder battles, no D&D plastic mini's, nothing at all.

I have seen some superhero type heroic that make good fairies. You will have to rebase them and possibly change some paint to your taste.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps Subscriber
wally.west wrote:
Still waiting for my subscription order to ship. I got my notification email on the case incentive figure's shipping label being printed today, but nothing about the actual case, kind of disappointed. What good is a subscription/pre-order if you don't get the items until two weeks after they are released?

Totally agree, this entering the realm of unacceptable.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps Subscriber
Brell Stormforge wrote:
roysier wrote:

Bravo for a really nice set of mini's.

My wish for a mini someday is for a tiny fearie type mini. This sort of mini does not exist in any form of plastic mini that I can find; no pathfinder battles, no D&D plastic mini's, nothing at all.

I meant Heroclix, but auto correct made me say "heroics".

I have seen some superhero type Heroclix that make good fairies. You will have to rebase them and possibly change some paint to your taste.


bugleyman wrote:

I just grabbed a booster at the FLGS:

10 Firepelt Cougar
13 Lamashtu Thug #2
14 Shifty Noble
27 Forest Drake

An overall solid entry in the line. If you regularly buy these minis, then you won't be disappointed by this set. Definitely much better rarity and general figure choices than the last set, but there remains some room for improvement (why two boggards? The world really needs a 2nd wolf much more than it needed that second boggard). Good sculpts, generally good paint jobs (the exception being my shifty noble, who is completely faceless). The cost per figure remains relatively high, but in fairness I think that's just the price point needed to sustain the line. To warrant five stars at this price, however, I believe a set needs to be packed full of figures with a very high utility. This one is close, but not there yet.

I agree with this. I picked up a set out of curiosity this weekend and was overall happy with the way things look (although the hill giant in overalls isn't really to my tastes..) I'd love more sets like the goblins or undead one offs that can fill in for commonly fought monsters or even humanoids -- guards, brigands, random adventurer types and so on. Fae like roysier mentioned. The sets as they stand now end up with some very specific monsters that are nice for the APs, but may not see a lot of use at other times.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps Subscriber

Agree about the giant. Looks like he is wearing blue jean overalls which is out of place. I plan on repainting his clothes to look like they are made out of the full skins of many different animals sewn together, might even mix in the hide of a halfling or two.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

bugleyman wrote:


(why two boggards? The world really needs a 2nd wolf much more than it needed that second boggard).

I included two boggards in the set because I like to mix up the sculpts for similar groups of creatures to make for more flavorful encounters. Generally speaking, I'd prefer to do a common "warrior" type, a common "archer" type, uncommon "brutes" for advanced or leveled martial monsters, and rare leader and spellcaster types. Until I've covered all of those bases, I don't really consider myself "done" with a somewhat common race.

As for more wolves, we still need a dire wolf and worg, both of which are more likely than another wolf. I know they've been out a while, but it seems to me like the original D&D Minis sets were lousy with canines, so I assume at least a decent number of collectors are good as far as Medium wolves are concerned.

We'll probably do another one, as the single from Heroes & Monsters was VERY popular, but in the meantime you can pick up Harbinger wolves from the old DDM line for five bucks on ebay. I just checked, and there are plenty to be had.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

The goblin and undead sets did not sell well enough for WizKids to be interested in that format.

There will not be any more sets like that in the foreseeable future. Everybody loved them, but not enough people bought them. :)

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

And, btw, apologies on any shipping mishaps on Lost Coast orders. It was a top agenda item at today's management meeting and all departments of the company are treating it very seriously. I am informed that a solution is in the works, and beg for a couple more days' patience as we work through the problem.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:
bugleyman wrote:


(why two boggards? The world really needs a 2nd wolf much more than it needed that second boggard).

I included two boggards in the set because I like to mix up the sculpts for similar groups of creatures to make for more flavorful encounters. Generally speaking, I'd prefer to do a common "warrior" type, a common "archer" type, uncommon "brutes" for advanced or leveled martial monsters, and rare leader and spellcaster types. Until I've covered all of those bases, I don't really consider myself "done" with a somewhat common race.

As for more wolves, we still need a dire wolf and worg, both of which are more likely than another wolf. I know they've been out a while, but it seems to me like the original D&D Minis sets were lousy with canines, so I assume at least a decent number of collectors are good as far as Medium wolves are concerned.

We'll probably do another one, as the single from Heroes & Monsters was VERY popular, but in the meantime you can pick up Harbinger wolves from the old DDM line for five bucks on ebay. I just checked, and there are plenty to be had.

No matter what you put out some of us will love it and some hate it. I for one love the boggards. I love all tribal type monsters like goblin, boggard, bullywug, kobolds, gnolls, etc.. I don't care for the clear plastic support pegs (even though I like a leaping boggard), but others may love the clear pegs. What I really find amazing is where else except for Paizo will a CCO point you in the direction of another company to buy a product to fill in your collection. Even though I'm impatient as hell, I still love Paizo and their products.


Erik Mona wrote:

The goblin and undead sets did not sell well enough for WizKids to be interested in that format.

There will not be any more sets like that in the foreseeable future. Everybody loved them, but not enough people bought them. :)

That's too bad. I ended up buying at least half a dozen from each set, and they made such a good impulse purchase. Then again, maybe the fact that people picked them up in $3 increments -- rather than by the case -- was part of the problem.

In any case (*rimshot*), thank you for the transparency.


Erik Mona wrote:
bugleyman wrote:


(why two boggards? The world really needs a 2nd wolf much more than it needed that second boggard).

I included two boggards in the set because I like to mix up the sculpts for similar groups of creatures to make for more flavorful encounters. Generally speaking, I'd prefer to do a common "warrior" type, a common "archer" type, uncommon "brutes" for advanced or leveled martial monsters, and rare leader and spellcaster types. Until I've covered all of those bases, I don't really consider myself "done" with a somewhat common race.

As for more wolves, we still need a dire wolf and worg, both of which are more likely than another wolf. I know they've been out a while, but it seems to me like the original D&D Minis sets were lousy with canines, so I assume at least a decent number of collectors are good as far as Medium wolves are concerned.

We'll probably do another one, as the single from Heroes & Monsters was VERY popular, but in the meantime you can pick up Harbinger wolves from the old DDM line for five bucks on ebay. I just checked, and there are plenty to be had.

Thank you (again) for the reply and insight into the process.

I would submit, however, that the popularity of the H&M wolf -- along with its current Ebay asking price of nearly $10 -- are good indicators that market would appreciate another. Plus wolves also almost always come in groups, and as a further bonus they look good with very few paint steps.

Scarab Sages

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

I bought two boxes of both the goblins and the undead.

I think I did my part.

I get this isn't going to happen, but kobolds would be nice in one of those boxes.

Maybe in a different format.


Wolves, dragons, werewolves, and PC minis are all always insanely popular. It irks me how quickly they shoot up in secondary market price. Though another monster that has the same problem is large sized spider monsters. Medium and huge sized spiders tend to normalize at 1-2 dollars and 5-8 dollars respectively, but large size at always at least 10 dollars and sometimes as high as 15. So if we were to do a "most popular" reissue or new version I'd ask for more large sized spiders.


Alex Smith 908 wrote:
Wolves, dragons, werewolves, and PC minis are all always insanely popular. It irks me how quickly they shoot up in secondary market price. Though another monster that has the same problem is large sized spider monsters. Medium and huge sized spiders tend to normalize at 1-2 dollars and 5-8 dollars respectively, but large size at always at least 10 dollars and sometimes as high as 15. So if we were to do a "most popular" reissue or new version I'd ask for more large sized spiders.

I agree that large spiders are indeed in short supply. May I suggest buying several of these? If you want a consistent look with Pathfinder Battles and/or D&D minis, I suggest gluing them to 2" bases yourself. They have a nice flat spot underneath that makes doing so a snap. :)

Liberty's Edge

I was hopeful to get these by Wednesday, my birthday, as a gift to myself. Looks like I will have to extend my birthday into next week, which is not all bad. Although I am traveling for work, so maybe they will be here by the time I get back.

1 to 50 of 105 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Battles—Lost Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.