A few comments, comparing with previous years:
1) I really missed third party games and game space. The pinboard was nice but not a good substitute.
2) I stayed at a crappy hotel down the road which was much cheaper and had free internet access; the upside to that was that it was closer to other restaurants. While the place I stayed was a bit of a fleabag, it was a better choice overall. Don't overlook access to food and drink outside of the hotel.
3) The presentations were especially interesting this year. Everyone was on their game, and the third party stuff - presentation by Gary McBride was very interesting.
4) The demo by Sasquatch Studio was fun. Id like to see more third parties demoing their settings like that.
5) Banquet was a big improvement over last year, both in quality and presentation.