The Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign

Game Master GM Red

Currently: #40 Hall of Drunken Heroes

Initiative:

[dice=D]1d20+14[/dice
[dice=Gallix]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Mr P]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Uesugi]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Cup]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Sirettis]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Longjing]1d20+2[/dice


5,251 to 5,300 of 6,440 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 8 HP: 50/50 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+8 Perception +15, Sense Motive +8 (1st: 7/7, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 3/3, Arcana: 10/14) Effects: False Life

Mr Peppers nods with a stern face as he sees his bolt did its job, and then when an overgrown Uesugi jumps in front of him that stern face turns to a big smile "Let me reiterate Uesugi how much I enjoy your company at times like these..."

Then the expected blast of acid comes, causing the Elf to flinch back a bit Better he than I... he'll be fine.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Mage Armor | HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 8 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 15 | Spells -/6/5/5/2 | GM Reroll +1 | Hex: Disguise | Prot Energy (Lightning) 96 | Heroism on Gallix

"Your betrayal saddens all of us, Razethka. Unfortunately your efforts will be in vain."

She calls to her allies. "Focus on the dragon. I will handle these two." She turns to the Sahaugin. "Now is not the time for conflict. Calm down."

I'm casting Calm Emotions . Will Save DC 17 to resist calming down.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 8 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 75/75 | Init +3 | F:+8 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 4 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 4/4 | Challenge 1/3
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 39 charges

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Uesugi instinctively moves in front of Mr. Peppers shielding the frail elf from the blast but in turn feels the full effect of brine dragon's breath attack.

"WE...all have our...roles. Let us finish this now!" Uesugi grinds his teeth as the acid burns through the magical aid provided by the archon.

HP should be at -10 GM

Uesugi retaliates and sends a blade from his crown at the brine dragon.

crown of swords 'first strike'+gh: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Concordance

3 people marked this as a favorite.
149000-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Not that it would have helped you on THAT roll, but Good Hope applies to saving throws too! Also remember that Good Hope and Inspire Courage apply to your Melee damage!

IMMEDIATE ACTION

Cup casts Saving Finale on Uesugi, because every hit point matters against a dragon!

Uesugi’s Reflex Reroll: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20

STANDARD ACTION

Cup glitters the brine dragon, in case Razethka tries to hide again!

DC 17 or be blinded... This bypasses spell resistance.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 8 HP 71/71 | AC 22, Touch 13, Flatfooted 19, CMD 24* | Saves F+10, R+10, W+4 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status: Mutagen, Heroism, See Invis.

Question for the GM: my mutagen has the Beastmorph property, which means it adds 10 feet to my "base speed". Would this apply whenever I gain additional types of movement, like swim speeds? So, does the combination of Monkey Fish and my Mutagen together give me a 20 foot swim speed?

Gallix kicks hard to swim through the openings in the enormous shell toward the traitorous brine dragon. "Coming through, folks. You guys stay back and let 'Sugi and I take care of Raz. D, feel free to send in some of your dark blasts too! As for me, I picked up some tricks from the Twinhorns when we fought together. Let's see how it works out."

If Swim speed is 20ft:
Move, free action to use my Martial Tradition boon and gain the use of Power Attack for 3 rounds, then attack with Thundergale. This attack will also use the Brawler's Knockout ability. If the attack hits and deals damage, Razethka must make a DC 19 Fortitude save or fall unconscious for 1d6 rounds.
Gallix swings Aquel's morningstar with both hands at the dragon, grateful that the spikes on the weapon should make it somewhat hydrodynamic. As he brings the weapon down in an overhead strike, he calls to the dragon, "Time to go night night!"
Thundergale, Mutagen, IC/GH, PA: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 2 + 4 - 4 = 30 Damage (B+P), Mutagen, IC/GH, PA (2 handed); Shock damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 6 = 251d6 ⇒ 1

If Swim speed is 10ft:
Move 10 ft and use a standard action to use my Ranginori's Debt boon to cast a spell.
Gallix swims ahead, but realizes he can't make it all the way to the dragon without exposing himself to an attack without even getting one off himself. Suddenly, a feeling like a gentle breeze washes over him, and he suddenly recalls the Elemental Lord Ranginori whom he and the rest of the Pathfinder Society had helped free from Aucturn's Tear. Inspired by the breeze, he looks down at the electrically infused weapon in his hand, then reaches out to that gentle breeze. He raises and hand, slams it down on the spikes of the weapon, then clutches at the arcs of electricity coursing off it like a bundle of wires. He raises his ball of electricity above his head and, with a smile, mutters, "Hey Peppers, check this out!"
[ooc]Casting Lightning Bolt! DC 13 Reflex for half.
Lightning Bolt?!: 7d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 1, 1, 5, 1, 5) = 20

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Looks like Uesugi takes no damage beyond his temp. HP with that Saving Finale. And yes Gallix, I believe it does apply

Will Save, Black sahuagin + shaken: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 = 15
Will Save, Red sahuagin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Razethka, Fort save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Razethka, Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

One sahuagin is much too angry to calm down, but the black one drops his guard. "Dude... This water... So crystalline and cool."

Uesugi's magical force sword pokes Razethka laughably in retaliation. Gallix slams Thundergale into Razethka's scaled maw, but she's steady enough to avoid falling unconscious. "Ah, how brave of you to come this close to me. We'll see who goes night night in just a few seconds." Cup tosses a handful of dust into the water, blinding the dragon!

Zahra screams from the throne. "Red Arm of Absalom, I was foolish to trust Razethka. She had helped with a previous expedition, so I had no reason to believe she was so corrupt. PITIFUL!" She yells, tugging at the seaweed ropes binding her down.

The Betrayal
D.Arth
Sahuagin black (calmed, -33) and red
Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Longjing (-12)
Razethka the Scarred (blinded, -29)
Gallix, Cup, Sirettis

Dark Archive

Active effects:
5 burn, 5% per point of burn chance of negating a sneak attack or crit.
HP: 66/66, [Overflow HP: 73/73] (7 temp HP) AC: 18/15/14. F+10, R+10, W+4, Init +10, Perc +8, low light vision, spd 30ft

D. moves 5ft north.

The water hums as he gathers energy.
Dark energy, inspire, Good hope, cover: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 31 Dmg, inspire, GH, PBS, overflow: 4d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 4) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 29

+50% for 43.

Crit?: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 19 Dmg, inspire, GH, PBS, overflow: 4d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 6) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 31
+50% if hits, for 46.

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

I have moved D.Arth so that he has LoS with Razethka, and I moved Gallix up next to Razethka given his previous attack.

D.Arth's blast is particularly powerful, and he blasts some scales off of Razethka, revealing some of the scars underneath the anemones she had used as concealer. Not quite critically

Sahuagin black continues staring into space. "Man, the blues and purples, so cool..."

"You idiot, snap out of it!" The red one growls, rushing towards Uesugi and provoking

Trident: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 201d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The Betrayal
D.Arth
Sahuagin black (calmed, -33) and red
Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Longjing (-12)
Razethka the Scarred (blinded, -72)
Gallix, Cup, Sirettis

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 8 HP: 50/50 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+8 Perception +15, Sense Motive +8 (1st: 7/7, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 3/3, Arcana: 10/14) Effects: False Life

Mr Peppers nods in thanks to Uesugi as he sees Sirettis take up shop nearby "Heading down here, holler if you need me!"

He kicks his flippered feet quickly and swims down the hall, peeking around the corner and weaving a spell.. THE spell... and 5 glowing missiles fly around the corner at the dragon.

Casting Magic Missile with +2 CL: Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 305d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 1, 4) + 5 = 15

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 8 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 75/75 | Init +3 | F:+8 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 4 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 4/4 | Challenge 1/3
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 39 charges

AoO

Uesugi watches as the sahuagin attempts to close quarters with him and slices his blade to meet the battle crazed creature.

katana 1st strike '2hand'+p.a+i.c+g.h+haste: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 23
If hit=True Cornugan Strike (demoralize): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
damage (enlarge)+p.a+i.c+g.h: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3) + 7 + 6 + 2 + 2 = 25

Uesugi eyes the dragon out the corner of his eye and propels his blade of force to attack Razethka again.

crown of swords 'first strike' + buffs: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

crown of swords 'second strike' + buffs: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

His attention never waning from his immediate threat he waits for Little Dragon to distact the sahuagin and then strikes three times looking to end the creature's life.

Longjing
Dragon Attack, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste aid another Uesugi: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 18

Uesugi
katana 1st strike '2hand'+p.a+a.a+i.c+g.h+haste: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 24
If hit=True Cornugan Strike (demoralize): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
damage (enlarge)+p.a+i.c+g.h: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 + 6 + 2 + 2 = 20

katana 2nd strike '2hand'+p.a+i.c+g.h+haste: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 20
If hit=True Cornugan Strike (demoralize): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
damage (enlarge)+p.a+i.c+g.h: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 7 + 6 + 2 + 2 = 26

katana 1st strike '2hand'+p.a+i.c+g.h+haste: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 28
If hit=True Cornugan Strike (demoralize): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
damage (enlarge)+p.a+i.c+g.h: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 7 + 6 + 2 + 2 = 24

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

AoO Longjing: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 301d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Mr. Peppers lets fly a barrage of magical missiles and Uesugi strikes the sahuagin opportunely. The blade of force misses Razethka, and then Uesugi strikes twice more, one slice bloodying up the sahuagin! Underwater penalties and no haste

Razethka roars into the water, angered she'd managed to take so many wounds from mere humans and elves (and gnomes). "And now... You die."

Bite B/S/P: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 302d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 1) + 13 = 20
Claw B/S: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 351d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Claw B/S: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 331d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Tail Slap B: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 341d8 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Wing B: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 281d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Wing B: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 231d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Not halved because a brine dragon is native to water. Sorry, man! Saved by the Temp HP.

Razethka first bites Gallix's side, then claws through his chest and smacks him in the face with her tail. After releasing him, she bludgeons the bloodied brawler with both wings. Gallix passes out from the pain.

She adds a mighty roar afterwards for effect "You weak sack of bones and flesh. Did you really think you could take on a dragon?"

The Betrayal
D.Arth
Sahuagin black (calmed, -33) and red (-22)
Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Longjing (-21)
Razethka the Scarred (blinded, -87)
Gallix (-68, roll to stabilize), Cup, Sirettis

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Mage Armor | HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 8 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 15 | Spells -/6/5/5/2 | GM Reroll +1 | Hex: Disguise | Prot Energy (Lightning) 96 | Heroism on Gallix
GM Red wrote:

Razethka first bites Gallix's side, then claws through his chest and smacks him in the face with her tail. After releasing him, she bludgeons the bloodied brawler with both wings. Gallix passes out from the pain.

She adds a mighty roar afterwards for effect "You weak sack of bones and flesh. Did you really think you could take on a dragon?"

Sirettis breaks her concentration on Calm Emotions, swims north and points her hands at the dragon. "Yes. Yes we will."

Time to cast Snowball at the dragon!

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Cold Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 5, 3) = 17
Fort Save DC 16 or it's staggered for 1 round. There is no SR check.

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 8 HP 71/71 | AC 22, Touch 13, Flatfooted 19, CMD 24* | Saves F+10, R+10, W+4 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status: Mutagen, Heroism, See Invis.

Yikes! That was close!

Stabilize DC 16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Gallix continues to bleed into the water, his wounds far too great for him to recover so easily.

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Razethka doesn't end up staggered, but does take an insulting icy ball to the face!

The Betrayal
D.Arth
Sahuagin black (calmed, -33) and red (-22)
Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Longjing (-21)
Razethka the Scarred (blinded, -104)
Gallix (-68, unstable), Cup

Dark Archive

Active effects:
5 burn, 5% per point of burn chance of negating a sneak attack or crit.
HP: 66/66, [Overflow HP: 73/73] (7 temp HP) AC: 18/15/14. F+10, R+10, W+4, Init +10, Perc +8, low light vision, spd 30ft

Indeed we shall, Sirettis.

D. prepares more empowered energy goodness.

Dark energy blast, inspire, PBS, Good Hope, overflow, cover?: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 24 Dmg, inspire, GH, overflow, PBS: 4d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 3) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 19

Low on the dmg, ah well.
+50% for 28 dmg.

The Concordance

149000-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Cup casts haste on everyone save Mr. Peppers. “Uesugi, deal with the dragon! The Suahaugin don’t matter!”

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

D.Arth's blast surrounds Razethka, enveloping her in a void of negative energy. The energy tears at her flesh and burns at her internal organs, dozens of deep lacerations splitting her scales. As she struggles to escape, she releases a roar loud enough to cause the entire seashell to tremble, many of the coral walls shattering into pieces, and then slumps to the bottom of the chamber, dead.

Seeing Razethka killed, both Sahuagin rush out of the room, attempting to flee from combat. The duo dart up to the top of the shell and swim back out to the expanse. Red provokes from Uesugi

Combat over!

Dark Archive

Active effects:
5 burn, 5% per point of burn chance of negating a sneak attack or crit.
HP: 66/66, [Overflow HP: 73/73] (7 temp HP) AC: 18/15/14. F+10, R+10, W+4, Init +10, Perc +8, low light vision, spd 30ft

(Blink)

(Blink)

Nice view.....

"That was.. a spectacular ending to a dragon."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 8 HP: 50/50 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+8 Perception +15, Sense Motive +8 (1st: 7/7, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 3/3, Arcana: 10/14) Effects: False Life

Tall, dark, and aquatic stops casting his next spell as the dragon falls limp. He frowns a bit as the coral wall he is standing next to crumbles, covering him with aquatic dust "Someone sure is overly dramatic. Great work team! Oh.. Gallix!" He hustles forward, drawing out his healing wand and trying to make it function on the floating, bleeding Gallix.

UMD, Wand of CLW on Gallix, DC20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 321d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Get up you drunkard, you've got more time yet!" He uses the wand yet again.

UMD, Wand of CLW on Gallix, DC20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 231d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Mage Armor | HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 8 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 15 | Spells -/6/5/5/2 | GM Reroll +1 | Hex: Disguise | Prot Energy (Lightning) 96 | Heroism on Gallix

"Foolish dragon." Sirettis swims up to Gallix. "You are not responsible for your ancestor's actions, you had a chance to choose your own path and you wasted it."

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

"Um, I'm glad that's over, but could we get a little help here, please?" Zahra shouts from the throne room, tugging at her seaweed bindings.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 8 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 75/75 | Init +3 | F:+8 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 4 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 4/4 | Challenge 1/3
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 39 charges

Uesugi lets the sahaugin swim away his concern centered on his fallen brother. "Take your time to make sure the barbarian is alright to move. Whatever threat there was is now done. As is the traitor." Uesugi swims over to the dead traitor "The creature will befoul this temple both in physical and in spiritual form. But it will not matter now this place will soon be abandoned by all I think."

Uesugi heads over to Zahara and begins to free her from her binds.

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 8 HP 71/71 | AC 22, Touch 13, Flatfooted 19, CMD 24* | Saves F+10, R+10, W+4 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status: Mutagen, Heroism, See Invis.

Gallix blinks to consciousness as Peppers and Sirettis heal him. As he rights himself in the water, he looks to his friends and asks, ”So on a scale of one to ten, how awesome was that?” A smile splits across his face and he wipes the blood away from his lips. ”Man, I wish I could’ve gotten in a couple more hits, but I gotta say I felt pretty damn cool taking a couple whacks at this bastard.” He lays a hand on the dragon and chuckles. ”What did I tell you? We’re the Red Arm of Absalom...”

He hands Sirettis his wand and asks for a few more hits of healing.

CLW x4: 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 1, 3, 4) + 4 = 20 Up to 32hp. That’ll do for now.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 8 HP: 50/50 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+8 Perception +15, Sense Motive +8 (1st: 7/7, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 3/3, Arcana: 10/14) Effects: False Life

Mr Peppers apprehensively claps Gallix on the shoulder when he gets up "Welcome back drunkard. You did great, well, other than the almost dying part. Lets go check on Zahara."

He puts his wand away and swims over with the others, but not before double checking the dragon is indeed dead. Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Sovereign Court

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Razethka is deader than dead, though her scales and head are free for the taking should D.Arth want a living room trophy for his estate.

Zahra rubs her wrists and wounds as Uesugi cuts down the seaweed ropes. "It seems you have found both The Breath of Lysianassa and Riam's last spawn. The expedition was a success, though many maridar perished, you've saved the two here," she looks back at the other two hostages that had been chained to the throne, a sullen look on her face. "Regardless, Vialesk is safe now. Let us return in triumph!"

Aquel offers her thanks and tells you she'll return to Elysium. She tells you that now untethered from Lysianassa's Breath, the giant shell will slowly sink to the bottom of the sea.

The trip back to Vialesk is uneventful, and luckily, Zahra provides you with enough water breathing potions to last you the duration of the trip. A funeral feast is held in recognition of the slain maridar, and after the feast, the surviving maridar offer to carve coral sculptures in honor of each of you, though Gallix's constant revisions on what the perfect pose for his sculpture would be means the job takes several hours longer, and makes for some annoyed undine!

Back at Grand Lodge, Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr is relieved to see you. She examines The Breath of Lysianassa with her mouth agape. "I've never seen something quite this powerful. Congratulations on a successful trip to the Plane of Water, and retrieval of the artifact into the Society's care. It is sad to hear a trusted ally of Zahra's turned out to be a two-timing dragon, but I suppose you can never be sure. Either way, well done!"

Scenario's done, and all boons were obtained! (Including the Dark Archive one for you Zarta lovers)

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Sirettis's Familiar | Mage Armor | HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 8 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 15 | Spells -/6/5/5/2 | GM Reroll +1 | Hex: Disguise | Prot Energy (Lightning) 96 | Heroism on Gallix

<Take that, you vile traitorous dragon! Watching you chill it before the very life was snuffed out... so exciting!> It speaks through the streams of water. <Too bad you didn't get to try your other new ability on her- it only affects humanoids. Harumph.>

Sirettis is surprised to hear it, even out here. She almost does a double take over high excited it is. We have lost many lives today, although we have made a few important allies.

<Oh yes. Keep an eye on Zahra. If she tries to skimp on any of those potions, crush her mind and take the potions for yourself! No way will you die here!>

Sirettis shakes her head and looks at Isa. "Can you hear it now, Isa?"

Isa chirps, uncomfortably. "Yeah, I can hear it just fine. Is it always this excited? Or is it a thing with traitors?"

Sirettis ponders for a moment before shrugging.

The next few weeks are spent enjoying the waters of the grand seas. "It's like a never ending beach. I do miss the coasts. It was one of the few times my previous owners would let me enjoy myself- they were usually asleep."

She is very reluctant to take a sculpture in her image, but Sirettis eventually relents and opts for a very neutral pose, except for her gaze- she wants it to stare directly at the viewer. The Undines are glad she finally decided on a pose, unlike that weird human...

In between this mission, Sirettis spends her time on the docks of Absalom, watching ships go to and fro from dusk to dawn. Just watching everyone go to and fro, she wonders. This is where I want to be. At the sea's edge, surrounded by those capable of acts of benevolence.

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Active effects:
5 burn, 5% per point of burn chance of negating a sneak attack or crit.
HP: 66/66, [Overflow HP: 73/73] (7 temp HP) AC: 18/15/14. F+10, R+10, W+4, Init +10, Perc +8, low light vision, spd 30ft
GM wrote:
Razethka is deader than dead, though her scales and head are free for the taking should D.Arth want a living room trophy for his estate.

Why, indeed they would look nice on the wall.

D. uses his red energy katana to cut off the dragon's head.
Along with it, he takes 6 scales.

Back at the lodge (since i presume we don't drop off items before that),

"Two-timing, yes. A bother no more, though."

After it all, D. hovers the dragon head and scales to his estate, much to the surprise and shock of some of his retainers, and places it on the edge.
After that, he finds a taxidermist, to properly turn the dragon's head into a piece fit for a wall's display.

He pays the man with a dragon scale.
"Those can be crafted into various things of your choosing."

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 8 HP 71/71 | AC 22, Touch 13, Flatfooted 19, CMD 24* | Saves F+10, R+10, W+4 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status: Mutagen, Heroism, See Invis.

As the undines try to begin shaping his sculpture, Gallix sighs heavily. "Listen, you don't understand. We're talking about immortalizing the one and only Gorgeous Gallix Granbonne! This isn't the time for making rash decisions!" He pauses for a moment, actually hearing the words he just spoke, then smiles. "Wait a minute! Of course it is. Alright, I'm gonna do some sparring. I want you to tell me the exact moment you want me to stop, and that will be my pose! Ready? Let's go!"

Upon returning to Absalom, Gallix walks around the city with his head puffed out even more than usual. Around his next, he wears a chain with a dragon scale hanging from it as a pendant. He makes his way to some of his favorite bars, soaking up the attention as he retells the story of how he and his companions killed a dragon, and how he almost died in the effort. By the end of the night, he is nearly falling over drunk from all the free drinks he had earned. "Ah, the life of a hero," he says to himself. "I could definitely get used to this!"

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 8 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 75/75 | Init +3 | F:+8 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 4 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 4/4 | Challenge 1/3
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 39 charges

Uesugi is quiet on the journey back. The death of the dragon had stirred something in him and he needed time to reflect but here on this different plane of existence there was no chance for that.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 8 HP: 50/50 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+8 Perception +15, Sense Motive +8 (1st: 7/7, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 3/3, Arcana: 10/14) Effects: False Life

During the trip back from the shell to the city Mr Peppers is ever a bit concerned with the water breathing issue. "Are you sure we have enough? If there is a way for me to learn the spell from a water proof scroll or spellbook I'd be happy to help... no really no trouble!" He seems pretty concerned with not being able to breath water, its a surprise really he wasn't a bit more concerned on the trip out. He also does his best to study the items with his magical sight on the way back, but the artifact proves to be too powerful.

Back at Vialesk he enjoys himself at the funeral meal, and does his best to put on a diplomatic and consoling front, greatly helped by his headband's magic. "Brave warriors all of them, we've all accomplished great things on the mission. Yes, we very much look forward to working with the city again in the future if needed."

He also proves to be almost as difficult as Gallix when it comes to his statue, doing his best to make sure his robes are arranged just right, his nose presented at the proper angle, and his ears... appear to be a slightly sensitive subject if not put in just the proper perspective.

The Concordance

149000-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Cup is just happy to have saved the day, but when it comes time to put up a statue in Vialesk, she is suddenly shy. “No one has ever done a statue of me before but.... I am just a helper. My team are the real heroes. Oh, and my books too. Maybe we should just do a pile of books for mine?” She starts piling up books on a podium, to remind all undines about the power of reading.

“What do you think?”

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 8 HP: 50/50 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+8 Perception +15, Sense Motive +8 (1st: 7/7, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 3/3, Arcana: 10/14) Effects: False Life

Mr Peppers urges Miss Cup to have a statue done "It won't be representative if we have a group of the Red Arm of Absalom statues here remembering this day if you aren't one of those statues."

He thinks for a moment before adding "I like the books though, maybe you should be standing on the stack of tomes... gets your point across and puts you at eye level with the rest of us, makes reasonable sense and observers can take us all in with one sight line."

Dark Archive

Active effects:
5 burn, 5% per point of burn chance of negating a sneak attack or crit.
HP: 66/66, [Overflow HP: 73/73] (7 temp HP) AC: 18/15/14. F+10, R+10, W+4, Init +10, Perc +8, low light vision, spd 30ft

Considering the size of dragon scales, that's one very large pendant, that Gallix is carrying around his neck.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 8 HP 71/71 | AC 22, Touch 13, Flatfooted 19, CMD 24* | Saves F+10, R+10, W+4 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status: Mutagen, Heroism, See Invis.

That's a good point. Maybe it should be a belt buckle instead?

Dark Archive

Active effects:
5 burn, 5% per point of burn chance of negating a sneak attack or crit.
HP: 66/66, [Overflow HP: 73/73] (7 temp HP) AC: 18/15/14. F+10, R+10, W+4, Init +10, Perc +8, low light vision, spd 30ft

I recall a movie, where 4 scales formed a shield, big enough for a crouching person to hide behind. That should give some idea of the size of one. ;)

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Posting to prevent the game from going inactive. Red Arm inactive? No way!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 8 HP: 50/50 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+8 Perception +15, Sense Motive +8 (1st: 7/7, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 3/3, Arcana: 10/14) Effects: False Life

"Who's there? I totally heard something! Just catching up on some reading here... I'm not bored, nope, not at all..."

The Exchange

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 8 HP 71/71 | AC 22, Touch 13, Flatfooted 19, CMD 24* | Saves F+10, R+10, W+4 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status: Mutagen, Heroism, See Invis.

Typically, when Gallix returns to Absalom from working in the field, he makes a bee-line straight to some of his favorite bars in the city. After burning a few coppers and working his way through however many free drinks he can get with a wink and story, he makes his way back to the Grand Lodge to sleep off whatever new level of inebriation he achieved that night.

On this occasion, however, Gallix is notably absent from the bars. There are no raucous choruses of some of the bar songs he had worked up, like "Three Cheers for the Red Arm" or "When Punchy and Slashy Come to Town." There's not even a passed out man or two in Gallix's bunk at the Lodge. Instead of making his usual rounds to get himself dead-drunk, he makes his way to the Wise District with death on his mind.

After wandering the perfectly maintained and ordered streets between the spires of the places of learning and the walls of the houses of worship, Gallix finds himself on the gate to a small monastery. The headstone of the archway is carved with a relief of a falcon's head surrounded by dwarven runes, and the heavy wooden gate that stands open at the moment is painted a soft green and affixed with gilded studs and handles. For a long time, Gallix stands at the threshold of the monastery, staring up at the falcon's head in silence. Then, a young dwarf maiden strolls through the courtyard just beyond the gate, and she stops, frozen in her tracks. She turns to face Gallix and calls to him, "I'm afraid you're a bit late for our wedding...Gally-poo." Begrilda Hammerhild smiles softly as Gallix's eyes drift down to land upon her, and he steps through the open gateway.

For a long time, they walk and talk together, sharing what they have done in the weeks and months since they last met. After a while, they find a bench to sit on as they talk, and Gallix confides in Begrilda that his most recent missions have been especially dangerous. He tells her that he nearly died a few weeks ago when he traveled to the Plane of Water. He's beginning to realize just how much he fears his own death, not only for himself, but for his friends as well. He knows the pain of loss and separation, and he does not want to bring that to his friends by his carelessness. As he carries on, nearly coming to tears, Begrilda reaches over and gently lays a hand on his arm, bringing him to silence. With tears freely flowing down her cheeks, she smiles and quietly commands him, "Protect yourself." The silence stretches on after that, and soon Begrilda and Gallix embrace. They stand together, walk back to the gate, and the two friends part ways once again.

The Concordance

149000-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

“Oh there you are, Gallix! Quick! Quick! We’re being sent to Magnimar for some big mission from Sheila Heidmarch! Janira told me that they have a teleport spell ready to send us there as soon as we got the whole group together, and I’ve found everyone else!”

Cup is dragging an unhappy Mr. Peppers by the robes. “C’mon, everyone! There’s no time to waste!”

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Sirettis's Familiar | Mage Armor | HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 8 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 15 | Spells -/6/5/5/2 | GM Reroll +1 | Hex: Disguise | Prot Energy (Lightning) 96 | Heroism on Gallix

"It was for the greater good, Sirettis. You left her alone, anyway." Isa tries to comfort Sirettis. She seemed especially withdrawn on her way back. "Grave Treader wanted a non violent solution to calm her friend down. Charming her was the easiest method. Oh come on, speak to me."

Sirettis spent a lot of money on improving her headband, hoping it would pass the time. Hoping it would distract her. It did expand her magical capacity, and it did teach her how to improvise. But it didn't comfort her.

"I should have dispelled the charm as soon as we were ready... I was a coward."

<You were protecting yourself. She would have burned you alive if she was left unchecked. Stop pouting.> The wind blows in her direction. Did Sirettis detect comfort? Sirettis mulls over this as she returns to the Lodge and awaits her next mission.

"Miss Poshkettle." Sirettis puts on her best smile, as she hasn't seen the Gnome in what feels like months. "You seem to be in a hurry- oh. Sheila Heidmarch's orders? Yes, I will come with you." Sirettis feels like Miss Poshkettle is dragging her along as she stumbles to gain her footing.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 8 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 75/75 | Init +3 | F:+8 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 4 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 4/4 | Challenge 1/3
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 39 charges

Prior to the round up

Uesugi nodded as he began his training with the wooden shinai. Dressed in his tatami-do the samurai moved about fluidly striking at points in an invisible foe only he could see.

The armour was heavy but it was necessary to train with it on he needed to know exactly how much force had to be added to each swing. He had encountered many creatures in his travels with the Red Arm clan. Many creatures having different anatomy and defenses to fend off attacks. Uesugi replayed each battle in his mind alone in this dojo.

As he tired with each swing, cut, slice or stab he remembered back to the battle with the simulacrums trying to defend Absalom and Golarion from being wiped out of existence. Closing his eyes his thoughts briefly flashed an image of Lady Aroden and it gave him renewed resolve to continue training.

"Ki!" 'First slash across the leg.'
"Ki!" 'Second strike upward sweep followed by downward slash.'
"Ki!" 'Finish with driving thrust to mid section.'

Again and again he practiced this his eyes firmly closed as he let every muscle in his body memorize each movement. Only when he heard a familiar voice did he stop and ceremoniously kneel to the ground placing his shinai in front of him.

"Greetings Madame Poshkettle. It is too early for a visit and by the excitement in your breathing I take it we are being summoned by the Society?" Uesugi could not help but appreciate Madame Poshkettle's never-ending thirst for adventure.

"Yes! Yes Uesugi! We are being sent to Magnimar for a HUGE mission! They are actually going to teleport us there! This must be VERY important that they can't wait for us to arrive by ship."

"I see. Gather the others. I will meet you at the Grand Lodge." stepping off the mat he turned and faced the center of it bowing respectfully. Placing a hand on Madame Poshkettle's shoulder he nodded to her and watched as she sped off.

"Alright. I am going to grab Peppers! I bet he has missed seeing me all this time! See you there. By the way do you know where Gallix is? No. Alright I'll find him!"

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 8] HP: 75/75 (Overflow +8 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+11, Ref+11, Will+4, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +11, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

D. had been spending some off time at his estate which, under current staff, had become quite a pleasant residence to live in.

Under the delight of tea, D. looked out of the window at the balcony.

I wonder, what will be next.

The answer came rather soon, as a particular gnome lass came calling while approaching the estate.

"It seems it is time for me to be going again."

D. left and opened the door, heading out in a stylish pose.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Whether leaving your manor, completing your training, or reconnecting with former 'fiancées,' you suddenly feel your body dissolve into the air itself. When you regain consciousness, you're standing in the center of a sprawling city on the coast of Varisia. The streets are crowded with excited travelers who all seem destined for Magnimar's local Pathfinder Lodge, and you can't help but notice the word auction is spoken numerous times without discretion.

"Um, it looks like it worked," a small, familiar voice says. Looking down, you spot Janira Garvix leaning up against the side of a dwelling, rubbing a fresh bruise on her knee. Noticing you, she quickly stands up and dusts herself off. "Hey, welcome to Magnimar! So glad you could make it, though anyone who's anyone knows that The Red Arm of Absalom wouldn't miss a single special briefing!" She beams. "You're going to want to make for Heidmarch Manor. Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch has requested Pathfinders from all ends of Golarion to attend. Something about a key?" She shrugs. "Anyway, if you need to buy anything, you may want to get that done now! Her briefing is about to start!"

Meanwhile, a burly dwarf decked out with a grenade belt - but filled with potions instead of grenades - wheels a cart through the street with complete disregard for whoever might be in his way. "Oi! CAH-MIN THROUGH!!!! I gots tons of potions 'n wands, come 'n get 'em while ya can!"

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Mage Armor | HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 8 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 15 | Spells -/6/5/5/2 | GM Reroll +1 | Hex: Disguise | Prot Energy (Lightning) 96 | Heroism on Gallix

"It is... good to see you all again." Sirettis curtsies to the party. "I hope you have kept yourself entertained, Mister Peppers. I'm certain Miss Poshkettle has kept herself busy."

Sirettis takes the opportunity to heal Janira's bruised knee. "It is good to see you again, Janira. Take care."

<Take control of her, as well. You never know when she'll go after you-> Sirettis shakes her head violently before standing up and heading toward the manor.

The Concordance

149000-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

“Oh, I did keep myself busy!” Cup exclaims as they march toward Heidmarch manor. “I was in this big battle to save Absalom... again! This nice noble family from Qadira insisted on adopting me and giving me a noble title, which is a bit weird, but it could prove useful sometime! Oh! I also went into a creepy vault in Kaer Maga to save people from getting their brains scooped out, and learned about some interesting spells to use on monsters.”

She looks brightly up at Sirettis. “And what did you guys do? Did you have a good time without me?’


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Shhh you in the front row, the venture captain is about to speak"

VC Sheila Heidmarch

At the request of hosts Canayven and Sheila Heidmarch, you have been invited to attend a private meeting at Heidmarch Manor. A large number of your fellow Pathfinders have clearly also been given a similar invitation, however the appearance of Sheila Heidmarch suggests all is about to be made clear.

She calls for your attention, and as the noise dies down she begins to speak.

”Dear friends, welcome to Magnimar and the newest Pathfinder Lodge—Heidmarch Manor. For those of you who do not yet know me, my name is Sheila Heidmarch—venture-captain of Magnimar. This lodge is also my home, which I share with my husband Canayven. While we are far from the comforts of the Grand Lodge at Absalom, we shall do our best to accommodate you with our humble Varisian hospitalities. My husband and I both spent many years in the field, so we know well what you do and appreciate that you have answered our summons. We are both extremely grateful to receive you and your support.”

“As you well know, Heidmarch Manor is a new lodge. Presently it is funded almost entirely from my own resources. Although I adore Magnimar, we have as many enemies here as friends. This being the case, I seek to court the favor of more powerful allies, specifically members of the Council of Ushers and the Office of the Lord Mayor.”

“This brings the conversation to our current situation. On one of their more recent salvage runs, the wondrous artificers of the Golemworks uncovered a strange relic while dredging stone from the bottom of Magnimar’s harbor. The relic appears to be some sort of a giant key, etched with ancient Thassilonian runes that their learned arcanists speculate may even predate the coming of the mysterious runelords. Because the key falls outside their area of expertise, the Golemworks donated the curious aritfact to the Office of the Lord Mayor. In turn, the Lord Mayor intends to auction off the key to the highest bidder in short order, to fund municipal projects. The auction will be run by the Cathedral of Abadar, gold in hand—meaning immediately after the final bid is accepted, the bidder must pay for his prize in full.”

“We want the key. However, we want it legally. Our establishment in Magnimar is relatively new and our footing tenuous. We need to secure more stable political relationships with the Lord Mayor’s office and the Council of Ushers to ensure the Society’s long term success in this city; especially since the Aspis Consortium already has such a strong foothold here. The legitimate purchase of the Runecarved Key from the local authorities would demonstrate our respect for the city’s government, which would go a long way toward improving our public image with these people.”

“That said, we can greatly increase our chances of winning the auction by persuading our competition to back out. While there are some we believe we can outbid, we are a new lodge with far fewer funds than many. Thus, we must find out who else is interested in the key, how much they can bid, and whether or not we can knock them out of the auction.”

“To assure our success, our espionage must be extensive. Therefore we have divided the task between our agents. While division stands to place field operatives in greater danger, we cannot risk revealing ourselves by working en mass. If you are discovered, we will disavow any association with you. We cannot aid you if you get arrested or fall into the clutches of the enemies of our Society. While this is unfortunate, I hope you can understand our position.”

”For now, please make yourselves at home. We have provided accommodations for each of your groups. Feel free to drop off your things and prepare yourselves. Then meet me in the manor’s theatre in five minutes.”

There is a new general discussion thread HERE that can be used for cross table discussion etc. Feel free to jump in (or not) as you please.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Mage Armor | HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 8 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 15 | Spells -/6/5/5/2 | GM Reroll +1 | Hex: Disguise | Prot Energy (Lightning) 96 | Heroism on Gallix

"You have a title? What should I call you now?" Sirettis asks Miss Poshkettle. She doesn't want to be rude. "We travelled to the Plane of Earth, primarily to secure a route for the Pathfinders. We also found a group of bandits- well, there was a bit of civil war to determine the fate of the group, but we steered them the right way. Grave Treader recently arrived in Absalom to rejoin the Society, I've heard."

"...her friend chose to stay behind and reform the bandits from their previous leader."

The Concordance

149000-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Cup completely ignores the shushing she just received, though she hits Sirettis and the other Red Arm members with message so that they can keep chatting as the Venture Captain drones on and on.

"Oh, you can still call me Cup! My full title is too much now. Can you imagine announcing yourself as 'Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir' all the time?" Cup whispers. "I can't! The family wants me to get a herald to announce me and a squire to take care of my riding dog, but that just seems like too much nonsense! Your adventure in the Plane of Earth sounds quite exciting! Civil War! Bandits!" She sighs, contentedly. "There is no place quite like the Society for avoiding the Bleaching, is there?"

When the Venture Captain is done talking, she looks at the others thoughtfully. "Did you just hear her say, 'If you are discovered, we will disavow any association with you?'" Cup sighs. "This sounds like one of those 'hide your wayfinder' sorts of missions. It should be right up your alley, D!"

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 8] HP: 75/75 (Overflow +8 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+11, Ref+11, Will+4, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +11, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

"I don't have one anyway. Covert observations though that sounds interesting."

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 8 HP 71/71 | AC 22, Touch 13, Flatfooted 19, CMD 24* | Saves F+10, R+10, W+4 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status: Mutagen, Heroism, See Invis.

"My thoughts exactly, Cup! Though I'm sorta reluctant to hide who we are. The Red Arm of Absalom is pretty distinctly associated with the Society, don't you think? Well, I guess it can't be helped." Gallix pulls at the edges of his cloak to make sure it covers the emblem of the Red Arm embroidered on his back, then removes his wayfinder from its holster on his belt and shoves it into a pocket of his pack. "Right, well I think that's it for me, unless we still have some time to stock up on some provisions. I was speaking with an old friend right before you came and scooped me up, and she gave me some pretty good advice that I'd like to follow through on."

Just want to make my purchases official here:
Sold
+1 Chain Shirt (+550 gp)
Bought
+1 Mithral Breastplate (5200 gp)
Masterwork Buckler (155 gp)
Potion of Barkskin (300 gp)

5,251 to 5,300 of 6,440 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.