Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

The Trial of the Beast: Gatehouse labled


1,001 to 1,050 of 3,795 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

DM Ninja/infinite

Once again, patience pays off as Que opens the hidden vault. Inside, showing sings of the ravages of time, are five objects:

a blood-stained handaxe
a tangled collection of a dozen or so holy symbols
a moldy spellbook, many of it's pages ruined by age
a smith's hammer
a tarnished silver flute

Given the time spent searching the records and opening the various locks, evening is fast approaching. What do you wish to do?


"No way we hang out here is there?"
Wood prepares to return. Carefully tranferring the spellbook to his pack.


Female Human Ninja 3

Que shivers a bit about the thought of spending the nigght in thte haunted prison.

"Yes, we should return to Kendra's house and rest the night. We can also use the time to learn more about those items we just found."

She seems to be in deep thoughts for a moment.

" I can't help, but those items: A handaxe, the holy symbols, a spellbook, smith's hammer and the silver flute.... seems we have found the signature tools of the five most prominent prisoners. We should check those items for any enchantment or perhaps lingering connection to the ghosts."


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

"I think these are items that were possessions of the infamous 5 prisoners"


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

"Hokay, If a ghosty starts swingink vun ov dose tings around, Hy am goink to have vords vit de guys dot iz suppozed to be keepink stuff like dot from happenink, cuz somevun iz not doink der job."


Female Human Ninja 3

"hmmm ... Gkirkhan I think we are the ones who are supposed to keep all this from happening. At least at the moment, I fear."


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle gingerly wraps the flute in a cloth, careful not to touch it directly.
The professor's library has information on magical items, and I think I saw a book concerning necromantic energies corrupting or possessing items very dear to the departed. It merits research.
Additionally, the spirits are sure to strike out against the town. We should be there to aid.

She turns from the stash, then back, as a thought occurs to her.
Removing these items may weaken the spirits.
As she leaves the small space, she is contemplative, and, before departing the prison proper, finally stops.
Let's use the spirit board to see what troubles that haunt. It may be used only once daily, but, I feel we should deal with it now, rather than tomorrow.


DM Ninja/infinite

To use the spirit board, the person using it must set the planchette on the board and rest their fingers lightly on the planchette. Concentrate, as if maintaining a spell, for 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 rounds to allow the planchette to attune to the area and the ambient spirits. Once the planchette starts to move on it's own, the user(s) may ask questions. The person touching the planchette must make a will save. The person asking the question makes a percentile roll.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Will 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Percentile 1d100 ⇒ 22
Vertielle kneels in the foyer on her cloak, placing the board in front of her. She unclasps the box the planchette rests in, lifting it gingerly and placing it on the board. After a minute or so, the brass arrow begins to move of it's own accord.
What is it that imprisons your spirit?


DM Ninja/infinite

Vertielle sets up the spirit board and begins to try to commune with the spirits of the place. After what seems like a long time, the planchette begins to move and she speaks. The plancette responds, spelling out one word:

H - A - T - E

1d100 ⇒ 3

@Vertielle; as the device spells out that one word, you feel odd; as if you are flooded by rage. Your skin flushes briefly with a flash of
heat, then everything is normal.

@rest of the group: After she asks her question, Vertielle suddenly stiffens, an odd play of emotions briefly running across her face, ending in a look of hatred unlike any you have ever seen or expected to see on her, before she suddenly seems normal again.

Int checks, please


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Int check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

this could be bad?


Female Human Ninja 3

Int Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

If you meant me, too, then int 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


DM Ninja/infinite

@Vertielle: Something just tried to possess you.

Spoiler:
You got lucky on the 1 round confusion and got 'act normally'


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle shivers, pointedly erradicating all trace of the expression from her face by rubbing it with her wrists, fingers shaking.
Well... I...
She takes a few deep breaths, composing herself.
I'm not sure that helps terribly. We'll have to remember to be more specific in the future.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Int: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

"Dot, or remember to bring a priest or two."


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle inclines her head to Eva.
Good thing we remembered to bring one.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

"Oh, right."

orc:
"'Damn idiot' probably suits me."

Sense Motive DC 7:
bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Gkirkhan is rather embarrassed right now. Not to mention some other feelings are starting to manifest.

I need a drink.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Nailed itttt
Vertielle smiles a little as she stands up and pats Gkirkhan on the chest, which is as high as she can reach.
Let's go get a drink, eh?

Sense Motive DC14:

Vertielle totally speaks Orc.
Bluff 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Int check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"I'll have to use protection from evil before doing this next time. Maybe Eva can work the board next time, she is probably most resistant to possession."


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

"Ja. Dot soundz nize. Iz dere anythin' dot I ken help vit?"


DM Ninja/infinite

@Wood: As you speak, you see, out of the corner of your eye, your name written on one of the doors, in some red, dripping substance you somehow know is blood. When you turn and look again, it's gone. Give me a will check.


Will 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


DM Ninja/infinite

1d6 ⇒ 6

@Wood: You're fine so far.


The group gets back to Kendra's place with no issues.

She has a late dinner waiting, and says"How did it go? Did you learn anything about the events here...about my father's...accident?"


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

"Ja, et vas de nekky-manser in de courtyard vit de gargoyle head." Gkirkhan plops down into a nice comfy chair and rubs the heels of his hands in his eyes. "How de leetle sneak got by de dem plants Hy vill never know."


"Kendra, Harrowstone is a bad place with bad things haunted by bad spirits. Your father was extremely brave to go alone. We are challenged in a large group."

Wood looks a little concerned.

"By the way, I see blood everywhere now. I am haunted by petty feelings, but I think I can master them. Gkirkan, not that I need to tell you, but if you see me doing anything really bad, knock me out. Remember, I am somewhat strange, so I mean something really, really bad that is beyond my normal strange behaviour. Singing drinking songs qualifies by the way."

Wood smiles. "Thank you for the hot meal, Kendra. We are definitely making progress."


DM Ninja/infinite

As you enjoy your meal and the warmth of a safe place, you hear a knock on the door. You hear footsteps as Pytor goes to answer it.

Kendra seems puzzled and a little concerned. "Who could that be? I hope it's nothing serious."

She stands up and walks to the door as odd sounds -of a struggle?- come from the hallway. She opens the door and looks out, then pales to white and faints.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

orc:
"My patience wears thin. These death mages will taste my blade and feel my hammer."

Gkirkhan snarls something in a tongue that at least one of you recognize. He stands up and readies his sword as he follows Kendra to the door.

"Ho boy."

reflex to catch Kendra while not skewering her: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

He lays her down gently as he looks out the door.


DM Ninja/infinite

Pytor is struggling in the grip of a zombie in the Professor's best outfit, it's face a smashed ruin that doesn't seem to be impeding it's assault.


Female Human Ninja 3

As she sees Kendra fainting, she jumps up, hurrying next to Gkirkhan who just caught Kendra. Her hand close to her weapon.

" What's wrong? What's going on there?"


Wood instinctively begins to cast a spell.

But then he seems to hesitate and have an internal struggle with himself. A dimensional portal begins to open.

Summon dog for perception and fighting ability.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


DM Ninja/infinite

Initiatives, folks:

Zombie Professor 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
KnReligion 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 init


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

If the next person that rolls ends up with an eleven...


Female Human Ninja 3

initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 CHARGE! (charging the zombie and power attacking)
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 + 2 = 28
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 + 2 = 9
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5) + 9 = 16

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR~"
Gkirkhan flies into a rage and charges the zombie. He brings the greatsword down upon what's left of the zombie's skull.


DM Ninja/infinite

I think there's enough left to rebury. I think.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Now imagine if he had rage. :D So out of combat?


DM Ninja/infinite

Yes, that was the only threat. You can all relax, for now.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle rushes to Kendra, doing her best to gently rouse the woman.
Perhaps you had best move the Professor, Gkirkhan. I don't think it'd be wise to let the townfolk see him, either.


After the dogs appears for Wood to pet it, he sends it back on his way.

"Let us inter his remains for good now. I am sure Eve knows a nice blessing."


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

"If the professor rose from the dead how many more do you think got out of their graves?
So I think it would be a Good idea to check the town for any."


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle looks incredibly taken aback for a moment.
I hadn't thought of that, I had taken it that his proximity and involvement with the prison had made his body susceptible... We had best go check!


DM Ninja/infinite

As you cautiously collect the Professor's mortal remains and start out toward the Restlands, you do hear further sound of combat from the direction of the temple.

As you head to the sounds you see the temple under asault. Two of the three main priests stand in the doorway, facing a mixed group of 4 zombies and 6 skeletons. The skeletons appear to be burning, which is what is damaging the temple defenders.

You note that the halfling acolyte is trying to drag a form (from the hair, Father Grimburrow) away from the combat. Two of the skeletons are in pursuit.

You are coming up from behind the group.

Initiatives:
Burning skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Fast Zombies: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9


Wood init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

"Crap, this was one of those things I hoped I got wrong."


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Vertielle, seeing the skeletons burning the defenders, rushes forward to aid, drawing her whip as she goes.
Bludgeon them! Watch the claws, she calls out, doing her best to aid from a distance.
Activate Naturalist against skeletons.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Round 1: charge & Power attack
Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 1 + 2 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 6) + 9 = 17

Gkirkhan drops the Professor's body to the ground and rushes towards the the skeletons. While Vertielle advises using something blunt, Gkirkhan reaches for his sword. Something ugly seems to have been released in him. His eyes dance with fires of rage and his voice is heavy with cold fury.

I know what follows is going to be a little long for one round so imagine it happens over the next several

Orc:
"Come cowards. My blade is singing for your blood. My heart is filled with the song of my mother. Come wretches. My blows will break your toys and bones. My sword will rend your flesh. Have you no courage to face one man armed with naught but steel? Have you no flames that burn with pride? Have you no honor? COME COWARDS! MY BLADE, SHE SINGS FOR THE BLOOD OF THOSE WHO TWIST THE JOY FROM LIFE. I SHALL SLAKE HER THIRST WITH YOURS!"

1,001 to 1,050 of 3,795 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.