Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shrina Xul (Inactive)

Game Master OmniChaos

The drow begin to move, they march to reclaim the lost city. Their agents sent forth to impose their will and shape the lands abandoned long ago.


151 to 200 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

M Drow Noble Magus 7

knowledge planes 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Elrivor casts his spell or Mirror Image and then draws his blade making it a +2 Keen Blade. There are 6 of him now.


Elrivor you need to roll 1d4+2 for the number of images.

Knowledge (Planes):

This is a Bebilith, known as demon hunters they come from the abyss. Not nearly as mindless as they appear, in fact possessed of a impressive cunning. They are resistent to most forms of damage save those from a force of good. They are also known to tear the armor off their victims with their claws. You know its type, darkvision, scent, DR 10/good, and Dismantle Armor special ability.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

It was in my previous post unless you want me to roll again? If so here it is:
mirror images 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Elbennon's attack fails to break thru the thick shell of the beast except for one, which draws its attention to the formerly hidden ninja. Making for him it brings its own attack down. The nimble ninja avoids a claw but suffers anothr while being bitten. The feeling of weakness washing over his body and the paling of his flesh hinting at the vile danger lurking it the spider creature's fangs.

Attack:

Bite
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 9 = 17
Claws
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20
2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 14
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29
2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 3) + 9 = 16

Monster takes 10 dmg. Elbennon takes 33 dmg and make a Fort DC 23 to avoid 2 points of Con dmg. Round 2, PC's turn.


Fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The blow drops me to -3, and the con damage drops me another 10. So I'm dead. Thanks for the game guys, good luck. Don't bother trying to raise me, I've got too many other games going on.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

I guess I am a little surprised it can move and full attack Elbennon, he was attacking at range?


Guess I will have to start a thread to get some more people. It has 40 ft. base speed and 15 ft. reach, like our summoner it does not need a full attack to throw out alot of hits.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Elrivor moves up beside Brang'el and casts Mage Armor from his wand in his hand and then throws it at his feet in disgust...useless!
Use Magic Device 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Current Effects:
AC: 18
HP: 61
Mirror Image: 5 images left


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

attack:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
damage:1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

The arrow seems to slip from Yasaen's grasp before he is ready to release it.


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

The spider tries once more the free himself from the web.

Strength check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

This time the strands part under the pull of his limbs and he moves toward the beast, circling slowly. Moving ten feet toward the beastly and using the rest of my movement to circle to the left.


The spider thing strikes at Brang'el. It's fangs land, as with the fallen Elbennon his skin goes pale. A vile feeling of wasting flesh quickly follows.

Attack:

Bite
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 4) + 9 = 15

Brang'el takes 15 dmg. Make a Fort DC 23 or take 2 Con dmg. Round 3, PC's turn.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

I send Monty around to set up for a charge. Monty may not be aware that he is being setup charge however. The idea is for him to be flanking after the charge with Brangel.

I will also move to a position that will set me up to be flanking should I decide to enter melee.

Standard action: I attempt another shot at the beast.

attack:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
damage:1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

Double checked, I did cast mage armor, so no Fortatude save needed, he missed.


Ok just put it in a OOC tag at the bottom at the start of combat next time. Your spider form gets attention no matter your skin color ;)


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

Yes it does. Next turn?


^ PC's turn, you have yet to post so yeah make a move punk xP


Female Drow Noble Cavern Sniper 7

Now THIS is a monster! A Spider-Beast, indeed! Ripping my assigned unit apart! Well then!

Laele Tuin, hidden behind the forest's cover but without the elven disguise of the Wovirl insignia wrapped around her right shoulder, overlooks the battle with the behemoth. As she sees one of the drow in her assigned unit, with a body like a Drider's, burst out of the behemoths web, she steps out of her cover and into the battle to assist in taking down the beast.

Leale Tuin would chose to sneak up close to the beast, so that the forest would not impede her cover. treat as 30 feet away.

Attack 1, Manyshot:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Attack 2, Rapid Shot:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
Attack 3, iterative attack:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Damage 1a, Manyshot:1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage 1b, Manyshot:1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage 2, Rapid Shot:1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage 3, iterative attack: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

Total defense, move in and around behind him.


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Solniss watches the area around them as they approach the location their guide provided, each hand gripping a wakizashi confidently. The sounds of battle prompt her to slow, focus her ki and disappear as they come within sight of the battle. As Laele slows and fires upon the beast, Solniss moves to put the beast immediately between herself and the drider-like being that just burst from the webbing.

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Stealth (with Vanishing Trick): 1d20 + 21 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 21 + 20 = 44

Solniss is going to take this round to study the fight and move into flanking position for Brang'el, revealing herself on her first strike next turn. Her weapons would have been drawn at the first sound of battle, and she will attempt to move up to the creature with her move action, swapping her standard for another move if necessary.

Also, she has not yet used the Worvil amulet's ability.


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

if i was not clear i am moving into my melee range


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

Brixana arrives with the rest of the new recruits just in time to see the beast barely miss Brang'el with her giant fangs.

"Ah yes, this is quite the sight. Anyone in need of healing or restoration?"

Brixana will cast bless on the entire party, ensuring she is at least 30 feet away from the monster.

Bless:

Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.


Zendross concentrates and hardens his skin before moving around to the side, still a good distance away from the creature.

Standard action: Spend 1 ki to use Barkskin (+3 AC).
Move action: move around to the side (whichever side doesn't have the party). 50 ft away.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Elrivor enhances the blade with an empowered shocking grasp and attempts to strike the creature
+2 keen agile rapier flanking 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 = 29 damage 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 plus spell 5d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 1, 4) = 14
31 points damage with the empower.


The spider beast takes a number of hits from it's many enemies but seems to ignore it more then it should. Something other then just it's thick hide seems to be protecting it from harm. It sets it's many eyed gaze on the one that hurt it the most, the shock bladed magus. Its relentless attack falls his way. With lightning fast strikes, it snaps the head off one image, tears another two apart with a claw, and stares at the last one's standing.

Attack:

Bite-Miss
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 = 15
Claw x2-Miss
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29
2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12
2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 4) + 9 = 15
Mirror Image
1d4 ⇒ 1
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1

Monster takes 40 dmg. Round 4, PC's Turn.


Female Drow Noble Cavern Sniper 7

Heh. Staring it down. Brave, for a trickster caster.

Smiling a crazed smile at this challenge of a monstrosity, Laele's hand moves as lightning, firing three arrows at the beast, her fourth she imbudes with Deeper Darkness, to block this infernal sun, and sinks in the ground beneath the legs of the spider. AC 5 for the ground.

Attack 1, Manyshot: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
Attack 1, Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
Attack 2, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Attack 3, iterative attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Damage 1a, Manyshot: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12, Critical Damage: 1d8 + 11 + 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 + (6) + 11 = 32 Total 44 damage for the critical hit.
Damage 1b, Manyshot: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Damage 2, Rapid Shot: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage 3, iterative attack: No damage, it's the ground.

Crit! Yes!


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Elrivor speaks out, You need weapons that are good aligned in order to really hurt it or focus on powerful single attacks...


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Elrivor summons his most powerful magic Vampiric Touch, empowers it and attempts to hit it again,
+2 keen agile rapier flank atk 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 = 28 dam 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 2) = 10 times 1.5 empower=15

Total damage=25

Current Effects:
AC: 18
HP: 61/76 with temp*
Mirror Image: 2 images left plus me :)
Arcane Pool (Su): 4/7 points


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Watching the creature mutilate multiple copies of the magus, Solniss strikes quickly while the creature's back is turned.

First attack, invisible + flanking: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 21
Second attack, flanking: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 = 25

First attack damage: 1d6 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (1, 2, 6, 5) = 17
Second attack damage: 1d6 + 1 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (6, 6, 2, 3) = 20

My understanding is that Solniss is now flanking across from Brang'el, and has just struck from invisibility allowing her to flank for him. I do not believe that Brixana's Bless would affect her since she was invisible, but if it does, then she gains +1 to both attacks.


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

Finaly in place, The Spider rips into his enemy with all the ferocity and power that he can must. Power Attack, Arcane strike.

Claw 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 18 Damage 1d4 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 16

Claw 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 16 Damage 1d4 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 14

Claw 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 31 Damage 1d4 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 17

Claw 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 23 Damage 1d4 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 17

Edit: Adding bless bonus


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

Monty is ordered to attack. He should be flanking after the charge

Charging-->AC is now 22

Claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

------------------------
Yasaen
free action, drops bow
swift action-no attack of opportunity for leaving threatened squares

Charges in drawing morning star while charging AC is now 21

Attack roll break down-->10 normal+2 charge+2 judgement+2 bane+1 bless
+2 flanking?=17 or 19
Damage break down-->+6 Power Attack + 6 strength 2-handed, +1 weapon, +2 bane=15

Attack:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

Damage:1d8 + 15 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 15 + (4, 4) = 28

Be sure to check your number. I had forgotten about the 2d6 from bane.

PS:If the I am flanking I have a 22 to hit if it matters.


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

"Hmmph, this creature would have made a fine ally."

Noticing that the magus now has the clear attention of the beast, Brixana will approach him at max distance from the enemy, and touch him, casting Bear's Endurance

"Dal lil fuer'yon quortek d'lil taur, GUY'YA Z'RESS!"

This should increase your Con by 4, increasing your HP by 14/14, and your fort saves by 2.

Edit: I just noticed that this creature is huge, which means i'm afraid of the long legs.

Concentration (Cast defensively) DC 15+(1x2)=17: 1d20 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 5 = 33 +7 CL, +4 Feat, +2 trait, +5 attritute

While paying close attention to the movement of the monster, Brixana is able to cast the spell with untested focus.


Zendross moves in from the side and smashis his foot into it's side.

Swift action, 1 ki for +4 dodge bonus. Move action to move in, if possibe to flank, then will do so. (+2 flanking not included)
Using punishing kick. DC 17 fortitude save or end up Prone.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Crit check: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 = 24
Crit damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

If it's a crit: Regain 1 ki. Total damage: 15. Yay... 5 damage after DR. Please roll a 1 on that Fort save.


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

I also forgot the 1 STR damage that my Pressure Points ninja trick caused for each hit that dealt Sneak Attack damage, so the creature should be down 2 STR as well from my attack.


Fort Save
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

The spider beast takes a number of attacks, seeming to finally show sign's of weakness. But just as you think you have the thing slips thru the planes and is gone. A lingering scent of bile and blood. Along with a mental echo you can not place. The sounds of the surface world returning, their is no stillness or silence after the bloody conflict.

Monster takes 84 dmg and flee's. Combat is over, you win. Elbennon lies dead.


Female Drow Noble Cavern Sniper 7

As the behemoth slips out of this reality, Laele Tuin grinds her teeth in frustration.

Muttering, Undercommon: "Cowardly beast."

She steps forward, towards the others, holding up her Wovirl insignia and shifting into her elven shape.

Undercommon: "Greetings. My name is Laele Tuin. We were sent here to join you in completing the mission objective as a precaution. Wovirl wants nothing left to chance."


M Drow Noble Magus 7

It's using a spell like ability that draws AOO's from everyone unless it uses it defensively right? Not that we will probably drop it as it flees but we might stop it from fleeing...was hoping for one last shot at it :]


"Zendross Zil'Doren," the monk says introducing himself alongside Laele. He then looks over at the elf corpse nearby. "It seems we were a little late."


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Solniss sheaths her twin wakizashi, taking a moment to study the area around the group, checking for nearby enemies or curious onlookers before looking dispassionately at the fallen elf. "I'm Solniss," she states in Common, with a business-like tone. "Apologies for our tardiness, the directions we were given were accurate, but incomplete." She looks more closely at the corpse on the ground. "Was he a companion? If so, we should probably return him to the camp. If we cannot raise him, then we can at least prevent the elves from discovering him and his amulet.


He cast defensively with a DC 29, got a 32 by rolling a 19. Otherwise he would have failed and ran. Let me know what actions you take if any concerning the area.


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

I'd like to get a look at the area, just to see what all is there.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Perception:

You currently see nothing of note. Birds chirping, bugs crawling, and trees swaying in a slight breeze. The area around you is pleasently safe for the moment.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

It matters little who he was, he failed in his mission and he ended up dead for it, as we all will if we fail. Let's take his gear, bury him and move on to our objective.

@ Brixana, Thank you for the spell, I felt much better fighting it with your assistance.

He picks up his wand and decides to keep out his sword.
As you can tell the area is very dangerous, keep your weapons ready.


AC 24 (Adjusted), HP 40/45

As soon as the beast runs away, Brixana will quickly approach the lifeless body.

His body lie there, large holes in his neck and shoulder with a black ooze now foaming from them. It apparently did not take long to kill him, though difficult to tell as his skin had returned to it's dark complexion.

"He died quickly. Why was this man here? Judging by the swiftness of his death, he hardly seems qualified. Pity, though he does have some nice things to share."

Brixana will loot the body

Removed from body:

GP:705 GP

+3 Leather Armor 15 lbs. - 9160 GP
-armored kilt 10 lbs. - 20 GP
Belt of Dexterity +2 lbs. - 4000 GP
Cloak of Resistance +2 1 lbs. - 4000 GP
+2 Buckler 5 lbs. - 4155 GP

Handy Haversack 5 lbs. - 2000 GP
Masterwork Katana 6 lbs. - 350 GP
Shuriken x47 5 lbs. - 10 GP
Shuriken w/ Drow Poison x2
Shuriken w/ Deathbalde poison x1
Potion of Lesser Restoration

"Elrivor, that is why I am here, and I intend to do my best to keep us alive long enough to accomplish our given task. It's a shame I wasn't here sooner to assist. As for the body, we should be careful as to how we dispose of it. We do not want to call attention to Drow presence in Celwynian any sooner than necessary"

Unless anybody objects, Brixana will cast Fleshworm Infestation on the body, which will undoubtedly accelerate the deterioration of his dark flesh, leaving only his bone structure.

"Anybody keen on digging a hole, or have a better idea to get rid of these bones? Perhaps we could stuff his remains into his own Handy Haversack for now."

"As for his gear, I could definitely benefit from either the belt or the buckler. Does anyone else have better use of either of these items?"

How may active, alive players do we have currently for GP splitting purposes?


Female Drow Noble Cavern Sniper 7

There are seven players active.

"The belt, I have no use for, but either the Buckler or the Cloak of Resistance would be of use to me - both of mine are inferior."


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

Solniss examines the weapons closely. "A katana and shuriken? Interesting choices, unusual for our people. If no one has objections, I shall take those. And the cloak could prove useful, though I will defer to those of his fellows who were with him when he died and would therefore have prior claim."

Examining the area for a suitable burial plot, she adds, "We should ensure the Wovirl insignia is returned at our mission's conclusion. Allowing one of those to fall into the hands of the elves for study could prove disastrous."


Female Drow Noble Cavern Sniper 7

"Dito Solniss. If she or anyone else needs the cloak, go ahead, as far as I am concerned. The Buckler is my preferred pick, then, insofar as I have any say in the matter."

"Of course. The insignia must not fall into enemy hands."

Laele keeps her bow drawn, and remains alert, keeping wary of any dangers.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Elf bones won't be too unusual in an Elven ruin, we ca just put them under some refuge.
Let's be off, he was our scout, anyone else up for the task? Someone with better eyes would be nice.


Female Drow Noble Cavern Sniper 7

"I'll do it. I'm resonable at spotting, good at stealth."

She picks up the buckler, waits a moment for someone to object, then heads of towards the next objective, keeping ahead of the rest of the group, using the cover of the forest to remain unseen, using the message spell or drow sign language to communicate when needed and to keep pace with the others.

Perception Check, taking 10: 23
Stealth Check, taking 10: 26


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

Yasaen watches the others loot the body. He does not seem to be interested in anything the fallen drow has.

I will once again be taking 10 on perception and stealth, and remain a good distance from Laele in order to not give his position away.

"I guess we can sell the belt later if nobody wants it and split the profits."

Perception 31

Stealth 9


Female Drow Noble Ninja 7

"I believe Brixana mentioned an interest in his belt," Solniss replies, affixing the cloak about her neck.

Gathering the remaining recovered equipment and gold, she puts the majority of the shuriken into her handy haversack and straps the katana across it, leaving it accessible if necessary but out of the way. Drawing her compound shortbow and an arrow from the quiver on her waist, she turns to the others. "I will maintain a rearguard. These are obviously dangerous lands, and I do not wish to be surprised. We have seen what happens when due diligence is not paid," she adds, looking meaningfully at the pile of bones that was formerly a traveling companion.

Solniss will leave about 100 feet between herself and the next person in line, and will maintain a stealthy rearguard.

Perception Check, taking 10: 23
Stealth Check, taking 10: 31

151 to 200 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shrina Xul All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.