Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Pryllin

Skull and Shackles Adventure Path
Part 1 of 6: The Wormwood Mutiny


351 to 400 of 1,503 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Were not a coherent group? :]


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra turns to the gnome, "Ropes and knot-work today, eh? Could be worse I suppose." she says, heading off for another day's work.

In between periods of work, the young woman tries to familiarize herself with the middle deck.

Sneak (middle deck)
Profession (Sailor):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Quick question is there light down here today?

"Tilly isn't it I'm Obsidian. When we aren't pumping I want have a look around down here for dropped stuff. If you keep an ear to the hatch to make sure no one is coming I'll split with you anything I find." With a bit of smile "Unless you think you can find things in the sludge in which case we can swap and I'll keep an ear out for you"

Mata's plan is when they get word to pump out water he will be overly zealous pump out as much as he can before commands come down to pump some back in. This is for two reason firstly just to cycle out the smelly crap water in here and secondly to see as much of the floor as possible. Mata reckons that things must have been dropped in here in past by accident or prisoners hiding something. So clearing the water will reveal anything in the shallow parts but more importantly show the deep parts where thing may have laid hidden for sometime.

His action in the search the bilges which he figures will be easy as there isn't anyone around so take 20 on the roll


Deity

Day 3

The suns burns down on the deck as soon as it rises and the winds blow hot and hard to the east as the Wormwood sails southwest.

Sevien runs. Trying to coordinate a score of crew, he quickly learns names and positions as he is sent back and forth, conveying messages between Mister Plugg and Master Scourge and their various underlings and officers. Habbly Quarne, the "Stitchman", is the ship's surgeon and carpenter, a solid human male with a short grey beard, who is asked to cut up some wood for repairs. Peppery Longfarthing, the sailing master is updated at noon in her lab (A4b) with instructions to Sevien not to touch the lock on her door. She is a tall, dark haired woman who, in return, orders Sevien to deliver a dozen flasks of alchemist's fire to Riaris Krine in the armory (A4b). Riaris is a tan skinned lanky woman with short brown hair, who is the master gunner. Every change of the wind, every shift in the currents, the sight of a reef or a glimpse of land; all require responses and adjustments that need commands to be carried to the relevant section of the ship. Sevien notes well the delight with which Master Scourge sends him racing off with the next message as soon as he returns with the previous response. Once when the ship lurches deeply into a gust of wind he is screamed at to get water pumped into the bilges, but another time he is sent full pelt to the galley merely to retrieve a waterskin of Chelish brandy.

"Aye," responds Giffer to Lysandra. "We coulda had th' bilges. No doubt our turn'll come."
Lysandra's natural talents show as she works the many ropes, tying, adjusting and moving them, often before ordered. Master Scourge rewards her with a scowl and a constant flow of work, but she still manages to slip below decks and investigate the Middle Hold (A6).
Despite the darkness and gloom it is obviously the ship’s main cargo hold. Piles of rubbish and ropes, broken crates, barrels and boxes line some walls, but it is still half empty, save for a dozen or so pigs. The pigs are mostly caged, but two have escaped and run loose within the hold, snuffling about the piles of detritus. In the forward section, is the flight of wooden stairs that climbs up to the officers’ quarters (A4), while the second set of stairs descends into the lower hold (A10). Stored near the mainmast are two light ballistas, a disassembled light catapult, and a dozen 20 gallon barrels smelling of oil. There is another flight of stairs in the aft section next to the galley which seems to lead up to the captain’s quarters (A5). Further back, chained in a corner is a large man, covered in filth and feathers. He sings quietly to himself.
"Down in Hartshorn I were born,
Heave away, haul away,
That be why I'm called Hartshorn,
Eye of Abendago,
Heave away ye Free Captains,
Heave away, haul away,
Heave away we're sinkin' in
The Eye of Abendago."

Ambrose smiles warmly as Xantrius enters. "D'nks? 'm sure I're thar'f Grok las' nigh'. I 'member tell'n 'er I tho't ye'd b' f'n offs'der. T'day- fish'n'. St'cks're downa bi'. I though' I'd anuvva day'r two o' fish bu' 'stime fersome more. Grab'is net'n 'eadon upt'a joll'boat."

SD Dave:
1d100 ⇒ 69

Tilley shakes her head. "Obsidian, 'ey. Luck don't got nothin' ta do with it. One rope overboard and those two'll 'ave it out me 'ide. There be things in th' bilges arright, but I ain't divin' fer 'em. I'll keep yer watch though."
It's slow, gruelling and filthy work that taxes even Mata's strength. Lowering the water reveals a number of discarded crates and boxes but soon draws a runner, in the form of the panting Sevien, saying that the ship is tacking too light against the wind. However, pawing through the filth throughout the day nets a suit of leather armor, a buckler, three heavy maces, and a pouch of 12 sp. And Mata's systematic search still hasn't covered the entire area by the time the bell rings to call the crew on deck for bloody hour.


Nakon will work diligently. Not sure what checks.


Deity

Xantrius pushes out in the small jolly boat and casts nets in the wake of the Wormwood. Profession (fisherman) or Survival check (+4)
Nakon finds himself adjusting, readjusting, moving, coiling, stowing and securing and changing the ropes. Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check (+4)
Sevien spends the day running, jumping and dodging all over the ship. Acrobatics check and Constitution check (both at +4)
Lysandra's work overlaps with Nakon's, often providing and tying off ropes for him. (Profession (sailor) or Strength check) and Constitution Check. Con check still remaining thanks.
Mata's exhaustive search becomes much more exhausting, difficult and time consuming than he had originally intended. Strength check and Constitution check (both at -2)


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Turn to Tilly as the bell rings "Thank you for your help, here is your half of coins" handing her 6sp "What would you like from the remaining stuff?"

Mata will pick up the any of the maces and buckler that Tilly doesn't want and hide the armour. He'll put them in up of the empty chest down the end that he sleeping in the sleeping cabin and shut the lid to it then go up on deck.

Strength check at -2:1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 = 5
Constitution check 1t -2:1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 2 = 15


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

acrobatics 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 4 = 15
con 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 4 = 26

Sevien possibly avoids the whip for one day...he is motivated by thinking about the tortures he will visit upon Mister Plugg and Master Scourge, their souls screaming for all eternity in hell...he smiles often.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra carefully approaches the chained man, "Hello. What have you supposedly done to find yourself chained up here?


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius struggled with Ambrose's thick accent but he thought he got the jist of it- he was going to be casting nets for fish on the jolly boat.

I see. I always wanted a ship of my own, Ambrose. I suppose a jolly boat is a start, of sorts he jested. While he was casting out nets, he kept his eye on the horizon, watchful for other vessels, keen to see opportunity if it passed his way. He also gave the jolly boat a once over, wondering if a careless pirate had dropped anything in it over the years.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10 Survival.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11 Perception.

Once back on the ship a little before evening, Xantrius noticed Conchobhar on the deck, the Gnome on mainsail duty. He moved over to him and immediately began to speak to him.

Daytime action will be to Influence.

Hail, fellow performer! I don't think we properly met- my name's Xantrius Casmirre, of Cassomir. Its Conchobnar, right? Your performance following mine last night really was rather good- I was certainly impressed by your song about Poxy Pearls. Its nice to have a bit of culture aboard this vessel of cut-throat's don't you think?

Assuming the Gnome responded well to his words, Xantrius continued to chat and compare performances and the works of great bards, particularly singers, with the Gnome; wanting to reach him on a level that would get him talking. He did not extend his offer into the little group he had been forming though- first he needed to make the Gnome a great deal friendlier.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Diplomacy to change attitude


The chained man raises his arms and bares his teeth at Lysandra.
"Me OWLBEAR. Grr. Argh," he explains. He smells strongly of tar.


Deity

Ambrose nods pleasantly at Xantrius interpretation of his instructions.
"I'b' gett'n t'crews d'na so's ye d'n't b'needin' t'worry thar, b't I mebbe needin' th'fish fer t'night b't I won't b'takin' too many 'cause sour Plugg'll n'doubt b'checkin' yer catch."
A quick eye over the jolly boat reveals it to be remarkably sturdy and clean, apart from a smattering of fish scales, fins and bones, and a single fishhook. The boat is large enought for four, six at a squeeze, but Xantrius sets out alone and trails tied behind the Wormwood.
The work seems endless as Xantrius casts the nets over and over again, catching nothing at first, then raking in a few fish, then a few more. By mid afternoon, Xantrius returns with his catch and is horrified when Ambrose informs him he barely has enough. Xantrius returns to hoist the jolly boat back on deck when he spies Conchobhar and chats to him.


"Greetings thespian. I do indeed be Conchobhar Turlach Shortstone, singer and performer extraordinaire... for the Wormwood." He looks pointedly at Xantrius.
"I be pleased that ye noticed my performance- I do try and accomodate me audiences. Shipwreck in a Bottle was a true tale that happened in Ollo, don't ye know, on the southwest coast of Shark Island. I don't know about culture, but I do try to make the best of it. Pirates aren't much renowned for their appreciation of such things, but if I slip some culture in amongst some wine, women and song, it can't hurt too much." He winks at Xantrius.
"I am an avid collecter of such tales and compositions, and ye may have some I've not yet heard. Whilst I'd be interested in hearing what ye have to say, I'm off to avoid a whipping. Ta ta."
Attitude shifted from Unfriendly to Indifferent.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius waved farewell to the Gnome after commenting that he had to catch a dozen more fish to keep the kitchen stocked himself.

If he wants the moniker of Wormwood's performer, he is welcome to it. I'll settle for captain. Someday.


Nakon takes 10 for profession sailor 10.

His sharktooth pendant now hanging from his thick neck, Nakon continues to carry out his work diligently and efficiently, content to bind his time. He continues to watch everything and everyone (as much as his work permits).

I can feel a fight coming. Tomorrow, the day after? Best find something to keep this blade sharp. He felt a bit giddy at the thought.

Starting to regret not being more social. Not trying in particular to avoid influence checks because of his low charisma, he just doesn't want to. May make him more effusive though.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0
SD Owlbear Hartshorn wrote:

The chained man raises his arms and bares his teeth at Lysandra.

"Me OWLBEAR. Grr. Argh," he explains. He smells strongly of tar.

Noticing the smell of tar on the man the feathers stuck to him (assumed), Lysandra tries not to react to the man's agressive posture and says, "Be that as it may, Mr. Owlbear, why do they have you chained up down here? It can't be very pleasant."


Deity

SD Dave:
Tilly Str-1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15, Con-1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
The big man facing Lysandra does seem to have been tarred and feathered.
"I like crabs! Do you have crabs?"
He pauses as if for a response then blurts out, "We're sinkin' in the Eye of Abendago!"
He looks at Lysandra curiously, then starts laughing loudly. He seems very simple minded and not very good at conversation.
(Also still awaiting Con check please)

Mata's arms ache from the rusted bilge pump, and Tilly is exhausted, but Mister Plugg is less than impressed with their efforts and informs both of them they'll be returning for bloody hour.

Sevien almost dances across the decks, his slight frame squeezes around cargo and crew alike, he's always ready for Master Scourges next bellow and away before the whip can fly. Sevien's prowess seems to give little joy to Scourge however, who focuses his wrath more on the women swabbing the decks.

Nakon works steadily, doing as he is told when he is told, but with little effort. He is generally avoided by the other riggers, though occasionally they look to him and mutter darkly under their breath.

After Xantrius has spoken with Conchobhar, he returns to the galley to find the evening meals mostly done. Xantrius helps with the final preparations, and then it's back up on deck as the ship's clock rings out for bloody hour.

Bloody hour is a mostly subdued affair, with just Mata, Tilly and Jack Scrimshaw to be flogged.

Whip 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 (nonlethal)
Whip 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 (nonlethal)
Whip 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 (nonlethal)

Once again Mata is brought to unconsciousness (13 nonlethal to Mata), only to be revived by Sandara (Heal back 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6) in time for dinner, followed by the rum ration.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

@ Mata, You seem to have the same attraction to the whip that I do. My back still hurts from it. We can only hope that we get a chance to get some revenge soon enough.

@ Rum time, Change of plan today gentlemen. We wait to drink the rum until Xantrius' performance to celebrate. I will bless our cups and we move on with a cheers to his performance! he winks as the group.

Going to try and have him perform a little earlier and then while the crew is distracted I will cleanse the cups and then we can drink up or if Plugg Scourge leave the deck for a moment I will do it then.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Did Tilly want any of the loot if so what?

Mata whispers a thank you to Sandara as he stands up.

During dinner Mata will seek out Nakon and say quietly "I found a couple of weapons today, they are anything special but you look like you could do with a mace to wield. It is in the second chest from the end when you need it."

Then Sevien "Could you do me a favour, I fear I might put off a potential ally. You see Tilly there." Mata point at her. "It was my fault she got a whipping today but she seems like a decent sort who has no love for the officers. You are good with words maybe you could apologise for me?"


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius looked over at Sevien, a little bemused.

No idea when this discussion is taking place but assuming an action on Xantrius' part probably not a great idea.

I have not declared any intention to perform this evening. If you don't manage to purify the rum quietly today, i'll make sure you have an opportunity tomorrow.

Will wait to see if Sevien pulls off his rum purification before declaring my night action.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Lysandra smiles nervously at the dim-witted man, "I'll see about getting you some crabs soon. I will be back to see you when I have them, alright?" she says, as she leaves to return to her work.

Con Check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Hmmpht, you have some other plan in mind for tonight?
I am just trying to make we stay healthy while we endure this prison sentence on the seas.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

I appreciate that but frankly, the rum really wasn't so bad. If we're suffering tomorrow because you weren't able to keep it hidden, i'll provide a distraction. And yes, I have other plans. Allies don't sway themselves to us. Each of you might do well to visit Grok and tell her your a friend of mine; she is much more accommodating, thanks to my efforts instead of performing last night...

Xantrius showed his serrated metal whip that he had recovered from her as well as his spell pouch- then offered a dagger to Lysandra.

A lady should be equipped to defend herself.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0
Xantrius Casmirre wrote:

Xantrius showed his serrated metal whip that he had recovered from her as well as his spell pouch- then offered a dagger to Lysandra.

A lady should be equipped to defend herself.

"Thank you, Xantrius. Most appreciated." she says with a soft smile. "Perhaps I will have to pay Grok a visit some time in the near future."


Deity

Tilly takes two of the maces from Mata as well as her share of the silver.
"Gonna hurt fer this, but should find a buyer fer these."

While Lysandra's absence went unnoticed, her efforts to catch up with her work left her with every bone aching and fatigued.

That evening, Conchobhar takes to the stage when he sees Sevien and Xantrius glance in that direction and begins to sing a slow melody.
"Wiley Captain Rorenet, he hid his plunder well,
To privateers of Rahadoum, his ship, Blue Buzzard, fell,
The divers never found a coin within the murky hell,
In the bay of Tempest Cay there's giant clams that dwell
They open to reveal the loot, or so the legends tell."


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien waits for an opportunity to bless their cups while Scourge and Plugg are busy.


Deity

SD Dave:
Plugg Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Stealth Check, +2 for distraction.


Mata/Obsidian wrote:


During dinner Mata will seek out Nakon and say quietly "I found a couple of weapons today, they are anything special but you look like you could do with a mace to wield. It is in the second chest from the end when you need it."

Nakon eats noisily, seemingly with no complaints for the food although he does mention at one point that it could be "bloodier".

He seems suprised at Mata's offer, looking hard at the half-orc as if trying to divine his motives.

I cannot wield it. But I have a tooth now. A small one but it will do until I find a larger. Offer it to funnyman or devil worshipper. He's been promoted from coward.

Later, he seems bored by Conchobhar's song. Xantrius' comedy seems more to his liking.

Again he'll drink the purified rum if he gets the chance.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

bluff 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13 I think I mentioned I was hoping to include it in a "prayer" so I would try to use bluff, if not then subtract 3 from this roll.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Still waiting to see if my rum gets purified or not as the cha bonus may affect next move :).


Deity

The rum is indeed purified, but Mister Plugg eyes your group suspiciously as they break apart. As you each start drinking he relaxes somewhat but his hawkish gaze returns regularly to Sevien.

Plugg's group of toadies seems a little larger, and you realise that "Ratline", and Shivekah are sitting with them talking and watching Conchobhar's performance. Tilly asks Grok for a second helping of the rum ration and also sits near them, outside the group, but listening in.
Jack follows Aemilia loyally around, which she seems less than pleased with as she tries talking with Crimson Cogward.


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius sidled over to Aemilia and did is best to engage Jack in conversation, hoping to give Aemilia some breathing room from him.

Good evening Jack he said pleasantly as he raised his glass of purified rum to him.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata sipping his purified rum will go in search of a game of chance.
Evening action is gambling, he wants to be seen by Scourge or Plugg gambling.
Once he finds a game he is very conservative with his money. If he loses 1 gp worth he'll bow out the game and watch. He will also analyse the game to cheat with prescience to maximum effect another night.


Deity

Jack seems surprised by Xantrius' approach, and looks around himself.
"Uh, hi," he responds uncertainly, raising his rum. He takes a sip, glances back at Aemilia, then eyes Xantrius warily.

As soon as Mata makes it known he's after a game of chance, the pirates flock around. Conchobhar ends his rendition and produces three dice, and Barefoot, Ratline and Badger declare themselves in.
The game is Dead Man's Chest. The player rolls all three dice, trying to get as close to, or equal to, 15 as possible without going over. For a second ante, the player may keep any of the dice and reroll the rest. If they wish they can reroll a final time for a third ante. Any total over 15 forfeits the player's bets and the highest score/s after everyone has rolled split the pot between them.
The game is about to start when Kipper tosses in a pouch of silver and invites himself in to play. Kipper is a male human with light brown hair and quick brown eyes. He is an officer, but sleeps at the front of the hold with the crew, and is often seen chatting with Mister Plugg.
Profession (Gambler) check please.

SD Dave:
Conchobhar - Profession (Gambler) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Kipper- Profession (Gambler) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Barefoot - Profession (Gambler) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Badger - Profession (Gambler) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Ratline - Profession (Gambler) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Xantrius chuckled softly at Jack's obvious wariness.

I'm not going to try and steal your girl Jack, if that is what she is now he reassured him. I just came to offer to have our group look out for you just like we're looking out for Aemilia. Theres a foul wind blowing across this ship and lots of us are planning to stick together, watch each other's backs.

Xantrius left the unspoken invitation up in the air as he continued to drink with Jack and tried to get to know him. Xantrius spoke about his life among the privateers of Cassomir, exchanging some amusing stories from that happier time.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Diplomacy to shift attitude from Friendly to Helpful


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata will be playing to minimise loses while staying in the game as long as possible. The object is to be seen to be gambling.

Profession (Gambler): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7


Deity

Jack seems somewhat taken aback at Xantrius perception and is more guarded in his responses and demeanor. However, over the course of the evening, Jack reveals he was raised by ex-slaves in Slipcove. When his father's ship went down to the Semudarogah, his mother joined the Merry Widows of Slitherfish Island and Jack took to the sea. By evening's end he is pleasant and affable and delighted to be part of your group. (Jack Scrimshaw now Helpful)

Despite his best attempts, Mata's unfamiliarity with the game takes its toll and he is the first to be stripped of his gold, soon followed by Ratline, then Kipper and Badger. The final showdown between Conchobhar and Barefoot Samms breaks in the lady's favour and as the evening winds down it is Barefoot Samms that walks away with everyone's gold.


Sitting a little way from the others but seemingly undisturbed, Nakon eyes the members of Plugg's group, as if marking them and getting a feel for their movements. If any look over at him he gives them a slight but not very pleasant smile in return.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Sevien seeks out the Quartermaster Grok and attempts to strike up a conversation, So Xantrius tells me you do an excellent job at watching the stores Quartermaster? In my own day I was in charge of some of the temples ledgers so I know the weight of responsibility as well.

Basically Sevien tries to get her talking and make friends with her. Will go below decks if she is not with the rest of the crew...

diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 or not...


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Depends what your trying to do but bear in mind she is already Helpful. DC's shouldn't be too high.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata smiles at Samms with a toothy grin "Good played. You will have to let me win back my money another night."

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 How many of the other 'sailors' are openly carrying carrying weapons? Is it just Plugg's cronies? How large are the weapons that are being carried?

Edit: with that roll I might only notice the very obvious weapons


Deity

Nakon watches Plugg and his cronies carefully. Furtive glances note him watching, and occasionally Scourge nods in his direction and mutters something to the gang, who snigger and laugh unpleasantly.

Sevien passes the evening discussing inventories with Grok, who seems to mistrust book keeping and favour her memory for tracking stock. Indeed, she recites a litany of items she has transacted with the crew, such as a bottle of musky perfume sold to Conchobhar for 35gp, a potion of neutralise poison sold to Cog for 750gp, and a magical dagger bought from Peppery Longfarthing for 1000gp.

After Mata's game, there's few pirates left atop decks, and none seem to have weapons.

The waves lap gently against the ship and while the night brings some relief from the heat of the day, below decks is stuffy enough for Giffer Tibbs to make the effort of bringing a hammock onto the main deck. This merely earns her a reprimand and the lash from Master Plugg, and she retreats back to the lower hold. Otherwise, the night passes uneventfully.


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

I'm done for the night ready for the next day, day 4?


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) HP: 25/25 AC: 16

Yep, Sevien goes to sleep for the night.


Female Taldane Human Bard (Sea Singer) 1 / Cleric of Besmara 0

Done for the night. I will pay Grok a visit tomorrow while I'm supposed to be working ;)


Male Human (Taldan) Buccaneer 3- HP 25/25, AC15, CMD15, F+3, R+4, W+1, 0/12 BP Used, 0/4 Lvl 1 Spells Used

Also ready to move on.


Same.


Deity

Day 4

Again, the heat rises with the sun and few stay below decks any longer than they have too. The Wormwood continues its journey south by southwest and the slight breeze atop decks gives some relief as Mister Plugg doles out another days chores.

The smile on Jack Scrimshaw's face at being assigned to work with Aemilia fades when they are assigned to man the bilges. Aretta and Fipps are sent below decks as rat catchers. Sandara is assigned a second day of swabbing the decks, joined by Cog, Tilly and Badger. Giffer, Shivikah and Jape are assigned to repairs and Rosie and Lysandra are assigned as runners, leaving Mata and Sevien with hauling ropes and knot work. Nakon is grounded again with line work, while Barefoot continues her lucky streak as lookout. Syl and Narwhal are assigned the mainsail duties while Maheem does rope work and Ratline does upper rigging work. Xantrius is sent below decks to the blistering hot kitchen to find Kroop well into the rum already.

You've barely started your duties when Jack Scrimshaw rushes onto deck, ashen faced and babbling.
"There be things below. I was jus' startin' an' it came at me and took a chunk o' me and it 'as huge teeth an' there be more o' them slitherin' like an' th' water was churnin' an' I ran an' I ain't goin' back an..."

"SHADDUP!" Plugg cracks the cat and looks around, his eyes resting on Mata and Sevien hauling out the ropes, and Nakon nearby. He smiles.
"You lot. And th' girl," he points at Lysandra nearby. "Get yer fat friend from th' galley an' get yer lazy arses down t' th' bilges an' don't bother comin' out 'gain till whate'er's down thar be dead."


Nakon shrugs and moves to comply, he doesn't seem unhappy at the prospect of killing something.

When the others are ready to proceed, he takes the lead, drawing a sharp looking dagger from the inside pocket of his vest when the group is below deck and out of the other pirates sight.

When they near the bilge section, he runs the edge across his left thumb, spilling a droplet of blood onto the blade and chanting a few words in a guteril toungue. Spellcraft DC 11 magic weapon


Male Half-Orc Wizard 2 - HP 11/21, 0 non-lethal, AC15, CMD16, F+2, R+1, W+2, Prescience 0/5

Mata's face breaks into a grin. "Pleased to do so Mr Plugg." Scurrying down the stairs yells out "Xantrius come out the out the galley there is fun to be had." and continues straight down to the hammocks and gets out his heavy mace. When he gets to the hatch down to the bilge he pauses for everyone else to catch up and will try to cast detect magic several times until everyone else is ready (assuming no one else is around).

I'll roll twice let me know if I have time for more or don't get time for even those. Concentration target 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

I will use Prescience in the first round even if there isn't anything to fight.

351 to 400 of 1,503 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shipmaster Dave's Skull and Shackles 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.