Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath

Game Master Kybryn


201 to 250 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4
Kwava wrote:
"Any questions?"

Wasp leans back in her chair.

"Do you have any information about this elf, or their alleged organization that you can share? Any existing leads besides the time of the meeting?"

Qadira

@Wasp
"Not really. We had an informant in town who shared the rumors with headquarters. Had.... Anyway, anything beyond that, I've learned from my own sources. Word is she's been smuggling in some crates under the radar. Due to lack of organization, we weren't able to determine where they come from, where they go, and what they contain. At this point that trail is cold, or has stopped completely. One of my informants, who I may introduce you to at a later time, tipped me off in regards to this meeting. I don't know much about who will be there, or what to expect, but I got the impression that it's not too high level."


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad thought for some time, letting others question before engaging Kwava himself.

a."What was that bat-winged caged creature back in the entrance hall?"
b."What is that black blot outside?"
c."Can you tell us the monetary value for these gems? Is this the advance payment you were referring to?"
d."How long ago did you purchase the Gold Goblin? Do any suspect you are not what you appear?"
e."What does the name 'Kwava' mean or refer to?"

There's also a few things I'd like to handwave which could constitute my time after the meeting:

a. Meet with Blakeley and discuss the blot as a foreign academic.
b. Find a magic scroll/items merchant or crafter.
c. Start designing fortifications for my (or our) quarters, and/or discussing such with Kwava.
d. Find the tallest building/structure within town, and assess its security.
e. Recon on the bonyard, tactical options.

Let me know what/if rolls are needed.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Dendarial accepts the offered chair and tries to appear calm as the conversation continues. But inside he is conflicted. Dark happenings and shady operations? That describes every business deal in this town. I am suppose to kill based on this? I told myself I was through following orders blindly.

When invited to ask questions Den speaks up hesitantly . Kwava, You say you want information, but you also say no survivors. I have found these two goals do not support each other well. Left with no incentive to talk, people often do not talk, short of extreme torture I am unwilling to participate in. We can observe these dealings and then interrupt them and report what was going on. That will surely yield much information. We could also bring you prisoners if that will help your cause? This last idea is phrased as a question.

Den also asks about the location of the bonyard and mentions planning to scout it in advance.

Qadira

@Ziyad

a. That's 'Old Scratch'. He's used as part of the attraction here. He's working off a debt to the manager and ex-owner here, Saul Vancaskerkin. As for what he is, he's a lesser devil, straight out of hell. (know: Planes if you like)


b. Not quite sure to be honest. I've got my suspicions, but I'll keep those to myself for now. What I can tell you is that it's constantly moving, but never really goes anywhere.

c.Kwava picks up one of the gems and inspects it closely.
Ah, yes. These are worth about 425 each. And yes, this is the advance payment I was referring to.

d. The Shin'Rakorath purchased the Gold Goblin only recently... I'd say two months ago. The people in this town are almost all suspicious, and equally as suspecting. But I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary if that's what you're asking. As far as these people are concerned, I'm a wealthy elf looking to secure an income. Nothing more, nothing less.


e. Kwava... it is an inherited name from my family.

a. gather information check

b. know (local), gather information

c. what are your ideas? Traps? Magic? Kwava has nothing against anything subtle, that won't worry the patrons.

d. Hours Searching: 1d4 ⇒ 1 know(engineering)

e. I'll post a map up for you soon, as if you guys were able to scout out the area.

Qadira

"Dendarial, yes? I understand your concerns, as I felt similarly my first few times on the job. I suspect that a man with your experience in our line of work would have methods of obtaining information, a few of which you've just mentioned. If torture is not for you, then find another way. In any case, this city will be much better off without this... elf and her chronies. Look at it this way, you'll be making your own life easier by taking out as many of her allies as possible now. As for taking prisoners, if you can find a way to do it without a soul noticing, then be my guest. But remember, if you jeopardize this operation or our cover at all by allowing word to get out on the street that we were involved, you're done, and I will personally make sure of that."

"The 'boneyard' as they call it is out east of town. Follow the main road out and you'll find it to the south."

Qadira

I've posted the map of riddleport on page 4 of gameplay. The boneyard is location 31 on the east side of town. Feel free to read the entry under "Map Locations by Number" in the Campaign Info tab. Here is the map of the central area of the boneyard. Feel free to ask quesitons or investigate portions of the map.

Boneyard


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Questions...
"What is the purpose of the boneyard, what usually goes on there?"
..and linguistics to identify where "Kwava" might be from?
linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

OOC stuff...
a. Gather Info Blakeley: 1d20 ⇒ 19
b. Gather Info Magic Merchant: 1d20 ⇒ 4
c. I was thinking a false wall I could hide behind and view my room and perhaps the common area. A bigger project might be a defensive tower disguised as an ornamental feature. Or perhaps an escape route built into the building somehow, like a larger hidden passage leading to a tunnel.
d. k(engi) tower: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
e. Cool


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Sorry, I didn't notice you had posted info on the boneyard already. Are those 5ft squares on the map?

Also can I find Saul real quick and get the full story on Old Scratch?


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Vhalas will continue to stand, arms crossed while casually leaning back against the wall, in an almost disrespectful posture. That’s right buddy, I'm not scared of your cheap tricks. I've seen this sorta slam before, and I ain't gonna work on me.

"The Boneyard eh? I'm sure I'll find it. But let's be clear, I'm no hatchetman, if there's killing to be done I won't shy away from it, but WE decide when we get on the ground. As if to accentuate the point Vhalas begins to roll a cigarette, lights it and gestures at Kwava. "Your plan's great until the first blade is pulled, then it all goes arse up." Gods, has this guy ever set an ambush before? Elaborate schemes and subterfuge always go wrong. "Mistakes will happen, they always do and you should know that no operation will always go smooth. The winner is the last guy who doesn't screw the hound eh'?" Anyhow, we'll get the information. Now if you got nothing else." Vhalas flicks the cigarette onto the polished wooden floor and stamps it out. "I got some things need doing."

If the group is ok with it, I will go sell the gear we looted from the Barbarians. Accounting for 50% resell the total amount per person will be 80 gold, 7 silver. Dendarial also mentioned he wanted a Alchemical Silver to replace his Cold Iron one (28 gold), so I can go pick one up for him, and since it was a good suggestion, I'll pick up Alchemical Silver Short Sword (30 gold) and two Alchemist's Fire (40 gold) as well leaving me 10 gold, 7 silver in profit.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4
Dendarial wrote:
"Left with no incentive to talk, people often do not talk, short of extreme torture I am unwilling to participate in."

Wasp has been idly playing with the dagger she obtained from the barbarian on the trip over. When Dendarial says this, she smirks, and her eyes dart between the ranger and Kwava.

"I'm rather an expert at obtaining information, Den. You leave me some survivors, and I'll find out what they know. Don't worry about how."

Kwava wrote:
"But remember, if you jeopardize this operation or our cover at all by allowing word to get out on the street that we were involved, you're done, and I will personally make sure of that."

Wasp smiles sweetly, eyes twinkling. "There won't be anyone left to tell tales, Kwava. And if there is, they won't be in any condition to do so."

Vhalas wrote:
"Mistakes will happen, they always do and you should know that no operation will always go smooth. The winner is the last guy who doesn't screw the hound eh'? Anyhow, we'll get the information. Now if you got nothing else. I got some things need doing."

Wasp watches the cigarette fall to the floor and get stamped out, then watches after Vhalas' back as he walks out.

He's got quite a chip on his shoulder. She glances back at Kwava. And I get the impression there's something between these two.

Tonight, Wasp will be switching her Misdirection to "Neutral Evil." From now on, she'll also be leaving through anything BUT the front door to the Golden Goblin.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Depending on the time of day Den wants to go scout the boneyard.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Talia will wander around the Goblin for the bulk of the day. Getting the lay out of it and resting up.

Downtime:

I would like to draw up a couple of scrolls - Burning Disarm and Deathwatch.

Qadira

@Ziyad You learn that Blakely is a Cyphermage, but nobody you come in contact with has actually seen him.

The largest building you're able to find is the "Mystery of the Gate" #19, and the Cyphergate. Both pieces of architecture seem to be in excellent condition.

When you ask Saul about Old Scratch, he says the following:

"Old Scratch? He's one of my biggest attractions! The Gold Goblin isn't just a gambling hall, it's an attraction. You see these succubi? Old Scratch "summoned" them. You see the way these tables are setup? They represent the nine hells. You think it's a coincident our chips are counted by fake eyes, teeth, and hearts? He he, when people come here, they forget all about their world, and they enter into mine. If you're really interested in knowing, Old Scratch is an imp."

Qadira

@Vhalas As you begin to walk out, Kwava says the following:

"Haha, you don't look it but you've got quite the imagination. You're reading way too far into the instructions. Here is what the Shin'Rakorath require, and do not forget it, for your future in this organization will depend on it:

1. Obtain as much information as you can, by whatever means necessary.
2. Once you've done so, take out the targets.

How you do it is of no importance to me. The Shin'Rakorath trust you, and that's why you're here. Good luck.

Oh, and disrespect me again and I'll cut your throat."

Qadira

@All

We'll assume that at some point you guys head to the boneyard together.

Right off the bat, you notice:

1. The area is filled with trash. Everything from old clothing to retired ships. The air is fowl and there's a very light mist.
2. The squares are 5'
3. The blue area of the map represents briny water to an average depth of 2 feet. It costs 2 squares of movement to move into a square and Tumble check DCs increase by 2 in these areas of shallow bog.
4. You may all give me a survival roll to identify dangerous areas and to ascertain the best way of entering the encounter.
5. I'd like a perception check from each of you.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4
Kwava wrote:
"Oh, and disrespect me again and I'll cut your throat."

Wasp waves her hand after Vhalas.

"Don't mind him. Vhal is really good at what he does best - he's just not much of a people person. You won't regret having him as an agent, even if he's lippy."

She smiles at Kwava, trying to diffuse the situation.

In the end, she'll leave with the rest of the group. Assuming we head out to check on the boneyard that evening, Wasp insists on taking a back route out of the Golden Goblin.

Survival 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Right, time to put my Infiltrator skills to use. The Killer Wasp will spend the next day making subtle inquiries about this elf, and their little "get-together." Nothing that could be traced back to the Golden Goblin, and nothing too overt.

If anything, she'll leave the implication that she's interested in joining this elf's organization, and pass herself off as a small-time rogue named "Ella" looking to break into something bigger.

Wasp's goal here is just to get an idea of who'll be at this meeting, what it's about, and who this mysterious elf smuggler is. More info means a better plan for ambushing the meeting. :)

Wasp isn't above bribes or outright threats. I'll be a busy girl.

Bluff 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Intimidate 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

And again, I'll be flagging as Neutral Evil to anyone who cares to check. I also get a bonus to save vs spells that force the truth. Not that I'm anticipating much magical detection at this level.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

I can't seem to find #10 on the map, the Gold Goblin. The description says near #11.

With Saul...
Ziyad inquires "That is certainly entertaining, "Hell", I mean. But how do you make sure it isn't plotting against you? I thought imps were creatures against humanity. Do you practice conjuration magic? Or is it a ruse of somekind, similar to the succubi?"

At some point in the downtime...
"Talia, have you read about any extensive scroll or magic traders in the area?"

At the boneyard...
Survival:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Perception:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
+1 to find traps in perception check.

I guess I'd also like to find any useful looking trash that is broken/soiled but might be repaired/cleaned.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

The ranger chuckles to himself when Kwava threatens the rogue. Powerful people make better allies than enemies. Doesn't Vhalas know that?

At the boneyard, in addition to just scouting around Den is looking for some place to shoot from. Looks like there is no higher ground though.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Edit - well, good to get these low rolls out of the way.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Assuming that the sales went according to plan, after several hours Vhalas returns from selling the groups spoils of war. He hands out 80 gold to Wasp, Ziyad and Talia. Dendarial is given 52 gold and a Alchemical Silver Kurki. While Vhalas pockets a Alchemical Silver Short Sword, two Alchemist's Fire and 10 gold. Vhalas will also change out his two gems into coin, for easier transactions.

As Vhalas walks out of the gold goblin, he lights up another cigarette. I'll have to take out a insurance policy out against Kwava, in case he tries to make good on his threat. *chuckles* At least I am back in my element. Now let's go see if there's a local bank of Abadar around this waste of a town.

After several hours of selling horse's, picking up supply's and a short errand at the local Bank of Abadar Vhalas returns to the Gold Goblin, tired but satisfied with his progress. Now let's see about this midnight rendezvous. *shakes head* A meeting at night, in a "isolated place" how original, how cliché, it will be like taking coin from a blind beggar.

Bank of Abadar:
"Good evening Sir. Yes, I would like to speak to one of your priests about opening a safe deposit box. Fantastic, fantastic. I do have some special instructions however. Upon my death or disappearance, I would like one of your priests to open the box and disperse the contents. Oh no, I am in no danger, just careful is all. Yes of course I understand there's an additional fee. How long do I have disappear before the items are disbursed? Let's say one week. I'll return here in seven days. If I do not, please open the box and deliver the letters, there will be an additional fee enclosed in the box as a donation for your delivery on my behalf. I'll need some privacy, ink and paper, then you can place the box away." Once the priest departs Vhalas begins to quickly and fluidly write out three letters, each a description of events up to this point, naming Kwava as the true owner of the Gold Goblin, and a base of operations for the Shin'rakorath. Addressing each of the Letters to a different local crime lord. Vhalas seals the letters, locks them into the safe deposit box and smiles. Better safe than sorry Vhalas.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Vhalas! X_X That sucks man...bank...if we all get captured then we all get exposed.

Besides, if Kwava actually does kill you, don't you think the rest of us would kill him back?

Can you think of some other way to extort him? Maybe we can dig up some dirt on him.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Sounds like he has done it. What I fear is that the security of the bank might be poor. Vhalas may be making modern day America assumption on that. What if the bank is robbed? What if, well, lots of things could happen. What if you get killed or captured and its not related to Kwava? You would have betrayed our newly joined elven brotherhood for no reason. Your actions could result in our deaths even. Den sleeps in the Golden Goblin after all. In Den's eyes what Vhalas did is treason to all Elves. Not likely he will ever find out, but if he does he is not likely going to want to hang with Vhalas to say the least.

I do have to admit its an interesting, ballsy response to being threatened. lol


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Vhalas's Logic:
If you guys have ever played though "Seven Days to the Grave" there is a great example of a Bank of Abadar that is pretty standard to Pathfinder. Typically the Church of Abadar also doubles as the city's bank. They are considered quite secure. Metagaming aside Vhalas is loyal to himself first, then the group, then the Shin'Rakorath. I don't plan to die, but on the other hand I'm not very sympathetic of Elven culture. I am a "forlorn" that was left on the streets. No Elf's adopted me. I had to make my own way, and if you’re a threat to me, I'll cover my interested. Clearly Kwava has resources, he had enough gold to buy the goblin flat out, and pay us all close to 1,000 gold flat, so yes, Vhalas would absolutely be cautious. Knowing that Kwava values secrecy over everything else, this is the best chance that Vhalas has to stay alive if there's a double cross, or the Boneyard goes bad and somone escapes or god forbid Kwava actually turned out to be a traitor and this whole thing tonight is a ambush. I know it all sounds paranoid, and it is, but Vhalas doesn't trust lightly.

Qadira

Wasp:
After some very effective inquiry, you are able to find out that there is in fact a an elf woman leading some kind of underground cause in the city. Nobody claims to have seen her in daylight, but the word on the street is that she has silver hair, which has been observed glistening in the moonlight. Nobody knows her name, even with threat of death. You do get word on the street that there is in fact a meeting going down tonight, and that the elf herself will in fact be there.

@All Working together as a party, you are able to determine that the darker areas of the water are deeper pits, which are a risk. You determine that coming in from the east has several tactical advantages given your best guess and Wasps intel of where this meeting will be taking place. You also notice the footprints of several large rats... medium sized. They are all over the place, and do not seem to be headed in any direction.

Ziyad:

You hear debris falling from one of the scrapped ships, and a flash of a moving shadow which is out of sight as soon as you see it. If you pursue, you are not able to find anything.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Prior to heading out this evening, Wasp does indeed pass along what she's learned.

"I very curious about this elf in charge of the meeting, tonight. Nobody seems to know much about her, other than she's in charge of some underground 'cause.' She's apparently never been seen by the light of day, and no one knows her name. Couldn't even get an alias."

She looks up the Blot.

"Hair like silver that glistens in the moonlight..."

The inquisitor hums to herself.

"At any rate, I've definitely confirmed she'll be there. I think she needs to be our primary target for taking someone alive. She may have some very interesting secrets to share."


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den nods, checking one of his quivers. He pulls an arrow that has a blunt iron head. Alive. I will try. But this person does not sound like a normal elf to me.

Not sure how common knowledge of the Drow is in this campaign.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Understood Vhalas, not a big deal really, and it is cool, as mentioned.

Ziyad's eyes narrowed, turning to a ruined vessel he suddenly took a defensive posture. "There, that downed caravel...we've been observed." He pulled out a slightly curved dagger.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Talia, upon hearing that they have been spotted, uses her wand of mage armor.

Then let us see what may be seen. Shall we?


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Unstraping his short bow, Vhalas murmurs "Right, this could get ugly." Then he crouches down in the muck behind a wooden mast and several floating barrels and surveys his surrounding. Stealth / Perception "I'll get into the thick of it as soon as I can, just going to try to get the drop on them first." If we get back we need to have a quiet talk with Kwava concerning how he got the information about this meeting!

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Qadira

Facts:

1. Speak of Drow is only fit for fairly-tales and tall-tales. (presumably) None of you have ever seen a Drow, or met anyone credible who would admit to have seeing a Drow. Therefore: nobody should rightfully assume that this is an actual Drow. Anybody with knowledge history may roll to see what they know of the legend of the Drow.

2. Ziyad is the only one who heard or observed anything.

3. You all wait, braced. Nothing happens.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den, bow in one hand and an arrow in the other stands quiet and ready. After a moment he moves stealthily towards the where Ziyad indicated the noise came from.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17

I'll be away from my computer most of the day. I will try to follow any action from my cell phone, but will not have an easy time posting.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad moved to the wreck but said "It slinked away, whatever it was...maybe just a large rodent...but I think this warrants extra caution either way. There seems to be an ecosystem here that will respond to our movements, and perhaps be used against us. I don't suppose any of you fancy yourself a rat charmer."

History check for the legend of Drow:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp has her weapons at the ready, and follows the others in.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

I'll check it out, hold tight And with that Vhalas slinks off though the muck and wrecks to check out the noise.

Drider, I would like to keep my stealth check and move foward to investigate the noise, but at no point moveing farther then charge range from my compaions

Qadira

Ziyad:
Stories of old Elves tell that Drow look like elves with dark skin and white hair. Rumor has it they live underground and worship demon gods.

@All upon investigating the boat, all you see are the same footprints as before, except this time they look fresh. They lead to a small body of murky water, and disappear.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Staring at the spot where the footprints disappear in to the water and placing his arrow back into its quiver Den comments. I believe we have gotten all we can from the visit to this place. Let us be away and complete our planning for tonight.

Unless its already close to nightfall.

Qadira

just direct me on your plans everyone. I need more of a consensus to move forward.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp is with the rest of the group, laying low. When the time comes to ambush the meeting - she'll be there, weapons ready.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Same here, Vhalas has no reason to depart. Best to just wait for the meeting. He will use his knowledge in stealth to advise the other members of the group in the best ways to stay unnoticed, if you will allow that Drider. BTW! Good luck on your submission in the Drowing Stones campaign, I applyed myself!


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

I am good with waiting here if there is cover to be had close by.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Waiting sounds alright to me, perhaps at the east end, as advised. I might talk to Den a little about what animals perform best in this terrain. I assume the answer is rats.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Talia submits to the more worldly of the group, not having any practical knowledge of tactic.

Qadira

Okay, I'll setup a stealth roll for the party. Working together, and hiding behind wood and other debris, I'll give a cumulative +4 bonus. Given that any one of you could give up the entire party, I will average your stealth scores, which is a +8. Adding 4 to that gives you a +12 modifier.

Qadira

Party Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
The party spends the rest of the day creating a masterful hiding spot near the north-east end of the water. Completely invisible to the outside, and in udder silence, the party waits and watches for their enemy.

Boneyard Ambush
I'll be working on the map for the next few minutes. I'll explain what happens, and let you guys respond/plan before rolling for initiative.

Qadira

Just as the arc of the sun disappears behind the horizon, three wererats slowly walk to the edge of the water from the south (projected path shown). They are obviously trying to remain out of sight by the way that they continue to slip from shadow to shadow. Their bows are drawn, and they look as if they are searching for something. Their heads continue to rotate back and forth...

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

You may now act or continue to wait


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den gives a hand signal with his hand flat palm down, moving in a downward motion and remains still and watchful.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Vhalas will hold position, waiting for the 2nd group to arrive.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Yes I think we intended to try and hear what they were talking about before killing. DM see my question in discussion please.

Qadira

After a few minutes, the rats spread out and begin to drop what looks like rotting chunks of meat into the water. Once they've completed this, they bring in some polls, straw, and clothing, and begin setting up dummies toward the middle of the water.

Most of the dummies are pretty simple, but one of them is wearing a white wig.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

There's no meeting, this is a trap! They must have known someone was comming! Vhalas silently tap's Den's shoulder and points to his arrows hoping he will understand, then points to the wererats and with a single finger runs it across his throat, and looking at the group nods in question.

201 to 250 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.