Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM kuey's The Confirmation (#5-08) - PbP GD6

Game Master kuey

maps and handouts

Janira's bag of wondrous items

Aroden's Blessings:

Farmer: Completing this ritual grants all of the PCs a +1 luck bonus on Fortitude saves against poison.
Scholar: Completing this ritual grants all of the PCs a +1 competence bonus on Knowledge checks made to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures.
Soldier: Completing this ritual grants each PC a +1 insight bonus to AC if she has taken damage since the start of her last turn.


151 to 200 of 216 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30

"Third time's a charm..." mutters Nerias under his breath, as he prepares to shoot the remaining skeleton again. However, it seems that today is really not his lucky day...

attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 1 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 18 | hp 13/16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +4, Perc +6, SensM +2 | Stunning Fist 1/1

Kalak looks at the others surrounding the skeleton and holds back a sigh. She spots an opening, slips past her allies and attempts to punch the last remaining undead.

unarmed attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sovereign Court

Ri attempts to fire a bolt of flames at the remaining skeleton over Lucy's head, but the boar leaps up just as she is firing and she had to quickly redirect the attack to avoid hitting her ally, but also missing the skeleton. Nerias tries for the 3rd time to injure the skeleton but this bolt flies past its skull and clatters against the opposite wall.

Kalak, in moving to that position, you would get an additional +2 for flanking, but also provoke an attack of opportunity from the skeleton.

Kalak weaves her way past her allies to get into position, flanking the undead with Natalia. The skeleton, however, seizes the opportunity of her brief distraction in her movement to claw at her, slicing deep cuts at her side.
claw vs Kalak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Ignoring the pain, Kalak slams her fist across the skeleton's ribs and it collapses into a pile of bones!

Combat over!

Status: Kalak: 13/16

Sovereign Court

With the skeletons destroyed, you turn to search the chamber.

A simple examination of the skeletons reveal that they are gillmen in origin, while the body in the corner is that of a dhampir. The gillmen have obviously been deceased for many months to be in that skeletal state, but the dhampir could not have been dead for more than a month or two. On his body, you find a brief journal written by the dhampir. Flipping through the entries, you take note especially of some entries.

My theory is correct. These fish people visit the caves like clockwork every full moon. And they foolishly always come one by one! They would be perfect for me to start building up my army of undead!

A brilliant idea even if I do say so myself. Digging the pit was hard work, but once camouflaged, it is a perfect trap for these gullible fish people!

Success! After slaughtering my first captive, the spells I've learnt from that witch works! I've raised my first undead! The first of many!

And the last entry:

The skeletons are behaving strangely. They sometimes wander off on their own, and it takes repeated casting of the spell to bring them back under my control. If that witch had sold me a faulty spell, I'll turn her into an animated corpse!

You surmise that the dhampir necromancer must have eventually lost control of the undeads.

Among his belongings, you also find a pearl and a ring.

ring: detect magic + spellcraft DC20:
The ring is a ring of protection +1.

pearl: detect magic + spellcraft DC16:
The pearl is a pearl of power (1st level spell).

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 1 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 18 | hp 13/16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +4, Perc +6, SensM +2 | Stunning Fist 1/1

Oh! Right, I somehow forgot that. Thanks.

Kalak rubs her hands together once the fight is over, trying to get the chalky bone dust off them. She pays rather little attention to the dhampir's belongings after having read his journal. "We'd better find that gillman and let him know what happened here. We should keep the journal. The Society will certainly be interested in it."

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kitsune - Head Disciple of the Sunlight Sect, First of the Chosen - Level 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -2 CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1/6 | Active conditions: 1 Non-Lethal (Burn)

Ri looks to Kalak and nods. "I agree. We should take their remains so that the gillman can deal with them." she says as she gathers the bones.

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

"Maybe we should finish exploring first before returning to that gillman. There might be other information further inside that he'll want to know about." Natalia lightly suggests.

Sovereign Court

perception:

percep, Natalia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
percep, Grey: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
percep, Lucy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
percep, Nerias: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
percep, Kuukuruu: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
percep, Kalak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
percep, TFR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

The party takes one last look around the small cavern room which appears to be a dead-end. That's when Ri notices that what appears to be a small crack in the wall to the north seems to actually lead to a small passageway. As she draws nearer, she can vaguely hear some voices off to the distance from the tunnel.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kitsune - Head Disciple of the Sunlight Sect, First of the Chosen - Level 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -2 CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1/6 | Active conditions: 1 Non-Lethal (Burn)

"There are some voices coming from over here." she warns to the rest of the group. "Wait for my signal." she warns before moving up to the far wall.

Seeing as the bones are heavy, Ri puts them down gently, showing the utmost respect for the dead. After they have been placed to the side, well out of the way of any danger, Ri goes through the slight crack in the wall, trying to figure out who is talking.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30

While Ri is exploring the crack in the wall, Nerias proceeds to have a look at the ring and the pearl, but they seem like ordinary objects to him.

Putting them down, he anxiously awaits Ri's signal...

Sovereign Court

Hmm, although Grey has detect magic and hence can tell the items are magical, seems that no one has spellcraft so what they are will remain a mystery. They'll go into your chronicle sheets though at the end of the scenario, and into Janira's backpack for now. Nonetheless, is anyone going to try wearing the ring? :)

Ri, don't forget that you have light on yourself right now. So any attempt at stealthing will likely fail as you'll stand out like a sore thumb. :) Doesn't matter in this case, however.

Ri squeezes into the tunnel cautiously but finds just a narrow passageway that twists and turns, preventing you from seeing much further ahead. However, you can hear the voices slightly more clearly now.

She hears, very faintly, the sounds of combat and a familiar woman’s voice half-shouting and half-reciting, “As the legendary Gregaro Voth successfully battled the wild beasts in the deepest
reaches of the Mwangi Expanse, so shall I defeat you, foul servant of Lamashtu!”

It's Janira! It seems that Janira is still engaging the minotaur in combat on the surface! And although it sounds quite some distance further ahead, perhaps the tunnel would lead there...

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kitsune - Head Disciple of the Sunlight Sect, First of the Chosen - Level 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -2 CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1/6 | Active conditions: 1 Non-Lethal (Burn)

>.<

Ri yells back to the group as she runs forward as fast as possible. "Janira is ahead and she's still being pursued by the minotaur!" As she yells, she tries to pick her way through the narrow tunnel to the exit.

She may be snooty, but she won't let a comrade die!

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

"Let's not waste anytime, let's go find her!" Natalia says with concern as she swiftly follows Ri.

Grand Lodge

Female Boar HP 13/13 | AC 18; Tch 12; FF 17| F +5; R +4; W +1 | CMB +1; CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +5

Lucy was starting to worry about her big monkey. She could not remember a time he has been so quiet for so long. Maybe he was upset about flailing his metal tusk thingy in the air so uselessly, what ever it was she was going to have to do something about it.

Before she could act one of the other monkeys came running back squealing like a new piglet. She was not quite sure what was happening but she knew just by watching her monkey that something was very wrong. His pace grew paler and his muscle grew tight.

Whatever the problem she was going to fix it, you can not be running around with an unhappy monkey, one had to keep up appearances. Time to reassure him...

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6

Moments after hearing the news about Janira Grey knew they had to act quickly, so did Lucy who began shaking her head back and forth and started pawing at the ground with the occasional snort to emphasize the call to action.

"I know, we will save her."

Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30

"Yes, we should proceed at once! She has been very kind and helpful to us, and we should certainly repay that favour!"

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 1 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 18 | hp 13/16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +4, Perc +6, SensM +2 | Stunning Fist 1/1

Kalak nods briskly as she stuffs the journal she had in hand into her bag and puts her load on her back again. She then rushes into the tunnel without another word.

Sovereign Court

The party hustles through the tunnels towards the surface, hoping to assist their mentor. The route to the surface leads through a maze of tight passages that include steep ascents and short climbs as they wind from west to east. As the you travel, you can hear the sounds of a distant battle echoing through the caves, intermixed with inspirational tales of famous Pathfinders and the heroic deeds — the raging fight between Janira and the minotaur.

You arrive at an area where the steeply inclined tunnels become tighter, ranging from 2 to 5 feet in width and average of about 9 feet in height. They branch, rejoin and dead-end in confusing and frustrating ways. Janira’s words are sufficiently audible by now that you feel inspiring courage to keep pushing on.

You gain the benefits of her inspire courage, i.e. +1 attack, +1 damage, +1 will save vs fear.

All Acrobatics checks DC increase by 4 instead of 2 due to slick floor, steep incline and tight quarters.

Just as Grey reaches yet another frustrating branch, he spots shortly in front an oozing glob of translucent animate monster, which starts reaching out towards the party. From the corner of his eye, he sees another similar creature down the side passage doing the same!

Sovereign Court

knowledge(dungeoneering) DC11:
You recognise these blobs of protoplasms as small oozes known as giant amoebas.
For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may find out more info.

init:

init, Natalia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
init, Grey: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
init, Nerias: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
init, Kuukuruu: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
init, Kalak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
init, Ri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
init, blobs: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (3) - 5 = -2

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: inspire courage, i.e. +1 attack, +1 damage, +1 will save vs fear
~~~
Natalia
Kalak
Grey
Lucy
Kuukuruu
Nerias
Ri
red blob
orange blob

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6

"Kalak take the one to the right, me a Lucy got the one ahead!" shouts Grey as he storms forward to the threat.

GS Attack, ic: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
GS Damage, ic: 2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 + 1 = 10

"Lucy let's go!"

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Grand Lodge

Female Boar HP 13/13 | AC 18; Tch 12; FF 17| F +5; R +4; W +1 | CMB +1; CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +5

Lucy sees the glob thingy and thinks it looks more like a snack than anything to worry about, but her monkey thinks otherwise.

Gore Attack, ic: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
Gore Damage, ic: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

Natalia moves down the passage to see the creature to the south, then moves around to both let someone else attack it and give herself a flank with someone at her next opportunity to attack.

Double Move. If the orange creature has Combat Reflexes that will provoke.

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli 12/12hp| AC19 T14 FF16| Fort +4* Ref +5* Will +2*| Init +3; Perception +6

Kuukuruu sprints forward and draws another blunt arrow and attempts

blunt arrow,PBS, firing into melee: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 17 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 blunt damage.

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 1 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 18 | hp 13/16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +4, Perc +6, SensM +2 | Stunning Fist 1/1

"Alright." Kalak says as she nods, despite Grey not looking at her by then. She draws her kamas as she moves in to flank with Natalia and tries to slash the strange ooze.

attack, cold iron kama: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Sovereign Court

Grey charges up towards the blob and despite his clumsy swing, the blob is hard to miss and he slices off a large chunk of protoplasm. Lucy completes the job by tearing the remaining into pieces of goo.

Natalia races down the side passage to come up behind the remaining ooze. At the same time, Kuukuruu comes down the main passageway and fires an arrow which smashes deep into the ooze. Kalak then moves past Kuukuruu and slices up the ooze.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: inspire courage, i.e. +1 attack, +1 damage, +1 will save vs fear
~~~
Natalia
Kalak
Grey
Lucy
Kuukuruu
Nerias
Ri
red blob
orange blob (13)

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kitsune - Head Disciple of the Sunlight Sect, First of the Chosen - Level 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -2 CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1/6 | Active conditions: 1 Non-Lethal (Burn)

Aiming to help with the hevily injured blob, Ri rushes in, but finds that the hallway is congested. With a heavy breath forced out of her lungs, she tries to focus herself inward. "Focus on my core and let the flame follow naturally." she mutters with her eyes closed as both of her hands raise and a swirling sphere of flame shoots off towards the last enemy.

Sun Rising From The East (Fire Kinetic Blast | PBS | Inspire | Soft Cover | In Melee): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 18
Fire Damage | PBS | Inspire: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7

Connecting solidly with the oozy blob, Ri squeezes her fingers down into fists as she urges the flames to consume the creature and end its life, leaving only ash behind.

Sun Rising From The East (Fire Kinetic Blast | PBS | Inspire | Soft Cover | In Melee): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 0
Fire Damage | PBS | Inspire: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8

Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30

Nerias runs up to the blob as well, and tries to hit it with his dagger from around the corner.

Not sure I can reach it, though, but here are my rolls anyway:
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sovereign Court

Ri moves up beside Kuukuruu. Initially frustrated at the blocked view she has of the remaining monster, she focuses her concentration and through all the intervening allies and rock walls, shoots a blast of fire that smashes into the remaining blob, burning it up leaving nothing more than stains on the floor.

Nerias, yes but with a -4 penalty due to the cover from the hard corner.

Combat over!

The party's elation at destroying the two oozes do not last long. Grey notices to the east faint moonlight. The surface is near! And more importantly, the sound of Janira's oration is close and clear now!

I will allow one round of buffs before the next encounter as you rush out to the surface.

Sovereign Court

After another 100 feet or so, you burst out of the caves into the surface.

The moonlight of the surface world above provides a welcome reprieve from the blue and green fungus of the caverns below. You emerge from the caverns into a 40-foot clearing at the base of the Kortos Mounts.

There's quite a bit of terrain information here.

Grey's glowing sword and Ri's burning cloak cast good lighting around you but beyond that, the full moon above only provides dim lighting over the entire area. It is nonetheless bright enough to illuminate even the shaded leaf litter beneath the trees. Kalak, you had been fighting with two hands previously, so I'm assuming you're not holding your torches anymore.

1. Creatures more than 40ft from Grey or Ri is in dim lighting, gaining concealment (20% miss chance) except for those with darkvision.

Beyond the clearing and across much of the area, the woodlands are filled with underbrush, which would impede your movement and block some of your vision. In addition, the area is sparsely populated with trees, although they are still relatively juvenile and hence not very large.

2. All the green tiles are light undergrowth, i.e. difficult terrain, and provide concealment (20% miss chance).
3. The dark green splots are trees. You can share space with them and gain partial cover (+2 AC, +1 reflex).

Further down, the moonlight illuminates a stream whose water is hastened by runoff from a recent storm further up the mountains. The stream is about 10 feet wide and 5 feet deep, and the water rushes downstream from north to south.

4. The river requires a DC 15 Swim check to navigate. A Large creature can walk through the water as though it were difficult terrain with a successful DC 12 Strength check. You can also jump across the river with a DC10 acrobatics. Failing by 5 or less, you reach the other side and fall prone, ending your move action. Failing by more than 5, and you fall in. If you fall in, you would be washed downstream (north to south) 30 feet per round until you succeed at the swim check.

A 3-foot-diameter tree truck spans the width of the river, creating an impromptu bridge. However, it looks slippery from the water splashing from the river.

5. Crossing the tree trunk requires a successful DC 7 Acrobatics check, and you would be flatfooted. If you fail, you can make a DC 13 Reflex save to fall prone on the trunk, or fall into the water.

A ledge to the south rises up above the nearby forest canopy to a height of 20 feet. You imagine that any one standing on the ledge would have a commanding view of the battlefield and have a clear vantage point for ranged attacks.

6. Southern ledge 20 feet high, and no concealment from the undergrowth but possibly still from dim lighting.

Nearly 100 feet from the cave’s entrance, Janira is locked in combat with her relentless minotaur foe in a clearing on the eastern bank of the stream. There a wide gash across her side, and a deep gore in her shoulder. She is clearly pale with serious loss of blood. Despite that, her spirit is strong and defiant. Janira shouts, “You vile beast! I know not what drives your black heart, but I shall not fail in my duty. I shall see you driven from this forest, back to the hills from whence you came!” Her continued oration continues to inspire courage in your hearts. She is so focused on the minotaur that she has not noticed you. Neither has the minotaur.

By the way, don't forget the gear you got from Janira. Some of them might come in useful. :)

Summary of terrain conditions:

1. Creatures more than 40ft from Grey or Ri is in dim lighting, gaining concealment (20% miss chance) except for those with darkvision.
2. All the green tiles are light undergrowth, i.e. difficult terrain, and provide concealment (20% miss chance).
3. The dark green splots are trees. You can share space with them and gain partial cover (+2 AC, +1 reflex).
4. The river requires a DC 15 Swim check to navigate. A Large creature can walk through the water as though it were difficult terrain with a successful DC 12 Strength check. You can also jump across the river with a DC10 acrobatics. Failing by 5 or less, you reach the other side and fall prone, ending your move action. Failing by more than 5, and you fall in. If you fall in, you would be washed downstream (north to south) 30 feet per round until you succeed at the swim check.
5. Crossing the tree trunk requires a successful DC 7 Acrobatics check, and you would be flatfooted. If you fail, you can make a DC 13 Reflex save to fall prone on the trunk, or fall into the water.
6. Southern ledge is 20 feet high and no climb check necessary. From there, no concealment due to the undergrowth.

Sovereign Court

init:

init, Natalia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
init, Grey: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
init, Nerias: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
init, Kuukuruu: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
init, Kalak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
init, Ri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
init, Janira: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
init, minotaur: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: inspire courage: +1 attack, +1 dmg, +1 save vs fear
~~~
Natalia
Janira
Kalak
Grey
Lucy
Ri
Nerias
minotaur
Kuukuruu

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

With it difficult to see in the moonlight, Natalia pulls a sunrod from her backpack and activates it.

Sovereign Court

Natalia, you're not intending to move?

Janira still has not spotted the party. Intoning at the top of her voice, she calls out to her foe, "Just as the fabled Yasmin bint Faroud, favored of the Ten, who gave her life distracting Zythrustianax, draconic scourge of the Society, to my dying breath, I will defy you!" She steps back, swings her whip to try to disarm the minotaur, but she is clearly fatigued and her weapon fails to come even close to the minotaur's battleaxe.
whip disarm, fatigued, inspire courage: 1d20 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 1 + 1 = 7

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: inspire courage: +1 attack, +1 dmg, +1 save vs fear | light 40ft radius on Grey & Ri, 60ft radius on Natalia
~~~
Natalia
Janira (17, 1NL)
Kalak
Grey
Lucy
Ri
Nerias
minotaur (7)
Kuukuruu

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6

"Lucy we have to to reach here!" yells Grey and takes off at a sprint

Lucy snorts derisively and lunges after Grey, easily keeping pace with the now speedy hunter.

1 round buff: Longstrider
Double move for Grey and Lucy, both have a 40ft speed at the moment

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

I would move, but I believe that retrieving a stored item is a move action and activating a sunrod is a standard action.

Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30

Nerias will try to shoot the Minotaur, but I'm a bit shaky on the calculations, so feel free to correct:

Attack 80-160 ft, inspiration bonus: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18
Damage, inspiration bonus: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

I guess the defender has to make the concealment roll? Also, how do you want me to deal with ammunition? Ignore, or do accurate bookkeeping? Can I try to recover bolts after an attack?

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kitsune - Head Disciple of the Sunlight Sect, First of the Chosen - Level 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -2 CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1/6 | Active conditions: 1 Non-Lethal (Burn)

Assuming I can encourage Natalia to 5' step out of the way at the end of her turn instead of standing in my way.

Utilizing her fiery speed and skilled acrobatics, Ri takes off running through the shadowy plainsland as she lets her flames illuminate the areas around her. "Keep drawing its attention!" she yells before she shoots through the couple of the trees near the group and takes a flying leap over the river, not even coming close to falling in.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

As she lands on the other side, she quickly pulls up to a nearby tree and begins to focus her flames down to her fists, causing the needles of the nearby pine to crackle.

"We have arrived to help, Janira! Hold its attention for a few more seconds and we will take it down!" she yells to the halfling to bolster her courage.

Full Action - Run.
Free Action - Acrobatics - DC 10.

If she cannot get Natalia to move, then Ri just moves 60' closer to the river.

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

When I acted, there was nowhere to move 5 feet due to the all the other PC's around me. You can verify this if you go through the version history of the map. Although if the GM allows a 5 foot step after the fact, that's fine with me.

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 1 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 18 | hp 13/16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +4, Perc +6, SensM +2 | Stunning Fist 1/1

We did have one round to use buffs and such before the start of battle, right? If so, I will take the potion of cure light wounds I have before we get outside. I'll roll the dice here, but I'll wait for your approval before I change my health total.

CLW potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Kalak frowns and draws her kamas as she moves through the tangle of tall grass towards the monster threatening Janira.

Double move.

Sovereign Court

Ri, the green squares are difficult terrain so you can't run through them. Have moved you 60ft further towards the river. You can keep the acrobatics roll the next round when you reach.
Natalia, regardless I will allow the 5-foot step after the fact, to make up for the inadequacies of pbp in coordinating actions across players. In fact, I was just going to ask if you wanted do that. :)
Grey, by my count, you only moved 65ft out of your 80ft movement. If you want, you can use the remaining 15ft.
Nerias, concealment roll is done by the attacker. In this case, you roll 1d100 and aim for more than 20. I'll do it in this case though. Also, you didn't take your move action, which I highly recommend you do. Right now you have a range increment penalty, so you would want to eventually get within 80ft of the minotaur. I'll allow you to ret-con your move action. Separately, your current position has some of your teammates or trees providing cover to the minotaur, so it gains a +4AC. And yes, ammo should be tracked. After combat, you recover half of those that missed while those that hit are destroyed.

Grey, Lucy, Kalak and Ri move towards the river at their full speeds, trying to close the distance as quickly as possible to save their mentor. Nerias fires his crossbow and with deadeye accuracy, from such a long distance, through the undergrowth, trees and allies, his bolt flies true and plunges into the minotaur's shoulder.
concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 65

The minotaur roars in fury and glares at the approaching party. However, he keeps his attention on his prey in front of him. He lowers his head and charges straight at Janira, piercing his right horn through her small body with a sickening sound. Janira barely manages a scream of pain before it is prematuredly cut-off. The minotaur shakes her limp body off and turns its attention now fully to you.
gore, charge: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 = 31 dmg: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 = 16

Janira lies unconscious on the ground, her breathing is weak and shallow as blood flows copiously from her wounds into the dirt. Although her oration has ended, they still linger in your hearts, inspiring you onwards for some time.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: inspire courage: +1 attack, +1 dmg, +1 save vs fear | light 40ft radius on Grey & Ri, 60ft radius on Natalia
~~~
minotaur (13, charged)
Kuukuruu
-------
Round 2:
~~~
Natalia
Janira (33, dying)
Kalak
Grey
Lucy
Ri
Nerias

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kitsune - Head Disciple of the Sunlight Sect, First of the Chosen - Level 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -2 CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1/6 | Active conditions: 1 Non-Lethal (Burn)

Seeing Janira fall to a single attack from the minotaur, her features grow cold as she burns away the undergrowth holding her back and reaches the edge of the river, summoning the flames from deep inside her.

A pair of bright orange flames erupt from the backs of her shoulders and begin to spiral down her arm as she punches hard into the air in front of her, sending one of the flames through the air in an arc towards the minotaur. "Burn for your transgressions against the Society!" she yells as she feels a bit of her own strength drain from her body.

Sun Scorching the Earth (Fire Kinetic Blast | PBS | Inspire): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 25
Fire Damage | PBS | Inspire: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4
Burn Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Burning Infusion: 1d6 Fire Damage per round to the enemy if hit.

Move - Move Action 25' (10' in difficult terrain).
Standard - Kinetic Blast
Free - Burn (Taking 1 Burn to activate Burning Infusion)

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

Gasping as Janira falls to her minotaur beast, Natalia moves as quickly as she can towards the river.

Double Move.

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 1 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 18 | hp 13/16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +4, Perc +6, SensM +2 | Stunning Fist 1/1

"Grey, you have that wand right? Help her! and be ready to help me." Kalak yells, overcome by guilt. She rushes towards the river and jumps.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

She keeps running toward the minotaur and tumbling at the last moment to avoid an attack.

acrobatics, tumble: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Too bad the last 5 feet of difficult terrain prevented me from charging.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6

"Lucy now!"

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"You will pay for that!" yells Grey as anger seems to seep through him. The hunter seems to instantly grow more menacing as a tightening of the muscles and new aura of strength envelop him.

Swift: Animal Focus - Bull +2 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed enhancement bonus to Strength

Grey continues his sprint with a new found strength fueled by his hatred of the Minotaur. When he reaches the river edge he leaps into the air and...

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (17) - 5 = 12

lands on the other side.

So would Grey be 40 or 45 feet from the Minotaur form his newly adjusted location? I can make an argument for both.

45 feet away:

Even with the anger and hatred coursing thru his body Grey knows he can not make it to the Minotaur with out exhausting himself. So he pulls up 15 feet from the creature and begins to cast a spell.

Lead Blades

40 feet away:

Grey continues forward seeing that the beast is with in striking distance of his weapon.
GS Attack, AF: Bull: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
GS Damage, AF: Bull: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 = 9


Swift - Animal Focus
Move - 40 or 30 feet accordingly
Standard - Attack or Casts Lead lades

Grand Lodge

Female Boar HP 13/13 | AC 18; Tch 12; FF 17| F +5; R +4; W +1 | CMB +1; CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +5

Lucy saw hairy cow-monkey impale Janira and before her monkey could get the words out of his mouth before she was sprinting towards the ugly thing.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Leaping the river and running tusk first into the soon to be gored cow-monkey.

Gore Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Gore Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Swift - Hunter Trick, Chameleon Step (Ex): The Ranger can move up to twice his speed as a move action.
Move - 50ft with Chameleon Step
Standard - Gore Attack

Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30

Retroactively moved from last turn. I think this just brings me at 80ft, but feel free to overrule:-)

When the bolt hits true, a cry of elation escapes from Nerias's lips. However, this quickly fades when he sees the minotaur overpowering their mentor. He quickly reloads and takes aim again. However, because of the darkness and the trees, this time his bolt completely misses the mark...

Attack, inspiration bonus: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 10
Damage, inspiration bonus: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli 12/12hp| AC19 T14 FF16| Fort +4* Ref +5* Will +2*| Init +3; Perception +6

Kuukuruu moves to take the high ground.

Sovereign Court

Sorry for the late post. Bad days at work.
Grey, you're 40ft away, so I'll take your attack. You would draw an AoO though. Also, I think you forgot to add +1 from inspire courage.

Ri reaches the river, and draining from her own constitution, sends a bolt of fire that smashes into the minotaur and setting him alight as well! While Natalia moves closer towards the river, Kalak who is ahead leaps magnificently across, tumbling across the ground as she nears the minotaur, who is too slow-witted to attack her as she draws near.

With a powerful rush, Grey leaps across the river, dashing straight towards the minotaur. This time, the minotaur is ready and swings his battleaxe at him, but Grey ducks just in time. Grey completes his charge but chopping his greatsword into the monster's side with a terrible force.
minotaur AoO battleaxe vs Grey: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Lucy the boar faithfully charges along her master and similarly jumps over the river despite her shorter legs. However, she slips just before reaching the minotaur and her tusks misses her target. Nerias similarly suffers similar bad luck with too many obstacles in his way, blocking his crossbow bolt. Kuukuruu heads to higher ground, getting ready to rain down arrows from above.

Meanwhile, Janira continues bleeding her live away...
Janira stabilisation: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
The minotaur quickly pats down the spots of fire on his fur, which quickly die down. However, the badly wounded monster clearly starts looking desperate with three enemies closing around him, and others further behind firing onto him. In a bid to drive the melee attackers away, he swings once at Grey, and chops at Lucy in his return stroke, while driving his horn at Kalak. Grey and Kalak manages to duck away in time, but Lucy had yet to get her proper footing and the battleaxe slams into her back!
battleaxe vs Grey: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
battleaxe vs Lucy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8
gore vs Kalak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 2: Status: inspire courage: +1 attack, +1 dmg, +1 save vs fear | light 40ft radius on Grey & Ri, 60ft radius on Natalia
~~~
minotaur (30, burning)
Kuukuruu
-------
Round 3:
~~~
Natalia
Janira (34, dying)
Kalak
Grey
Lucy (8)
Ri
Nerias

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kitsune - Head Disciple of the Sunlight Sect, First of the Chosen - Level 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -2 CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1/6 | Active conditions: 1 Non-Lethal (Burn)

Having time to focus, Ri pulls all of the heat from around her into her fists as thin rivulets of ice form on the surface of the river, only to be washed away. "Your life is forfeit and your soul will be sent to the Plane of Fire to burn away your impurities!" Ri calls out as her eyes turns blood red and the flames rush from her fist as she punches the air.

Sun Scorching the Earth (Fire Kinetic Blast | PBS): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Fire Damage | PBS: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
Burn Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Gather Power + Burning Infusion: 1d6 Fire Damage per round to the enemy.

I don't think the creature is still burning, so I don't get the benefit to the attack, but I'll keep piling it on!

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 1 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 18 | hp 13/16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +4, Perc +6, SensM +2 | Stunning Fist 1/1

Kalak looks at Janira again and clenches her teeth, but having no way to help, she decides to focus on the monster in front of her and slashes at it with both kamas.

flurry, cold iron kama: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
damage, cold iron kama: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

flurry, silver kama: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14
damage, silver kama: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli 12/12hp| AC19 T14 FF16| Fort +4* Ref +5* Will +2*| Init +3; Perception +6

Kuukuruu sights in and lets loose an arrow.

arrow: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 4 = 13
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

151 to 200 of 216 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM kuey's The Confirmation (#5-08) - PbP GD6 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.