Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Mir

Game Master HarbinNick

Pbp set in the world of Mir
1st level, 20 point buy, APG,UM,UC allowed, standard gold, 1 racial trait 1 campaign trait


351 to 400 of 443 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

"Finally something speaks up to one of us, lead on my lady." Garesh strides galantly with Xen.


Vuk falls in behind Xen and Garesh, a look of puzzlement on his face.


...The marshy spot is surrounded by dead trees, twisted into ghastly shapes. The water is black, and a strange green mist hovers over the water. There is a rancid smell like something has died...
...There is a faint, barely perceptible, movement below the surface of the water...something is down there.


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Xenarchy wrinkles her nose and stops, raising a hand in warning. "Hold. I see something in the water. It may be dangerous, so be ready to defend against it." She looks around and frowns. "Roh-Kai, you are the hardiest of us. Keep ahead of us and watch for hostiles. Vuk, we may be walking into an ambush; I want you to watch our surroundings, especially to the rear and sides. Garesh, stay with me and be ready to move to aid in whichever direction the attack comes from."

The sorceress waits a moment, thinking, and narrows her eyes at the priest. She gives him no directions and turns back to the task at hand, moving forward.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

You notice that Roh-Kai still hasn't entered the water or come any closer to the spot that Xenarchy indicated.
"Ill have no part of this. We shouldn't be messing with things we have no buisness with. Ghosts and visions and hauntings...I'll have no part of this.


I'm going to use a new system, in which I roll party initiative, and monster initiative. Then each player can post their action, and that way we won't have to wait until someone else does.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23party initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19Monster initiative
So I will describe what happens, and then people can post their response.
-The ripple in the water gives way with a sudden roar, as a head, shoulders, and entire body suddenly, leap, or even seem to grow out of the water. The creature has the head of a goat with evil red eyes, and long horns. His torso is that of an athletic male human, and in his arms he carries an enormous farmer's scythe, the blade of which is almost 6 feet long. His lower body is that of a goat. The creature stands 8 feet tall, and lets out a scream...before raising his scythe...


Knowledge check?


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

Help us, grant us aid, O Mother Marfya he prays...
Inspire courage: +1 to attack, damage, and save
3 rounds left


Nature DC 12 but it's a re-skin


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


It's some kind of twisted fey monster, with traits of spriggan and satyr mixed together. It's certainly going to be tough...but it lacks creativity. It will attack, kill, attack, kill, attack, kill. Likely has good will saves against enchantments. Very low AC.


Cursed poison still lingering in the system!

Vuk draws his greatsword and moves in to attack. "You are an abomination to nature and must die!"

Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage:2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14

Knowledge (Nature):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

The dark sorceress is not perturbed by the monstrosity. Startled, certainly, but something so horrifying should have greater effect. Her steady, displeased expression suggests she has weathered things far more frightening before.

"This is not what I saw in my vision."

Once Vuk is upon the creature, she follows, adjusting the glove of her right hand. Her motion is not that of a warrior, but nonetheless precise and measured in other ways. She moves like a spellcaster, intuitively somatic as she delivers a two-finger prod to the thing's side.

Laughing Touch (vs touch AC): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


--Vuk's greatsword bites into the large creature...It hurts, but Vuk stares in horror as he realizes the creature doesn't bleed much, its wounds close almost instantlyBut the sound of a cracking bone show it does feel pain...It roars in anger....
--As the strange woman touches it, it starts to laugh, a deep hearty chuckle...
Still need Garesh and Roh-Kai


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Garesh stands by Father Isaak, and begins a prayer to Ios and finishes by saying "That weapon is quite heavy, maybe you should drop it."

Garesh casts Command(drop weapon) Will save dc:14 on the creature.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Based on previous posts, how far am I from the creature?


Charge range, its large...
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
It just made its will save.
Waiting on roh-kai


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Were not sure on that Misfortune!


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Then I suppose I should save the father from himself.
Roh-Kai charges forward, awe drawn, attempting to put down the freakish monstrosity before him.
Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage roll:1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Edit:Roll to confirm:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Edit: Edit: total damage: 36


--The blow from the ranger wounded the beast, but the orc raced forward, drawing his axe. With a mighty blow, his blade passed across the creatures waist, slicing it in half. The creatures eyes went wide, a a second later its two bloody halves lay twitching on the ground...
Now THAT was a big hit
--Father Isaak stared at the orc...he stammered " I will never, never go against your advice again...
--As the creature's body began to disolve into black goo, the water in the marshy area became almost clear, and the foul smell vanishes.At the bottom of the water (it's shallow about 18 inches) you can see a sack, about the size of a human child, tied to a rock, to sink it under the water...


I'm not sure if it is clear but the entire creature dissolves into a puddle in seconds, you'd barely have time to react. It doesn't damage you or anything, just saying you'd have maybe a swift action before it's gone.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Roh-Kai jumps backwards when the creature dissolves, obviously freaked out by the result of his blow.
"Did someone say that thing would be coming back?"


"I'm not sure what just happened, but I'm glad that it's gone." Vuk crouches down at the edge of the water and tries to examine the sack beneath the water without touching it. "Does anyone know if it's safe to pull this out, our should we leave it alone?"


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

With a waft of one hand, Xenarchy cleans herself off, then crouches by the side of the water as it clears. She frowns and cannot help but shudder. "Pull it out. It's not dangerous, but I cannot say it will be a pleasant sight."


Vuk reaches into the water and pulls out the sack, untieing it from the rock lays it on the ground in front of him.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

He swirls his gloved finger around the black goo and does a prayer to see the magic that lies within it.

Casts Detect Magic
Knowledge(Arcana)-1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Knowledge(Relgion):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Garesh:
The black goo is nothing more than old blood. The creature just decomposed in front of you...

--Inside the sack is the skeletal remains of what look to be a small child...it is missing its skull.


Vuk leaps back at the site of the remains. "Who.. would do something like this!?" He glances at Garesh and the father, "Should.. we bury it.. or something?"


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

"I think we are meant to track down the head. And now that we have disturbed the corpse, the spirit may consider us responsible for doing so. However, without another one of the enchantress's visions, I doubt any of us would know where to look."


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Garesh takes the sack from the young child's remains with ease, taking it to the shore. "This ones luck has run out, now his luck will take him to a better place." He lays the sack down and says another prayer.

Casting Detect magic on it


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Xenarchy stands back from the grisly scene and crosses her arms. She remains silent for a time, just frowning and thinking. "If the head is required to finish laying this one to rest, I cannot say where we might find it." While Garesh casts a spell to examine any lingering magic on the corpse, she does the same but projects her magical senses out across the marsh in hopes another aura might be found there.

Xenarchy casts detect magic.


--The skeleton seems to be that of a fey creature. There are several broken bones, and other signs of torture. The head was pulled, rather than cut, off.
--There are no magical auras in the area. Where is the head?


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

Hmmm a headless ghost. How cliche...mutters Father Isaak. Still, I'd imagine the head is nearby, or else it could be an impossible task...wonder where to look...


"Well, we might as well start searching for it."

Vuk starts looks in the surrounding area for it a severed, non-crystal, skull.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Garesh yawns, "Hey Vuk, you might wanted to check for any tracks as well. This goat creature could have a pattern that leads us somewhere intresting.....Well?" Garesh flips a coin while waiting for the young man's conculsions from his search.


-The stump might be a good place to look...


Vuk heads back to the clearing with the stump. He searches carefully around the area.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


--The stump is hollow, and there is a hiding space. Do you wish to reach inside?
Smash the X button repeatedly or lose an arm like RE4.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Garesh mumbles a little prayer,(detect magic), then casts light on the coin he is flipping and tosses it in the hollow stump just to see if there are any other openings.

Detect magic before the coin tossing, Knowledge Arcana:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Perception check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


--There is a small white object half burried in leaf litter hidden inside the stump. Garesh sees no magic around...


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

"It appears we have found the creature's head

Roh-Kai cautiously looks into the stump to see if there are any non-magical threats
Perception check:1d20 ⇒ 13
If he doesn't see any, he will reach into the stump and attempt to retrieve the white thing.


It is indeed a small humanoid's skull, which fits easily into the Orc's hand. It would seem to be the skull of the creature based on size.


"So now what do we do with it?"

I hope none of those creatures come back again. And I sure hope this means we can rest soon.

Vuk looks back to one of the magically inclined people for some guidance.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

"Perhaps the creature simply wishes for a proper burial"


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

"The orc is right, that is why it haunts this land showing ones it thinks it can trust with the visions of its death. Come Father you are much more attune to matters of burial then I. In my home they raised the dead not buried it so my funeral prayers are lacking."


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

Since Fey are immortal, except for violent death, I have no idea what their burial rites are. Also they are usually atheist, so I'm not sure what to do with the remains? Burn? Burry? Eat?


Going to wing it here, but based on what I've heard so far...

Knowledge (Nature):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"I believe Roh-Kai may be right. Perhaps we should just give it a proper burial."


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Knowledge(Religion):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Garesh pounders and tries to think what his former cult used to do with the bones of the fey.


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Xenarchy subdues a satisfied smirk. "The fey have no care for the gods? Somehow, that seems entirely appropriate. Nevertheless, this restless spirit needs to be given peace. It may not matter what rite we use, so long as one is given with a modicum of respect. I suggest cremation. Let these bones be given to ash and smoke that they not dwell forever in this sodden earth.


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

--I for one agree with the 'witch' and say we burn the remains. Since fey are immortal for all practical purposes, they have no mention of proper treatment after death, as it's a rare tragedy.
--If nobody objects, Isaak will simply cremate the remains and offer a moment of silence...

351 to 400 of 443 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mir All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.