Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Mir

Game Master HarbinNick

Pbp set in the world of Mir
1st level, 20 point buy, APG,UM,UC allowed, standard gold, 1 racial trait 1 campaign trait


201 to 250 of 443 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

No, it's an entirely different script. That's why it requires a seperate skill to read.Modern Elvish uses an alphabet, while high elf was written in characters. If he read it out loud, you recognize some of the words. Father Isaak has the spell comprehend languages, which he'll burn as soon as the party reacts. Just wanted the party to try first.
--As you get closer to the stones, several details stick out. The first is that the colums are white marble, carved with floral designs. The second major detail is the level of the river has fallen and risen many times, as the water stains on the marble show. The third major detail is the pillars are covered in writing of some kind, only on the east side.

knowledge religion DC 15:
High Elves considered the east, and the sun rise holy. This would have been a religious building.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Knowledge(Religion):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Intresting how the elven language has changed since the dragon wars. I wish my handlers taught me high elf, but they were fools to begin with haha."


"I can start looking for a good place to hide the canoes while you start working on translating those scripts."

Knowledge Geography/Nature (same bonus):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

-Father Isaak sings hymn to Marfya, and his eyes glow suddenly. He stares at the carvings on the stones...

spellcraft DC 11:
Comprehend Languages

--Well, godod luck my fellows, I think we 're in the right place. The carvings read Theses stones were carved to remind us of the 2nd great battle between elf and dragon. The dragons were defeated, and fell against our might. Yet many of our kind were also killed in the battle. Let no elf forget them. The greatest hero was Verthelineal and so we built a great tomb in his honor. It is 1 days journey west, near the Hill of Fire, where he fell against the Red Dragon.
--Looks like we have to continue over land. And looks like we need to find a hill. Can't see a hill, too many trees.
I'm going to let you take a 20 on hiding the boats. It's a survival roll. I figure you'd really take your time and do this well...and as you are in no danger...


Are these trees sturdy enough to climb to the top of one?


Yes, certainly .The trees are pine trees, with few low branches. They rise to about 80'. Climb is DC 10, DC 5 if you use a rope.

knowledge nature DC 12:
This is not a virgin, or old growth forest. As little as 300 years ago the area was not forested at all. There are no massive trees, and there are no hardwoods. The underbrush is fairly sparse. Some of the trees have burn marks. Someone has been practicing forestry here. At least some of the trees have been planted in a pattern.

survival DC 10:
There are several game trails as well. The largest one seems to be running west. You can see several sets of deet tracks, and one set of bear tracks that look failry fresh.


Using a rope for support, Vuk climbs to the top of one of the near by trees. Can't fail climb with rope

Survival:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Kn Nature:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Vuk will climb down after scouting the area. "It looks like there's several game trails heading west. I know I saw some deer tracks and perhaps some bear tracks as well. If we follow those, we should be able to move quicker, however locals could be keeping an eye out on those trails."


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

"So to avoid hunting parties, should we take the bear trail? Or I can let Ios choose our path." He comments while holding up two darts and gives a grin.


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Xenarchy waits and listens as the priest translates. Once he has finsihed, she turns aside and looks out toward the tracks. "Do you believe you are sufficiently capable to deal with an unruly bear? If so, we might be able to follow its path. Hunters in the area will more likely avoid the bear and go after the deer. Do you wish to deal with people or predators?"


Vuk grins slightly at Xenarchy's question, "I can deal with predators much better than I can with people."


Roh Kai have an opinion on this?


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Not really. Right now Roh Kai is being the silent body guard. Since nothing is really going against his superstitions he's willing to just let the priest do what he wants.


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

--Well since we'd rather deals with bears, than those bearing arms, I say follow the woodsman's advice. Now we need to decide, to we want him to scout ahead of us? Or should we all stay togther?
--The gametrail runs west. The trail is about 3 feet wide, and you'd have to move along in single file. The surrounding forrest is light undergrowth, which means you can't run or charge. It would be easy to be ambushed along the trail, but you don't have any choices.

Vuk:
While you climbed the tree, far off in the distance, you see a hill, rising out of the forest. It is almost straight west of here, and looks to be about 2 days walk through the forest to get to...or about 8 miles.


"We should be able to follow this trail for a ways. I did see a large hill about two days journey. Perhaps that is what you are looking for. I could travel slightly ahead of everyone, but still within eyesight if you like."

about 30-40 feet in front of everyone


--Sounds good to me. I suggest we move on. Let's make the most of daylight.Father Isaak seems eager to get to the tomb.
--Vuk I need perception check

DM Die roll:
1d20 ⇒ 6


Perception DC 7:
Ahead, just off the trail, you can see and hear a pair of wild boar. They have not noticed you yet. They are about 15 feet into the undergrowth...making it difficult to get a clear shot.

-The party falls into line, letting Vuk scout the way. Roh Kai guards the back, then Father Isaak. Garesh and Xenarchy lead. Anybody can easily and silenty halt the party by holding up a hand.
-The woods hum with the sounds of summer insects, and birds. You don't hear anything unusual. The game trail is passable, but hardly easy. If it was to rain, it would be quite difficult to move along. At least the trees shelter you from the sun...


Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Perception vs animals:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Vuk holds up his hand to alert everyone to stop. Walking back to the group he whispers, "Pair of boars in the brush up ahead. We can either attempt to go around them and hope they aren't hungry or grab ourselves dinner for tonight."


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Garesh looks over to what Vuk is pointing out, "We should move around them, it's still early in the day and we don't need to be attracting attention to us so soon. Plus we don't need Roh to get tried from carrying around two boar carcasses all day." He gives the orc a friendly smile and looks towards the other groups responses.


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3

The sorceress quirks her lips and flexes a free hand. "Agreed. Now that we are aware of them, we can respond appropriately should they assail us but there's no need to expend ourselves on them."


Vuk nods in agreement, "Sounds like it's settled then. Let me clear a path around them."

Vuk will create a make shift path around the boars, giving them plenty of space. He'll clear just enough so that it's walkable and just far enough out of the boars territory.


It's going to be your stealth against the boars perception...But you are alert, so no chance of them surprising you.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Oh dear


Stealth:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Well failed that check!

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


And it's time for initiative checks
Father Isaak 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Boars1d20 ⇒ 5


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


You can make a knowledge nature check to know more about boar behavior...


[ooc]Knowledge Nature:[ooc]1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Boar Habits Knowledge Nature DC 11:
Boar almost always attack a foe, rather than retreat. They are vicious but stupid. Backing away slowly or running or bad ideas. Basic boar survival is to climb a tree. Boar are weak minded, and rather graceless. They are tough as nails, and will fight until dead.


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Initiative check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Garesh?


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Init:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Highest group of initiative rolls I have ever seen a party get.


We really wanted to go before the boars :)


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

As I keep telling you, luck is on our side.


Order is
Garesh
Vuk
Roh-Kai
Xenarchy
Father Isaak
Boars
map


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Garesh moves deeper into the woods with his sheild and dart drawn and lets loose one of his darts at the closes boar.

Moves to E11 then throws dart at B6
Dart throw:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Vuk draws hus greatsword as he moves in to dispatch both boars.

Move to C6 and use power attack and cleave.

Attack on B6:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage:2d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 6) + 11 = 20


Damn, doubt a 9 will hit. If it does, then I'll need to roll my cleave.


-all squares except the game trail are light undergrowth. rules posted below for ease of use.

from PRD enviroment:

Undergrowth: Vines, roots, and short bushes cover much of the ground in a forest. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and provides concealment. Undergrowth increases the DC of Acrobatics and Stealth checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way. Squares with undergrowth are often clustered together. Undergrowth and trees aren't mutually exclusive; it's common for a 5-foot square to have both a tree and undergrowth.

DM rolls:

roll for miss chance on thrown dart
1d100 ⇒ 43 under 20 misses.

-Vuk moves quickly, drawing his greatsword as he races to the boars. He is nervous, and swings the heavy weapon slowly through the air. The boars, startled, move aside, and focus all their attention on Vuk...
-Garesh, hurries down the trail, and throws one of his darts at the boar nearest him. It sticks into the beast's back, and it lets out an enraged squeal. It shows no sign of slowing down...
-Father Isaak mutters a prayer, and you all feel stronger and braver.
Blessgrants +1 to attack roles


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

Grant us your aid today, Mother, and save us from death at the hands of nature! As he says these words, his hands are covered in a glowing light...


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Move to D-12 while drawing my double axe.

i don't know if you can draw, move, and attack in the same turn without the QuickDraw feat, vuk.


If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move. Quick draw is handy for two weapon fighting, or characters who use multiple weapons in a fight.I think you may want to attack


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Xenarchy flexes her gloved hands, strolling casually along the path toward the others. She stops a short distance from the boars and watches them, holding the fingers of her right hand in the first somatic position of a spell.

Xenarchy moves to E9 and readies an action to cast colour spray (DC 15) on the boars if they enter the spell area. The spray won't reach Vuk.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

In that case I will draw my axe and move to E8 instead. (I'm not seeing how I would be able to attack this turn because I can't reach the boars even with a double move.)


Same here. Would need to take a double move to reach the same location. No attack, but no AC penalty.


Saves for boars
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
-The boars move forward, tusks dripping drool, their small evil eyes rolled back in their heads. As they get closer, a wave of color from Xenarchysurrounds them. One boar, the uninjured one, simply falls over on it's side. The other boar, maddened bythe pain of the dart, slams into Vuk, and tries to tear open his leg with its tusks.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
-Vuk feels the pig's mouth around his leg, but it fails to break through his tough clothing.
2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5Boar is out for 5 rounds.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Garesh moves forward drawing his longsword,

Move to spot E6 and draws sword.
Sorry about the late response, yesterday was a little crazy.


Vuk swings his greatsword at the boar that attempted to gnaw his leg off, cleaving over to the stunned one. If I hit

Also: new editable map that everyone can manipulate for when they move their character (or just Nick if we want to limit it.) Map!

Attack on active boar:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 152d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 5) + 11 = 22

Cleave to stunned if first attack hits:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 202d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 = 16

AC is currently 14 since I cleaved

201 to 250 of 443 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mir All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.