Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

"Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP

Game Master Kirth Gersen

Playtest for the "Kirthfinder" rules.


1,901 to 1,950 of 3,838 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

I will take the hit on the obsidian for the win!


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

"Nice shot Caspian!"


Male Goblin Druid 5

Yay!!

--
OOC--

Kirth Gersen wrote:
this fight will be, if I'm guessing correctly, the hardest one you've faced yet. Kaylissa, in case you haven't noticed, is one bad b$%@&.[/ooc]

Pfft.


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

Rrraaaaah!


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:
Pfft.

Kelgan's appearance has, directly or indirectly, saved at least two of your lives already.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Disarmed of her means of spells and channeling, prone, and surrounded by enemies, Kaylissa still seems pretty calm. "Well, boys," she says, looking around the cellar at some of the torture implements, "there are plenty of toys here. Why don't we amuse ourselves while we wait for the Duke's demise? It shouldn't be long now."


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5
Kirth Gersen wrote:
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:
Pfft.
Kelgan's appearance has, directly or indirectly, saved at least two of your lives already.

I'd be a pretty crappy medic if I wasn't saving lives.


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

Kelgan looks wildly alarmed by Kaylissa's words, although not terribly surprised by them
Looking around, he considers his options, then addresses you all.

"I really need your help right now. The Duke's life is in danger. Help me save him, and I'll count your debt to me settled. Someone needs to get some answers out if her. There's aplenty of options around this room, or I have some fireflasks in my satchel. Meanwhile, I will revive Wyvurn and bandage up the casualties. Well... get moving!"

Kelgan will leave Wolvie to guard, take a deep breath, and get ready to head for his field kit.

Current HP: 33->31->41/41


Male Goblin Druid 5

Uh, sure. What duke?

I'm pretty close to out of spells.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 5th (2nd level monk, 2nd level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Will Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Wyvurn continues to look frustrated while not being able to move a muscle.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr moves over threateningly picking up her weapon, "Look, tell us about the Duke and you may have a chance to walk out of here alive. Personally I'm skeptical you actually know anything, but I am willing to hear what you have to say."


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"Tie her up an strip her down. I ken keep her busy fer least an hour!"

"Once more for old times sake Kaylissa."

Once she is tied up securely...

Caspian gets busy....


Male Goblin Druid 5

Um, what are you doing, Caspian?


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"Your one tah be judgin relationships, Cricket."


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

Duke Kolvir is one of Queen Kacia's staunchest supporters. He champions freedom from oppression, unlike the Sergeant here. She's a canary -- those who enslave.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian -- She seems WAY too into what you're declaring you're doing, given the circumstances. She starts looking around the room at everyone else, too, which is not cool and in fact is really disturbing. You're starting to get the feeling she's not really all right in the head.

Wyvurn -- Caspian's antics seem to have struck some aberrant chord; Kaylissa cancels the hold person spell you were under, and you're suddenly thankful it wasn't a dominate person spell.

Jaegr -- Where you're from, what Caspian's looking to do is a capital crime. In a very solemn ceremony, the perps' heads are placed on an anvil-like altar and crushed with a giant hydraulically-operated piston hammer that leaves no chance of survival. This is done in great privacy, attended only by the chief justice, the hammer operator, and a witness chosen by lot, and no word is spoken during the affair.

Cricket -- When YOU start wondering what Capsian's doing, you know it's bad!

Kelgan -- You may want to get the halfling's mind back on business, as a suggestion, given the time pressure here.


Male Goblin Druid 5

Uh, who's Queen Kacia?


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:
Uh, who's Queen Kacia?

Kelgan has already been briefed; anyone else can attempt a Diplomacy and/or Knowledge (Lore) check to get different answers to that question.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 5th (2nd level monk, 2nd level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn suddenly speaks, his voice cracking a little as he's surprised it actually works, "Kill her and be done with it. She obviously has nothing useful to offer. I fear she has corrupted you, Caspian. For that I am sorry we did not find you sooner. Unless there is a particular reason we need to be concerned with this city, I think we should be going. I doubt we'll have much luck convincing anyone of our side of the story."


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr nods, "This is beyond acceptable. I agree kill her now or I'll do it. In my home beneath the earth this would be considered one of the worst crimes imaginable. I need to find my great grandfather's weapon, hopefully it is still at the hotel. It would be best for her to be dead if I do not find it. Lets just go and find the Duke."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"I told you she was a bit off. An she an I have had numerous consentual liasons while we were held captive. So I ain't speaking of that ...just talking about a little bondage. I was tied some of the other times."

"I will miss you though you are not completely sane, unfortunately."

Once she is well trussed up Caspian refuses to follow through with any actions....no matter how much she begs....

"Now you think about what you did wrong."


Male Goblin Druid 5

Yeah, that's what a real sadist would do!

Uh, killing helpless prisoners isn't really the Tuelvi way, guys. Maybe we could stash her in one of these boxes they had Caspian and Jaegr in?


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

"We could deliver her in on one of these boxes to the Duke himself, maybe he'd like that?"


Male Goblin Druid 5

Yeah, yeah! we should go there like we're making a delivery and then, boom!, we throw Kaylissa out of the box at his feet! Yeah, like something out of a mov--er, a story!


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

Caspian goes to retrieve the chunk of obsidian from the floor.....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

She only deserves to live if she tells me what I need to know. Otherwise, I'll execute her, the same as any other criminal.

Kelgan tends to the wounded: Jaegr, Wyvern, Cricket. He'd already helped Caspian as much as he could.

Heal- treat injury w/ kit
1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20
1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19
1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 = 22

Once the wounds are tended, he will approach Kaylissa. If she is still uncooperative, he'll give her one last chance. If she doesn't comply, he'll slit her throat and set the basement on fire.


Male Goblin Druid 5

Damn!


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Kaylissa smiles sweetly at Kelgan.

"My guess is that Duke Kolvin is right about now enjoying a drink of your friend Stump's extra-special liquor. He'll be unaware of the added ingredient, with the slight taste of angelica, which will slightly enhance his social magnetism for an hour or so. Sadly, it will also interfere with his ability to dodge out of the way of disasters."

"Then it's off to tour the rest of the shops around the Forge."
She giggles a bit. "Oops! Dukey goes boom-boom!"


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

F**k!

Kelgan throws his belongings together and heads towards the ramp.

Kaylissa you can live, in exile -- Northwind or Bailakash or somewhere. If I ever see you in Kaiserburg, or anywhere else in the Territories, you're dead. Jaegr, I understand you lost something vital at your hotel. Get it and meet me at Jarnell's Forge, near where your duel was fought.

Kelgan will head straight to the forge to find Burl -- and check on what they did with Gallo.


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

Kirth:
Remembering Lord Fenrift's instructions about loose ends, will double back and see if the others have killed her. If not, will go down and kill her myself. Makes Kelgan a liar, but he's been worse.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr nods at Kelgan that stops him quick, "Although I will stand by your decision about letting her go and live in exile, I would rather she never have another chance at treachery."

He then addresses his friends, "Caspian and Cricket head with the hill dwarf, Wyvurn with me back to the hotel where we stayed, I have a feeling I'm going to need to use my weapon yet today."

Jaegr takes off, not waiting for any responses.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Kelgan Cragbelly wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Kelgan,

Spoiler:
You have the feeling that Lord Fenrift is going to take quite a liking to you, when word gets back to him.

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

Pats self on back and heads out with the others


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

At the hotel, everything seems to be going on business-as-usual. Some random hotel lackeys see you walk in and quickly make themselves scarce; no one stops you one your way up to the room. Once there, you find the door closed and locked, but Jaegr's hammer, coupled with a stiff kick from Wyvirn, staves it in, allowing you into the room.

The place is littered with corpses, with flies buzzing around everywhere, and the stink is incredible. Your pick lies in the middle of the floor where it fell.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr puts away the hammer and grabs the pick, grateful that he hadn't lost his heirloom. I'm in enough trouble already without losing this as well

to Wyvurn, "Lets go, we need to get to the Forge as soon as we can."


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"Let me see if thers any clues."

States the noble halfling as he takes the coins and purses of the dead as well as freeing his net from the area of the far door.

"Ahhh net profits."


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian... I thought you were going with Kelgan and Cricket instead? If you went with Jaegr and Wyvurn that's OK, too, but let me know which one, because Kelgan and Cricket will reach the Forge well in advance of the others -- even taking Kelgan's lame 20-ft. movement speed into account.


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

Nearly out of spells and need my net....


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Gotcha. The hotel it is.

Kelgan, you're left with the small goblin and his wolf mount as company as you double-time march back to the Forge. You're gratified to see, along the way, any number of fires still lit, and at least one small Watch outpost appears to have become a burnt-out shell.


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

Ah, damn. I left my coal box back at the basement. Cricket, I'll catch up with you. Don't want the watch finding that.

If Cricket follows back:
You see Kelgan go back, shoot Kaylissa in the head with his heavy crossbow, and douse the basement with fuel. "Sorry Kaylissa, but Lord Fenrift said not to leave any loose ends," he says over her corpse before he tosses a burning rag on it.

Heading for the distillery once he's gotten the coal box. He grins at the charred remains.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 5th (2nd level monk, 2nd level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn goes along with Jaegr but is obviously uncomfortable.

"Jaegr, we are responsible for quite a bit of death in this city. What makes you think the Duke won't just lock us away himself?"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr arches his brow and replies, "Live on the surface is much different than the life below. I forget that from time to time. Where I come from we are always potentially moments away from extermination from ruthless races, death is always present. But without those fights the Dverge would be wiped out. I have a feeling the same applies here, and hopefully the Duke will see it. These Canaries would do anything, kill anyone to advance their cause and I have a feeling their plans include many deaths."

Jaegr walks silent for a moment, "I think Kaylissa showed us to what lengths they will go to, and I am not letting any of her 'friends' do that to anyone else. I will do what I do best, something my father could never see. I am going to fight on behalf of those who cannot until I no longer can."


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"Jaegr I saved yah from Kaylissa attentions, though I don't know that she was interested in Dwarves. One thing I know fer certain her brains are as scrambled as a pan o eggs over a fire."

"You did know I threatened tha tah get her to let herself get tied up without a fight?"

"I hope tha rest o them are less crazy than tha flop an her. If tha rest o them are tha crazy lets go an live with tha dwarves."


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Kelgan's "errand" doesn't take long, and while Jaegr is fetching his pick and discussing the fine points of race relations with Caspian (and the fine points of politics with Wyvurn), Kelgan and Cricket approach Jarnell's Forge. In the market area that stretches out from the Forge itself like spokes from a wheel, there are cops EVERYWHERE. Seemingly the entirety of the Kaisersburg City Watch is on patrol for the Duke's visit -- with the obvious exception of the ones you've left lying around the city, that is.


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

Kelgan makes a beeline for Burl's distillery, shouldering his way through if necessary. Keeping Cricket & Wolvie close in tow, he will use his insignia and patron to intimidate any watchman that tries to stop them.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 5th (2nd level monk, 2nd level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

"Death is not what I am worried about. I too know what it means to fight every day of my life. It's being locked away to rot that bothers me. I don't think I'll go quietly to a fate like that. Even the short time we spent jailed was too much."


Male Goblin Druid 5

Cricket whistles a jaunty tune while playing with Wolvie.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Kelgan -- A group of four city watchmen converge on you before you get there; they seem unimpressed with your creds, to the extent of attempting to grapple you. This of course provokes an attack of opportunity.

Grapple: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

If you make that AoO and drop the lead guy, the results are 13 and they fail; otherwise they're 23 and they got you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Druid 5

Cricket stops whistling.

He gives Wolvie a command to start slavering and growling. Then he shouts

Ohmygod! It's the Bath House Bandit!

He then jumps atop Wolvie, hopefully, maybe, distracting the watchmen, and making a ruckus, laughing maniacally.

Hee hee! Hee hee! Hee hee! Hee hee!

1,901 to 1,950 of 3,838 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.