Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Egoish

Five brave souls attempt to tame the wilderness and forge a kingdom.


501 to 550 of 2,101 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Very well... will stay put


Seeing Egan and Sparky walk into the clearing the kobold leader looks interested, "Dog will trade, two dog for basket. Where rest of softscales, always come with four."


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan looks a little concerned. No! Dog not for trade. Dog is strong fighter. he says firmly. We have dried meat. It is better. It does not fight back. Egan then slowly pulls what jerky he has in his pack out showing it to the kobolds. He will offer a taste to the speaker, tossing it underhanded to him in the most unthreatening way he can throw it.


The kobold leader sniffs at the dried meat you hold out, "Gah! Not fresh, two dog one basket. That dog or other dog, not matter."

If you can get the kobolds to wait while Silva hunts for a day you should have enough game to trade.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

This meat is better. It does not spoil.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Any way we can move things a little faster. Pace is killing me.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej stays hidden, being careful not to startle the Kobolds leaving the glade.

This could be messy - if they insist on that dog I think it will come to blood.


"We no want dried meat softscale!" The kobold exclaims with a dramatic wave of his arms. "Father laugh at me if i bring that back, must be fresh or no basket."


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Erastil guide my search.

Silva searches the nearby area for some sort of tracks.


With such a survival roll you will easily find some elk tracks, less than half a day old. Given a few hours to chase them down you could easily bag one or two to trade.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva spends most of the day hunting and then returns with a large doe slung over his horse's saddle.

A beast fit for a king little ones!

There may be some RPing that needs to go on, but here is my action when it is time.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan nods his head and puts away the dried meat. You are a wise leader then. And will make your father proud with the meat we will bring you. You must come from a strong tribe. What is your tribe's name?


"Father is Big Black Kobold, Chief Sootscale! We are Sootscale tribe. We live here forever."


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan nods, agreeing with the kobold. Since you been here so long, maybe you can tell us about the land. We do not want to go anywhere you do not want us. You help us understand the land better and we can give gift. He starts sketching the area with a stick in the dirt, making crude map. We are hear, and over here is the human trading post. He will then get a few items out of his pack and lay them on the ground.

Clay mug
2 Fish hooks
Sewing Needle
Signal Whistle
50ft String
50ft Thread

He offers the stick to the kobold and says Draw more of the lands you know, and then pick a gift.


The kobold tips his head in a curious look, drawing in the dirt he says. "Big tree here, many small faeries with much shiny. Mean faeries."

He reaches for the whistle...

I'll update the map when i get in.


On his way back from hunting Anza discretely joins Silva, helping him with the elk he has brought down with his bow.

Overjoyed with the size of the beast the kobolds happily trade a basket of radishes for the elk then begin to argue in their own language, presumably over who is carrying the beast back to their tribe.

As they depart struggling with their loads the kobold blows his whsitle, "Good trade softscales, you want trade more look for Mikmek."


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

After the creatures drag off the Elk, Andrej steps from the bushes.

That was well done. Normally I'd have fought such a band or retreated and tried to track them.

He thinks for a minute and then sheaths his sword.

Those things can be more than a nuisance so it is good that we don't have to worry about them short term.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

They have a tribe near by. We do not want to risk having to deal with all of them and the bandits at the same time. Besides they have helped us with our mapping, and maybe saved us days of trekking. Egan indicates the crudely drawn map in the dirt.And we are invited to trade with them in the future. Never a bad thing.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

What do you make of the big tree that they pointed out with the faeries. Egan, this may be what you have been looking for?


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Yes, but Mikmek was clear that these faeries are mean. I would had to expose the rest of you to risks for potentially no reason. I say we make that location and avoid it for now.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Agreed, says Andrej with a nod.

Given we have what we set out for and it may spoil, do we head back now?


Anza "We are less than a days hard ride from the trading post, we could probably make it back just after dark. If we set off tomorrow morning i could have us back here at midday, i have also completed mapping this area so we can use the time to plan where to move on."

However do not forget that it has already been two days since you killed the bandits at the trading post, giving the camp more time to realise its friends are missing could work against you.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Thank you DM Ego. I had forgotten about that!

I think it is best we push on to the bandit camp before they realize their companions have not returned.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan is good with hitting the camp, but OOC I thought we had decided to to explore and adventure long enough to level up before tangling with them. If we wait long enough they will once again relax their guard. Of course the could try to hit the trading post again,,,


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

this stuff doesnt spoil? no worries... otherwise lets get it back


Anza "So, onwards to the bandits or back to the trading post? Or do you have something else in mind?"

Root vegetables won't spoil in a couple of days. You might lose a few on the journey due to bumping around in the basket but they will last for a while.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Not back to the post just yet. I say directly West.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Very good - lets move out

Andrej goes back to his position in the group.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva mounts up and follows the group.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Directly west keeps us close to both where we think the bandits are and the trading post. :)


Anza leads you west as requested deeper into the woodland, as you move you find the forest becomes a brighter and more friendly place. Small animals are spotted more often and the plants and trees are greener.

You have a fine first day and cover a lot of ground with Anza thinking she has mapped almost half the region in less than 12 hours, however when you make camp for the night things start going wrong.

As Egan is lighting the fire to cook dinner the wood flares up in his eyes, scorching what remains of his eyebrows and blinding him for a few minutes.

Egan:
The wood wasn't wet or of any special type and should not have flared up like that, as a professional fire user its somewhat embarrassing.

The normally sound woodsman Silva ends up tying the horses to a tree covered with poison ivy and getting an itchy rash.

Silva:
When you went to try the horses up you would have noticed the most common type of poison ivy on the tree. An affront to your skills as a woodsman that you missed it.

Andrej watching stoicly while this all happens seems to escape unscathed until the ants who's nest he has sat on begin to swarm around him.

Andrej:
When you sat down you would have sworn that it was a stump rather than an earthen ant mound. Even your normal stoicism is broken by ants crawling all over your body under your armour.

Anza watches the proceedings with some barely hidden amusement, busying herself with tasks around the camp.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Damnit all!, exclaims Andrej, slapping at under his padding under his chain shirt and also at his pants.

Damned if we aren't the sorriest lot of woodsmen - I'd have laughed if I had seen a similar camp and then called them 'Tenderfeet' to a man.

Giving up on his padded shirt, and heedless of his audience, he pulls at his breeches draw strings, swearing, and starts to grope within his pants.

Gaaaaah!

Armour can cover multiple locations and if its a choice of being bit on the armpit or something more 'valuable' the focus will shift... besides, a bit of comic relief can't hurt.


Azna Through sounds of choked laughter Anza suggests to Andrej, "Take a dip in the stream, fire ants tend not to like water."

[ooc]The situation is punishment enough, they won't deal actual damage. But you might have some awkward bruises for a few days.[/ooc[


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

I must have gotten in some poison ivy. Weird...I usually can spot it.

Silva searches for a natural remedy to cure the poison or at least decrease the itching.

Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan laughs at himself when the fire flairs up in his face. And after observing the other mishaps he comments out loud in common and then even louder in Sylvan. It is likely that we are visited by my cousins. I suspect the fey are here with us.

Egan searches through his rations and prepares a small mean of his choicest foods and leaves it on a rock or stump off to one side of the camp. For you, my little friends. he comments in a light and friendly manner, wearing his most diplomatic smile the entire time.


Scouting around near the camp Silva will find a plant which he recognises which will have a soothing effect on the poison ivy rash.

Silva:
As you pick at the leaves you realise you have once against made some kind of mistake and began picking nettles.

Egan, make a diplomacy check.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


After watching Egan's offering for several minutes nothing happens and the normal activity of arranging camp for the night resumes.

Silva and Andrej pitch the tents while Egan boils some dried meat with some vegetables that Anza has picked up on the ride, everyone has an uncomfortable meal feeling as though they are being watched.

Later in the night when Silva gets up to take over guard duty from Andrej even stranger things have happened...

[spoiler=Silva]Upon waking to take over watch you find Andrej sat sleeping on a fallen log, walking over to wake him his face has been painted to resemble a clown.[spoiler]

[spoiler=Andrej]You start from sleep as Silva walks over to you to take over your watch, you don't remember feeling sleepy during your watch, and as Silva comes across the fire you can see his face as been done up to resemble a painted lady.[/ooc]


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Sorry Silva... I appreciate the effort but not interested.


I totally cocked up my spoiler tags but thats what you get for posting in a 5 min gap between working, lol btw andrej.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Hey I'm not the one who looks like a clown! I don't think I like Egan's cousins.

Grand Lodge

Andrej seems confused for a bit.

Whats that got to do with you calling me a clown?.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Hearing a ruckus Egan wakes and begins to get up. Suddenly he calls out in alarm. Hey! Something is wrong here. It has me! Help!.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva pulls out his bow and runs over to Egan.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej takes up his sword and looks into the darkness for danger... leaving Silva to help Egan.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan thrusts and rolls but is unable to escape from the creature engulfing him. He seems to be putting up quite a fight, but is unable to break its grapple.


Silva runs over to the sound of Egan's voice, worried that he has been dragged of by some denizen on the forest while Andrej slept on guard duty. Arriving at Egans tent and looking inside he is greated with a squirming bedroll, after taking a closer look to top end has been neatly stitched shut.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Your cousins have sewn up your sleeping bag Egan. Hold on. I'll help you out.

Silva works to open the sleeping bag.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

What? Well, he he, that is a little funny, now isn't it. Good one on me. Egan laughs at himself and calms down letting Silva cut him out. Try not to damage the bag.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

I don't find it funny in the least, Andrej says sour faced and dour.

Its all fun and games until a bear wanders into our camp site and starts tearing us up.


After breakng camp and preparing to set off you each swing up onto the back of your mounts. Sparky, ever the obedient mount stands perfectly still as Egan settles in to the saddle which slowly slides from Sparkys back, the straps normally tight under Sparky's somach loosened. While concealing their enjoyment of Egans misfortune everyone notices their straps are also loose.

The rest of the morning passes uneventfully as you slowly trail Anza around marking the streams and trails on your map before you come across a fallen tree blocking your path.

Silva perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Andrej perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Egwn perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Silva at the side of the tree there are several rocks and twigs arranged to form some kind of symbols, but they are not in a language you can understand.

Sylvan:
Stop, troll ahead.

501 to 550 of 2,101 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ego's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.