Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Kingmaker (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Bold and just adventurers exploring and settling the Stolen Lands.
Now at the beginning of vol. 4 - Blood for Blood


3,601 to 3,650 of 5,869 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>

"Ember, you have a keen sense of smell and the amazing power of flight. Could we impose on you to check out the bridge?"


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Ember hops into the air, confused as to why anyone is hesitating to cross the bridge. He looks like he would surge forward, but restrains himself due to his limited range.

Servayn moves his horse forward, to give Ember additional 'reach,' and turns to comment, "It's just a bridge, right? Why are we not crossing it?"

Ember Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Servayn Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"Looks safe," Ember growls from above.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

You cross the bridge, surrounded by eery silence. To your left, the air above the mountains switches hues softly, as the sun, now hidden behind them, touches the horizon.

Secret Rolls:
1d100 ⇒ 28
1d100 ⇒ 95


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"Alright, let's go." Kriger then heads across, keeping an eye out.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp
Kriger Eilifsson wrote:
Watch
Davor Mason wrote:
Davor seems to be in deep thought as he goes on watch. Something about the report of this vanishing seems to have gotten him thinking.

"Somethin' on your mind, Davor?" He asks the half-orc who appears to be lost in thought.

At the bridge
As they come upon the bridge, Kriger looks around for any sign of trouble. "It's mighty quiet around here. Too quiet."

Perception: 1d20 + 19

"Those trolls with that statue. I still don't know what it is." he pauses and looks back to Kriger. "It looks like some kind of nature spirit, but certainly not a deity. I don't understand..."


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"Did you ask Janks? He might know something about it." Kriger thinks on Davor's description of the statue. "Nature spirit you say? I could take a look at it. I know a bit about nature. Not sure if that'll help or not, but, what have you got to lose, right?" He grins as he examines the statue.

Knowledge: (Nature) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

I have no idea if you actually have the statue with you or not, but I'll roll for it anyway. I'm also not sure if this Know check even works but might as well try.

Edit: Of course it's a 20. I wouldn't expect anything less with such a non-detrimental situation.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Kriger:
From what you can tell, it could very well be a worshiping tool for one of the powerful fairies living on the other side of the thin veil between here and the First World.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"Stories have it, this statue here is worshiped by powerful fey who exist between this world and what is known as the First World." He shrugs. "That's the best I can remember from what I've heard, anyway. Not sure how much that helps."


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Kriger:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant that the statue could as well represent a powerful fey. Not that they powerful fey would worship the statue.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Attempted Retcon :)

Kriger thinks a moment as his recollection seems a bit off. "It's either that or the statue actually IS a depiction of such a fey creature. Come to think of it, that would make more sense. Hope that helps, buddy." He slaps him on the arm.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

"Trolls worshipping a fey? I think your first theory was more believable. Trolls seem more the sort to dismember and devour fey for the thrill of it..." Servayn quips.


"Unless this fey promised them more bloodshed. And for the relationship to be sustained as long as it was, the fey would have to have delivered on the promise."


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp

"I do not know, still have the statue here." he reveals the statue he took from the trolls lair. "If you can find any relgion that this represents, be my guess to counter my theory."


"Well, hopefully te cult was limited to those trolls. It makes me more eager though to find out what happened to our neighboring barony and get back home. The longer we are away, the more I fear for the safety of our people."


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The next morning, you make your way along the road, following the meanders of the Kiravoy River.

At the end of the day, you reach the first farms on the outskirts of the village.


"Are these the outlying farms, Kriger?"

Kalsgrim looks for signs that the far has been abandoned. Have the fields grown wild? Smoke from chimneys? Significant state of disrepair?


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp

Davor looks to the farms with interest but says nothing as he looks on.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Ember itches to explore, but is frustrated again by the 'leash' preventing him from gallivating about. A head-shake from Servayn puts him in a sulk as he silently urges to be unfettered.

Servayn also keeps an eye out, for signs of the local farmers, and if they are missing, signs that they left of their own volition, or were seized by force.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"I believe so, Kals. But there's only one way to find out for sure." Kriger says as he moves to investigate.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

This small cottages, of wooden walls, is fairly well kept and modestly furnished with simple accoutrements. Two couples lived here it seems, with no children. Everything looks fairly new, but the home shows signs of having been derelict for several weeks. A pot lay on the counter, with now rotten vegetables half cut, some laying in the pot.

It appears as though things have been abandoned in the midst of normal activities.


"So they left in a hurry, it would seem. But where did they go? I don't see dried blood, so I doubt they were attacked here. Either they were taken from here forcibly or of their own accord. And it doesn't look like they'd gone north, or the guards back there would have seen them. So, further south? Deeper into the wilderness maybe?"

"Before we go, let's check this cottage very careful. Any clue could help. A dropped coin, a bit of a broken animal's claw, anything that might help us determine where they went, or who caused them to leave."

I'm thinking we all take 20 to search.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

"Sounds like a plan," Servayn says agreeably, as he and Ember search around the place, and the grounds outside, for signs of what happened here.

Take 20 for Servayn is 28, Take 20 for Ember is 27. Servayn also has Survival +5, and Ember has Survival +7, if that matters for spotting tracks.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Kriger raises and eyebrow as he ponders Kalsgrim's theory. "Agreed." He responds as he takes a look around himself.

Taking 20 on Perception is 39. Survival is 37.


AC 24 (25) HP 30/30 AP 8/8

Janku stays outside to keep watch, and prays silently, planting a few roses from his pouch around the area.


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp

creepy, like the mary celeste.

Davor looks over this place with a disturbed look as there appears to have been no obvious form of violent. He'll check the bedrooms to see if clothing was packed.
"This doesn't look like a hurry. People knock over or break things in a hurry." Davor focuses on seeing if any momentos around the house seem missing or mis-placed.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

From what you can gather, it seems as though people simply left, leaving things where they laid...

But a closer inspection shows that someone else went through the place afterwards. A small and nimble creature, guessing from the few traces it left...

Janku, from where he stands, can see the road continuing.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Kriger just shakes his head. "Davor's right. This was no hurry these people left in... they just left. I suggest that's what we do too. There's nothing here. Time to go." With that, Kriger exits the home and makes his way back to the road.


Kalsgrim nods in agreement, sincerely impressed at the keen observations of his peers.

"It may not solve anything, but it shows there is a mystery here that we must decipher. Perhaps it is not too late to restore the proper life to this home. Let's go."

When everyone is mounted back up, he'll add to all of them "We must be truly cautious going forward. Whatever... affected the settlers here, we are inside its area of influence now. If you notice anything else out of the ordinary, no matter how small, let the rest of us know. "


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

You make your way further along the road, following the Kiravoy River. After a low hill, the village unfolds before you. Most buildings looks like humble farms, built of wood planks. A few buildings are bigger and of better construction: their base being of cemented stone, over which wood planks form walls. Of clear note, a place looking like a church, and another looking like a inn. You also note that a few buildings lay on the other side of the river.

Please roll perception, knowledge (local) and (religion)


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Knowledge - local 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Knowledge - religion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Ember does not help. Helping is for 'the help,' and he is most definitely not 'the help.'


Perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Knowledge religion 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


AC 24 (25) HP 30/30 AP 8/8

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Perception

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Knowledge Religion


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

I like Ember. Ember makes me laugh. :)


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

All seems quiet. Behind the church and the inn, you a few other buildings of note, but hard to identify from a distance. Behind them, on a low hill, stands a fort.

Janku and Kalsgrim:
The church seems to be dedicated to Erastil.

Kriger:
Some of the buildings show sign of violence. The signs are quite subtle, indicating burglary more than warfare.


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"This place is too quiet. And if you notice, some of these buildings have been broken in to. I'm thinkin' it's time to see what lies within that fort." Kriger then nudges his horse in that direction as he remains wary of their surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Servayn squints towards the buildings that Kriger has pointed out, "Uh, yeah, I did notice that." he says, fairly obviously having *not* noticed anything. As they move towards the fort, "Any sign of tracks, indicating if anything came through here and dragged the people away?"


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"Good idea. Let's see." Kriger dismounts and checks for any sign of anything.

Survival: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Kriger, you see sign of recent passage, both from small and large humanoids. Somehow, the fort seems like the nexus of them.

As you proceed towards the fort, you enter the town's grounds. Other buildings are now visible. Most are farms, but here and there you see signs of fledgling industry.


Kalsgrim nods in agreement. He'll follow a little behind the others, bow ready and making sure no one lags behind.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

As he observes the ground closely, Kriger looks up toward the fort. "Well, we got folks coming to and from the fort. Or humanoids of some kind, I should say. Be wary. Some of these prints here are a bit large." Hopping back on his horse, "Alright fellas, let's see what this fort has in store for us." He says as he starts back again toward it.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Servayn conjures mystical mail to enhance Ember's own thick scales.

mage armor on Ember. AC 25 for the next six hours.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

How close do you get?


AC 24 (25) HP 30/30 AP 8/8

Janku says a quick prayer to Melani, then waits for the more observant of his party to lead the way.


"Any signs of movement there, Kriger?"

Any signs of obvious activity? Smoke from chimneys, etc.?

We probably will get within a few hundred yards before we stop and tie off the horses, someplace out of line of sight from the fort. Unless getting that close already puts us out in the open from the perspective of the fort.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The fort has a commanding view of its surroundings. It's not so simple to approach it without being seen.

No sign of life from the distance.


"So, do we approach boldly, or do we look for a means to be discreet until we see what is happening? Or something else...

"Kriger, in your opinion, are some of the tracks fresh, perhaps as recent as today? I'm wondering if there are patrols of a sort being sent out from the fort. If that is the case, then perhaps we can hide and watch to see who, or what, is residing there."


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"Probably go with discreet. I tell you I have a bad feeling about this. This is far too reminding of the whole Stag Lord battle. I can promise you I won't be bluffing my way through this one!" He declares as he pats his axe and winks.

"I'll give it another look and see if I can figure somethin' out." He responds as he moves to re-examines the tracks.

Survival: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30 To determine how old tracks are, if possible.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The tracks are some days old. Nothing fresh.

3,601 to 3,650 of 5,869 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SdF's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.