Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


1 to 50 of 4,787 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Creeping ivy and full window boxes cover the façade of the rugged-looking, two-story shop bearing the faded sign “Roots and Remedies.” A line of twenty or more townsfolk serpentines down the steps and to the left, but grows slowly shorter as the day grows long. Soon, just the party from The Sitting Duck remains.

"Please, you will have to come back...." Laurel, a small dark woman breaks off whatever she was in the middle of saying as she takes in the rather healthy looking individuals in front of her. Finally, her eyes land on Simon, managing to look both happy and sad at the same time.

"Simon! Please, tell me you are well? " The lines of worry that crease her brow deepen, for without a supplier, her meager well of medicinals would soon run very dry.

Laurel presses her palm to his forehead, cheeks and throat in turn. She does not look reassured. "Oh but you're burning up! This can't be good, not at all."


Dorial steps forward behind Simon, "Miss Laurel, do you mind if I check him over as well? I have some knowledge of the healing arts as well."

He seemed fine earlier. I wonder how I could have missed it.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

A concerned Kast rests on his longspear, hoping that Simons's illness is not severe.

For such a happy, nice town, this illness is a downer. Judging by all the sick people here, I'm not sure this healer is that good.

"If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I would repay Simon's kindness to me a hundredfold."


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe fingers the gold coin Simon gave him earlier.

Well if he's got it maybe he's spreading it. Best thing for all concerned to cure this plague and cure it quickly. But what can I do?

Othoe looks on as Laurel and Dorial check Simon over thoroughly. He resists the urge to step back...


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon smiles warmly and holds the hands of Laurel.

"Don't fret for me, dear Laurel, my heat isn't that of fever, I've burned hot like this since I was a wee lad, though it's not something I share very often", he says with a sheepish glance to his new companions. "But trust that I'm well." Simon squeezes her hands reassuringly, sad to have caused concern in Miss Laurel.

"We're here for a quite a different reason, you do so much to help those in need, we want to return the kindness you provide this whole community and do what we can to help you in your efforts. This plague must be stopped and we propose to be the ones that halt it's advance."

Looking about the street, Simon decides that a private setting would be more appropriate for the upcoming conversation.

"We'd like to share what we know with you, and see if you can add to our knowledge of this afflcition, can we maybe share a kettle of tea as we compare our notes?"


“Oh thank the gods!” she whispers, leaning in a little in relief. Her eyes take in Simon’s friends in turn, making special notice of those that offer their help heal Simon. “Thank you, all of you, I won't forget your offers to help.” but she blanches beneath her earthy skin when they mention curing the plague itself.

“Please, come in, all of you, ” she whispers, moving aside to allow them all to enter her shop before closing the door behind them.
The entry way is tidy, neat, with benches lining the walls. Two doors lead off the back wall, and a small stairway is tucked in one corner. Pulling back a curtain of coarse canvas, she invites them all further back into the kitchen area and puts the kettle on for tea.

“Now if you would, share with me what you know, and I’ll tell you why it might prove harder than you think.”


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon moves with the others, staying close to Simon as they begin talking to Miss Laurel. Upon the declaration of illness, he looks in shock at his friend before making way before the press of helping hands.

Erastil has not yet blessed me with the knowledge of healing. At best I would be in the way.

With Simon's delaractino of health the relief is obvious on Nimeon's face.

"I don't remember you being that hot headed when we were lads, but then I didn't spend as much time stroking your head as sweet Suzi."

Nimeon winks at this last statement before following the others inside.

"We are all here to help Miss Laurel, I myself have found very little about this plague but then I am newly arrived last night."

With that he waits to see what the others reveal.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast enters the shop, hopeful that he was among those invited inside.

See? Everyone here is *so* friendly.

"Thank you Laurel, I will do what I can to help." Kast says as he limps through the doors. He will hold the door open for any those who are behind him, though he doesn't know everyone yet.

Kast greets Nimeon as he enters. "Nimeon."

As others enter, he will introduce himself with a Lastwall fist bump (extending his fist out for a reciprocated gesture/bump).

"Forest Lady."

"Gnome."

"Uhm, guy." Kast offers the last bump to Chrystosm.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon takes a few minutes to help Laurel prepare the tea, putting together a blend of peppermint leaves and lemongrass while the rest of the party takes seats around the small table. Once they're all cramped in with cups of hot tea in their hands, the serious discussion starts.

"Our fear is that diseased animals are being introduced into the food chain. Were that all, it may be something that could be addressed with public awareness, but our concerns are deeper than that." Simon scrunches up his mouth, disturbed by the information that follows. "It may be something much more sinister, it may be that those animals are of the human variety. Diseased people being fed back to the workers in the logging camp, infecting them before they too succumb to the affliction and then become food themselves."

The very thought pains Simon and he blinks away tears at horrible suffering that such awful schemes would entail.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Before entering the tent, Chrystosm shrugs.

I suppose they mean me, too... Ah well. I can smell something tasty, so at least there's a chance of filling my belly

His stomach rumbles involuntarily as he enters, and he grins at the other individuals seated at the table, as if to apologise.

Chrystosm returns Kast's fist bump, narrowly stopping himself from reciprocating with a Hellknight's elbow grip. He looks confused for a moment, half-salutes, then says "Armiger Halmyris, 004059... Oh damn. Sorry. Chrystosm, at your service. I'm a newcomer here - I know nothing beyond the rumours I've heard, but I'm willing to do whatever's in my power to assist you"

As long as there's coin. *Plenty* of coin

He raises a hand in greeting to Othoe, then sits down


Dorial smiles at Kast as she walks inside the building.

Sense motive for fist bump:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Such an odd man he is. Dorial returns the fist bump to Kast.

She hangs her head low as she enters, overhearing Simon's statement. "I've only been here since last night, but I would like to see what is done with the sickly livestock. Also, I would like to know how many people survive that come here for treatment. I would like to examine them as well."


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe walks in the tent with Dorial, waiving to Chrystosm and nodding to the others.

I wish I had something more to add. I feel rather useless with this large group.

Not having anything to add to the conversation, Othoe stands quietly sipping his tea and listening.

People being fed to people for food? Forced cannibalism? I'm sure there are worse things you can do to someone, but feeding plague bearing food to healthy individuals is rather rude!

Clearly someone doesn't care about the long term health of the community. Othoe says dryly.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon's face takes on a disgusted look as Simon describes what is going on.

"How did you learn this Simon? If it's true the people responsible must be stopped!"


Dorial turns to Nimeon, a look of dread upon her face.

"I had also heard something similar, but I was waiting to investigate more before confirming."


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

All this on an empty stomach...

Chrystosm looks slightly green, but rallies.

"Someone just trying to make a quick copper without caring who gets hurt?" He asks, quickly adding

"Very wrong, that sort of thing. Dreadful. Ahem. D'you know your local butcher well?"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast whistles in as Simon speaks about what might be causing his and the town's ill health.

Did I eat the stew last night? Was there meat in that?

Kast begs interruption of Simon.

"Simon, are you saying the stew that I bought last night might have been diseased?" Kast puts his hand on this stomach, feeling queasy.

I just wanted a nice meal.

Kast looks at the Forest Lady (still don't know her name) and hopes that she can cure whatever the disease is.


Simon Shrewsbury wrote:

"It may be something much more sinister, it may be that those animals are of the human variety. Diseased people being fed back to the workers in the logging camp, infecting them before they too succumb to the affliction and then become food themselves."

"What? Oh no, Simon! Surely even Kreed wouldn't stoop to such a level. For what purpose? I can hardly believe such a thing." Horror and disbelief war on her visage, one work-worn hand trembling at her mouth.

Finally, forcing herself to breathe slowly again, Laurel summons the logical part of herself from the emotional villager, and asks the next logical question, "Where did you hear such a vile thing? What makes you think this? Please, before you panic the people, are you absolutely certain?"

She looks at each in turn as she asks, "What evidence do you have that we can take before Magistrate Harg?"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast looks at Laurel.

"Is there something I can do to help? I don't have any evidence yet, but I'll go out and find it. I mean, if people are suffering for the actions of others, I'll glady see what I can do."

Kast leans on the haft of his longspear.

"I am well schooled. I know things."

Yeah, you know stuff, but it's not where your heart lies.

"I can fight if need be."

LIAR! You failed to show you could fight.
I can *too* fight!

Kast face shows grim determination.

"What should we do? Go check out the local cemetery or something?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Well, we could check the cemetery, or we could check the butchers. The latter might get us more of what we need more quickly if we're diplomatic about it."

"Might be tough though - I mean what do you ask that won't come across as offensive? After all, who are we to do this sort of investigation? Isn't there some sort of authority who's better placed to ask those sorts of questions?"

...or are they not to be trusted?

"Kast, perhaps you're right, perhaps the best start is with the cemetery. No one will complain if we poke around there."

This Kast is a smart fellow.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm shifts his position for a moment, looks surprised, then reaches into his trouser pocket and pulls out a handful of coins with a look of intense delight on his face. "Ha!!"

Then, realising that such behaviour isn't really appropriate given the circumstances, he sobers up.

"Let me get my gear out of pawn and have a bite to eat and I'll be right with you. Think I'll stick to bread and cheese, though"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

GM AngryAnkheg, what time of day is it?

Kast's eyes shift from Chrystom's face to the handful of coins he flashes.

He's got money. Must be well-to-do.

Kast reaches out to introduce himself to the healer lady, extending his fist for a Lastwall fistbump.

"Miss, I am Kast. I am new in town, but have already found much kindness here and would seek to protect those who cannot protect themselves." Kast wait for the ritual greeting to be completed.

"Where would you suggest we look for the evidence you seek? Do you think the graveyard is a good idea? Do you know the graveskeeper? How can we best help you?"

Kast ponders for a moment.

"And, by the by, where is the cemetery?"


Yup, he's definetely and odd duck.

Dorial returns the gesture with a solid fist bump, as a slight gust of wind flows from her hand and over Kast's arm.

"I apologize for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Dorial and I am a druid of the vale."

She tilts her head as she thinks on the questions asked.

"The graveyard would work, but only if the afflicted were laid there. From what I've heard, those that are afflicted grow weak and then drop suddenly. I would like to locate some of these individuals and try to first determine what killed them. Then we can worry about locating the source."

She turns to Simon and Laurel, "Do either of you know of any dogs, strays even, that may roam the village and work camp frequently? I've found people to be less than willing to give information while an animal will do so for food in a heartbeat."


Kast Phaer wrote:

GM AngryAnkheg, what time of day is it?

early afternoon


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Pardon me Dorial, but how will you gather information from a dog?"

Perhaps she is...blessed by Erastil? It seems my blood is cursed.


Dorial looks at Nimeon puzzlingly, "You ask them of course."

Have these people never met someone like me before? I couldn't be the only one out there... could I?


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

As the questions of cannibalism fly, Simon waves his hands and shakes his head.

"Careful, careful, these are the rumors of a tavern in a plagued town, we've no proof and we must have such before we approach the Magistrate. However, if...Dorial is it?...can speak with animals then her idea is an excellent one, people overlook the creatures that surround us, even in a city, and they see a great many things."


Laurel takes note of each in turn, murmuring a "well met" or nodding at each, though she seems unsure as to what to do with Kast's fist thrust into her face. After a long second, she pats it gently, as one would a sick child.

“I am sure you will be a boon to the town as well.” she replies gently.

Dorial wrote:

"The graveyard would work, but only if the afflicted were laid there. From what I've heard, those that are afflicted grow weak and then drop suddenly. I would like to locate some of these individuals and try to first determine what killed them. Then we can worry about locating the source."

“Oh, but of *course* the dead are laid there, or burned upon a proper funeral pyre, however their individual god’s demand. Where else would they…” her voice trails off, thinking again of what has been implied this day. “But I have attended the services; surely it is not as you say.”

Looking from one to the other, she can’t help wonder if some new form of the illness has taken hold, leading to madness before death. But no, they all look more or less sane, and certainly not feverish or racking with cough as the others.

But even so, “You wish to… question… the local hounds?” Though she has heard tell of such things, it was as a child, and put away like many childish things.

Still, desperate times call for a wider vision, and a luxuriance of Hope. “Perhaps ….Othoe?” she pauses to make sure she has the name correct, before continuing, “Othoe and Simon...and Kast, Simon and Othoe and Kast...have the right idea. Check first the cemetery and if the poor dead are not as they should be, we can continue from there. But please, it must be tonight, if we do not somehow sway Thaldrin and the Magistrate before it is too soon, the illness will change on me again, and this time, it may be beyond what little skill I have to bear.”


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast nods somberly to Laurel.

At least she knows my name. That is payment enough.

"Of course, Laurel. We shall check out the cemetery." Kast looks to Dorial, not wanting to exclude her, continues, "...and if we see any dogs on the way to and fro, we can stop to 'talk' to them."

Kast nods helpfully at Dorial and smiles.

Kast looks to the 'gnome'.

"Your name is "Although"? I am Kast. Well met." Kast resists the urge to Lastwall fistbump him again.

Addressing the group, Kast tries to attain consensus on a course of action.

"So...like Laurel suggests...maybe we check out the cemetery now for signs of recent bodysnatching and if we find none, maybe we stake the place out. If not, we might go talk to the town butcher as well. Any other ideas?"

Kast looks around in case others wish to speak.


Kast Phaer wrote:

Kast nods somberly to Laurel.

At least she knows my name. That is payment enough.

"Of course, Laurel. We shall check out the cemetery." Kast looks to Dorial, not wanting to exclude her, continues, "...and if we see any dogs on the way to and fro, we can stop to 'talk' to them."

Kast nods helpfully at Dorial and smiles.

Her mouth drawn up in a bow, Laurel considers this plan, then adds, "Much as I wish to see things well and settled, perhaps waiting for night t'would be a better plan? I doubt the sheriff and his men will take kindly to strangers prowling around in the cemetery."

Kast Phaer wrote:

"Your name is "Although"? I am Kast. Well met." Kast resists the urge to Lastwall fistbump him again.

Blushing, she apologizes to the little gnome, "Oh, I am so sorry, 'Although', is it? It was the gnomish accent, I expect. I'm not too used to it, what with only two gnomes, well now three, in the entire village! Still, I should do better!"

Standing tall, she tries again, "Welcome, 'Although', gnome friend to the sick and needy! Your name shall be known throughout the Vale! I will be sure to introduce you to everyone. "


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"I see Dorial, that is very informative. I was told those with human blood could not experience the mysteries of nature."

With a nod as the plan is discussed Nimeon chimes in.

"Although's plan is a good one, and I agree with Laurel, let us depart at night. I am loathe to circumvent authority in this matter though. I hold myself to the laws of nature above the laws of man, it is still the case that man's laws must be respected. Is there no way we can explore this plague without breaking said laws? Or have I misdivined our intent?"


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3
Nimeon wrote:
"I hold myself to the laws of nature above the laws of man, it is still the case that man's laws must be respected. Is there no way we can explore this plague without breaking said laws? Or have I misdivined our intent?"

Chrystosm shakes his head. "The law doesn't seem to be helping much with the plague at the moment. I mean, we wouldn't be here if the authorities were willing to act, would we, and besides" He rubs the bruises on his face and scowls. "I've got a bone to pick with that sheriff. I think a trip out to the cemetary's an excellent idea, once it's dark."

Should I suggest bringing a shovel? No... don't think that'd go down well at all...


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
Laurel wrote:
"Oh, I am so sorry, 'Although', is it? It was the gnomish accent, I expect. I'm not too used to it, what with only two gnomes, well now three, in the entire village! Still, I should do better!"

Othoe shrugs and looks at Kast and turns back to Laurel.

"It's Othoe, O-T-H-O-E, Othoe. No 'L'. You had it right the first time Laurel, but I appreciate the desire to be accurate."

Nimeon wrote:
"Although's plan is a good one, and I agree with Laurel, let us depart at night. I am loathe to circumvent authority in this matter though. I hold myself to the laws of nature above the laws of man, it is still the case that man's laws must be respected. Is there no way we can explore this plague without breaking said laws? Or have I misdivined our intent?"

"Nimeon, I don't think visiting the cemetery is illegal in any way, we just don't want to attract undue attention to ourselves. Better to visit at night when no one is about than to have to answer a lot of questions - and maybe even be turned away during the day."

"However, Chrystosm is right. The authorities seem quiet on the subject and therefor we are acting in their stead. Perhaps they are a part of what is going on, but more likely they are simply in denial." ...or incompetent

"I suggest we gather our things and meet back here at dusk, unless anyone has any other ideas."


Othoe wrote:

Othoe shrugs and looks at Kast and turns back to Laurel.

"It's Othoe, O-T-H-O-E, Othoe. No 'L'. You had it right the first time Laurel, but I appreciate the desire to be accurate."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Othoe." Laurel takes note of the name, her lips shaping the sounds silently to further its memorization.

Othoe wrote:
"However, Chrystosm is right. The authorities seem quiet on the subject and therefor we are acting in their stead. Perhaps they are a part of what is going on, but more likely they are simply in denial." ...or incompetent

"It is hard to say, but I think they just don't...believe. The... tension... between Thaldrin and the Sheriff is like a neglected compost heap, heated and just waiting for the wrong spark to send it up into flames. For Thaldrin, a full blown plague epidemic, as I expect will happen when Fall comes, his business could be devastated. For Daledrin, it could bring his issues with the Gavel and the Lumber Consortium to a head before he is ready."

She frowns at yet another alternative, "Or perhaps they are just optimists, even now. Though somehow, I doubt it." Still, she cannot quite bring herself to think either of them are actively behind.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
GM_Verdigris wrote:
"... For Daledrin, it could bring his issues with the Gavel and the Lumber Consortium to a head before he is ready."

"Issues with the Lumber Consortium? What issues are those? Is there some labor dispute brewing?"

Knowledge, local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 for anything relevant.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

"And Daledrin is the sheriff? I just want to get the names right. I seem to be making a lot of name mistakes recently, Lauren."

Thradrck Kreen? No. Thaldrin.

Dorkial? No. Dorial.

"What is the magistrate's name?"


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Yes, Phast Kare, Daledrin is the sheriff. I agree with Past Hair that names can be difficult to master, but given enough time together we'll iron out those wrinkles. The magistrate is named Harg, I believe we have no need to disturb him yet."


Othoe wrote:

"Issues with the Lumber Consortium? What issues are those? Is there some labor dispute brewing?"

Knowledge, local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 for anything relevant.

Othoe:
Othoe, you seem to remember someone in the knivesies game the other night discussing whether or not the Sheriff answered to the head of the Lumber Consortium,Gavel Thaldrin Kreed or the other way around. It appears that may as yet be undecided.

Laurel thinks long before answering, and even then it is not terribly illuminating, "The Sheriff is...ahhh... still fairly new to the position, and does not always work well with the Lumber Consortium's appointed authority. As the Consortium owns most of Falcon's Hallow, it would perhaps be easier if he did so. " With the way her lips purse,however, it may be that 'easier' does not always equate to 'better' in her eyes.

Chrystosm:
While the gentlemen that you spent the evening with the other night were technically part of the town guard, they did not seem to hold the Sheriff in high regard, and mentioned Boss Kreed at least once.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

"Who's Thaldrin?" asks Chrystosm, adding: "Sorry, ma'am - I'm a stranger here. Also, the, er, gents who entertained me last night mentioned Boss Kreed, when they weren't b@#&%ing about the sheriff - who's he? "


Dorial sits back as she listens to the conversations being had.

I'm glad these individuals are so capable talking with others. I'm better at talking to animals.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))
GM_Verdigris wrote:
Laurel thinks long before answering, and even then it is not terribly illuminating, "The Sheriff is...ahhh... still fairly new to the position, and does not always work well with the Lumber Consortium's appointed authority. As the Consortium owns most of Falcon's Hallow, it would perhaps be easier if he did so. " With the way her lips purse,however, it may be that 'easier' does not always equate to 'better' in her eyes.

Othoe nods.

"OK then, shall we split up and meet back here in a few hours?"

He moves to Dorial and suggests, "I have all the gear I own already, so I'm ready to do something now. If you like, I could accompany you and we could track down one or two of those dogs you were thinking of talking to. I'm no good at talking to animals, but I'm quite curious as to what they have to say."

I'm good at dealing with people, but animals are a whole new avenue of information gathering. Imagine!


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast gives Othoe a weird look.

Weird. Most gnomes I've met love occasionally talking to the animals...it's almost in their blood. Tis strange this one claims not to.

Kast continues to give Othoe a good lookingto, but nods along with his suggestion.

"I can do either, Othoe, but also wouldn't mind seeing dogs being spoken to."

Maybe I should keep an eye on him.


Dorial smiles at the two.

"I wouldn't mind having either of you along with me." She frowns slightly, "Though I can only talk with them for a few minutes a day, so I'll need to find some good ones."

I hope I can gather some valuable information from the animals here.

"Oh! Does anyone have any trail rations or something else a dog might like to eat? I'm all out and a little bribery goes a long way with animals."


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

"Let us go as a group, I fear that Thaldrin's men may cause trouble if they see outsiders talking to animals. I have a little food we can use back at my place, we'll grab it along the way."

Simon turns to Laurel and embraces the women in a warm hug.

"Miss Laurel, we'll do our best to discover what we can and we'll share any information we find with you. Thank you for your kindness and hospitality to invite us into your home and share a kettle of tea. Good tidings and good luck!"

Simon makes his way from the back room of Laurel's out to the street and leads the way back towards his humble home and greenhouse.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"I agree with Simon, moving together is our best play for now. There are dangerous things in the wild, human and otherwise."


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Agreed. We shall stick together until this mystery is solved. Dorial, we are in your hands, lead us to the dogs and we shall speak with them!"

Othoe is clearly excited at the prospect of doing something.

I've been on the run too long. Time to settle in. If I can help to cure this plague, I'm sure some sort of job will follow from it so that I may remain here. It's a nice town, with a good bar - at least one!


Chrystosm wrote:

"Who's Thaldrin?" asks Chrystosm, adding: "Sorry, ma'am - I'm a stranger here. Also, the, er, gents who entertained me last night mentioned Boss Kreed, when they weren't b~$*%ing about the sheriff - who's he? "

" Oh I'm sorry. Thaldrin Kreed is the Gavel, or Head of the Lumber consortium for all of Darkmoon Vale. Some do refer to him as Boss Kreed, though I would be careful about spending too much time with such people."

Clearing her throat, she changes the subject, "well, you could go talk to Miss Ella's dog, I suppose. Poor thing, she passed away only two nights passed. Miss Ella, that is, not the dog. I think the dog has been staying at the paper mill, with Ubert. I'm sure there are plenty of others about town, but I couldn't even begin to guess how much they would know, or care, about the plague. Bobo, on the other hand, seems fairly despondent without Miss Ella."

As she cleans up the dishes, she continues, murmuring gently to Dorial, "Miss...Dorial, is it? Please don't be too hard on the dear thing, he is an old dog, and likely very unhappy at present."

As the group prepares to take its leave, she smiles at each in turn, "Simon, you know you are always welcome and it was a pleasure to meet your new friends."

Nimeon she saves for last, and her smile, while no less sincere, perhaps holds a trace of something else as she simply says, "It is good to see you home again, Nim."


Dorial nods to Laurel, "Thank you for the suggestion and I will be kind to him."

She follows Simon out the door.

Now let's go cure a plague


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon smiles back at Laurel.

"It's good to see you again too, Laurel. I know what happened before was...well, I never thought I'd be back this soon."

Or ever. If I hadn't come back now, I would've kept traveling. Never would've heard of the plague, never would've stopped.

"Do you have any word on my grandfather?"


map

Simon and Nimeon are easily able to lead the party to the paper mill, and in truth, Chrystosm could as well, having passed it in his wanderings the other night. Most of the workers give you little attention, though a foreman does yell across the large yard for you 'shiftless louts' to get back to work. But a young boy is able to give you directions to a small room in the back where Ubert let's Dandelion stay while he's working.

"Around the corner, past the bleaching stations,through the hall, blue door at the end of the hallway. He likes biscuits if you have any."


Dorial smiles, "Thank you sir." Dorial heads to the background that was pointed out.

I hope Dandelion likes the food we brought

1 to 50 of 4,787 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.