Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


301 to 350 of 4,080 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Seeing Cortos looking the worse for ware, he invokes Gorum to help heal him and the others.

Burn last two channels so we can explore another room.
1d6 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
1d6 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 The dice god laughs at my Perception in a pitiless manner

Poking around the urns and bodies, Chitleen is careful not to touch any of the items.


Shirish Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"My thanks, sir," Shirish rumbles when the healing light almost completely restores her. Narrowing her eyes, Shirish spots the opening. "There is a door to the left of the sarcophagus," she informs her companions.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Able to discern the door now that it has been pointed out by Shirish, Chitleen draws his talwar and moves towards the opening.

Perception for new room through the secret door: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Grand Lodge

Rolls:

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Know religion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"Tis nuttin," the dwarf says gripping his warhammer tighter ready for anything.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Thanks Jerrand!
I'll be watching yer back. Be careful.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Rage-warrior, confident are you in your ability to survive the next encounter? I would not think to burden my self hauling your unconscious form around while a moment taken to rest might prevent such an outcome.

Daeron casts Detect Magic, looking for any magical signatures near the mummified priest.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Daeron, I'm NEVER confident that I would survive my next encouter. 'therwise I won't be able to combat at all. Ye should always fight yer battles as if they were the last.


One of the stone jars in each cell detects magic very, very faintly. As if the aura has faded over the millenia. Only the jar in the cell near the secret door has an aura strong enough to type. It is necromantic. After a moment of study, the jar begins to hiss. A weak distant sound that almost seems to contain words in an ancient language.
Daeron- make a will save DC 13 or become confused as spell.

Chitleen- what's the duration on your crypto-vision. it's been over 10 minutes.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen rubs his eyes in pain as they return to the field of normal vision.

Yeah - only 10 minutes.
As when I took the draught, just tell me when my time's up as you have now and I'll strip the effect off my rolls, etc.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Suit yourself then. Lugging around a few hundred pounds of unconscious dwarf is not my idea of dungeon delving. A few hundred pounds of homophobic unconscious dwarf, correction. Ah, what is this?

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

cripes! ninja'd 1d100 ⇒ 29


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

wtf? dygm! iac, sormbiks!

Suddenly Daeron's personality changes and he starts babbling like as misbegotten fool.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Cortos replies to Daeron rather angrily: Look mate, 've been called a rabid ape, a slow witted land mammal, and smelly reject o' the bowels of the earth, but in all these years I've never been called an omeo-bobic, whatever the hell that means. Don't make an habit of it or I'll make you regret it! Then, as Daeron starts babbling like a maniac, Cortos thinks to himself: Damn right you scared him good! You still got it.

Grand Lodge

Jerrand wonders at the group put together for a moment and thinks, "Hopes I's not expected tae be the linch pin ina dis group 'ere."

"Damns elf quit ye babblin' and speak true," he says to Daeron as he looks about the room.


While Shirish and Chitleen work on opening the secret door, Chitleen's vision returns to normal and he finds himself in near darkness while the rest of the party explores a nearby cell.

In the corner cell, Daeron and Cortos' banter is interrupted as a ghostly hissing is emitted from one of the stone jars. Suddenly Daeron starts babbling in tongues to the consternation of the dwarves.

Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Cortos 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Jerrand 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Shirish 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Foe 1d20 ⇒ 17

one more time. rnd 1.
Chitleen
Jar
Jerrand
Cortos
Daeron
Shirish


Dwarf Barbarian 2

YOU! JAR! SHUT UP! I WAS TALKIN TO DAERON! If there's something that Cortos hates more than being touched during a fight, it's being interrupted when he's talking. So he just attacks the jar with his axe, thinking that it contains "another bloody undead".
Raging and power attacking, I have 8 hp at the moment. If I have a clear path to the Jar (nobody gets in the way), I'll charge, so add +2 to the attack and -2 to my AC in the following turn if necessary. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d12 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Suddenly in the dark Chitleen curses the timing and moves back towards where the rest of the party is currently

Fumbling in the new dark - Only light source is Daeron's Dancing Lights which I'm not sure if it is still in effect at present...

Grand Lodge

Jerrand moves in to attack the "jar" that seems to be affecting the elf. He moves around as best he can to allow others room to get into the fray, and to set himself in a better position should the fight last longer than expected.

Move to the side of it if possible so as to 5' step and flank next round. Leave an avenue open for the others to run in and help.

Not sure if magic weapon is still in effect (assuming no it only lasts a minute).

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11


I'll say Daeron's cantrip was recently recast, however with a 1 min duration, it won't be for long. magic weapon has ended.

Chitleen gropes toward the dim light from the cell. Meanwhile, inside the cell, one of the other stone jars suddenly flies at Jerrand only to miss and thud heavily against the wall. The lid flies off dumping ancient parchment-like entrails on the floor.

Sensing the threat of the strange jar-like entity, Jerrand whacks it leaving a slight crack in the stone container. Cortos steps forward again hitting the jar and leaving a sizable crack in it that weeps amber fluid. The hissing voice takes on a blurbling quality as Daeron's confusion continues.

The cell is merely 8x8 so only Jerrand and Cortos can be adjacent to the shelf and jars.


Okay, I'm not certain what I should do considering that the opening post to combat says that Shirish is trying to get the door open and this combat is taking place a ways away.

Shirish looks over her shoulders at the angry dwarf's words. "Are you... cursing an inanimate object?" she inquires.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

SOON to be inanimated! yells Cortos, who then smashes it again with the axe.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d12 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Bla bla wharck rheap...


Daeron- should have a new roll for confusion effect each round.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 40

OMG! Stsroull.

Daeron continues to mutter incoherently.


Chitleen reaches the doorway to see the room crowded with an incomprehensible Daeron and the dwarves attacking crockery. One of the jars flies at Cortos' head beaning him Cortos-7 hp bludg[/occ] and then rolling to the door and disgorging a dried bit of something gray brown.

[ooc]Shirish-door is open, but room in the cell very constrained. You and Chit could make ranged attacks or switch with one of the dwarves.

Rnd 2.

Jerrand
Cortos
Daeron
Shirish


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Assuming that my fumbling toward the light was Round 1 action, here is Round 2

Taking his bow from his shoulder, Chitleen briefly touches his temple before nocking his bow, taking the pull and letting fly the arrow in a swift movement, not even stopping to aim.

Ranged Attack within 30ft, so Point Blank Shot applies (-4 for firing into melee included):
1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 8 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Round 2

"Do not block my way!" Shirish growls in warning at the beginning of the round after watching Cortos fall again.

Assuming no one has tried this, and it is open to do

Shirish moves into the cell, stands over Cortos and attacks the jars.

Shirish Longsword Attack 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 = 23 if it hits she will deal 1d8 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 1 = 5 damage.

Shirish Longsword Attack to confirm critical threat 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 1 = 12


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Indeed I fall to the ground, since I had 8 hp left while raging, unfortunately this is my last round of rage, so I go immediately to -1 and fall unconscious. The jar knocks Cortos down, making the dwarf a nice platform for Shirish to stand on and attack the other jars.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 42

Phie fie pho fumm!


wow. my last post was kind of a mess, but seems you go the point. just waiting on Jerrand.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Heh - no problems boss, maybe there's a second jar and he's got you all confused :P


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Rolling to stabilize, just in case
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Grand Lodge

Round 2

"Cortos! Blast it all, is do be a fine a mess I ever do be in." The cleric says as he takes a swing before stepping back.

"Sume ins blocks fer me, so I can tend to me fallen brother."

Actions: attack then 5' step back, leaving a spot open for someone else. Next round cure light to get Cortos back on his feet (I hope).

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Jerrand swings his hammer on the stone jar, striking it but not leaving a mark. Cortos falls unconscious as his rage ends and Shirish steps over his body hitting the jar with her blade, but not hard enough to damage it.

Rnd 3.
Chitleen
Jar
Jerrand
Cortos
Daeron
Shirish


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Hungry Skull - for clarity, did Jerrand damage the jar at all, or not?


stone has a hardness of 8, so no.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Hmm, this could take a while then...

Chitleen fires another shot...

Shortbow: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14

I can only hurt the jar on a crit... with either ranged or melee.
Methinks that Cortos needs back on his feet sharpish.

Grand Lodge

"Gorum. We 'ave need o'dis warrior," Jerrand prays as he lays a hand on Cortos's shoulder.

Action: convert shield of faith to cure light wounds

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 74
Self Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Daeron continues to act idiotically before he smashes his head in with his own bow staff. With a loud crack he passes out.

Lights out for Daeron..


Oh, if only power attack!

Shirish continues to hack and maul at the jar, and though she misses horribly the swing is incredibly loud...

Shirish Longsword Attack 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 1 = 6 if she hits she will deal 1d8 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 1 = 11 damage.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

As Cortos is brought back to consciousness by Jerrand's spell, the dwarf wakes up with Shirish's boot on the face, since she took his place moments before.
Dammit Shirish! If ye wanted to dance on my grave, 'least wait 'till I'm properly dead! he says crawling back a step away and then standing up.
I don't think I can attack on this turn, but I will on my next one, so I'll post the attack here. I have 3 hp left.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d12 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


The tiny cell is awash in frantic activity. Chitleen fires an arrow from the doorway that only shatters against the stone jar. A third canopic jar spins at Shirish knocking her shin Shirish-1 hp before rolling around the floor.

Jerrand stands behind the fallen Cortos to revive him with a spell while Daeron stops gibbering and begins beating himself about the head and into unconsciousness. Shirish steps over to Jerrands previous location and tries to hit the jar only to bang her blade against the bench.

An annoyed Cortos wakes, grabbing his axe and swinging with all his might to finally shatter the jar. the jar doesn't threaten. With a crack the jar splits open dumping a human brain into the puddle of amber colored fluid and the chamber falls silent.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen spends a couple of moments eyeing the brain before turning to Jerrand "Have you any healing remaining priest? Daeron is in need."

Lets loot up and then make camp outside :)


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Cortos metodically smashes all the remaining jars, containers and pieces of furniture to be sure. Once he's finished, he sits on the ground and says: 'right, let me be absolutely clear. I ain't gonna move my ass 'till we all get a good night sleep. And no, I won't do first watch. He then notices Daeron. See? Like that. Wait, what the hell happened to him?

Grand Lodge

Jerrand looks to the poor elf and shakes his head. "Nay. I'm 'fraid I 'ave used most o'me power." he says a little ashamed at his lack of ability.

"Best we gets 'im ta bed. Et's nature do fir 'im wat I can'ts."

Only thing left is orisons


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Laying a comforting hand on Jerrand's shoulder Chitleen states "It is not a failing good dwarf, we will rest the night and return below on the morrow."

To Cortos: "I would sooner camp outside this temple than within..."


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Just as well, Daeron would rely on natural healing for the meanwhile. Don't forget to do a heal check for extra natural healing goodness.

Deeply breathing..unconscious..


"So we might be eaten by spiders instead of by my former brothers and sisters?" Shirish says, raising an eyebrow. "Or perhaps meet with a sandstorm? There is nothing to keep whatever rests in here from coming out there, but we could secure a door in here," she continues, crossing to the secret door and pulling it open to peer inside.

Shirish Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


The final secret room is about 10x20 with an altar in the center upon which rests a metallic boulder. The walls are decorated in more scenes of starry skies, falling stars, fiery smiths, and winged figures.

There are two forms lying on the floor. It takes a moment to realize they are more former slaves as only their bare legs project from a crystalline cyst.

Grand Lodge

"I'm all fir 'avin stone above me head," Jerrand says as he starts to tend to the unconscious elf.

Will use Heal to give extra care to everyone tonight. So will check on everyone's wounds looking for signs of disease and bandaging them.

301 to 350 of 4,080 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.