Hmm’s True Dragons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

GM Mentoring LoungeDungeon Master S’s True Dragons

Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Drandle Dreng gives a mock bow. “Majestic Varanog, you have hit upon the crux of the matter. Still, I will let you in on a secret that I have learned from years of experience with portals to other planes. There is never just one way in or one way out. Also... With your wiliness and vast arcane experience, I bet that you are already crafting solutions on how to close the portal and still return in triumph!” Dreng grins. “And when you do... What an example of leadership you’ll have created!”

Then he looks to the rest of you. “The Society would be further indebted not only to your great tribe but to you personally if you were to handle this threat. Not to mention, if the Onyx Alliance does complete their portal, it could have dire repercussions for your holdings here in Absalom's sewers!”

He comes down off the floating disk, and then visibly winces. “I'm afraid that my scuffle with the portal's sentries wounded me far beyond what I expected.” He grunts as he inspects what is clearly a slightly swollen ankle, and sighs. “The ruffians used some sort of poison that's sapped the strength from me. That is why your friend up there was able to capture me so easily. I'd be of little use in a fight, and but what I can do is warn the Society of what's happening down here! If the Onyx Alliance is bringing in enforcements, well then so can we!”

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Ready to depart?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Listening to Venture Captain Athrax begins plotting his own means to an end to the portal. I could possibly rig a few of my bombs to go off just as we hop back through the portal. Just like that time I caved in part of Varanog's room without him knowing. He he he. Athrax smirks mischievously at Vanarog, whom completes his pose generally looking towards Athrax direction. Noticing the stare Athrax clumsily drops his book; picking it up from the floor he looks at it as if to be diligently reading. Only problem is all the words are upside down... and backwards!

"Thank you Venture Captain for your information. I believe you have the right team for the job. We are the craftiest with traps you will ever find." with this finally statement Athrax appears ready to get going.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity
GM Hmm wrote:

Drandle Dreng gives a mock bow. “Majestic Varanog, you have hit upon the crux of the matter. Still, I will let you in on a secret that I have learned from years of experience with portals to other planes. There is never just one way in or one way out. Also... With your wiliness and vast arcane experience, I bet that you are already crafting solutions on how to close the portal and still return in triumph!” Dreng grins. “And when you do... What an example of leadership you’ll have created!”

Vanarog flashes his mischievous little dragon eyes at old big feet "I'm sure I'll think of something... I always do. Someone around here needs to be ready for the unexpected!"

GM or Sense Motive DC27:
Bluff (Pass Message): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 "You need to stop giving away my plans to these soft scales! It isn't nearly so dramatic... nor as majestic..."

He looks over at Athrax "Why are you smirking at me like that? No you can't ride on my disk, not after last time!"


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

"Dahak give you a successful journey, Venture Captain."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Engashez looks away when the Venture Captain speaks of the kobolds' abilities with traps, settling her view on Hats and his tidying up of his hats instead. Nothing wrong with a kobold that doesn't set traps well. There are lots of ways that a kobold can build up the Sewer Dragons without traps. Maybe being the first kobold to win a true dragon as patron for the tribe. Traps won't mean much then!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Fazgyn bows as he is addressed directly by the Venture Captain. "Traps are indeed our specialty.. And they will rue the day they found our tunnels!" Fazgyn swears. "But tell me. You said you have suggestions.. I would hear them before you leave. How much time do we have before the surface reinforcements arrive? I will need time to set up our surprises."


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Before he leaves, Drandle Dreng frowns as he considers Fazgyn's question. "You'll understand that I can't tell you exactly how long you have. I just know that they're on their way. I would assume that you have minimal time, but use all your deviousness and your knowledge of these tunnels to use your traps to the most efficacious and malicious effect that you can."

I will be going over the mechanics for this when we get there! Full details then, I promise!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

A crevice almost 20 feet below the main sewer line separates the two disconnected ends of the tunnel. To the west, several snaking arterial tunnels crisscross and connect to the larger tunnels, cramped for hairy human-sized brutes, but perfect for magnificent lithe creatures such as yourselves. These tunnels are unlit, which is no problem for you!

Five-foot-wide sidewalks run alongside a five-foot wide sluice of murky sewer water. The path reaches a T-junction, with paths leading east, north, and west. The eastern and western tunnels go on for an indeterminate length, while the northern tunnel abruptly ends in a drop. The sound of rushing water intensifies to the north.

Can you place yourselves coming in on the map, in marching order?


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Fazgyn gives the Venture captain a short bow before turning away and heading off. Descending into the tunnels, Fazgyn takes the lead by disappearing into the shadows, scouting ahead for friend and foe alike.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 +2 vs traps

Adjustments/GM stuff:
+1 Perception to avoid being surprised, +2 AC vs traps, +2 Reflex vs traps
Fazgyn also has both his swords prepared with Large Scorpion Venom: Fort DC 17; frequency 1/ round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Strength damage; cure 1 save

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog swooshes his cape with a regal whirl and heads off with the group, floating disk in tow I should be able to ride this but it refuses to go where I say! "Its time to save the Kingdom and claim our rightful reward!" He says to no one in particular but himself as he goes, making sure his minions go first and 'discover' any devious traps before he does.

As they near the area in question, Vanarog draws out a piece of discarded metal of about a foot in length. His eyes dart back and forth amongst his companions suspiciously before he turns his back and says a faint word, encasing his body in a brief shimmering field of silver energy. It disappears in moments. "If any of you feel you need the protection of the great Vanarog's magic, step forward and I will bestow my gift on you. But if you are already wearing armor then you do not need my gift!" He stuffs the wand back into his belt before continuing.

Wand of mage armor, 1hr. Feel free to take a hit from it if its better than what you're using now. All it takes is a kind word to his future majesty!


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk follows quietly. When we get close to the goal, she whispers an offer to Fazgyn.

Fazgyn:
"I can make you invisible once today. Let me know when you would like it."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

I may regret this some day.
"Oh majestic Vanarog, I desire the protection you are able to provide." Athrax says while biting back every bit of sarcasm he can.

Making his way down the tunnels he steps lightly and is ever watchful.
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

As he passes by Skyrahk, Fazgyn is surprised by her words. Being nice.. to me? What could she want? But it may be helpful at the right time.." he muses internally. Just barely audibly however, he whispers back "My thanks. When I need it, I will say."


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun matter-of-fact-ly takes the lead of the main group, giving anyone who even thinks about getting in front of her, minus the sneaky one, a sharp glare and about a flash of two inches of her blade. "If, anyone is getting into the fight first it will be me, the Chief's personal bodyguard! Got it?"

The white kobold gives Varanog a slightly contemptuous look as she rattles a couple claws against her armor and snorts. "I doubt your magic could be anywhere near as good as my trusty breastplate here."

In the tunnels she tries to move silently, getting the drop on your enemies is always a good thing, and once the kobold lifts her tails and it's heavy metal attachment off the floor, she proves to be rather quiet.
______________
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog smiles and beckons Athrax over with a slight curl of his claw "Go forth and protect our Kingdom as I protect you from back here." He taps him on the shoulder as if Knighting him, and the same shimmering appears and quickly fades away.

After his work is done he waves him onward. "Back to work now, no time to delay!"

Vanarog simply shakes his head at Pethjun as he shows off his heavy breastplate Yes but MY armor has no weight! Best keep that softscale between me and the bigfeet.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

A1. The Journey from Hats' Lair

Your group of wily kobolds travels without incident from Hat's Lair, turning as you go deeper into the Sewers.

A2. Tunnel Collapse

The sewer path ends in a section of scorched stonework. The sewer here has collapsed into a vast cavern, and the sewer water tumbles in a filthy waterfall to a makeshift lake twenty feet below. A wooden ladder on western end of the collapsed tunnel leads down to the cavern floor. The ladder is solid wood. Other than the ladder, the only ways down from the top of the collapsed tunnel are to dive into the water or to climb up the slimy cave walls.

A3. Fetid Lake

The sewer line casts down a sludge-like torrent of water and other matter into a growing lake of grime. Several small tunnels under the lake siphon the water from the sewer, allowing the pile of excrement and other sewer detritus left behind to steadily grow. Even for clever kobolds, accustomed to the sewers, the stench of this area is unpleasant and horrible.

GM Screen:

Perception, Athrax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Perception, Engashez: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Perception, Fazgyn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 +1 vs traps & surprise
Perception, Pethjun: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Perception, Skyrahk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Perception, Vanarog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Athrax, Engashez, Fazgyn, Skyrahk:
Floating in amongst the sludge are the remains of three humanoid creatures in the lake. They appear to be mostly naked.

What do you do?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk whispers to Fazgyn

Fazgyn:
"Do you think those bodies might be useful as part of a trap? Perhaps as bait?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

"Light-runners!" Engashez squeals, peering over the edge into the lack of sewage below. "Dead ones, obviously. No surface dweller could have the stomach for a deception of that sort." She points out three mostly-naked bodies floating in the muck.

Happy with her position in the marching order.

Engashez will set up two overlapping message spells. Both will include herself and Vanarog, with one getting Skyrahk and Athrax, the other Fazgyn and Pethjun. She will replenish these (40 minutes duration) as needed.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog watches as Engashez casts some spells, he nods in understanding, and whispers back "Light runner? Dead what? Oh..."

Vanarog will try to see what they are looking at... Heh I have no clue what a light runner is... fill me in!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

"Light runner" is what Engashez calls humanoids from the surface. People who run around in the light.


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

looking over the edge of the cliff Athrax says "Yup! Those are some dead light runners down there."

Athrax caustiously heads down the stairs being as stealthy as possible.
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Once on the ground he will check around for any traps.
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

If no desernable traps:
Athrax attempts to pull one of the dead bodies over to the side to 'investigate' what it may have carried.


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun silently marches ahead completely unaware there is anything interesting going on down below the group. Ugh, Bigfoot droppings, not my favorite smell. She stops short when Engashez's message reaches her. She scrambles over to the edge getting a good view of the lake and and nose full of it's smell. She whispers back, "Oh, I see them now. Good catch." ... ugh dead bodies, too. Great, just great.

Keeping her nose covered the best she can, she grabs Athrax's collar as he before he moves ahead of her. She gives him a quiet growl. "You aren't slow fang master, and we aren't going to lose another chief alchemist here." Before she takes the lead down the stairs.

_________
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

"Wait just a minute while I check on something." Skyrahk politely requests Pethjun. She then looks around for any magic auras. If she finds nothing, she nods to Pethjun.


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

"Hhuthak." Athrax expels some air as he is stopped suddenly by Pethjun. He scowls behind her back thinking too himself I was keeping my eye out for things. Fine I guess you can go first and get caught in a trap. he slightly sticks his tongue out at Pethjun, still behind her back where she can't see of course.

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog stands at the top of the stairs looking down into the watery pit "We should rig up this ladder, keep the bigfeet out of our Kingdom!" He pulls out a rolled up satchel of tools from his backpack, one looking like a little saw.

"If we cut some of this ladder so those fat big feet will break it if they climb! Fall down and get stuck down there. Then we can shoot them with fire and arrows from up here!" He gets to work, eyeing up the heaviest of all of them Pethjun and his armor.

"Make sure when you come up, only 1 at a time! Especially Pethjun with his big fancy armor!" He starts sawing away, about half way up, where it will be out of reach for even the bigfeet.

After a few minutes of cutting with his scrawny arms he whispers to the others "Aren't you all kobolds? Come help make this work!" Assists are welcome! Vanarog will take 10 for a 19.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Engashez stands nearby, watching Vanarog work. She mirrors any other help that's offered by other kobolds, pointing where they point and echoing their words mere fractions of a beat after they are said, trying to cover up for her lack of skill with traps, but somehow finding a way to actually suggest an original idea in the midst of all of her bluster.

Craft (traps), aid another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Athrax points to Vanarog and whispers Messsge "I have my own idea for a trap." looking to Pethjun Athrax whispers to her "Pethjun Help Athrax move those bodies to to the steps over here, as if they are slumped to the wall. I want them to look like they might still be alive if possible and then I will set one of these!" Athrax holds up a Bomb Trap device. "Make for some fun! The big feets come and check the bodies for life or gear and then boom! body parts fly hitting with shrapnel and viscera!" a wicked Devilish Grin appears on Athrax's face.

He begins outlining a quick sketch in his journal so he can report this back to Venture Captain Dreng. Oh, he will love this Society here I come. Thinking to himself as he draws all the gory details.

Playing to the Character MuhHahahaha.

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog looks up from his sawing and a small smile develops as he nods in appreciation of the idea "Impressive, now get on it!" He goes back to sawing, chuckling as he thinks of the explosions to follow and the flying body parts.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

The party, while it appears to find no traps, starts setting plenty of their own. Skyrahk discovers no magical auras on the bodies. If they had any magical items on them, they have long been stripped of them since.

Out of curiousity, how are you pulling the bodies out of the sludge? Are any of you diving right in, or do you have another devious plan? Also... What direction are you heading next? As you go around the lake there are a couple of different paths you can take.

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

After his work is done, Vanarog rides his floating disk down to the bottom of the cavern before looking around a bit with the others "We must do a thorough search of these tunnels for more fine places to trap! Big feet going to try sticking to big paths, we should convince them to go into small paths where we ready to jump them!" He looks at his dragon head staff and laughs sinisterly.

Start with the wide path near the body pile?


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Rope? Anyone have Rope? If someone does I would lasso the bodies and pull them to the side. If not Athrax will do the following.

Athrax attempts to use his spear to nudge the bodies enough for him to grab a foot or something with out having to go into the sludge. If he can't he will bite the bullet and go into the sludge enough to grab the bodies and move them into the position. This stench is worth the havok.

agreed up the steps next to the bodies. I wont set the bomb trap until the last possible second as they only last 10 minutes.


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun leads the group down the ladder, and stands next to the excrement lake, her eyes watering and nose covered. She curls her lip at the idea of setting up traps here. "We should look at clearing out the rat's nest before us, but fine I'll help some."

She then takes a second to try covering the saw marks on the ladder with some dirt to make it less obvious.

She turns to Athrax, takes a look at the lake and the bodies. With a sigh, she covers her nose and tries to fish out one of the closer bodies. She glances at Athrax trying to fish the bodies out of the muck, and glances over at Vanarog stepping off of his slightly warped air. She gives an eye roll, tosses her spear off to the side and steps up to the chief alchemist. The white kobold nudges him a little harder than necessary and points over to Vanarog. "Might ask him."

Done doing the dirty work of the alchemist, Pethjun climbs the stairs leading to the large pathway, trying to escape the smells and keeping an eye open for traps or more importantly enemies!
_____________
Taking ten on the aid another craft check for an 18
Also no rope here. =( Sorry.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk whispers to Engashez, suggesting that she could use magic (prestiditation) to help hide the damage to the ladder.

Then she looks over the kobolds, trying to decide which she has converted to her side rather than the side of that pest, Vanarog. Hopefully the little dragons appreciate being whispered to with suggestions rather than ordered around.


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Engashez climbs down, carefully avoiding the trapped parts of the ladder, and follows Skyrahk's suggestion, using prestidigitation to help hide the sabotage.

<<Shouldn't we work to get the lay of the land down here better before we set too many traps? We might have to move through here quickly ourselves if we disturb something we aren't expecting. And the best trap is an informed trap.>>

<<>> indicates whispered communication through the message spells. @Hmm, does Engashez need to speak things twice for everyone to hear, or can she whisper into both message spells simultaneously?


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

I like the << Message >> code! I treat message spells as a switchboard that everyone linked in can hear. The only issue that Engashez faces is who is NOT in the message spell, as she is 4th level and can only include four friends.


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

She cast 2 copies of the spell in this post, to overcome that. That's why I was asking if she needed to speak things twice for everyone to hear.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

@Engashez: Let’s pretend that you are doing that repetition, without actually having to write that repetition every time.
____

Skyrahk discovers no magic on the bodies. With rope and other things that you find around the tunnels, you haul in the bodies and discover that they stripped efficiently before being dumped.

Heal DC 15:
They were efficently killed with fast, efficient blade atacks by someone who clearly knew what he was doing. If they were the work of that big foot pathfinder, he was more able than he let on.

A4. Wooden Scaffold.

A sturdy wooden scaffold topped with a platform allows access to the edge of a cliff twenty feet above. A ladder ascends the side of the scaffold from the bottom of the cavern. Without the ladder, it looks like it would be a pain to climb. Up at top, you travel through a narrowing rubble-filled passage until it open up into a larger sewer.

A6. Cut-Off Tunnel

Similar to the main sewer lines of Absalom, the channel in this tunnel is empty, save for long desiccated remnants of filth. Two major holes break off into larger caverns from the walls of this tunnel, while a pile of collapsed rock and dirt blocks the passage to the south. Following a sharp turn east, the tunnel leads to another widening chamber.

Do you proceed down this tunnel, or turn back to explore the other branch off by the lake?


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Athrax Thanks Pethjun for her assistance with a simple nudge and nod. Then stands by her side waiting for her to lead the way.

I know small post but wanted to at least 'be' here for a second. Have sick kiddos and wife I need to get back to.


I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirr...

BOT BUDDY MOVES PARTY FORWARD

Well, you’re traveling in this direction, you’d probably continue, right? And Pethjun was scouting ahead, correct? After this, let’s have a standard “moving forward” procedure for the group.

Hound Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Pethjun Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Pethjun moves forward, scouting ahead, just poking her head down the A6 Tunnel. Fortunately for her, the breezes in the sewer are blowing towards her rather than away and so as she peeks down the hallway, she notices a small smoky-looking dog patrolling the hallway, twenty feet away. It has not spotted you yet, but it is sniffing the air.

What do you do?


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

"Does anyone know what that is?"

GM, can you tell us which knowledge check we can apply, or is there another way you prefer to handle them?


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

What, you don’t think that’s a normal dog? Here’s that knowledge check spoiler!

Knowledge Planes, DC 19:
It’s an Onyx Hound, a young evil mastiff from the plane of Shadow.

Knowledge Planes, DC 24:
Watch out for its baying howl! When a shadow mastiff howls or barks, all creatures within a 300-foot spread except evil outsiders must succeed at a Will saving throw or become panicked.
.


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

"I have no idea what that is." Athrax uses the whisper gram tho answer skyrahk


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

While the dragon yapper is typically well-versed in a variety of different esoteric facts, she has never seen nor heard of a dog made of smoke.

<<I have... no idea what that is. I don't think anyone needs me to point out that it's probably not friendly to us, though.>>


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

My apologies to everyone here. Whatever it was that got me struck fast and hard. I should be back up and running now though..

Discussion/previous OOC:
To cover the discussion thread and this one in one response: I am fine with the order of march, and any traps set would have received a +2 to anyone not taking 10. If you wish to bot my stealth and perception as we move forward, that would be great. Perception is +9, Stealth +15, Disable Device for traps found would be +15, and I have no problem leading the pack on the exploration. I think I covered all of it??

Fazgyn keeps his thoughts to himself, but helps set up the traps, directing the creation as best as he can. He follows Pethjune, allowing the other kobold to take the lead for the moment. Upon hearing of the weird dog though, he steps back to think.

He uses the communication spell that has been set up to whisper to the others <<"Nasty close hallway for fighting. We can set a trap in the middle, then trick the beast to coming to us.. Maybe squeeze into these side tunnels and come in on it front and back?">>

Are the side passages big enough to allow one of us to squeeze in and stealth?

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Heal vs Bodies, DC15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Vanarog gives a quick glance at the dead big feet before moving on "Yep, they dead, and stinky!"

K Planes vs Dog, DC19/24: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 "Sounds like a funny dog, do I have to know everything down here? I can make magic trap on floor, make big boom when doggie steps on it! Blood and fur everywhere! What kind of boom should I make... firey boom, frosty boom, burning acid boom, zappy boom?" He ponders the question Boom type?: 1d4 ⇒ 4

After a quick bit of thought Vanarog decides on the zappy boom. He waves the others out of the way and climbs around through the side tunnel, scratching some runes on the floor before heading back towards the back of the group and explaining how it works through the whispering spell. "Don't step on it else it'll blow you up!"

Take 10 stealth would be 17 due to size mod

Trap Rune:

Trap Rune (Sp) As a standard action, Varanog can sketch a single, nearly invisible magical rune on any 5-foot-square solid surface. When Varanog creates a rune, pick one of the following energy types: acid, cold, electricity, or fire. While the rune is active, the next creature other than Varanog who steps on or touches the rune's area causes the rune to explode. The rune's explosion deals 1d8+4 points of energy damage to anything in its square (DC 15 Reflex half). The rune is considered a magical trap for the purpose of perceiving it or disabling it. The DC for both Perception and Disable Device checks is the same as the Reflex saving throw to halve the damage. Varanog can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. Each rune lasts for 24 hours or until discharged.


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Thanks for the bot GM HMM, I wasn't planning on pushing forward like that with out everyone else, but this sounds good.

When Pethjun runs across the dog, she stops short. That was not a regular dog. She sends a whisper back to everyone else. <<"Hey, we have a... dog, I think, up ahead. Get your tails up here or I might just get all the glory of the fight here!">>

While waiting for the others to arrive Pethjun, observes the animal, trying to judge how strong it is. When the rest of the group arrives, Pethjun nods at their suggesttions, before taking charge. <<"Alright, I most senior tactician here. The trap in the middle is good, and Fazgyn is right we don't want to be fighting in these narrow tunnels. Alright how about we hide a few people in the narrow cracks, and everyone else wait at the stairs. I'll act as a lure and draw the dog through the trap and to everyone else. The people in the tunnels can then close in behind the dog, trapping it. Sound good?">>


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

As you guys are placing yourselves in your narrow tunnels, Pethjun works to attract the dog’s attention as a lure. She makes a deliberate noise once she has seen that everyone has placed themselves.

This your one GM hint to move yourselves on the Slideshow where you want to be.

The dog’s ears prick upward and it sniffs the air as the wind suddenly changes, bringing your scent to him. Then it flings its head back and howls.

”AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrooooooooooo.....”

The baying sound carries everywhere through the sewer, resonating through your bones, touching on your primal fears. You realize, hearing it, that although you are fierce, you are also small and tasty prey to creatures like this.

DC 16 Will Save from Everyone or this Happens:
Heart pounding, you become panicked for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds. This is a sonic, mind-affecting fear effect.

Who Goes First?:

Initiative, Atrax: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Initiative, Engashez: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Initiative, Fazgyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Initiative, Pethjun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative, Skyrahk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Initiative, Vanarog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Initiative, Onyx Hound: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Surprise: 1d4 ⇒ 4

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1
Active conditions: Baying

Vanarog

================================

Hound

================================

Skyrahk
Pethjun
Fazgyn
Athrax
Engashez

================================

BOLD and everyone’s will saves are up!

================================


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Skyrahk wonders why the creature is making so much noise.


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Athrax's Resolve: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"Aha AH! It's going to eat me!!! Run run run." Athrax begins panicking at the sound of the braying of the dog. He can't wait to start running.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

@Skyrahk: Clearly, the creature is singing in the ancient doggie tongue.

♫ I’m a fearsome awesome hound dog
Bayin' all the time
I’m a fearsome awesome hound dog
Bayin' all the time
Even if you ain’t no panicked rabbit you still are prey of mine ♫

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Skyrahk remains cool, but Athrax is already panicking...

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1
Active conditions: Baying

Vanarog

================================

Hound

================================

Skyrahk (whatevs...)
Pethjun
Fazgyn
Athrax (panicked — Eek)
Engashez

================================

BOLD and will saves are up!

================================

51 to 100 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm’s True Dragons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.