GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


3,801 to 3,850 of 5,580 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

Florence pauses. She's never really given it much thought before, but maybe that's because she's never met anyone quite so openly disdainful of most gods before. One or two of them, sure, but not the majority.

"You know, I don't really know," she admits. "I've always more or less figured that each one has their own place in the grand scheme of things, that each has sway over something important. And I think I still feel that way, but..."

She frowns, trying to figure out how to put her thoughts into words. "I don't think that all of those things are important to me. Or to anyone. Gods and goddesses like Gorum and Calistria and Sobek...they're direct. Loud. Proud. It seems to me like those things speak to you. They're important to you. But then you've got someone like Ben. He values knowledge...and not even for any particular purpose, but knowledge for knowledge's sake. Magic for magic's sake. That's the very embodiment of the Nethysian faith, isn't it?"

Her voice grows stronger, more confident. Though she wouldn't go nearly as far as to say that she's got each of her companions completely figured out, the path that her reasoning leads her along feels sturdy under her feet. There's at least some elements of truth to it, enough to form a fairly solid foundation. "And Nidhi...as fanciful and, and, irreverent as she is sometimes, I think tradition is important to her. And everything following its proper cycle, like the cycle of life and death. So Pharasma's faith speaks to her. Gozreh's faith might do the same, but I've never really asked her about it. Maybe I should, sometime."

"As for me, I..." Florence hesitates. "I grew up in a family of alchemists and herbalists. Healers. Not all of us kept to the family business - and none of us were expected to - but enough did. I did. I loved it. I still love it. Keeping your community healthy, as best as you can anyway...it's important. Important to me. So...gods like Erastil or Sarenrae or...or Isis...that find those things important...yeah. I think they're pretty great."

Realizing that she's been rambling on, Florence blinks and shakes her head slightly. "Sorry, I guess all that time spent with Ben is rubbing off on me a little. I hope what I said made sense even if it took me awhile to get to the point."
_______

"The Curators? Okay, we'll keep that in mind," Florence replies amiably. "I think that's all we wanted to ask about; thank you for your time," she smiles as they bid the Deaconess farewell.

"Darn...I was hoping we'd be able to learn something useful with that," she sighs as they make their way back out into the light of day. "Let's hope Ben and Nidhi and Cahal have had better luck today. Unless you can think of something else we should do while we're out wandering around, we should probably go see about meeting up with everyone."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Great post Florence, a pleasure to read. And the whole interaction between you and Zilchus is amazing. Thank you!

After several of not-so-fruitful research at the library, Ben decides to call it a day.

I'm not going to find anything about the Order here, apart from what I've learned...And the Dark Depository...No information about it either. Tsk!

***

Together with Ptolomy, Ben reaches his room and there he performs the ritual to bond his new familiar to himself. After doing so, he walks to the borders of the city and there he frees Stingy.

"You have been a precious companion, my friend. Now go, and enjoy your natural lifestyle. This has become too risky for you. Thank you for all the moments we spent together mate, I will not forget you. And there will be a special mention for you in my book. Now go!"

Ben opens the cage and leaves. A tear forms in his eye, but he quickly wipes it off. "Let's go back. The others should be coming back soon."

_______________
GM, I actually had specified that I was researching on the Sacrosanct Order and the Dark Depository.

Benedictus West Dickens wrote:
Ben, in the meantime, will study some of the tomes found by Ptolomy, focusing in particular on learning something about the Sacrosant Order Zilchus told him about and any information about the Dark Depository and its location.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As Nidhi, with Cahal, begins to extol the man’s virtues, Muminofrah becomes clearly upset. ”I told you I wanted a report when you were finished with the task I set out before you! I was not talking to you little one. I was talking to Zilchus!” It is clear to you she cares little about the report…

She waives her hands dismissively, ”Now go, and return with Zilchus, or I shall have him sent for!! she shouts. Guards move forward and will attempt to physically remove you if you do not depart quickly. It is still early, maybe getting close to lunch. You'd know Zilchus is likely still at the church seeing as your meeting was cut so short.

- - -

Florence and Zilchus the library is less than 50 yards from your current spot - just across the courtyard - if you wanted to visit and inquire about the Dark Depository. You might even see Ben in his research. For you it is also getting close to lunch. Plenty of time in your day yet.

- - -

Ahhh, had I realized Ben was looking into the Dark Depository as well during his day, he would find a little something, sorry about that. The Dark Depository is a different collection of the Inner Sanctum, and not located on these grounds. He learns that the library is, for a variety of reasons, actually scattered throughout the city in chunks. The library is known to be well trapped, contain numerous secret passages and rooms, and is often protected by mythical creatures so folks just avoid them for their own wellbeing.

One of the deepest parts of the library, the Dark Depository lies beneath the foundations of the district called Wadjet’s Walk, at the bottom of a deep shaft that appears to be nothing more than an abandoned well. You learn it’s rough location in the Walk.

Later Stingy looks back, briefly, gives Ptolomy a look, and heads out into the desert to find his own way…

In case the party decides to get together, Ben, you have not learned anything about the Sacrosanct Order yet, but you do know about the Dark Depository by lunch.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Nidhi looks noticeably surprised. She's not used to being spurned. "Well! We will return later then!" Nidhi motions for Cahal to grab the ropes of the conscious assassin. She bows at Muminofrah again before turning to Cahal: "Let's go find the others."

Nidhi will suggest to Cahal that they meet up with Florence and Zilchus to share their day so far.

~*~*~*~

"Man. This is worse than researching in the library. How is Zilchus more entertaining than me?" Nidhi complains to Cahal as they walk the streets of Tephu. "Seriously, I want to know. My stories are songs are entertaining, right?" Nidhi crosses her arms and pouts. "The only thing he did was stand around looking grumpy."

Nidhi's eyes catch sight of Zilchus' armor glinting in the sunlight before catching sight of him and Florence. "Hey!" Nidhi waves, "Zilchus! Your sweetheart misses you. She wouldn't even talk to us since you weren't there." Nidhi gestures to the bound assassin, "and we were attacked by this jerk." Nidhi is more upset about Muminofrah's rejection than the assassin attack.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Not to pile on to Nidhi's bad day, but...

Once you are off of the barge, the guard who's been helping you carry your prisoner suggests, "I think it's time you came down to the station and made out your complaints against this man. If indeed he tried to kill you, that's a legal matter, and one we intend to investigate. It may be your word against his, if he knows how to write, but I'm sure your word will carry the day."

He looks you both up and down, "But if you'd rather not to get your friend and back to Muminofrah, I understand, but we'll have to let him go if there are no charges brought against him."

The assassin smiles at the two of you.

- - -

The party can gather together in the square or in the library for a quick and quiet chat once the prisoner is dealt with.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Nidhi shrugs, "this is a pitiful excuse of an assassin. We can handle him if that's what you're worried about. In fact, we will personally take him to the court house after we meet up with our companions."

Nidhi crosses her arms and stares the guard in the eyes: "you're welcome to accompany us if you want." Nidhi makes a grandiose flourish with her wrists. "But I must insist that we meet with our other companions before we take legal action. You see, an attack on even one of us is an attack on the party as a whole and I'm sure Muminofrah would be interested to know who's got a bounty on her Zilchus' head." Nidhi tilts her head, "you understand, right?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

"You've made me go this far my lady, but I fear it is I who must insist. There is law in this town, and you can't just go carrying people around all trussed up. Now we've gone far enough. Are you coming with me to press charges, or letting him go?"

He does not seem to be further swayed by Nidi's dulcet tones.

Diplomacy/Intimidate, in my world, only gets you so far. It's not going to push him beyond what he feels is his duty. Not saying there isn't still some wiggle room, but he's clearly trying to put his foot down. He's friendly, but still loyal to his job and the city.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

"Of course we're going to press changes. He's a criminal!" Nidhi crosses her arms. "Our companions are at the Church of Nethys or the library. Can you at least send a messenger to let them know where we are? They're names are Florence Corvina, Zilchus Lyghtlode, and Prof. Benedictus Dickens." Nidhi also describes their various appearances.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Florence Corvina wrote:
"I grew up in a family of alchemists and herbalists. Healers. Not all of us kept to the family business - and none of us were expected to - but enough did. I did. I loved it. I still love it. Keeping your community healthy, as best as you can anyway...it's important. Important to me. So...gods like Erastil or Sarenrae or...or Isis...that find those things important...yeah. I think they're pretty great."

Zilchus crosses his arms and listens, rocking on his heels a bit. He tilts his head, nods once or twice, and focuses on what Florence says. He bites his tongue when Florence talks about Erastil...

That fuddy-duddy doesn't like the Ruby Prince's advanced ways. What a jerk.

...but keeps quiet.

"Well, yeah...see? I guess I got lucky that the Croc just wanted me. Maybe you'll find something that really calls to you or you won't."

And then he shrugs. He isn't trying to convert her. He just wanted to know more about her.

"I guess you don't have to pick just one. You can pick them all, I suppose."

Zilchus spins on his heels...and realizes that Ben is pretty close. And even the Dark Tapestry Depository is pretty close.

"Say Florence...do you think Ben is in there? Maybe...maybe we should go tell me we struck out. Might even ask about the Dark Depository too?" Zilchus inquires, offering Florence his arm.

Assuming she agrees, Zilchus will lead her to the library to ask of the Depository, then to go find Ben.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal looks to Nidhi, then the guard. For a moment, she considers fighting, fleeing, but decides to relent and accept to accompany the guard: "Nidhi, you find the others. I'll accompany this man with my assassin and press formal charges. As you were not the target, but I, we do not need you for now. I'll find you guys later..."

And if the guard accepts, she'll part and follow him to the nearest station.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Nidhi refuses her companion's suggestion:
"No, Cahal. No splitting up again. They might send another assassin." Nidhi doesn't want to be alone with the mask.


HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"True...some people even pay lip service to anyone that they think will listen," Florence agrees.

When Zilchus offers her his arm, she blinks, a bit surprised. But then she smiles and links her arm in his. "Thanks for telling me about the Great Crocodile. He may not be for me, but that doesn't mean I don't respect him just the same," she says, her expression quite sincere. "I'm sure I'll...figure out my own place, sooner or later."

"Anyway, you're right - let's go see if Ben had any better luck!"
_______

Once the two of them make their way over to the library, Florence releases Zilchus' arm as they approach the front desk. "Hello - seems this place is turning into our second home," she grins at whoever is at the desk, figuring they've been there enough to start recognizing the faces of some of the workers. "We've got a question for you, if you've got the time. Is there anything you can tell us about something called the Dark Depository? Or maybe direct us to someone who might know? I believe it's another part of the library, like the Spiral Archive, but I'm not completely sure."

Diplomacy (If Necessary): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Florence! Zilchus!"

Seeing his friends entering the library, Benedictus - who was about to leave - walks to them and welcomes them with a warm smile.

"So, how did your inquiry go? Mine is kinda struggling right now, but I managed to learn something about the Dark Depository."

Just as Florence is about to ask information to the workers about the Depository, Ben tries to discreetly draw her attention.

The scholar whispers something in her ear. "Asking around about the Dark Depository is dangerous, Flo. Someone else is also on our same track."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"...can you tell about something called the D..." Florence begins, suddenly catching Ben's very discreet attention-getting gesture, "...er, the Shark Repository?"

She feels her face grow red but she continues talking, unable to stop. "I mean, the Great Library is so massive...surely you keep more than just books and scrolls, right? And I've never seen a shark before and I thought..." Florence lets her voice trail off.

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

If anyone's listening up there, just smite me now and save me the embarrassment...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Cahal and Nidhi accompany a very relieved guard back to his barracks. A messenger is sent to Ben, Florence, and Zilchus - though it doesn't take long to give your report. They return your rope, lock the man in a cell, and take your statements (I'm sure backed by lots of calls out to higher powers such as Muminofrah).

Around the time they finish, the messenger returns, mission accomplished and, presumably, the pair heads off to meet the rest of the party.

- - -

Meanwhile, everyone else is watching Florence fumble around with the Curator, who simply smiles and says, "Well, there is no Shark Repository, but there is certainly a Dark Depository, though I can't think of a time when anyone's been given access. It's considered very dangerous - both its contents and its protections." she goes on to confirm what Ben has also discovered - though she does not share the location.

- - -

A short while later, Cahal and Nidhi rejoin and the group is made whole. You take a moment to fill each other in on your morning so far. Benedictus still has an afternoon's research in the Sacrosanct Order, but the rest of the party is free to visit the hungry Muminofrah...


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

"All I can say is that SHE was REALLY UNHAPPY that ZILCHUS was not there to give her a report. It's obvious that she cares more about the messenger than the message. So, I guess it's up to Zilch to get us access to the DD..."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

"Let's find a more private place and talk," Nidhi suggests ominously.

~*~*~*~
In a private place/room:

Annoyed because of the day she's had, Nidhi fumbles with the straps of the mask and after a few labored minutes, pulls it off with a huff. Her braided hair is half-plastered, half-static from the helm giving her a crazed look. She tucks the bulky headdress under her arm, breathing hard.

"Your- your- sweetheart wouldn't even talk to us!" Nidhi jabs a finger at Zilchus' breastplate. "She threatened to have us forcibly removed! She didn't even want to hear my stories!" Nidhi throws her hands up into the air and does a half turn.

She takes a few steps away from the party before turning back: "And, by the way! Before that, we were attacked by an assassin! Guards were called before we could interrogate him. We submitted a statement but it probably won't do much good. It would have been better if we interrogated him directly. We should have killed him Cahal! Would have served him right!" I think Nidhi might be becoming a little neutral to chaotic in alignment?

Nidhi rants out her frustration, her argument somehow circling to back to Zilchus (perhaps due to her own failure with Muminofrah.) "Clearly, the assassin was only after me and Cahal! For whatever reason, Zilchus gets a free pass when it comes to assassination attempts!" Nidhi gestures to Zilchus and looks around at her companions seeking backup. She continues regardless: "Just like how Muminofrah only favors him!" Nidhi continues sarcastically: "Zilchus should just do this whole mission all by himself because he's just soooooooooo great!" Nidhi narrows her eyes, "Why are you so special, Zilchus? Are you in with the nobles here in Tephu?"

Nidhi turns to Ben, not waiting for a response from Zilchus: "And why would you suggest we split up?! I almost died today!" Nidhi dramatically whips out the mask from under her arm: "What if this-" Nidhi lifts up the mask, "-thing got into the wrong hands?! If Cahal and I had died, the world would have had another undead uprising on its hands." Nidhi runs a hand through her hair, "you know what? Let's destroy it. I'm serious. Let's destroy this mask here and now! Let's be done with it." Nidhi's flair for dramatics gets turned up to 110% as she slams the mask down on the table and turns her gaze slowly around the room.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Nidhi, enough..." calmly says Ben when Nidhi jabs her finger at Zilchus' breastplate, calling Muminofrah his sweetheart. "There is no need to come to these..."

Nidhi's flux of words catches Ben by surprise, and the scholar does not find the strenght to interrupt her. But then again, she singles out Zilchus, throwing useless accusations at him.

"Nidhi, ENOUGH! I won't stand here while you accuse Zilchus without a proof. He saved our lives, more than once! He saved your life! You are behaving like a spoiled child! Cut it out."

Not satisfied, Nidhi reacts with more accusations, this time addressed to Ben directly. The scholar reacts with a sarcastic smile and shrugs. "She had a bad day and she clearly is not in a good mood," he explains to the others with calm. "I will talk to you once you have pulled yourself together, Nidhi. You are not rational right now."

And with that, Ben leaves the room.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal looks at Nidhi with wide eyes, then turns to Zilchus with a look that says: "Here we go..."

She moves to Zilchus and fills his glass with a warning: "No getting sick tonight." though she is smiling.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party continues to discuss matters, although now two members suggest destruction. Perhaps in time there will be a majority...

A little voice in the back of your head reminds you that Muminofrah is waiting, and she's not a patient woman.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

"I'm just! I'm just! Too upset right now!" Nidhi picks the masks up and hugs it to her chest. "Oh Pharasma! Is this my punishment?! To be paired with someone who dislikes you and your followers so? Who is valued above your own faithful follower by the ones fated to be nobles, leaders? Why?! Why?! Was it because I stole that guy's bedsheets?" Nidhi collapses to the floor with the mask in her lap, her face in her hands. "I have known no greater suffering than the rejection I faced today. I. Am dead inside." Nidhi lifts a feeble hand to shoo away her companions, "Just leave me here! I am already dead! Nothing can revive my passion for life!"

If the others turn to leave:
Nidhi rises suddenly, "Hey, wait! I can't believe you'd actually go to dinner without me! Suffering uses up a lot of energy!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"Your- your- sweetheart wouldn't even talk to us!" Nidhi jabs a finger at Zilchus' breastplate.

Zilchus, who had been really trying to forgive Nidhi, finds all the anger and hurt coming back. He grabs for the poking finger to twist it away...

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 CMB vs. CMD 1 2 3 4, I declare a thumb war.

He resists hurting her too much, but definitely doesn't appreciate the attitude or the lack of regret from Nidhi. He faces flushes and he ponders just leaving these ingrates to deal with things on their own.

Zilchus is about to tell Nidhi that she can shove Muminofrah up her own ass when she mentions the assassination attempt. He stops for a moment, listening to the story.

And just as Zilchus is going to give Nidhi the full measure of his tongue (and probably lose terribly as his best insults are usually just boob and scrotum name calling), Ben...piddlespotting *BEN* comes to his defense.

What? Really?!

He follows Ben out of the room, ignoring Cahal who seems to enjoy seeing Zilchus insulted...and then out of the building. Yes, he's going to get drunk.

I don't need this s*+&.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

CMD: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 0 = 24 Is Nidhi flatfooted?
CMD = 10 + BAB + STR + DEX + Size Mod + Other


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal goes after Zilchus: "Where are you both going? Muminofra's waiting, and she seemed DEADLY serious. We have to go back. YOU have to go back, Zilchus."

Then she turns to Nidhi and glares at her with murder in her eyes as she hisses: "And for once, DON'T make things worse!"


HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

Man, I miss all the best stuff when I'm stuck at work on a busy night...*sigh*

"Wait, no - no, stop!" Florence exclaims as the group seems to almost come to blows - again - and then begin to flounce off in varying directions. "And...and I thought maybe things would be better today..." she groans. Now in an ill-temper herself, she snaps at Nidhi, "Can't you keep your lips from flapping for five seconds!? What do you even care if Muminofrah is more interested in Zilchus than the rest of us, anyway?"

Trusting (or maybe just really really hoping) that Cahal can get Zilchus to see reason, Florence decides to go after Ben - pointedly ignoring Nidhi's sudden concern about dinner as she pops up from the floor. "Ben, hold on! It's dangerous to go alone, especially after what just happened to Nidhi and Cahal! And what you said in the library earlier - the two things have to be related, it's too much of a coincidence otherwise!"


Close, Nidhi. It's just what you put on the bottom, a flat number defined by the equation w/o the d20 roll. Your CMD is 18, 16 when FF'd. Either way, Zilchus gave your finger a good twist then let go.

Zilchus turns to glare at Cahal, the enabler.

"Why is this my problem? Why is *she* my problem? Can't you control her? Talk to her?" Zilchus replies angrily.

He turns to go again...a few ales will fix his mood.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Wait, no - no, stop!"

Zilchus pauses to see if Cahal is going to continue to make excuses for Nidhi or not.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
Close, Nidhi. It's just what you put on the bottom, a flat number defined by the equation w/o the d20 roll. Your CMD is 18, 16 when FF'd. Either way, Zilchus gave your finger a good twist then let go.

Nidhi yelps and tears threaten to well over her eyes: "You big oaf! Know your own strength!" She immediately sticks her wounded index finger in her mouth and turns away. Then, she casts Cure Light Wounds on her finger to attempt to repair the damage.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Cahal ud'Din wrote:
Then she turns to Nidhi and glares at her with murder in her eyes as she hisses: "And for once, DON'T make things worse!"

"What?!" Nidhi narrows her eyes at Cahal. When do I make things worse?

~*~*~*~

So Zilchus leads the party to the closest tavern?

Nidhi hastily unwraps the blue silk scarf tied around her waist and shoves the mask under her white traveling robe. She adjusts the bulk, then reties her waist scarf over the bundle. She might appear pregnant with the mask's bulge.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Can't you keep your lips from flapping for five seconds!? What do you even care if Muminofrah is more interested in Zilchus than the rest of us, anyway?"

Nidhi pouts but doesn't say anything else. She fumes inwardly about Muminofrah's rejection, the assassination attempt already forgotten. Wanting only Zilchus... That big oaf isn't funny. Not entertaining. What's not to like about me? Tavern patrons like my songs.

Remembering how appearance is an important part of performance, Nidhi awkwardly unbraids her hair as the party briskly walks the streets towards a tavern. She tries her best to eradicate her helm-hair by running her fingers through the long strands. Nidhi touches her abdominal every few seconds to make sure the mask isn't getting too jostled.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"No one is going to get drunk today," simply states Ben anticipating Zilchus's intentions. "And yes Flo, I know it's dangerous to go alone, but really, I just left the room, and I'm not going anywhere. When Nidhi will get back into herself, we will talk. But for now...We must reach Muminofrah."

Ben walks closer to Zilchus. "Listen mate, I know you don't like Muminofrah. And trust me, I don't like her more than you. But we have to go there. I promise you that no one will ridiculize you. We just go there and see what she has for us. If she makes strange requests we leave, and we find another way. Deal?"


Really expected and hoped Cahal would be posting. Been almost 24 hours.

"F#!% off, Ben. You don't tell me when and where I can drink. You got that? And f~@&ing no, I ain't no plaything for Nidhi or her coven sister Muminofrah," Zilchus retorts angrily. "I'm happy to destroy the Mask and take the next barge back to Wati.

Zilchus crosses his arms and leans against the wall. It's clear he's debating between sitting here and working through this and going to the nearest bar to get drunk.

"I'll go talk to f~#$ing Muminofrah, but f~!~ing Nidhi better f#@~ing get a lid on her f~!+ing lips or you're not going to f!&*ing like what I'm going to f!*~ing do," Zilchus says, still unbelievably angry.

Okay, that's my most expletive laden post I've ever had. Hmpfh.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Sorry for the delay, Tues AM meetings as usual...

The party, with varying degrees of desire, heads back to the 'pleasure' barge of Muminofrah. When you arrive, the guards part immediately to let you through, and you make your way to the cushioned Muminofrah, who's eyes grow wide as the object of her affection approaches.

"My Zilchus!" she bellows as she catches sight of him, "How did you fare in the library my dear? Loose any blood to paper cuts while within?" she grasps his hands in her own and examines them carefully, though you doubt she's looking for paper cuts - she looks more ready to consume them...


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12
GM Euan wrote:
"My Zilchus!" she bellows as she catches sight of him, "How did you fare in the library my dear? Loose any blood to paper cuts while within?"

Under normal circumstances, Nidhi would find the entire situation hilarious and take glee in teasing her companion about Muminofrah's affection. Instead, Nidhi crosses her arms, pouts, and does everything in her power to look away from the scene. The pain of rejection squeezes at her heart all over again. I am a failure as an entertainer with the nobles! Will I be forced into a life of paltry performances in dark taverns forever?! (In truth, Nidhi enjoys performing in any environment and wouldn't be upset if she only performed in taverns.)


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:

Really expected and hoped Cahal would be posting. Been almost 24 hours.

It's not the first time you comment on my posts or absence of. I do not comment on yours, as far as I can tell. If there's an issue, please PM me instead.

Cahal listens in silence, concentrating on not making things worse. As long as people were moving towards the right place, time or deadly danger may solve things better.

Instead, during their trek, she tries to keep an eye for other assassins lurking in the dry shadows.

When they finally make it, she lets a sigh of relief and simply makes sure to smile and not let Zilchus leave or slap or twist fingers. It seemed he had the princess' attention, which was a great boon to the group.


Cahal ud'Din wrote:
It's not the first time you comment on my posts or absence of. I do not comment on yours, as far as I can tell. If there's an issue, please PM me instead.

Nothing bad or good, just was waiting on either the two hooks Zilchus left for you, after a while we get pushed on and the opportunity for response vanishes.

GM Euan wrote:
"My Zilchus!" she bellows as she catches sight of him, "How did you fare in the library my dear? Loose any blood to paper cuts while within?"

Zilchus stiffens involuntarily at the reaction, but tries to gloss it over with a daring tale of bravery. He's also in no mood to lie.

"Twasn't what I expected. Have you met the daemon they have in there?" Zilchus says with an angry sneer. "And then I nearly had to singlehandedly chase down an invisible stalker that had made its home in the stacks. This blade here cut it down," Zilchus' hands go to his adamantine falchion. "When that was done, I had hours of boring reading to do. I enjoy it as much as I like puking my guts out...which I also may have done in the library."

Zilchus tries to smile, his eyes darting angrily to Nidhi.

"I was told that you missed me dearly? I hope that isn't true. However, I think we now need access to the Dark Depository and no one seems able to help us get there...let alone admit it exists. Ben can fill you in on what we learnt...it puts me to sleep."


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:

Zilchus tries to smile, his eyes darting angrily to Nidhi.

"I was told that you missed me dearly? I hope that isn't true. However, I think we now need access to the Dark Depository and no one seems able to help us get there...let alone admit it exists. Ben can fill you in on what we learnt...it puts me to sleep."

Nidhi tightens her grip on her arms as she hears (doesn't see) Zilchus converse with Muminofrah. She grows more and more jealous as Zilchus - not her - serves at the party's diplomat. A role, that Nidhi rather enjoys enjoyed filling. Only her pride of not wanting to be rejected by Muminofrah a second time keeps her quiet and standing at the far corners of the barge. Some of her companions may believe she's staying quiet due to their own chiding (perhaps lessening their own annoyance at Nidhi's actions) while others may be familiar enough with Nidhi's motivations to pick up on the real reason. Grr, and his talk is just sooOOOooo smooth. Like they're sooOOOooo close. Hurry up and kiss her, why don't you? Big oaf. Nidhi has a frown plastered on her face making her look like a toddler who got told "no." Blast it! Why did I tell her he was saving his chastity? Now he's got her goodwill without having to follow through on any physical favors. Nidhi stews in her jealousy more.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As usual, Muminofrah coos some platitudes as she listens, rapt, to Zilchus' brief story. Worry crosses her face when he describes the battles, and she smiles in shared misery at the boredom of the research.

"I knew you were a man of action!" she nearly squeals. She turns, almost lazily, to Benedictus, and peers at him. "Well, Zilchus has asked you a question. Are you not going to answer him?"

She seems to lose interest as soon as Ben begins talking (assuming he responds) and she studies Zilchus while he continues.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal concentrates on not rolling her eyes, which takes all of her concentration.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Pardon me, milady. I was thinking about how to deliver the information in the most concise and efficient way,"
Ben justifies himself, although not particularly inclined to do so in general.

But the stakes are too high.

"So we have learned a few interesting things about the Sky Pharaoh, but I guess most of them would fall out of
your field of interest milady, which as I notice as I speak is not precisely focused on me, and...well...
"

Ben clears his throat to draw the absentminded lady's attention.

"...And so, we need access to the Dark Depository. Or at least some information about it. Or perhaps one more day inside the
Spiral Archive. If we can do anything in return, that is, anything that does not imply losing our dignity in some way, we would
be glad to do so.
"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Muminofrah, only half listening to Ben, takes a long moment of silence after he's done as she gazes deeply into Zilchus' eyes. She waives her hand absently as if shoo-ing away a fly.

"Fine, fine, you may visit this Dark Depository. But you shall return tomorrow night for dinner! We shall have a feast in your honor!" she says about the group, though her eyes linger on Zilchus.

A bureaucratic looking thin older man coughs nervously yet somehow politely, "M'lady, there are those who would have business with you this day. Perhaps we can allow these to depart your magnificent presence then until the party tomorrow?"

Muminofrah sighs at the group, "You see, it's all work, work, work when I'm here. You'd think Tephu couldn't run without me!" she gestures and you may depart as she stands and moves off to a great desk behind her 'throne' of pillows. She takes up a pen, peers carefully at some document or other, and begins to sign.

It is still only just mid-day, but Benedictus still has yet to research the Sacrosanct Order. You could all wait (possibly drinking again) or you could continue your delve into the Dark Depository now.


Zilchus smiles in earnest, happy to have a silent Nidhi and a relatively painless encounter with the Muminofrah...it seems that without Nidhi's encouragement, Muminofrah wasn't so bad.

He bows deeply to her in thanks.

"This is important to my companions and I, thank you," Zilchus turns, giving a smirk to Ben as he does. "We will see you at the dinner tomorrow."

Zilchus is ready to almost completely directly to the Dark Depository, save for a quick stop at the qwikimart for a gallon of hard cider...to help him study.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Nidhi perks up at the mention of a feast. Excellent. I will think up a performance. Nidhi brainstorms as the party travels to the Dark Depository(?) Although, she's still frustrated by the lack of appreciation for her talents.


HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

Florence had remained silent through the trip back to visit Muminofrah and during the short visit itself; she no longer had any desire to laugh at Zilchus or tease him about Muminofrah's interest nor did she have any real desire to try and draw attention to herself - not that it would've made much difference anyway.

She's only got eyes for Zilch - the rest of us are just part of the scenery.

As they are finally dismissed once more, Florence breathes a sigh of relief as they make their way out. "Well, I guess we've got the rest of today and tomorrow to do our research. I think we should head to the Dark Depository right away and take advantage of the time we've got."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

GM:
I believe that Ben would waste no time in the Great Library, when he can research in the Dark Depository. I know my previous post describes a whole day of research, but couldn’t we just assume Ben didn’t perform the second part of his research? Of course, I will not suppose Ben knows the (few) information he would have gathered about the order. If you want to stick with what I declared, however, I will be flexible and assume Ben spends the rest of the day in the Great Library before going to the Dark Archive the next day—it will just be hard to justify, since the situation has changed. Just let me know what you would prefer.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal nods at Florence: "Are you not worried that we will be given only half the day, like they did last time?"

Then she clasps Zilchus on the back: "Nicely done."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Ben abandons his research in the main stacks, and so does not gain the information about the Sacrosanct Order... at least not yet. The party marches to the Dark Depository entrance.

One of the deepest parts of the library, the Dark Depository lies beneath the foundations of the district called Wadjet’s Walk, at the bottom of a deep shaft that appears to be nothing more than an abandoned well. Benedictus knows the location, so you don't even need to bother the Library Curators for that piece of information.

The walk to the Library entrance is brief. You arrive at the abandoned well, but no one pays you any attention. While you're walking, off in the near distance, you hear the galloping sound of a small herd of camels. Apparently someone is having an impromptu race in the city, and they didn't invite you. Ah well...

The entrance lies at the bottom of a 450-foot-deep shaft, accessible by a series of iron ladders bolted to the wall. Quite a climb!

A set of bronze double doors is set into the eastern wall at the bottom of the shaft which is about 10' in diameter so it's a tight squeeze when you do reach the bottom.


Cahal ud'Din wrote:
"Nicely done."

Zilchus smiles with his not-so-good smile.

"Yeah, that wasn't so bad at all," Zilchus says with some relief. "Maybe tomorrow's party will be great too." He laughs weakly at his own naivete. Of course it's going to be awful tomorrow...but that's tomorrow and today he was going to go drink in a library.

He will buy some hooch on the way to the Dark Depository.

* * *

After climbing down, Zilchus will examine the doors before opening them.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 Perception


HP: 77/77 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 6/6, L2: 4/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 4/4, L5: 4/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: False Life, Greater / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"Hey, at least it'll be a free meal, right?" Florence remarks as they descend the ladder one by one. "And maybe some live entertainment, too! Look on the bright side, right?" she adds once they're all safely down at the bottom.

As Zilchus examines and opens the doors, Florence falls into her usual position near the back - longspear at the ready.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence, standing 5' away from Zilchus 'in the back' watches as the man carefully examines the door. Zilchus finds nothing amiss.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Zilchus wait."

Before his friend could touch the ground, Benedictus casts detect magic and scans the bottom of the shaft and the bronze doors, in this order.

If everything is in order, and no magic aura is detected, the scholar nods to his friend and smiles.

"Now you can go."

Ben also looks Florence in her eyes, and for a moment he touches her hand.

That's strange. This is the first time we do something so dangerous together from the moment in which...

Benedictus seems to be about to say something, but then simply smiles kindly. "Just...be careful, okay?" His tone is caring but confident.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus finds nothing magical in his sweep (other than party possessions - thought he mask does not radiate).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"Just...be careful, okay?" His tone is caring but confident.

Nice of Ben to care about me...but if I need to be careful when I drink. I can hold it just fine.

Zilchus opens the damn doors, wondering if he can get some piece and quiet with this thoughts (and hooch) in the quiet of the dark suppository...which is what he is feeling like right now.

3,801 to 3,850 of 5,580 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.