GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


3,651 to 3,700 of 6,075 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

HP: 77/77 + 2 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/5, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/4, L5: 3/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, False Life (Greater), Mage Armor, Witch's Charge (Stelle) / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"Probably a good idea," Florence agrees. "Let's have a look at the places we can get to easily first, then we can figure out how to get past whatever doors and other barriers we come across."

Well aware that Ben's study of magic was more advanced than her own, Florence falls back a bit to allow the scholar to step forward and sweep the premises for magical auras. Though she knew that there were plenty of women who'd have been put out by his return to their usual methods of operation as if their conversation a few nights ago hadn't occurred, Florence actually found it oddly refreshing.

We're both too old for behaving like a couple of giggling youths anyway, especially with who-knows-what possibly lurking around the next corner.

And there was also the small fact that she wasn't ready to be made the new target of Nidhi's well-meaning but occasionally tactless teasing. She glances back over her shoulder at Zilchus, obviously still moody and probably a bit hungover.

Sorry, Zilch. Maybe I can help her find a new distraction that isn't you but isn't me or Ben, either.
_______

Ben's got Flo beat on spellery shenanigans but she'll obviously help with detecting magic and the like if needed; taking 10 as well.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

"Aaaand they're just looking for an excuse to kick us out. So yes, let's not give them an arm to twist as they please..." Cahal comments.

As they head back, she lingers behind a bit to look at Zilchus and say: "Our responsibility is to guard the front. You should be there with me. We get cut down first. That's the deal. That's our lot."

Then she takes up her position at the front, guarding Nidhi.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Nidhi scoots down the corridor, holding her Everburning Torch and taking careful steps. She's careful to keep her arm holding the torch still so her bracelets don't jingle (...but her other arm...) When the hallway branches off, she stops and peers around the corner (see map)

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

If the area looks safe, she'll continue East.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

(Nidhi, you can’t go east yet - there’s a portcullis in the way, sorry. We can come back and you can open it if you like, but I’ll push you all North for the time being…)

Traveling slowly north then, as Nidhi sweeps for traps, you reach a hexagonal chamber covered with scribbles carved into the stone. But that’s not what draws the eye. What draws the eye is the large demonic figure dominating the room and scraping his head on the ceiling. This brown, shaggy-furred beast stands on slate grey hooves and its head resembles that of a maniacal horned ape.

You stand slack-jawed briefly as it begins to speak in a most polite yet deep timber, ”Good morning ladies and gentlemen, I am Tholurtu. I trust the stairs were not too steep? Excellent. Do you have your writ, or shall it be battle today?” He speaks in a matter-of-fact tone, but there’s a depth to that tone which crawls up your spine and taps the back of your skull causing the little hairs there to rise up.

The creature stands politely awaiting your response.


HP: 77/77 + 2 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/5, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/4, L5: 3/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, False Life (Greater), Mage Armor, Witch's Charge (Stelle) / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"Uh..." is all Florence can muster, at least at first.

What in the world *is* this thing?

What Indeed?:

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

After a moment, she remembers to use her words and clears her throat. "Um...a writ! We have one, yes! Ben, Nidhi, which one of you has it?" She nudges her companions, lest Tholurtu decide any delay in producing said writ meant that battle would be on the agenda instead.

"And, um...good morning to you, too..."

I think.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

What a strong, muscular creature! And so polite! "Hello, Tholurtu!" Nidhi beams cheerily to the creature. "My name is Nidhi Aashirya and these are my companions!" Nidhi gestures to the other party members but doesn't bother introducing them. "We do have a writ! One moment please," Nidhi turns her back to Tholurtu to retrieve the paper from Florence so she can show the guardian. "Here it is!"

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Is there a knowledge roll the party can check to see what the creature is?

Ahh, Florence you ninja posted me! XD


Cahal ud'Din wrote:
"Our responsibility is to guard the front. You should be there with me. We get cut down first. That's the deal. That's our lot."

Zilchus grunts sulkily.

"What? We're in the damn guarded library. Ain't no dangers here. And her? Her? You can guard her and receive her tongue for thanks. I'll have no part of it."

* * *

Zilchus continues to take rearguard in the library of safety and normalness.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal watches the guardian with awe. Then realizes it could only be some kind of demonic creature from another world. She had heard of those, djinns and whatnot, but to see one in the flesh, and to see it act as a mere guard?!

Semi-frozen, she tries to prepare her mind for the possibility of battling such a creature, and dying doing so...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

When rolling for unknown knowledge checks, you can just roll once, and let me know the various bonuses, like so:
Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 18 (+13 arcana, +12 nature, +8 planes, +4 religion)

Knowledge Planes, DC 16:
You face a Ceustodaemon Daemon, NE Large outsider (daemon, evil, extraplanar). One question for each 5 you beat the DC, so Florence, using your first roll, you have 2 further questions.
- - -

Tholurtu takes the writ from Nidhi and examines it carefully. ”This all seems to be in order.” he seems a little disappointed, but he continues gamely enough. ”The library is through there.” he gestures to the eastern path. He reaches over to a lever and pulls it. You hear the portcullis opening in the tunnel beyond.

”Good luck with your research.” he waves you on with a smile that looks warm enough, but there's an edge to it. At least he's not showing any teeth..


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus nearby jumps to the front to protect the party, but as Florence handles the monster with ease (and paperwork), Zilchus is content to mosey by without incident.

He ready to begin his part of the morning research, shuffling up.

"Say, Mr. Monster. Are there any rules to this place? Any dangers we need to worry about?" Zilchus asks, mostly wanting permission to take it easy and not worry about things.


HP: 77/77 + 2 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/5, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/4, L5: 3/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, False Life (Greater), Mage Armor, Witch's Charge (Stelle) / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

Whoops, sorry! Will try and remember that in the future. And I'll take Resistances and Special Attacks, please!
_______

Florence suddenly pales a bit as she recognizes this guardian for what it is and is silently very thankful that they've got a writ allowing them access.

"Um, thank you very much," she replies, offering her own nervous smile. "And ah, sorry...but maybe some thieves or something will try breaking in and you can do battle with them?"

Once the group eventually concludes their conversation with Tholurtu - Florence sees that Zilch has some questions so she won't rush him - and moves out of earshot, she whispers, "That was a ceustodaemon...bound as a guardian, obviously. I think some people actually call them 'guardian daemons' because they must be a popular choice. At any rate, I'm glad we didn't have to fight him..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Knowledge (planes) check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
I'll take fluff if that's even a request, with a particular focus on psychology if possible, and spell-like abilities (if any). If fluff is not a question, then damage reduction. If the creature does not have spell-like abilities and fluff is not a question, then immunities.

Ben stares at the ceustodaemon in well disguised disdain.

Abhorrent monster...You should not be here.

As a summoner, Ben always had moral qualms. He despised the devil binders of his homeland and all kinds of conjurers who took in their service evil creatures such as devils and demons. He didn't know anyone fool enough to bind a daemon.

Ben does not give the vile being the privilege of his word. He simply moves forward together with the others as soon as they leave the room, ready to cast his detection cantrip if needed.

"That creature...You are right, Flo. We should watch our back, just in case," the scholar whispers to the others when they are far enough from the monster. A glimpse in Ben's eyes also reveals that he is quite pleased with the fact that Florence identified the monster.

Who would have thought. We both dubble in extraplanar lore. What a topic of conversation, in front of a romantic fire, sitting on a ceustodaemon fur. "Do you recall when we killed it, Flo? At one point, I thought his Lords would help him out...". Ok, now back to reality Ben.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence:
This is some tough beast...

DR 10/good or silver; Immune acid, death effects, disease, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, polymorph effects, sleep effects; Resist cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10

Special Attacks breath weapon (30-ft. cone; 6d6 fire damage; Reflex DC 17 for half; usable once every 1d4 rounds)
- - -

Benedictus:
Some claim the Four Horsemen created these creatures to serve as summoning fodder. Others believe that they form from neutral evil souls who commit suicide. Wherever the truth lies, ceustodaemons find themselves on the Material Plane more often than any other daemon, as they are easily pressured into service - many call these creatures "guardian daemons" as a result. Yet in the back of their wicked minds, ceustodaemons always think about escaping their bonds and ripping to shreds the ones who summoned them.

Greater and lesser versions of these creatures exist. These variants can be represented by applying either the young creature or advanced creature simple templates, along with the following adjustments. This is a normal version however from what you can tell.

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 8th; concentration +10)
Constant—detect good, detect magic, see invisibility
At will—dimension door
3/day—dispel magic, fly
1/day—hold monster (DC 17), slow (DC 15)
- - -

"Rules? Well, the same rules as the main library pertain to this place. No stealing, no destruction, that sort of thing. If you want the full list, you'll have to check with the curators." he says with a hint of displeasure at having to answer such a mundane question.

"Dangers? Well, there are two Invisible Stalkers down he hallway a piece - if they're still there. Not my concern you understand, but I think they're trapped here, and growing most unhappy with their lot. I'd watch yourselves if I were you."

He turns to Florence with more relish, "Yes, but it's been a long time since anyone broke in sadly."

The party leaves the daemon and heads deeper into the library. She short hall through the now open portcullis leads to a long slightly downward sloping curved hall. As you move down, the hall straightens out again and you see a small open doorway leading to a chamber to the north as the hall continues east.

The chamber appears to be a reading room of sorts, containing three desks and a handful of uncomfortable-looking chairs. A plain looking woman is sitting in one of the chairs reading some books and scrolls spread out before her. She looks up as you enter and smiles, "Hello! I'm Udjebet. There's not a lot of room in here, but you're welcome to those other two tables if you wish. I don't need to spread out so."

She stands and moves a few things off the other tables, trying to tidy the area a little to give you room to work, though you note she never turns her back to you.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal lets the others speak, but she is certainly surprised to find someone in here. Though why not? Perhaps it was just a matter of getting the right permission?

Finally, she can't help herself and blurts out, intrigued and awkward: "Hmm... You come here often? I mean, I am Cahal, from Wati, and this is my first time here..."


HP: 77/77 + 2 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/5, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/4, L5: 3/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, False Life (Greater), Mage Armor, Witch's Charge (Stelle) / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"Invisible Stalkers? Oh, um...that's good to know, we'll be on the, uh...lookout for them, in case they're still wandering around," Florence replies, feeling even more uneasy as she tries to remember if she's ever heard anything about such creatures. With a pang of regret, she realizes that they never did do any shopping like they'd done for their trips into the Necropolis - and there's no chance to do so now, as they're locked in for the rest of the day.

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 10 +13 Arcana, +12 Nature, +8 Planes, +4 Religion.

I suppose we'll just have to be watchful and hope for the best...

When they move along down the eastern hallway and cross paths with Udjebet, Florence also looks a little surprised to see another living person here. "Oh! Hello," she waves. "We weren't expecting to see anyone else in here. And it's everyone's first time here," she adds to Cahal's words. "It's nice to see that there's a study room of sorts but we'll have to find the books and such first before we can really join you in here. Um...I'm guessing those are probably further down the hallway?" Figuring that Udjebet probably had her own research to attend to, she didn't want to take too much of the woman's time with questions or chatter.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Knowledge Planes DC 17:
Invisible Stalkers are N Medium outsiders (air, elemental, extraplanar). One question for each five you beat it, though Florence just made it over the top.
- - -

The woman looks at Cahal, "No, not often. But I have some work to accomplish you see, and this library is where I needed to do it." She answers somewhat curtly, and you suspect she wants to be left alone to continue her studies.

She gestures to the east, "The stacks are that way." she answers helpfully.


HP: 77/77 + 2 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/5, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/4, L5: 3/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, False Life (Greater), Mage Armor, Witch's Charge (Stelle) / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

"Okay, that's what I thought," Florence nods. "Thank you; we'll leave you to it."

Or at least Florence decides to leave her to it; she waits in case Nidhi or Zilchus or anyone else has any questions but otherwise seems ready to keep heading down the eastern hallway.

"Invisible stalkers are creatures of air from the elemental planes," she offers again once the group seems ready to get going. "But that's really about all I know about them. Their, uh, name suggests that they're invisible or have the power to make themselves invisible but I don't know that for sure." She shoots Ben an inquisitive look. "Ben, you probably know something about them right?"


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12
GM Euan wrote:
"Hello! I'm Udjebet. There's not a lot of room in here, but you're welcome to those other two tables if you wish. I don't need to spread out so."

Is Udjebet a strong, muscular woman? It sounds like a strong name

If yes…
”Why, hello. Nidhi raises a sensual eyebrow, ”Do you… come here often?” Nidhi casually leans against the doorway. Mmh! Those arms~!

If no…
”Why, hello. Nidhi raises a sensual eyebrow, ”Do you… come here often?” Nidhi casually leans against the doorway. Maybe she can tell us something about flying pyramids.

Nidhi will enter the room so she can make a turn to examine the contents.

Perception (research stuff the party needs, shiny objects): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Seems like a really small room. The mask was stored in a small room too.


Zilchus nods and listens, not super interested doing too much research right now, but more interested in recovering from his hangover.

He finds a place to sit, then sits with his head in his hands praying his hangover away.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Knowledge (planes) check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Info: special abilities, spell-like abilities, damage reduction, fluff

Benedictus reveals all the information he knows about invisible stalkers to Florence. A walking encyclopedy, the scholar embellishes his meticulous description with interesting anecdotes.

Then, to Udjebet, "We were not expecting to find someone else in here. Thank you for your assistance, anyway."

I wonder whether we should retire to another room, to keep our inquiry private. That would certainly arise some suspicions in Udjebet, and excite her interest. Perhaps it is better to act naturally, for the moment...

Putting aside his thoughts for the moment, Ben reaches the stacks and starts searching for any source of particular interest for their research.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

"Right. Invisible. We have a way to detect them then? If you point where they are, I may be able to do fight them. Anyway, if they make trouble..." comments Cahal as she stays near Nidhi in the front to cover her with her spear.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi doesn't see any particularly bulging muscles, though she is fully clothed. However, she doesn't move with the grace and power of say Cahal. Other than the three tables and a handful of chairs, Nidhi finds nothing of value in the room.

Benedictus:
Improved Tracking (Ex) An invisible stalker takes no penalty to Survival checks when tracking and moving at any speed.

Natural Invisibility (Ex) This ability is constant—an invisible stalker remains invisible at all times, even when attacking. As this ability is inherent, it is not subject to the invisibility purge spell. Against foes that cannot pinpoint it, the invisible stalker gains a +20 bonus on Stealth checks when moving, or +40 when standing still—these bonuses are not included in the statistics above.

You'd also know as an elemental it has the following:
Immunity to bleed, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
Not subject to critical hits or flanking. Does not take additional damage from precision-based attacks, such as sneak attack.
Proficient with natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with all simple weapons and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Elementals not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Elementals are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
Elementals do not breathe, eat, or sleep.
- - -

Udjebet smiles at the party as you move on and chat, likely whispering, in the hallway. I assume you're not planning your attacks in front of her (for now).

The hallway continues, well lit, around the corner...


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12
GM Euan wrote:
Udjebet smiles at the party as you move on and chat, likely whispering, in the hallway. I assume you're not planning your attacks in front of her (for now)

Is Udjebet a bad guy?

Down the hallway, Nidhi complains "I thought there would be more action, but so far the coolest thing we've seen is Tholurtu." She sighs, and sneaks down the hallway.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Udjebet appears to simply be another researcher. But how would you know?

The hall seems to twist and turn in on itself. Though Nidhi is very quiet, between the open hallway and the lights, she's clearly visible to all as she creeps forward.

I opened up the map some more.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Okay.

Nidhi waits for Cahal and the others to get closer before continuing. She sneaks down the winding hallways smoother than 007. If there is any sign of danger, Nidhi will move behind Cahal or Zilchus.


Zilchus continues to follow along grousily, hoping that they would have found a place to sit quietly and research by now, but...apparently not.

We wanders after the party.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben tags along silently, lost in his thoughts.

Another researcher, here...This is impossible. When the doors are opened, everyone knows. It must be a special occurence, a rare one, otherwise why would the researcher stare at us while the door were being opened? Mh, something's not right here...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party advances uncomfortably forward, certain that something is amiss, but they can’t quite put their finger on it. As Nidhi (and GMPC Cahal) round one of the corners, they come face to face with a statue! A stone statue depicting clouds or billowing mist shaped into a humanoid form stands in the middle of this winding corridor that turns abruptly back upon itself in a series of switchbacks.

As soon as you see the statue, you hear something stir, though you see nothing, and Benedictus’ sixth sense tingles…

Clear view of the statue and Knowledge Planes DC 17:
The statue is a great replica of an Invisible Stalker. Spot on. The carver must be able to see invisible creatures or something - it's quite a likeness.
- - -

-Round Surprise-
Benedictus - 15
- Round 1-
Good Folks - 19
Benedictus -15
Nidhi - 13
Cahal - 12
Florence - 10
Zilchus - 9

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 (acts in surprise round)
Cahal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Florence 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Good Folk 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Next up! Benedictus in the surprise round.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"What detail! That looks just like an Invisible Stalker. I wish they hadn't forbidden us from taking anything. This would great in the middle of grandmother's shop."

Nidhi waits for Good Folks and Ben to post before acting in Round 1.


HP: 77/77 + 2 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/5, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/4, L5: 3/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, False Life (Greater), Mage Armor, Witch's Charge (Stelle) / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

Further back and unable to see the statue in question, Florence absently replies, "Huh...yeah, I bet Jharna would love an invisible stalker statue in her shop...wait..."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Knowledge (planes) check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

"Watch out! I feel something!"

Ben casts mage armor on himself.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d2 ⇒ 1

Benedictus protects himself and, I think, moves up a little.

While nothing actually appears, from the square in front of Nidhi and Cahal attacks come never the less. Whatever is there attacks Cahal. Twice.

Stalker on Cahal: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9
Stalker on Cahal: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12

I’m leaving the figure on the map at its last known location. You do not see anything however, so you do not know where it is exactly.

- Round 1-
Good Folks - 19
Benedictus -15
Nidhi - 13
Cahal - 12 (-21hp)
Florence - 10
Zilchus - 9

Next up! Everyone for round one!


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Round 1, Initiative 13:

"Eek!" Nidhi moves behind Cahal and places a tentative hand on Cahal's back. See map. With Nidhi in the corner, the others have room to join the fight. "Where is it?! Get it, Cahal! Get it!"

Surprised and shocked, Nidhi casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Cahal. Once calmer, Nidhi will start to sing.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (1, 6) + 7 = 14 (1/4 2nd level spells used.)

The day is young! I don't want to blow all of Nidhi's spells and abilities early. Also, I wish Nidhi had Gitterdust. It's been really helpful this campaign.


HP: 77/77 + 2 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/5, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/4, L5: 3/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, False Life (Greater), Mage Armor, Witch's Charge (Stelle) / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

Round 1, Initiative 10

From back in the back, Florence follows suit in armoring herself with magic. "Whatever it is, this is an awfully tight squeeze for fighting!" she calls out as she then draws her longspear.
_______

Flo will Mage Armor as well and then draw her weapon as a move action.


Round 1, Init 9

Zilchus staggers somewhat more awake, but his head still reels from the booze of the yesternight. He moves up and tries to find a foe. He readies to attack something that might be in a square nearby.

Readied attack at a foe from a square:
1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 = 19 to hit; (-hungover)
2d4 + 12 ⇒ (4, 4) + 12 = 20 adamantine slashing damage.
1d100 ⇒ 34 miss chance, high is good

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 58/58
AC: 22/20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +2 buckler)

DF: 0/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 0/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 0/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used
Weapon: 0/7 rounds used
Armor: 0/7 minutes used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 1 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 15 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

What’s happening?!

Hearing the screams of pain of Cahal, and both Nidhi and Florence shouting, Benedictus starts to move towards the room, in order to get a clearer picture of what is going on in there.

Wait! They said they had the statue of an invisible stalker in front of them…And the ceustodaemon told us that there were two stalkers in here…

“Nidhi” wrote:
"Where is it?!Get it, Cahal! Get it!"

Where it is. It must be an invisible stalker. Wait for me guys!

Ben darts toward the turn in the corridor, and once there, he casts another spell, causing a cloud of golden particles to cover the corridor in front of the party!

I need to occupy Nidhi’s square. Since when Ben acts, Nidhi should not be there, I will place Ben tokens just below hers, and assume she is placing herself differently on her turn. If Nidhi was already there (I can’t remember) Ben will ask her to free that spot on her turn, delaying his turns to the purposes of the rules and acting just after Nidhi. Then, he will cast glitterdust. The stalker and every creature in the AoE must succeed at a DC 19 Will save, or it becomes blinded for 7 rounds. Whether or not the stalker makes the save, it is covered by the dust and its physical form becomes visibly outlined.

Ptolomy, follow me!

_________________________

Status:
hp – 19/38
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, ? hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 7th, concentration +13)
[smaller]4th (1+1+1/day)― scrying, summon monster IV (2)

3rd (2+1+1/day)― fireball , fly , haste, summon monster III
2st (3+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 19), invisibility, locate object, scorching ray (x2), web (DC 19)
1st (4+2+1/day)― burning hands (x2; DC 17), grease (DC 18), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, magic missile, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Willpower: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 …and the No-Longer-Invisibile Stalker is blinded! Remember, with Glitterdust, I get a save every round as well. I'm not automatically blinded the full 7 rounds (but with my will save we'll see). :)

Cahal reacts violently to the attack on her person and lashes out on her initiative, stepping up to attack the now visible Stalker.
Cahal unarmed: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Cahal unarmed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

She hits the now blinded creature once.

Zilchus still to go, but there is no room for him in the hallway. What do you do differently, if anything? Map updated.


Zilchus moves up to see what is going on. He grousily draws his falchion, still feeling the effects of last night.

He glares at Nidhi as he moves up as he's still pissed and pretty sure his hangover is all her fault.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus moves into position behind Cahal and casts a spell. Nidhi steps back to make room for the others (just a different square) and heals Cahal a little. Cahal 5’ steps up and attacks the now visible Stalker twice. Florence armors herself and prepares her spear. Zilchus draws his heavy blade and moves into position.

The Stalker rages in the silence of the library - making no sound but the mists and fog which make up its form writhe terribly. Blindly it lashes out at Cahal
Stalker on Cahal: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12 low is bad for me: 1d100 ⇒ 30
Stalker on Cahal: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 = 11 low is bad for me: 1d100 ⇒ 95

It manages to connect with Cahal once as it flails about.

Willpower: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 (miraculously - I can see!)

Ptolomy continues to cling to Benedictus’ shoulder as the little dragon watches the fight. ”Oh boy, an Invisible Stalker, look at that thing. It looks like the statue only angrier!”

- Round 2-
Invisible Stalker - 19 (-13hp)
Benedictus -15
Nidhi - 13
Cahal - 12 (-18hp)
Florence - 10
Zilchus - 9

Next up! Everyone!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Cahal strikes back twice before stepping back 5' to allow for Zilchus to step in as well to get a piece.
Cahal unarmed: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Cahal unarmed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Round 2, Init 9

Zilchus declines to move up into the space...in fact, actively considers stepping back and giving the stalker free access to Nidhi because she doesn't seem to appreciate him much.

After a moment's deliberation, he decides he can't justify moving away, but stays put. He readies his blade.

Readied attack:
1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 2 = 10 to hit; (-hungover)
2d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2) + 12 = 16 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit; (+bull,+haste,+DF,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+12[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 58/58
AC: 22/20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +2 buckler)

DF: 0/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 0/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 0/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used
Weapon: 0/7 rounds used
Armor: 0/7 minutes used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 2 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 15 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

Zilchus, what you’re doing?! Come here, we need help!

Ben decides that with Zilchus not so willing to help, a few resources from his arcane pool ought to be used. He concentrates and sends not one, but two beams of fire against the (now visible) stalker.

Wow, look at that! I’m growing stronger!

Prescience roll: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Ranged touch attack (#1): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Using the 15 from prescience here for a result of 20 before penalties.
Fire damage (#1): 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 3) = 17
Ranged touch attack (#2): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Fire damage (#2): 4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 5, 5) = 16

Indeed it does, my friend!

_________________________

Status:
hp – 19/38
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, ? hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 7th, concentration +13)
[smaller]4th (1+1+1/day)― scrying, summon monster IV (2)

3rd (2+1+1/day)― fireball , fly , haste, summon monster III
2st (3+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 19), invisibility, locate object, scorching ray (x2), web (DC 19)
1st (4+2+1/day)― burning hands (x2; DC 17), grease (DC 18), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, magic missile, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Yeah, I'm fine with Nidhi and Ben switching places on the map.

Round 2, Initiative 13:

Nidhi, shock wearing off, begins to inspire the party as she pulls out her longbow.

Nidhi sings a ballad (ABCB) inspired by her own interpretation (and wild imagination) of what's going on:

"Brave Cahal and Zilchus came to
The rescue of their bard, swayed.
Stepped forth to vanquish the beast.
Cahal with fist, Zilchus with blade.

Nidhi, behind them, could not view,
The carnage of foe they made.
Only the screams of the beast,
Until it stilled, quiet as jade.

Nidhi pushed past the two,
The price of love properly paid.
The mangled form lay deceased.
Choice making her heart weighed.

A victory kiss to the Sue?
Fists that left the corpse flayed.
Or to the warrior greased?
Her mind could not be made."

+2 to morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


HP: 77/77 + 2 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/5, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/4, L5: 3/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, False Life (Greater), Mage Armor, Witch's Charge (Stelle) / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

Round 2, Initiative 10

"Hold still!" Florence calls out to Zilchus as she hurries up behind him. "Here, this'll help," she promises while she reaches for the metamagic rod they'd bought earlier...
_______

Florence moves up behind Zilchus (on mobile, please adjust her position) and draws her Lesser Extend metamagic rod. If that's not considered two move actions then she'll go ahead and cast Heroism on Zilchus; otherwise she'll do that next round.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus only manages one hit as the dextrous Stalker dodges the other now that it can again see, but a solid blow it is! Nidhi supports the party with song, helping those who are attacking. Cahal connects twice before leaving some room for Zilchus. Florence moves up and draws the rod (two moves - sorry), and prepares to cast a spell. Zilchus patiently waits for the creature to close, though it does not do so.

The not-Invisible Stalker assesses the situation, and withdraws, flying backward and around the corner deeper into the complex.

- Round 3-
Invisible Stalker - 19 (-51hp)
Benedictus -15
Nidhi - 13
Cahal - 12 (-18hp)
Florence - 10
Zilchus - 9

Next up! Everyone!


HP: 77/77 + 2 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 19 l F +12, R +10, W +12 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/5, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/4, L5: 3/4, L6: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +20, Diplomacy +12, Fly +12, Heal +15, Kn. Arcana/Nature +20, Kn. History +19, Kn. Local +17, Kn. Planes +13, Kn. Religion +10, Spellcraft +19, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, False Life (Greater), Mage Armor, Witch's Charge (Stelle) / Bynx: AC 20, HP: 38/38

Round 3, Initiative 10

Provided she doesn't have to chase him down, Florence utilizes the power of the metamagic rod to extend the duration of the heroism she reaches out to bestow on Zilchus...and if Zilchus moves out of her reach, she bestows it on Cahal, instead.

"And it'll last for ages! Which is probably a good thing, since I think the totally-not-creepy daemon at the entrance said there were supposed to be two of these things running around somewhere," she offers.
_______

Okay, now we'll do the thing and cast the spell! That'll last for a cool: 2 hours, 20 minutes :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Flo, since you act before Z, it's not likely he's going anyplace. He'll appreciate the heroism. It will add +2 to dirty looks vs. Nidhi. ;)

"Should we go back? Surely that monster thing should be handling this, not us. Why would he allow that thing to attack us?" Zilchus grouses, still in no mood to fight, but now much more heroically grousing about things.

Since Zilch acts last, I'll post after I see what others do.


Stats:
HP 64/64 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +15 Will +13 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 37/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +16 | Dis Dvce +17 +5 | Diplo +20 | Sense Motive +16 | Perform +24
Neutral Human Bard/12

Round 3, Initiative 13:

Nidhi stops singing but keeps her bow out. "You guys didn't kill it?!" Nidhi places a hand on her hip and tilts her head, disappointed. "Another glorious tale out the window."

"I vote we press forward. Maybe we'll get lucky and kill the other one." Nidhi stands motionless, waiting for the tankier party members to lead the way.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"No Zilchus, we can't go back. My spell will not last forever and I cannot cast it again. This is our only chance of hitting the stalker while it is still visible. We have to chase it!"

Ben does not move first: he waits for Cahal or Zilchus to move before him, then he follows them.

"An invisible stalker is neither immaterial nor faster than us. We can reach it!"


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

"I guess it is wiser than it looks. If we don't pursue it, it'll be invisible again and have the drop on us... Shall we?"

3,651 to 3,700 of 6,075 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.