Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


2,051 to 2,100 of 5,557 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

GM:
So you know about the Nefarious Nymph Statuette, from the first book?
or the Duck trap from book Fore?


Ingrid:
I remembered the statuette one. I seem to recall the duck one was more comical?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

you got it


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan shudders at Ingrid's story, "That ain't how metal's supposed to work." He shakes off his grimace and looks up, "Can't you tell if this stuff's all magicky?"


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"If everyone wants to get behind the wall, I'll grab the egg!" Which I'll do as long as everyone else is fine with it, and preferably behind cover. After another Perception roll, which may change things.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan holds up a hand to Dryn, "Lemme take another look, just in case. Magic ain't the only dangerous thing you can do to a pedestal."

Perception {Checking for Traps} (Take 20) + 8 = 28


No traps detected. Nothing magical in the room.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4
Kilthan Hammerstone wrote:
Kilthan shudders at Ingrid's story, "That ain't how metal's supposed to work." He shakes off his grimace and looks up, "Can't you tell if this stuff's all magicky?"

"I know it's shocking, as there was no magic from the idol at all when I checked it."

The idol was made of Sodium, Potassium, and Magnesium.


GM Blood:

Initiative Kilthan Hammerstone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 (Below Ground)
Initiative Aarakess Halcorn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Initiative Dryn'taka Devilschild 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Initiative Ingrid Anika Nina Jones 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Initiative Justin D'Rite 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Initiative Rohara Acharya 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Initiative Monster 1d20 ⇒ 16

When Dryn'taka grabs it, the rock is strangely warm to the touch. At that point the egg moves and changes into an anthropomorphic figure. It barks out something in a language that sounds grating and gravelly. It then decides it takes a swing at Dryn'taka

Knowledge (arcana) DC 11:
This creature is an earth elemental, a living manifestation of soil and stone. This result reveals all elemental traits and the earth subtype. Earth elementals speak Terran.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 16:
An earth elemental pummels foes with its stony fists. Its mastery over the earth makes its attacks more effective when both it and its opponent are touching the ground.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 21:
More powerful earth elementals are generally resistant to physical harm. An earth elemental can glide through earth and stone (but not metal) as easily as a fish swims through water. An earth elemental can also use its solid mass to shove foes with a particularly effective bull rush. Casting move earth on an area containing a burrowing earth elemental can stun the creature and fling it back several paces.

Round 1

Initiative Order - Ingrid, Hatched Egg, Dryn'taka, Aarakess, Kilthan, Rohara, Justin


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Know(Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
"Oh crap, that's an Earth Elemental."


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

It's a free action to yell, "Aww, the egg hatched into a cute little rocky guy!", right?


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Busy at work, sorry for the short post.

Evil eye hex to decrease saving throws by 2.

Evil Eye Hex: -2 Saves for 7 rounds. 1 round if DR15 Will save


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Status:
HP: 24/24 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Heavy mace and Shield
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, Comprehend Languages, True Strike (d)
(1st level, DC 15) Grace, , Aid (d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 5 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 7 of 7 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 7 of 7 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


GM Blood:

Will Save 1d20 ⇒ 11

The earth elemental forms a fist and slams it into Dryn'taka. Aarakess hexes the creature

Slam Attack 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Round 1

Initiative Order - Ingrid, Earth Elemental, Dryn'taka, Aarakess, Kilthan, Rohara, Justin

Stats AC 17 T 10 FF 17


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan calls back to Ingrid, "Is there something special I should do, to stop it from killing Dryn, or do I just hit it with my axe, then?"

He draws his axe and steps forward, willing his skin to harden unnaturally as he steps around the creature, trying to grant Justin the opportunity to help flank it. He the swings his axe at the beast.

Dwarven Waraxe (Power Attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 .. Possible crit. Rolling to confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7Boo!
Waraxe (PA) damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Status:

Actions: Swift -> Adaptation, Move -> Move to offer flanking, Standard -> Power Attack with Waraxe
AC: 19/12/17 {includes +2 natural armour}
Hit Points: 31/31
Readied Weapons: Dwarven Waraxe (Power Attack) +5 (d10+5) and Light Spiked Shield (Power Attack) +5 (d4+2)
Special Abilities: Adaptation (Ex) {+2 AC, 100 rounds remain} (1/3 per day)


Kilthan lands a solid blow with his axe

It's a start!

Forgot to post the link, but the one at the top above the campain tab should always be whatever map is current (I've been editing that one instead of creating new ones). I made a guess for Kilthan


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I don't know...."


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Rohara did not really go... I just rolled a knowledge check.

Rohara quickly moves into the room and assess the creature as an earth elemental. She also sees that the creature has hit Dryn rather badly. Calling upon the powers of Desna she heals the woman's wounds. "Desna, I ask for your power to heal this companion." The purplish energy forms about her hand as she calls upon the divine energies and they flow over Dryn to healing the wounds from the elemental.

Move to G-3, Cast Cure Light Wounds on Dryn 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 healed

Status:
HP: 24/24 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Heavy mace and Shield
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, Comprehend Languages ©, True Strike (d)
(1st level, DC 15) Grace ©, Bull's Strength ©, Aid (d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 5 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 7 of 7 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 7 of 7 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin rushes the elemental switching to his greatsword.
To hit (charging if allowed)1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 1 = 11
Damage2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 3) + 9 = 15
"I made your watery brother my b*(&(&"


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Round 1

Stats:

HP 28/28
AC 16 T13 FF13 CMD16
F/R/W 5/6/1
Bombs: 7/7
Effects: None

Dryn stands and watches for a moment as the egg transforms, thinking to herself, "Wow". Then the creature's assault brings her back to reality, causing her to step back and cough up a little blood.

I think I go before Kilthan and Justin in melee, right?

Dryn pulls out a bomb as she steps back, throwing it at the creature with complete abandon.

Attack, Point Blank, Touch AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage, Point Blank: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11


After the elemental comes to life and hits Dryn'taka, she steps back and launches an attacks that hits it squarely. Aarakess then peeks around the corner hexing the creature followed by a solid blow dealt by Kilthan. The rock creature falls to pieces as Rohara heals the wounds given to Dryn'taka by the rock creature.

End of Combat!


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Well, that was easier than the last outing.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Kilthan has his mojo back!!

Justin looks at Kilthan and Dryn approvingly. "Nice solid hits, that is how it is done. We ready to move that pedestal now?"


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7
Aarakess Halcorn wrote:
Well, that was easier than the last outing.

"You didn't take a boulder to the boob. I don't have Ingrid's padding after all." Humor still in tact, Dryn moves aside while the heavy lifting commences.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan chuckles, "So that's what it's like to end combat on your feet. I'd forgotten."

He puts away his axe and smiles appreciatively at Dryn, "It doesn't look too damaged..." He then chuckles again and adds, "I guess Rohara got to you in time."


The pedestal weighs about 200 pounds and with a pair of you is easily moved other than being a little awkward. The staff comes out of the statue easily and is a well made weapon (masterwork staff)


The campaign tab is updated with the treasure found

Only thing left is the pull the catch and see what that does. Who's up for it?


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Dryn will cautiously go over to the catch and take a looksie. "No big rocky eggs this time, right?"

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I step back near the entrance so that if anything happens, I am well out of the way.

Go ahead and pull it, lets see what happens.


Looks safe to pull the catch, what could go wrong?


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9
GM Blood wrote:

Looks safe to pull the catch, what could go wrong?

Good evening professor, I assume you have met my nine fingered friend Dryn, have you not?


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin will see if he has enough leverage with his grappling hook on a silk rope or his three-tined trident to pull it from a safe distance.


You could rig something up, but it would only get you about 5' away


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Good enough for me (I have the utmost confidence in the party healing skills after the underwater ghoul incident).

Justin waits until the rest of the group is a comfortable distance away.


Justin rigs up something and then steps back and pulls down. A loud rumble comes from the other side of the stone pillar. (Southern side). Moving cautiously around to the other side, you see the catch has raised a hidden portion where a crushed body now lays. All of the person's possessions have been crushed beyond repair, except for a curiously undamaged chainmail armor.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

[b]"Strong enchantment on that I bet. Kilthan, want to try it on?


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I cast Detect Magic as I look at the armor.

Spellcraft: [dice]1d20+12[/dice

Nice, it looks like . . .


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

As the others look over the chainmail, which Rohara looks over a brief moment, she looks over the crushed man and his other stuff, if any that may not be crushed (like coins!)


Aarakess, you roll didn't work, but it is chainmail +1. Everything else was utterly destroyed and useless.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Dryn does one more quick search of the area, very very carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

My roll was a 10 for a 22 total, thus the comment, obviously I hit one too many backspaces. Doh.

Looks like whoever was wearing this had a crushing experience.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"That was a bad pun."


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

"I think we cleared this out. Kilthan and I will bring this metal back so we can sell it. Rohara, I think if Kilthan passes on the chain mail, you are next in line to use it. Rohara, don't break the chain armor chain or you will have bad luck. You must show your new chain armor to five friends. Obviously this guy didn't and broke the chain--I think that qualifies as bad luck."
AC21 for Rohara if it fits. Had to make my own pun.


The group gathers up what it finds and is confident they have explored everything inside the Whispering Cairn.

So what now?


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan says, "I prefer to be light on my feet, though I appreciate the offer. Besides, I'd hate to live in constant fear of things crushing me to death."


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

If you ask me, the crushing experience was more stupidity than cursed armor.

Well, unless someone knows of any more places in this pile of rubble for Kilthan and Justin to pass out, I think we should head back to town. We can report to Allustan and then we need to decide what our next move is. We have heard that some evil cult has taken a great interest in that one mine. Also, we should check in on the workers on the house. While I would not mind if it was bright pink with little purple pinwheels, I am guessing that the men of the group would find such a look untenable.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"If we could drain that flooded area,
we could check it out better?"


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan says, "Could be. Stupid's the most powerful force of evil in the universe, after all. Still, it's all clinky and less stealthy that I care for."

He then nods at Aarakess' suggestions, "Indeed, let's talk to Allustan, and then plan -- and check out the house. But pink and purple? At that point, I think I'd rather live here in the Cairn."


A quick scan from before indicated that the drain had been sabotaged and would likely require many man hours of underwater work to once again drain properly. It would require proper lighting and the ability to breathe underwater.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Lol - I could take the Water Lungs Hex - then spend all day under water and also be able to keep almost everyone else down there as well. Might be worth thinking about within a few levels.

2,051 to 2,100 of 5,557 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.