Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


1,001 to 1,050 of 6,258 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Geez - we blow by 1000 posts and you guys don't even comment, no party, no fireworks. Good Grief.

I continue to watch exactly where the balls are being launched from. I also look to see whether the balls in the pit move as though some mechanism is being fed from the bottom to restock the launcher.


Totally missed it, but 1,000 posts in just over 50 days! Excellent! I hope we can continue at this rate!

Ingrid, you don't have to make reflex saves unless you are hit.

Attack vs Flat-Footed 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Miss again (30 ft across)
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3 Reflex DC 16 or fall for 1d3 ⇒ 1

I forgot about the question on describing the shapes on the walls. Think of it almost like a honeycomb, but instead of each shapes being a hexagon, they are all sorts of shapes, yet they go together. The balls are coming out of some of these shapes, and not always the same one. Also you are sure that however it works, it can distinguish between walking and crawling.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"I'm thinking tying my rope around the platform here and descending down to the pit, since only really room for one of us here." If no one opposes, Dryn'taka will do just that.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"We need something to disrupt the air currents, so it can't target so well."

she thinks a moment

"I hate this idea, but if we have a fire along one side of the pit or bridge it may throw off the trap's ability to target people."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I sort of mentioned this before, but nobody was listening, Lets put something out there to trigger the trap. I was thinking it was a pressure plate or something, But if it is disturbing the wind currents, there is an easy solution. Lets just tie a cloak or blanked to the rope and hang it in the middle.


If that would work, what is your plan for the other side since Dryn is currently sitting in the only space to stand on that isn't a beam


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid looks for the trap's trigger, or something that she could do to disable the iron ball trap.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


The trigger is some complex combination of interrupting the flow of air in the room. As long as you are on or above the beam you think it will trigger. Since you are 10' away, there is no way to check the walls where they come from without being able to fly or levitate.

You are also just over halfway across the beam. (30 of the 50' beam)


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

So even with her dark vision, and that she rolled a natural 20, she can't tell where to start for disabling the trap.

What are the dimensions of the beam? 50ftX??X??


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Which leads back to my question a while ago. Where is it getting all the balls, I assume that it does not have an infinite supply of them so it is either resupplying from the bottom of the pit or it will eventually run out. If we can put a cloak or blanked up that will trigger the trap repeatedly, we can drain its supply of balls. If it does not run out, we should be able to tell from looking at the pit where the balls are being recycled from and plug up that opening. If there is no magic, then it is mechanical and you can stop something mechanical.

That is why I keep trying to watch the balls in the pit whenever it fires, I want to know if and where the resupplying is coming from.


So even with her dark vision, and that she rolled a natural 20, she can't tell where to start for disabling the trap.

I did tell you where to start for disabling, the holes in the wall. But it will be impossible to stop the airflow in the room unless you somehow can levitate or fly to the holes to plug them. However I gave you a pretty big hint on how to avoid having the iron spheres shot at you.

What are the dimensions of the beam? 50ftX??X??

Per the original description of the room

Quote:
Through where the mouth was at the end of the hallway is a long, dark room with no floor. A three-foot wide beam of petrified wood spans the chasm, leading straight ahead into darkness. About ten feet below the beam, countless iron spheres the size of large oranges form an irregular floor, but it's impossible to tell if they represent a wholly solid surface. The northwest and southwest walls are covered in a honeycomb of geometric patterns. The featureless stone ceiling extends about twenty feet from the beam.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

As stated, Dryn'taka will tie her own rope around the bridge itself, dangle it down onto the spheres below, and climb down (taking 10 if possible). She still has the rope around her waist held back by the others. When (and if) she gets down to them, she'll test them for firmness before stepping onto them.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

So the beam is 50ft Long, 3 ft wide, but how thick?
the answer will affect what she does.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Justin, can you get a read on this pit? Do you detect anything evil in or about it?


Ingrid Anika Nina Jones wrote:

So the beam is 50ft Long, 3 ft wide, but how thick?

the answer will affect what she does.

3'


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

so it's a thick sucker.

she decides to drop down.

Acrobatics to reduce fall: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin detects evil around the room and tries to make some sense of the geometric patterns.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Anyone have an idea why the girls think that it is a good idea to jump into that pit of balls with no way back up before we figure out whether there is anything in there? We have seen some strange monstrous aberrations in this dungeon so far, it would not surprise me if there was a metal ant or crab or something in there.

Aarakess shrugs her shoulders and readies herself to hex anything that happens to appear in the pit.


HP 82 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Rohara watches... "Apparently, walking across above along the beam sets off whatever trap there is... and below it might be an option. Not sure it would run out of ammunition, if the balls just fall back down there after being 'shot' out at us..."

She readies to help should something go wrong...


Ingrid and Dryn give me a perception roll


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 1 = 22 I assume my mutagen is still in effect (it lasts 20 minutes now), so that's what the -1 is from.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Crap, why do I feel like I'm not alone in the pit.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Think about it, this is not shooting spiked balls or crossbow bolts or spears. It is balls. Almost as though it is designed to knock anyone trying to cross into the pit. Seems to me it is designed to give something adventurers to play with.


Map of Room

GM Blood:

Initiative Kilthan Hammerstone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 (Below Ground)
Initiative Aarakess Halcorn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Initiative Dryn'taka Devilschild 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Initiative Ingrid Anika Nina Jones 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Initiative Justin D'Rite 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Initiative Rohara Acharya 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Initiative Monster 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Ingrid and Dryn'taka both hear the rumbling below the iron spheres and is prepared when a pallid, slimy, worm-like creature, the size of a human, its mouth a sickening tangle of tentacles and hooked jaws comes bursting out of the balls. Both women hear a little boy say "Now this is gonna get interesting"

Knowledge (dungeoneering)DC 12:
This wormlike creature is a grick. The Grick is an aberration. An aberration has a bizarre anatomy, strange abilities, an alien mindset, or any combination of the three.

Knowledge (dungeoneering)DC 17:
Gricks have damage reduction, which is negated by magic weapons. They infest dungeons, caves, and other underground places, although they sometimes haunt open spaces when food is scarce.

Knowledge (dungeoneering)DC 22:
The natural coloration of gricks makes them difficult to locate in naturally rocky areas. Gricks may gather and attack in a group, but they do not act in concert with each other.

Surprise Round

Initiative - Ingrid, Monster, Dryn'taka

Round 1

Initiative - Aarakess, Ingrid, Monster, Rohara, Kilthan, Dryn'taka, Justin

Monster Stats AC 15 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 13


The spheres count as difficult terrain and any effort like attacking requires a balance acrobatics check DC 10 or fall prone.

Picture of creature


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Good thing I invested points into acrobatics

"Time to test this short sword out" unless someone else has it

she'll attack as soon as the creature is next to her.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Aarakess just shakes her head and then turns to Rohara: Told you so, this is like a bad story to scare children.

Then I shout: Dryn, get back here, I cannot use any of my powers at that distance.


The creature goes to bite Dryn'taka, but wasn't completely free of the iron balls when it attacked. (Her mutagen is still in effect)

Bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 *vs Flat-footed*
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dryn can take an action then the start of Round 1 with Aarakess and Ingrid


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Round 0

Stats:

HP: 16/20
AC: 20 FF16 T15 CMD17
F/R/W: 5/8/-1
Bombs Rem: 6/6
Mutagen: None
Effects: Dexterity Mutagen

Dryn scurries back up the ladder. "I'm going, I'm going!"

Climb: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 1 = 7


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26 {Favoured Enemy bonus}

Kilthan calls out, "It's a Grick -- they're resistant to non-magical weapons!"


I assume by ladder you mean rope

Attack of Opportunity - Bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Round 1

Initiative - Aarakess, Ingrid, Monster, Rohara, Kilthan, Dryn'taka, Justin

Monster Stats AC 15 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 13


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

she replies out loud
"Then It's a good thing I have that short sword."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I squeeze between the men and move onto the bridge. If I am close enough, I will use my Evil Eye Hex to reduce its saves by -2 for 7 rounds. 1 round if DC15 Will save.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 <-- if necessary.

Guys, pound it with arrows or bolts if you have them.

If I am not close enough for a Hex, I cast Mage Armor on myself - increases AC to 17.


Dryn'taka scrambles up the rope and is missed once again by the grick. Aarakess goes out onto the beam but cannot quite make it close enough to cast her hex on it and casts a spell on herself.

Ingrid readies an attack for when the Grick gets to her. Without Dryn'taka as a target, the grick moves over to her at attack Ingrid gets her readied action first, remember to also roll an acrobatics check DC 10 or be prone

Bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The attack will miss Ingrid unless she falls prone.

Round 1

Initiative - Aarakess, Ingrid, Monster, Rohara, Kilthan, Dryn'taka, Justin

Monster Stats AC 15 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 13


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

arcobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

The attack missed, but so did it.


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan curses, "Goblin spit!", even as his thoughts begin to race, They'll not make it up here, that thing will tear them to bits while they climb...

A dangerous thought comes to him and he draws his axe, It may not be magical, but it should hurt, at least... He takes a breath and runs off the edge of the bridge, leaping and shouting a challenge, bringing his axe into the beast.

Acrobatics (jump/absorb the fall): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

Dwarven Waraxe (Power Attack, 2-Handed): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25 for 1d10 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

Acrobatics (avoid falling prone): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10


Kilthan you would be too far away to jump down move in difficult terrain and attack all in this round. I adjusted the map to get you as close as you could get.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 16/20
AC: 20 FF16 T15 CMD17
F/R/W: 5/8/-1
Bombs Rem: 5/6
Mutagen: None
Effects: Dexterity Mutagen

Dryn'taka lobs a bomb at the creature, taking care to miss Ingrid. "Look out below, except you monsters and not-nice disembodied voices!"

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Touch AC, precise bomb to only hit the Grick.

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Scatte: 1d8 ⇒ 3 Sigh, that's F2, Ingrid's square. Five damage to her, Kilthan and the Grick, DC 15 Reflex for half.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"OOWW, watch where you throw those things."

Ingrid readies to attack when the Grick attacks

Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Dam: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

So if the Grick attacks me it takes 5 damage.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Round 2

Evil Eye Hex - -2 to Saves for seven rounds, DC15 Will reduces to 1 round.

Hit him hard guys.


Awaiting Rohara's and Justin's actions then will update with round 2 actions


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Since I missed it's only splash damage, Ingrid, so you get a save for half (reflex DC 15).


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin will hang and drop into the 'ball pit' and rush to the grick.

Diseased: 22/22hp Climb 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


HP 82 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

The woman nods to the elven woman, "You did indeed. The life of an adventure, you get to experience it all."

She focuses on the battle at hand, and with no ranged weapons save a non-magical dagger, the cleric calls forth her goddess' power..."Desna, I ask for your blessings."

Cast Bless (20 round duration)

Status:
HP: 13/13 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and shield
Conditions: none
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance; (1st level, DC 14) Bless (x2)©, Comprehend Languages, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 7 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 6 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 6 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Reflex for bomb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


OK Kilthan need a reflex for half of Dryn's damage and Ingrid change your damage from 5 to 2 since you made your save

GM Blood:

Grick Will Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Rohara casts bless and Aarakess hexes the Grick. The Grick attacks Ingrid and right before it gets to her takes a slash from the magic short sword.

Bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 *Miss*
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Tentacle 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15 *Miss*
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

Tentacle 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 *Miss*
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

Tentacle 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4 *Miss*
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4

Tentacle 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 *Hit*
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

Round 2

Initiative - Aarakess, Ingrid, Monster, Rohara, Kilthan, Dryn'taka, Justin

Monster Stats AC 15 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 13

GM Blood:

Reflex for half 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"If enlarged, I think I can hit the Grick from here with my trident."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Round 2

Stats:

HP: 16/20
AC: 20 FF16 T15 CMD17
F/R/W: 5/8/-1
Bombs Rem: 4/6
Mutagen: None
Effects: Dexterity Mutagen

"Don't worry Ingrid, I'm accounting for the crazy winds in here! And Desna's got our backs this time too, right Rohara?" Dryn'taka lobs another bomb at the creature, finally scoring a hit on it. "Gotcha you four tentacled snake! Maybe I'll make you a pet along with the eyeball thing!"

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Touch AC, precise to miss allies.

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I can only make you large one time, I memorized another spell in case we run into any more of those swarms of bugs. Lets see if we can hurt this thing first before I use the spell - I might be able to make it go nap nap right now.

I am out for most of the day, so my next round action will be to use my slumber hex on the thing.

Slumber Hex: Creature falls to sleep unless DC17 Will save.


GM Blood:

Will save vs sleep 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

It does not fall asleep from the hex

1,001 to 1,050 of 6,258 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.