Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Elements and Elementals (Inactive)

Game Master lordzack


101 to 150 of 215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

"I don't suppose we could just ask them how to get to where we need to go? We just got here; surely they can't have any complaint against us."


Yithzak says, "I'd like to avoid confrontations if we can, yet asking questionsmight be the only way to get the information we need. If we do approach them, we should be careful.


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

"Valerie, you're the least threatening and, if I may say so - I'm sorry, Aishara - the most attractive. You'd probably be best to help get us through here without any trouble catching up to us."

He smiled in chagrin at Aishara, hoping she would not take offense to being compared unfavorably with Valerie.


F Suli Hospitaller 1

щ(ಥДಥщ)


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

Valerie casts a frown at Summer. "Your words are unfair, sir. Aishara is very beautiful. Even with these eyes, I can see that."


Male Human Monk/1

<*Gibbsmacks Summer* Bad, Bad Summer!>
"Summer, those words are very harsh and you should probably apologize."
Bois Guilbert turns to Aishara.
"I think you're pretty."
Bois Guilbert turns to Yithzak and company.
"Are any of you trained in combat, by any chance? I feel as though we may need it..."


F Suli Hospitaller 1

Only slightly ameliorated, Aishara drags Valerie off towards the crowd at a quicker pace.

"Thanks Valerie. Let's just go see what these fellows can tell us."


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

Acutely ashamed of his words, Summer meekly slinks back to try and blend into the wall.


Yithzak says, "My cousins and I are not great warriors, but we know how to swing a hammer or axe.

Valerie and Aishara head to the group in the distance, but before long they arrive to see their own companions!


Male Human Monk/1

Do we see them?


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Summer meekly pipes up, "Huh, that's weird. The armed groups we're seeing in either direction are actually us. Yithzak said there are at least three more portals. Maybe we just start checking some of the doors for one of the next ones?"


Male Human Monk/1

"Well, that is strange. You, uh, want to go in a direction in particular?"


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

"Oh. That is very strange. Maybe we need to go in a different direction than toward any of these groups," Valerie suggests.


F Suli Hospitaller 1

"Yes, that's VERY curious. I have an idea! Let's start checking doors to see if they lead anywhere."

XP


Male Human Monk/1

"Well, that sounds nice and all, but lets make sure the people who want to go places stay back, and with a bodyguard at all times. Fortis, lets have you be on guard duty for now. Aishara and I will start opening doors. Valerie and Summer, pick one of us each and stick with us. If thats alright with everyone, that is..."

Bois Guilbert looks at all his companions and makes sure no one has any objections.


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

Valerie remains with her hand joined with Aishara's and looks at her, then the others, hesitance in her pale eyes. "Um. I would prefer to stay with Aishara, as you say, if that is alright with everyone. Should we keep together, then?"


F Suli Hospitaller 1

Aishara responds with a quick and forceful "YES," while shooting Summer a dirty look. Her expression then lightens a bit and she adds, "But don't head into the doors until we can head in together. I'd rather we not split everyone up in these strange lands. It would not be easy to protect our charges if we get separated."


Male Caementum Fighter 1

Fortis, a bit thrown off by this whole ordeal is just trying to keep his eyes fixed on his surroundings.

"Yithzak, no need to worry. That's what you've hired us for. Any action by you or your mates is purely the last case scenario. We will take care of things."

"Right, that sounds great Aishara, I agree. Since this is our first job together, let's stick to the basics. Now, lets get a good look at each of these other sets of arches."

Am I correct in assuming that there are additional arches where these other peoples (ourselves???) are standing?


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

"I, uhh, I guess I'll go with you, Fortis," said Summer, avoiding meeting anyone's eyes.


Male Human Monk/1

"I'll stick with Aishara and Valerie. How about we start going left and meeting up back here, with the group? I don't think we'll wander too far..."

I follow the "Rule of Left" does anyone follow the "Rule of Right"?


Fortis can indeed see other (or the same) arches in either direction.


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

I'm a fan of the Right-Hand Rule.

"That should work, Bois," replied Summer.


Male Human Monk/1

Bois Guilbert nods, and walks over to the first archway. He looks up at the top of the arch, and then he looks behind him at his allies.

"Alright, lets do this."


You start entering the various buildings you see along the street. Some of them seem abandoned, but some are inhabited and the inhabitants of this one seem quite surprised to have a party of armed adventurers breaking into their house!

"What are you doing here? This is my house! says a burly Tiefling as you enter. He appears to be setting out for someplace as he is right in front of the door, reaching for the door knob.


Male Human Monk/1

"Whoops! Sorry!

Bois Guilbert hops through the last gate back to where his friends are.

"Do NOT go that way."


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

"Perhaps we should ask for directions," Valerie suggests.


Male Human Monk/1

"That would be wise, but lets not ask the one who is in the house behind me. It looked like he was goin somewhere, and he was not friendly."


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

To get this rolling again...

Shrugging to Bois, Valerie turns back to face the tiefling again and bows humbly. "My apologies, sir. We did not mean to intrude, but we do not know these streets and have lost our way. Might you be able to direct us to the local temples?"


As you attempt to get directions to the next gate, you find that most are reticent about the subject. Yet you can sense no dissembling from them, they appear not to know where the gate is.

"Trying to find the gate?" A voice asks from behind you.


Male Human Monk/1

Bois Guilbert turns around slowly to see who asked the question.

"Yes, you wouldn't by any chance know where to look, would you?"


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

Valerie spins around to face wherever this voice came from.


Male Caementum Fighter 1

Fortis, a bit startled, quickly turns and says
"Yes!"
In a louder than usual tone just as Bois begins speaking.

"Wow, this place is creeping me out. This isn't like me, relax Fortis!."


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

Summer, like everyone else, tries peering around in every direction at once to locate the source of the helpful voice.


Behind you there are four men, wearing lamellar armor over garb of red and orange. One, in front wears a holy symbol with an image of a flame and a greatsword on his back, the other three have scimitars in scabbards on their belts.

"So, you seek our master's palace. Can you prove that you are worthy of making this pilgrimage?"asks the man in front.


Male Human Monk/1

"What do you have in mind?"

These guys might just want to fight us... I gotta get in front. Can't let them harm the clients."


F Suli Hospitaller 1

Aishara turns and eyes the newcomers suspiciously at first, but noticeably brightens at the use of the word "pilgrimage."

"Yes, sir, we seek to meet your master. What will it take to prove our worthiness?


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

With the relevant questions already in the air, Valerie waits quietly.


"Well ritual combat is what we usaully end up doing, but there aren't really any actual rules.


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

"Ritual combat? To first blood, surrender, knock out, or death?" asked Summer. "Weapons or bare fists? I read about this, once, you see."

It is clear that the fact that he might be involved with it escaped him entirely.

"No rules? Oh..." he stated, stymied.


Male Human Monk/1

"How's this sound: one-on-one combat. No weapons. No armor. No outside help. We win, you take us to the palace. You win, I'll leave the plane."

I'll roll for Diplomacy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


F Suli Hospitaller 1

"Sirs, is there not a peaceable way we could resolve this? A test of faith, perhaps?"


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

Valerie is taken somewhat aback by the request of violence and stands with Aishara. "I think combat itself may be the test of faith they have in mind, I'm afraid. It is not to the death, is it? I do not wish to see needless bloodshed."


"I dunno, as I said there aren't really any rules."


Male Human Monk/1

How are we going to do combat?


F Suli Hospitaller 1

Aishara eyes the leader of the group critically and uses Detect Evil on him.


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

"No rules at all?" Valerie thinks for a moment. "Very well. Since there are no rules, we need not fight or anything; no rules demand that we do. Take us to your master. He has the right to determine our worth himself."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

In the meantime, Valerie ponders asking Aishara to join her for drinks after this 'pilgrimage' for three reasons, one of which is that it's very hot on the plane of fire and she'd really like a nice cold drink and another reason being a curiosity about Sarenrae.

But alas, time seems to stand still.


The leader of the group does not have an evil aura. He considers Valerie's words and says "Perhaps you are right. However, our master created this dimensional warp to keep those unworthy of his presence away. If you want an audience with him, you must find you're own path. However, I can tell you one thing. You're looking on the wrong street."


Male Human Monk/1

"Would you be so kind to show us to the correct street?"


With a nasty smile, he points in both directions (towards each side of the street) and says "That way."

101 to 150 of 215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Elements and Elementals All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.