Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


2,501 to 2,550 of 3,652 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria has trouble getting up on the rope, and then doesn't even make it to the river...

Strength:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Acrobatics:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

She tries again, and this time she nails it, nearly running across!

Acrobatics:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Not really happy about having to climb across the fish pit, the undexterous one carefully makes her way across without losing any blue hair to the gar nightmares below.

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"I got lunch!" Attalas beams with pride as he pulls the giant fish from the river.


Kosti falls into the water and is bitten once by a pike, but as soon as Attalas shadow approaches, the fish quickly speeds away

Damage1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

@ Ragnvald, nope, its a mixture of strength and dexterity, you have to make it by using acrobatics :)


M Human Evangelist 6

1d20 ⇒ 9 Acrobatics 1
1d20 ⇒ 3 Acrobatics 2
1d20 ⇒ 9 Acrobatics 3
1d20 ⇒ 8 Acrobatics 4

Right, I'm waiting on results until rolling any further.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Hit Points left:
16

Did Kosti make it to the other side?


Yeah, even failing means you manage getting to the other side, but you're long enough in the water to get bitten then.

After Kosti Ragnvald is also bitten - these pikes are hungry!

Damage1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez smiles as Attalas brings the fish out. You want to cook it? Or eat it raw? I am good either way.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"HAHAHAH EAT IT RAW?! Who ever heard of such a crazy idea?"
Attalas looks quite amused by the jest.

Attalas prepares to wade back in if needs be ie someone in trouble!


The pikes are clever enough only to bite once when someone falls into the water, then they flee ebfore Attalas has the chance to become a better fisherman.

After a while everyone has more or less safely reached the other side of the river and it's Mobo's task again to find the right track.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Nose to the ground sniffing like a mongrel pup, Mobo sets about to find the way.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Survival 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Gonna give my nose a swish,
To rid it of tasty fish.
Find the Red bird, that's my wish,
Then we shoot that son of bish!"


M Human Evangelist 6

"And possibly slaughter the wizard as well."


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kosti keeps quiet and hold a bit of a Distance from the Group, clearly keeping an eye out for Ragnvald.


Quickly Mobo finds the right track again and you are back hunting the Red Raven. Now that the Kantele River lies behind you, the forest soon makes way for low foothills and the mountain ridge you have seen before.

Its getting remarkably cold here and after another two hours of wandering, you notice the first slowly drifting snow flakes around you.

The night will come soon and you have to decide whether you try to reach the mountains tonight or wait for the morning.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo stops from catching snowflakes on his tongue for a moment, "It getting cold and dark. We need to catch up. Goblins keep running when humans stop for sleep. Red Bird probably do the same. Red Bird can't be close or there'd be no snow, so Mobo thinks we keep running at his heels."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I am good marching for a while. Will need to rest at some point.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"My feet are tired. And that tricky man might come and try ambush us... we could use the light to set up a proper camp."


[ooc]Camp or no camp, that's the question here! :)[/oo]


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

No camp, Atty is outvoted

"Ok ok, march on..." he drags his feet a while, before just getting on with the job of walking.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

We pause long enough to cook up the mega-gar as Attalas looked hungry and didn't seem to think that eating it raw was a good idea.

Then onward.


You cross the distance to the mountains in under two hours, the snow flurry becomes a bit stronger, but you have no greater problems following the tracks.

After you have climbed the last knoll, a dark gorge lies before you that leads deeper into the mountains.

Perception DC 20 or knowledge history Dc 15:

The gorge is a perfect place for an ambush with archers positioned on the sides and a melee fighters barring the middle and others hidden in the hills to attack from behind.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"This look like good place for goblin camp."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 <- Jez blindly continues walking, oblivious to any possible dangers.


M Human Evangelist 6

Good thing

Images of the halflings and there boulders from before play in Ragncvalds mind as he considers the tall gorge. Shrugging off his pack the large man starts pulling furs and a large thick blanket out.

[ooc]Donning winter outfit.

"Let's camp for the night and move on first thing in the morning. It's out of reach now. Let the fools waiting in ambush freeze to death."


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 16

"Whats a Goblin Camp?" The Ogre enquires of Mobo.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Good place for ambush. That gorge be good spot to raid caravans, shooters up high with oil or arrows, stabbers down below." Mobo points to the places as he describes.

"We sleep in there and we wake up slaves or lunch, or we no wake up. Unless Red Bird just another dumb human with eyes that see too short."


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Knowledge: History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Mobo could be right. If we want to rest, we should probably backtrack a bit and look for a place to hide, ourselfs. The ywill probably send a patrol before they start freezing to death


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Hmmm good ideas. I can hide and pretend to be a tree"


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

That works even better if surrounded by other trees.


Back to the forest edge?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Yep! :)


The forest edge offers enough shelter to protect you from the snow and the cold. And when the next grey morning dawns you still feel a bit tired and your feet ache, but at least you had the opportunity to regenerate a bit during the night.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kosti, his clothes not completely dries due to the weather, looks a bit miserable, but still does his best to prepare his spells.

spells:

0:Detect Magic, Daze, Acid splash, Prestidigitation
1:Mage Armor, Magic Missile x2, Color Spray
2:Scorching Ray, Invisibility

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo rolls out of his giant sock in a groggy somersault, stretches, and begins to pack up his gear.

After munching on gar and venison, Mobo shakes himself and gets ready to look for the trail through the gorge.

"Snow either gonna cover tracks, or show 'em if he moved after."

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Survival 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez gets up and stretches appearing completely unaffected by the cold morning. Resistance 5 to Cold.
She then picks up her blade, straps it on, dons her armor and joins Mobo to see how breakfast is.

That is why we have you the Master Tracker.


M Human Evangelist 6

Rearranging spells.

Grinning broadly into the grey morning Ragnvald breathes deeply in. "Closest I've been to home in a long time. Break your fast and pray to your gods! We have spring to chase!"


After you have wolfed down your breakfast (pikes?!), you walk dback to the gorge, but you don't get very far, on the next knoll, an elf clad in a long red cload, red leather armour and having a broad two handed sword to his back, waits. His long blonde hair is flowing in the wind and judging from the snowflakes on his cloak and hair, he has been standing there for quite a while.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Greetings, traveller. Might I inquire what fate does it take to bring an elven warrior like you to stand on this near deserted road while the winds already bear the tides of winter?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas starts looking about for this fellows friends. Only an eedjit would stand in the open like that.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez loosens the bindings on her weapon, but does not draw it at this time. She peers about trying to determine whether there are any others waiting in the bushes.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Well met travellers...may I ask what brings you into this barren land? I hope you know the stories of the Jarl of the North Wind? If not, I would recommend you go back to where you come from. turning to Kosti, he answers I'm only a traveller myself.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

The story of Jarl of the North Wind? Is that the one where an overconfident thug attempts to overpower a group of peaceful wanderers only to discover the wanderers are actually a wild bunch of mercenaries with the end result being that the Jarl gets his butt kicked?


M Human Evangelist 6

Hrmmmm might Ragnvald know the story?

Cheliax

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo eyes the elf, his hand on Boomstick.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"You the Red Bird we chasing? We can't go back, got poofed here. Loooong way. Me know story of Yarull of North Wind. Big fat goblin chief. Very gassy."


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

While our task forbids us to just turn around, I would very much like you to tell us of that Jarl. The more we know of the road that lies ahead of us, the better our chance to make the journey.


Ragnvald:

You remeber the name...as far as you know, the Jarl of the North Wind is a djinn or efreet who was banned from his homelands and found shelter among the jotuns of your homeland. Here he became one of their greatest warlord before betraying them (you can't remember the details of thze betrayal) He had to flee from the Land of the Linnorm Kings, but no one in your homeland knows where he went.

The elf gives a bell-like laughter

The Red Raven? Yes, I know him, but surely I'm not him. You will find him further north, beyond the gorge...in the icy prison of the Jarl. He rules the mountains you see and nothing can escape his frosty grip...nothing but Azurestone because of the Vernal Key.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

And who are you sir? What brings you here?


M Human Evangelist 6

"And so we bring the spring to the winter in some vain attempt make the winter flee." Ragnvald shakes his head. "Fools. The JArl of the Northwind commanded an army of giants in a land where kings are born by the sword and axe. And what does a bandit prince have to do with him?"


M Human Evangelist 6

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Sense Motive


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas just looks about, still unsire what to make of the fellow.

2,501 to 2,550 of 3,652 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.