Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre

Game Master Wellard


951 to 1,000 of 2,782 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

How many giant bane arrows can Romon score?

I'm kind of embarassed, 'cause I remember when you suggested them and I thought it was a good idea, but forgot to actually buy some myself.


Probably just the one as it would make more sense for the dedicated archers to take 3 each


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Waiting to see if the scouts bring back any other news of significance. If not...

Esteriande directs the party to take up hidden positions on either side of the trail, ensuring all are out of sight. Her tactic is fairly simple, if the ogres chase her, she will ride back down the trail and halt at the end. They can launch a volly of arrows at the ogres as they chase Esteriande, while Muchorak can move from hiding onto the trail behind them to close the trap and bar their escape.

She wants the archers to concentrate on the lead and trailing ogres to help hem them in, and walk their missiles back into the centre. Cutting down as many as possible before they can close to where their ogre-hooks can dish out serious damage is the order of the day.

Meanwhile, Alli will drop some fireballs on the wooden buildings, which should set the cat among the pigeons for the ogres in the keep. While they are panicing about putting out said fires, the party can advance to the waterfall and enter the secret tunnels while Shelalu and the Black Arrows launch a diversionary attack on the north gate. Esteriande does not want them to risk themselves unduly, if they can draw out any ogres to the forest where they can pick them off, great, but the attack is primarily to help get the party inside the walls unnoticed.

Once everyone is in position and understands their role, Esteriande mounts up on Greyfog and rides openly toward the keep. Her sword is sheathed but she carried her bow strung. if nothing happens, she will pull up approximately a hundred yards from the gate.

"Hail ze fort!" She calls out cheerfully, and waits for some sign that she has been heard.

"It 'as come to my attention zat an uncouth and rowdy club* of ogres 'as taken up residence in ze castle of Fort Rannick with much violence and treachery. I 'ave come to inform you zat if you do not surrender, repent of your sins, and leave ze Fort at once great peril will come your way, and your lives will be in grave danger!"

Esteriande pauses, watching the fort closely. Readied action: Turn and ride if they sally forth! Otherwise she has the gloves to deal with projectiles.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Scouting rolls:

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27
Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20
Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 +4 more v traps
Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 +4 more v traps
Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 +4 more v traps

Wellard:
Before splitting up Romon gives the Black arrows a tangle foot bag and a thunderstone on the sly. "Good shooting."

Waiting for the ambush:

He finds a nice spot in the woods behind a double-trunked tree. He stands a half dozen arrows in the ground for easy access while shooting. Then he lounges against the tree while he waits for the show to begin.

When Esteriande departs to make her ultimatum, Romon's eyes follow her. Desna grant her luck.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai finds a spot along the side of the road that has generous undergrowth for camoflage and is near enough so that he can sprint back to the road quickly.

Stealth for hiding (not sure if there are bonuses for time spent or if he can take 20)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ahhh, ok, I was thinking we were hoping for a bigger battle here on the road. If this is just to be a diversionary tactic, if it's alright, I'd like to Retcon Ali's actions a bit. She'll still cast the long lasting Barkskin on Little Bear, Lunas but she'll save the other spells until later when they're not likely to run out unused. Only difference being she will also cast Barkskin on herself this time. That fly with you Wellard?

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

And so it begins, Marak thinks, with a bemused smile and Esteriande's 'diversion.'

The lore of Nethys allows him to cast forth his spirit, and bind it once more to his Shoanti companion, so that his own life-force will bolster that of the warrior.

shield other on Muchorak


Really Ali saw more than anyone else..and the retcon is ok with me..

There is a slight delay and then an ogre appears on the wall..he stares in disbelief at Esteriande sitting there on her horse then shouts something down into the gatehouse.

Another 3 ogres show themselves.. they argue amongst themselves for a minute then three off them vanish below and the fourth picks up a light ballista.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"'Ave you no voices?" Esteriande calls to them, eyeing the ballista. The prospect downs on her that they may shoot Greyfog rather than her, and takes a firm control on the reins with the hand that holds her bow. "If you attack, I shall take zat as a 'no'," she adds cheerfully.

"Zat will not go so well for you."

Not sure if the gloves of arrow snaring will allow a deflect arrows attempt on a shot aimed at Greyfog, or if Combat Expertise will assist Esteriande against missile fire is she isn't in melee, but she will attempt both if they are possible.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Assuming Naria can see what is happening
"So uh did anyone account on these guys having ranged weapons of there own?" Naria asks while casting haste on the black arrows and Shaelu


@Esteriande..No and No.

The ogre takes aim and losses the bolt at Greyfog the bolt digs into the ground and he utters a string off curses as he respans the ballista

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

At the same time his comrades burst out through the gates..


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande calmly draws back an arrow and lets fly at the ogre on the walls.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"Your Mozzer was an 'amster and your father smelled of elderberries!*" she taunts the ogres. Then she wheels Greyfog and rides away from the gates opening the range to 350 feet, not enough that they realise she will outrun them, but enough that they can't quite get her next round with luck...

* it sounds better in Galt.**
** where it is a deadly insult. Really.


But not as deadly as calling them"Electric Donkey Bottom Biters"

Esteriandes arrow bounces off the stonework and she turns Greyfog using her knees only and rides off down the path.

The orgres pound over the bridge at speed [running] and close the distance to 200 feet


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

There she goes. It won't be long now. Romon touches nock to bowstring.

Or "miserable fat Belgian bastards"*

* No offense met to any fine residents of Belgium or their descendants. It's a quote.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

As she sees the Wolfkiller fire on Esteriande and its kin begin to chase her Alihawk screeches in anger and drops the two fire balls on the targets she was indicated to.

So basically just flying with free action to drop. Icky, I'll let you roll the damage as I don't know which ones you gave her


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Alisebett wrote:

As she sees the Wolfkiller fire on Esteriande and its kin begin to chase her Alihawk screeches in anger and drops the two fire balls on the targets she was indicated to.

So basically just flying with free action to drop. Icky, I'll let you roll the damage as I don't know which ones you gave her

Damage for Fireballs (DEATH FROM ABOVE!)

1)6d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4, 5, 1, 1) = 21

2)6d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 2, 1, 1) = 17

Inikai readies himself for the ogres to arrive.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande glances back and looses another shaft at the now very distant ogre on the battlements.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

She rides on another fifty feet, sliding her bow away as she does so.


I'm not certain which buildings were the targets off the firebombing raid..


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

The wooden barracks and the stables.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria gets ready to start blasting Ogres


The small hawk come in from out off the sun in a perfect bombing run across the forts central coutyard..first the stables then the barrcks are rocked by the concussion off the fire balls and both buildings begin to smoulder slightly

By Raw you only did 5 damage on the stables and 3 on the barracks not enough to 'break' either off them and it's been wet so I dont think they are blazing..but if unattended.

The ogres stop at the 'WHUMMF' off the fireballs and seem to be arguing amongst themselves


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande spins about and looses another arrow at the largest of her pursuers.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Now you fear me!" she taunts them. "Stunted little offspring of true giants, you are not able to catch and stop one leetle elf-woman!"


One off the ogres grunts as the arrow hits him.They turn to follow Esteriande but a horn blast from the fort makes them turn and start trotting back towards the gate.

Shalelu nods to Jakandros jerks her head and they and the other Arrows head off at accelerated speed through the trees to cause the diversion.

Ali

Spoiler:
You seem to have stirred up a hornets nest..lots of ogres(maybe 50 or more) rush out off the buildings looking around for the source of the fire..none off them look up in the sky


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande rides back under the cover of the trees.

"Zat was an error, we delivered ze fire too soon. My friends, we 'ad better get to ze caves as soon as we can while zeir attention is on ze ozzers."


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

"It seems that the ogres are better organized than we thought. There is probably someone more intelligent than they are who directs them. In any cast, I have a few more fire missiles that Ali can drop on their heads."


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon steps to the edge of the trees lining the road. His eyes are long with disappointment. He had been looking forward to an old fashioned ogre shoot.

"Off to the caves, then?" Without really waiting for an answer, he starts to trot toward the cave entrance.

A second bombing run is a great idea. Terrorist tactics 201. Smack the emergency response teams when they reach the scene of the first bomb.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

"Let's get her to do them, now, while we make our entrance to the caves - it should keep them distracted," Esteriande agrees as they begin their trek toward the waterfall, trying to keep out of sight as much as possible from the Fort. Assuming we are leaving our horses in a safe location.

Strealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai offers two 4d6 fireballs if she wants to go on another bombing run.

If not he follows the others into the caves.

Stealth
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

"You sure this is wise?" Naria asks as she follows the others.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

"C'mon. What are you worried about?" Romon replies. "They're ogres. As long as we're not punching toe to toe how bad could it be?"


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

After her bombing run and witnessing the results, Alihawk quickly wings her way back to the others. Flowing to Gnome just before landing she hits the ground trotting along with the others. "Ali drop balls, but they no make fire on buildings yet. Many many many ogers come out to look. Maybe five packs like our new pack, or more!"

When Inikai offers her the next set of fire balls she nods and goes through the same routine, again diving out of the sun, this time dropping the fire weapons on the largest group(s) of milling Ogres.

4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 4) = 19
4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 3, 1) = 11


Ali delivers her payload ah I love the smell of Naptha in the morning

Over a dozen ogres are hit by the scorching fire and a shower off arrows from the north diverts their attention away from the small hawk. Under cover off the confusion you manage to make your way through the trees to the point closest to the tunnel entrance.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Alisebett wrote:

After her bombing run and witnessing the results, Alihawk quickly wings her way back to the others. Flowing to Gnome just before landing she hits the ground trotting along with the others. "Ali drop balls, but they no make fire on buildings yet. Many many many ogers come out to look. Maybe five packs like our new pack, or more!"

"That is a small army of ogres". Inikai is starting to have second thoughts about this.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande scans the battlements for any sight of the ogre with the ballisa.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon keeps moving toward the cave. He knows the diversion won't last forever.

Fast stealth and trap spotting.

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21
Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 +4 more against traps

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak follows with what speed he can muster, shield raised above his head to try and block any missile fire that comes his way.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

After her second bombing run is completed, Alihawk swiftly wings her way over to her companions. For the moment, she remains in winged form, flying above her packmates thus allowing her height to give her an advantage in looking out for any potential threats.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


The ogres seem to think the attack is coming from the north..there is a lot off shouting..partly in pain..and Ali can see chiefs or subchiefs attempting to organise something from the chaos.

The Ogre with the ballista seems to have moved along the wall to look for the attackers there.


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

As Alli flies close, Esteriande nods to her and gestures to the waterfall.

"Time to go!" Esteriande tells the others, and leads the dash across the open ground to the waterfall. She skirts the pool as far as she can and then wades through and under the curtain of water.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Naria follows Est's lead.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Alihawk follows as well, at the last moment changing to wolf form. However it is a form none of the others have seen before.

Instead of the small but compact & powerful gray wolf they had all seen countless times before, landing amongst them on the other side of the waterfall with a heavy splash is a big charcoal gray wolf with glowing red eyes. It is even bigger than Lunas and bulges with amazing musculature. It's shoulder on a level with Romon's own, the four-legged killer is able to almost stare eye to eye with the rogue.

As the massive predator glances around at the various reactions of it's packmates it suddenly flows back into Gnome form. A small impish smile on her face Ali shrugs her shoulders and says simply "Ali bigger now." and as the impish smile flows into a grin, she flows back to dire wolf form, her fierce, gleaming jaws gaping open in the wolf equivalent of a smile.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Ali's transformation causes Inikai to involuntarily tense up for a moment. Embarassed, he hopes that no one noticed.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Confronted face to face, Romon takes a step back from the big Aliwolf, and his hand drops to his best dagger. Then she switches back and forth and he relaxes a little. He wheels his hand back up in a friendly wave to cover the initial reaction. But when he turns his back on her to walk deeper into the caves his back prickles right between his shoulder blades.

Werewolf. Big effing werewolf. I am so glad I didn't get tangled too deep with that. Never have a girlfriend who's stronger and faster than you. Well, much stronger and faster.


The floor of this cave is dotted with puddles.

Patches of pale moss and fungus grow in sheets on the wall, while to the north, a five-foot-wide passageway angles up into darkness. A walkway of
soggy planks leads from this opening southeast tothe opening by which you entered curtained by cascades of falling water.

Lunas and Ursus shake themselves dry getting everyone wet again.

A DC 12 acrobatics check from everyone please as this is a very slippery floor.


Female Halfling lvl 10 sorceror (Arcane)

Acrobatics

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Acrobatics
1d20 ⇒ 2

Inikai tries to leap from board to board and succeeds in landing on wet stone, his foot slips out from under him and he falls hard on his back with a grunt.


He's got pointed ears, like Spock. // AC 17, FF 14, T 15 // HP 68/73 // F,R,W 7,11,4 // Percept 14 + // Init +4

Romon skips through the room, avoiding puddles. He's seen small carriages disappear into puddles in the streets of Magnimar. Maybe that's an exaggeration. But he has seen men step into puddles up to their knees.

He examines the walls to see if they are slippery or dry enough to climb.

Acrobatics : Take 10 for a 26? or 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Karma, baby.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Ali Acro: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Lunas Acro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Not that it matters here, but don't 4 leggers get a +4 bonus or something on trip/falling prone?

Hardly noticing as the soak the others by drying themselves, DireAliwolf and Lunas pad quietly forward along with Romon into the passageway, stepping carefully to avoid slipping.

As they move their senses are primed for any hint of danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 +Scent
Lunas Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 +Scent

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Lunas Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Qadira

Human 10th Cleric of Nethys | AC 21/T 12/FF 15, CMD 20, HP 103 / 103, F+12, R +7, W+15, Per +8, Init +6

Marak softly calls upon Nethys to guide his steps and proceeds with deliberate haste.

guidance-assisted Acrobatics check, DC 12 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Female Elf Paladin (Swift Justice) 10 | AC26/T19/FF18 CMD30 HP86/86 F+10/R+11/W+10 Per+15 (Low Light) Init +7

Esteriande moves on careful feet through the paddles toward the tunnel.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

"A little light, my friends?" she suggests softly.

951 to 1,000 of 2,782 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Wellards Hook Mountain Massacre All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.