Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign - Chp1:The Smugglers Shiv (Inactive)

Game Master terok

With the defeat of the dark Dryad and surviving many of the islands others challenges, the party is well on their way to becoming the Shiv's masters...only Ieana stands in their way...


301 to 350 of 3,325 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

You are correct, the crit does confirm, 16 points of damage.

The creatures takes a large chunk of Antons shoulder with it, blood gushing from his massive wound. His eyes roll into the back of his head before he drops to the ground, unconscious.

Tragershen is up in the surprise round.

BTW, you have your weapons out from the noise...you just didn't knnow where the were coming from until the last second, this the surprise round.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Aha! That might or might not change things. Just the day before last (in game time), Anton committed to treating his lucerne hammer as his default weapon. (He's a learner.) Slight retcon for the surprise round:

Unable to tell where the odd noises are coming from, Anton automatically reaches for his trusty polearm. As two of the bizarre batbirds close, he tries to take advantage of his greater reach, though he only has time to strike at one before they're both upon him.

AoO with lucerne hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage - Miss

Sadly, he's too unprepared for the direction they came from, too startled by their strange appearance, and too unused to fighting flying creatures. His swing whooshes through empty air, and he doesn't get another chance before their swift, brutal attack sends him to the brink of death.


Tragershen swapped out Detect Magic for Mending.

Tragershen, still recovering from his illness, is slow to react at the appearance of the creature. When he is finally able to register the threat, he lets his rapier fly at the creature.

To hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 2

Fortunately, the arcane trick he uses to sling his weapon at foes automatically brings it back to him; otherwise he'd be spending the rest of the night searching the jungle for it.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

I just realized that Anton's AoO never happened -- and he didn't even need to be diseased for the crit to confirm -- because he hadn't acted yet and was flat-footed. I always forget that one. Final revision:

Although warned by the odd noises and holding his trusty polearm, Anton is still caught by surprise by the suddenness of the batbirds' attack. Spinning to face their swift movement, he is unable to bring his lucerne hammer to bear before one of them ravages his shoulder with its toothy jaws, sending him to the brink of death with a single strike.


Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

A... a dimorphodon! Be careful, it can weaken you with its poisonous bite!

Thanks Anton. I have family staying with us, limiting my time to read as carefully as I should...


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim watches as the flying creatures swoop in upon the group with startling speed. ?! How far are we from the treeline? Just trying to get an idea of their speed. :)
Knowledge (nature) check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 success

Dimorphodons! Beware their poisonous bite!

Seeing Anton fall to the beast's vicious attack, Nim commands Wicewakan to defend the fallen halfling with a gesture. Handle animal check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 success Wicewakan immediately responds by moving to Anton move action to I 12 and standing over him while growling menacingly. readied action spoilered below

Wicewakan's readied action rolls:

Wicewakan defends Anton with his teeth...
Wicewakan standard action bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
...baring his teeth and growling loudly but snapping harmlessly at the Dimorphodon as it passes.

Gripping his spear tightly, Nim likewise moves alongside the stricken ranger move action to J 11 and readies himself to strike when one of the creatures comes within range. readied action spoilered below

Nim's readied action rolls:

As the Dimorphodon streaks in, Nim crouches slightly before thrusting his spear upwards with tremendous force...
Nim standard action attack w/ spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
...skewering the creature upon his weapon!

Nim calls out to the others, Rally together! Get back to back and defend each other!

Unless they have more than just Flyby Attack, we should hopefully get some AoO on them as they pass! PS. I hate how fly lets you change direction each round regardless of skill. :P

AoO rolls(when/if needed):

Wicewakan tries to bite the flying menace as it passes...
Wicewakan standard action bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
...by finds nothing but air.

Nim swings his spear in a wide arc, hoping to catch the beast as it flies by...
Nim standard action attack w/ spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
...and strikes it solidly!

Current status (surprise round):
Nim -- AC: 15 HP: 13 of 13
Wicewakan -- AC: 14 HP: 14 of 14

Gah! Just realized as I was posting that this is a surprise round. Please disregard the moves... Nim and Wice will both ready actions (as spoilered above) to attack any Dimorphodons that come within range (including making AoO as they are triggered).


Nora jerks her head this way and that as the creatures emerge and warnings are cast around the group. "Don't Panic!" she yells, more for the benefit of the others than the party members. She moves herself away from the creatures towards the centre of the group.

During the Surprise round Nora will move to I13


Order of Combat Round 2:
Dimorphodons 23
Anton 19
Tragershen 7
Corbrius 6
Nim 4a
Wik 4b
Nora 3

The Dimorphodons disappear into the jungle although you catch glimpses of them banking...possibly for another run against the group...


Nora draws out a dagger and says what might be obvious "Stay together, they are going to come around for another pass, don't separate..." she begins muttering an incantation to her God, a lingering pulse of divine blessing shimmering forth like a barely remembered autumn night.

Alright, so unless conditions radically change she will be using her move action during the actual round to draw a dagger and her standard Action to cast Bless... but all poetic like..


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim and Wic will move as previously posted... the rest remains the same. :)

Happy New Year everyone!


Anton, need a stabilization check as you bleed out.
Tragershen and Corbrius are up to end the round.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

free action speech Nora! See to Anton's wounds! We'll keep the beasts off of you as best we can!


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 2
HP -5/11, diseased (-2 Dex), dying (-1 HP/round)

Anton lies senseless, his life's blood soaking the jungle floor.

DC 10 Con check to stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 1 - 5 = 7 Fail, -1 HP for -6/11


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Earlier that same day...

Anton noted that Gelik and Jask were the most distant of the castaways, and resolved to do his best to get them to open up. Wishing once again that he had Nora's skill with people, he went and tried anyway. With a significant chance of worsening their attitude to us, I don't dare do more than attempt to Aid a Nora, but here's some RP anyway.

First, Anton approaches Jask, hoping that he still remembers who freed him... wow. Has it only been four days? Amazing. So, how's it going, freeman? He offers a halfling* fist bump. We all appreciate the good work that you've been doing, keeping people healthy in such difficult circumstances. Sure, Aerys got sick anyway; but Nora wasn't able to keep Tragershen and me from getting sick, and she has every advantage.

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to find some good wood for someone to make a holy symbol of Nethys, but I've been swamped just keeping everyone fed. First chance I get, I'll take it, I promise. Anton smiles, leans forward, and gives a conspiratorial wink. And then maybe you can tell us more about why you were in chains in the first place.

Aid Another with Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Feeling optimistic about the exchange he just had with Jask, Anton visits with Gelik next. It's always a nice change to not have to look up when he talks to the gnome, though Gelik's uncharacteristic shabbiness is a sharp reminder of all that the castaways lost. Gnomes love novelty. Maybe I can use that to make him see what he still has to give?

Say, friend. On the ship, you were really good with the jokes and the storytelling. Foul as it was, I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life as when you told that one about the baroness, the man-at-arms and the three-legged dog. I really miss my tomtoms, but I'm not a real musician, and you're so creative. Do you think that you could help me improvise something? Find random objects that will make fun sounds when I hit them?

Aid Another with Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 19

* As long as there's no objection, I'm declaring that the dap became a cultural tradition of halflings due to their living alongside humans for all of recorded history. Many human men enjoyed demonstrating their superior strength by squeezing too hard in handshakes, so halflings just stopped doing them.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius shakes away his sudden surprise as the Dimorphodons disappear and steps closer to Gelik his rapier (Asilande) sparkling momentarily as he does. 5' step to g15 swift action to enhance Asilande to +1 Gelik stay behind me in case they come round again for another attack.

Corbius prepares to strike at any Dimorphodon that comes within reach. Readied action attack

Readied Attack Rolls:

As the Dimorphodon flys by Corbius whips Asilande across it's body..
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
..leaving behind a large ragged gash.

AOO Rolls if needed:

Corbius strikes at the creature as it passes by..
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
..only to flail Asilande harmlessly in the air.

Current Status
AC 18
HP 9/9
Enhanced Asilande +1 9 more rounds
Arcane Pool 3


I'm going to take a chance and start casting Sleep, hoping to have a grouping to target it on when it is ready to go, and hoping not to be taken down in the process...


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Happy New Year, everybody!! I think that's everyone, so here's hopin'...

Round 3, after the dimorphodons
HP -6/11, diseased (-2 Dex), dying (-1 HP/round), unconscious

Anton lies on the ground looking remarkably similar to how he looked a few seconds ago, which is to say dying. You can tell by the blood gushing from the horrible wound where the once-agile halfling used to have a shoulder.

DC 10 Con check to stabilize: 1d10 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 6 = -2 Fail, -1 HP for -7/11


Order of Combat Round 3:
Nim 23a
Wik 23b
Corbrius 23c
Dimorphodons 23d,e
Anton 19
Tragershen 7
Nora 3

The Dimorphodons indeed return, driven into a frenzy by the smell of the bloodied halfling, two trying to get to him coming in from the West while the last one comes in from the Northeast banking west continues to attack Gelik....

The two from the West land next to the halfling, the only thing saving his life from being finished is the attack on the Dimorphodon in I10 from Nim that gets their attention.

Nim's readied action goes off and hits the creature in I10 for 13 points putting it down. His init is moved to just before the creatures.

Corbius' readied action goes off and hits the creature in F10 for 7 points injuring it. His init is moved to just before the creatures.

Attack on Nim:
bite atk 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 dam 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Hit since he is attacking two handed

Attack on Gelik:
bite atk 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 dam 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Miss

The attack is too much for Gelik and he runs and lays on the ground next to Ishirou behind Tragershen babling in fear...Nim takes a moderate wound for his efforts while te lucky Gnome is missed again.

Round 3 Map

Anton bleeds out some more...Tragershen releases a sleep on to one of the creatures

After you choose which one, save result:

Willpower Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 and he puts the creature to sleep

Nora is up after Tragershen states his action.


"I'm on it!" Nora yells, dancing to get closer to Anton and lay her hand on the fallen halfling, channeling divine energy into her fallen comrade.

Nora will move to J12 and sponatenously cast a cure light wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 points of healing

Current Status: hp 9/9, Blessed


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Yay, thank you!! And did you see the RP above? I'm mixing timeframes.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 4 (after Tragershen and Nora have acted)

Wicewakan straddles the still prone, and heavily wounded ranger protectively while snapping at the Dimorphodon with its teeth... move action to I 11 and standard action attack w/bite +bless at J 10: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4 ...but once again finds his prey elusive.

Nim doesn't seem to notice his own wound as he thrusts his spear at the Dimorphodon, while bellowing, You will find no easy meal here today! standard action attack w/spear +bless at J 10: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 ...stabbing it in the neck and spraying more blood upon the sand.

Current status (round 4):
Nim -- AC: 15 HP: 9 of 13
Wicewakan -- AC: 14 HP: 14 of 14
bless


BTW I will be on vacation this week. I will have internet access but will be in Disney with the family so posting will probably be only 1-2 times per day at best.

Don't forget to post any other RP you have for your day back at the camp.


Targeting the one in F10 with the Sleep spell. DC 15.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 4 after Nim, Wicewakan, Corbius, and the Dimorphodons
HP 1/11, diseased (-2 Dex)

Anton's eyes try to focus. He doesn't remember his berth ceiling looking so furry... it's a body. He isn't on a ship, he's... where? He looks to the side, seeing roots and trees and leaves. A jungle. An island, he remembers. He tries to shake off the confusion, and then it hits. Hrngg... From long experience as a scout in Molthune's army, he automatically suppresses what would otherwise be a scream of pain.

I'll write up the rest after it's closer to my turn.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round 4 After Nim

Corbius watches as the Dimorphodon flaps away only to hear Tragershan mutter some words of power and see it plummet to the earth. With a quick glance towards Nim to see that he is got things in hand he races towards where the one fell out of the sky before it awakens.

Double move action to G11 (I assume it is difficult terrain)

Round 5 action:

Assuming the fall from the sky does not awaken the Dimorphodon

Corbius approaches the sleeping creature and thrusts his rapier through it's throat..
Coup de gras on Dimorphodon automatic critical. 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Total damage =17 ..pinning it to the ground with his rapier.

If the fall from the sky awakens the Dimorphodon then.. Just die you stupid little beast! as he thrusts at the Dimorphodon..
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
..striking it through the torso with another thrust.

Current Status:


AC 18
HP 9/9
Enhanced Asilande +1 8 more rounds
Arcane Pool 3
Blessed


Nim finishes the beast next to him...Tragershen sleeps the one flying away...unfortunately the fall
fall of 10' 1d6 ⇒ 5 is enough to wake the beast....but it is enough time for Corbrius to make his way over to attack the creature laying on the ground...it is injured but still alive.

It flops up striking back at Corbrius...
fall of 10' 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 misses

Order of Combat Round 4:
Nim 23a gone
Wik 23b gone
Corbrius 23c gone
Dimorphodons 23e gone
Anton 19
Tragershen 7
Nora 3

Anton is up and then the rest...


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 4 continued
HP 1/11, diseased (-2 Dex), bless

Still woozy, Anton notices a batbird lying dead next to him -- no, a dimorphodon they called it -- Nim's spear dripping its blood on the ground. There was yelling; that was probably what woke him up. (I know, he could've been awake on Nora's action last round, but this is more dramatic.) He hears Corbius's distinctive tread followed by a hiss and a snap of toothy jaws, but no sound of an impact or cry of pain.

Owww. I need to get up! No wait, that would just make me an easy target. I need to stay down! I think I'll just lie here for a moment. Shout if you need me.


Have a blast at Disney! Truly an amazing place, especially if you have small children!

Double move to H12 and ready his rapier along the way.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Tragershen and Nora are up. Also,

DM Stephen wrote:

BTW I will be on vacation this week. I will have internet access but will be in Disney with the family so posting will probably be only 1-2 times per day at best.

Don't forget to post any other RP you have for your day back at the camp.

So don't wait long for prompting, and don't hesitate to roleplay.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

*bump*


Nora follows her own advice and stays close to the others, looking at the remain two(?) flying creatures as they move in their respective paths. She quickly shifts her position just enough to hack at the one in from of Nim with her Dagger.

Moves to K11 and attacks 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 for 1d4 ⇒ 2 damage

Her long swings don't appear to be that effective however.


Tragershen wrote:

Have a blast at Disney! Truly an amazing place, especially if you have small children!

Double move to H12 and ready his rapier along the way.

Weird. I posted and it showed in Tragershen's posting history, but not in the actual thread.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3
Nora Kettlesmith wrote:

Nora follows her own advice and stays close to the others, looking at the remain two(?) flying creatures as they move in their respective paths. She quickly shifts her position just enough to hack at the one in from of Nim with her Dagger.

Moves to K11 and attacks d20+1 for 1d4 damage

Her long swings don't appear to be that effective however.

Nim got the one in I10 with a readied action in round 3, then the one in J10 in round 4. (He's a combat machine.) All that's left is the one in F10 that took some falling damage when Tragershen put it to sleep in mid-flight, and now Corbius is next to it with Tragershen right behind him. (I'm still lying beneath Wicewakan due to only having 1 HP.)

Also, I hope that you'll address the RP with Jask and Gelik at some point! I understand that people can still be very busy (see for example our DM on vacation), but I didn't dare do more than Aid Another with having an untrained +0. It'll go to waste if no one does anything.

As for posting weirdness, neither threads' updates show up for me in RSS. Not only is the island haunted, but the campaign might be too. :o


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Just the one at F 10 is alive Nora. Wounded but alive.

And I haven't seen that forum bug in a while Trager. I hope it isn't returning. :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by the halfling. :)

And yes, that is Nim's purpose. :)


Top of round 5 people are up....assume Nora moves to the other Dimorphodon in F10 and attacks it...and misses.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius avoids the snapping jaws and thrusts his rapier..Standard attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Confirm Critical:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 ..through the throat of the beast in a spray of blood.

Ripping his sword free Corbius turns to see the other beasts already taken care of. Asilande you did well today. Corbius whispers to his sword cleaning the blood from it's surface.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim raises a single eyebrow at Corbius conversing with his rapier. He looks at his own spear but says nothing to it while shrugging his shoulders.

;)

Nim draws his dagger before methodically removing the heads from the two downed dino birds near him, ensuring they are dead before gesturing for Corbius to do the same. He then calls out to the others, Nora can you tend to Anton? Anyone else injured? We should regroup in case there are any more about... Nim's eyes scan the treeline looking for any other threats.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Well, that sounded final. Anton scoots out from beneath Wicewakan and retrieves his polearm from the island floor, leaning on it some.

Looking at the dead dimorphodons, he gives a big grin. Huh. I hope they're edible. With every bite, I'll be giving thanks to not be the one getting eaten. It'll be one of the most satisfying meals I ever had.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius acknowledges Nim and quickly sheathes Asilande and draws out his dagger and proceeds to remove the head of the Dimorphodon at his feat if somewhat less skillfully then Nim.

Carrying the corpse over to Nim and drops it next to the others. Looks like flying lizard stew for dinner to me. He says with a smirk.

Corbius then walks over to where Gelik is cowering. It is all over Gelik they are dead and you are not in danger anymore. Are you hurt at all? Tragershen says they are poisonous so if you are bitten you need to let Nora take a look at you. Corbius places his hand on his shoulder in a comforting manner.


Anton:

Need two Fort saves for STR poison

All remains quiet as you skin and gut the beasts. You likely have enough to feed the group for two days although Nim has heard that these beast are not good eating.

Busy right now but feel free to finish up some RP :) and then I will have a bigger post tonight.


Gelik's lip trembles with fear...This jungle is going to kill all of us...how are we going to survive this!


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

DM Stephen:
Fort saves:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


The rest of the castways except for Jask and Sasha also seem to be looking around, fear easily read in their eyes.

The rest of the evening goes quietly and no other incidents happen.

I am still not sure I have an in camp watch order, someone please provide one.

The night passes quietly and you have your second chance at a day to try and accomplish something other than maintenance of the camp or hunting. What are your plans for the day? There is the other wreck or exploration of the jungle?

Anton:
Need one more Fort save with a +4 from Nora.

DM Only:

Encounter Dawn 1d100 ⇒ 99
Encounter noon 1d100 ⇒ 56
Encounter Dusk 1d100 ⇒ 92
Encounter Midnight 1d100 ⇒ 71
Willpower Save Aerys 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Willpower Save Gelik 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Willpower Save Ishirou 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Willpower Save Jask 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Willpower Save Sasha 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

DM Stephen:
1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13

As for my existing issue (pulsing puffs?), I went ahead and rolled the second Fort save earlier (counting from the first one, that I failed the morning of the 3rd of Lamashan). Just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the holiday shuffle, since it was so good. ;)

5th of Lamashan 4708

Anton gathers the other four adventurers away from the castaways. As much as I'm itching to explore that other shipwreck, the others fell apart in our absence. And we were only gone a day and a night. Without a holy symbol, Jask couldn't keep Ansha upright; most of them are unarmed and practically helpless; and Gelik can't use his storytelling skill to help keep up morale when he's the most frightened of all. It might feel to some of you like a waste of time, but with just a day of work, I think that we could leave this a much more safe and secure place to come back to when we need a rest from exploring.


OK, I am back and ready to go!
Hopefully everyone has recovered from the holiday and little break we have had and is good to start posting again normally.
Let me know if you are going to have any issues getting back to normal posting otherwise let's get the ball rolling. Things start to get a little more interesting once you get past the camp maintenance and initial exploration.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim snaps at Gelik, The jungle is not going to kill us all! Cease all the sniveling and whining! Grow some backbone! It is that kind of behavior that is going to cause your fears to realize! If we work together, look out for one another, there is nothing on this island we cannot overcome! Nim meets the eyes of each of the other castaways as he speaks.

Returning his attention to Gelik, You fancy yourself a story teller... how about coming up with a story of the brave ship wrecked group that survives and thrives on the jungle island? I much prefer it to the alternative....

more later...


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

At Anton's meeting away from the rest...
Nim waves his hand dismissively. Whatever you think will help alleviate their fears and raise morale... I grow tired of coddling them, but if you wish to spend another day around camp in the hopes that it will change their outlook, then so be it. I have no where better to be...

He then leaves Wicewakan at the edge of the camp watching the treeline for trouble before beginning to perform whatever tasks need doing or are asked of him. He works hard, in his customary efficiency, and in silence...

I am afraid you aren't going to receive much help from Nim in your efforts to improve morale... it is against his character... and his character sheet. :)

Ready to get the posting going full tilt again... hopefully so is everyone else. :)


Tragershen nods at Anton's words. Very well. One day. I will see what I can do, but I'm hardly a scintillating diplomat myself.

When he finds a moment during that day to speak to Gelik alone he'll say You are a brave gnome to say the things you have. Most of us here just swallow our fear and let it grow and fester inside. If that is allowed to happen, then our fears may indeed come true. I don't think you realize it, but most here actually look to you to speak for them, and it is up to you whether you speak words of hope or despair. For the sake of all of us, please consider that.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


Niɱ wrote:

Nim snaps at Gelik, The jungle is not going to kill us all! Cease all the sniveling and whining! Grow some backbone! It is that kind of behavior that is going to cause your fears to realize! If we work together, look out for one another, there is nothing on this island we cannot overcome! Nim meets the eyes of each of the other castaways as he speaks.

Returning his attention to Gelik, You fancy yourself a story teller... how about coming up with a story of the brave ship wrecked group that survives and thrives on the jungle island? I much prefer it to the alternative....

more later...

That's easy for you to say, you have skills in the outdoors, mine are in a tavern. You also have weapons all over you, what I am supposed to do, tell the monsters in these woods they are bad and to go away!

I know your type, let the defenseless fall while the strong thrive...not all of us are slayers of beasts!

He turns away from you an storms over to the other side of camp.


Tragershen wrote:


When he finds a moment during that day to speak to Gelik alone he'll say You are a brave gnome to say the things you have. Most of us here just swallow our fear and let it grow and fester inside. If that is allowed to happen, then our fears may indeed come true. I don't think you realize it, but most here actually look to you to speak for them, and it is up to you whether you speak words of hope or despair. For the sake of all of us, please consider that.

Diplomacy 1d20+0

Bah, your friend is right, I am not a brave man. If I was in a city where I could use my skills I would not fear as much. If you leave on an exploration and never come back I will be the first person they get rid of. I can't hunt, or make things and they have no love for me.

Maybe you are right though...I will try to keep my doubts to myself.

301 to 350 of 3,325 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign PBP Chapter 1: Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.