Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign - Chp1:The Smugglers Shiv (Inactive)

Game Master terok

With the defeat of the dark Dryad and surviving many of the islands others challenges, the party is well on their way to becoming the Shiv's masters...only Ieana stands in their way...


1,851 to 1,900 of 3,325 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

You lower yourselves without much difficulty into the darkness. Mihai's light, Aedalis' Dancing lights, an Anton's latern providing the much needed sources for cave exploration.
The smell of decay and brine are much stronger now that you are down here.
The uneven floor of this ten-foot-high cave is stained with blood and scattered with pieces of wood, fallen leaves, broken weapons, and in places, bits of bone. The hole in the ceiling leads out to the surface. One 5' wide passageway leads out of the east side of the chamber. You look around and see no hidden passwageways so you move to the next room or area...

The smell of decay is thick in the air of this wide but lowceilinged
cavern. To your right side, the ceiling drops down to little more than three feet in height over a region strewn with bones and bits of old flesh, while to the other, the ceiling bulges upward in a dome shape—six circular, pod-like alcoves line the walls of the cave at this side.

In the cave are 3 creatures...they snarl as you enter.

knowledge religion DC11:

They are Festrogs. Victims of ghoul fever sometimes rise not
as lacedons but as more feral undead creatures known as festrogs. They do not have the paralysis of their more powerful bretheren but do still retain powerful natural attacks.
They have Diseased Pustules (Su) A creature that damages a festrog with a slashing or piercing natural weapon, light weapon,or one-handed weapon is sprayed with foul, diseased pus from the creature’s boils. The target must make a DC 12 Fortitude save or be sickened for 1d6 rounds from this effect. Anyone who becomes sickened from this effect is
also exposed to filth fever (DC 12 Fortitude save negates).
The save DC is Charisma-based.

knowledge religion DC16:

Also have: Feed (Su) When a festrog inflicts bite damage on a living creature, the festrog feeds on the flesh and gains 5 temporary hit points.
Also: Four-Footed Run (Ex) If a festrog doesn’t hold or carry anything in its hands, it can run on all fours. This increases its speed to 50 ft. Festrogs gain Run as a bonus feat.


DM Only:

initiative strings:
Nim 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Anton 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Mihai 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Tragershen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Corbrius 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Aedalis 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Festrogs 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Order of Combat Round 1:
Anton 22
Nim 19
Mihai 18
Corbrius 16
Aedalis 14
Festrogs 10
Tragershen 5

caves beneath battle round 1

Anton to start!


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Confirm no special prep from Mihai... apart from the aforementioned light.

Round 1:

Within the caves, Mihai steps carefully and his nose wrinkles at the stench. The sound of the snarl from a creature he cannot yet see causes his muscles to tense, and he instinctively extends a portion of Sinishakti's grace unto Anton.

Bit o' Luck for Anton 5/6 left, won't affect any main attack this round, but will be in effect for any AoOs - as well as for upcoming 2nd round action.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 1, Init 22

Huh.. thingies. I should really learn more about undead. A quick calculation shows Anton that he only has time to do two out of three: take a shot with his sling staff, draw his polearm, or get into position to hold the monsters' attention.

Dropping his sling staff, Anton hustles around the corner toward the thingies, drawing his lucerne hammer as he goes. Then he stabs at the one most likely to receive follow-up love from the others.

Move to N-35.
Standard attack vs. N-37: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
...for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.

AoO:
Anton takes advantage of his long polearm to swipe at one of the thingies as it moves forward to attack.

Standard attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Bit o' Luck: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
...for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 damage.


Elven Wizard 5 HPs 27/27 AC 18 FF 14 T 14 CMD 16 Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +4 Init +4 Per +7

Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"Festrogs! They are undead, not unlike ghouls. Try to attack them from range or by bludgeoning, lest their gore be sprayed upon you threatening illness! If they feed on your flesh, it bolsters their life force!"

I hope that wasn't too much speech for a free action. That is most of the details that should impact this fight. He'll say more on his own turn that should flush out the rest of the info under the spoilers.


Tragershen wrote:

Knowledge Religion 1d20+6

"Festrogs! They are undead, not unlike ghouls. Try to attack them from range or by bludgeoning, lest their gore be sprayed upon you threatening illness! If they feed on your flesh, it bolsters their life force!"

I hope that wasn't too much speech for a free action. That is most of the details that should impact this fight. He'll say more on his own turn that should flush out the rest of the info under the spoilers.

That will be your speech action for this turn, you can say more next round.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Flextime

Nim listens to Corbrius and Anton's exchange before rolling his eyes. He casually strolls over to a tree nearby and selects a suitably sized branch of hardwood and hacks it free with his magically sharp scimitar. He pulls out his tools and after a few minutes of whittling and tweaking the shape he has an adequate club crafted. He tosses it to the Magus without a word before preparing to enter the hole...

Craft (weapons) check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Should have taken him about 12 minutes, give or take, from start to finish. :)

Nim casts longstrider upon himself before descending.

Round 1

Not wanting to risk Wicewakan against the disease riddled creatures, Nim does not order him into the fray. And I don't see him on the map... maybe he didn't come down with us? ;)

Heeding Tragershen's warning, Nim grips his spear in one hand, readying it to be thrown, before drawing his shield as he slides into the room swift action + move action to P 34. Spotting the foul creatures, Nim lets fly his trusty spear at the creature targeted by Anton... N 37

standard action ranged attack w/spear : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

...catching the thing straight in the chest!

Current status and effects:
Wicewakan: AC 14 HP 18 of 23 (if he is present)
Nim: AC 17 HP 21 of 21
Longstrider - expires in 2 hours

Question.... does Nim's scimitar glow?


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Nim

Corbius snags the hewn club out of the air. That will do.. he says to no one in particular as Nim has already wandered away. Shrugging his shoulders his stows the weapon in his gear and finishes getting ready to move on.

Round 1

Hearing the sounds of combat ahead Corbius moves to attack, his rapier sparkling in the dark, Move action to O36 enhance rapier and thrusts at the Festerog.

Standard Attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The rapier slips past the beasts defences leaving a small hole its stomach which is little more than a scratch.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3
Tragershen wrote:
"Try to attack them from range or by bludgeoning, lest their gore be sprayed upon you threatening illness!"

"Oh, now he tells me." Anton grumbles to himself, his sling staff already left out of reach.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

confirm critical 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Bah my bad, I will add Wic in there...you have found that his Scimitar does not glow...

Aedalis to go then the creatures.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Aedalis moved into the room well behind the front line and fired his crossbow at any not yet in melee.

Light Crossbow Attack (VS FF AC): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
1d8 ⇒ 7

P.S- Nim's under Aedalis' ward. AC18 and CMD is 1 higher too.


Antons strike narrowly misses the growling creature.
Corbrius strikes his through the abdomen, although it seems to register the attack little.
Nim hits the one that Anton missed, the spear sitting half in/half out one of its chest. Just as it reaches up to rip the spear out, Aedalis let's a crossbow bolt fly into the one that Nim just hit and takes it in the eye. It waivers for a second before dropping to the ground...

Can everyone please start a stat block like Nim has that states your current AC, HP, and effects? Having a little trouble keeping track of how injured everyone is.

The two remaining Festrogs move forward to attack.
One tries to dodge Anton's prepared strike, but draws his attack anyways, it takes a heavy blow before it tries to bite the Ranger:
acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
F1 bite atk 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Miss

The other shifts over to Corbrius, trying to land 3 blows on him:
F3 claw atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Miss
F3 claw atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Miss
bite atk 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Hit
Trip vs. CMD 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Fail

I need a Fort save Corb. It misses Anton and the claws miss on the beast but it is able to sink its bite into Corbrius, it then almost falls to the ground as it tries to pull him down, he is barely able to remain standing.

Tragershen to go.

DM Only:

F1: 7HP
F3: 9HP


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

I keep my status in my parentheses (next to name at the top). I don't usually keep most things that change via a spell (for example AC is 14 not 10) but I do track HP with it.

Status-
AC14

Aedalis smiled smugly at his marksmanship.


Elven Wizard 5 HPs 27/27 AC 18 FF 14 T 14 CMD 16 Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +4 Init +4 Per +7

As Tragershen moves forward and sees the creatures, he blurts out his warning to the others (please see monologue above).

Move to N33. If there is no restricted movement in this tunnel, then that should just take a move action. If he has a standard action remaining when he reaches the cave opening, he'll fire a Disrupt Undead at the one that Corbius is engaged with (F3).

To hit 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Status/Effects:
Hit points 10 of 12.
Armor Class 17.
Active Effects: Mage Armor (2 hours).


The disruption effect slams into the Festrog. It let's out a primevil scream, feeling what must be pain for the first time since it's re-birth as part of it's hip Disintegrates, but still barely stands.

A few of you share a look that whatever else is down here, probably now knows that something else is down here.

Order of Combat Round 2:

Anton 22
Nim 19
Mihai 18
Corbrius 16
Aedalis 14
Festrogs 10
Tragershen 5

Won't be able to update the map until tonight but the creatures are in M35 & O37.


Map:
Caves Beneath Rnd 2


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 2, Init 22

Anton sees the thingie -- festrog, he reminds himself -- zigzagging as it approaches him; but its pattern is transparent, and the little ranger gets in a good swipe with his lucerne hammer. 7 damage under the AoO spoiler last round, for anyone keeping track. "Hah! Thought you could fool me, did you?" However, as his own festrog bites nothing but metal, Anton is distracted by the distinctive sounds of powerful jaws savaging mortal flesh.

His short-lived jubilation turns to anger. "Oh no you don't!" Anton uses the butt of his lucerne hammer to drive back the festrog next to him, just enough that he has some room to work. Then, pivoting in place, the fierce halfling swings his polearm in a high arc, bringing its brutal hammerhead down on the skull of the undead abomination that is trying to eat Corbrius.

Standard reach attack vs. N-37: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Bit o' Luck: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
...for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 damage.

AC 20, hp 18/18, Bit o' Luck (until Mihai's turn)


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Sorry for the hold up...

Round 2

Nim, seeing the others have things mostly in hand, hangs back to see if they finish off the foul creatures while keeping an eye on the other entrance tunnel into the chamber...

delay until init 13

Current status and effects:
Wicewakan: AC 14 HP 18 of 23
Nim: AC 18 HP 21 of 21
Longstrider - expires in 2 hours
Ward - expires when used

PS Wic is still not present on the map :)


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Round 2: HP 15/15, AC 14, 4/6 Bit o' Luck

Mihai moves forward cautiously down the tunnel until he is able to see the foes before him. Extending the grace of Sinishakti onto Anton once more so as to aid him in ending the foul creatures.

Move to N,33; Bit o' Luck for Anton


The hammer blow shatters the skull of the Festrog spraying gore about the creature and it collaspses on the floor, leaving just one standing. Only M35 still stands.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Fortitude save:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Round 2

Corbius avoids the claws of the creature only to feel it sink it's teeth deep into his flesh. yanking himself free just as Anton crushes the creature with his hammer.

Stepping up next to Anton Corbius strikes at the festrog..
Standard Attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Again feeling the blade bite into the creatures tough flesh.

Current Status

AC 18
HP 9/16
Arcane Pool 3/4 Rapier +1 till round 11


Corbrius' attack in conjunction with the disruption is enough to force the undead creature back to death...it falls to the ground unmoving.

You have a quick look around the room. There seems to be bad smell and fecal matter in the alcoves as well as scrap of leather armor. There appears to be writing on the leather....written in blood.

Kovaks Confession

200xp each.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Immediately after the last festrog falls, Mihai calls upon Sinishakti to allow his companions to walk further this day.
Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 3 - 5/6 remaining


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Nota bene: Aside from Gelik (a "sharply dressed gnome from Magnimar"), the only other Varisian of note on the Jenivere was Ieana...

Quote:
Ieana: A bookish Varisian scholar who tends to keep to herself, Ieana is traveling to Sargava to explore the ancient ruins there. Rumors aboard the ship alternately suggest that she’s the Jenivere’s owner, a Chelish agent, or Captain Kovack’s secret lover. Ieana keeps mostly to herself, and grows more intent on her studies with each mile the ship travels closer to Eleder.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

I'm not sure I am following you... The Captain clearly implicates Ieana in the note...


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

I found it unclear. I didn't know that the "serpentine demon who wore a Varisian's skin" was a reference to Ieana until I looked back at the NPC descriptions. It could've been a third person, since at different times, I have suspected the ship's cook or the first mate (or just had no idea). I find it amusing that it now appears that the scarf and hat that Anton found so suspiciously convenient were really just carelessly left behind (albeit by a "demon" and her thrall).


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

As they read and discuss the morbid confession, Anton is looking off into the distance, brow furrowed in concentration. "So.. what all does this mean? Ieana had some kind of control over Captain Kovack, and used it to make him sink the Jenivere and row her away. She left him down here, where he expected to become one of the festrogs; and I'm guessing that there are at least three more of them. Ieana was the cannibals' guest. She wants something to do with the Red Mountain, where the Chupa lives. And she owes me for Clopper. Did I miss anything?"


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

After they finish discussing the letter (in FlexTime) and exploring the chamber, Anton leads the way in complete silence through the east passageway. Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 However, the effect is spoiled when the business end of his stowed lucerne hammer catches and scrapes on the low stone ceiling, nearly unbalancing the little ranger and triggering a profanity learned in the Molthune army. His face turns red and he mutters. "Not like anything wouldn't have heard you lot coming anyway."


Just confirming you plan to hold the discussion until later and I will move things forward?


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Yeah, to keep the tempo up. Might as well assume that someone suggested that we hold the discussion for later, when we're safe.


You decide to keep moving and continue down the only exit from this cave.
It leads to another cave. A dark pool of water lies in the center of this silo-shaped cavern. A five-foot-wide ledge of stone winds down to the pool below, passing several cave entrances along the way.
Anton picks up a soft snarl and the pad of feet moving away from you down the passageway to the east.

Map so far:
caves beneath 3rd cave

Do you follow the sound of feet?


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

BTW, I forgot to state it at the time, but Anton retrieved his loaded sling staff after the battle was over.

Anton whispers. "You hear that? A snarl and padding feet.. hopefully just an animal. Maybe even one that won't attack us. But so close to sahuagin territory, I need to be sure." The little ranger follows the sounds -- and his own personal issues -- to the east.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Having come in after the fact - Mihai was waiting on more discussion from those of the Jeneveive before speaking on the note.

Following towards the back of the group, Mihai's eyes are drawn warily to the pool of water. While not disagreeing with Anton's intent to follow the noise Eastward... Mihai walks backwards with his eyes cautiously upon the pool.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 For any sign of friends within the water


You peer into the pool...it looks fairly shallow. You don't see anything obvious in the water so you decide to continue.
You go a short distance until it opens up into a larger, man made room...

This long chamber evokes the feel of an ancient, hideous cathedral. The walls are carved with images of serpents walking upright like humans, snakes coiling around and eating hapless women and children, and stranger scenes. Four stone pillars carved like coiling snakes support the vaulted ceiling 30 feet above. Four small cells blocked by rusted bars sit in the walls to the east and west. To the north, an immense carving of a snake’s head looms, an ash-caked door clenched in its jaws, while to the south rises a horrific mound of bones and partially decayed bodies in an eight-foot-tall heap arranged almost as if to evoke the imagery of a coiled snake made of corpses.

A rasping voice echos through the chamber adressing you. Anton, is that you? You, you survived? Are there others?
Come closer I can barely see you.

The voice is coming from the north end of the chamber, your light hasn't quite made it there yet so you are not really sure how long this chamber is yet...

You move a few feet cautiously towards the voice and the rest of you filter into the chamber, there is something vaguely familiar with it.

Standing at the very edge of your light is Captain Kovac or better stated, what was the captain. He now has long, sharp teeth and his pallid flesh is stretched tightly over his starved frame.
Another creature, slightly smaller than him but very similar is also there.

Ah good, there are more of you. Come and join us, you can become one with the thirst!

Large View

Combat View

DM Only:

initiative strings:
Nim 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Anton 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Mihai 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Tragershen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Corbrius 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Aedalis 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Festrogs 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Order of Combat Round 1:
Corbrius 21
Aedalis 21
Tragershen 19
Mihai 19
Anton 10
Kovac and crew 9
Nim 3

The Captain is the creature highlighted.

Knowledge Religion DC 11:

This creaturee is a Lacedon Ghoul. The have 3 physical attacks and they can paralyze you. Their bite can also cause Ghoul Fever

Knowledge Religion DC 16:

You believe the Captain may be a more powerful version of a Ghoul called a Ghast. He will also have a powerful stench that can sicken anyone getting close to it.

Corbrius to start...


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round 1

Captain Kovac what happened on the ship? What did she do to you?

Corbius moves forward (Move action to W47) his glowing rapier (Enhance Rapier Swift action) ready to strike at any enemy that gets to near. (Readied action attack any enemy that gets within range)

Readied Attack:

Standard Attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Current Status

AC 18
HP 12/16
Arcane Pool 2/4 Rapier +1 till round 11


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Flextime

Well I guess we know who the guests of the cannibals were now. But what could make a captain willingly sink his own ship?

Corbius looks at the twisted forms of the festerogs and towards the darkened tunnel.

Either way the answers lie ahead let us push on. Maybe if we find the captain we can get more answers.


Corbius Jank wrote:

Round 1

Captain Kovac what happened on the ship? What did she do to you?

In a twisted grin, She left me here with "mother" and freed me from the pain of life, you too will join us and soon be free!


Elven Wizard 5 HPs 27/27 AC 18 FF 14 T 14 CMD 16 Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +4 Init +4 Per +7

Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

He's a different kind of undead, for he seems to retain a portion of his intellect...

Tragershen's brow furrows as he struggles to identify the creature. When answers do not rush to his awareness as he is so accustomed to, he makes a mental note to ask Jask to check him for mind affecting illnesses later, in case the island's unlimited parade of diseases has taken hold of him once again. Concerned that he cannot discern the creatures' nature, he acts to aid his allies should they prove to be formidible.

Move to Y26 and cast Azlanti Foresight on the party (using his bonded object ability).

+1 insight bonus to hit and to reflex saves for two minutes to all allies within 20', which should include everyone.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Retcon-

Aedalis had little to add to the discussion but reminded the others that their magic had limited duration.

Present-

Aedalis seemed more interested in the fascinating walls of the cathedral than the undead creature the others obviously recognised. He snapped into action as the undead moved to attack, beginning a conjuration spell...

1 round casting Summon Monster 1.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Round 1: 15/15 HP, AC 14, 4/6 Channels

Seeing that they are beset with enemies once more and also knowing that not all have been returned to health - Mihai stalks forward and lets the grace of Sinishakti flood forth to aid and heal.

Move to Y,45 and Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 1: AC 20, hp 18/18, Azlanti foresight

Anton scowls. "Yes, it is I. But you are not you. I have many questions, like what and where is "mother"? And who is that with you? But I'm not sure that I'd trust your answers." Whirling his sling staff around, Anton shuffles forward, loosing a bullet at the nearer of the two creatures.

5' step to V45.
Standard ranged attack with halfling sling staff vs. P44 (Point Blank Shot, Azlanti foresight): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 19
...for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3 damage.
Drop sling staff and draw lucerne hammer.

AoO:
Anton stabs at the thingie as it closes with him. This appears to be effective.

Standard attack with lucerne hammer: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
...for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 damage.


Please don't forget to add you status block to your posts unless you plan to keep your tag up to date.

Tragershen, assume you mean Y46, not Y26?

Anton's attack is successful and the bullet bounces off its chest, cracking a rib. The smaller one moves towards Anton, V44, setting off his attack and it is hit again with the hammer.
It then tries to bite him once:
bite atk 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 dam 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Miss

The once captain then moves up next to his "friend" and he/it then tries to bite him once as well:
bite atk 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 dam 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Miss

This may be a short battle...

As Kovac approaches, his stench is unbelievable. It makes most of you gag and retch.
If you are within 10' of him make a Fort save or be sickened, DC 15Should be everyone except for Aedalis and Mihai.

Nim to go.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Fort vs. DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The same fine senses that make Anton such a good scout betray him now, causing his gorge to rise at a stink so thick you could stick a fork in it.

Current Status
AC 20, hp 18/18, Azlanti foresight, sickened


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 1

As the "captain" moves closer, the nauseating stench that emanates from the undead creature assaults Nim and Wicewakan...

Wic save (fort): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Nim save (fort): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

...causing the wolf to whine as his eyes water at the unnatural smell, but having no effect upon his master.

Nim shouts a command at his stricken companion...
Handle Animal check (wounded): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
...and the wolf responds by racing around to flank the "captain", being careful to avoid giving the monster an opening... move action to U 46 avoiding AoO ...before trying to tear into the foul creature with a lunging low strike at its legs and trying to pull it off its feet...

standard action attack w/bite +foresight -sickened: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
damage -sickened: 1d6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 2 = 5
free trip attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

...landing a solid bite, but slips in his attempt to bring the thing down. falls prone?

Nim delays long enough for his wolf to get into position before stepping forward 5' step to W 44 and driving his spear at Kovac's chest...

standard action attack +foresight +flank 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
damage +pack hunter: 1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (2) = 14

...piercing the putrid flesh just above the sternum. total damage form both attacks = 19

Nim shouts over his shoulder as he yanks his weapon free, Keep an eye on that tunnel, we don't want any surprises!

Current status and effects:
Wicewakan: AC 14 HP 20 of 23
Azlanti Foresight - expires ???
Sickened: expires ???
Nim: AC 17 HP 21 of 21
Longstrider - expires in 2 hours
Ward - expires when failed or hit
Azlanti Foresight - expires ???


Order of Combat Round 2:

Aedalis 21
Tragershen 19
Mihai 19
Anton 10
Corbrius 9a
Kovac and crew 9b
Nim 3

Round 2 Map

Wic is forced prone by the Captain's unnatural strength but takes two heavy blows, he snarls and and suddenly becomes very feral.

Corbrius took a swing at the captain as well, but he easily evaded it. Aedalis to go.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Aedalis finishes summoning, bring into being at U44 a small dog from the celestial realms which immediately smites the evil ghoul before it, tearing into it with its teeth. Aedalis himself used his fortune hex on the summon, helping it to connect and stepping beside Mihai.

Fortune, focus, 5 foot to Y44.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Fortune Pre-Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


With Aedalis' Fortune it is just enough to strike the Ghoul, it drops to the ground with barely a sound, leaving only your "captain" standing.

As the other one falls he hisses at you,
I will make you his replacements!


Elven Wizard 5 HPs 27/27 AC 18 FF 14 T 14 CMD 16 Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +4 Init +4 Per +7

Feeling confident will a wall of allies between him and the captain, Tragershen says derisively "Not likely, Captain." before firing a bolt of positive energy at him.

To hit 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18
Damage 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Effects: Mage Armor, Azlanti Foresight.

Nim, duration of the Azlanti Foresight is two minutes (one minute per level of the caster).


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton taunts his former captain. "Oh, was that a he? I couldn't tell, since death hasn't done you all any favors. I thought" -- he gags, ruining the effect, but gamely continuing (green-faced) -- "maybe it was the 'mother' you mentioned." Backing up carefully, Anton stabs with his polearm's spearpoint at he was once Alizandru; but the sensitive halfling's efforts to keep from retching at the smell don't help at all.

NA: 5-foot step to X45.
MA: Try to trick Kovack into revealing the "mother". Probably a sickened, untrained Bluff check: 1d20 + 0 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 0 - 2 = 9 Failure
SA: Sickened attack w/lucerne hammer vs. V45: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 8 Miss
...for 1d10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 2 = 3 damage.

AoO:
It worked once before, so Anton sticks with the stabbing. It also failed before, and that's more what this looks like.

Sickened attack w/lucerne hammer: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 5 Miss
...for 1d10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 2 = 4 damage.

Current Status
AC 20, hp 18/18, Azlanti foresight, sickened

1,851 to 1,900 of 3,325 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign PBP Chapter 1: Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.