Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - Night of Frozen Shadows (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


501 to 550 of 1,653 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve looks around for an unconscious guard to try first, not really wanting to go with the witch if she can help it. Finding one, she ties him down and props him up, speaking in Skald to him.

Skald:
"All right. We're looking for two things, and your boss had both of'em. One of them being a person, we're also in a bit of a rush and don't really have time to beat around the bush. One, where's Ulf? Two, we're looking for a Tien sword. Have you seen that around here?"


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

The witch's raven flies around the hall before perching on a high rafter, squawking angrily but doing little more. Helva cannot break Heng's pin, so she can only sit still and fume while she is bound and gagged. She screams through her gag when Heng mentions killing her raven. Maeve's prisoner is similarly enjoying his captivity, and only spits at Maeve in response to her questions. The thralls peer into the main hall nervously, trying to see what happened.

For loot, the warriors have the same gold armrings, of which you can collect 12 from the bodies and prisoner. Asvig carries several valuables, including a potion (radiates magic), his shortspear (also magic), mwk chainmail, mwk heavy wooden shield, a lion's head armring made from platinum, gold neck ring, and a gold ringed pin brooch. Helva has a mwk sickle, a fine ring (magic), a gold and copper box brooch, and a 50 ft coil of silk rope.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Did we search the room they (Asvig n' Witch) came from?


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"..." Maeve takes the spittle in her face remarkably well and replies in a very calm voice.

Skald:
"Okay, so I'm a tiny girl and even though I broke several men's limbs bare-handed tonight, you think I'm no threat. Okay."

With a false sweetness, she looks up and over at Heng. "Could you please come over here a second?"

Skald:
"Now, this is Heng. You may notice he's bigger than I am, and somewhat better at the limb breaking thing. He also doesn't speak this language, but if you don't start talking to me, you can talk to him. Maybe I'll even be paying attention."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne
Parity wrote:
Did we search the room they (Asvig n' Witch) came from?

Negative. You just mentioned searching them.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Seeing that the witch is secured, Heng gives the once over to their room...
perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

until he hears his name called and goes over to see what Maeve wants.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival shakes his head when killing the raven is mentioned. "The raven is no real threat if we control the woman.
The elf makes his way into the room the witch came from.

Detect Magic
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

The room to the south is a bedroom, dominated almost entirely by a massive feather bed, with only a little space on each side for chests of clothes and personal items. The room beyond is a small storeroom, with valuables stored in chests or hung from the rafters.

Looting the chests turns up the following items: a mwk short sword with a walrus ivory pommel cap, a pair of boots stitched in elven fasion (radiates magic), 19 gold lion-head armrings, a jeweled box brooch, 4 fine felt cloaks, 5 copper neck rings, 5 silver ringed pin brooches, 5 silver pommel caps, an ornate whalebone tally stick, 3 small bales of fine angora wool, and a felt bag containing 258 sp and 47 gp.

*

The warrior continues to glare at Maeve, and remains defiant when Heng walks over, but he gives the half-orc an appraising look. Finally, he says bitterly, "Jeg vet ikke hvor Ulf eller sverd er på. Asvig tok ham bort dager siden, men sa ikke hvor."

Skald:
"I do not know where Ulf or the sword are at. Asvig took him away days ago but did not say where to."


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

"huh, no sword, no Ulfen guide. Maeve, hope you're wrangling something out of that clown. There's nothing obvious here."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve smiles a bit in response.

Skald:
"Thank you."

Turning to Heng after casually knocking the man back out (not really trusting her own tying job apparently) she sighs. "Well, thanks anyway, but all I got is that they're not here and the dead man didn't say where he took them."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng tilts his head questioningly not certain what just ocurred between Maeve and the raider. He shrugs and motions to the thralls and the witch.

"Sometimes servants hear more than their masters intend. Why don't you try them? They are likely more friendly. Otherwise, the cheiftain's consort may perhaps be better able to answer our questions and she might be persuaded to talk if she does not care to see her crow cooked. There were many times when I was starving in the Tusk Mountains that I wondered how they might taste," he states matter of factly. "I am certain Harlan could make it palatable."


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

"Ooh, I bet Harlan makes a mean 1-crow pie."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Helva stares daggers at Heng.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"That's a good idea Heng. I've never eaten crow. Well I have figurativly of course, but not for real. Although I never understood the expression eating crow if you weren't actually eating crow."

Harlan turns to the tied up woman.

"I bet you must like crow, you have one with you. Is that your familiar, or just spare rations if you run out of children? Now, I don't want to brag, but Parity is right, I know the recipe to crow pie. There's also humble crow, shepherds pie (which doesn't have crow but it could probably be modified), and crow and mushroom stew, and potted crow. There's something I've heard of called coconut crow, but I don't know what a coconut is, and there's another dish called buffalo wings, which is actually crow legs, and why would you call them buffalo wings since buffaloes don't have wings, unless people feel better about eating imaginary buffalo wings instead of crow legs?"

After this Harlan takes a deep breath.

"So, will you please please please tell us what we want to know, or I'll probably go crazy trying to decide how to cook your crow and then I'll have to eat to feel better, and you don't want that."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

"Say, do you even speak Common? I'm not sure Maeve can translate all of that as fast as I can talk. I guess I should've asked that first."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Helva's expression slowly changes from one of defiance to resignation under Harlan's verbal assault. She shakes her head back and forth, making a pleading noise. When (if) you remove her gag, she says in accented Taldan, "Please, no. If you leave us be and go avay, I vill tell vhat I know."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng removes the gag and responds sternly, "You have my word. Where are the sword and the guide?"


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

"Release your thralls also. No harm should come to them. Then tell us why your husband sent your men to attack us."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

"I don't know, exactly vhere they are," Helva replies. "But this feast vas in the honor of Snorri Stone-eye, Asvig's liege lord, who died this veek. Vhen he took Ulf avay, he said 'he'd soon be joining Stone-eye'. He took the Tian svord at the same time."

To Malnival's query, the witch shakes her head. "Asvig newer said vhy, but he was paid vell enough that questions veren't needed. The Rimerunners often hired him for vork. They ewen prowided the ship."

She seems reluctant about releasing her thralls.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

"How did this Stone-eye die?"

Do we know who the Rimerunners are?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Helva shrugs, "He vas wery old."

You've never heard of the Rimerunners before.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

"Are the Rimerunners bannermen of Snorri Stone-eye as well? Where can we find them?"


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve might have heard of them when she was checking out the city, Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

"No, no... they are a merchant guild, from Kalsgard."

Maeve confirms this.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Oh thank you miss. I have to be honest, I don't think I'd have liked the taste of crow."

Harlan beams as the woman gives up her secrets.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng rubs his bald head, "So the Rimerunners hired your raiders to attack us and that is where Ulf and the sword went?"


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Helva shrugs again. "He did not say."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

After a long pause, Helva adds, "You know all I know, you have your rewenge, and all our waluables... weregild is settled. Please untie me and go. I... now have a funeral to arrange."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"What do you say guys, let her go? Sounds like we have some good leads and we crippled the gang."

Harlan looks anxiously at Heng and Parity.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Just need to know where these Rimerunners are.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

"But to answer your question, Harlan ... I'm ok with letting her go. Not too terribly concerned about a vengeance vendetta. And who is she gonna turn to if they're all dead?"

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng reluctantly agrees with Parity, "I am uncertain I trust a witch, however without Asvig's protection I do not believe she still presents a threat. I gave my word to leave her be so let us be on our way. Untie her if you wish."


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

"We killed her husband and destroyed her power base, I am sure she will be fine with leaving us alone"

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng gathers what he can carry, "Wereguild she said. Well, if it will help stock the caravan, fine. Remember to wear an armband as we leave since I imagine the ward remains. I think we should each keep a band close at hand for now though it might be best to find someone discreet to melt the rest down into gold bars so as to not draw attention when we sell them."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

um, back to the caravan then? I think one of our local contacts might know more about the Rimerunners.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Yup ... think we're done here

Parity reaches down and picks up the platinum armband from Asvig, [b}"For nostalgia's sake ... take it out of my cut."[/b]


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Leaving the carnage of the Longthews farmhouse behind, you plunge back into the cool night and start your way back to Kalsgard. With the armrings, the post guardians do not hinder your passage. Uksahkka emerges from the copse and intercepts you by the trail. Even in the deep night shadows, you can sense her dismay.

"You did not find Ulf? Or is he...?" she asks, nervous dread in her voice.


"He's not here ... but he may already be dead based on the information we got. Sounds like they at least intend to kill him. No idea how far along that process they are. We're gonna try and catch up to him before it happens if possible. Rimerunners: what do you know about them and where are they? We think they have him." Parity states callously.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng frowns at Parity's overly blunt assessment. "There is still hope, Uksahkka. We are not certain what has happened to Ulf, but the Rimerunners are our next lead."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Looks like the website is back up. I couldn't access it last night and most of today - same for you guys?

Uksahkka looks perplexed, but she nods to Parity's question. "I've heard of the Rimerunner's Guild... they specialize in trade to and from Tian Xia. Ulf and I have dealt with them loosely on a few occasions. But they're merchants... why would they kidnap Ulf?"


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve looks down at the floor. [b]"...there's something more going on. But what? Obviously they have connections in the Tien lands...Do you know if they trade with Minkai specifically?"[b]


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

"Legitimate traders can also be an excellent cover for smuggling, human trafficking, counterfeiting and other illicitness." Parity ponders, "Or assassins?"

I was able to access through my phone but not via computer during that same time period, not sure why


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne
Maeve Haela wrote:
Maeve looks down at the floor. "...there's something more going on. But what? Obviously they have connections in the Tien lands...Do you know if they trade with Minkai specifically?"

Uksahkka shakes her head, "I do not know, but I don't know them very well. Maybe you can ask around in Kalsgard. I'm worried that Ulf angered them when he went freelance, but I cannot think they'd be able to coerce him into service... he's way to stubborn." She sighs and rubs her forehead.

Back to the city?


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

They had an update problem, the website was dying at another IP address they owned so I'm guessing a route got messed up somewhere in their firewall/routers.

"That makes sense, if these guys were hired by the Rimerunners then maybe they kidnapped your partner because they didn't want him helping us. Or they were hoping we'd come looking for him. We should probably be ready for a trap."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

looking back, it's late and the gates were locked behind us. can we still get to the Caravan?


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Only one way to find out!


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

By the time you return to Kalsgard, it is well after midnight, and the city gates are indeed closed and locked. You find a clear spot near the handful of other travelers and merchants camping outside, huddle up and wait for dawn. The gates open before the light of day, as a thick pea-soup fog settles over the city. When you finally get back to Sandru's caravan, you're exhuasted.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Can we afford to rest? If this guy's life is on the line, we probably should get moving, let alone ensure we beat any of the fleeing warriors to the punch if they choose to warn anyone.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm bushed. Maybe some coffee and then off to find Ulf?"


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Good idea Harlan.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

After the coffee break, where to?

501 to 550 of 1,653 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - Night of Frozen Shadows All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.