Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


451 to 500 of 8,093 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"After she got knocked out in that tussle, I don't know if even you are charming enough to have a toss with that one, but then again, yea do fair well fer yerself on that account, so I wouldn't be all that surprised by it."

"I myself sort of try to be wary of females, as if yer not careful yea can get yerself into trouble, specially on a small boat, and turns out I'm good at the trouble part of gettin into trouble with them. Plus if i ain't careful, Jack'll peck a hole through me skull." he adds conspiratorially.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

A little retcon with Flynn from the night before.

in whispered Aquan to Flynn:

"Flynn, I do not want to get into details regarding the charts tonight. Maybe tomorrow, when I get a chance between my duties, we can speak again ... I will try and seek you out if I'm not being watched like a hawk by Plugg", looking about her, lest she is heard or understood and hoping the Aquan dialect is not easily understood by Plugg's crewmen.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

A little retcon with Flynn from the night before.

** spoiler omitted **

Retcon With Rain:

"Aye lass - no worries. 'Twas just a suggestion is all. I shall gladly talk to you whenever you would like; you know where to find me - and after all, there are so few places I can go."

I do not muffle my words overmuch, and am currently speaking the Common Tongue - it seems my wits at least are sleepy. In any case - what is clear to me is that what I just said now was - at the least - harmless.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

I'd like to try and talk with Peppery Longfarthing but I'm not sure where her duties place her on the ship or if there would be any chance to speak with her during the day, either before or after my day job duties are done. If I can't manage that, then I'll talk with Barefoot Samms Toppin.

Action:
If Peppery: "Excuse me for interrupting ma'am, but being the cooks assistant and all, and I'll admit to not wanting to be punished for things I've not done, I was hoping that the food was up to the quality that your Ladyship expects." He tries to appear as humble as possible as he says this.

If Barefoot: He comes up to her with a smile, "Exciting couple of days, huh?" he says as he rubs his back. "Working on a ship's not so bad 'cept when the food stinks worse than an untended outhouse. Been trying my best to make sure it doesn't taste like last weeks bilgewater. If you don't mind my asking so forthright, how've I been doing?"

Diplomacy (either way): 1d20 ⇒ 20

Day Job:

Sko actually enjoys working with Fighgut if not the circumstances that brought it about nor the people in charge. "Hey, Fishgut," he calls out at some point while they're working, "I've heard that there's a few areas of the ship that aren't used so much. Do you know if there might an extra barrel lying about? Preferably one that doesn't leak and isn't infested with the gods know what. I need it to hold water."

DayJob: Survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

The Ocean is being generous to me; a good sign. Bringing the catch to Fishgut he mangages a smile, "Oh, Master of Chefs, might you be able to concoct some small taste of the sea from this?"

Who passes out the rum ration at night?


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

A new rigger? Does he mean to replace me or someone else ... Rain's heart begins hammering inside her chest as a nasty thought claws at her.

duty rolls:

Action: Working Diligently
Profession, Sailor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Constitution check: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Plugg enjoyed dishing out the heavy, manual work to her and she realised he was trying to "break" her. I won't let that happen you bloody, scurvy dog. Least she was on deck today and not aloft among the ropes and spars. Her muscles ached a little still from last night's punishment but she was grateful it was not worse and that the unknown female healed her and the others.

Her tavern companions' worries about being overheard by the snitches replay in her mind and so Rain buckles down to the arduous task of hauling and working on the mainsail. She works deftly, even though the strain is hard on her taxed muscles and body. Sweat beads on her forehead but she wipes it away with her shirt sleeve.

Rain looks about her and then up among the rigging (making it appear like she is doing so as part of her work to any "eyes" watching her), straining her eyes to make sight of Ratline, her Halfling rigger friend. He was supposed to be lashed with the cat last night, but I fell senseless after the last stroke of the lash and did not see him. Ratline, I hope you're alright, my friend. But her worry grows as time passes and she is anxious to get sight of him, moving with his relative ease and long arms among the rigging and sails. (Or at least hear gossip and murmurs from any crew member in her vicinity.)

Perception (looking for Ratline or overhearing conversation): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Rain will not try to influence any of Plugg's original crew members during the day -- she will mainly keep to herself even though one of her own, Seijiro, is close by working on the lines. His silence around her makes the decision easier and so she leaves him to his work. She is still annoyed with Dhaavan and gives the man a wide berth. Better not to be seen fighting with one of my own in front of these scoundrels. Least he has my weapons and gear stashed away safe. I should thank him for that. On a water break, Rain will try and find some time to speak with Flynn but only if she isn't being watched by Plugg or one of his cronies. She will work hard through the day and seek the others during the evening meal or at bedtime when the crew is asleep. Variel had not spoken to her in days and she wondered at the Elven male's silence. Rain does not attempt to retrieve her weapons/gear from the locker down below, not during the day.

DM:
Mister DM, Rain had a switchblade stashed inside her boot before being spirited onboard the Wormwood. Did the crew members discover the blade and take it with the other things or not? Just trying to get it straight in my head so I know how to rp it later. Thanks.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

YEAH SKO! rollin' like a boss


Rain Taneththir wrote:


Rain will not try to influence any of Plugg's original crew members during the day -- she will mainly keep to herself even though one of her own, Seijiro, is close by working on the lines. His silence around her makes the decision easier and so she leaves him to his work. She is still annoyed with Dhaavan and gives the man a wide berth....

Rain what were you going to do with your Ship Action? Once I know that I can start responding to everyone. I just need to know because it may influence my responses to the group depending upon what you do.

GREAT POSTING EVERYONE!


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain will simply be undertaking her assigned task on the mainsail as her ship action during the daytime, while occasionally scanning the rigging etc for Ratline (and trying to listen in/overhear any conversation going on around her).


Ok so you are working diligently. Awesome then you super succeed! lol

Working on the updates, theyll be up in a bit.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

oooh, dreading this... it could go really bad if I didn't make a high enough stealth roll :(


Seijiro:
You successfully complete your job for the day as well as you more nefarious task.

Valeros:
Cog looks over at you and says Did I ask for your company fish boy? Keep your big trap shut or I'll shut it fer ye. Attitude shifted from indifferent to unfriendly.

Scourge comes over while you are talking to Cog and says What in the hells are you doing swab?! I told you to get that cask of rope wax an hour ago! That's three bashes fer bein lazy! Keep it up and i'll give ye another taste o'me lash!

Variel:
You don't find anything interesting in the lower deck other than what I already described earlier. You are successfully able to finish the repairs replacing a couple of floorboards in the lower deck while talking to Horatio and Dhaavan in the bilge.

Dhaavan:
You work during the day as hard as you have ever worked in your life. The bilge has about two feet of brackish water in it when you start and you are able to bring it down 6 inches during your time there. The work is exhausting though and you are fatigued by the end of the day.

Horatio:
Down in the bilge with Dhaavan you have difficulty getting around the smell and it affects your performance during the day. At one point Scourge comes down into the lower deck and sees you with your head out the hatch while Dhaavan is pumping. You lazy sod! he screams That's three lashes for slacking on the job! I'll see you during the bloody hour. Smiling he heads back up the stairs. Thankfully because you weren't able to work quite as well due to the smell you aren't fatigued at the end of the day.

You find Rosie sitting in a pile of rope attempting to untangle it. Oy! Watch where your f$*&ing stepping c#+*! I just untangled those. Looking up she when she sees you she says Oh sorry. I thought you were that bloody bastard Ratline. He keeps walking over my f&~!ing lines and it is pissing me the f!#$ off. He's a good enough prick but he can get a little scattered at times. Yer Horatio right? Well ain't that a f$~%ing dandy! I had me a cousin named Horatio...cept he was a right f*!%ing jackass he was. You look alright though. Attitude moved from friendly to helpful.

Sko:
Peppery is in her laboratory with the door shut and locked for most of the day. Barefoot Samms is available though and she smiles a crooked smile as you approach. Oh the foods been good. It's been very good thanks to you and Fishguts. Can't complain no we can't and the crew preciates it. Good food stuffs the Captain good also which is good for little Caulky his cabin girl. Captain can be a bit rough with his affections but when he's had a good meal he's a mite friendlier. Attitude improved from Friendly to Helpful

When you pull up your catch for the day, Fishguts is again effusive with his praise and tells the crew about it. Doing that good two days in a row, I'm giving you a +2 on any influence, gamble, or entertain check with the crew for the next day. When you ask about the barrel he points you towards an empty one near the stove that he isn't using. It previously had a series of salted fish in it but he says you can use it if you want.

Rain:
While working, you see Ratline working on one of the other sails. He seems to be moving a bit slower than normal and winces a time or two when he brushes his back against something but other than that looks to be in one piece.

As for your switchblade in your boot 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 they did not find it so you can still have it.

You all work during the day in various methods of success. The bell tolls the end of another day and a few of you are moved forward to receive your punishment. Gill is up again and takes the rope bashes stoically. It is nothing compared to last night (3 Nonlethal Damage). Horatio is brought up and the charge of Dereliction of Duty is read out and Scourge pronounces three lashes in punishment. 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 The first lash causes Horatio to grunt from the pain but he stands strong and refuses to scream out. The second lash draws a red line across his lower back and hip. The last one catches him full across the middle of his back, drawing a long line diagonally across it. Overcome, he passes out from the pain. You take 10 points of nonlethal damage and then 3 points of lethal damage. You will be out for 3 hours if no one heals you.

The evening meal is given out along with the rum rations. It is a sumptuous gilded fish done from three different types of fish. Flaky and delicious the Captain even grunts in approval as he heads to eat with his officers in his cabin.

Please let me know if you are attempting to dump your rum ration as well as the stealth roll to do so if you are. Those that drink your rolls are below. Remember to take into account if you are fatigued.

Rum Rolls:
Horatio you don't need to drink if no one wakes you up.
Variel Minor Addiction Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 3 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 6 Wis Damage 1d3 ⇒ 2
Sko Minor Addiction Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 3 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 4 Wis Damage 1d3 ⇒ 2
Dhaavan Minor Addiction Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 4 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 8 Wis Damage 1d3 ⇒ 3
Horatio Minor Addiction Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 2 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 1 Wis Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1
Rain Minor Addiction Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 4 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 3 Wis Damage 1d3 ⇒ 2
Seijiro Minor Addiction Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 3 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 8 Wis Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1
Valeros Minor Addiction Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 2 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 4 Wis Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1

Please make sure to give me your night actions as well with your rolls. Also if you are awake you are free to talk to whomever you want to including each other.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros moves forward to help carry Horatio away from the post. As the big man is settled down, Valeros whispers a few arcane syllables and runs his hand over the man's back. The lash marks seal themselves and the wounds look a day old instead of fresh. Valeros simply looks the man in the eye as he regains consciousness before turning away without a word.

CLW on Horatio: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7.
I'll post my Night Time action later.


Horatio you are at 3 nonlethal damage currently due to Valeros's healing. You are awake and conscious though.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:
Horatio you are at 3 nonlethal damage currently due to Valeros's healing. You are awake and conscious though.

Does this mean I still need to take rum as I have just been healed? Also - am I able to have a nightly action?


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro as usual wants his wits about him and dumps his rum ration.

stealth roll to dump rum 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

He pulls out his harmonica when the others are done drinking and plays for the crew, starting with a jaunty shanty, switching later in the evening to quieter tunes, and back again... whatever the mood of the crew seems ready for at the time. Occasionally he gets up and dances a little, but mostly he sits with the press-ganged folk while he plays.

perform: harmonica 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Yes and yes Horatio


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

I'm writing my night time action. It'll be to influence, but Dhaavan will want to influence someone other than Simms, a new crew member that he will aslo try to make a tatt for. I can toll us my influence rolls then write up the RP part of what happens beyond making SImms her kraken? or should i wait on making the roll till i get the NPC's that i could try to chat with and focus on for the evening?


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain moves forward and follows Flynn and Valeros and watches silently as the gillman performs some magical healing and Flynn's injuries knit and he soon wakens from unconsciousness. She wants to make sure the doctor is alright, since he seemed to be attracting more than his fair share of punishment and was the only one that seemed to show any interest in her welfare.

She looks from Flynn to Valeros and asks in a very soft tone, "Are you both alright? Flynn can you stand up?"

Night time action:

Rain will speak to Flynn privately about the charts -- perhaps when the other crew are asleep. She will also try to find a new person among the crew to speak with and possibly influence (or at least introduce herself to). Perhaps one of the females or someone friendly with Ratline, whom she considers trustworthy.

I'll post more soon -- unable to right now -- and I will make the necessary rolls re rum etc.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:

Yes and yes Horatio

Okay - but you didn't provide me any "Rum Rolls". Once I get that, I will act.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

Rain moves forward and follows Flynn and Valeros and watches silently as the gillman performs some magical healing and Flynn's injuries knit and he soon wakens from unconsciousness. She wants to make sure the doctor is alright, since he seemed to be attracting more than his fair share of punishment and was the only one that seemed to show any interest in her welfare.

She looks from Flynn to Valeros and asks in a very soft tone, "Are you both alright? Flynn can you stand up?"

** spoiler omitted **

I'll post more soon -- unable to right now -- and I will make the necessary rolls re rum etc.

"I am alright - I think... thank you," I say - somewhat unsure.

More RP can come after I know the effects, if any, of the rum.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

btw, just because he's playing his harmonica on and off all evening, doesn't mean Seijiro isn't open for conversation... he'll just intersperse playing and talking.


Horatio Flynn wrote:
Rain Taneththir wrote:

Rain moves forward and follows Flynn and Valeros and watches silently as the gillman performs some magical healing and Flynn's injuries knit and he soon wakens from unconsciousness. She wants to make sure the doctor is alright, since he seemed to be attracting more than his fair share of punishment and was the only one that seemed to show any interest in her welfare.

She looks from Flynn to Valeros and asks in a very soft tone, "Are you both alright? Flynn can you stand up?"

** spoiler omitted **

I'll post more soon -- unable to right now -- and I will make the necessary rolls re rum etc.

"I am alright - I think... thank you," I say - somewhat unsure.

More RP can come after I know the effects, if any, of the rum.

Yes I did. Look again at the rolls. Fourth one down.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Dhaavan grimaces as Flynn gets his beating, but he had a hard enough time with the work himself that there was nothing he could have done.

Hurrying to his locker before food is served, while the others are in line for their Rum Ration, Dhaavan gets his needles, shoves his set into his vest pocket, and gets in line for his rum. On the way he casts a Prestidigitation and upon getting his mug, gives a smile, "Thanks mate!" He turns his back, dipping his finger into it, adds some flavor to it so it goes down easier, and takes a healthy swig. Lifting his glass as he walks away.

Setting down to eat next to Barefoot Simms, he appologizes, "Sorry 'bout yesterday, I was a bit busy bleeding last night for much else, but what do yea think about gettin that Kraken? I got a few ideas on how the tentacles'll kinda look like the tats yea already got, but just enough to create a visual cohesion and overall aesthetic so as not to look like yea got a pestle o' rendom haphazard pictures drawn on yerself." Feeling the drink already a bit, Dhaaven takes a bite of fish and exclaims, "What in the hells! I been to taverns with right proper kitchens and a staff o' Cheffs that served utter crap compared to this! Mmmm, Cheers" He calls raising his glass to Sko and Fushguts both.

Dhaaven chats with Simms, and other crew-members around while eating and offering to give 'em some ink.
"Well, shall we get started?"
Craft Tattoos: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

While working he chats and drinks. He relaxes more and more as the night wears on, yet is does not affect his work, his movements and needlework going from more controlled and deliberate precision artwork to more natural and instinctual. The image of a fierce Kraken begins taking shape one line at a time. Assuming it's good with a 22, yeah?

What NPC's are there and interested that Dhaavan could work on next, get to know, and influence

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Scourge's Happy Hour...Although Flynn may be in the same group that got forced into this labor, Variel couldn't get rid of the notion that he was involved somehow that first ight in the bar. Maybe it was the scribbling of notes while people were drinking and having a good time. Maybe it was his attitude. Either way it surprised him that Plugg and Scourge would whip him again 2 days in a row. Perhaps that more than anything led to Variel cutting the guy some slack. He will help Flynn down after the whipping but stand clear as he has no real skill in that area to help him more than that.

Later at dinner...Downing his rum again since there was no real lasting effects from two nights ago, Variel will attempt to sit next to Rain during dinner since he hasn't spent much time with her the past 2 days. In elven... Sorry, Rain. I wish I could have been in your company more, but my duties led me to the interior of the ship. I hope you can forgive me and know that I will make more of an effort to be top side so that we may talk during our breaks, if we get any. How was your task today. Apparently well since you were not up there for Plugg and Scourge's happy hour. I am please to see that. How have they been treating you? Well i hope.

Oh by the way, I spoke to Dhaavan and he said that you two talked last night. If you need help moving anything let me know where you want it and I will see if I can help you. hidden message check that Dhaavan will move equipment to the locker if he knows which one 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I was also wondering if you would do me the honor of joining me for a dance tonight if I can get Rosie to play a tune on her fiddle. I was able to get it returned to her and she owes me a favor. Since that dance at the bar, I was hoping that I could get a repeat performace with you. Let me go ask her and I will be right back.

On the way over to Rosie, Variel will stop by Dhaavan and slap him on the shoulder. Take it easy, you had a long day in the bilge. Don't want you getting too tired moving stuff around. You should get some help with that type of labor. secret message 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

At Rosie, Hey Rosie, was wondering if you would be willing to join Seijiro there and play a tune on that fiddle that we could dance to. I have in mind to spin some ladies on the deck. What say you, hon?

Immortal:

Do we need to have diplomacy checks for this type of action? I deally I am thinking about the entertain night action but don't want to waste the action on Rosie just to have her play her fiddle. I will post one here for now but just curious for future times. 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 14 Once I now if she will play her fiddle, then I will post the night's action. If she won't play her fiddle then I will try to influence someone instead. Also, since I am trying to take this action, I don't want to force Rain into the entertain action as well.. How does that work?


DM Immortal wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **...

FYI Those addiction saves are wrong. I accidentally copied them all over and didn't change the fort save on any of them. Like I said though I won't retcon a mistake that went in your favor but Dhaavan just so you know you would have picked up an addiction had I done it properly. ;-)

Ok heading to bed, have a good night all.


Variel Nightstorm wrote:


On the way over to Rosie, Variel will stop by Dhaavan and slap him on the shoulder. Take it easy, you had a long day in the bilge. Don't want you getting...

Rosie is more than happy to accompany Seijiro's harmonica. She is actually quite good and they get in sync very quickly after they realize that they know some of the same songs just by different names.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

GM Immortal:
Dhaavan is going to try to influence another NPC that night, but i dunno who would work, and might want a tattoo, or how good the Kraken is or how long it takes for him to make. Not sure if Dhaavan'll have time to make another Tatt, or if he'll just be talking to the NPCs while he works on Simms


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:
Rain Taneththir wrote:

Rain moves forward and follows Flynn and Valeros and watches silently as the gillman performs some magical healing and Flynn's injuries knit and he soon wakens from unconsciousness. She wants to make sure the doctor is alright, since he seemed to be attracting more than his fair share of punishment and was the only one that seemed to show any interest in her welfare.

She looks from Flynn to Valeros and asks in a very soft tone, "Are you both alright? Flynn can you stand up?"

** spoiler omitted **

I'll post more soon -- unable to right now -- and I will make the necessary rolls re rum etc.

"I am alright - I think... thank you," I say - somewhat unsure.

More RP can come after I know the effects, if any, of the rum.

Yes I did. Look again at the rolls. Fourth one down.

Sorry about that – I don’t have my “game face on” I guess – that’s twice I missed details like that. Apologies.

Too weak to attempt to avoid the rum – I shall attempt to resist the effects.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Thanks Rosie. I knew you would be a good sport about it. I better head to Rain quick before someone else snatches her up. Bye thanks again. with that Variel quickly heads over to where Rain is sitting.

Rosie said she would play for us. May I have this dance? Variel will give a slight bow to Rain as he asks. If she does not want to dance or if Variel had offended her somehow, he will find some other lady to dance with that seems to enjoy the music.

Entertain action. 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 19
Not a bad performance, but nothing that the crew seems to appreciate all that well. Perhaps some of he ladies liked it better than Variel thought though.

If any ladies approach to dance, Variel will dance a couple more times before claiming that he needs to save himself for tomorrow and that there are plenty of other nights that he can dance. After the dance, he will sit down near the pressed ganged group and listen to the conversation.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

Rain moves forward and follows Flynn and Valeros and watches silently as the gillman performs some magical healing and Flynn's injuries knit and he soon wakens from unconsciousness. She wants to make sure the doctor is alright, since he seemed to be attracting more than his fair share of punishment and was the only one that seemed to show any interest in her welfare.

She looks from Flynn to Valeros and asks in a very soft tone, "Are you both alright? Flynn can you stand up?"

** spoiler omitted **

I'll post more soon -- unable to right now -- and I will make the necessary rolls re rum etc.

I nod to Rain pleasantly. My body is killing me and my head feels somewhat groggy – but the pleasing warmth is flooding my body.

To Rain:

”Well lady – I should say that having notes or information on what you have observed is generally essential for any sailor. Learning the culture of a tribe, important members of a city, political or religious values of a people that you visit – when you return to that place – having those notes or information so that you can reference them quickly can be very useful indeed.”

”I should add that I have heard that people will pay great amounts of money for such information. A ships log, for example – it often includes notes on hidden ports, locations of secret caches of treasure; proper landing points and safe harbors or currents; and other such things. If a sailor cannot find the right current or a safe harbor – then they would be in danger when they are trying to find their way home.”

”To have such a document, or a journal that has such a record of your life or adventures… Well – it was merely a suggestion,” I add with a small smile.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro enjoys having someone else to play along with, the harmonica blending well with the fiddle. He gets even more enjoyment out of playing in an impromptu jam session than he was having playing alone.

He will take some time to chat with her between songs while they decide what they are going to play next. He is glad for his time aboard Inner Sea vessels so he could learn the chanteys of the region.

"You pretty much know my story - it's the same as these others here... shanghaied like the rest. Not that I wouldn't have signed on for a good berth if they'da just asked me." He lowers his voice further so as not to be overheard by others, "though if I'da known in advance about Plugg and Scourge I might not have signed on willingly. So, Rosie, I've not seen a lot of halflings take to the seas. How did you get stuck on this cursed ship?"

He plays a quick riff on the mouth harp and waits for her answer before moving on the next song they choose.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Posting from my cell while I can get a line. Electricity is down here and has been for some time. Variel, Rain will dance with you, just so you know. Once power is back on (hopefully by tonight) I will post up some social rp. Sorry for the delay but the damn winds knocked everything down in my area.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

My next move is to finish the meal and than I shall attempt to rustle up more allies among the crew. Looking around – I think I shall try to “influence” a new person on board.

My Thoughts::

Taking some liberty here – I looked at the “Campaign Info” page and saw one of the crew members was a gnome; so I am approaching him. If we don’t have the chance to meet – than please disregard this.

Glancing around, I see a gnome with an eye patch. Looking at his fancy dress it occurs to me that gnomes are generally intelligent and this individual looks like a bit of an aristocrat. I suspect he may be well-educated and may have interesting information or stories to tell.

I have heard gnomes are gifted at crafting unique and unusual gear; he may have knowledge of firearms, perhaps – or different styles of weapons that are somewhat more advanced then the mundane gear we have encountered so far. Therefore, after my meal – I shall approach him and interact with him, hoping to make another friend – even as the Halfling is now my friend.

Try to “Influence” the gnome “Shortstone” via Diplomacy
1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

GM - Night Action:

[ooc]Not sure who i'm influencing, but I'll toss the roll, cause I won't be us till a few hours after you update... But he basically gets to work on the Tattoo for Simms after dinner, and chats up one of the others that around, offering to give them one if he has time.
Influence
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Mostly Dhaavan'll talk about ink, and get into Varisian culture and riff about home and joke about the crazy things that he's seen bringing him back into the arms of Besmara and the sea. But depending on the NPC he talks with he'll change tact accordingly.Just need something to roll with, and i'll roll

As Dhaavan works on Barefoot Simm's tattoo, he chats with others around, taking a particular interest in getting to know a crew-member he's yet to get to know well.

Rain
While working on the tattoo, Dhaavan shouts at Rain after her dance with Variel as she passes "Hey there gorgeous, Ye'r gettin better at that! It was probably too much drinking that threw yea off back in the tavern!" Kidding around about her dancing aside, he adds, "Oye nah, I'm only playing, come 'ere and don't gimme that look." He leans closer to her with a smirk and motions her to come close where he whispers to her, "Oye, I don't recall if I fixed my locker shut right. Yea mind goin' down-stairs to check fer me while-" He pauses at looks at Simms with a playfully angry look "Hey you, quit moving, wouldja?" turning back to Rain, he continues, "Anyway yea mind goin down there to check, make sure none of my stuff's missin?" giving her a wink.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Private Conversation before dinner

in discreet Aquan to Flynn:

"Flynn, you spoke to me of a star chart. Aye, I can write, and if I had paper and ink I could attempt to draw my own, although truth be told I have never attempted such a thing before. Among my gear, hidden inside my backpack is a nautical chart which may be useful navigating the Shackles. Dhaavan tells me he has my things hidden away. I have not spoken to the quartermaster of the Wormwood. I have been assigned aloft more than not and have had no opportunity to introduce myself below deck. I do possess a talent for storytelling like yourself and Dhaavan."


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

At the evening meal, when rum rations are handed out

Stealth to dispose of rum without being noticed/seen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Once more, Rain discreetly tips her rum out and eats the fine tasting fish caught by Sko. He has a knack for fish catching. The Captain will be pleased with him. Least he is safe for a while.

During the meal, Variel approaches, sits beside her and strikes up a friendly conversation. She listens as he explains his absence and silence the past two days.

in Elven to Variel:
"Variel, you are forgiven. I believe I am being deliberately separated and isolated from you all during the daytime. I was in charge of the mainsail today and it pushed my muscles to almost breaking, especially after last night's punishment. I kept my mind on the task and did the job well enough not to incur further punishment. I am sad to see two of our own were not so fortunate", referencing Flynn and Valeros. "Plugg unfortunately continues to watch me most attentively. I would wipe the leer off his face, yet I cannot in fear of retribution on you all. How did your day fare?" When Variel mentions Dhaavan's name and some obscure detail of moving things, Rain has some idea of what he means as the previous night Dhaavan did say he was holding her gear and weapons. "If I need your aid, I shall seek you out, Variel. Thank you for your offer."

When Variel mentions the dancing, Rain turns to face the Elven male and gives him a small smile, "I will dance with you, Variel. Still I must be careful for I do not want to draw further attention from Plugg or his henchmen in the process. I tire of their stares and threatening leers."

Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Thanks Rosie. I knew you would be a good sport about it. I better head to Rain quick before someone else snatches her up. Bye thanks again. with that Variel quickly heads over to where Rain is sitting.

Rosie said she would play for us. May I have this dance? Variel will give a slight bow to Rain as he asks. If she does not want to dance or if Variel had offended her somehow, he will find some other lady to dance with that seems to enjoy the music.

Upon Variel's polite request, she nods gracefully and accepts his extended arm and rises to go dance with him. The music is lively enough and Rain becomes a little anxious and self-conscious but fixes a smile on her face and manages to keep up with her Elven male dance partner, though not as gracefully as someone who is versed in the latest dancing styles. Least I am better this time than the last I danced with Variel, she muses privately.

Dance (untrained):1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Dhaavan wrote:

Rain

While working on the tattoo, Dhaavan shouts at Rain after her dance with Variel as she passes "Hey there gorgeous, Ye'r gettin better at that! It was probably too much drinking that threw yea off back in the tavern!" Kidding around about her dancing aside, he adds, "Oye nah, I'm only playing, come 'ere and don't gimme that look." He leans closer to her with a smirk and motions her to come close where he whispers to her, "Oye, I don't recall if I fixed my locker shut right. Yea mind goin' down-stairs to check fer me while-" He pauses at looks at Simms with a playfully angry look "Hey you, quit moving, wouldja?" turning back to Rain, he continues, "Anyway yea mind goin down there to check, make sure none of my stuff's missin?" giving her a wink.

Dhaavan:
Dhaavan. He enjoys baiting me, that I am sure of. Rain looks at the human and gives him a tight-lipped smile. Her turquoise eyes pierce him. For the benefit of any of Harrigan's crew watching, she performs a curtsey as if playing up to his compliment. By the gods, now he's calling me over. Play nice, Rain. She makes her way over to him as he continues working on a tattoo. She looks at the design and the crew member, not knowing this one's name (she better start learning their names), nods her head toward the other male and bends closer to Dhaavan (although she really did not want to be that close to him right now for she was still angry with him). "So, you require my services to check on your belongings? I may be going down there shortly and I can check on your locker then", and with that she gives him a bow and returns to Variel's side for a little while.

F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

When she returns to Variel's side and before he whisks another lady off to dance, she leans in and smiles, as if sharing an easy moment with him, and pulls him off to the side in order to gain some privacy afforded by the music and revelry.

in discreet Elven to Variel:
"Dhaavan thinks he left his locker ajar and wants someone to check it out. What do you think? Care to accompany a lady or do we just leave it?"

Perception (to notice if they being watched or overheard by any of the other crew): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

If Variel agrees and proceeds below deck, Rain will follow cautiously,
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18. But if he advises her it is too dangerous then she will heed him and not attempt it this night. She is not stupid to risk another beating, whipping or worse or even place Variel in danger's way. Rain waits for Variel's counsel.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)
Rain Taneththir wrote:
Dhaavan wrote:

Rain

While working on the tattoo, Dhaavan shouts at Rain after her dance with Variel as she passes "Hey there gorgeous, Ye'r gettin better at that! It was probably too much drinking that threw yea off back in the tavern!" Kidding around about her dancing aside, he adds, "Oye nah, I'm only playing, come 'ere and don't gimme that look." He leans closer to her with a smirk and motions her to come close where he whispers to her, "Oye, I don't recall if I fixed my locker shut right. Yea mind goin' down-stairs to check fer me while-" He pauses at looks at Simms with a playfully angry look "Hey you, quit moving, wouldja?" turning back to Rain, he continues, "Anyway yea mind goin down there to check, make sure none of my stuff's missin?" giving her a wink.

** spoiler omitted **

Dhaavan would have winced under her gaze on another day, but with his body so tired, his mind swimming with drink, and his attentions focused on his work, he doesn't seem to really take notice. What he does notice is that she may be taking her time about getting down there, he adds, in low tones "Thanks, Darling! I'm sure I really appreciate it, and sooner rather than later would be nice. In fact, there's this scarf that I'm rather partial to, lovely blue/turquoise and bright red affair, it'd look good on yea I think, consider it a taken of my appreciation?" With that, he goes back to work, chuckling quietly to himself. Well, I'm sure glad she's not still annoyed with me. Gattign back to work, he says, "Now where was I? AH! You see the thing about making an animal is the stylization, cause ye'll never to get it to look quite like the real thing, just right, unless you have a long time and perfect quiet, and even then it may not look as good, if you get the style of the thing down just right. Realism is overrated, is what I say."

Edit: Edited message slightly

for Rain (or DC: 27 Sense Motive):
Bluff check to deliver a secret message
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
"Now is the perfect time to go downstairs with everyone distracted. I left my locker open, cause I have something there for you, so now's your chance and get it. Consider it a peace offering and appology" (Sweet roll! Hope nobody has a +7 SM bonus and rolls a 20...)
Dhaavan's locker...:
...contains the sack of his possessions as well as a bundle of Rain's gear that he got from Grok, all wrapped up tightly and bound in a blue scarf, and tied in a bow, like a present.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Quietly to Rain as she pulls him aside

Rain:

If you want me to go down with you I will. Otherwise I will stay up here and keep dancing and try to keep people from disturbing you. I believe that I can keep the ladies at least entertained. I will dance by the hatch going down to try to give you as much time as possible.

Variel will continue his dance a few more times neart the hatch leading downstairs. Letting Rain in, his dancing will try to prevent others from going down as well. Any female that tries he will grab and start dancing with, any male he will accidentally bump into while dancing.

Hopefully Rain joining in the dance counts as an assist to get me over that 20 mark. Thanks Rain.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros felt the length of the day hit him and all he wanted was to climb into his hammock. Finishing his food, he tried his best to slosh the rum out of the cup with no one seeing it.

Stealth to get rid of rum: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

After that he wearily climbed down to the bilges, already dredding that this might have to become a nightly ritual for him. Floating in the brackish water, he tried to forget for a moment his trapped status on the ship. Climbing back out, he used a few liberals castings of create water to wash himself off and then climbed wearily into his bunk, almost alseep before his head had settled.

Night Time action: Sleep


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro watches the others dance or sit quietly talking, or even a few going downstairs on various errands. Those that stay above on the top deck, he does his best to tone the music to their apparent moods and alternating between lively jigs and slower dancing songs. Hopefully, he can convince Rosie to go along with some of his choices and when the songs are ones that she doesn't know by the same name he does, he plays a few bars for her until she recognizes the tune and joins in.

He will continue to engage Rosie in conversation between songs. Once he learns more about Rosie's story - how she became a sailor in the first place and then how she became a pirate on the Wormwood - he has more questions for her. "So I've noticed the ship's not equipped with guns, but is there a master gunner aboard? Never known a ship without one. Spent my first few years aboard ship as a powder monkey, so just curious who's in charge of your ballistae here." assuming there ARE ballistae aboard


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

Private Conversation before dinner

** spoiler omitted **

Waiting for a quiet moment to chat with Rain while she dances – I attempt my “Nightly Action”. After which – I shall speak to her a bit privately before bed.

Response to Rain:

I am not trying to use “Bluff” for a “Secret Message” here; I don’t intend to say anything particularilly dangerous or incriminating. However – at the least I will speak quietly and speak in Elven. Not only for protection – but for courtesy. Also – it is a good exercise to practice using other languages that you know with someone who speaks them fluently.

I nod pleasantly about Rain’s comment regarding her penchant for storytelling, genuinely interested. But as she seems a bit tired, and has been dancing besides, I shall do what I can to stick to “business” for now.

”Storytelling has its advantages – this is true. I remember a tutor at academy who taught my class on Elven language once said to me – ”Mathematics, science, engineering, law, medicine: all of these are excellent pursuits and necessary to stay alive. But tales of passion, beauty, joy, romance and love: these are the reasons we wish live.”

”I have always found that to be true in my studies. Even so – perhaps I have too much in me from my mother and my uncle. My mother was very disciplined and honored the Church very much – too much it may be,” I add a bit sourly.

”But my uncle was a far more liberal man with his faith – even so; he still demanded a specific type of discipline; for the jobs we did together to earn our bread – carelessness could result in quick death.”

”I suppose like most children I am blending of all those factors that raised me. For myself – I have kept the disciplines of medicine; but added to it the discipline of writing. Keeping a journal or a log was an excellent discipline – even if you entered the most mundane of notes – it keeps your mind focused.”

”However,” I say somewhat briskly with a sudden wave of my hand ”these journals are more than that. They are an invaluable tool – especially to sailors.”

”When you wish to find a safe haven to dock your ship – where shall you look for such information if not your notes? And, not only must you compute your place on map with the knowledge of your general coordinates – but there are many other variables to consider. For example – what if you are traveling to a friendly island – and around the island, slightly under the surface of the waves, is a ring of heavy coral? Your ship could be gutted and your vessel sink beneath the waves, unless you know the exact point at which you can pilot the vessel safely through a gap in the reefs. You may have been lucky enough to find this point before - and entered that information in your notes.”

”Even so - having managed to get past such reefs or coral – you may be relaxed as you see a pleasant beach and intend to dispatch longboats. But what you may not know is that this cove or harbor has a shark of dire proportions that has made the harbor his hunting ground. Such sharks can crush a longboat with their jaws – in which case you may not be so eager to launch the boats unless your men are prepared for such an attack.”

”And,” I say continuing – the rum encouraging my words ”what if you land on the island and discover lovely fruit which may be poisonous – though you do not know it? Or perhaps there is a tribe of natives who are extremely friendly to you – but only if you come with a gift of some mundane gear, and without the gift – you are then their enemy?”

”If a captain has visited this island – and he is wise – all of these things will be noted in his log. He will have a record of this information so that when he or his allies visit this island they will know exactly where it is; where to land; what to bring – and so on.”

”And none of this information includes details like prevailing currents and seasonal variations in tide and weather; such as ice or storms – all of which should also be noted in the log – so that a captain may see that a current is very strong, but it is only so wide and can be navigated around – and so on.”

”This is why such information is useful to a sailor – and a captain, and even a private person.”

I lean forward a bit conspiratorially to make sure that this next news is not well overheard – though with the crew either sleeping below or dancing above it is unlikely they will hear – and even if they do – what does it really matter. It is not such a secret that what I am about to say happens; but it seems likely that the rum prompts me to such melodrama.

”I have heard tales of Chelaxian spies who have offered to pay large monies to members of the Colonial Fleet for copies of certain rutters – or logbooks, if you prefer – so that they could find such hidden ports or points of interest. To possess such information can be priceless, to the right people. However – the spies were caught and dealt with. Though, doubtless, there have been others that were successful – yet we would not have heard of them, I suppose,” I say leaning back comfortably.

”Now – I am not captain, as you well know – but I am a doctor, though I have limited experience in the field. Nevertheless – I hope to gain the chance to expand on a modest journal I am composing regarding certain medical cures and unknown sicknesses and diseases – and anything I can use to allay them.”

”As you travel – and enjoy writing besides – I would recommend creating such a journal for yourself, if you can. The half-orc quartermaster – this “Grok” – she seems like a reasonable being. If you have the chance to speak to her throughout our journey – see if you can get such a thing as materials to write about your experiences,” I say with a sage nod – the theory sound, yet perhaps my current lack of sobriety caused me to forget that while journals and poetry may be fine things in the themselves – perhaps I should focus more on our current predicament rather than such trivium – but again, my words and wits seem slightly impaired by the rum.

That said, I look at the shapely elf in front of me, my slightly fogged head bereft of my usual “disciplines” and my eyes roam over her form and linger a bit longer than they would normally.

”It is clear to me why the others whished to dance with you, lady – your eyes alone are like the blue fires of the pole star at midnight – and your body… your body…” suddenly I realize what I am saying, and my eyes quickly focus.

”Apologies lady,” I say standing somewhat quickly and switching back to “Common” ”I did not mean to be so bold with my observations – please excuse my forward ways,” I add, lurching a bit, and clutching at a beam.

”Begging your pardon – but I am going to go offer my thanks to the man who assisted me earlier; and see if anything can be done for him. And, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening,” I add somewhat awkwardly as I turn and leave quickly to go check on Valeros.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Valeros Jaloksin wrote:

Valeros felt the length of the day hit him and all he wanted was to climb into his hammock. Finishing his food, he tried his best to slosh the rum out of the cup with no one seeing it.

Stealth to get rid of rum: 1d20+1

After that he wearily climbed down to the bilges, already dredding that this might have to become a nightly ritual for him. Floating in the brackish water, he tried to forget for a moment his trapped status on the ship. Climbing back out, he used a few liberals castings of create water to wash himself off and then climbed wearily into his bunk, almost alseep before his head had settled.

Night Time action: Sleep

I am intending to do this when Valeros goes below – but before he returns to his bunk. I am intentionally timing my action to do this privately when he is in the bilges, if I can. Though this may compromise the continuity of my social RP – I’m hoping for some leniency on that end, given the nature of PbP.

Regarding Valeros:

Guessing Valeros’s intentions I make my way deep into the bowels of the ship and – if I am not mistaken – find him in laying in the filth of the bilges.

My eyes squint somewhat in the darkness, and I frown in disgust – not only for the fact of what I had to put up with down here earlier – but also for the fact that I was so inept with the elven lass above.

Seeing that he has not quite finished his time in the water before his bunk – I take a moment to speak to him.

”Thank you for your aid – the healing did help me quite a bit,” I begin slowly.

”I am no priest, nor am I magi – and I do not have such powers that you do – but, such as I do have – I will continue to offer them. If it helps – I trust you somewhat more than I have before,” I say with a bit of a shrug – a reflex gesture – being that there is no true light in the bilges.

”In any case – I merely wished to extend my thanks to you. I hope the rest of your night is pleasant - given the circumstances,” I add, and then leave him to what he needs to do in the water to refresh his flesh and keep it from becoming dried out or damaged further.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Horatio visiting the bilges:
Valeros watches as the man moved back to the ladder to climb back up. I appreciate the gesture. I wish you well in the coming days, I think we'll all need each other before long. As Horatio climbed out, Valeros still had to wonder if the man really trusted him or was only trying to remove himself from Valeros's debt. Either way, it was nice to know that they wouldn't be at each others throats any longer.


Apologies again for the lack of posting today. It's been rather insane at work and then the kids decided today is let's attack daddy day and have not let up for 3 hours since I got home lol. I am working on the update and there will definitely be one up tonight but I'm not sure exactly what time tonight. Thanks for the patience.


After the punishments and subsequent meal, the rum flows and the crew begins their nightly ritual of gambling and talking. There have been some grumbles at the lack of entertainment when a mournful tone peals through the air. Seijiro steps forth into the center of the ship and sits down on a barrel next to the mainmast, a gold and silver harmonica cupped in his slender hands. He begins a tune you recognize as a popular sea side tune before following it up with a medley of different tunes. Rosie quickly accompanies him on her fiddle and the crew begin to dance and cheer along with the music.

Variel convinces a few of the women on the ship to dance including Rain and you see Sandara jump in for a step or two as well. During the dance and music, Ratline introduces Rain to Barefoot Samms, another rigger that you had briefly chatted with but never gotten to know. She is pleasant and not a little bit drunk.

Dhaavan during your highly successful tattoo session, Sandara staggers up and says Your good, Dhaavan. Care to do me next? She pulls up her sleeves and you see that they are covered in pirate tattoos. Beautifully done mermaids and mermen along with all manner of references to Besmara. I have some space on my legs that could use a bit of ink if you have the time? She says baring a considerable amount of fine white skin as she shows you the spot on her calf. You use your diplomacy on Sandara and move her to a new category of Helpful+ which means that except if you grossly mistreat her she will be an ally no matter what.

During the festivities, Horatio approaches the foppish gnome who is staring rapturously at Rosie. He seems disinterested in talks of guns and such. You get the sense that he is a genuine fop and considers things like guns and such beneath his dignity. You missed the diplomacy check by 1 but nothing bad happened from it.

Variel and Seijiro you both get +2 to all charisma based rolls and influence checks with the crew due to your performances.

Valeros, after tossing his rum nonchalantly to the deck, heads down to the bilges to "freshen up". He has a quiet strength about him that leads one to think that he may be difficult to get to know but would be a steadfast ally once that trust was earned. Horatio, seeing this descends not long after him but returns before too long.

Returning to the deck, he sees Seijiro and Rosie talking about the gunnery and this being something he is interested in goes and sits with them as Rosie answers That would be Riaris. Mean c$@~ she is but you'll get to meet her soon enough. In a week or two she'll get you all out and get ye trained up on boarding. We got a few ballista and a catapult in the hold that she'll bring up I suppose.

Let me know if you have any questions.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro frowns slightly at the mention of boarding training. "I'm not much for hand to hand fighting myself, but I suppose we get no choice in this. I'll have to endure. Have ye done this training before with this Riaris? What's it like?"

His eyes brighten a little at the mention of the seige weapons on board though. "Ballistae and catapults eh? That sounds promising. Mebbe not as good as cannon, but still quite effective. I wonder if she'd consider training me in their use? I think I'd be afraid ta ask though, don't want to attract any unnecessary attention from the officers, good OR bad, yanno?" The last is whispered softly to Rosie as he talks.

As Flynn walks up, he nods to him and says softly so as not to be overheard, "Hey there, Flynn. We were just chatting about ships weaponry. Quite interesting that they have ballistae and catapults aboard. Expecting some trouble maybe? Just general piracy, I wonder, or are we after a specific prize?"


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Sweet! Dhaavan like having fervent allies, especially the kind that can gimme healz! I'll post soon as I'm out work and toss a craft check and description of Sandara's Tattoo. I assume I wouldn't also have time this night to chat with Grok, and that'll have to wait till tomorrow day or night? Figure I'll have to toss diplomacy the next day with her regardless so I'll delay increasing the size of Dhaavan's coalition, in favor of improving fervor. =P


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:


As Flynn walks up, he nods to him and says softly so as not to be overheard, "Hey there, Flynn. We were just chatting about ships weaponry. Quite interesting that they have ballistae and catapults aboard. Expecting some trouble maybe? Just general piracy, I wonder, or are we after a specific prize?"

My eyes narrow contemplatively as I consider Jiro’s comments. I think on it a moment – then responds softly.

”Not so very unusual to have ballista – if you have a ship which is attacked by large beasts of the sea, a captain would need protection… A ballista is a good weapon for such things.”

”Catapults now; that is a different story. Clumsy and awkward to use a catapult against a sea beast; for the ammunition it uses is not specially designed to fly straight or true. It is designed to do massive damage to a relatively stationary object – like a well-laden merchantman class ship in low tide, eh?”

I glance around the ship carelessly – already aware that here lines are poor and her bulk would inhibit speed as she is too wide in the beam. Still, such a vessel, though slower in movement generally would have the advantage of being able to defend well against heavily armed ships.

”Yet I am still uncertain as to the particular use of this ship,” I remark, looking aloft.

”Now, if I were conning her – and bent on pirating enemy ships; or more likely using letters of marquee against ships that were opposed to my county – I would have things adjusted significantly,” I say somewhat speculatively – the rum again wearing on my ability to be as circumspect as I might be, even though I keep my voice low.

”Above us is only a meager crow’s nest for a watch. That should be eliminated forthwith and replaced by a fighting top; maybe… thirty feet up, and roughly ten by ten feet. Then you could muster your archers up there to harry the enemy vessel when you were in range, and also use any casters or muskets – if they had any.”

”Next – if it was I that conned the ship – I would arrange for smaller harpoon guns with swivel mounts and cables on the quarterdeck and a similar one on the bow. I don’t know where the main artillery to this vessel lies, I have not been made privy to that information – but if this ship intends to fight an enemy; unless she catches that enemy in a full broadside, then there will be no chance of her doing much damage. And as I said before; the way this ship looks like she would handle – hell… She’ll likely turn so slow that it would waste its time in a fight."

I glance around again, my eyes narrow and a long pause comes between that thought and my next words, as if I am considering something hard, or the drink is affecting my thoughts.

"As I haven't seen any artillery on the main deck, that’s why I'd order a few chasers be set up on her; unless she’s got sorcery to lend her the speed to tack course hard. Not that I’ve seen any evidence of that – after all – there’s more important things to occupy my time – like scrubbing decks.”

I stare at the ship a mite longer – gauging her with my eye, and shake my head in disgust. At this point you would notice the rum must be affecting me more than I seem to realize. My language is becoming a bit more slurred, and a slow emergence of profanities are leaking in to it – as well as a less educated style of speech.

”Hell,” I say with a wave of my hand at the masts ”you put this ship against an elven class lorcha or some of the ones that have been built by those bloody heretics out of Rahadoum and they’d dance circles around us – and if they had a second ship to run interference? They’d cut our sails to ribbons at range; leave us dead in the water – and we’d be buggered!”

”And piss up a rope – even if we did have the wind on our side, being that the sodding arsed beams are so squat, by the time she could swing her nose about to give one of those whores a proper broadside she’d already have her stern blown apart, if not the masts snapped or sails shredded through! Damn stupid incompetence,” I mutter.

”Nay – if this ship is built for the taking of an enemy – it’ll likely be Cheliaxian Merchantman vessels at best, or something like that.”

I rub my throbbing head a bit.

”Of course if they want to sink an enemy outright, then they’d need more than a few catapults and ballista – they’d need the bloody gods to back them, because I don’t see anything on board this scow built for sinking enemy ships outright.”

”Nay, lad – if she got catapult she’s not armed to take down a bloody serpent – those sods don’t linger long enough for that kind of ammunition to hit… Nay, she’s armed to take on other ships. Smaller ships that’re slower and weaker – but’ll have decent prizes, but not great prizes, mark you – because the rich ships’ll have escorts and we can’t handle ships from more than one angle, unless we deliberately move slow enough so that we're between 'em and they're able to flank us – which would be so damn stupid it’s not worth thinking on.”

My gaze lowers to stare off into the distance, not really paying attention much to Jiro – or really anyone at this point, almost talking to myself.

”But we won’t waste time with the really rich ships – we’ll go after smaller, weaker, poxing, slow ships. The one’s we might be able to handle, eh? Someone’ll see one – relay it to the captain – he’ll give Plugg the word – Plugg’ll call out bloody “Action Stations” – and we’ll all rush on deck, or be sent to the artillery while we tack course in hard to range. Then we’ll likely use the catapults to launch some clay jars with oil; lob ‘em at the enemy sails and rigging, don’t want to sink the ship, just slow her down so we can take what she’s got on her – then use spells to ignite the oily sails at range from the fighting top – nay, I bloody forgot, this whore’s got no fighting top – we’d use the bloody quarterdeck in this case, I’d wager…of course, if we bloody had a fighting top then we could keep archers there to harry the enemy while they tried to put out the fire, but whatever…”

”Meantime, we move into range at a nice leisurely pace as the enemy tries to do what they can to douse the flames and then – when we’re maybe about seven or eight fathoms out – we’d just toss grapples; drag the whore closer and it's - "All hands prepare to board" - That is if we – nay, if they wanted to pirate a ship.”

I glance up at Jiro with a bleak smile.

”Well – at any rate – that’s how I’d do it – if I was going to pirate a ship. But – as I said, this ship is so piss-poor built that she wouldn’t be much good unless the enemy we attacked was equally useless. Of course, what I am saying? I shouldn’t be so negative, eh? They run a bloody tight ship here, they do, eh? And hell – when they work so hard at trying to avoid improving their ship for whatever poxing job it may be used for, that’s only because they got more important things to do, like starting brawls with their mates.”

”And as for the evening? Hell – why bother posting a bloody deck watch and dismiss us for a good sleep? It’d be far better to waste time dancing or singing or even lounging around like drunken sots! It’s just as well that there be no enemy shipping after sunset, lad. Oh no, that’d never happen, eh? And a good bloody thing that no enemy vessel or beast of the deep’s got a need to harass us after we’re forced to drink the bloody “rum” swill they dole out - which does a heap for our ability to do anything to protect this ship from an attack I might add - because if we were attacked in the night after being forced to get drunk then we’d be up to our ears in goblin dung!”

”Ah, but what the hell do I know – I’m not even a doctor here, eh? Just a bloody deck scrubber who they force to drink rum because they don’t want any half-decent advice to ruin their bloody plans at forever remaining second-rate,” I add with a sour grunt.

451 to 500 of 8,093 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.